Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms
The Hogwarts Express Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 93 94 95 96 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ZariahAllison

3,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:24 pm
Zariah Allison- First Year- Unsorted

She frightenly sees all the upperclassmen and is unable to put words into her mouth as she gets on the train. She has no idea what to do on how to be a sucessful wizard.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:29 pm
Walther Dalzhat

Walter woke up from his nap, he checked on Mortimer, and brought some candy from the candy trolley. His parents didn't allow him to have sweets, but he was alone, so he didn't care. He chomped down on some Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans, gulped down a goblet or two of Pumpkin Juice, ate a few chocolate frogs, and scanned the Wizard Cards he had gotten. Nothing new, but that wasn't surprising, Walter had nearly all the cards, only the rarest ones were the few that he was missing. He pulled himself up, stretched for a moment, opened the cabin door, and stared out into the aisle. First to the left, then to the right, he didn't notice anyone, so he went back inside, shutting the door as he went. He sat back down, and chewed on some Every Flavor Beans thoughtfully. He was bored honestly, and not quite sure what to do about it.
User Image

Happy the Blue Cat

8,350 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Heckler 50

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:44 pm
User Image
яεġrετηστнιηġ ғεαяησ σηε ταkε prιdε ιηεvεяyτнιηġ
User Image
A considerable amount of time had passed since Tristain had left to get some candy, and Colton was beginning to fidget in his seat. Eventually, he was unable to take it any longer. Breaking the drawn out silence, he turned to Phi with an apologetic look. I'd hate to leave you here alone, but I think I'm gonna go see what's keeping my sister so long. My parents would kill me if I let anything happen to her on the first day of the school year." Getting up from his seat, he walked over to the door and slid it open, giving the fiery red hear one last look before whispering, "I'll be right back. I promise."

Entering the corridor, Colton began making his way from car to car, glancing inside of random compartments from time to time. Eventually his grays eyes caught sight of the candy trolley two cars down, and his sister's long blonde hair stood out - even from such a distance. Before he could get much closer, however, he paused in the center of the hallway.

To his right, a lonely-looking, white-haired boy sat all alone in his compartment. Ronyo. He thought to himself, trying to muster enough courage to confront him. They hadn't even really talked since that dreadful afternoon in the hospital wing, but over the summer he had convinced himself to accept the fact that the time would have to come sooner or later.

Perhaps sooner was better than later. Knocking on the door before sliding it open, he asked calmly,
"Is this seat taken?" One of his roughly-calloused hands gestured to the booth across from the oldest friend he had.
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:15 pm
Jessica Sassareth

Slytherin, Third Year

User Image Jess easily noticed when Devin casually eased his arm around Annabelle before answering her fellow Slytherin by extending her pale hand, "Nice to officially meet you Belle. I am Jessica Sassareth and my friend here...," the pale redhead slightly inclined her head toward Kat, "Is my friend, Charlotte Hattington. So, you're from the Rich family, eh?" While Jess waited for Annabelle to shake hands, green eyes glance toward Devin, waiting for an introduction.  

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:17 pm
Jayden Michael Cloud

User Image

Mood: Happy
What I am doing: Talking to Tristain
What I want to be doing: Talking to Tristain

Jayden heard her sweet, flowing voice and instantly answered the question. "Well, I kind of expect to be in Gryffindor honestly. Almost my whole family have been in Gryffindor. I am not completely sure though. What house do you expect to be sorted in?" he said, keeping the conversation between them going. He did not want the conversation to die out. She seemed positively wonderful, so he'll try to stay in the conversation. But...it was a matter of time until Devin came to find him. Hopefully Annabelle was with him, for he'll take much longer.

He had not thought much about the house he wanted to be sorted in. He always just assumed he would be put into Gryffindor because all of the boys in their family. That was changed when Devin was sorted into Hufflepuff. So now, even though he showed the qualities of a Gryffindor, he was not too entirely sure what house he is going to be sorted in. It actually made him quite anxious. He hoped he was put into the same house as Tristain. He wasn't that luck however. He was never one for luck like that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:19 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

User Image

Jane sat her arms crossed in front of her. She frowned at the wall in front of her glad to finally be alone. She felt and angry but more at herself than anyone else. What was she doing? Really? Did she really have any reason to be upset with anyone? There was plenty of reasons to be angry at herself but no one else. Certainly not Phinelia. She had wanted to make things better but Jane, of course, had refused. She just sat there completely unsure of what to do and certainly not wanting to go back to Hogwarts, but then again not go back to Thomas'. What Jane really wanted to do was go with her parents on an archaeological dig and forget she was even a wizard.

ooc; new outfit and music in pics
MADE BY PURPLEINATOR

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:36 pm
User Image

Trinity smiled and followed the two onto the train. "I'd be charmed my Lord" she muttered so that the other occupants of the train wouldn't hear. She sat next to the body of Tay. Trinity watched silently as Zane came into the car and sent the other twin away. She turned her attention as her Lord began speaking. Trinity nodded in acknowledgment. "Of course." She said taking her long black jacket off. "It shouldn't be too difficult. I can get at least one in the first week only" She assured as she crossed her legs.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

ooc; new outfit in pic.
MADE BY PURPLEINATOR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:57 pm
Hogwarts Express User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Third Year

As Ronyo sat spinning his hat about he smiled seeing the trolley cart go by along with several of the new first years and a few of the older students who were still young at heart enough to chase the candy rather than wait for it to make its way to them. He had not been in much of a mood for anything from the cart when the lady passed and asked him, also he had a feeling she was busy enough with her own train forming behind her.

Not long after Ronyo had turned to look out the window at the scenic view of green and blue rapidly dashing along with the train he heard a voice call to his direction. Turning Ronyo saw Colton looking at him with what appeared to be a face filled with question, some personal but likely most intended for the snow haired boy spinning the hat. He found the question curious as Ronyo was holding the cabin for his friends but quickly came to the obvious conclusion that they had indeed found a cabin of their own already. With a smile that truly reflected his joy to see his friend Ronyo sat up straight and placed his hat across from him.

"Of course, I was holding the place for all of us but I get the feeling you all have claimed a cabin already," Ronyo chuckled a bit to hopefully bring a bit of merriment to the overall feel of the conversation that would be forthcoming, "Though I have a feeling we could use it for a bit seeing you appear to be a man with much on the mind. I believe I may know the source of your questions but incase I happen to be wrong I would rather not taste my foot."

Ronyo had prepared for this encounter on his journey to the train station and had run through as many possible scenarios he could think of. While he knew the answer he would be giving would likely bring a great deal of joy or at the least pull some of that mass that sat upon Colton's shoulders away, he did feel that the first few moments would be the most unpredictable. Ronyo had even prepared for Colton to give him a good punch to start the conversation off showing he was truly series, and in truth the loyally courageous Slytherin would not have been opposed to such an act, after all love was one force that had no barriers and no logic.  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

inMadness

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:23 pm
User Image
{"It's only fear..."}'-,,-'{ Thomas Doyle Findeler }'-,,-'{"...It's only my destiny!"}
[ First-year ; Slytherin ]

It was strange, now that he thought about it, that he'd never known anyone from his mother's extended family. No cards around the holidays, or letters of inquiry, or even a mention in casual conversation. It was as if she had no family, or at least wanted it to seem that way for whatever reason, so it came as a tremendous surprise when he woke the night after the Nott's Banquet to find a petite, golden-haired girl, dressed in obscenely expensive designer clothing, sitting in a rather droopy and depressive state at the kitchen table; Her name is Elizabeth, your cousin. -- She'll be staying here with us now., Thomas' father explained when the boy very bluntly voiced his somewhat patronizing inquiries about the stranger, right in front of her.

Thomas was put off by her presence instantly; he would've said that it was how she just appeared out of nowhere. Where had these people been all his life? If they were important to his mother, they would have been at least mentioned; his mother obviously had no ties to this girl other than blood, so why should Thomas give her any sort of recognition or respect. He would've said, he had no more love for her than the rest of her family had for his mother, but a larger truth, and maybe the core to his disdain, was just how much the girl looked like his mother Julia. There was no doubt in his mind, through that resemblance alone, that they were related.

The first week was an adjustment to be sure, but Thomas handled like he would've any trial. He was an expert at ignoring and avoiding her all together, and when her presence absolutely had to intrude with his own, he grinned and bared with less than enthusiastic, but still courteous candor. He'd decided her all together meek nature was relatively benign, but still there was a lingering resentment he couldn't overcome, and despite her, albeit overly ritualized and rigidly practiced, polite nature, she couldn't gain any ground with him. Thomas took no pleasure in the way his father looked at him these days; nevertheless, he refused to give her a break.

The journey to King's Cross and Platform 9 3/4 had been a rushed affair, for Thomas' part at least. He'd scrapped through one year, and a buried drive to improve upon himself kept him motivated. He was ready for his second-year at Hogwarts, and had big plans. He wasn't prepared to let this new addition to the chaos of his world bring him down; there was too much anticipation bubbling within him. Arthur didn't accompany the pair bast the barrier. Thomas assured his father he could see himself, and Arthur wasn't one to disagree. He only offered instruction for the lad to keep an eye out for Elizabeth, affirming that it was his job to keep her best interests at heart; Thomas was keen on ignoring the suggestion, and left the girl behind without a second thought.

"Thomas!! -- Wait for me!"
He heard her voice, but could only release a quiet smirk and shake his head in a moment of disgust; the girl had been bred for high society and then thrust into the pit with the rest of the common rabble. For a moment, Thomas felt wholly justified in letting her squirm there on the platform, but eventually the sadistic pleasure he got from teasing her subsided and he was faced with the pale truth that she really was going to need help.

Thomas worked his way back through the crowds after seeing to his belongings and grabbing Fisch, quickly placing the now full-grown callico cat on his shoulder, a simple trick that had finally become second nature for both of them, he found Elizabeth still standing beyond the threshold of barrier between platforms.
"You really are something else, you know that.", Thomas said venomously as he tossed her a brash smirk and grabbed the front of her trolley.
"You check your things over here. -- Don't forget the toad, unless you want it bouncing around with the luggage.", he added, pointing towards the train. Then without another word, he released a sigh at her perplexed expression before turning about and moving back into the crowd as be made for the nearest access to a passenger car.

He wandered about the corridors for a time, leaving passing greetings and small-talk about this and that as he mingled with other students his age, and eventually found himself bumping into Yia and his older brother. There was a moment of tension, as he did his best to avoid eye-contact with either one of them, but finally resigning to offering Woil a nod as he pressed by. It certainly wasn't the Noinnei's he was looking for, but then again, Yia at the least was already aware of Thomas' ulterior motives. Thomas moved on, peering discretely into passing cabins as he searched for one in particular eventually finding it.

Thomas slid the door to the cabin open slowly, and deliberately as he let his gaze crawl into the space. He found his quarry but wasn't much for the company he kept, still he needed to keep the facade up for everyone's sake; none of them were aware of what he'd witnessed. This was simply a casual run-in of life-long friends.
"There you are, William. -- I've been looking all over for you.", Thomas said endearingly as he leaned against the frame. "How have you been?"

~-~*-----*-----*~-~
User Image
~-~-~-~-~

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:26 pm
Cathryn O'Malley
Hogwarts Second-Year:
Ravenclaw

User Image

Cathryn, engrossed in her book, did not realized that someone had joined her until he plopped down on the seat next to her. Glancing up, she saw the friendly, blue-eyed face of Ethan. "Hi Ethan!" She said, a bit forced, although she was glad to see him. The last time they had seen each other, things hadn't gone so well, with him storming off. She wanted to make amends, but she couldn't see what she had done wrong. And, to face the facts, she had kind of been hoping it was Tay or Devin. "Yeah, I'm totally looking forward to this next year. We wont be the youngest in the school anymore!" She wanted to add more, but then Seren showed up.

"Hello, Seren!" Cat said to her best girl-friend and fellow Ravenclaw. "How was your summer? I didn't see you at the Nott's ball. Were you there and we totally missed each other?" Cat was glad that school was starting again. She hadn't realized how much she had missed all of her friends until she met them again. Yes, this would be a great year!

-Rowena-

-Maximus-

Age:12 | Relationship Status:Single | Injuries/Illnesses:None

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

kcbeach28

Original Dabbler

7,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:29 pm
User Image
Unsorted First Year
Zane took out his wand and started feeling the warm ebony handle.He couldn't wait to start his magic training.So he waved it around a bit not meaning to do anything. After about a second of that he placed it next to him and went back into his trunk.Pulling out a copy of Hogwarts a history and started reading. He found this book rather boring and put it back then started searching for a spell book to read.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:44 pm
Ethan King

User Image

User Image

Second Year Ravenclaw

User Image

Cathryn seemed just a tad uncomfortable with Ethan's presence, but Ethan was starting to become indifferent to what she thought of him. It was a positive flip-flop, he thought, from crushing on her to just being there. She certainly didn't feel the same way he had, so he would just be an accessory from now on. Perhaps he would even find someone who did like him. Anyway, as she answered his question he simply smiled, indicating that he'd heard her while not exactly reacting much.
Just then, Ethan saw a face that was slightly familiar to him. He'd met her, but only from being friends with Cat. Her name registered, however, and he was glad for the extra company. "Hullo, Seren," he spoke as friendly as he could. Perhaps he could befriend her, and the three could form a bit of a social group. "Have a nice summer?"
Now, Ethan was not a stupid boy. He learned from his mistakes and endured the consequences, and tried his best to apply knowledge he'd gained. Having been sorted into Ravenclaw, this knowledge was not lacking. Still, in his twelve short years of life, he'd never been quite prepared for the event that next took place. An owl, an ancient barn owl with quite a few feathers loose, appeared by the window. It carried in its beak a bright red envelope.
A howler. Ethan should have guessed. He'd recognized the owl as his father's, Hexley. He knew there would have been consequences for his disappearance last night, but here? In front of his peers? Ethan let the old owl in through the window, and plucked the envelope from it's beak. Hoping the girls wouldn't notice, he tossed it under his seat. It wasn't ten seconds before it shredded it's shell and floated up to greet Ethan. It began it's horrendous speech.

"ETHAN KING, YOU FOOL OF A CHILD. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU COULD BE SO IRRESPONSIBLE. STORMING OFF BY YOURSELF INTO THE FOREST IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT! I KNOW YOU WERE UPSET THAT CATHRYN DIDN'T RETURN YOUR FEELINGS, BUT THAT'S NO EXCUSE FOR DOING WHAT YOU DID."
The letter then turned to Cathryn, and smiled at her before shredding itself into a few hundred scraps.
Ethan sat, ears reddened, in sheer horror of the scene that had just taken place. When he finally regained movement, he clasped his hands to his face and ran from the compartment, continuing to run until he reached the lavatory. Once there, he shut and locked the door behind him, sitting down on the floor and pulling his knees to his chest. Not only had his parents publicly humiliated him, but now half the people on the train plus Cathryn knew that he'd liked her. He let out a sigh as he tried to block out the memory of what had just happened.

║▌│█│║▌║││█ ▌█ ▌█ ▌ ║▌│█│║

I am on the Hogwarts Express
with Cathryn and Seren
and I'm going to the lavatory to hide from my shame.

║▌│█│║▌║││█ ▌█ ▌█ ▌ ║▌│█│║

User Image
"Only a true dream
can catch my eye

and hold me down"

At the entry of another of her favorite people in the world, Charlotte smiled from ear to ear. There was no way one could deserve all this! Still, her surprise and joy didn't stop her from leaping up to hug Devin. "Devin!" She squeaked, "How have you been?" It wasn't long at all before they were joined by a slytherin girl, and Kat's smile grew. The more the merrier. The slytherin introduced herself as Annabelle, which Kat thought was a very nice name. She could instantly tell she liked this girl.
Or perhaps not. There were two things that Charlotte began to notice as their light chatter progressed. First, Jess seemed to grow fidgety with Devin in the compartment. It was a bit odd, but Kat wasn't too concerned. The two girls had all the time in the world to speak one-on-one. Secondly, Devin could not take his eyes off Annabelle. Though Devin had been much more of a friend to Charlotte than anything else, she couldn't help but feel that when he looked at the slytherin, studying her features and expressions, those gorgeous eyes should have been looking that way at her. It was a completely unreasonable thing to think, she thought, but she was quite a stranger to jealousy and was only just discovering its effects. As the light conversation continued, Kat grew more and more annoyed, and more and more red-faced. She kept quiet, however, for fear of upsetting either of her friends or their special guest.
Just then there was a commotion in a nearby compartment, and the sound of yelling penetrated the walls. There was a deal about some kid who'd run off or something because his crush didn't like him. Charlotte couldn't help but giggle, but felt bad when she heard a slam and footsteps running along the hallway. Still, she wasn't a negative person, so she joked, "Sounds like someone's gonna have to wear one of the castle's fine suits of armor for the next few weeks."

User Image

Age: 13 ❤ Relationship Status: Single ❤ Mood: Annoyed ❤ Location: Hogwarts Express

Thoughts: "Things are getting just too irritating in this compartment."

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:59 pm
User Image
яεġrετηστнιηġ ғεαяησ σηε ταkε prιdε ιηεvεяyτнιηġ
User Image
Colton took a seat across from Ronyo and completely ignored the comment about seating arrangements. Crossing his arms in front of his chest with a solid stone expression, he eyed the boy in front of him, whose head was adorned with a hat that suited him quite well. He had no idea where to begin, even if Ronyo did have a guess at where the source of his anger originated.

Taking his wand out with an absent mind and spinning in it his fingers, Colt racked his brain for a start to their conversations.
"In the hospital wing -" The Gryffindor began before cutting himself short. Shaking his head to show that he thought he could find a better use of words, he carefully began again. "Ronyo...how long have you and Phinelia been...you know - together? Don't worry, I'm not gonna punch your head off - although trust me, I had considered it. A whole summer to myself allowed me to put everything in perspective, however, and come to terms with what is...and what isn't ever going to be..." Colton's words trailed off into silence as he approached the end of his sentence, his hands shaking involuntarily. Dropping his murky gray eyes to the floor of the train, he added, "Please. I just need to know."

He tucked his wand back inside the waistband of his pants, just to be safe, then gripped the edge of the booth he was sitting on to hide his emerging anger. He had told himself, for the past couple of months, that he would be able to handle this moment calmly, but he was now beginning to have second thoughts.
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:09 pm
User Image
User Image

"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
User Image
Tristain nodded at the boy's comment, studying his expressions, words, and overall behavior as he spoke. Her dad had taught her how to read people in order to see beneath their shell, but it appeared to her that Jayden was as genuine as his features suggested.

A noticeable light touched the girl's eyes once it was her turn to speak.
"Gryffindor's a good choice. My brother's a Gryffindor - third year, and most of my mum's relatives were, as well. She, however, was placed in Ravenclaw house, and I'm pretty positive that I'll be following in her footsteps." Tristain's vision slowly began to fade into that same scene she had been imagining earlier - of her proudly wearing the sorting hat at tonight's ceremony.

User Image
"In seeking wisdom thou art wise; in imagining that thou hast attained it - thou art a fool."

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:49 pm
Jayden Michael Cloud

User Image

Mood: Happy
What I am doing: Talking to Tristain
What I want to be doing: Tristain

"That's cool. It sounds as if you have it all figured out. One thing, you should always expect the unexpected. That's why I will not be surprised if I am put in any of the four houses. I seriously think the sorting hat knows more about the person more than themself... But a Ravenclaw, you must be quite the intellect,' he complemented her, his green eyes still locked with her blues. She did seem like an intelligent girl, which maybe was the reason he was pulled to her. That couldn't be, it had to be something else. He will find out someday what it is, and it will probably be at the most inoppurtune time.

"But wait...what is your brother's name? Maybe my brother knows him," he asked and admitted to her. He knew she looked like a kid Colton that Devin had mentioned one night at the dinner table. He talked about how he and two others had a super trio of best friends. They were like the safety patrol for all 3rd years and under. He wondered if this was her brother because she partially fit the description of Colton.

King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 93 94 95 96 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff