Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Shop Owner Basics and Information (Must Read) (DA) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:19 pm
Hello, my name is Mirzam Owens

I would like to work at Madam Malkins

The things I love about this shop are I get to do one of the things I enjoy doing which was sewing, I got people to talk to, The shop was busy at Summer (which was something I like), Wonderful fabrics, also I like fashion

The things I don't like about this shop are getting fidgety children to measure, getting the pressure from customer who expect something from us, the fact that this shop was dead right after September, when people just come to browse, when people just put a stack of coins and expected me to do my math, finicky customer who think they know better about fashion

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I sew as a hobby, and I like salads

Cara Miakitty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:36 pm
Jade Galaksylph
Hello, my name is Mirzam Owens

I would like to work at Madam Malkins

The things I love about this shop are I get to do one of the things I enjoy doing which was sewing, I got people to talk to, The shop was busy at Summer (which was something I like), Wonderful fabrics, also I like fashion

The things I don't like about this shop are getting fidgety children to measure, getting the pressure from customer who expect something from us, the fact that this shop was dead right after September, when people just come to browse, when people just put a stack of coins and expected me to do my math, finicky customer who think they know better about fashion

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I sew as a hobby, and I like salads

Cara Miakitty

Hired!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:00 am
Hello, my name is Rubin Eide)

I would like to purchase J Pippins Potions

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I was looking for another job aside from being a Journalist as well as a new home where I can look out for my kids, and then my brother highly suggested that I should run a potions shop. And well, I do love potions and the healing field so I thought buying a shop selling potions and maybe herbs that are like pharmacies or something could fit almost perfectly. So yeah, I bought it, I managed it, and it's cool. Simple as that.

The things I love about this shop are
+ There's a flat upstairs, hence I can look after my kids much easier.
+ It's a Potion Shop. I like Potions. Obviously.
+ I get to help people out because you know, you sell potions that can cure ailments.
+ When the business is slow, I could always just rest by going upstairs. It's awesome.
+ I get to make my own schedule and could adjust it anytime. Nice.

The things I despise about this shop are
- Some disgusting ingredients, like dragon hearts and stuff... I mean, I like potionmaking but still...
- People who think they know more about herbology and potions than the potioneer.
- Well... not that I despise it but, my daughter Drew sometimes sneaks in to my workplace and puts some stuff that shouldn't be here for experimentation.
- When you're out of stock and that one customer really needs that said potions. Sheesh, that is a hotseat.
- When the ingredients delivered are of low quality... I hate it when it happens.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I'm a journalist, too.

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:54 pm
Jade Galaksylph
Hello, my name is Rubin Eide)

I would like to purchase J Pippins Potions

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I was looking for another job aside from being a Journalist as well as a new home where I can look out for my kids, and then my brother highly suggested that I should run a potions shop. And well, I do love potions and the healing field so I thought buying a shop selling potions and maybe herbs that are like pharmacies or something could fit almost perfectly. So yeah, I bought it, I managed it, and it's cool. Simple as that.

+ There's a flat upstairs, hence I can look after my kids much easier.
+ It's a Potion Shop. I like Potions. Obviously.
+ I get to help people out because you know, you sell potions that can cure ailments.
+ When the business is slow, I could always just rest by going upstairs. It's awesome.
+ I get to make my own schedule and could adjust it anytime. Nice.

- Some disgusting ingredients, like dragon hearts and stuff... I mean, I like potionmaking but still...
- People who think they know more about herbology and potions than the potioneer.
- Well... not that I despise it but, my daughter Drew sometimes sneaks in to my workplace and puts some stuff that shouldn't be here for experimentation.
- When you're out of stock and that one customer really needs that said potions. Sheesh, that is a hotseat.
- When the ingredients delivered are of low quality... I hate it when it happens.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I'm a journalist, too.

Diamond Wales

Accepted!  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:02 pm
Hello, my name is Seymour Benjamin Ryans
I would like to purchase Shutterbutton's Photography Studio

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I saw this empty shop over a vacation when I was back home that was pretty close to Mum's shop. It was instant love. To get it I blackmailed the Devil (Wendy Chaisty) and sold my soul to get a loan from Gringnots for the rest of it. I've fixed this vacant place up pretty good, though.

The things I love about this shop are the fact I get to sell cameras, take pictures, and develop photographs all while in the back dark room when I have time work on inventing new photographic development spells.

The things I despise about this shop are Developing photos that I can't erase from my mind (seriously if you take n***s and are 300 pounds you need to learn to develop your own photos or warn someone) and opening the shop before noon.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! There is a two bedroom flat above my shop that I live in with my best friend right now.

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:00 am
mc2
Hello, my name is Seymour Benjamin Ryans
I would like to purchase Shutterbutton's Photography Studio

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I saw this empty shop over a vacation when I was back home that was pretty close to Mum's shop. It was instant love. To get it I blackmailed the Devil (Wendy Chaisty) and sold my soul to get a loan from Gringnots for the rest of it. I've fixed this vacant place up pretty good, though.

The things I love about this shop are the fact I get to sell cameras, take pictures, and develop photographs all while in the back dark room when I have time work on inventing new photographic development spells.

The things I despise about this shop are Developing photos that I can't erase from my mind (seriously if you take n***s and are 300 pounds you need to learn to develop your own photos or warn someone) and opening the shop before noon.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! There is a two bedroom flat above my shop that I live in with my best friend right now.

Diamond Wales

Accepted!  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:17 pm
EmrysStorm
Hello, my name is Rory Bolan

I would like to work at Lilting Lyre

The things I love about this shop are That I'm around music all day, that my boss is totally understanding about sorta everything, that I'm able to give lessons and get money for that, that I get a discount on my music stuff (which is freakin' awesome), and the feeling that my contributions are valid.

The things I despise about this shop are When people come and put their sticky fingers on evveerrryyytthiinggg, when people come in and don't buy anything, when people come in and ask over a hundred questions about something and still don't buy anything, inventory days, closing the shop.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! (I'msorryittookmesolongtoapplydon'tkillme:'DD)

Yukina101

Hired!  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 10:03 pm
Hello, my name is Tyler Macclellan.

I would like to work at The Lilting Lyre, as a music instructor.

The things I love about this shop are:
- the boss lady is pretty cool, and one of my close friends.
- there's always something going on, whether it be music lessons to sales to friendly visits.
- I won't have to travel as much to provide my music lessons.
- having a set work schedule so I can make more time to spend with my family.
- discounts on music supplies, not that I didn't get one before.

The things I despise about this shop are:
- difficult customers.
- customers that can't seem to decide what they want.
- when people touch everything in sight and mess up the displays.
- screaming children that don't want to be in the shop with their parents who don't seem to do anything to correct their children's behavior.
- unexpected late shifts to finish up projects or any other things.
Yukina_101

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:38 am
The Shiny Furret
Hello, my name is Tyler Macclellan.

I would like to work at The Lilting Lyre, as a music instructor.

- the boss lady is pretty cool, and one of my close friends.
- there's always something going on, whether it be music lessons to sales to friendly visits.
- I won't have to travel as much to provide my music lessons.
- having a set work schedule so I can make more time to spend with my family.
- discounts on music supplies, not that I didn't get one before.

- difficult customers.
- customers that can't seem to decide what they want.
- when people touch everything in sight and mess up the displays.
- screaming children that don't want to be in the shop with their parents who don't seem to do anything to correct their children's behavior.
- unexpected late shifts to finish up projects or any other things.
Yukina_101

Hired!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:43 am
Hello, my name is Victoria Renae Macclellan.

I would like to work at Madam Malkins.

- creating new styles and types of clothes.
- working with the other employees.
- making the perfect robes for Hogwarts students.
- learning all I can from Fiona about fashion and design.
- my crush lives in the flat upstairs, so that's a plus.

- snippy people who go looking for mistakes in the clothes we make.
- when customers pay with large amounts of money so I have to make difficult change.
- working on my feet all day.
- stabbing my fingers with needles.
- my crush lives upstairs, so I always have a distraction around.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! After two years of internship, I'm excited to move up to apprenticeship.

Cara MiaKitty

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:31 pm
The Shiny Furret
Hello, my name is Victoria Renae Macclellan.

I would like to work at Madam Malkins.

- creating new styles and types of clothes.
- working with the other employees.
- making the perfect robes for Hogwarts students.
- learning all I can from Fiona about fashion and design.
- my crush lives in the flat upstairs, so that's a plus.

- snippy people who go looking for mistakes in the clothes we make.
- when customers pay with large amounts of money so I have to make difficult change.
- working on my feet all day.
- stabbing my fingers with needles.
- my crush lives upstairs, so I always have a distraction around.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! After two years of internship, I'm excited to move up to apprenticeship.

Cara MiaKitty

Hired!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:26 pm
Hello, my name is Matilda Collins

I would like to purchase the flower vendor, now called Thistle Do Nicely

How did I come to get this shop? Well... the flower vendor was unoccupied and, wanting a florist shop in Diagon Alley, I purchased it using money I'd saved up over the years.

The things I love about this shop are flower arranging, talking to people, seeing people smile, problem solving, and the smell of flowers.

The things I despise about this shop are being outside all the time, being out in the cold, slow business days, losing flowers, and having to "reduce stock".

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! The flowers are grown in a greenhouse in my grandfather's back yard.

Diamond Wales

Summer II

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:22 pm
Summer II
Hello, my name is Matilda Collins

I would like to purchase the flower vendor, now called Thistle Do Nicely

How did I come to get this shop? Well... the flower vendor was unoccupied and, wanting a florist shop in Diagon Alley, I purchased it using money I'd saved up over the years.

The things I love about this shop are flower arranging, talking to people, seeing people smile, problem solving, and the smell of flowers.

The things I despise about this shop are being outside all the time, being out in the cold, slow business days, losing flowers, and having to "reduce stock".

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! The flowers are grown in a greenhouse in my grandfather's back yard.

Diamond Wales

Accepted!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:06 pm
Hello, my name is Avian Lovette

I would like to work at The Lilting Lyre

- Music. Period.
- Tutoring music lovers
- Nice staff I guess
- The fact that it's something that I love
- Figuring out some new guitar designs
- The fact that there's this kid named Chance who hangs out here sometimes. Cool kid.

- Some delivery guys sent us some defected instruments. A disappointment.
- The fact that I had to tutor snobbish kids from rich families
- Late-minute customers
- Picky-arse customers
- Those noisy hyperactive children who are running over our instruments

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I am also applying to be a Piano and Guitar tutor and an Artisan Apprentice.

Yukina101

Lilting Lyre Shop App under spoiler

Name: Avian Lovette
Which instruments can you play?: Guitar and Piano
Any previous experience?: Music Club Captain
Why should you be hired here?: Because I like music and earning money for something I actually like is something I never thought I should achieve
Anything else I should know?: Uhm... I'm also considering being an Artisan as well?

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers