Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Rejected Olympics - PAINTBALLZ!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:01 pm
Ned-san
Kyuui Kiwi

Maybe thats why I'm still getting hit a lot. I was surprised how many times people hit me as a frog.

No 20 yet?

Not yet, and now it's getting worse and worse. Fewer and fewer targets, and more and more Durem members crowding the screen and lagging it out. I guess all the other teams have gotten their scores, so now it's just Durem who's desperate to try and get their scores up... which makes it progressively worse for them.

Wow, thats so true. I just went into a game with all Durem except 2-4 people.... emotion_facepalm  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:09 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

Wow, thats so true. I just went into a game with all Durem except 2-4 people.... emotion_facepalm

Yeah, and the lag is also really killing the game. Even on Barton's team I can't score because over half my time is spent waiting for the invulnerability to wear off before my first hit even registers, then the last half left of my time is so laggy that I can only register a few hits before time runs out. Even though I'm surrounded by targets and have clicked on every single one of them... I'm still on 18 with this account, though I haven't tried as much as for Durem of course.

Aekea and Gambino have such an advantage though, that even with lag they still get their 20s consistently.  

Hexatus Aquatica

Olympic Champion

1,500 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:11 pm
Hexatus Aquatica
Yeah, and the lag is also really killing the game. Even on Barton's team I can't score because over half my time is spent waiting for the invulnerability to wear off before my first hit even registers, then the last half left of my time is so laggy that I can only register a few hits before time runs out. Even though I'm surrounded by targets and have clicked on every single one of them...

Aekea and Gambino have such an advantage though, that even with lag they still get their 20s consistently.

Haha, ended up in an empty room all by myself. Twice. xD.

Just went on Barton to see how well I'd do. Its almost as bad =/. About to hop on Gambino and see how well it goes. If this lag would just stop life would be so much easier.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:15 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

Haha, ended up in an empty room all by myself. Twice. xD.

Just went on Barton to see how well I'd do. Its almost as bad =/. About to hop on Gambino and see how well it goes. If this lag would just stop life would be so much easier.

There's actually quite a lot of Barton players. Not as much as Durem, but definitely next down the ladder. Aekea and Gambino are a breeze, lol. Got 20's on those accounts first try.

If the lag would quit, then it would certainly be so much better.

Or they could extend the time period to account for the lag. I mean, if the game will only register 5 hits max due to the time it takes the server to process them in 30 seconds, then that's not exactly fair now is it?  

Hexatus Aquatica

Olympic Champion

1,500 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:08 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

I can't find any games with more than that anymore. It's not that the game is bad, it's just that it's named wrong. Instead of Paintsplat, it should be called "Where's Waldo?". The game where you try to find a member of Barton, Aekea, or Gambino amongst the sea of Durem.

They need to do one of two things - 1) allow people to get hit more than once, or 2) allow you to hit members of any team.

Otherwise, a 20 is literally impossible for anyone on Durem's team.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:20 pm
Ugh, this lag is ridiculous. Sometimes my very first move doesn't even register until there's 2 seconds left in the clock. xp  

Hexatus Aquatica

Olympic Champion

1,500 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:07 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

Not sure if it means anything, but it normally registers my hit better when I walk towards a person. Maybe you have to be facing them?

I think I found out why this is. Apparently the paintballs move in a straight line and can't go OVER people. So if somebody is standing in your way (either your own team member - *ahem*, Durem! - or somebody you've already hit), then it'll hit them instead of your target. That's why you need to move around to change your angle of attack or get in close. Now if only the lag wasn't so bad that you can't move and shoot within 5 seconds of each other, lol.

That's why if there's a few Bartonites standing in the middle of a field of Duremites, us Duremites can't hit a single thing. Our team members need to move out of the damn spawn area! Most of the times I don't even know there are other teams there until the Durem guys run out of time and disappear.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:35 pm
Looks like they solved the major lag problem! They've increased the timer to 60 seconds (1 minute), and now you actually have time to move around, plus your character is so much more responsive as well.

It's still a fail for Durem as I can now clear the entire screen of all non-Durem players easily, but I still can't get more than 8 or 10 points before there's nobody left to hit. However... the game is SO much funner irregardless. lol.

Getting 20 for Barton is easy now, as the lag was the only thing holding me back there.  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:36 pm
Ned-san
Kyuui Kiwi

Not sure if it means anything, but it normally registers my hit better when I walk towards a person. Maybe you have to be facing them?

I think I found out why this is. Apparently the paintballs move in a straight line and can't go OVER people. So if somebody is standing in your way (either your own team member - *ahem*, Durem! - or somebody you've already hit), then it'll hit them instead of your target. That's why you need to move around to change your angle of attack or get in close. Now if only the lag wasn't so bad that you can't move and shoot within 5 seconds of each other, lol.

That's why if there's a few Bartonites standing in the middle of a field of Duremites, us Duremites can't hit a single thing. Our team members need to move out of the damn spawn area! Most of the times I don't even know there are other teams there until the Durem guys run out of time and disappear.

Thats like the best moment of the game. The moment where most duremites disappear and you probably have like 3 seconds to shoot like mad before you get kicked out too. 4laugh
Did the game get any better yet? About to jump in.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:38 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

Thats like the best moment of the game. The moment where most duremites disappear and you probably have like 3 seconds to shoot like mad before you get kicked out too. 4laugh
Did the game get any better yet? About to jump in.

Yup, much better. But you've probably read my next post by now. xD Still stacked against Durem, but much better to play and could now be possible for Durem if a bunch of teams got together and went in together.

Oh, and you'll notice they turned off the music now... I guess that was important to remove the lag. wink  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:41 pm
Ned-san

Yup, much better. But you've probably read my next post by now. xD Still stacked against Durem, but much better to play and could now be possible for Durem if a bunch of teams got together and went in together.

Oh, and you'll notice they turned off the music now... I guess that was important to remove the lag. wink

Yus I saw the timer difference. Got a 20 on Gambino just now. Now to see if I can get it on Barton and of course, Durem.

Noticed the quietness for a bit, before all the gunshots came in an all xp  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:49 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

Yus I saw the timer difference. Got a 20 on Gambino just now. Now to see if I can get it on Barton and of course, Durem.

Yeah, the gunshots are how you know you didn't just turn the volume off on your computer, lol.

I wish they would always leave the volume like that! The two problems with towns has always been 1) the lag, and 2) the music. Who knew they could both be solved together, lol?  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:03 pm
Ned-san
Kyuui Kiwi

Yeah, the gunshots are how you know you didn't just turn the volume off on your computer, lol.

I wish they would always leave the volume like that! The two problems with towns has always been 1) the lag, and 2) the music. Who knew they could both be solved together, lol?

Got the 20 on them all whee  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:11 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

Even Durem, or all the rest?

I have 20 on everybody but Durem right now. xD Durem's still at 15, and I've only gotten half of that since the change, I assume because now it's easier for everyone else so they've stopped playing, limiting our targets even more, lol. Or else they're spreading us out more to reduce the lag...

I just did a small test though, and it worked... I know how we can get a 20 on Durem characters if we all get together with all our non-Durem mules, lol. You can bring mules into the game if you use the direct link of http://gaiaonline.com/launch/towns2/ instead of using the Play Now button in each window. That will allow you to open a separate instance of the towns. I just did this with Hexatus, and I was able to bring her into the game and hit her with Ned-san. If it works for one, it'll work for all... I have 4 accounts which are not Durem playing in the Olympics. That's 8 points for each Durem member.  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:18 pm
Ned-san
Kyuui Kiwi

Even Durem, or all the rest?

I have 20 on everybody but Durem right now. xD Durem's still at 15, and I've only gotten half of that since the change, I assume because now it's easier for everyone else so they've stopped playing, limiting our targets even more, lol. Or else they're spreading us out more to reduce the lag...

I just did a small test though, and it worked... I know how we can get a 20 on Durem characters if we all get together with all our non-Durem mules, lol. You can bring mules into the game if you use the direct link of http://gaiaonline.com/launch/towns2/ instead of using the Play Now button in each window. That will allow you to open a separate instance of the towns. I just did this with Hexatus, and I was able to bring her into the game and hit her with Ned-san. If it works for one, it'll work for all... I have 4 accounts which are not Durem playing in the Olympics. That's 8 points for each Durem member.

Got it on durem too emotion_awesome

But I can bring in my mules to help you get a 20 with your method. Not exactly sure what you mean by it though. As long as I use the link I'll be on the same layer as you and my other mules?  
☆ Word Games

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff