Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
A Fortuitous Day: Tarot Clutch Touching Open! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:01 pm
Well, amused was better than angry he supposed. Still, he couldn't help but feel like it was laughing at him a little. Great. He was glad it found him so entertaining.. Nonetheless, he considered the Emperor Egg's question thoughtfully. He was sure there were some people who wouldn't want his kind of change. But they could eat shells. He knew what was right and what was wrong. And there was a lot of things in this Weyr that were very, very wrong.

Ah.. Not that any of this was the egg's problem... He thought, realizing he might be getting a little carried away. Happy Thoughts! As the candidatemaster told them. Err.. Yes. Good Egg. It raised a good point. Anyway, it seemed like a strong one. He was sure it would do fine in whatever it chose in life.

Not as worried about this egg getting lonely, Riagan then moved his hand and stepped back from the large striped egg, looking around again. A small, purple egg near the front of the clutch attracted his attention, and he moved back towards the Judgement Egg. This egg seemed to be making up its own mind about those who approached, so saying nothing, he laid his hand on its shell and let it make up its mind.

---

Timor grinned widely at the Sun Egg's touch. He had a feeling this would be a friendly one! It's been pretty excellent so far. he agreed. Both eggs he'd seen had been quite lovely little things, itself included. Timor beamed. "I'm glad you're happy to see me. I feel the same about you." he said. Even if he knew it was nothing compared to the bond of a dragon, in truth, he always found this incredible! No matter how many Touchings he went to, it still floored him that they could really communicate with the hatclings this way.

He laughed slightly. "I didn't see that! I wish I had." he said, to its comment about its sibling's travels. "What do I think..? I think if you want to go for a roll, you should!" he added in a softer voice. "Just don't tell you mum I said that." He wasn't sure what the gold dragon would think about eggs spontaneously moving themselves about the sands.

"Ah.. I better go though." he said, since they'd been ordered not to stay too long. "It's been great talking to you." His eyes didn't move far, to the brightly contoured egg nestled at its foot. "I think I might have a chat with your friend." he said with a smile, moving his hand to the Star Egg. "Hello! And how are you?" he said to it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:48 pm
NovaCracker

Wheel of Fortune
Hello! the Wheel of Fortune egg thought brightly. Oh, how exciting it was to feel the Candidates touch its egg! And oh, how wonderful, the way their different thoughts wove together. Wheel of Fortune was having the very best day. It was so full of excitement and intrigue. Did Amila like the eggs?

DruidTigress

Tower Egg
Rooted deeply within the sands, the Tower was unshakeable, immovable. But it was also a source of calm and inspiration. When Cami laid her hand upon its shell, it sent up a surge of strength in greeting, for the dragonet within had taken it upon itself to reinforce each Candidate in turn, if it could. She was a strong young woman, the egg thought. It admired such qualities. As far as the events of the Touching, it only knew some of what had gone on, but from what it had observed there was one attempting to wrest control from the powers that be. Always a worthy goal, no doubt.

Tsunake

High Priestess
Goran's thoughts did not intrude on the High Priestess with demands of questions answered. They stood, perhaps, listening to the silence. In many ways this was preferable to the egg's overexertion from before. It appreciated his ability to keep himself contained. Beyond such an acknowledgement, the egg was silent, but the silence was not an uncomfortable or unpleasant one.

Masterharper

Tower Egg
If ever there had been one who needed this egg, it was he, Chayrel! Come, brother in arms, do not fear the egg nor the force behind it! Rise up, rise up and show these others that they can keep no one down. The evil creatures that had chained Chayrel into tiny tunnels would suffer the Tower's wrath if ever the egg chanced to meet them. No, there would be no judgement from this egg, who knew only too well the flails of judgement upon those who felt unworthy.

Empress Egg
At Cahlusi's kind words, the Empress seemed to blossom slightly, a child that was eager to hear such nice things. It gave the impression of clapping hands, of excitement. It would one day have the most thrilling hatching, and it would show Cahlusi and all the rest! But the egg was not quite so shallow as to think qualities beyond its shell ought not be recognized. Cahlusi would not be alone forever, the Empress felt sure.

Judgement Egg
Was he very sure that he was looking at Judgement? Wasn't he looking at one of the other eggs? Shinnikan was saying very nice things, but they couldn't be about it. No, not about Judgement. The egg was a fraud!

faesinger

Empress Egg
Once again, the Empress was silent in shock. But this time, when it began to think once more, the overwhelming sense of near tearful gratitude suffused the egg. He had noticed! No one had seen, but he, Luiciand, had noticed. No one had believed the egg. Not one... even if they had given it the benefit of the doubt. But Luiciand knew, and he was thanking it. The egg was humbled and almost disbelieving. It had had a very long, long day.

Dea and #Teddy#

High Priestess
A flicker of interest stirred within the egg at Demanthra's thoughts. It gave the sense of waiting, waiting to know more about Demanthra and who she was. It leaned into the sense of helper, comforter, and musician.

Teiha

Empress Egg
Perhaps it was reserved for someone else, but it wanted to know who was here to meet its siblings. The egg was watchful, weighing the worth of those who came to touch the others, to touch it. ... And it was still a baby, so some of his courtly ways made the egg almost bashful, almost... giggly.

Nilah44

Empress Egg
Rennati's words calmed the egg somewhat. It had so many siblings. Maybe having Rennati check on its brothers and sisters would help the egg to feel less scattered and stressed. It was trying so hard to keep track of everyone, and there were so many.

Revel1984

Tower Egg
The egg felt the immensity of this place, of the situation. This was a very important moment, and it was all but holding its breath. But it was also braced, ready to take blows if any should come its way. That was a very kind thing that Mallan had done for its sibling, and such kindnesses ought not to go unacknowledged. After all, while it was the right thing to do, he certainly hadn't had to.

DruidTigress

Judgement Egg
The egg came alive under Riagan's touch. This! This was exactly Judgement's point! There were things that were wrong, and things that were right, and they should go out there right now and make the wrong things right! There was nothing good about staying the same if the same was not as it should be. Approval welled up deep within the egg, who listened curiously to what Riagan might have to say.

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:05 pm
YES! Amila thought without hesitation. Everyone was so lovely, and it was nice to be around the eggs, smiling to herself and the Wheel of Fortune. They were all so very lovely and unique and it was exciting to see them all. She'd only seen firelizards or whers before -- dragon eggs were SO NIFTY. Did the egg enjoy meeting Candidates for the first time? She hoped so!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:14 pm
Farensil chuckled at the pair, giving each a gentle hug in their own turn. "I'm glad you like it. Someday soon, you'll get to see it and know what all of it is." She smiled, rubbing the Sun on the top of its shell. "And you," she hummed, moving over to the Star to give it its own hug, without touching anyone else in the process. "Don't be afraid to make yourself heard. I suspect you'll always be true to yourself, and I hope to see you do it loud and proud, some day." She just tilted her head in a grin.

With a final pat, the girl stood and peered around the field. The lady Uridith was allowing the devil visitors again, but noone had gone over, yet, so...

Farensil spun on her heel and started off towards the great gold dragoness and her apparently-troublesome little egg. She gave a soft bow to Uri on approach and nodded towards the Devil. "Thought I might pay him a visit, since time-out's over. Thank you for tolerating and watching over us today." When she was sure she wouldn't offend the mothering dragon, she moved closer to the red Devil and gently lay her hand overtop its shell. "Hello, little one. I've said my greetings to several of your siblings, and thought you might like a visit, now that your mother's allowing it again." She cocked her head softly and felt a tune in the back of her mind, letting it seep through her thoughts as others like it had so often today. "Just relax and enjoy the day, alright?"  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:20 pm
Luiciand nodded at the egg, as gestures were habitual even when the creature could not see him. As he had been explaining to the Candidate Master what had happened and his mind was racing away, there had been a moment that connected the High Priestess distress with the Empress’ distress. Then it clicked. He’d had an “Oh, Oh, OH!” moment. With a light affectionate pat, Luiciand told the Epress Egg, “you’ll be great."

He turned and took a few steps only to stop at the Emperor Egg. “Your red sibling is quite insidious.” He told the egg. “You were right to be concerned as well.” Luiciand placed a hand on the shell softly. “Thank you too.” He was sure that there were those that were still sympathetic to the red egg, those who felt that it had been wronged, but Luiciand held no such feelings. He knew now to be wary of the dragon that hatched out of that egg.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:05 am
Demanthra felt the flicker of interest in what she had thought to the high priestess egg, causing her to feel a small burst of joy bubble up. She could feel that it wanted to know more about her and it made her feel good to know that. She caught what the little one had picked up from her so far.

I play all kinds of musical instruments and love to sing. I hate seeing people or creatures who are sad, so I try to cheer them up. Since I am one of the older kids in my family, I help around when my parents are busy. I hope to be as great as my parents and my older siblings, no matter what I do. Oh, speaking of siblings, I need to go meet more of them. Please enjoy all those who come to see you and I look forward to seeing you during the hatching,she continued. She gave a soft pat to the lavender egg, before walking over to the deep purple one right near by. Gently, the young woman put her hand on the judgement egg with a warm hello.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Teiha

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:54 am
With a soft, affectionate smile for the Empress egg, Karone bent his head and struggled to keep from laughing at himself. Of course she was still a babe. It was easy to forget, as some of the dragonets seemed so wise beyond their years. And this one, she deserved to be respected. She well knew her place as a leader of dragons and protector of her siblings, yet she was so sweet! He was certain that all of the upset earlier had been some sort of misunderstanding.

Being in a place of authority isn’t always easy, he said to her. Sometimes people don’t want to listen to you, even though you believe you are doing what’s best. I’ve had a little experience with that. The servants at my father’s hold always did what they were told. They didn’t have a choice. But my servant was different. I wanted him to be my friend, so I gave him his free will and treated him kindly. He doesn’t always listen to me, but he loves me and is loyal to me. Any other servant would leave the hold instantly with anyone who promised wages or better lodging.

He took a moment to give the Empress time to process his story, fondly stroking the golden shell. What I’m trying to say is, I believe in you. You already know how to love those you lead, and they will love you back and follow you anywhere. I’m certain of it!

--------------------------------------------------

Lenix was disappointed that the Magician egg had not really answered his question, but nodded. It didn’t owe him anything, especially after his dimglow introduction. It seemed like a nice egg, in spite of it all. So dragons had dreams, too. It gave him a warm feeling inside, realizing that they were a lot more like people than he had expected. “I hope you get to see your dreams come true,” he told the egg.

He held back his next thought, filing it away for sifting later. He was ready when it was his turn to touch the next egg, the Sun egg. He admired its lovely shade of blue as he petted it. “Your shell reminds me of the sky on a warm night,” he told it. He wasn’t so skilled with words, but he sent the dragonet a clear mental image of the darkening sky, with stars just beginning to wake up and show themselves, and the sensation of warm air just barely kissing skin as the breeze lazily winds its way by.

(Reposted Lenix’s last part, seems he may have been accidentally overlooked. Try not to be so dull next time, Len! razz )  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:22 am
Mallan smiled, the Tower Egg felt the same, ish, about the occasion, it made him feel relieved. He did get a little concerned at the feeling of it bracing itself against .... Well whatever came its way, no one here would dare, and your mother would shred any who tried, dragon rules or not he thought, sure, after his encounter with Uridith, that she would do anything to protect her babies.

He fought back the emotion bubbling up, realising what his mother sacrificed in running away when she was pregnant, trying to give him the best life she knew how, the truth of it all, really dawning on him. It was then he caught the almost, gratitude towards helping the little pink egg. "Thank you" he said to the Tower Egg, a small tear tracing down his cheek. "Even if it had meant I couldn't meet you or your siblings, yes, i HAD to, BECAUSE it was the right thing" he whispered to it, I couldn't very well claim to love dragons, if I wasn't even willing to help an unborn he reasoned, lingering just a little longer at the Tower Egg  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:32 am
E'ion had been watching the entire thing from the beginning, quietly studying the way each candidate reacted to the eggs. It was upon G'rdel's instruction that he stepped away, making his way amongst them. It was with slow, purposeful stride that he began to circle the Eggs. Before his first step amongst them, however, he bowed first to the dragons, and then to Lestenna and the Bronzerider. After all, he was a Greenrider, they were owed all due respect. It was to the Empress he flocked first, looking at the children around it, "Now, make sure you give the others a chance. You need to move on."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alumet had made a face at her brother's approach, but after a moment more of her hand on the Empress' shell, she rose, kissed his cheek, and turned, "I'll tell you more about it later." Cahlusi, as frustrating as he could be, was everything to her, after all. It didn't take long for her to make her way through the shells, shooting E'ion a small look before finding the next egg to say hello to. It was the Star Egg that next drew her, lithe fingers moving to press to the shell.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isilje smiled at the egg's kindness, humming to it for a moment before deciding it was time to pay attention to the one egg in the bunch that she hadn't dared yet. High Priestess was so nice and gentle, so kind and warm...but it was time to move on. Slowly, she got to her feet and made her way to the large golden shell of the Empress Egg So many people were greeting it, she knew, but she was glad to meet it, she told the pretty egg.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shiloh herself was lost for a moment. Her heart stopped as Death told her all about how it knew what she was feeling. Closing her eyes, she murmured a grateful 'thank you' before turning and making her way through the shells. It was time to go greet another egg, and she was content to reach out to touch the Fool Egg gently. She'd seen it try to go on an adventure earlier. IT reminded her of a dolphin calf.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:53 am
Rham decided it was time to move on. He'd stayed with this Moon Egg so long, but there were others that needed to be touched.

"Sorry beautiful egg. I need to move on and let other people meet you. There could be someone else to sing you your praises. Hopefully none as good as me, though.." He couldn't help but add that, wanting to be the one this egg responded to. But honestly, if not, he'd be okay with it.

And so he made his way over to The Tower egg. He put his hand against it's warm shell. "Hello."  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:15 am
He swore that he felt a faint flicker of appreciation from the egg for his silence, and Goran sent acknowledgement back, the feeling slightly fond. It gave him time to think, to collect himself after the almost overwhelming sensation of emotions and thoughts that were not his own. Silently, he thought thanks towards the egg before he pulled his palm away.

It was the small, near white egg that caught his attention next, and the large boy reached out to gingerly touch it. A little awkwardly, he sent a quiet hello to the Magician Egg, appreciating its confidence. It might have been smaller than its siblings, but that hardly mattered. Though, naturally, he felt inclined to look after people smaller than him, a dragon would be larger than he ever would.

Shells. There were a lot of people who were going to be excited to meet whoever came out of this egg, and all of its clutchsibs...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:29 pm
Teiha
Sorry for missing this earlier! Totally my bad.

The Sun Egg
The Sun Egg seemed enchanted by the visual it was sent. Delight and pleasure seemed to run throughout the egg. All of that because of its shell? There is nothing but bubbled up warmth and happiness beneath the egg. The Sun is glad to have triggered such a thought from Lenix, and seems to push closer against the others touch.

Nilah44

The Moon Egg
This egg would reach out to Rennati and give a gentle press back. This egg is doing well, now that all the hubbub has died down. Does it like its shell? Does it find it marvelous and wonderful? Does Rennati have a lovely shell too? What would the girls look like -- do tell The Moon in great detail!

demon_pachabel

The Moon Egg
The egg would give the impression of a laugh. Surely then Ichta need but pretend! Pretend to be the Weyrwoman on some shining dragon, or perhaps the Weyrleader himself. Pretend to be as big and brave as you wish to be, and maybe then one day it will be true. The Moon believes in Ichta, if the Candidate does not believe in herself.

BastetAmun

The Emperor Egg
The egg would give the impression of staring down the other, and it was not necessarily a good regard. The power within the egg would push out to Caderyn, a flash of its earlier anger and disapproval fully felt. A hard lesson learned, was it not? There is disappointment still within The Emperor Egg but it does give way to grudging understanding. Caderyn walked ever so willingly into a trap -- perhaps next time he will not be so foolish. Do not fail in this lesson, and learn from it, and heed it as a warning. Be the man you want to be, and not simply the toy of another, or so the egg would command.

The Star Egg
The bright orange egg would give the equivalent of a smile to Dorianus, and reach out with its tender touch. It would greet the other with all the gentility it had given the rest. It likes the egg it is next to, yes, but it also likes all the others, too. Which person does Dorianus like best? Is there one? There's a flicker of curiosity -- the Star would like to know.

Meepfur

The Heirophant
The egg would say nothing as it considered Nadry's words. There's nothing wrong with tradition, though it does seem as if your position is not in line with your mother's view. Be that as it may, this egg believes Nadry will find a role that suits her well, and may contentedness follow.

Revel1984

The Star
The egg would give a little flutter and share its hope in return to Rokar. Don't let the world bring you down. Shine bright, stand tall, and be strong. You too are deserving of happiness and joy, so says the little egg. Take it's strength and support, even if it has not much to give. They both deserve to be happy.

DruidTigeress

ShinosBee
Quoting you so parent can take note.

Nilah44
Quoting you so parent can take note.

The Sun Egg
He thinks it should!? Well, say no more! Even as Timor turns to the egg beside it, the Sun gave a mighty lurch, as if the creature inside wanted to be turned. Maybe a few more lurches would set it free? Perhaps The Star wold wish to go with it? Every time the egg lurched, the poor Sun Egg got a bit rattled as well.

The Star Egg
It gave a small lurch as the egg next to it seemed to push and shove. Hey! Be careful! It doesn't want to go anywhere, thankyouverymuch. Still, the objection was small and almost petulant. It also doesn't want to ruin The Sun's fun, either. Instead, it would grip onto Timor in its ever gentle way. It is doing well, besides having its poor egg pushed around by its eager sibling. Perhaps it could hold it still for a moment until the Sun settles? It doesn't want to cause Timor any trouble or have him go out of his way.

Ruhane Chiisai

The Devil Egg
It's displeasure and anger were quick to abate when Farensil touched its shell. There was still some sort of negative feeling beneath the surface but it was too faint to know what it might be. Ah, yes, finally. Someone brave enough to return to it. The egg would relax if only it had some company. Really now, it wasn't fair that it had been ordered away. Surely, this girl would not leave it so soon. Nobody else wants to love it now... Won't Farensil oblige?

faesinger

The Emperor Egg
The Emperor Egg would seem to do nothing, mulling (perhaps brooding) within its shell. Of course it was right, it seems to say so with confidence. But what will you do with this knowledge? It was almost too little, too late, and it had feared Luiciand had fallen into the bad eggs seduction. Do not thank the Emperor but learn from this pratfall, and use your knowledge to your companions benefit, or so the egg wold command.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

The Star Egg
The bright orange egg would reach out a tendril of pleasure as Alumet touched its egg. Of course, the Sun was still shifting and pushing, which meant the poor orange egg was fast becoming unstable. Oh dear. It wanted to give Alumet a proper greeting, but is afraid it might take a tumble. It's little position is precarious, and every jerk and lurch of The Sun meant its own nest of sand was becoming undone. Please forgive it for its worry -- it simply doesn't wish to roll!

The Fool Egg
Another visitor! Excellent! The egg seems to brighten with cheer at Shiloh's approach. What's a dolphin calf? Is it like an egg? Is it an egg that rolls a lot? Is it something else that rolls? Oh, do tell it about such things, hurry now! It wants to know. And what of Shiloh? Does Shiloh like to roll? Only the best eggs like to roll, you know. Don't listen to what others say.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:39 pm
Ichta smiled, though she wasn't sure if 'fake it til you make it' would work too well for her. But what would be the harm in trying? I think even a Wingleader would be nice, with a bold and impressive dragon that perhaps demands more attention than I do but likes that I don't mind being in the middle of everything. she thought back The Moon before she moved her hand from the rose shell and over to the brilliant blue shell of The Wheel of Fortune next to it.

Do you like the game your sibling has in mind for you? Do you like playing as well, little one? she asked. Or perhaps it wanted to be the parent in this case instead of the child. Or maybe it was just as much part of this game and what roles it played too.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:47 pm
Faren was smiling down at the devil when she felt its suggestion creeping into her mind, and somehow it made her feel lonely. Lonely like when her parents had-

She blinked away the thoughts and shook her head to clear it, putting on a smile until she could lose her conscious thoughts again. "You'll have someone to fawn over none but you very soon, you little devil. You must share with your brothers and sisters, until then." She chuckled softly, looking over the rest of the brood, then down at the beautiful, crimson shell. "I will hum a song for you, before I go. Perhaps someone else will come to talk to you before it's done."

She moved to the side a bit to make sure she wasn't blocking the egg's access and, leaving one hand against the shell, found another of those nameless tunes in the back of her mind. This one had been a lullaby her grandmother sang for her, but she still didn't know most of the words. Vague imagery of mythical animals from another world passed through her mind like they were fresh out of a coloring book to match the words for Autumn to May, but none of the animals seemed familiar to her, like they'd all been invented by some suessian author. Graceful water-wherries with long necks and vibrant orange beaks, squat, fat runners covered in copious amounts of cotton, and super-compact little flits without wings, tails, or claws, who thrived in water, among them.  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:52 pm
Rokar smiled and silently thanked the Star Egg for its kindness, but he had to leave it, to touch another, he wanted to touch all the eggs, then get out in case anyone decided to taunt him about his lack of voice, not that anyone had, yet, but he knew it would come eventually.

He moved away just a little, to the Sun Egg, wondering at its eager activity and hoped the dragonet inside didn't crack its shell too early, that would be very bad for it, perhaps it should try and calm down, just a little, so no one was hurt, or worse.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff