Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Critique the Avatar Above You -or die- Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 184 185 186 187 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are You a Flamer?
Yes
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
No
18%
 18%  [ 28 ]
Pff, I'm just a lonely poll whore.
29%
 29%  [ 45 ]
THIS. IS. SPARTA!
45%
 45%  [ 70 ]
Total Votes : 155

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:31 pm
Ahaha, it makes me laugh.

Could use a bit more teeny bits of red distributed throughout~ Particularly right on the top. I have no item suggestion, though... D:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:38 pm
Heheh. I guess I'm a Gaian drag queen. I need a drag name, now. How about...

Gail. Gail Forswinds?

The dollie shoes look so nice on female avatars, and they look HUGE and clunky on the male base. ._. *jealous*

I spent a good minute trying to figure out what headband you had on before I remembered it was part of the Kottan Bell. x3

I tried to add more red, but I'm not happy with the feet. I wish there were ankle bracelets in multiple colours. =/ Like those lovely genie bangles; would love to see recolours of those, plus see them added as an ankle item. ._.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:02 pm
We all know what I think of drag queens, and white is just too bland to be used as a base  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:55 pm
The glasses aren't nearly as cool as the rest of it. But I suppose they're part of the Saverio trademark. Anyways, it's very James Bond-y.  

pickle relish

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:20 pm
Very windy~

It's cute 3nodding I've really no complaints on this one.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:58 pm
Yay, it's a Lemmy~

I like the tavern wench bustier with the Mrs. Claus top. Gives it a much less Christmas-y look. Overall, it's nice. The machete is a nice touch. biggrin

The only thing I could suggest is some different shoes, maybe some dark red boots.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:15 pm
I like it~ I like it~

Only thing bothering me eveeeer so itty bitty slightly is the gold belt buckle. I wonder if another belt would look better? Perhaps an all-black one or the black and white one that came out on some Valentine's Day or something...the one with the little white heart buckle?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:26 pm
Maybe it's just because I'm rereading the Harry Potter series, but you look like a witch/wizard. Especially because of the owl. whee It's really cute. I don't have any suggestions. Each bit of it works well with the magic theme.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Phaeton

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:44 pm
It's neat. It makes for a nice anthro pirate or rogue set up quite nicely. I've never seen Radio Jack but you two make for a nice duo.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:53 am
Mysterious lady in black, eh? It looks neat and well put-together. The eyes are a good contrasting focal point. Personally, I would work in a spot more of that blue somewhere else in the outfit, but I like what you're doing with it. Good job. 3nodding  

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

Senryoske

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:38 pm
Actually I was going to leave a comment on your page but then saw you had posted here....

I really like it. It has a good red merman feel. Really blue eyes would set it off, but I think its sweet just the way it is.

I don't even want to think about what people think of my avi.....  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:16 pm
Instead of a critique, how about some ideas to start with? ^^

Choose a direction, first of all. Match by colour, work on conveying a certain feeling or story, or cosplay as someone or something specific.

Colour is easiest. Pick a colour that you like, or an item that you really want to wear, and build the rest of your avatar around it. Say you wanted to use the Gimpi hat. You could focus on grey, black and red.

Or, you could focus more on the character itself. Try to avoid using items that don't clearly communicate what you're trying to portray. Like, if you're trying to be an elf, avoid a chainsaw. x3 Just an example.
Personally, I would still try to stick to a general colour scheme, but that's my own preference.

Pisces is doing an excellent job of clearly portraying a merman and being colour-coordinated.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:06 pm
Tae, I'd have to describe this one as a Cosmic Genie of sorts... I really like the unique contrast between the tattoos and the starry skin. Very otherworldly. 3nodding I can't really say that I would change anything about this at all.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:39 pm
I highly approve of your avi Pisces, very nice use of the tail and pulling off colors and items that work together. 3nodding  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:50 pm
Heheh, Sanzo looks foxy. (Bahaha, I crack myself up...not.)

The purple hair goes nicely with your cape, and the whole outfit is subdued, rather than screaming OMG PURPLE!!!111

^^ Love the nifty hat, too.

I also just realized I was one of the first ones to post in this thread, 100 pages ago. eek  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 184 185 186 187 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games