Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Mictecath's Hatching] Sing Me Anything (Open) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:40 pm
Nedemar
The bronze continued to linger, and Nedemar continued to keep him as his focus. He was certainly a handsome fellow, and very sweet at that. How it kept conversing and weaving among them. Just like Cetra, he did tentatively lift a hand to offer the other a pet, or a sniff, or a good little scratch. While it was clear this bronze wasn't likely ready to Impress, he was more than happy to admire the little one. "Cetra's right. You're definitely the highlight!" And why wouldn't he be?

This was the hatchlings time, after all, and they deserved as much time with the Candidates as they needed. Besides, he knew ow rare it was to be spoken to by a dragon of any color. The fact this one seemed sociable was an honor. "It seems like things have calmed down a bit, between everybody. How good of you to check in on all of us. You're a fine looking fellow, and a handsome bronze at that!" It wasn't just lip service. The little dragonet up close was certainly a beaut.

But he didn't dare hope that the bronze was here for him. It wasn't for Cetra or Isha, either. Bherrus, maybe? Well, surely, if the little fellow was ready to Impress one of them he would but he wasn't going to shoo him away. Whatever he wanted, Nedemar would give.

SilverLutz
At least he's making friends with one!

demon_pachabel

Mr Cheri
Sweet bronze!

Smerdle

houllow

Lusialu
The baby blue startled Oranie as much as it did Lusialu! "Oh no!" She gasped, having first thought the creature was injured. Her heart leapt to her throat, but as she couldn't see very clearly, all she could do was assume the dragons would know what to do.

Given, nobody seemed too upset, she could only hope that things would resolve. "I hope it's okay," she murmured, gripping tight to Oranie. But there were other dragons moving, and maybe, just maybe, they could focus on them. "The little white was a darling, I agree." She had had a good interaction with the egg, and gave the little one a long look before before turning to peek at the greens. "Looks like they're on the move now. Same with the gold. You never know, she could be yours!" She whispered, eyes bright with hope. Wouldn't that be something? She was bound to be someone's but... which of them?

Not hers, of course, but with Alumet and Yunara on them, there was little chance of that. There was a brown too, but something about him seemed ... put off. The screaming blue had stopped, and she did hope that he was all right. "It's hard to keep up with where they're all going," she confessed shyly. She wanted to see, wanted to watch, but who did she think at and who did she focus on? "Amazing not a one has Impressed."

Tsunake

Izaryel
While Izaryel had thought that it might take some time for Tyara to return, he was surprised at how quickly she was patched up. "Are you sure you're all right? Ready to get a little closer?" He asked, holding her hand and refusing to budge until she gave her consent. He already was feeling awful about their first few moments on the Sands-but he was determined to hold his head high and see what else might happen.

There were still a few eggs left to Hatch and the blue dragons were elsewhere. So long as he gave them all a wide berth, maybe they'd both be safe.

He could keep his feelings close-to-the-vest and just excude pleasure and gratefulness, right? This was a chance of a lifetime, and his own failures could be investigated later. Maybe when Tyara and him returned to the Barracks they could discuss their situation--assuming neither one of them Impressed. "Things seem quieter now," he explained, filling her in with what little he knew. It wasn't much--he was still a bit far from the main group, but he did spot a series of colors. "Sounded like some dragonet was hurt but I think that's resolved itself, too."
Dea and #Teddy#

Melka
Melka's eyes watched as the greens began to maneuver themselves among the crowd. They were certainly darlings, and they seemed like nothing but fun. How sweet were they! "Oh, I do hope so. They look like a couple of gems, honestly. And fun to boot! Maybe we'll both walk away with one, eh? A pair of sisters for a pair of sisters!"

The likelihood of that happening was slim, but Melka was happy to entertain it. While some people might think wanting to Impress, or dreaming about that day, was arrogant, Melka still liked to entertain the thought. How else could a dream come true? Practicality was well and good, but a little imagination certainly never hurt.

demon_pachabel

NPC Tansley
The young heir to Nabol Hold had accepted the invitation, if only to very well spite the Weyr itself. While he was grateful for the work High Reaches Weyr did, he found that riders in general were a rather lofty, better-than-thou bunch. They certainly enjoyed pretending they knew best, and liked to make vocal opinions about the running of certain Holds. Given they all lived off the generosity of eveyr Hold on Pern, he did not necessarily have a friendly view about riders.

But this was his family's due, after all. He wasn't here for the spectacle of Impression, but to rub elbows with certain other Lord Holders and heirs. Just being here was sure to upset more than a few riders, but Lord Tansley wore the colors of Nabol Hold with pride.

"They certainly aren't starving, are they?" He mused to his current choice of date. Vsila was pretty enough to be draped by his side--and if she played her cards right, would be given a generous tip for her services, later. "To hear them complain about tithes, you'd think there'd be riders in baggier gear." The riders all looked healthy enough, really. He'd find out more when he sniffed around the feast, and the opulence they'd lay out for this day.

How many Hatchings do they have a Turn? Seemed a bit excessive to throw a party for each one as far as he was concerned. But when you rode off the hard work and laurels of the people, who needed to conserve? The Weyr certainly didn't, that much was clear.

Mr Cheri
How pleasant.

NPC Wingsecond V'lon & bronze Otreyuth
The red-haired man had been watching the Hatching with keen interest. Hatchings were always worth taking time to celebrate, no matter the drama and pain that could well unfold. They were emotional events, and he couldn't help but remember his own time as a Candidate, eagerly waiting for his chance. Otreyuth had been such a surprise--and had literally saved his life.

But he wasn't so enraptured as not to notice the white knuckled grip of the woman next to him. He didn't recognize her as a fellow High Reaches woman, and she wore no rank or colors. A guest? Visitor? "You all right, ma'am? I take it one of yours is down there?" The only individuals invited who weren't of rank or position were either Weyrfolk or immediate families of Candidates. Since she wasn't the former, he could only assume she was the latter.
Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:44 pm
Of course Iweth was not going to spurn his precious child's offer of affection! The bronze gave a humming rumble just for Red and Gold Flowers, shifting from where he'd been half reclining against Mictecath's side as she worked at setting one of their children free from where it was stuck in its shell, to lean forward, lowering his head to ever so gently bump his snout against the little brown's much, much smaller one. Well now, just look at you! What a splendid entrance, and fine manners you have, precious one! Your mother and I simply couldn't be prouder, not of you nor of any of your siblings. He gave a soft but brassy croon, gently whuffing at the hatchling, eyes aglow with purply-blue shades.
Meepfur
omg Papa loves u bb brown <3

ShinosBee

Nerd

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:45 pm
Besilin - He/him

Besilin chucked as the to be fight fizzled out. “I guess so.” He agreed with Beelim. He would admit, even if only to himself, that the nose bonk had been an adorable way to handle it. If there had been anything to handle in the first place. Maybe there hadn’t been. “I certainly hope they will start impressing soon. There are so many it is hard to keep track of them all. None of them seem aggressive, but as we know, that could change with a single careless thought.” He just wanted to best for the candidates… and for him and his twin to impress…but that was a given as he was standing on the sands.

demon_pachabel

Heleste - She/her

“Good on you. I agree. Any color is a worthy color to have.” She agreed with Hunthyex and Jaleeri. “Though, I would be a bit surprised is a bronze picked me. I am pretty sure I am still a girl.” She joked. It was probably a tired joke at this point, still, she found it funny.

“Wow. They really do work fast.” Heleste mused. “Maybe the wounds weren’t as bad as they appeared. I know head wounds bleed a lot.” She knew this from experience…but that was something to think about at another time. It has been small and oh so messy.

Heleste gave a little bounce and hand wave at Jaleeri and Eliaza. “They are starting to move about. Look lively!” To the baby dragons, she became a little cheerleader. “Go, go! Look about and find yours.” She giggled. “Or come here and find yours. I have some lovely new friends who I am sue would be great dragon riders.”

SilverLutz

Samuel Carlin

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:53 pm
So you have, Aubergine Bronze affirms nudging the top of his head into Pawprint Heart's side - helping, if she so desires, but otherwise a gesture of affection if she's content to stay where she is for a moment. He will not force her along, of course, but he is there to help all the same.

Mr Cheri

----

It seemed Butterfly Wing Gold wouldn't be joining them, but Teal and Blue Spiral Green sends a trill of affection her way anyways before she heads off towards the candidates with Green Vine Green, absolutely strutting as she bumps her side against her sister's - and returns those bumps of her head right back.

Let's see who we have here... she mulls over as she approaches the first throng of candidates she can find - Lusialu and Oranie, clearly needing to get a little up close and personal!

Well! If you're havin' a hard time decidin' who to focus on, how about us! she suggested to the girls with a croon, eyes nothing but the friendliest of blue-greens.

ShinosBee

Uta

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:09 pm
Tyara

Tyara knew her brother was surprised with how quickly she was patched up, but the healers knew what they were doing. Plus, it wasn't terrible, even if she knew it would leave a scar. It was clear it had been the baby making a point, he didn't intend to injure badly. As Izaryel asked if she was sure she was alright, she wanted to say it was a loaded question, but she just nodded softly. She didn't want to get right in the middle of the crowd, but maybe they could get a bit closer for now.

"A little closer sounds good to me, brother. Close enough for the babies to see us, if one if for you...but far enough back in case I upset them,"she said softly. She didn't want to start anymore fights among the clutch, she would feel awful if she did. She knew her twin and she would be talking later, if he didn't...they didn't impress. She did her best to focus on positive thoughts, even if it was hard.

Uta
Just a little closer, brother

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:13 pm

Well.

Although Cloudy Skies was relieved by his brother's response, it seemed clear to him that his presence was not desired by all of the Candidates he'd been greeting. With a soft boop for Cetra, who had wanted to pet him, he took off to lick his wounds, so to speak. He'd clearly worn out his welcome. Peering around, he couldn't decide where to go next.

So, rather than finding another group of Candidates, he flopped down on the Sands to rest his head on his forepaws. I'm still sorry you're hurting. he told Green Spotted, curling his tail so that it lay in front of his snout. One of the Candidates had been fairly dismissive, and his hearts needed a rest.

---

Although dizzy, the Pawprint Heart green didn't want to dismay her brother further. So, after one abortive attempt, she got shakily to her feet. Oh dear, that was a strange sensation. She'd joggled herself a bit too hard, hadn't she? Dear brother, it's ever so kind of you to look after me, she told Aubergine, though she felt a twinge of guilt to take up such an important personage's time.

Meepfur
demon_pachabel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:15 pm

Purple and Pink Zig Zag Egg finally gave a little twitch. Hmmm? Is it time?

----

With another little laugh, the Butterfly Wing Gold gave both Divisti and Miomellai one last little nuzzle. You never know what tomorrow might bring, after all. As my clutchmates have shown, there are personalities a plenty--even among us queens. And yes, she was a queen, thank you!

Well, with those two off her list, the little gold first trotted over to Shekkeh, giving her an admiring look and a little encouraging croon. No need to be shy! I have no doubt any group would welcome you. And if not, remember--there's not shame in standing apart. Keep your head held high, little one! And with a happy little boop of her hand, before sitting down before her.

Something did appeal to her... Or was it someone?

Her eyes whirled a bit faster as she looked about the Sands, taking a moment to curl her tail around her legs for a moment's consideration. Shekkeh was more than welcome to continue to admire her, of course. So many wonderful girls-- but which one was Hers? She'd met so many wonderful Candidates, it was almost too difficult to decide. But there could only be one...

faesinger

Tsunake

dawns_aura
Henlo!

---

The cheeky Blue Sketchy Cupcake hardly gave his brown clutchmate a second thought. Bounding eagerly through the sands, he clearly hadn't a care in the world. No need to hide or be embarrassed. I'm glad you were kind enough to buy the snake oil I was selling. How you doing, handsome? Feeling good? I'm happy to let you give me a good look over, just to be sure it wasn't all a ruse, if you'd like! The little blue spread his wings, and craned his neck just so, giving Eralgais a proper little one-man show.

Samuel Carlin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:16 pm
Nikrys

In all of her years bearing witness to the roughhousing of her father and his seven brothers, no fight had ended so quickly. She had been loath to make assumptions about the cause of Butterfly Wing and Green Spotted's spat, and therefore unwilling to encourage it, but Sketchy Cupcake and Chocolate Chip had an obvious beef, and she had been ready to watch the young dragons tumble and playfight. And then... they didn't. Hm. Oh well.

Her attention shifted from Aubergine and Pawprint Heart to the green duo to the lovely, newly-hatched Red and Gold Flowers brown, appreciating them all a lot more now that things had quieted down.

Bherrus

There had been shrieks. And red eyes. Bherrus watched Sketchy Cupcake and Chocolate Chip for a second or two, momentarily forgetting that there was a whole-a** bronze standing directly in front of him, and when he looked back, Cloudy Skies was gone. The boy's frown was comical but brief, disappointed that he had missed touching an actual hatchling, while also assuming it was for the best. The bronze had places to be!

Ingonth

The blue returned the feeling with a welcome for Museth. Pravdath is here too, but I have another whole flank to spare. And Nimiseth makes a spectacular pillow.

houllowommmmmmdedelicious

Smerdle

Scamp

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:17 pm
Nisadee - she/her

Nisadee watched the Green Spotted blue's attack - though in the end, she would hesitate to use quite so strong a word to describe it - of the Candidates who'd upset him without so much as a flinch. Not that she lacked sympathy for what was surely a frightening and painful experience, but because she had always been good at compartmentalizing, and was rather desensitized besides, from both her life prior to the Weyr and from the Hatchings she'd witnessed since. In that, she had to admit to herself she agreed a bit with the blue: far greater injury had been done in the past without so much as an ounce of disapproval, and yet this was now where the line was drawn?

"He really is bold as brass, I'll give him that," she said with a small smile. She'd thought him gutsy for pulling his brother's tail, but arguing right to his golden sister's face? That took...well. You know.

Eventually, he moved to hide amongst the crowd while those affected were visited by Cloudy Skies, lively greens and more blues hatched, and the gold and her Aubergine brother moved on. One of the blues to hatch was...a certain one, and she sent him and his two friends a softly warm thought. Maybe it was that her mother had one that drew her to them, though she couldn't imagine why, given that he practically despised her. Maybe she secretly wanted his approval after all this time, a thought at which she gave a soft snort. "So, any thoughts?"

Maybe Razanel had his eye on one in particular? Or maybe he had opinions about the many, many goings-on - such as with Sketchy Cupcake and Chocolate Chip Cookie, perhaps, or something else.

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:26 pm
Whren

That was three eggs left to hatch and a new rather sweet tempered brown on the sands. Iweth was a good parent. The head bump was very cute. He looked around Tyara was back on the sands with her brother, the healers had cleaned that up fast. Which was good... he wished her the best.

He paused looked at Cloudy skies bronze, things will be alright, sometimes you just need a rest. He thought, soothingly as he looked over the rest. Everything seemed calm at the moment.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:48 pm
Museth

Then by your leave, I am coming to join you. I will be there in a moment. Museth moved from where she'd been casually resting to where she could feel her brother and the rest of the company. Gracefully the little white landed and folded her wings, moving to settle in at her brother's free side. She gave affections towards the others who were already there before gently leaning in, eyes purple.

I cannot wait to see what happens.

Smerdle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:58 pm
Yeliya

All of this really was like watching a show, Yeliya thought. It was all such a production. Temper flares and scuffles and -- well, yes, someone did get hurt, but that could have been a whole lot worse, couldn't it? It reminded her, not just a little, of when caravans would gather and there'd be music sometimes or time for families to show of their wares and it all felt so ... festive was a weird thing to thing, she supposed, and yet, there it was. This felt festive.

Did she know she was smiling watching all of this, with her arms folded comfortably across her chest and her weight on her heels? Maybe not. Would she have minded if someone pointed it out? Absolutely not!

Jhiroquel

There was ... a lot going on and it was difficult to know where to focus first. All the dragons needed attention, of course, and as some of them had proved, there was no way to tell where they might head next. Nor, particularly, what they might do.

Hands tucked behind his back and feet wide, Jhiroquel tried to watch them all. There wasn't time to comment, much, so he was staying more or less quiet, but his head was on a swivel, and now and then even he, stoic as he might be, had to give in to the barest hint of a smile.

Eliaza

"Oh good, she is back," Eliaza agreed with Heleste. "Wouldn't it be awful to miss out on your chance because of an overeager dragon? That would be the worst." And it hadn't happened today, it seemed.

She watched dragons move and, well. not move, still with a smile. One that faltered a little when the Cloudy Skies bronze and the blue simply sat down and curled up. "No, Oh, no. Don't be sad," she said aloud, though they might not hear her. "Get up and keep looking. We're all still looking. And there really are] a lot of us!"

faesinger

Tsunake

Mr Cheri
Chin up, little friend!

Meepfur
Chin up little friend!

Eralgais

Was it better or worse to be singled out for being fullible? If it meant having a dragon's attention in the middle of all this happy chaos, it was worth it. Brightening impossibly, and standing up a little taller -- not impossible, but still maybe a little impressive?-- Eralgais beamed back at the blue displaying his wings so helpfully, and then offered a bow back in return.

"I just didn't want you to be really hurt," he said. taking a couple steps forward to follow up on the offer. He inspected those wings, leaning and bending to make sure he saw as much as he could. "But nope, you look like you're pretty whole and healthy to me!" Embarrassment dissolved in a wave of pride. "Thanks for hearing me. Thanks for letting me look."

Uta
*starry eyes* XD

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:02 pm

Razanel
There were plenty of dragons on the Sands, and only a few eggs left remaining. That none of them had found their match seemed a bit singular to the young man, but he was pleased as punch it meant all the more chances for the two of them. He couldn't help but want Nisadee to find Hers, after all.

"I certainly agree. That's one to look out for, for sure!" Nevermind that there were rules about rank and position. Just because he used to follow a Captain's orders didn't mean he had to agree with them. A man was entitled to his own opinions, after all, no matter if they went against the grain. He didn't know what happened between the two Candidates and the blue, but he didn't need to be heckled for it.

Thankfully, everything seemed relatively sorted.

"I'd like a better look at the blues myself," he admitted, and not just because one was gutsy. "My Dad's a blue rider, and I'd be keen to ride one myself, if I had a choice." Bronzes and browns and greens and whites were all well and good, but he did rather like the thought of a blue. Especially at High Reaches, it was just enough power and rank to have a little sway, without being tied down to the yoke of eternal responsibility. But really, at the end of the day, whatever dragon chose him would be his dream come true. "What about you? Any one catch your eye?"

There were still a few eggs left, which he did hope might break shell soon. It would be nice to see the whole family together, after all.

Meepfur
<3

Lusialu
Suddenly a green approached, and her eyes were drawn immediately to the beautiful Teal and Blue Spiral green and her Green Vine sister! She didn't dare think that they were here for her, but maybe, just maybe, Oranie? Oh, but she didn't want to think that too loudly, either.

"You're both beautiful," she breathed, admiring their colors, and the way the light hit their hide. To see them close up was a dream, and she resisted the urge to reach out. They were gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous.

Tsunake
Sorry, adding onto the other post, too. LOL

ShinosBee
Pretty green!

demon_pachabel
Pretty green!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:03 pm
Maishel

From where she sat in the stands, Maishel softly leaned forward to watch more of the show on the sands. There was no violence, apart from that first face scratch, and even then that had been so minor the girl returned without delay. Even the most dramatic of scenes ended quickly, but for the rest of it...

...well, she would wait and see. As soon as the spark was lit everything would quickly move, that much she was very aware of. Perhaps the dragonets were waiting for the whole family before anything happened? That sounded like a wonderful idea actually, to do everything nearly at once. Also how wonderfully polite of all of them, to want to make sure everyone had hatched out.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:10 pm
There was a lot of commotion on the sands. Worried Bear, flipped on its side, had begun the laborious process of breaking its shell.

Then, out of nowhere, somebody bumped into them! Hey- excuse you, buddy! Humph!

The scratching continued, incessant, persistent, determined. Look sharp, folks- didn’t those silly siblings know there was a job to be done? Candidate, singular, to Impress, food to eat, a sharding world to save. Why were they not rushing to find Theirs? Why all the prancing, the dilly-dallying, the basking in attention?

Typical. They would need to pick up the slack.

The shell split neatly in half, falling to the sides to reveal a gangly green creature, rising out of the goop like some phantom drawn from the mist. What was all the fuss about? Is someone in trouble?

And, with utmost care for her overlong wings still slick with egg goo, she picked herself from the wreckage of her former home and stalked towards the candidates, eyes awhirl with hungry reds, and tinged with anxious yellows. Where was Hers in all this mess?  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff