Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Knockturn Alley
The Spiny Serpent [Closed ~ Not Hiring] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:07 am
Abigail Warstorm
Hogwarts Alumni: Hufflepuff
Wanderer

User Image

When she felt the grip on her arm, Abigail thought it was Mr. Nott. She turned around with a flirtatious smile on her face, only to find that the hand belonged to Kragg. The smile immediately dropped from her stunning features, turning her into something more deadly. She opened her mouth to tell him off and that what she was seeking was none of his business. She closed it as she felt the sharp wooden tip of a wand on her side. Apparently this man possessed more brains then she first thought he did. She paused, gathering her thoughts, trying to decide whether she should comply or not. He asked please, and she doubted if she resisted that anyone would come to her rescue. But, wait! Mr. Nott was inside that store. If any harm came to her, this would be a good test of his loyalty. And anyway she was no stranger to pain.

Finally, she came to a decision.

"No."

Age: 29 | Relationship Status: Single | Injuries/Illnesses: None

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:36 pm
Ura the rainbow King
User Image Zabraina walked in to the store, her eyes slightly craised. She did not look like a kind person in her morbid black dress and her devils heels. Her hair was down and her makeup black. She looked evil, then again she was. She ignored her disowned son other then to step on his foot, her eyes showng what she thought of that child. "Remington Nott. I do belive that I am in need of some ingredents. I told my elf to write ahead so you would have them ready..I trust they are?" She asked, her voice silky and covered in venom. She was known to kill her elfs and family that got in her way, she also scared most small children snd suduced most men.

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:20 pm
Deranged
Former Slytherin
& Dark Wizard

User Image

User Image

"Hmm... so you think I am a repulsive murderer...
Well, I guess you're right.
But, dearest, I can be so, so charming if I please..."

The man could faintly feel his fingers tightening around the slender arm of the blonde that stood before him. He didn't quite understand why anyone would be fool enough to say no to him. This girl either had a ton of guts or was just plain stupid. She just had to know what was in for her.
His anger now at a breaking point, Matt wondered if letting Keaton take over was wise. He decided it was not, for the young boy was threatening to return, giving Matt a massive headache. Another transformation would only make it easier for Desmond to come back.
It didn't take long for Matt to make his decision. He glanced into the girl's eyes with a cold expression. "Apparently you haven't heard of me," he hissed maliciously. "I don't take no for an answer."
There was a loud "CRACK!" and the two were gone. Matt had chosen a more private place to continue this little chat, and it was a place he knew well.

...my greatest desires, you say...

...well I would tell you, I really would...
...except that I have sworn to secrecy...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:48 pm
That's why I slipped out the back before you knew I was there
And I know the way I left wasn't fair

I didn't want to be around just to bring you down

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

”Ordinarily, the answer would be no… But… Considering the circumstances…” Remington mused, though his eyes of gold never left the shop doorway, and murky windows clouded with dust and rust. He waited, always expecting a silhouette, a flash of color or light, to show that both customers had disappeared, but he was met with only silence.

Remington withdrew his wand, twirled the wood around his knuckles like a baton as he meandered closer to the front of his shop, trying to peer through the grime of the windows in chance of spotting the figures of his thoughts. ”That door there,” Remington pointed with a thrust of his wand, which, coincidentally spurred the door to open. ”Leads to the backroom, nothing but tomes, scrolls, and books back there, I’m sure it will be more than accommodating. That door to the left leads outside, which, has a stairwell leading up to my loft upstairs if you need me…”

But through all of this, Remington couldn’t shake the feeling that something wicked had transpired, something wicked that he had not started. Once he was sure of the depth of the pit in his stomach, he surged across the room and burst through the door staring at the open empty alleyway of Knockturn Alley. ”s**t,” Remington had to curse… How could he have left Kragg with her?

What had he done?

That slip of parchment in his fingers that he had received from her was taken out, pulled apart at the seams to read the address of a home he’d be visiting much sooner than he had anticipated.

With a spin on his heel, Remington swirled around and returned within the dark dingy shroud of his establishment. The door creaked open and as he spun on his heel hoping to find the pretty young thing from before, but, he only noticed Zabraina.

”Of course, madam,” Remington remarked with a smirk on his lips, the threat of his mistake overshadowed by the carnal beast in front of him. ”I’m always ready for you.” He hinted with a smile as a wave of his wand was all that was needed to bring to light the magically enclosed chest as it hovered from the back room towards his desk. ”Already paid in full.” He mentioned, though, never bothered as to mention by whom. "I do hope that you find everything in order, if not, I'll be more than happy to accomdate any farther."

╔══════════════╗
Desires: Answers
╚══════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:37 pm
ŞĦÅΜŰŞ §ჳწჳ
Born into a Slytherin Family
User ImageShawn nodded, looking at the door, not overly interested on what was happening out side. He walked over to the door, opening it a second later, having felt his mother. Yes, he felt her presence. It was a survival skill. He saw tge woman and his eyes held hate, but also that slight, almost dead look of longing that most children held for their mothers. He may have been full grown and disowned, but she was still his mother.
He winched when she stepped on his foot, her silky voice making him close his eyes. His mother may have been evil, but her voice was just deadly. He was almost sustain that she was part succubus. Or vampire. She was just to scary and still sexy. He watched her back, seeing the walk that as a child he had tried to mimic. It looked to him as if his mother was dancing on water. He did not speak though. His mother would turn on him if he did.
Lived my life as a PROUD GRIFFIN!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:53 pm
User Image Zabraina purred, smiling in a crooked, almost inhuman way, her black lips shining. She leaned forward, her pale skin in sharp contrast with her black, lace clothes. "Ohh...some one payed again?" She asked, eyes shining in pleasure. She was well known to rarely pay for anything. She had to many dark and rich admires. She was mairred, but as long as it did not go public, no one cared. She took the box, her dark nails tapping the box. She looked onside, not worried about her ex-son seeing. She knew he would tell no one. She grinned, a deranged grin. "Oh yes...that is peeerfect dear Nott" She said, tapping his cheek, before spinning on her heels. "Oh, and Dear...?" She said. "Ready is a figurative term.." She then closed the door, hinting back.  

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:14 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
LOCATION: The Spiny Serpent MOOD: Indecisive OBJECTIVE: Job hunting

User Image

With suspicious eyes, Hunter pushed open the heavy wooden door and slipped into the open shop. He hadn't been inside for far too many years, for nothing seemed familiar. What caught his immediate attention was not the shelved walls lined with artifacts, nor the oak wood desk, but the sheer amount of activity. He had assumed he'd be entering a rather empty room filled with an eventual, random customer - but what he saw pleased him.

The room seethed with malevolence, even the atmosphere had an air of darkness about it. Perhaps that man in the alley who had suggested this line of work understood his inquiry better than he had assumed, and maybe this job - if it was still available - would entail less legitimacy than he had originally thought.

The man behind the desk stood out as the head figure, and being that the sign had referred to a Remington, he connected the two. However, the man looked busy, and well-stocked with employees, too. With a disappointed sigh as he realized his help probably wasn't wanted after all, he lingered along a shelf of cursed objects, pretending to be impressed as he waited for an opportunity to impose.

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:41 pm
ŞĦÅΜŰŞ §ჳწჳ
User ImageShawn could feel it. The man who had just walked in was after his job. He almost growled for a second, before he remebered his mannors. He was raised to be polite...and deeply decetful. The way he felt was that if he lost this job, he could die. His clothes proved that he was in the dumps. However, that did not mean that he was going to be rude. He did not see the point. His boss maybe able to use another helper However, he was willing to fight to the death for this job. He had no other options. "Greetings...how may I help you?" He asked, knowing his boss was busy for the momment and the man would just cut him off if he wanted. Mr. Nott knew that he had no where to go.

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:41 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
LOCATION: The Spiny Serpent MOOD: Competitive OBJECTIVE: Find the right job

User Image

It took Hunter a moment to realize that one of wizards standing near the oak desk - someone other than the man he was seeking - had addressed him. Straightening his posture as he faced the stranger, he held out a firm hand to shake as he introduced himself. "Hunter Garren - I'm here to speak with a Mr. Remington." He inquired professionally, not mentioning the fact that he was hoping for a job, simply because of the rigid demeanor held by the man in front of him.

Naturally, competition was inevitable in the business industry, and though Hunter couldn't guarantee that was the meaning behind the man's stern look, he sensed the feeling immediately. Of course Hunter hadn't been attached to any one job, but The Spiny Serpent was certainly his first choice - especially if his initial assumptions of the dark shop had been correct. If all else failed, he would simply have to start his own underground business to satisfy both his desires and needs. However, a little healthy competition couldn't hurt.

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:07 pm
Ura the rainbow King
ŞĦÅΜŰŞ §ჳწჳ
User ImageShawn shook the mans had. His own had was bone thin and filthy. As was the smell of him how ever, he did not smell bad, just musty and mossy. His look held power though and that could not be ignored. "I can help you until he is done" He ventured.

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:04 am

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

”That will not be necessary, Shawn.” Remington depicted the art of his craft with uncanny awareness, eyes of putrid glittering gold and green infused under thin wavering slits, a heavy brow to shroud his features in the endless shadows of his shop, sharp and pointed features like a fox, snooping where his thin lips, chiseled jaw, and five o’ clock shadow shouldn’t be snooping. But none of this could attest to the sheer and daunting veneer that clung to the carcass of his bones like a rotten and withering spindle of flesh woven from the silk of the spiders that called him home. He tread, sliding over wood like air on water, restlessly swaying with the purpose of the darkness that could chill hearts to the touch, and, the never ending sweeping lull of his growl that could travel the atmosphere like poison, and curl close to his pursuit, like hot breath trickling down the neck.

As he ascended from the large wooden mahogany desk, a letter in tow, he proceeded towards the men who stood, static coursing between one another. ”Take this down to Moribund’s, see to it that this letter only falls into the hand of Lady Chord, and no one else. She’ll find you before you could ever find her, and you’ll know it’s her when you can’t see her eyes.” Remington instructed Shawn, and, failed to even acknowledge the man who stood like an elephant in the room, until, of course, Shawn Sever had finally disappeared behind the screech of the opened and now closed door. The letter, though askew, enclosed his deepest concerns, his, unending search for a truth he might expose, indulge, or enjoy. He knew, he knew if he would find it first, he would have the better chance to win this vicious cycle of mouse and cat. But, he would need her help, and, her help always came with a price.

Those penetrative eyes of his saw more than death itself could revel in, but even he had to have his sources. ”Mister Garren, I presume?” Remington seemed more than delighted to accuse, that iconic twinkle in his eye that meant he knew more than any man should. ”How may I be of assistance?”

Quote:

Chord,
The Medicine Man hath strung his heart,

Gold fields of wheat and rye. Hung, and dry.

Who am I? Who am I?

And, how much am I?

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:46 am
User Image
User Image

User Image
LOCATION: The Spiny Serpent MOOD: Satisfied OBJECTIVE: Win Remington over

User Image

The narrow slits of Hunter's dark eyes narrowed even further when the man before him skipped his half of the introduction and forced his help upon him. To be honest, the feel of the cold hand shake - like a transfer of understanding between the two, understanding that they were still not acquaintances - lingered longer than he had expected.

The man didn't know how to play the game. He didn't offer that false facade that Hunter had worn, the one that portrays one's willingness to cope with any words in any situation. The one that reveals how far one is willing to go to get what he wants. Only that seething expression with the delicate little sneer could be worn by someone willing to hide their hatred and any immediate reaction to a bad impression, yet still willing to let the witness see that face - know that face - and simply be intimidated by the fact that all was not as it appeared to be. In other words, shaking Hunter's hand but not going through the customary motions were a pair of cards poorly well-played.

The man's full, scarred lips peeled into a smirk as he spotted, from his peripherals, the approach of the very man he had been seeking. Ignoring the middle-man's reaction, Hunter took a polite step back to allow for a more private exchange of business between employer and employee. Judging by the task Remington had handed the long-haired man - he was right. This job would be far more than he had expected and exactly what he had dreamed.

When ungreased hinges finalized the other man's departure, Hunter exhaled and pivoted his body towards Remington, hands back in the pockets of his freshly-ironed slacks. Before his vocal chords could utter so much as a hello, the heavy presence addressed him by his name. Hesitating only a fraction of a second, and hoping it had gone unnoticed, Hunter brushed it off as eavesdropping and made his move.

"It's such a pleasure to finally meet the fabled Remington." He began with the hint of a smile, taking in the image of a man who knew more than he should. "I've come to inquire about a possible position with you." Hunter tread slowly, his voice still strong and unfaltering. He chose his words with care, ensuring not to pinpoint exactly what type of job he was hoping for, a means of allowing the man to understand his true agenda, one that people don't simply apply for. "I assure you I have all of the qualifications you are seeking...and some. Enough experience to make scruffy back there look like an eight-year-old boy, and the talent required to accomplish any task you desire. Even if it is simply delivering a letter to Lady Chord." Hunter winked alongside his last comment, sure that Remington would understand the meaning behind it.

Pulling one hand from his pocket and rubbing its rough side against his prickly chin line, then north to outline the deep scar on his left cheek, he let the man take from it what he would. Hunter was covered with scars, from beatings, to duels, to sheer fist fights - he had endured pain. This scar, however, said much more than the others. It symbolized his greatest accomplishment, which despite taking place on the same day he graduated from Hogwarts, had nothing to do with balloons and feasts. It represented being released from the chains that had bound him for so long, and the iron fist that had ruled him since childhood. But more than anything, it was his award for vengeance.

User Image

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:55 pm

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

An iconic smirk bled on his lips, tainted with the twisted humor that he had just led the boy down into a cave of spiders, teeming with webs and fangs and evermore talons to seize its prey. Truth be told, his only true desire for such a bland errand had been to see how the boy would cope with such a colorful source, as was the case for many of those he intermingled with. The entangling threads woven of deceit and poison collected upon ivory features flush pale from the drowning moon.

Remington’s malicious eyes veered in turn to meet Hunter Garren, a man he’s stumbled upon several times in his life, though, he doubted the man in question would ever recollect; he had a way of being forgotten. The forlorn stance of the nobleman, burdened by the threatening ties of pureblood and aristocracy heavily weighed him down, creasing their wear into his features as he studied the man before him before lost to the thoughts of the undertow. His arms spread wide at both sides, and that, infamous haughty grin curled death at his lips, and he, callously wearing his puzzling scripture of woven facts and mislead truths as armor. ”And should there ever be the need for me, I will arise.” He disclosed with that evermore grin.

”Burning tapestries, vigil portraits, riddled and smirched with fact or folly… Such is the case in a position like this… Men seek truths, answers they need not know… Women seek the answers they’ll never find otherwise,

“And I… I count my blessings with every tapestry, and every portrait.

“If walls could speak, do you think they’d lie?”
Remington paused with this, the innate moment of understanding that, if riddles and puzzles were too much, too distasteful, too maliciously devious to be dealt, than it was clear, his line of work would have no use for the man that stood opposite him. A brow had risen, one whose answer breathed only more questions, and, without much thought, or warning, or guidance, the heel of Remington’s pristinely polished dragon hide boots activated the trip step magically infused within the building, and, would disappear behind them without a trace. The floor boards gave way in the heart of the room, and beneath all of the artifacts and scriptures a spiral staircase lead down to a floor below that was not known to most. Though the stairs had been riddled with cobwebs and dust, filthy from the grit and grime glory of the shop above head, it had breathed life into a new world, all its own.

Like a depicted movie fabled out of the roaring twenties, the underground room had been lavishly restored, with antique pieces exclusively imported from New Orleans, New York City, and Atlantic City, from the United States. Rich hues of scarlet and plum decorated the rich ambiance of the vicinity. More people flocked to the scene than ever would have been imaginable, each of the fabulously garbed patrons had been drowning under their own vice and virtues, but, each and every one of them had been able to pause to offer the luxurious smile and wave of greeting. Tobacco smoke and exuberating scent of finely aged liquor feverishly roared the room into a spitfire round of accusations, dirty looks, and suggestive flirtation. He then turned to Hunter, that knowing smile on his face as he waited for the first question to leave the scarred lips of the man, wondering, what the question would be.

╔══════════════╗
Location: Spiny Serpent- Undergound Gambling Ring with Hunter
╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:20 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
LOCATION: Beneath the Spiny Serpent MOOD: Highly satisfied OBJECTIVE: A guarantee

User Image

With eager ears and a face filled with curiosity, Hunter swallowed every one of Remington's words, his entertained grin growing wider with every taste. He enjoyed this man's outlook, and was it not true that it was answers he himself was now seeking? Before Hunter could answer back in his own labyrinth of puzzling words, the slightest movement from Remington seemed to trigger a sudden collapse in the floor. His eyes grew wide with surprise for only a moment before returning to their usual vigor. Should he be surprised over a room that piqued his every interest, hidden beneath the main floor of a business that he had been secretly begging would harbor deeper and darker secrets than any eyes could first presume?

With a wink of his dark eye, like black ink boldly blotted against a contrast of parchment, he answered,
"The truth is in the tapestry, is it not Mr. Nott?" While his voice was intoxicating and mysterious, his face harbored an expression of extreme satisfaction as he relished in his surroundings. Hunter turned back to face a man with a fast-growing reputation. "I'm not gonna lie, my first impression had me wondering if I had come to the right place. At first glance, this was seemingly an abode fit for more than peasants and squalor, but not much more than knights and valor... But you...you, Remington, seem to carry a certain hidden monarchical royalty - your rule is hidden to most, because you allow only the best to kneel to your reign... But I think we both know that, like a mask, first glances are made to deceive."

Swiveling on his heel with a silent sort of grace, Hunter descended only a few of the staircase's mysterious steps, feeling lured into the dizzying atmosphere below. Bringing his shiny black dress shoes to a slowed halt, he inhaled all of the seductive aspects of the room like a quick dose of euphoria, a shot of adrenaline. "So when do I start?" He inquired with his back to Remington, one of his hands scratching the back of his head casually. Though the man behind him couldn't see it, he was sure it had been heard in his voice - the copious smile that was plastered on the man's harshly beaten, yet considerably soft features. Of course he shouldn't look at the man's invitation as a job offer, but he hoped his cocky sense of self-confidence would lock him in for a permanent position.

User Image

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Knockturn Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out