Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Zenobiath's Hatching] In Their Eyes Shine Stars Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:03 pm
Kinyegele

Oh! It had been so close!

Please come say hello...if you want to! Kinye bid to the Santa Egg that kept changing it's mind as to if it was ready to come out or not. Even if it didn't want to be hers, she wanted to give it their dues. Of course, she was not so important to every baby, but...

It had been nice. And it had meant something.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:05 pm
“Maybe his mom’ll help,” Ionan said. Their mother had always helped when they’d had a fright. The gold seemed to be giving him attention, in any case. That was good. “I guess so. Demanthra and I fight sometimes.” Like when she’d caught him singing the shanty T’rin had taught him... “She was scarier than any dragonet!” He grinned at the memory.

“That one keeps moving!” He pointed to the Santa egg. “Maybe it’ll come next!”

demon_pachabel
Dea and #Teddy#
Ionan thinks his sisters can be scary.

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:12 pm
Ara (Western) - she/her

Ara hardly knew where to look. There was a blue! And a green! And another blue! And, oh Faranth the brown and the bronze were fighting! She looked at their mother in mute appeal for the gold to put a stop to the incipient violence, but she didn't expect anything to come of it. It was...not what she had expected a hatching would be like, though.

The graceless blue was a bright spot. He was clearly a good-natured, cheery creature, if uncoordinated. She found that by thinking about him it was easier not to feel moved to tears by the sight of two newborns willing to attack each other. Drudges didn't interact much with dragonriders, and so they knew little and less about them, but nothing she'd known before coming to the Weyr covered the possibility that the infants would do anything more than hatch and go straight for their bonds. She did not remember being told that unbonded dragons might fight each other before they Impressed, or much of anything from her lessons at Western Weyr, really.

Wait, what flashed in the bright red egg? She remembered that the dragon inside the egg had talked to her when she touched its shell, and been so kind. Was it possible she'd been spoken to by an unhatched gold? The thought made her feel a little lightheaded.
_____

Tonori (High Reaches) - he/him

It was more difficult for Tonori to pay attention to all the hatchlings moving about on the sands now. The two largest were occupied with each other, so far not posing a risk to the candidates. The first blue had sorted himself out somewhat and was moving through them with determination, though with minimal awareness of his own limbs. Another blue seemed distressed by it all, and then there was the green.

He decided that the moving blue and the green were likeliest to be reasons he'd have to move out of the way and angled his body so that he could keep both of them in view, which meant more shuffling around because of the blue's movement. Despite his resolution to keep an eye on those two, his gaze kept being drawn back to the two feuding males. So far he had not seen any hatchlings do each other permanent injury, but he knew it would be a tremendous loss if this was to be the first time. He rather hoped they would soon recall their purpose here and get to their duties.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:12 pm
Nashwa - she/her

While the brown and bronze fought it out, the blue set to finding his, although he was a touch clumsy in his enthusiasm. Nashwa hopped back to get out of his way, though she still caught a wing-edge and would sport bruised shins. No hard feelings, though! The young woman had only smiles for the newborn dragon, and sent warm wishes after him as he went on his way. Yours is going to adore you, I know it.

Another blue hatched, and this one looked terrified. Poor little dear! With the fight in progress, she couldn't blame him, and in fact felt terrible for him. But like all the rest of the Candidates, she could do little more than send warm soothing thoughts.  

Meepfur
Crew

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:36 pm
Yllaei/Journeyman Baker/Her (Standidate)

Yllaei watched as things started to take off on the sands below and goodness, was it a start to the hatching. Three males came out first and the blue didn't seem thrilled with the fact his brown brother had come first. And then brown began fighting with the bronze who had come out third, she was silently tsking under her breath. Surely such creatures should not be fighting like this, they should be working on finding their riders. She also noticed a little green come out, who looked quite precious to her. Then another blue came out, who seemed scared to death. She so wished she could comfort him, but thought gentle thoughts of everything being alright, even if he couldn't hear her from up here. The first blue had found his legs and was racing through the candidates.

"I do hope everything calms down for all of them,"Yllaei spoke.

((Just posting Yllaei for now, others will be later, just so you know they haven't been forgotten))  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:08 pm
R'lyr and Andelath

Andelath stretched full bodily from the tip of his nose to his tail, wings high and wide. His eyes whirled brightly as he hummed, walking slowly over to give Samodith a returned affectionate nuzzle. He shifted to check on his bond partner who was starting to rouse and gave himself a full body shake, finally waking fully.

R'lyr woke enough to dress himself and pulled up his dreads into a proper bun and pinned in place so he didn't look like a complete mess. He smiled at Akaris. "Of course, and you look perfect tonight," he said softly. "Are you looking forward to visiting with your family?" His was around permanently so tonight was about Akaris.

Andelath nuzzled Samodith one last time before letting her seek out her favorite bronze while he settled on a ledge to watch the hatching unfold.

Meepfur
for girlfriend and ledgemate!

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:26 pm
Akaris

"Of course," had been her response, "It's been forever." For even if it had only been a Turn and a few months, it felt like it had been an age. Samodith was full-grown, and quite a lot had happened both during their weyrlinghood and after graduation. There had been plenty of letters, and Samodith had often checked in with Zinath and Junenth, but it wasn't the same. She had friends, and she had R'lyr and his family, but she missed hers.

Once they'd arrived, she practically pulled R'lyr up the Stands in her haste to locate R'mor and pounce on him for a long overdue hug. Junenth would get his in due time, but Samodith had that covered for now.

Shaddaling

Uta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:32 pm
Whren - High reaches - He/ Him/ His

The eggs had started to move, he watched over the shaking shells as he finger combed out his sloppy braids. Till his hair was loose and curling slightly at the ends. He quickly retied up his hair and felt better with it up and neat.

Which would end up hatching first though? Ahh, he gave a soft sound as the large egg cracked open and spilled out a rather large and gorgeous looking brown. What a handsome looking hatchling.

Then a trumpeting loud blue that seemed to be a tangled mess of wings. Poor baby, hopefully he got his feet under him soon.

Then a bronze, proud and magnificent and that... was going to end up in a fight wasn't it. Whren had been to enough hatchings to start telling when hatchings where gearing up for a tussle... there they went. He glanced back at the clutch catching site of a delicate green and a scare blue before going back to the fight.

At the moment that was the most important thing to keep track off. He still had to watch the others. There was a blue walking the candidates but he seemed to be actively looking to impress. Speaking off, he moved gracefully out of the blues way as he came by, clumsy but searching. A cute little thing. Hopefully he found his soon.

But, the fight was the most likely possibility at the moment of catching someone in the the middle and drawing blood. He kept most of his attention on the battle, and quickly flick his eyes back to the blue, tracking his movements.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:00 pm
Rhylune- High reaches - She/her/hers

Rhylune gave a little squeaky noise as the brown and bronze starting to fight. Ooh no. She had seen hatchlings battle before but it was always rather unpleasant. She didn't want to see them hurt! She pushed up on her toes and back down before giving a small noise as the blue crashed by them before looking at the nearest candidate next to her.

"Ooh! You okay?" She questioned, trying to keep calm. "I know he didn't mean it but they can be a bit rough." He was so very pretty though.

"I'm Rhylune." She added, thoughtfully.

R'lyr
"Forever has it?" He teased gently as he was pulled up into the stands. He followed along, keeping pace with his eager girlfriend and nodded to R'mor. "Sir."

Jemi - High reaches - She/her/hers
"Well, you might be pretty but you aren't the pretty guy I'm looking for." Jemi said, some what behind Ilzerin. Really pretty though. She kept an eye on the battling pair, glancing around for Whren. She had been so out of it she had not manage to keep with him this time around.

She sighed. He would be fine. He always was. She needed to focus on the hatchlings and well, if she found him, she found him. "Jemi," She added, resting next to Ilzerin's side as she relaxed a bit.

Meepfur
Nashwa/Akaris/Ilzerin

Uta
mention

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:04 pm
dhawsn - he/him

"Y'all northerners're weird," Dhawsn stated with a laugh. Mountains, over beaches? What on Pern?

Painted, huh? He was about to tell Tuelara about a girl he knew back home that did something similar when the eggs really started to bustle.

"Here we go," he said under his breath, bracing. Watching. Waiting. And ready to move in front if something happened. "Any've 'em talk nice t'ya at the Touchin'?"

Prism Shine

Spockat

Hattaki

- - -

orri - he/him

Orri winced a little, chagrined. "That's true..." His own dream, while still the same, had become more complicated within just a turn. Who knew what would happen after today? After other hatchings, if it came to that?

He nodded at the eggs Dehka and Dorok pointed out, passing the latter a curious glance as he trailed off. The instinct to cover and assuage hit him. "I was near Ding Dong when it went off," he said, looking sheepish. "I'm sort of afraid I made things worse." He couldn't tell what had set it off exactly at the Touching, but it seemed plausible his attempts to help had been misgiven. "The Santa Egg was very polite, at least."

As the spat unfolded and more dragonets began to spill out from their eggs, Orri took a mental step back. Physically, he was still in awe of them; he always would be, regardless of age or color. But he was taken back to when the twin bronzes had hatched at the double clutch, how ugly it had been to see that brother push and put down the other. Color bias was a real thing he was aware of, but while Orri wanted to ride a bronze, he had never truly ascribed to it. Or...Or maybe he had, tacitly, without thinking about it, he thought. Had accepted it without even considering what it meant outside of Thread. Bronzes hadn't before that hatching seemed capable of being cruel to him, and yet that day and this one proved him very wrong.

He blinked and returned to the present, and his heart went out to the green and blue avoiding the other brothers' fighting. "Look at him go," he said softly with a chuckle, angling away from the clumsy blue while sending a mental hello. Hearing Dorok's sharp breath, Orri turned and saw a second blue wailing at being freed, and his sympathy grew. "I hope he does as well." And the green, too...

demon_pachabel

Tsunake

- - -

mel - she/her

Mel cackled as the brown shoved Kaiator, clapping even as the dragonet moved on. "Shardin' right, baby boy," she called after. "Get 'em."

Haveli was also laughing, but it wasn't a good sound. Mel didn't know what was up, but she could put two and two together: bronze, girls, all that weird dragon bias about it. She didn't really get it to be honest. "There's like ten more, girl, don't get down," she said in an attempt to cheer her up, though given that it was Mel, she sounded more flippant than assuring without meaning. She gently knocked Haveli's shoulder with her fist.

"Mean, I'm always happy t'see 'em with verve," she said, commenting on the brown and bronze's fight. Should she be worried? Eh. The mom didn't seem to be, and it wasn't like they could kill each other outright before someone stepped in. It would be better than handling the impending tears as Impressions began.

She waved at the ambling blue but did her best not to get knocked over in the process. No touchy sadly, she remembered. Sigh.

houllow

Zaikt

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:07 pm
Quote:
Nyaranau [HR] - 19 - she/her/hers - Rider/junior Weyrwoman of Gold Mictecath

User Image

Ah, it was good that he didn’t run at the sight of her. Despite the wee hours of the morning, she still wore her permanent grin. It might be off-putting to some. “It’s easy- I’m just absorbing all the excitement in the air.” Nya answered with a laugh, leaning forwards as a loud crack resounded through the grounds. It hadn’t been easy initially, but Mictecath’s enthusiasm was infectious, which was helpful.

The wine comment caught her attention, and she turned a raised brow on him, lips curling in wry amusement. “Oh, how very sweet of you to say, Yura.” Wine did make for enjoyable nights, and the ‘morrow would start a little later, given the current events… but it wasn’t necessary. “Do you have plans to dance tonight?” It would be fun to see his reaction to that, too- Yura was just a sweet soul, really.

She watched the eggs with growing interest, delighting in being a full rider and spectator. The first hatched was a brown, and she clapped at his entrance. He seemed… a little disappointed with the reception, however, and Nyara shifted forwards again. “Oh, he really is. Look at that confidence.” She paused here, not entirely certain how to answer Yura. She had pictured herself a dragonrider for as long as she could remember; not a Weyrwoman, by any stretch, though those pretend-Weyr games had been fun to play as children…

“I’m so glad we’re riders. I don’t regret it one single moment. And none of the future weyrlings will either.” Maybe that was too callous- maybe he would think she was shallow, for not respectfully considering all that riders risked… but truly, dragonriders stood apart from the rest of Pernese by the necessity of their duty, and… well, she loved it. She loved fighting Thread with Mic, and the domestic responsibilities as a junior were interesting too (if not always the most enjoyable). “Did you ever imagine yourself a bronzerider, Yura?” High Reaches was most certainly the best Weyr, in her mind, but she knew he was tied to Western. She didn’t want to debate the merits of one over the other…

“He does seem a bit… frustrated, but I think he’ll calm down soon enough. I hope.” Breezy tones matched her easy-going smile, but her words proved wrong soon enough. The Holly egg hatched, revealing a blue who looked as though he had a lot of body to grow into. Something about him stirred an instinctive desire to help, and she was somehow put in mind of her own brother, who had a lot of growing to do of his own. “You can do it, little one. You’re as marvellous as any sibling!”

A bronze hatched from the darkest egg on the sands, and Nyara leaned back a little, hands clasped in her lap. “I really hope they don’t…” She began, some of her easy-going vibes fading.

The brown rushed towards the bronze, and Nyara moved forwards again- fidgety, much?- watching for her brother. Good, he was staying out of the way and safe. “Got any friends or siblings down there? My brother’s… well, he’ll stay out of danger. Or Mic would have a fit, I think.” To him, or about him? She wasn’t sure.

In the midst of all this, a green had hatched from the present egg, and Nya rather hoped (vainly) that her presence might quell the temper of the others.

And so it was that the baby dragonets grew more active- Nya was struggling to keep track of them all. The first blue had picked up his pace in an effort to Impress- good on him, although… had he knocked over Ruun in the process? Oops. Well, a little bruise wasn’t a bad thing from time to time… and another blue had hatched! Oh, poor thing didn’t seem keen on his brothers’ rabble-rousing.

It seemed like the Santa egg was almost-but-not-quite ready to get up, and who could blame them? Definitely worth waiting for all the fuss to die down before taking a step into a brand new world.

“I hope they can find their bondmates safely… fighting won’t fill their bellies.”

houllow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:01 pm
Quote:
Ruunan [HR] - 17 - he/him/his - App Woodcrafter

Well, he hadn’t been entirely right about who would hatch first. But he was certainly not disappointed by Starry Night’s arrival! He was… well, magnificent. A sight to behold. His brother, Holly Blue, was also wonderful, but in a different way… And Ruunan found himself wishing he could help both. It’s okay- you’re both loved and very welcome here. He tried to send them reassuring thoughts.

“Oh… hum. I… I think there are much better choices than me here on the sands.” Like Kyzier, for instance. “But thank you.” His feet suddenly seemed very fascinating, and he found himself rather unable to meet the other candidate’s eyes.

“Ah!” He looked up as Kyzier recounted their Touching experience, caramel eyes filled with a dreamy, far-away look. “It was… I really liked the ones I touched. I touched the brown one’s shell. He was so confident… And… I really liked the String of Lights, too. But I didn’t get to touch them all, either.” The poor babies had gotten distraught. He just hoped he hadn’t been a contributing factor. He shook his head a little to clear the negative thoughts, a dimply smile returning to his face. “They’ll find you in no time, I’m sure. Once they’ve stretched their wings and figured out you’re right here…”

More eggs began to rock- Rudolph had fallen over in Holly’s desire to be first, and looked as though it was about to hatch. Lump of Coal hatched too, and revealed a bronze… and then things got a little bit fraught and tense as far as Ruunan was concerned. He grew quiet, scooting a teensy bit closer to Kyzier.

“Look at that green… isn’t she beautiful?” He tried to ignore the rising fear, the nerves that made his chest feel tight, his hammering heart… The Snowman Blue was an accurate reflection of his feelings, and he fought the urge to also hunker down and huddle until the brown and bronze had finished their business. He had to be brave. He had to show no fear. This was nothing compared to what riders faced during Fall. Please, don’t fight. There’s no need. You’re both great. You’re all great dragons who will achieve great things… How badly Ruun wanted to help, to calm them, but to also avoid being caught in the middle of it, or to make things worse.

Distracted as he was by the conflict that was threatening to escalate, he didn’t notice as Holly Blue started searching for His with gusto and cheer. He half-tripped, half-stumbled over himself in an attempt to get out of the blue’s way, roughing his knees on the hot sands and gritting his teeth against an unbidden gasp. Shells! Hot (duh)! He stood up more out of desire not to be burnt and dusted his knees, eyes watering slightly. “I have to pay more attention…” He chuckled nervously, sheepishness returning to him once more.

All things said and done, Ruun agreed with Snowman Blue's thoughts. Rough-housing was senseless… accidents could happen… what if something… No, he had to stay positive! Please! It’ll be okay! Whether or not the brown and bronze were aware of other candidates’ thoughts was beyond him, but there was no harm in trying. Gentle and entreating might be a way of defusing the tension...

sariraii

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:05 pm
Rykin

Rykin hadn't made a sound since Bark had hummed him awake, her bright hide vibrating against his neck until he'd donned his robes and joined the others. He'd barely blinked as well, adrenaline spurring him through the motions. He didn't feel afraid. He didn't know how he felt, at least not at first.

When the bronze and brown began their row, Rykin's eyes narrowed, though he kept his thoughts almost as blank as they had been, turning his attention to the clumsy blue as he stumbled across the sands. Had it been a different world where it wouldn't have earned him a reprimand or worse, he might have given the dragonet a hug.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:27 pm
Ryala
As the less than graceful blue happily stumbled among the candidates, Ryala took care to step out of his way. There was no need to impede his progress, after all, and he seemed to be enjoying himself. She smiled at him as he continued along... Hopefully, he would Impress to someone who could keep up with his energy and excitement!

Warily, she kept an eye on the two who had now come to blows...

----------

Gwyn
Several new dragons now graced the Sands, as a green and another blue made their debut. Still, despite the blue who had bounced passed her a moment ago, the main focus of many was the fight that was escalating between the bronze and brown. If those two continued like this, someone would likely wind up hurt.

And yet, there was nothing that she could do, but to watch, and hope that the pair would resolve their differences soon.

----------

Avali

For a moment, Avali thought that she heard someone say sorry to her, but in her mind. That was odd! A moment later, she went crashing to the Sands as the Holly blue accidentally knocked into her. Oh shells... Now she wasn't just covered in egg goo and shell bits, but it seemed that half of the sand in the cavern had decided to stick to the goop, and therefore to her. Oh great... everyone in the stands must be staring at her right now! What a sight she must be!

Her face burned in embarrassment as she tried to brush herself off, with very little success.  

Ryala

Blessed Mage

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:30 pm
Verica

With a happy grin, Veri's hands flashed back a response that she couldn't wait to see what Holly and the Snowflake looked like, but she didn't have to wait long for Holly to pop a blue out. In fact it hatched on the heels of a brown but at least they weren't fighting like the brown did with a bronze not long afterwards. Oh they were showing off for the crowd, trying to be the best and showing each other up. A soft chuckle came from her. She and her sister had seen many men do that in the past, the baby dragons were doing it the best way they could on these sands and she loved watching it.

-Who do you think might come from Snowflake?- she asked via hand signals to her twin. Of course she wasn't focused on just it, Holly was out, Santa was trying, the Lump of Coal bronze was... well it would never choose her so that was a wash but all these beautiful dragons! She oozed welcome and wonder at the babies.

SilverLutz

---

Miela

This was going to be a very long hatching around these particular candidates, oh Miela could feel it in her bones. She didn't have a real response for the man that introduced himself as Dhawsn to the others, but she mulled it over in her head. Yes she'd made a mistake, she knew full well in the glorious course of her life she would make quite a few more than she already had. But she wanted to be perfect and if she could she would be. She'd do everything in her power to be. "This could be worse I suppose. But the one that was insulted hasn't hatched yet. So I won't hold my breath."

Even though she'd thought for a moment of using someone as a shield, when Rahmsii offered she felt herself bristle for just a moment. She'd meant to do this alone, be attacked alone, face it all alone. But the pair of them had been kind after the touching and then they came for her here. Her head swirled for a moment as she tried to think of a way to respond to that, but could only manage a weak smile up at him and Tuelarua.

Everything started to buzz out in her mind, as if her ears were ringing and the world slowing down. Ding Dong egg had cracked. It hadn't hatched yet but she could tell it would soon. Even though she was keeping her welcoming thoughts open for the other babies, she couldn't help but keep her eyes right on that one and her mind as empty of fear as she could. "It hasn't hatched yet... it's coming."

Of course she knew the egg might totally ignore her and her anxiety was simply foolish, but Miela was worried all the same of what might happen.

medigel

Prism Shine

Spockat

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out