Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
The Noble Bird Returns Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:57 am
SubonicXP
Blizzard120

"Weavile Vile Vile!" The Weavile shouted towards the Venusaur. Apparently, those vines aren't impressing anyone.

The boy would frown after these actions took place. While he wasn't pleased that the Leech Seed missed again it was the Torment that really bothered him, probably more than his Pokemon. His ploy was ruined, and if he didn't think of a way to end this battle favorably and abruptly it would end badly.

"Vaur!" Roared the Mega Pokemon. How dare that Weavile insult its vines with such mockery!

"Sorry, Fleurir, we're taking another route. We need to end this quick. Use Earthquake!" Oh boy, here it comes.

With another mighty roar the Mega Pokemon would completely change its current course in this battle as it actually moved, raising up on its hind legs and slamming down with the front ones to send a tremendous shockwave through out the building.

I had to brace myself, nearly losing my balance as the quake rocked the building. Weavile had a lot worse of time, however, being in the battle itself falling over and getting rocked to his core severely and getting damaged profusely by this Venusaur's outrageous might. So much so, he was wailing out in agony. He wasn't going to make it if this kept up. That being said, this was our, more than likely, one and only opening.

"Weavile! Listen up!" I called out to him as I managed to stay firm for the moment. The Weavile quieted down, gritting his teeth as he continued to get rocked by the quake. "Counter!"

Weavile managed to get back up, getting tumbled about, but then managed to get his footing, rushing forth, straight for the Venusaur, claws out. "WEEAAA-VILLLE!" The Pokemon screeched, giving a hard, vengeful slash upwards upon the Venusaur.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:55 am
Blizzard120

Weavile managed to get back up, getting tumbled about, but then managed to get his footing, rushing forth, straight for the Venusaur, claws out. "WEEAAA-VILLLE!" The Pokemon screeched, giving a hard, vengeful slash upwards upon the Venusaur.

Something strange happened when the Weavile countered the Mega Pokemon's Earthquake, slashing upward on the Venusaur's face, causing the Grass type to stumble backwards in pain. While it wasn't unusual that the Counter packed such a punch, and it did, what happened next was very bizarre.

"Saur..." Moaned the Mega Venusaur as it swayed, the orb of light appearing around it for a brief moment and exploding to reveal the Grass type reverted back to its regular form. Now no longer Mega the Venusaur's legs buckle and it would fall to the ground, passed out and its flower drooping.

"No...we still can't hold it..." The kid sighed, falling to his knees himself in defeat. The crowd responded with murmurs and laughs as the kid's Pokemon failed to maintain its Mega Evolution.

Diantha would immediately come over and get down on the hybrid's level and give him a hug and words of encouragement. "Don't worry, that was the longest you two remained in Mega without your combo. You both just need more training." So that was it. Venusaur had trouble staying in its Mega state so in order to overcome this issue its trainer made up a battle strategy to circumvent it. It was obvious now, they would Leech Seed their opponent and continuously drain and keep them away so that Venusaur would have a constant supply of energy to maintain Mega Evolution. Blizzard and Weavile didn't allow this to happen and Venusaur was forced to expend more energy than it had while in Mega form.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:34 pm
SubonicXP
Blizzard120

Something strange happened when the Weavile countered the Mega Pokemon's Earthquake, slashing upward on the Venusaur's face, causing the Grass type to stumble backwards in pain. While it wasn't unusual that the Counter packed such a punch, and it did, what happened next was very bizarre.

"Saur..." Moaned the Mega Venusaur as it swayed, the orb of light appearing around it for a brief moment and exploding to reveal the Grass type reverted back to its regular form. Now no longer Mega the Venusaur's legs buckle and it would fall to the ground, passed out and its flower drooping.

"No...we still can't hold it..." The kid sighed, falling to his knees himself in defeat. The crowd responded with murmurs and laughs as the kid's Pokemon failed to maintain its Mega Evolution.

Diantha would immediately come over and get down on the hybrid's level and give him a hug and words of encouragement. "Don't worry, that was the longest you two remained in Mega without your combo. You both just need more training." So that was it. Venusaur had trouble staying in its Mega state so in order to overcome this issue its trainer made up a battle strategy to circumvent it. It was obvious now, they would Leech Seed their opponent and continuously drain and keep them away so that Venusaur would have a constant supply of energy to maintain Mega Evolution. Blizzard and Weavile didn't allow this to happen and Venusaur was forced to expend more energy than it had while in Mega form.

"Now Weavile use-huh?"

"Vile?"

The two of us looked over, ready to solidify our position, until we both realized that we...really didn't need to. The hell? What just happened? I know Counter actually does a grand deal of damage under the right circumstances, but I didn't think it would actually do the job completely. Even Weavile, as banged up as he was from the Earthquake attack, was perplexed by the whole notion. Even he was sure it was not over by any means until this. I walked forward towards my Weavile, listening in on the exchange between Diantha and Capri and it took a second to figure out what was going on. I suddenly realized that the whole strategy, what came off as a ungodly defense was really his offense after all. He didn't want to ensnare Weavile just for the sake of stopping him, he had to do it just to maintain Venusaur's mega evolution. He really was trained for the time being to be a leech just to compensate for it. Talk about those happy accidents when using Weavile's Torment. I didn't expect it to work that well.

But it now left me to wonder all the more now what on Earth is Mega Evolution really? I didn't imagine that this new form would have a taxing limitation like that. By context its something that one can extend with the proper training...which I guess was the reason why Wulfric's Abomasnow and Wikstrom's Scizor didn't show signs of exhaustion from the transformation despite the hard fights I had with them. The Pokemon were just that experienced.

As soon as I managed to make it to Weavile, I saw him cringe a bit, still hurting from where the Earthquake attack. "You alright there, Weavile?"

"Vile weavileeee..." the Pokemon replied.

"Yea, I kind of figured. You did good. Take a breather, alright?" I said, taking out his Pokeball and recalling him back to the ball. I then walked towards Diantha and Capri, seeing the kid still on the floor. "No shame, Capri. Stand up. You and Venusaur gave it what you have. There is nothing to be upset about here."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:21 pm
Blizzard120

"Yea, I kind of figured. You did good. Take a breather, alright?" I said, taking out his Pokeball and recalling him back to the ball. I then walked towards Diantha and Capri, seeing the kid still on the floor. "No shame, Capri. Stand up. You and Venusaur gave it what you have. There is nothing to be upset about here."

Capri would look up at Blizzard from his position on the ground. As he listened to the other hybrid a smile would slowly begin to form on his face and the younger hybrid would begin to raise up, rubbing his eyes a bit as he had almost begun to cry. "Merci...that...means a lot." He said with a great big smile.

"I must say, monsieur Blizzard, I am impressed with you and your Pokemon. Capri has defeated other Dukes with just his Barbaracle. Your teacher must take pride in you with every battle." Diantha complimented Blizzard.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:31 am
"Thank you. Eh, I think teacher actually does, and probably more so considering of what lengths that I was willing to go through to actually learn. Part of the reason why I'm out here, really." I said. "Who knows, what Capri pulled off here today may be something someone will do at the gym eventually. Not to mention, look at it this way, while this wasn't a gym battle by any means, I would imagine that Capri now knows just a little of what their capable of. Apprentices and Gym Leaders are going to try to be resourceful in any way they can to test any and all trainers that challenge them. It's going to be difficult, but many can attest that it is rather rewarding for both the trainers and their Pokemon."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:44 am
Blizzard120
"Thank you. Eh, I think teacher actually does, and probably more so considering of what lengths that I was willing to go through to actually learn. Part of the reason why I'm out here, really." I said. "Who knows, what Capri pulled off here today may be something someone will do at the gym eventually. Not to mention, look at it this way, while this wasn't a gym battle by any means, I would imagine that Capri now knows just a little of what their capable of. Apprentices and Gym Leaders are going to try to be resourceful in any way they can to test any and all trainers that challenge them. It's going to be difficult, but many can attest that it is rather rewarding for both the trainers and their Pokemon."

"Did you hear that, Capri?" Diantha asked the young hybrid as she ruffled his hair a bit.

"Yes, madame." He said to Diantha with a smile and then looked towards Blizzard. "Thank you again."

"So, monsieur Blizzard, let's cut to the chase. You've been looking for me, why?" The champion asked the man point blank. Her pleasant happy expression fading and a more serious one overcoming her. I guess being such an idol to an entire region makes you suspicious of...well, everyone.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:25 am
"Like I tell everyone, I'm here to learn. I just managed to find my way this way right now because I just wanted to see what was going on, and if I got a battle then great, mission accomplished. Though...well...I don't think it would be my place, but now that I am thinking about it, maybe you could help me with something if you're feeling a little generous. The last time I was here, while yea, I managed to get the title I did get and such and even got a meeting with Sir Wikstrom, it was...well...cut short. You might have heard about it, the Royal Guard stormed this place, probably to get to me in particular because of Comebuy Sr decided to let the King know that I was here and instigate getting me captured by the likes of them. It wasn't all that pleasant of a day, as you can imagine, for anyone involved here. Before I leave back for Jhoto, I wouldn't mind getting another meeting with him if at all possible. Maybe see how he's doing since that day. In a way, one warrior checking on a comrade in arms, as he might look at it." I explained to her. While yes, I lied, some of the best lies come with a fair bit of truth to them, especially if said truths probably had things they could look into, such as the guard raiding this place. It was all the matter if she would buy into it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:47 am
Blizzard120
"Like I tell everyone, I'm here to learn. I just managed to find my way this way right now because I just wanted to see what was going on, and if I got a battle then great, mission accomplished. Though...well...I don't think it would be my place, but now that I am thinking about it, maybe you could help me with something if you're feeling a little generous. The last time I was here, while yea, I managed to get the title I did get and such and even got a meeting with Sir Wikstrom, it was...well...cut short. You might have heard about it, the Royal Guard stormed this place, probably to get to me in particular because of Comebuy Sr decided to let the King know that I was here and instigate getting me captured by the likes of them. It wasn't all that pleasant of a day, as you can imagine, for anyone involved here. Before I leave back for Jhoto, I wouldn't mind getting another meeting with him if at all possible. Maybe see how he's doing since that day. In a way, one warrior checking on a comrade in arms, as he might look at it." I explained to her. While yes, I lied, some of the best lies come with a fair bit of truth to them, especially if said truths probably had things they could look into, such as the guard raiding this place. It was all the matter if she would buy into it.

Diantha would listen to Blizzard's story. She did hear about what went down here back then, how couldn't she have? It was all over the news and for that matter she is the champion of this region, kind of something that she should know about. Regardless she heard Blizzard and gave a little nod in response.

"I understand, Duke Blizzard. You wish to see sir Wikstrom in Kiloude City." The champion said point blank, assuming that Blizzard already knew where the Elite Four member was, which he did. "Very well. You have proven yourself to be a talented trainer and I must thank you some how for being such an excellent role model for my young friend. I shall make you a deal. Defeat me in battle and I shall arrange for you to have a private meeting in Kiloude City. Just you and Wikstrom and if you have any intrusions whoever does so will have to answer to me. Do we have a deal, mon duke?"  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:15 am
SubonicXP
Diantha would listen to Blizzard's story. She did hear about what went down here back then, how couldn't she have? It was all over the news and for that matter she is the champion of this region, kind of something that she should know about. Regardless she heard Blizzard and gave a little nod in response.

"I understand, Duke Blizzard. You wish to see sir Wikstrom in Kiloude City." The champion said point blank, assuming that Blizzard already knew where the Elite Four member was, which he did. "Very well. You have proven yourself to be a talented trainer and I must thank you some how for being such an excellent role model for my young friend. I shall make you a deal. Defeat me in battle and I shall arrange for you to have a private meeting in Kiloude City. Just you and Wikstrom and if you have any intrusions whoever does so will have to answer to me. Do we have a deal, mon duke?"

"Getting a battle with you and have the possibility of seeing Sir Wikstrom again? How can I say no? Especially to someone like you. It would be an honor either way." I said to her. While I was still trying to keep up appearances, I got to admit this was a bit pressuring. I had to beat Diantha just to get to Kiloude City. No questions asked. While I was no stranger to squaring off against champions, I still understand that they're champions for a reason. Worse, is that my main advantage when coming to fight champions is out the window anyhow. I could pretty much tell anyone how the likes of say Lance out of Kanto, or Steven...or Wallace...out of Hoenn, or Cynthia from Sinnoh could butt heads with someone...but Diantha? Here? Not a freakin' clue. Worse when I'm still dealing with the proverbial 'X factor' in wondering if she has a Mega Evolution. Scratch that...no if. What is her Mega Evolution Pokemon. I have a hard time believing that someone with her status would be without one. "So, what ground rules would you like for this battle? For that matter, do you want to still do it in the hall here?" I asked.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:37 am
Blizzard120

"Getting a battle with you and have the possibility of seeing Sir Wikstrom again? How can I say no? Especially to someone like you. It would be an honor either way." I said to her. While I was still trying to keep up appearances, I got to admit this was a bit pressuring. I had to beat Diantha just to get to Kiloude City. No questions asked. While I was no stranger to squaring off against champions, I still understand that they're champions for a reason. Worse, is that my main advantage when coming to fight champions is out the window anyhow. I could pretty much tell anyone how the likes of say Lance out of Kanto, or Steven...or Wallace...out of Hoenn, or Cynthia from Sinnoh could butt heads with someone...but Diantha? Here? Not a freakin' clue. Worse when I'm still dealing with the proverbial 'X factor' in wondering if she has a Mega Evolution. Scratch that...no if. What is her Mega Evolution Pokemon. I have a hard time believing that someone with her status would be without one. "So, what ground rules would you like for this battle? For that matter, do you want to still do it in the hall here?" I asked.

"You flatter me, mon cher." Diantha said with a smile, said smiling disappearing soon enough. "Meet me outside in the garden, we'll battle there. Be sure to heal up your Pokemon and take the time to decide what team you'll bring with you. We shall both battle with a full team, one on one. I look forward to seeing you soon. Come, Capri." Motioning for Capri to follow the champion and hybrid pair would disappear into the crowd, her fans following after her as she left. Oh boy did Blizzard have his work cut out for him this time.

"You sure you can handle this?" GRAY spoke up from Blizzard's SNAG. "I mean, she is the champion and she wants an all out battle with you. Not only that but you know for a fact she has a Mega Pokemon. I guarantee you that her Mega Pokemon is on an even higher level than those you've already faced. Thought Wikstrom was bad? This will be worse. Got any ideas on how to handle that? Probably not, you'll just wing it...great, now I'm making puns like gothic leader." GRAY mused.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:47 am
SubonicXP
Blizzard120

"You flatter me, mon cher." Diantha said with a smile, said smiling disappearing soon enough. "Meet me outside in the garden, we'll battle there. Be sure to heal up your Pokemon and take the time to decide what team you'll bring with you. We shall both battle with a full team, one on one. I look forward to seeing you soon. Come, Capri." Motioning for Capri to follow the champion and hybrid pair would disappear into the crowd, her fans following after her as she left. Oh boy did Blizzard have his work cut out for him this time.

"You sure you can handle this?" GRAY spoke up from Blizzard's SNAG. "I mean, she is the champion and she wants an all out battle with you. Not only that but you know for a fact she has a Mega Pokemon. I guarantee you that her Mega Pokemon is on an even higher level than those you've already faced. Thought Wikstrom was bad? This will be worse. Got any ideas on how to handle that? Probably not, you'll just wing it...great, now I'm making puns like gothic leader." GRAY mused.

As the bunch left, I gave a sigh then started to walk off back for the room to take care of both Weavile and Telia after their hellacious battle against the prodigy, but then perked up when GRAY started speaking up from my SNAG. Freakin hell. Timing! I made my way back to the room with the healing machine then took out my SNAG.

"Blast it, GRAY." I said. "Apparently you weren't listening in from earlier...you know that little tidbit of Comebuy probably having a good portion of this place wired." I said. "At any rate, I've already thought about Diantha. I came here expecting to have a ungodly fight against her. Sub knew of that too, you know. He wouldn't have sent me back out here if he didn't think I would be able to at the very least make her work for a win."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:55 am
Blizzard120

As the bunch left, I gave a sigh then started to walk off back for the room to take care of both Weavile and Telia after their hellacious battle against the prodigy, but then perked up when GRAY started speaking up from my SNAG. Freakin hell. Timing! I made my way back to the room with the healing machine then took out my SNAG.

"Blast it, GRAY." I said. "Apparently you weren't listening in from earlier...you know that little tidbit of Comebuy probably having a good portion of this place wired." I said. "At any rate, I've already thought about Diantha. I came here expecting to have a ungodly fight against her. Sub knew of that too, you know. He wouldn't have sent me back out here if he didn't think I would be able to at the very least make her work for a win."

"Relax bird brain, the audio emitted by the SNAG contains a high pitch sound which humans, and most hybrids, can't hear. But if a microphone tries to pick it up they'll just hear a high pitch squeal. So chill...another Sub joke, great." GRAY said. "Either way, I hope his faith in you isn't missed placed. You might need a legend at the least to stand a chance against her." Looks like GRAY just had a ton of confidence in Blizzard not. "I had more of a reason for speaking up though, beside pointing out how badly you'll fail. Before you go battle Diantha I figured you might want to take a few precautions. If Comebuy cheated when the two of you battle don't you think he wouldn't dare allow you to defeat the Champion on what he considers his turf?"  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:23 am
SubonicXP
"Relax bird brain, the audio emitted by the SNAG contains a high pitch sound which humans, and most hybrids, can't hear. But if a microphone tries to pick it up they'll just hear a high pitch squeal. So chill...another Sub joke, great." GRAY said. "Either way, I hope his faith in you isn't missed placed. You might need a legend at the least to stand a chance against her." Looks like GRAY just had a ton of confidence in Blizzard not. "I had more of a reason for speaking up though, beside pointing out how badly you'll fail. Before you go battle Diantha I figured you might want to take a few precautions. If Comebuy cheated when the two of you battle don't you think he wouldn't dare allow you to defeat the Champion on what he considers his turf?"

"I've already thought about that a little, honestly." I said to GRAY. "Unfortunately, I got to go as is. I would go with a Legendary myself, but the only one that I have, which I didn't bring by the way, is my own Articuno, and even more unfortunately, it may as well be like I went in with a untrained Pokemon anyhow. I never had it go into battle before. It's the reason why I brought the team I have now. They are for the most part the most experienced crew I have, and for that matter, at the very least, it isn't like when I fought Wikstrom, I deliberately came in with a not very diverse team just to bait everyone into fighting me. And even then I got him down to his Mega Scizor and gave him a reason to remember Zangoose in particular." I said. "I know the odds are against me considerably GRAY, you don't have to spell that out to me, but I got to take a crack at it anyhow."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:23 pm
Blizzard120

"I've already thought about that a little, honestly." I said to GRAY. "Unfortunately, I got to go as is. I would go with a Legendary myself, but the only one that I have, which I didn't bring by the way, is my own Articuno, and even more unfortunately, it may as well be like I went in with a untrained Pokemon anyhow. I never had it go into battle before. It's the reason why I brought the team I have now. They are for the most part the most experienced crew I have, and for that matter, at the very least, it isn't like when I fought Wikstrom, I deliberately came in with a not very diverse team just to bait everyone into fighting me. And even then I got him down to his Mega Scizor and gave him a reason to remember Zangoose in particular." I said. "I know the odds are against me considerably GRAY, you don't have to spell that out to me, but I got to take a crack at it anyhow."

"If you say so. Poor legendary birdie, when was the last time you took it out anyways? Any who, good luck I guess. You're going to need it." GRAY remarked.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:07 pm
"......" For some reason, that kind of rung deep. Usually the snark out of GRAY doesn't really bother me. Most of the time, unless I in particular need something, I just tune the freakin' computer out. I don't know. I already knew that I was going to be hard pressed to take down the champion. I knew that long before coming here. I was resigned to that fact that there may have been a good possibility I may not be able to take her out if I had to come to blows with her. But now...it was like the gravity of it kind of sunk in. Well, I can't get upset with myself over it now; I had to see it through, for better or for worse.

After getting my Pokemon tended to once again, I made my way out for the gardens.  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff