Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[ORP] A Springtime Surprise! [Hatching!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:39 pm
Edging through everybody, Tarnaria tried to get in a good position to look at the eggs. She bit her lip, straining to hear. It was hard, though, over everybody. She paused when she noticed Jacqoul, remembering her from P'tius' vague description. He'd said she'd be there, being a Western candidate now, which would put two of his siblings at Western Weyr. Her attention was soon back to the eggs, though, trying to see them properly.

P'tius shook his head at all the candidates, then went to find a spot to watch. A good and far spot. It didn't take him long to spot his sister, amid the group of candidates. There were a lot, between the two Weyrs, for the hatchlings to pick from. He just wondered, how would things divide up between them? Would it be an even split? Would more go to one Weyr than the other? Time would yet tell.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:40 pm
Ticene, High Reaches Candidate

Honestly, she had barely even registered the other candidates. She should really. Some of the other candidates seemed to view it as competition. Ticene hadn't really been there long enough to for that idea to set in. Maybe once she'd failed to impress a few times that would take root for her.

It was hard not to notice the girl running over to her. Surprised, but not threatened Ticene grinned in response. Excitement was infectious after all. "Well, hi there!" the candidate chirped back. "I'm Ticene, and sure why not?" Ticene made no effort to resist the other girl as she was drawn across the sands. It would be nice to have people to enjoy the event with. Maybe it would lessen the sting if she failed to impress. Speaking of...

"Hey, looks like they're ready to get this show on the road."

Tsunake
Thank you so much

((Sorry for typos, phone post))  

The_Muffin_Puppy

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:58 pm
Elyk - High Reaches Candidate

He pondered briefly over the possible reasons the other man could have for not taking hold of the hand that was offered. Midais certainly didn't come across to him as the rude or snobbish type so the redhead must have his reasons... Pulling his hand back to his side, Elyk gave some thought to the question that was posed before giving his answer.

"A bronze will be nice since almost all the dragon riders I know personally have managed to impress one. However, I think what's even more important is that we'll be able to get along. The colour doesn't really matter. How about you..?" Glancing at the eggs in the sand, he arched a brow when he thought he saw some of them shaking. "Is it just me or are some of them eggs beginning to hatch now?"

stella cinere

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:02 pm
W'dre of Bronze Dormith

As Susurinth's humming seemed to grow louder, so did the bronze's in respectful echo. If she felt they needed extra encouragement, he would offer it. Besides, his rider was still brushing all the sand off of himself.

And neither were going anywhere anytime soon.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:55 pm
Rylyrr

He paused thoughtful and looked at the vast expanse of sparkling water which had to be deliciously cool and then back to Akaris. "Do you think there might be a chance for us to get in a swim before returning?" Rylyrr was also suddenly very grateful his darker skin made it so much harder for him to burn. Some of them were going to burn spectacularly.

"If I don't perhaps you can attempt to cart me off to Western," Rylyrr teased lightly, letting their joined hands swing. "I would visit you the moment I safely could... and we could see each other during candidate exchanges." He probably could managed to sneak out there or at the very least, perch on the rim of the stands and just simply be there ... perhaps chat.

Meepfur
Akaris

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:00 pm
Aly'on

Aly'on chuckled and nodded, looking over the bronze. "He is rather lovely and I'm sure matches you perfectly," He said with a bit of a smile and swung the newly packed back up and over his shoulder.

"Mmh, want to say this would be 12 turns?"Aly'on mused, had it truly been so long that they had came to the weyr and time certainly wasn't slowing down. "Do you have anyone among the candidates?"

Dizzy_Kat
P'rell & Veniath - HR

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:18 pm
Ashlyn was here! And so was mom, Ionan was sure. They were safe, absolutely safe. Nothing wrong could happen, not today. "Now we know everything will go our way," he said. Family was his comfort zone, where-ever they were, was the place he could be himself with no fear.

"I think that one will be a blue," he pointed to a purple colored egg. "And maybe the one next to it will be a brown. Do you think you'll Impress, Kinye?"

~~~

Marinel had been so intent on the eggs he'd hardly noticed Jarah arriving until he heard his name. He looked up and smiled. "Hey," he greeted. "Look! The eggs are wiggling! Ommie, look. Did that one just crack? The touching last time was nuts, I'm glad we didn't have to do that again this time. But which one do you think speaks most to you? And be careful, don't pick the wrong egg."

They all knew what would happen if they picked the wrong egg. Dolly had. Dolly'd nearly died. But he'd Impressed, and maybe he would this time. "I like that one," he gestured vaguely. "It's a nice color."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:03 pm
Western Candidate, Jarah

Jarah smiled at the other boy standing with Mari and offered a wave. "Hiya," he said pleasantly. "I'm Jarah. What's your name?"

His attention was divided then as the eggs began to wibble and wobble and shake. "It's starting," he breathed, then grinned at both other boys. "Which one do you think will hatch first?" he asked of them. One of the eggs cracked, he could hear it, but he didn't see which one was beginning to come into the world.

He tried to see which one Mari gestured to but he couldn't figure it out. "Which one?" he asked him. "I like the look of that pale green one with the duck on it," he grinned.

Thaliawen
Mari~
magnadearel
Omurntas~

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:16 pm
Iathe - High Reaches

Iathe nodded grimly, not at all pleased with the prospect. However, she was pleasantly surprised that Martirae continued to prove herself as a smart, level-headed individual. Most people weren't. "Faranth forbid that we were dealing with Threadfall, ourselves." She winced when the girl brought up the mention of Fort--a possibility that Iathe hadn't considered. "Shards, I hope not. If they thought a candidate death was bad, I don't think most of the people here will be able to handle the death of a dragonet."

A familiar voice rang out, and Iathe actually grinned as she turned to face Roana. Of course, it vanished with shock when she was picked up and hugged, looking a little flustered even when she was set down. "And you're just as subtle as always." She managed to tease back, a little surprised at how nice it felt to see her again. They'd butted heads during the Touching, but the Hatching had brought them together. "I suppose, but as cruel as it sounds, we need every dragon we can get." And there were plenty of people to go around. Iathe didn't like it, but that was the harsh truth.

A small crack made her head jerk around, but it was impossible to tell which egg it had come from. "Let's hope it's uneventful." She muttered.
demon_pachabel

Sinders Path

--

Alya - Western

Oh, lovely! Rio had an excellent eye, for this girl was just as adorable as the last! Alya happily tugged her back over to their little spot, just in time to catch the tall boy's name. "Charmed!" She chirped, releasing Ticene's hands to give Rio a wide grin, bouncing on her heels. "We're back! This is Ticene, and that's Esfir!" She beamed at each of them, delighted for the chance to meet new people. "I'm Alya!"

Just then, she heard a hush fall over the crowd, and she twisted with delight to look at the eggs. Nothing yet, but something must have happened! "Just remember!" She whispered. "Rio and I are good luck charms, so you're bound to Impress! We have lots of experience!"

Lots being one hatching, but it was the thought that counted. Besides, Alya was feeling lucky anyway!
The_Muffin_Puppy
Not a problem at all! <3

DaisyMilk

Meepfur

BastetAmun

--

Lauthisen - Western

A brow quirked before he offered a ghost of a smile in return. "Lucky, then. You're just in time. Western." So they wouldn't see each other again, unless it was on the sands. She seemed remarkably calm for having only been a candidate for a week before being whisked off to some deserted island. Even those who had been here for Turns couldn't quite suppress their nerves upon realizing that today might be the day that they found their dragon. For Lauthisen, it was as easy as knowing that it was going to happen. Maybe not today. Maybe not even this Turn. But it would happen.

The crack caught his attention, and he turned to focus on the eggs with interest. "I don't know how much you've learned," He said absently, "But don't get in their way. If they're supposed to be Yours, you'll know." All too often, eager candidates tried to intercept the young dragons--only to get mauled, or worse. And sometimes, they sought you out for mauling.

The Spooky hatching was a good reminder of that.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:33 pm
Martirae

"Ah yes, the Touching where many behaved very poorly - candidates and mother alike - at the point where eggs are most...susceptible to outside influence. I'd say the candidates are at fault for that blood."

Roana was a face that Martirae tangentially knew - she had, after all, been living in Western's candidate barracks for almost 6 turns now. Still, to be greeted as though she was a near stranger did cause a certain layer of ice coat over her heart. But Marty was hardly the pleasant sort to begin with. "Martirae of Western," she introduced in turn, her voice lacking a certain warmth it had before.

As long as she didn't get picked up, she'd thaw back out quickly enough.

"We shall see if they learn from this or not. Truly, if the incident repeats itself we may find our Weyrs less....forgiving in the future," though as Iathe had said, they did need every dragon they could get. It was the reason why what felt like a hundred young faces had been brought out to an island on last minute's notice; Thread, where twenty dragons could and would make a difference.

However, the dragons that weren't currently in eggs were beginning to grow noisier and the growing hum drew her attention back to the eggs where the sound of a small crack and the growing activity of the eggs was growing interesting.

"Soon we'll see if this clutch was worth stirring us up."

Tsunake

Sinders Path

----

Kinyegele

With family all around, Kinye and Ionan were most certainly the safest children on the sands! Still, as the eggs began to wiggle, she stiffened anxiously. "Oh, I hope we get to meet them soon!" she whispered, leaning into her brother as he started speculation on which egg would be what color.

"Maybe! I mean, it depends, I guess. On the dragon." But that was always the case, and why Demanthra had stood as long as she did - though it didn't feel like it had been that long either.

"Maybe there'll be a nice green for me?" That would have been nice, but she wasn't going to hold her breath.

Thaliawen

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:01 pm
Akaris

"I don't see any reason anyone would object to that! If we don't Impress, we might as well get to enjoy ourselves and cool off." Who knew how long they'd be out here? By the end of this, the water was bound to look even more inviting than it already did.

Akaris giggled at his suggestion that she cart him off to Western. "That's not a bad idea! I wonder if anyone would object to that?" If High Reaches wouldn't want him as a candidate anymore, anyway, then what was the harm? Maybe she could ask A'ral, or R'mor. Which one would she have a better chance with, she wondered? Or Junenth? Hmm... "A couple of your aged out people who came to help at the last Hatching did Impress, so there's always that."

Shaddaling

Rio

"As long as the games are harmless, I've no objections," Rio mused. Playful and even mischievous hatchlings were fine and fun and adorable; hatchlings who found delight in ripping into people, not so much. He would happily stand out here in the sun for hours to wait for teasing eggs to crack, so long as violence didn't ensue. One could hope.

"Rio," he offered his name and hand in kind to Dorianus, just as Alya came bounding over with the girls she'd scooped up and made sure everyone was introduced...and that their properties as good luck charms were known, eliciting a laugh and a wink. "It's a pleasure to meet you all."

BastetAmun

Tsunake

DaisyMilk

The_Muffin_Puppy

Talis

"Don't get in the way of a bundle of teeth and claws?" One eyebrow quirked, her smile twitched a tough wider, and her tone turned to dry amusement. "You mean I can't pet them? I'll do my best to contain myself." The humor behind the sarcasm was good-natured; she'd taken no offense to his advice, meant nothing but helpfully, and she appreciated the thought. But humor came easily, especially when she was uneasy. A way to deflect, and cope, and minimize whatever the problem was. By this point, it was as natural as breathing, even if she wasn't uncomfortable...though she wasn't, at the moment, heat aside. She would take potentially aggressive hatchlings over the mines any day (not that she had any experience with hatchlings yet, but she was reasonably confident in her preference regardless).

"If I had to hazard a guess," she speculated, gathering the fabric of her hand-me-down robes in her fingers to flick the haphazardly-patched section below the knees out for emphasis, "Whoever wore these last was in someone's way. Or else a baby had a taste for fabric. I hope it was the latter."

Tsunake

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:03 pm
Jagmund

The Candidate had been mostly unnoticed, having been hiding his pale complexion under Dormith's wing, until some of the eggs appeared to move. With excitement he would have normally considered childish, he emerged from the bronze dragon's shelter and started shuffling closer to the nest. Well, as close as he would dare and could among the giant crowd! This was not a standard Hatching at all, and Jagmund couldn't help but feel the tiniest doubts about the whole situation. No one had gotten to Touch these eggs, how were they supposed to know anything about them? And would they be foolish and silly like their mother? Not that he would let that thought escape into the wild in case he offended her or his future partner. Ahh, perhaps his dream of Impressing a handsome bronze would be fulfilled yet!

He also didn't want to get too close too fast since he still bore the scars of his last Hatching. It had been... brutal. He still dreamed about the blood and the pain, not to mention the death of one of the Candidates... he refused to admit that he had been affected, after all, he had been to other Hatchings... but none that had been that eventful... that violent. If he moved a certain way, he could feel the scars gently tug against the healthy skin. He considered oiling them like he would a dragon, to see if that would help.

He returned his focus to the eggs. Hello, little strangers, welcome to the world!  

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:23 pm
Rylyrr

"By the end, I think we might just need a dip to not smell," he admitted looking at the clutch. Hot sun, hot sands, and while the robe was thin, he had pants underneath so it was not as cool as it could be. "Depending on how long the eggs take to hatch." He glanced over at them.

The queen was humming but it didn't look like the clutch was moving yet. "My brothers might but they might not.... I haven't really thought about what I would do if I age out." Maybe return to the hall and pick up dance again. "Guess we will just see what happens."

Meepfur
Akaris

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:33 pm
Dorianus(High Reaches Weyr)

A voice speaking up suddenly again pulled Dorianus' eyes away from the males just as he was about to give his name and then shake his hand. Grey eyes landed on the female as she was leading another girl over to them and he kept himself from raising his eyebrow. Seemed it had become a gathering spot, perhaps these people had thought he seemed lonely and wanted company? He wasn't going to push anyone away, he was trying to get better on how he reacted and treated others.

His eyes looked over the girls as they were introduced, seeing Alya bouncing on her heels, a bright smile on her lips. He nodded his head to her, finishing shaking the boy's hand, Rio. "It is nice to meet you all." There was at least one face he knew was a candidate from High Reaches.

A small chuckle escaped him as Alya said that she and Rio were good luck charms. He was sure that if he was foolish enough to believe in luck, he would be wishing for just that, but he found it amusing at least. "Well, if that's the case. May your luck make this hatching safer then Western. I was not there but, I heard the stories." He had also seen those who had been brought back battered and bruised. His arms crossed over his chest as he turned his attention back to the eggs.

"What do you think will hatch first?"

Meepfur

DaisyMilk

The_Muffin_Puppy

Tsunake

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:03 pm
Raelin (High Reaches)

"Yeah." The clipped tone made it sound like his obviousness was a bad thing. Like the dragonets would pick up on that and refuse him on principle. "I'd stand straighter," Raelin advised, rubbing the last bits of lotion away form her hands before she went back to crossing her arms. "And be calm. The hatchlings will be bombarded with things when they--"

She paused when one of the eggs lurched and came to a stop. Was that the sound of something cracking?

"--when they come out," Raelin finished. "So anything can happen."

Rhea Izar
triton

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out