Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shattered Past: Rise of the Lost

Back to Guilds

A Story of Personal Conquest and Rediscovery 

Tags: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Magic, Stats, Literate 

Reply [金] The Iron Nationals [金] ► Tsukihara Region
鉄 Ikeinasu :: Hallowed Path [T/O] [Entrance] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:06 am
User Image
                                      tab Shea Fal'nevan
                                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx What is this [ someday? ] xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                      tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab And frozen in the footstebs untaken. we stand side bh side. What is it really, but a tomorrow or today?
                                      tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab And frozen in the footsteps untaken, we stand side by side.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

[I think it's fine for us to claim Setting up Camp and Choosing a Leader, since both were unanimous. That's +100 for each task. +200 for claiming the area.]

[x] As I stood up from digging another stone from the dirt and turned back toward the fire, I caught sight of Jean beyond it studying what I was doing. Then, with a flick of his wrist, a few other stones rose from the ground nearby and hovered to my steadily growing circle around the fire pit. I watched with a small amount of awe, almost dropping the stone I was currently carrying as I leaned forward slightly to get a better view. He could use yuunin? Why hadn't he said anything? No, wait. That's not what it was called here. It was a force I didn't know how to use called chakra. But apparently the Kokoro thought I had some sort of ability to utilize it because he gave me scrolls with techniques on how to lea--

That was my bag Jean was sifting through. Not that I really minded all that much, I just wished he would have asked first. I'd left it inside to keep it from getting wet in the snow, since there was paper in it. Still, I was greeted with a small twinge of annoyance before I pushed it aside and continued forward to the campfire.

Depositing my stone there, I approached Jean, slowly, so as not to spook him--although he was watching me so I supposed that wasn't the right word. "Could you... show me how to do that?" I stopped a good ten feet from him and searched for a reason why he should. Given our interactions thus far, it felt like I had to give him some sort of excuse for why he should help me. I wanted to keep giving him the benefit of the doubt, which meant going out of my way to keep on his 'good' side. Whatever that was. I wasn't even sure if that was possible, sheerly because of what I was to him. Except I could actually come up with a good reason. He'd probably think that teaching me to use 'chakra' would just give me another weapon, even though I'd made it clear I meant no harm. But I supposed that's how fears worked. "I used to be able to use all sorts of elements when I was... well, not here. It's weird, and unsettling suddenly not being able to use any of them." I rubbed my hands together both from nervousness and from cold. "Besides, I want to be more than just another mouth to feed here, and I'm not sure how to do that."

I clamped my mouth shut to stop myself from saying anymore and waited for his response. Assuming he gave me one at all.

tab .CHAKRA : 100 / 100 .STAMINA : 100 / 100 .STATUS : None
                                      tab .EXP : 910 [+400] .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : None .THOUGHTS : There's a lot of work to be done.
                                      ▀▀▀Suddenly I'm running slowly. Suddenly it all goes dark.

HeadlessKoko
                                      Lanfaer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:00 pm
User Image________________________________________Jean Coppelio Gogh
XXXX Male • Medium • 5'8" • 131 lbs
                                                                  "You took long enough." Jean spoke bluntly with false bravado, but in reality, his body shrunk away from Shea as he approached, even though the deer stopped more than far enough away.

In a sudden flash of inspiration, he imagined the deer of his nightmare but breathing fire. The elaborated upon recollection caused him to shiver violently, only for the trembling to be just as abruptly stilled. He'd already resolved to do this... How long ago? It felt like hours, but it was hard to say. He would just back out of it like this.

In consideration of a sudden wild animal attack, Jean hadn't taken out the chakra induction paper, but since he had been hoping for Shea to come over and ask him, he was prepared to just reach into Shea's bag and pull them out with hardly a glance. While he was at it, he also neatly returned the scroll with doton instructions into Shea's bag.

He could rag on Shea more, not so nicely pointing out how he had his priorities wrong and whatnot, but fear kept those words safely trapped. Thus, without any unnecessary rudeness, Shea just got his bag thrown into his chest before receiving the instructions he desired.

"Listen closely." Jean didn't want to repeat himself. "And don't misunderstand. I'm not a teacher." He was terrible at teaching anyone. Not to mention, neither ninjutsu nor the way a normal human body worked were hardly his field of expertise. "These tags in my hand react to chakra. If you do it right, then they should have a reaction that will tell you what your chakra nature is, or elements as you call it." A smooth explanation... if it weren't for the many holes in it. While it probably didn't make up for the lacking explanation, Jean did demonstrate, pulling a tag apart from the rest and charging his chakra into it as he stood up. In reaction, like he said, the paper turned into dirt and fell right out of his hands. "I currently have a single affinity for doton, or earth. Though, I have heard that it's normal to have two at the start." Jean walked over to and thrust the paper at Shea, standing at arms-length, of course. "Now, go. Figure out your chakra aff-... er.. element. Then, once you've figured it out, I'd suggest finally making use of what's in your bag. It contains instructions on how to manipulate every element."

There were many important details left out in what Jean just said. How was Shea supposed to identify his element by the paper's reaction? What were the elements? Nothing about the relation between different natures? Or hybrid natures? Did Jean forget that Shea has zero knowledge on ninjutsu and that his explanation basically just jumped into the middle of it all without even a proper definition of what chakra is?

Yes. Yes, Jean did forget. He wholeheartedly simply forgot that all of the above was necessary information for Shea, yet he looked down at Shea (from a safe distance and only for a moment before averting his gaze away from the antler) like he had just given a solid explanation for everything. The spoiled princess had never interacted with anyone other than mature and aging adults, created as he was at the end of days, so of course he was bad at this sort of stuff.

80/100 chakra
                                                                  . . .

Royal Taorito

Im the Girl one

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:15 pm
User Image
                                      tab Shea Fal'nevan
                                      tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab And frozen in the footstebs untaken. we stand side bh side. What is it really, but a tomorrow or today?
                                      tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab And frozen in the footsteps untaken, we stand side by side.

[x] If he didn't want to help me, he could have just refused. I wasn't trying to make him pity me--not that it would work anyway. But his brashness was starting to get to me, leaving me feeling uncomfortable. Took so long what? Trying to give us some warmth? Trying to make sense of a world I knew nothing about? My priorities were staying alive. I wasn't a fighter and, outside of being forced to learn, I never really should have been. Maybe this was his response to being scared or something. I was pretty patient, but I doubted other people would. His mouth was going to get him in trouble before long.

Before I got the chance to say anything, Jean threw the bag at me. It thumped against my chest, making me stagger back a step, but I caught it before it could drop. Holding it close, my gaze turned back to him as he spoke once more. He wasn't a teacher. That was fairly obvious, but I let it slide without comment. The pieces of paper he held out were meant to read a person's elements apparently. Elements? People had more than one? I was the exception to that where I was from. So what would it show then? If it was going off of birth element, then Lava. Or... Fire and Earth maybe? If I was basing it off of 'normal people' having two. Or I was just thinking too much about it.

Holding my bag with one arm I carefully took the papers from Jean, looking at them curiously. So touch didn't activate them. And chakra was an internal source of energy, not external like yuunin. So if I took some time to focus, I should theoretically be able to reach that pool?

After Jean's lack of any real explanation of how the papers or chakra were supposed to work he sent me away with every intention of leaving me to figure out the rest on my own. I sighed inwardly and my ears fell just a touch in some combination of disappointment and uncertainty. I stepped away. "Right. Um... Thanks..." I hesitated before going any further, and then left Jean alone altogether. I considered for half a sec asking Kaileer for help, but he was asleep and needed that sleep, since he seemed to be the only one of us actually capable of doing anything. Instead I returned to the bonfire and sat in its warmth to study the paper.

Setting aside everything other than one sheet, I closed my eyes just like in the forest and focused inward. If I had an idea of what chakra felt like it might have been so much easier to grasp at but without it I was searching blind.

tab .EXP : 910 [+400] .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : None .THOUGHTS : I'll just figure it out by myself.

HeadlessKoko
                                      Lanfaer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:36 pm
_______________The Maestro Stirs... ||

tab "I imagine, young one, that a little demonstration was closer to what thy mind desired," said a voice both old and young, calm and eccentric. A voice that came from beside him without any warning. There beside him, sitting upon the earth with knees beneath them, sat a figure dressed in thick blue and white robes that seemed to fit perfectly fine with the weather around them. Furred, with intricate embroidery upon the surface, the figure looked like some sort of ancient snow nomad with a hood pulled so far forward that only an inky blackness could be seen within it. Two hands, heavily tattooed with symbols and imagery that flowed up into the sleeves, were bronzed as one might expect from someone who lived under the sun or before the forge for most of their life. In one hand rested a single glass flower, a tulip perhaps, translucent and pure. Rolling it between two fingers the figure did not look up, instead simply continuing to speak in a quiet, calm, conversational tone. "Thy friend seemed quite taken with himself, and I would apologize in his place if thou wouldst have it."
tab Tilting the rose to the side in supplication and offer, the figure raised their other hand and twitched their fingers towards them, causing the multiple sheets of paper to pull into his grasp. No handsigns, no words, and yet action. "These so-called 'chakra papers' are little more than training tools, but useless if one knows not how to use chakra. Wouldst it be thy will for myself to teach thee the art of the Shinobi world, so different from thy own?"
tab As they spoke Shea might well catch that the world around them had come to a crawl, slow and methodical but still moving forever onward. Yet there were now shadows, things with grotesque, otherworldly shapes and sizes flitting between the trees, though for the moment there was no ill will to be sensed from them.

tab Slowly, carefully, there would come a touch at Kaileer's brow, a single light movement that stirred him from a dream filled with darkness and unknown, horrific monstrosities. Something without definition but horrifying all the same. And as he woke it would be to find yet another strange sight: a body clearly shaped like that of Fiorzia, but entirely made of one giant cabbage leave twisted and bent in unnatural ways until it formed a familiar face in an alien landscape.

Royal Taorito

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:02 pm
                                                                  Jean needed to look for a place to forge or some other sort of work space, any kind of work space. His hands were itching to make something. Fix up this place. Now that he had eaten and wasn't about to be eaten, he found his mind naturally wandering in such a direction. However, he was also determined to not leave until he saw Shea figure out how to handle his element with his own two eyes.

Though, just watching quickly became boring. In the meantime, Jean stood up and toured around the houses that were still within line of sight from Shea, looking to see if any of them had the requirements to become a forge, or even was a forge previously if he was lucky enough to find one. Depending on how long Shea took, Jean would even step over to the fire occasionally and briskly set a new log in the fire whenever it needed the extra fuel, meticulously keeping to the original shape of the blaze. Taking the occasional log from nearby to throw into the fire wasn't going to hurt his hands, and the group's only plan so far pretty much revolved around this fire.

Jean (and I) was unsure about just how searched these closest houses were. Did he find anything he could scrap for materials? Did he find any place suitable for a workshop? Or was he going to search further?

90/100 chakra
                                                                  . . .

Royal Taorito

Im the Girl one

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:36 pm
User Image

S I X T E E N C O U R A G E O U S W A R R I O R
K a i l e e r C e i n ' l y s
All I'm seeing is grey, and all I know is I've been dragged down again.
D - R A N K O A T H K E E P E R - B L O O D L I N E H A K E M O T O

I won't linger no more, I've been too long in my storm. I'll rise up and embrace the silence, and let peace find me again.

[x] There was a creeping cold despite the fire, and a heavy darkness filled with crawling things I couldn't make out. They wanted me to join them? Or maybe to save them... Regardless, the weight of it all threatened to crush me. It was suffocating, and all I could hear was their unintelligible whispers and the panic racing through my mind. With it came came a weird sensation that made me feel like I wasn't entirely sure I was asleep. I guess sort of that half-sleep state where you have no control over your body but are aware of the passage of time. And I was fairly certain not all that much passed before I was jolted? awake. Or at least the suddenness of the transition left me disoriented and not entirely sure where I was.

Cold ground, warmth radiating from a fire not five feet from me. Brightness from beyond the ruins of the room I slept in. Snow. Right, this wasn't the world I knew. Earlier that day--or at least I thought it was the same day--I'd woken and apparently hundreds of years had passed. I was in Iron Country for some reason, in the remains of Tsukihara. The world was in shambles and humans hadn't been seen in centuries. Nothing made sense. My head was pounding from exhaustion, but that was drowned out by the pain that lanced through my side as I moved even slightly, regretting instantly not finding something more comfortable to lay on. Though, to be honest, I'm not sure it would have helped. The bandages were helping stabilize my torso and remind me not to move too much, but that didn't change the fact that everything I did hurt, right down to breathing. I groaned weakly and laid still again.

Then I remembered something actually had woken me up. A soft touch to my forehead had stirred me to begin with. The rest of me just decided to overreact to it and throw me for a loop. Did that mean Fiorzia had finally woken? Thank the gods.

But when I opened my eyes to see for sure, I wasn't exactly looking at the sylph. Like... it was her in a weird way, but not, seeing as she was formed out of some sort of green leaf that reminded me of lettuce or cabbage. My view was upside down, and at first I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me or something, but when I sat up, the sight didn't change. "The hell...?" I tried rubbing the sleep from my vision, but again no difference. "Ah... Fiorzia, are you... alright?"

There was no way this was real. It would explain why I hadn't actually felt myself wake up. And it wouldn't have been the first time I had a dream inside of a dream. But this was by far the strangest that I could remember. Regardless, apparently I wasn't ready to wake up yet. Pushing myself the rest of the way to my feet, I placed a hand on my side to support it and headed outside in search of the others.

On the bright side, even though my ribs felt like they were stabbing me from the inside, it seemed like the pain in my joints had finally faded. So that was a plus I guess.

I've stopped running, I'm not hurting. I have my mind made up.

Counter | 36 / 200

Active Effects:
• Agility [5]: [.5] rank increase to physical speed.
• Power [5]: [.5] rank increase to physical strength.

Current Stats:
• Physical| Strength: + 0.5 x Speed: + 0.5
• Spiritual| Strength: 0.0 x Speed: 0.0
• Power [5] || Agility [5] || Intelligence [3] || Chakra [1]

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
• ???

Items of Note:
• Strange Katana

Lanfaer
HeadlessKoko
Im the Girl one

tab .CHAKRA : 250 / 250 .STAMINA : 315 / 315 .TRANCE : 10 / 10
                                          tab .EXP : 1425 [+400] .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : Bruised Ribs .STATUS : None.

Artwork and character © Royal Taorito.

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:28 pm
User Image
                                      tab Shea Fal'nevan

[x] Nothing was really coming from my attempts at drawing up this new energy, and I was on the verge of giving up on it, when someone spoke. It wasn't a voice I recognized from those I'd heard since waking, but was clearly directed at me. I opened my eyes and turned my gaze to the source, slightly alarmed by the closeness of it. Not like uncomfortably close, but that someone could have gotten so close in this snow without me noticing. A quick glance showed no footprints though, so how...?

The man who sat beside me wore heavy robes, meant for the cold weather and intricate in design. Thick fur lined it, concealing his face from my view, but despite this he held a calming aura that didn't raise my guard. I felt no threat from him. Despite his attire, though, his skin was darker, like mine. Like someone who had spent their lives in the sun, as most Beastlings did. He spoke in an archaic way, yet it was weirdly familiar for multiple reasons, including something to do with my past that I didn't delve into to avoid pain I knew would come with it.

In his hands he held a beauty of a flower. It looked like it was made of glass or crystal. Perfectly clear and probably as fragile as it looked. His gaze was on it as he spoke again. I gave a slight smile, almost nonexistent. "I appreciate it. I'm kind of used to it, though," I said softly, pulling my eyes away to glance at Jean, which is when I realized the world around me seemed muted. My brows furrowed slightly in confusion, and concern. But, again, I felt no threat. There was a figure where Jean was before, but it had no defining features. I turned my attention back to the robed man only to find he was offering the flower to me. As I gingerly took it from his grasp, careful not to drop it.

In exchange, with a wave of his fingers, the man took several pieces of the chakra paper from me. He explained that they were useless unless I knew how to use chakra, which I'd already figured out. He then offered to teach me how to use it, to which I quickly nodded. "I would be grateful. I'm so lost here. It's completely different from my home..." I glanced up again to pointedly look at the landscape, this time noticing the strange shadows passing between the trees. They didn't seem to be a threat for the moment, but I got the feeling that wouldn't stay the case. "Are...we safe here?"

tab .EXP : 910 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : None .THOUGHTS : I'll just figure it out by myself.

HeadlessKoko
                                      Lanfaer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:22 pm

User ImageUser Image

User Image

• And like all great winds,

there he was

-

A potent clamor ushered the arrival of his Majesty. Violent currents of air pulsed around his frame, a sudden manifestation of nature, one that follows this man — Deci, the Royal Tengu. Trees upon trees could be heard bellowing to the force of gale, each strike cutting deep atop of soiled ground. Destruction. Ah yes, a familiar scene. "Knock, knock, let the Devil in." Like the wind — Deci is there yet not there, a shadow — your closest friend and enemy,
                                                              your biggest fear.Towering 6"4, the regale male held his own; it was confidence. Confidence and a calming demeanor showered the Tengu, it was in the way he stood, in the way he looked. 'Twitch.' Cardinal orbs shifted left, then right — there was a nostalgic feeling about the location. Upon different worlds and universes, this place seemed rather off-putting, familiar but at the same time different, a distant memory, yet clouded by something — almost like an shattered past. "Academy..." Pain engulfed his countenance, something, or some memory tried to make way, however, only pain showed in its manifestation. Disregarding it, the Tengu made his first move; the once destructive wind came to a halt, following up with gentle strides that seemed ever so silent, you wouldn't have heard footsteps even from close by. "Forward, Deci Nurari."

Onyx hair shifted slightly, leaving room for crimson orbs to show. The day was quite young, then again it didn't matter to the Tengu whether it was morning or night, what mattered was one thing — his own progression. Now, atop of a tall tree, elongated onyx wings stretched outwards, bestowing the sight and traits of a Tengu. His stance, brimming with confidence; one leg over the other, however, his right leg firmly gripped the top of the tree, balancing himself. His arms crossed together, his mind steeled but still cautious to his surroundings. "And now, I wait for fate to call." Slowly, his mind fell into oblivion; sending himself into a blissful trance.

Quote:
                                                              Lanfaer

User Image  

Deci Nurari

Divine Master

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:42 pm
_______________The Maestro Stirs... ||

tab The figure in his robes that bespoke an understanding of the depths of winter turned his hooded gaze to Shea, yet this still failed to reveal just who the boy spoke with. Gesturing about to include the different figures about, including the strange muffled boom that came from somewhere distant, he placed his hands back upon his knees and turned to stare towards the rumbling that was being drawn out slowly, as if someone had slowed time itself. Finally the figure shrugged slightly and explained. "This world is experiencing what thy world wouldst call Melanoch, though in a much more perverse and raw manner," he began, his tone somewhat amused. "Once I would have enjoyed such festivities, joining in to explore the depraved depths to which a mind will retreat in the face of such truly nightmarish existences. Yet as long as my presence is here thou hath nothing to fear."
tab Raising one hand there came a light whispering as the air around them chilled, burned, and crackled as five bands of energy split into existence as colored lines that flowed around one another in a sphere, never touching, each outside of the other. These rings were colored, with the fire being red, the water appearing as blue, wind as green and earth as brown. The final was electricity as yellow, something Shea would remember to some degree as something he'd seen in his past. Each had its own elemental namesake as the band alongside the color, making them easier to recognize. As they swirled around one another, rotating calmly, he continued. "The magic of thy world exists as elements, as forces outside of the body. Thy will draws upon thy magic and forces the elements to thy design, making the magic of thy's world reliant upon the obedience of the natural world itself. Here, thou wilt find that the magic resides as an omnipresent force within thyself, coursing through thy veins as a twisting, mystical force. It comes in a variety of types, but these five are the base. Learn these, Shea, for they will be of greatest assistance to thee."
tab The five changed, twisting and turning, lengthening to become a pathway of lines that formed the human anatomy, or rather, Shea's himself. In his shape blue lines stretched out and formed the exact design of a Chakra network, not that Shea would know that yet. "Thy Chakra Network carries these mystical forces within thee, and through the use of the handsigns shown within the scrolls thou doth carry thou wouldst release thine own Chakra to form the desired result. Change the natural world, unleash blasts of energy..." Here yellow energy coursed through the 'limbs' as the 'body' moved, forming intricate patters with its fingers before thrusting out one 'limb' and unleashing a poof! of green air. "Create as thou wouldst. Magic here takes many form, Shea, and there are many rules and regulations that would take one generations to learn it all. But this serves as the basis for Chakra use. There are many ways of changing, fluctuating the chakra within animate and inanimate things, as I am sure thou doth now understand."

Royal Taorito

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:29 pm
User Image
_______________Lettuce Begin... ||

tab Outside Kaileer found himself in a strange surrounding: a graveyard, with ancient trees with knobby limbs made difficult to see beyond a silhouette due in no small part to the thick mist that filled the space between. Difficult was it indeed to see with three full moons above casting such a powerful light upon the mist that it glowed with an internal light, basking the landscape with twilit ambiance. Yet as he cast his gaze about it would alight upon a single figure who sat upon the top of a gravestone, thick robes draped across its frame making it difficult to see any defining features as his eyes focused upon them. Yet one aspect was quite obvious, a helmet that was clearly made from the skull of a stag decorated in hideous fashion due to the dangling objects that hung from each. Little heads, hearts and other shriveled organs and limbs that were clearly human at some point.
tab The figure began to raise its head as Fiorzia stepped up behind Kaileer, a tone of confusion and concern spiking into fear as her eyes alighted upon the monstrosity before them. Kaileer, what do you me-oh...oh no!" came the shocked whisper as she stared with drawn eyes expanded to their greatest. One leaf hand snaked out and caught Kaileer's in a tight grip as she gently pulled Kaileer back. "We need to get out of here before he sees us, Raikage!"
tab Yet it was at that time that Jean stepped out from one of the rooms he'd been searching recently, his eyes already searching for the next open building where, luckily, he would find a craft shop. Yet perhaps this would be stopped by the change in scenery that Kaileer had just found. Perhaps the mist would make it difficult to breath, to move as moisture beaded on his flesh. Maybe it was the cracking of a branch to his side, far too close for comfort, where if he would turn he would find something entirely frightening for a different reason. There would stand Jean in all his glory, that much was clear by the clothes, the hair and the eyes that were clearly visible. Yet it was what lay around them that perhaps would terrify him most. Wherever there was clear skin, wherever there was something exposed to the light of the moons there lay writhing, twitching, blinking moles that ceased their concerted effort to crawl around themselves to stare, unblinking, at Jean. From the writhing under the clothing it was clear another army lay beneath the clothing, though that, too, ceased as the figure continued to stare at Jean in horror.
tab
tab

Royal Taorito

HeadlessKoko

Quote:

Quote:

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:00 pm
User Image

I won't linger no more, I've been too long in my storm. I'll rise up and embrace the silence, and let peace find me again.

[x] "What the hell...?" I repeated as I stepped through the doors leading outside. The house I'd taken my nap in was still there, but otherwise the world beyond had changed. I found myself looking at a graveyard, filled with a mist that caused light to dissolve into a blinding aura, coming from... three moons? What? Regardless, it was hard to see through, and I was forced to shield my eyes in order to actually get an idea of what was going on with everything else. Countless gravestones dotted the sickly forest before me, the trees devoid of any life, branches stretching out like claws against the sky. They caused long shadows to reach toward me threateningly, and if it weren't for the fact I already believed I was in a dream, the things I could swear were moving in those shadows would have had me in a panic. I could only see them from the corner of my eye, though. A gaze turned toward them revealed nothing but the darkness. Maybe I was just being paranoid, which was a feeling that was becoming all too familiar to me and I didn't like it.

These things only concerned me briefly, however, as I realized I was actually being watched. The figure was huge, almost hulking though it may have just been the robes that covered its body that made it look as such. Atop its head it wore the skull of a stag like a crown or helmet, its magnificent racks at least three feet in length each and mimicking the trees that surrounded us. Hanging from the 'branches' were various shriveled organs, and even heads that made me uneasy. I had stomached a lot of sights over the years, but this was a new one.

As its head rose to look at me, I heard Fiorzia speak behind me, fear lacing her tone. Wait, she spoke? In her own voice... but how did I know it was her? A leafy hand wrapped around mine, grasping me tight enough I'd have to pull hard to break free. I was yanked backward, almost protectively. Leave before he sees us? So it was male. I was fairly certain we'd already been spotted, and her whisper even in the silence was likely audible to him. Still, she had a point. I wasn't in any condition to be fighting, which is exactly what would happen by the sounds of it. I shifted my grip, grabbing a hold of Fiorzia instead and maneuvered around her back inside the house. I grabbed my sword belt and the sylph blade from the shelf where I'd left them and led the way quickly through the building. I recalled a broken window in one of the back rooms that we could slip through. And that's exactly what I did, helping the sprite out if she needed it.

Since I was convinced all of this was a dream, I wasn't too concerned about the well-being of the other two. And if this somehow wasn't, all I had to go off of was the hope that they were fine, since they were nowhere in sight. "What the hell was that thing?" I hissed over my shoulder to Fiorzia, glancing back at her, cautious about being too loud. I was still no closer to figuring out why she looked like a cabbage but there were more pressing issues at the time. Not to mention all of the movement had my abdomen seething with pain with every breath. I used a hand against my side to support it as best I could, but it also meant I was moving slower than I would have liked as I weaved around trees in an effort to put distance between us and the robed figure. I hadn't seen it make a move to follow but that didn't mean anything. Just to be sure, though, I stole a glance back the way we'd come.

Counter | 37 / 200

Active Effects:

Current Stats:

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
• ???

Items of Note:
• Strange Katana

Lanfaer
HeadlessKoko
Im the Girl one

tab .EXP : 1425 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : Bruised Ribs .STATUS : None

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:23 pm
                                                                  In the Pursuit of Beauty

One Jean would come upon the very thing he was looking for. Terribly, embarrassingly shabby condition, but it would be a start, nonetheless. For creating a workplace, he was willing to get dirty for, so Jean wasted hardly more time than was needed to get a good look at what this place needed before rolling up his sleeves and getting to work. The first order of business, of course, was to search through and clear out all the debris, decide what could be salvaged and what would need to be thrown out.

How About No?

His steps felt heavier. His breath became colder. The increase in humidity was not only palpable, but immediately so. Something was off, and it stopped Jean in his tracks. He shot a gaze around. Immediately, it was to Shea. To make sure that he wasn't going to lose him. Shea remained seated and fine, but the world around him had completely changed. The world around Jean was no longer a deceptively lovely winter wonderland with quaint abandoned houses giving the land a sort of desolate beauty. Now, it creaked and rattled with the ambience of death, the bright snow nowhere in sight, revealing the ugliness of decay beneath it. No, that wasn't the only case. For the houses, certainly, that might have been all that was needed, but all of the plantlife in the area had been evergreen. They should have been green and alive, not leafless and crackling like they were now. It was as he surveyed the nature of these changes in nature that a particular distinct crack came from the other side, and Jean, falling for the trap, whipped his head to see what was the cause.

It was... It was... utterly disgusting. Those hideous moles, everywhere, and not just anywhere everywhere, but on his very own body. Shocked beyond belief, Jean staggered backwards as he looked at the horrifying visage. The him on the other side moved as he did, the environment so alike to his own that Jean clutched his own body and looked down to see if maybe this was what had happened to him, but no. Looking down at his own body, he was still himself. He didn't have those repulsive blemishes wriggling and moving across his skin, like worms that burrowed deep within, an army of-

"EUGH!" the image was too much, and furious that his own appearance was being blemished in this way, he snarled at the him on the other side who, like he, was raising a hand in fury. Ugly on the outside, and he knew better than anyone that inside he had no redeeming qualities for any sort of inner beauty. How dare... How dare they mock his form?! Infuriated, Jean struck his disgusting reflection with everything he had. Thin threads floated out from between his clothes, intertwining into several tendrils that then speared with B-rank force at his reflection. At the same time, Jean clenched his raised hand into a fist, the motion [13 free posts to learn up to B-rank Jiongu Tendrils]

50/100 chakra
                                                                  60/100 stamina

Formless Jiongu Tendrils

Tsuchi Soujuu [Earth Manipulation]
                                                                  Description: This control allows the user to bend stone and soil. Not only can it take any form the user desires, but it can also be shifted around as if it were a part of their own body. It should be noted that one can only manipulate earth that is naturally occurring, as it is present almost everywhere. Additionally, any earth that is being freely manipulated is not very strong, and can be broken or blown away as if it were completely natural. It should be noted that techniques can be made smaller while retaining their rank.
                                                                  Rank E: Very small amount of earth [a pebble].
                                                                  Rank D: Small amount of earth [a rock].
                                                                  Rank C: Medium amount of earth [a boulder].
                                                                  Rank B: Large amount of earth [a stone slab].
                                                                  Rank A: Very large amount of earth [a small hill].
                                                                  Rank S: Massive amount of earth [a large hill].
                                                                  • Requires [5] posts to learn, but is not required to learn other Doton techniques. Receives no reductions.
                                                                  • The amount of earth that can be manipulated is limited to the user's experience rank limit [at E-rank can make up to C-rank, D-rank up to B-rank, etc.]
                                                                  • Manipulated earth loses any modifiers, and is beaten by techniques of the same rank, or one rank lower against lightning.

Royal Taorito

Im the Girl one

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:51 pm
User Image
                                      tab Shea Fal'nevan

[x] Evidently we were safe for the time being, which wasn't particularly comforting. What was happening was like our celebration of Melanoch, or as similar as the scariest day of the year could be. Though how this man knew anything about it was beyond me. Maybe because he was basically a figment of my imagination? A well informed figment for sure if he know about this world, too. Whether or not this man was made from a memory of mine, I had no way of knowing either, since, well, I could hardly remember anything.

I couldn't really agree with him that anything involving the nightmares of Melanoch was enjoyable though.

Wistfulness aside, we were safe for now, and he was there to teach me. It was a welcomed lesson, if I had any intention of surviving in this place where the laws of nature were different than anything I knew. He showed me five elements that reminded me of home, though my wheel only had four primary elements. Fire, water, earth, wind, and what I guessed was something similar to lightning. The energy it emitted felt familiar, though I couldn't place why. Just as I'd figured out before, the magic of chakra existed almost solely within the body, whereas yuunin came from an external pool, provided by the Kreshinian who ruled over that realm. Without Her, the Sources would die, and, with it, life itself. That's how ingrained our magic was. I had no idea if chakra was a life force like that, but I couldn't help feeling it acted similarly. Just... on an individual level.

I hid a small scowl of frustration as I realized, yet again, I remembered a lot more information than I knew I had. Especially for my apparent age.

The orbs he held twisted and lengthened until a likeness of myself formed before my eyes and, with it, a series of lines that spread throughout the body. This was the charka network that existed, I assumed, in everyone, and was the source of the mystical energy. With the image, the man provided me with part of the puzzle I think I had been missing until that point, and that was an explanation of hand signs. I'd already seen them used a couple of times since waking, but as far as I knew they were just weird gestures. In truth, if I understood correctly, they helped channel chakra, making it easier for even someone like me to figure it out. Though if every spell had a different set, that was going to make it tricky to remember.

"I... think so," I answered after a brief hesitation. It was kind of weird. I understood how it was meant to work, but at the same time didn't understand it at all. Though I felt that that may have been the result of what I knew was my older mind trying to work at the pace of the mind of my twelve-year-old self. My gaze drifted to a bit of grass on the ground beside me, the snow having been melted away from it thanks to the fire's warmth. At one point, I'd been able to tear great swaths of vines from the ground to use for defense, and had even discovered how to change them just enough to set them ablaze. It was almost painful not being able to interact with even a single piece of grass. "What about plants?" I looked back at the robed figure, hand subconsciously going to the collar around my throat. At least I'd kept it and my headband; they were two of my most prized possessions, aside from the amber amulet that hung from my neck. "Where I'm from, those of us that weren't warriors focused on healing and growing plants. I was never very good at healing but the grass always seemed to follow me."

tab .EXP : 910 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : None .THOUGHTS : I'll just figure it out by myself.

HeadlessKoko
                                      Lanfaer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:37 pm
User Image
_______________Lettuce Rejoice... ||

tab Fiorzia followed behind Kaileer maintaining his speed with slight difficulty now that her feet were not only solid but leaf shaped. There was no grip, so every step slid around just a bit as she adjusted for better grip and speed. It would noticeably slow them down for Kaileer, who was clearly struggling in his own way from the damage dealt to his ribs. As they came out behind the building the sylph opened her mouth to speak, only to be interrupted by a rapid staccato of steps from above as something large, and heavy, skittered across the roof with incredible speed. There came a hiss from above, and as she turned she would catch a set of glowing silver eyes within the mask of the man who had been watching them before. He was crouched on all fours above, and his mouth was wide with intrigued desire. Not another moment passed as the clinking of chains filled the air a moment before a tall, wife tombstone came crashing down in the earth a few yards ahead of Kaileer.
tab The tombstone, tied tight with a chain, bore only a single name: Shuhan. A title he knew well, but not a sight he would be familiar with. Still, the shockwave sent a large amount of dust and snow up from the collision, and a quick look would show that in one meaty, large fist the creature on the roof carried the other end. It froze, watching with hungry delight, for their reactions to take place.
tab

Royal Taorito

HeadlessKoko

Quote:

Quote:

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:52 pm
User Image

[x] He wasn't following behind us. Much worse, he was following above us, and he was fast, much faster than the pair of us, who were slowed for a variety of reasons. Before Fiorzia even had a chance to respond to my question, the skull-bearing monster of a man was on top of us. Glowing silver eyes stared down from the otherwise dark rooftop, and equally bright grin spreading slowly across the masked face. I instinctively pushed the sylph behind me, backing up several paces as I shifted my new blade into a proper grip in my hand. Hopefully this thing could actually do something and wasn't just for decoration.

However, moving away wasn't an option either. As I took another step back, something slammed into the ground not more than a couple of feet to my side, sending dirt and chips of stone flying. I immediately pulled Fiorzia away from it, using my larger frame to cover her as best I could. I hated looking away from the threat above us, but if something else was attacking I needed to know. I made a brief glance in the direction of the object, and then had to do a double take when I realized what it was. A large tombstone was practically embedded in the ground from the sheer force and weight behind its drop. How it was thrown was beyond me; it must have weighed at least ton--

My eyes widened slightly, gaze fixed now on the slab of stone. A chain extended from the top of it, stretching up and back toward the masked giant. What set the last piece of the puzzle, though, was the word carved upon its front. Shuhan. While there was many a man that had called me by that name at some point over the course of about a decade, only one had wielded a one ton weapon attached to a chain. "Wan...?" The name escaped my lips before I could stop it. Even if I was by chance wrong about my assumption, I was in no state to fight a full grown Stragari man. It had taken me years of prior training to become strong enough to take them on.

I'm in no state to fight in general. The thought shook me from my stupor. Regardless of whether or not this was a dream, I didn't want to find out the truth by getting hit with a weaponized gravestone. I needed to get away. Sucking in a deep breath--which sent a lance of pain down my side, almost causing me to lose that breath--I scooped the leafy Fiorzia off of her feet, her incredibly light body made only lighter thanks to the current material she was made of. With a quick glance to make sure the giant hadn't yet gotten closer, I took off running once more in the clearest direction, which might have been north given the ground was sloping upward. Ignoring the burning. Counting my steps to force myself to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Why was he here? How was he here? I was there; I watched him get crystallized. He'd been over the age of sixteen, the curse's age limit. So he should have been dead. But then, this world had been cruel so far. Why would it not try to use that which I held dearest against me?

Counter | 36 / 200 [Paused]

Active Effects:

Current Stats:

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
• ???

Items of Note:
• Strange Katana

Lanfaer

tab .EXP : 1425 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : Bruised Ribs .STATUS : None

[金] The Iron Nationals [金] ► Tsukihara Region

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces