Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Creative Crossroads
The Lost Art of Writing Letters Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you still hand-write letters?
Yes
68%
 68%  [ 57 ]
No
31%
 31%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 83

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:56 pm
Kalstolyn
Kals is questing again!
*is sorely tempted to send a little vodka sampler and some pancake mix*

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
Check sig for details!

DOOOOO EEEETTTTTT  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:20 pm
GRAAAAAAAAAAAAH! BRAIIIINZ...

*resurrected Zombie thread with Necromancy*  

Sentama Lin

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:15 am
Ah...I see Ladi is giving out our address out on the Internet. Sigh. Well, I suppose I could write randomly to people, seeing as you all know where we live now. That could be interesting...if my life actually were interesting. Who wants a letter from someone with a boring life like mine? Lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:59 pm
And you weren't killed all this time? OH MY GOSH!? Even with all the internet stalkers and rapists that supposedly exist? 8D

Man, I haven't written a letter in awhile. >.>;;  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Thaliat Everwood

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:30 pm
Actually all the creepy internet stalker types should fear me since I shouted down the last guy that tried to break into the apartment. I can be scary. Ask the IRS. Poor IRS guy who was on the line when I screamed at that guy trying to open my door...I scared two guys at once. The creepy internet guys should fear me, definitely. Lol.

As for letters, I haven't handwritten a letter since my second year of college. My handwriting doesn't look nice and neat like girls writing is rumored to be. I don't think a lot of people hand write letters anymore...so maybe more people will have hand writing like mine....hm...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:53 am
I've become inspired, I'm gonna write a letter to aretoo and Kusa! biggrin Now, to go out and buy some nice stationary...  

Kerrigan_dragon

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:37 pm
My handwriting is... Jaftacular.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:52 pm
Ha! Sent the letter. ^_^ Now I feel inspired to write more...

My handwriting is... erg... terrible, illegible unless I try to make it neat. sweatdrop  

Kerrigan_dragon

The Chexed Nut

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:09 pm
Heavens, it's been several months since I've last bothered to write a letter. The only person who actually sends me anything and keeps up is a friend in Arizona. No one bothers to send me back anything when the holidays roll around and I get off my lazy a** to send them something.

There's no way I'm willingly handing out my address. I don't care if I am in possession of an intimidating daddeh; I don't need to hear things go bump in the night at an ungodly hour. mrgreen Also, I don't want to become an unsolved murder case of 48 Hours.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:45 pm
Kals is questing again!
LOL that would be why I gave my parents' mailing address -- it's a PO Box and unless you're in forensics, it can't be traced to my home, which is in another city.

Check sig for details!

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

The Chexed Nut

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:31 pm
Kalstolyn
Kals is questing again!
LOL that would be why I gave my parents' mailing address -- it's a PO Box and unless you're in forensics, it can't be traced to my home, which is in another city.

Check sig for details!

I think I might get a PO box in the future. It seems a lot safer than a metal box with a lid screwed and nailed into the concrete of your home. mrgreen Indeed, I would only give out my address if I believe the individual was safe and I had a mental guarentee the person wouldn't come after me and slit my throat.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:43 pm
FYI-Ladi and I are no longer at that address currently listed, though she's still in Worcester somewhere. Probably should have that posted address removed on the off chance some one tries sending anything...last I heard from the apartment people, she did not leave them a forwarding address.

If anyone wants my new one (and my RL name, whoo-hoo!):

Amanda Lashmit
62 Goodale Rd
Marlborough, MA 01752

Though, you could address it to Thal...I'd know who you meant!  

Thaliat Everwood

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:06 pm
Chexednut
Kalstolyn
Kals is questing again!

Check sig for details!

I think I might get a PO box in the future. It seems a lot safer than a metal box with a lid screwed and nailed into the concrete of your home. mrgreen Indeed, I would only give out my address if I believe the individual was safe and I had a mental guarentee the person wouldn't come after me and slit my throat.

Woah, so much coding I can't figure what to do delete. Anyway, I used to have those fears... Then I stopped caring. Lol. I'll go through and make sure this place is updated.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:08 am
Hmmm... Lobo might do this one as well as the sending of food 'n stuff... but just to warn you guys, my handwriting may be hard to read... 'Cause I hate my print and write in cursive, and people go between saying it's pretty and saying it's illegible... sweatdrop
I haven't actually sent anyone a letter since we had penpals in like... 3rd grade? 0.o;  

Lobo-chan

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:04 pm
Do curprint. That's what I do. :3  
Creative Crossroads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items