Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Wool's Orphanage Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:55 pm
Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains within the sound of silence
User Image
User Image

ᴜɴᴇᴍᴘʟᴏʏᴇᴅ ᴅʀɪꜰᴛᴇʀ ꜱʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ ᴀʟᴜᴍ

Thane rolled his eye up to the ceiling in slight exasperation while Kalin just chuckled as Brendan tried to prove how knowledgeable he was at counting. There was absolutely nothing cute about mediocrity, though he would congratulate the kid for knowing as many numbers as he did, even if they were in a totally wrong sequence. "You thought wrong, but at least you're thinking. I'm betting you know more numbers than a lot of other three year olds." he said with a small shrug while his partner gave him another of those doe-eyed happy smiles that made the tips of his ears turn pink. He didn't laugh but he did give an amused smirk at the faces the little boy pulled while he was pulling back his hair and only shrugged uncomfortably when he was thanked. It wasn't such a big deal. He did however snicker at Kalin's wide eye'd look as the kid jumped off the settee and onto the floor. It quickly choked up as his hand was grabbed so he could follow along in a line towards the kitchen. Kalin caught his look and gave him a grin in response while he just silently scoffed. He wasn't going soft just because he wasn't being mean to the kid, he just wasn't that low of a jerk to be a d**k to a toddler. "So, what snack are we making?" Thane asked looking around the kitchen noting some differences. The sink wasn't dripping anymore, that was nice. "I was thinking since Brennie brought up chocolate last week, that we could have some nutella toasties." Thane perked up at the sound of nutella having a small weakness for the chocolatey hazelnut confection and didn't even hesitate when he was instructed to help Brendan toast the bread while Kalin got the plates and spread. He found the toaster and it took him a few minutes, mainly with the toddler's help, to find where the bread was kept and after a pointed look from his boyfriend, he settled a chair beside him right in front of the toaster to help the little boy place the bread into the two slots. "Watch your fingers, we don't want toasty fingers remember?" he murmured to the boy watching him diligently.

Miss GryffindorK

In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
'Neath the halo of a street lamp
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:23 pm
User ImageUser Image
𝓐𝓰𝒆 𝓣𝓱𝓻𝒆𝒆ℱ𝓾𝓽𝓾𝓻𝒆 ℋ𝓸𝓰𝔀𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓼 𝓢𝓽𝓾𝓭𝒆𝓷𝓽𝓟𝓾𝓻𝒆𝓫𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓞𝓻𝓹𝓱𝓪𝓷

Brendan pondered his numbers when Thane said he was wrong, but still thinking. Honestly, he didn't know where his numbers went wrong! Well, other than that three apparently went before four. He chuckled at the adults, thinking they were being silly. Surely other three year olds knew all their numbers! Heck, he knew all the way to twelve! "Maybe you can teach me all the numbers in order, and I can teach you how to read my favorite book! I's Horton!" He giggled, pointing at the book on the table by the chair. When Kalin and Thane started making happy faces at each other, Brennie joined in, offering a giant smile. After they formed a choo-choo train, Kalin led the trio to the kitchen. The toddler was happy to have a friend in each hand, but he also kinda had to itch his nose. When they made it to the kitchen, Thane asked what snack they were going to make, and Kalin said something called 'noot-ella toastees'. He grinned, excited for chocolate anything. Thane seemed excited, so the boy assumed it had to be the very best snack ever. When Kalin told him to work with Thane to toast up the bread, Brennie hurried to the cabinet to point at the bread box. Thane got the bread and got out the toaster, and climbed up a chair to help make crunchy bread. He dropped the bread in, listening to Thane's warning. "No toasty fingers, got it! But how do we get the bread out? It will be hot! Will we let a grown-up get 'em? Oh... that's you, silly me!" He giggled, carefully pushing down the toaster button.

Yukina101

Sᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʏᴇᴀʀs ᴡᴇɴᴛ ʙʏ, I sᴛᴀʏᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ
Bᴜᴛ sʜᴇ ʙᴇɢᴀɴ ᴛᴏ ᴅʀɪғᴛ ᴀᴡᴀʏ, I ᴡᴀs ʟᴇғᴛ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ
Sᴛɪʟʟ I ᴡᴀɪᴛᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ, ᴡʜᴇɴ sʜᴇ’ᴅ sᴀʏ "I ᴡɪʟʟ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ."
Lᴏɴᴇʟʏ ᴀɴᴅ ғᴏʀɢᴏᴛᴛᴇɴ, ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ sʜᴇ’ᴅ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ,
Aɴᴅ sʜᴇ sᴍɪʟᴇᴅ ᴀᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴇʟᴅ ᴍᴇ, ᴊᴜsᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ sʜᴇ ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ,

ℒ𝓲𝓴𝒆 𝓼𝓱𝒆 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝒆𝓭 𝓶𝒆, 𝔀𝓱𝒆𝓷 𝓼𝓱𝒆 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝒆𝓭 𝓶𝒆

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:54 pm
Woke up this morning
Heard the TV sayin' something
'Bout disaster in the world and
It made me wonder where I'm going
There's so much darkness in the world
But I see beauty left in you
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
²¹ ʸᵉᵃʳˢ ᵒˡᵈᴳʳʸᶠᶠⁱⁿᵈᵒʳ ᴬˡᵘᵐⁿⁱᶜᵘˡⁱⁿᵃʳʸ ᴬʳᵗⁱˢᵗ

☪ While it hadn't started off that way, Kalin was sure this visit was shaping up just liked he'd hoped. Thane was connecting with Brennie, as reluctant as he might be to admit it, and Brennie seemed to be soaking up all the attention he was getting and was just generally being the adorable little boy he knew he was. His boyfriend may not know the importance of being allowed to read Horton Hears a Who but he did and he found it all amazing. He tried not to watch them too closely as they made the toast because he knew if he was caught he'd have to explain why it was taking him ten minutes to grab one jar and three plates. Still, it wasn't like either male was paying him any attention while he set up the table in the kitchen with the plates, a spoon for the nutella (he wasn't completely comfortable with using knives around the little boy) and plenty of napkins since he knew first hand how messily Brennie could eat. Kalin was trying hard not to eavesdrop which of course meant he heard every word they said and very nearly dropped a plate when he heard Thane's distinctive chuckle at the toddler's words. "Right, that's me. So I'll catch and you pop." the young man instructed easily catching the still hot toast from the oven leaving its two slots open for one more piece of bread. Dangit! Why hadn't he thought to record any of this? If not to save for future arguments then to definitely send to Milo for the aww factor. "Toast ready yet?" he asked to seem busy. "Just about." Thane replied shortly catching the last toast before bringing them over to the table on a paper towel. He didn't even blink or pause when Brennie got out of his chair before moving it also to the table for the boy to sit and eat. Kalin, however, did both and ignored the subtle glare his partner threw him because holy crap he might just win the whole shebang. He just threw him another quick grin before slathering some of the spread on the nearest piece of toast and placing it on the plate in front of Brennie. "There ya go. You're own extra special sneaky-snack."

Miss GryffindorK

'Cause if your love was all I had in this life
Well that would be enough
Until the end of time
So rest your weary heart
And relax your mind

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:39 pm
User ImageUser Image

Brendan stood on his chair in the kitchen, excitedly watching all the bustling around him After they put the bread in the toaster, Thane said he'd be the one to grab the hot bread so the toddler wouldn't burn his fingers. "Don't you have toasty fingers, 'kay? I'll have to smooch 'em all better so they don't be ouchie!" He donned a bright smile, one that showed off his chubby cheeks. He was always glad to help, even when it meant he'd have to use special magical kisses to make people feel better. Steffi always gave him little kisses when he hurt himself, so he figured everyone did the same. At that moment, the toaster popped, startling the toddler, who yelped. "Oh no! The mean ol' toaster spooked me! Oh dear!" He looked shocked for a second, but then hurried to push more bread into the hot toaster. With a small cackle, he pushed the button, better prepared for when it would pop. Kalin asked if the toast was ready and Thane said 'just about', which Brennie supposed was true. "We made one-two toasts! and we got more toasts comin' right up!" He grinned, looking up at Thane for confirmation. As soon as they popped up, Thane grabbed the toast and carried it to the table, so the toddler slipped off the chair and toddled over, tripping a bit on his slippers. When he got to the table, he climbed up in a different chair, sitting between his two best friends. Kalin gave him a toasty bread with gooey chocolate all over it, and the boy's eyes grew huge with excitement. "Oh thank you! And we can all have us's special snacks 'cause we made it together! Like a... a... hm.... oh!! A family!" He grinned contentedly, taking a big bite of his snack and getting nutella all over his cheeks and nose.

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:29 pm
Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains within the sound of silence
User Image
User Image

ᴜɴᴇᴍᴘʟᴏʏᴇᴅ ᴅʀɪꜰᴛᴇʀ ꜱʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ ᴀʟᴜᴍ

Thane didn't even dignify Brendan's enthusiasm about kissing his burnt fingers with an eye roll and just continued with the toast making. He did however allow a small smirk at his exclamation over the popping. Since he climbed into a different chair he merely shrugged claimed the one he had brought over from the toaster and spread some nutella on his own toast giving Kalin a look when the man seemed to try and do it for him. He barely put the square of deliciousness in his mouth when the toddler hit them both with his f-bomb. The freaking kid actually called them a family. Dammit he couldn't even enjoy his sneaky-snack now. Snack! ********! And then Kalin's sparkly eyed happy grinning self wasn't helping the situation. If he didn't know the man abhorred cheating he'd think he was being hoodwinked. As it was, he still wasn't completely sure he wasn't. "That's what you think we are then?" Thane managed to rasp out after putting down his toasty suddenly losing his appetite. "It's what I'd like us to be." his boyfriend answered on the other side of Brennie looking at the both of them. He was definitely getting hoodwinked with a side of bamboozling.

Miss GryffindorK

In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
'Neath the halo of a street lamp
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:50 pm
User ImageUser Image

Brendan munched more on his toasty, eyes sparkling in absolute delight. He didn't notice the nutella smearing up his cheeks and nose. He also didn't notice that Thane looked horrified or that Kalin looked way too excited. When he finished munching on the snack, he looked over at the two adults, just in time for Thane to ask if he actually thought they were a family. Kalin followed up saying he wanted to be a family, but Brennie wasn't sure what they were worried about. "Well, I think so? 'Cause families work toget'er and hep people and make sneaky snacks and maybe to read and play and take naps toget'er." He nodded, looking confused. Was that not what a family was? He frowned, his brows furrowing as he tried to think of another word to use so Thane wasn't grumpy. He covered his mouth with his little hand, fingers wiggling as he pondered. "Maybe is a team 'stead? Or no... but I like family 'cause it sounds... all snuggly." He wrapped his arms around himself, squirming a bit. He wanted to make everyone happy, but he didn't want to get in trouble for saying the wrong words. It wouldn't be fun to lose one of his friends because of a silly accident...

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:53 pm
Woke up this morning
Heard the TV sayin' something
'Bout disaster in the world and
It made me wonder where I'm going
There's so much darkness in the world
But I see beauty left in you
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
²¹ ʸᵉᵃʳˢ ᵒˡᵈᴳʳʸᶠᶠⁱⁿᵈᵒʳ ᴬˡᵘᵐⁿⁱᶜᵘˡⁱⁿᵃʳʸ ᴬʳᵗⁱˢᵗ

☪ Kalin literally couldn't have planned things out better if he was a general in war. Ohno, he hated that analogy. Sims! He couldn't have planned this out more than if he had his own family of sims. Thane may argue about it but he could see it in his dark brown eyes, he liked Brennie and maybe even cared about him already. He was practically head over heels over the moon over him so really it just boiled down to whether or not it was something the little boy wanted. He smiled as he explained what a family was and tried to see if the word "team" worked better before eventually giving up and doing the absolute cutest little wiggle. "That sounds about right Brennie. So, if you like the sound of us being a family, would you like us to be your family? Like, be your daddies and adopt you?" Maybe he shouldn't be so straight-forward with a three year old but he was desperate. Kalin knew any day a couple could come in, see Brennie and be just as charmed by him as he was and whisk him away so that he'd never see his little boy again and he couldn't have that! Thane was looking at him like he had grown a second head and he just looked at him determinedly. They would have to have a very serious talk afterwards when they were at home, this was definitely assured, but he was sure the biggest battle would be who was going to tell Milo and Nan about their elopement.

Miss GryffindorK

'Cause if your love was all I had in this life
Well that would be enough
Until the end of time
So rest your weary heart
And relax your mind

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:39 pm
User ImageUser Image

Brendan watched the two adults, casually trying to lick nutella off his lips and nose. When Kalin spoke up, the boy turned his full attention on the man. He wanted to be a family? Like... a real family? Honestly, Brennie was surprised they weren't already a family. Kalin came every week like clockwork, and that was something family did, right? They'd come to visit? But when the word "adopt" sounded, the boy lit up like a light. He'd seen many of the kids get adopted, and he knew that it meant they found families and went to live with them forever. "You wanna 'dope me? An' take me home forever and ever? No more visits, but home time?" He tilted his head, a strand of blonde falling free from its tie. He pondered, worrying over who would help all the other kids at Wool's. Surely Steffi and Luke could handle it, but he didn't want them to be without a helper... but if he moved, he'd be able to help Thane and Kalin forever and ever! And Kalin had told him before that he had a family, so maybe... maybe he'd get to help a whole slew of new people. "I think.... maybe yes. I would like to be 'dopted... but maybe we can still bring snacks for everyone? They love sneaky snacks...and me too, 'course." That comment made the toddler giggle, his messy cheeks lighting in a bright grin. He thought it would be a very good idea indeed to move in with his very, very best friends.

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:08 pm
User Image
                                                                Time is a valuable thing
                                                                Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
                                                                Watch it count down to the end of the day
                                                                The clock ticks life away
                                                                It’s so unreal

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? Wool's
                                                                Who am I with? No one
                                                                What am I doing? Checking the orphanage out
                                                                What am I thinking? ............Either my memory's shite, or this place isn't as bad as I remember...
                                                                Who's Important to me? Elliott Holt
                                                                What am I wearing? Visiting the Orphanage

Jesse stood at the steps to the building, trying to gather the courage to go in. He hadn't been back here since he was seven, and he almost expected to see Paul somewhere around the corner waiting for him. However, he'd looked into his former 'guardian' and found out that Paul had been imprisoned years ago on kidnapping, assault, and abuse charges. On one hand, Jesse had been shocked because he hadn't expected anything to happen since he'd never said a word. On the other, he was glad, though that meant that some other kid had been subjected to the same shite that Jesse had been years ago. However, the question of who had ultimately gotten Paul arrested was moot, as it had happened so long ago that Jesse hadn't even been involved at all and he was relieved that was one of his bogeymen laid to rest. Now, if only his birth family would be caught for what they were doing, then Jesse would feel like the world was right again.

Deciding that just standing on the steps wasn't doing anything, he walked up and knocked politely before entering. Inside was chaos, but Jesse was pretty well used to chaos involving numerous children all at once. Maybe not on this scale, but Sawyer and Anwen were pretty active children and he could imagine well enough. He just stood awkwardly, wondering what he was supposed to be doing here besides visiting. Maybe it was just his curiosity, he mused. He of course hadn't been anywhere near the place since he was a kid, and his memories were fuzzy, but he knew that he hadn't enjoyed his brief time here. It was... different, he decided. So much had changed that he couldn't even recognize anything, and he wondered if that meant the home was under new management. It had to be. Otherwise he'd probably be getting a rather rude greeting from the people that had tried to help him so many years ago.

OOC:

Things aren’t the way they were before
                                                                You wouldn’t even recognize me anymore
                                                                Not that you knew me back then
                                                                But it all comes back to me
                                                                In the end

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:41 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝓐𝓰𝒆 ℱ𝓲𝓿𝒆𝓞𝓻𝓹𝓱𝓪𝓷

Leiland had spent the better part of his day hiding in his room, reading a book about cats. He had read until he decided he was hungry, and though he couldn't read the clock, he guessed it was probably about lunch time. If not, he figured he could try and cajole Steffi to make something small for him. He took a few minutes to get dressed, setting his pajamas in his little hamper. After he was all dressed, he tugged on his favorite coat, the one given to him by his grandpa. Unfortunately, changing his clothes around lost him his glasses. He spent about twenty minutes searching for the elusive specs, only to discover they'd been tucked up into his hair. Such a silly hiding place!

Lee hurried down the hall, only stumbling once as he made way for the stairs. The stairs, he established, were designed by some evil, evil fellow intended to make him break his arm.... again. He'd learned that living here meant that people couldn't use magic to make him feel better, so he had to try and be extra careful. He made it most of the way down the stairs before tripping on his own feet and tumbling down the last few steps. "Gwack!!" His voice was quite, but usually the sound was loud enough to alert at least one adult.

At the end of his tumble, he landed flat on his face on the floor. That... hurt more that he'd expected. To add insult to injury, his glasses had skittered away! The boy pushed himself up onto hands and knees, then sat back, squinting as he tried to find his missing specs. "Oh bo-bother, o-oh dearrrr..." He frowned, worried that he'd be in terrible trouble. His mum and dad were always incredibly upset when he made a mess of himself, so the boy wiped his eye with his palm, trying not to cry. If his grandpa was still here, he'd make it all better, he always did. For now, the blonde would let himself have a moment, though he tried to keep as quiet as possible. No sense calling attention to himself if it wasn't needed. He wasn't even hurt... probably, he couldn't see if he was.

Red Hot Missy

Jᴜsᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʙᴀʟʟᴏᴏɴs ᴡᴇ sᴏᴀʀ ᴏɴ ᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ
Fɪɴᴀʟʟʏ ꜰʀᴇᴇ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀɪɴ ᴏꜰ ᴏᴜʀ ʜᴏᴍᴇ
Aɴᴅ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʙᴀʟʟᴏᴏɴs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʜᴏʟᴅ
Fʀᴇᴇ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴋɴᴏᴡ
Jᴜsᴛ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴄʜɪʟᴅʀᴇɴ, ɴᴏᴛ ᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟ sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇ
Uɴᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛs ᴡᴇɴᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇᴅ
Aʟᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀꜰʀᴀɪᴅ ꜰᴏʀ ᴏʜ sᴏ ʟᴏɴɢ

𝒲𝑜𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒹𝒾𝒹 𝓌𝑒 𝒹𝑜 𝓌𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑔?

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:43 am
User Image
                                                                Time is a valuable thing
                                                                It’s so unreal

Where am I? Wool's
                                                                Who am I with? No one
                                                                What am I thinking? ............Either my memory's shite, or this place isn't as bad as I remember...

Jesse had only been standing for a few minutes before he heard a sudden 'Gwack!" and then there was a kid tumbling down the stairs. Jesse was immediately on alert, scanning the area for some adult that had shoved him down the stairs before his attention turned to the kid that was now squinting around. Did the kid have problems seeing? Jesse squinted around himself until he saw what looked to be a pair of glasses skitter out of reach, so he leaned over to pick them up. Frowning, he picked them up and knelt down to the kid's level to hand them back. "Here. I think you dropped these." His eyes were still scanning around to look for the perpetrator, but he didn't see anyone. He wasn't sure if it was just caution or paranoia making him suspect that the kid had been shoved, but he wasn't going to take any chances. Knowing something about what had happened to Wren and his sister certainly made him a lot more aware that he wasn't the only one with an abusive past.

Settling back on his heels, he chewed his lip and tried to think of a good way to talk to the kid. Anwen was easy, since she was older and wasn't immature. The only other kid he'd been exposed to was Sawyer, which wasn't a good indication for what kinds of kids he could handle. He looked the kid over, seeing if he could spot any bruises or blood, but couldn't see any. Relaxing slightly, he breathed a sigh of relief before he returned his attention back to the kid. "So, you okay there kid? You're not hurt or anything, right?" Oh, he was so bad at this. Why didn't he suggest that Elliott come with him? At least his boyfriend would have been able to talk to the kid a lot better, right?

OOC:

In the end

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:30 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝓐𝓰𝒆 ℱ𝓲𝓿𝒆𝓞𝓻𝓹𝓱𝓪𝓷

Leiland rubbed his eyes a bit, sniffling as he tried to figure out his level of pain. He wasn't hurting nearly as bad as that time he'd taken a tumble down the stone steps at his former parents' house. That had really hurt, plus it had wound him up in the magic hospital for two whole days! Now, he was pretty sure he was just a bit sore, so he'd just walk it off... as soon as he could see well enough to walk, of course. He exhaled quietly and decided he ought to get back to searching.

A few seconds later, Lee heard grown-up footsteps. They sounded too heavy to be Steffi, so he figured it had to be either Luke or Kalin. When the voice spoke up, however, Lee realized he had no idea who this person was. Regardless, he was offering back his glasses, so after a few false swipes at the frames, he grabbed his specs and pushed them back on his face as the world came into clarity. Before him was a man with red hair, kneeling down to his level. "They a-are mine. Than-mmm thank you." He pushed his hair back, the blonde examined the adult. He didn't look like he worked here, and he also didn't look like someone particularly interested in adopting. And he wasn't dressed up like one of those guys that brought him here.... so who was he?

The guy asked if he was okay, and that brought Lee's lost train of thought to a grinding halt. He looked around and started looking over his arms and even peeked at his tummy. There didn't seem to be any cuts or bruises, so he turned his attention back to the question. "I... I'm okay. I fall down 'lots." He wiped his eyes again, bright green eyes twinkling with curiosity. "Wh-who are you? 'M Leiland." He normally stayed quieter and just tried to figure things out, but his curiosity was burning. This guy had some reason to be here, so Lee sat on his feet and watched, trying not to let his thoughts wander for at least a few minutes.

Red Hot Missy

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:48 pm
User Image
                                                                Time is a valuable thing
                                                                It’s so unreal

Where am I? Wool's
                                                                Who am I with? No one

Jesse gave the kid a half-smile when he grabbed the glasses, and Jesse watched as the kid examined himself to see if there was anything he could spot. Why was being around kids so hard anyway? Jesse could never figure it out, and he knew that he freaked out more than anything when confronted by any child younger than five. This time, while Jesse was certain he was interacting with a young kid, there wasn't any overriding anxiety while speaking. Instead, he was nervous, but not terrified. He cocked an eyebrow at the idea of the kid falling down 'lots', and almost asked if the kid had been shoved. Almost, except he stopped himself. No, no one he had ever known had as bad as a childhood as he had, and he wasn't wanting to discover others with similar pasts. "Well, if you fall down 'lots', then you're pretty good at catching yourself, huh?"

When the kid offered his own name, Jesse extended his hand and his smile grew a little more. "I'm Jesse. I used to live around here and decided to check the place out." There, that wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. He was certain that he had to tone down things about himself, but he was never sure about how much. He knew that he wasn't about to spill his life story, but he was pretty sure that swearing like he always had a tendency to do would wreak havok on a kid's vocabulary. Therefore, he was going to try not to swear. He just hoped he succeeded.

OOC:

In the end

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:15 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝓐𝓰𝒆 ℱ𝓲𝓿𝒆𝓞𝓻𝓹𝓱𝓪𝓷

Leiland noticed the man's little smile, and so the shy child donned his own, looking for all the world like he hadn't just tumbled down the stairs. He wasn't ever very good about talking to people, and had developed a tendency to scurry away when someone was talking to him, but curiosity rooted Lee to his spot on the floor. His shyness had gotten so bad that his preschool teacher had tried to convince his grampa that he wasn't "ready" for real school, and he should take the preschool classes again. Luckily, Franklin had been able to deny this and get him moved with the rest of his class. He'd even done his best to work with Lee on his talking! Unfortunately, it'd been right after school's beginning that he'd been moved to Wool's, and now he had a new school in a very, very big city. It had been months and he hadn't opened up to anyone, so he was pretty sure his new teacher would say he wasn't ready for year one.

When the man spoke again, Lee's brain snapped to focus, having forgotten that he'd even fallen, let alone their earlier discussion on it. "Y-yes. mhm. I can someti-times catch myself. But mo-mostly I fall a lot." He nodded, partly wondering why he did fall down all the time... no! No, he had to focus! After his question about the man, he responded that his name was Jesse, and that he used to live near here. Had his grampa died too? Or maybe it was that his parents didn't want him. Or possibly something else, but Lee wasn't sure what else. Jesse offered a hand, so the blonde did his best to shake, though he wasn't quite sure if he was supposed to use both his hands. Oh well, he had. "'M s-sorry you lived here. I don-don't like it." He shook his head a bit, the curiosity in his gaze being temporarily replaced by a resigned sadness. The pitiful looks didn't last very long, and after a handful of seconds, the blonde resumed his curious watching of Jesse.

Red Hot Missy

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:32 pm
User Image
                                                                Time is a valuable thing
                                                                It’s so unreal

Where am I? Wool's
                                                                Who am I with? No one

Jesse gave the kid a bit of a smile as he replied that he fell a lot. While he couldn't exactly empathize with that (being a cat animagus tended to negate a lot of falls so that he landed on his feet every time), he certainly could appreciate the fact the kid seemed to pick himself up every time. Hopefully Jesse had learned how to do that after all the stuff he'd been through, but he was pretty certain he was one nervous breakdown away from not being able to pick himself back up. However, that was in the mental sense, not necessarily the physical one, so the redhead reached out to ruffle his hair and cocked an eyebrow. "Well, at least you pick yourself up every time. That's always good."

Then the kid apologized for Jesse ever living there, though Jesse didn't recall ever mentioning he'd spent any time at the orphanage. Maybe the kid assumed from his statement about living nearby, and it wasn't like the kid was wrong. Jesse just didn't want to recall the first monumental mistake of his life. "I'm going to let you in on a secret. No one likes living in places like this. Usually they want to have a home and family to go to instead. Life just doesn't work that way, sadly." That made Jesse all the more grateful for what Kenneth had put up with him all those years ago. It couldn't have been easy considering that Jesse was quite honestly a basket case, and he rocked back on his heels a bit as he thought about the kid in this place. He wasn't sure about the people that owned it now, but it couldn't have been that great. Maybe Elli wouldn't mind if he took the kid home with him.

OOC:

In the end

Miss GryffindorK

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas