Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Archived
=Soquili Stats Bonus Questions= December Questions Open! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DeeJaye
Crew

O.G. Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:15 pm
Owner's Name: DeeJaye
Participating Soquili: Jigglypuff
Link to Teepee: cliiiick

What do you feel the difference between intelligence and wisdom is?: "Hmm! I never really thought too hard about it. I guess wisdom is the small things you learn that end up being life lessons.. Like, the stuff that will end up aiding you in giving advice to others when they need help in crucial decisions. As for intelligence... well, intelligence is just the small useless facts you know, ha ha! The kinda stuff you overheard and record in your mind for awhile."

In your own words explain what you think it means to be intelligent: "To be intelligent.. It means keeping your ears open. Listen to everything. The sounds of the forest, the words of the ones around you... Just absorb it all in. 'Cause once you do, you've opened yourself to all levels of knowledge and intelligence."

How much wood could a woodchuck cut if a woodchuck wielded an ax?: "I...guess a lot more than what it could chuck with its teeth. That's kind of...creepy to think about, though!"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:55 pm
Owner's Name: Belalusiia
Participating Soquili: Abdiel
Link to Teepee: Teepee

What do you feel the difference between intelligence and wisdom is?: Intelligence is knowing the facts. Wisdom goes beyond facts, it is much deeper than intelligence. Wisdom is a much cherished friend.

In your own words explain what you think it means to be intelligent: To be intelligent is to be open minded and aware of the world around you. There is something new to be learned everyday.

How much wood could a woodchuck cut if a woodchuck wielded an ax?: I suppose he'd cut as much wood as a woodchuck could if a woodchuck wielded an ax.  

BelaLucina

Tiny Explorer

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:32 pm
Owner's Name: Amirynth
Participating Soquili: Dayunsi
User Image

Link to Teepee: [x]

What do you feel the difference between intelligence and wisdom is?: Dayunsi thought for a long moment as his wings fluttered slightly. "Intelligence is the knowledge of things. Such as knowledge of herbs and plants, their properties and dangers. Wisdom is more about the knowledge of how to use said knowledge. You need both, they are equally important as it would not be useful to know where the leaves of the holly grows and that it can be used to reduce the pain when healing a broken bone if, when the time comes, you do not have the wisdom to remind yourself that it would be useful when you are faced with healing a broken bone. In short, wisdom is more common sense while intelligence is knowing facts."

In your own words explain what you think it means to be intelligent: "Like I mentioned before, intelligence is the knowing of facts." The small stallion chuckled lightly, "It is something I try to strengthen every day and pass it on to my young pupils."

How much wood could a woodchuck cut if a woodchuck wielded an ax?: Dayunsi blinked a few times as he tried to work out what the question was. "Well, I don't really know. Is it a rather persistent woodchuck perhaps?" Wrinkling his nose, the flutter stallion paused carefully. "I would have to say an axe gives a woodchuck an advantage over one without so maybe he could cut double the amount of wood if he had one? I know the two-leggers use them often enough for that."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:08 pm
Owner's Name: Tenko72
Participating Soquili: Kai
Link to Teepee: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22590141

What do you feel the difference between intelligence and wisdom is?: After thinking about it, I think intelligence is like a seed and wisdom is more like a tree. You can be very intelligent, but not necessarily wise. Not yet, anyway. On the flip-side, I've never met anyone who was stupid and wise. So, I think becoming intelligent makes you want to grow become wise.

In your own words explain what you think it means to be intelligent: Intelligence is all about knowing facts.

How much wood could a woodchuck cut if a woodchuck wielded an ax?: What is an ax? I'd be able to give a much better answer if I knew that. I'll hazard a guess and say the woodchuck could cut at least one tree's worth of wood, but I'd really rather not think about it. It just sends shivers down my spine.  

Tenko72

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100

Jezbel

8,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:31 am
Owner's Name: Jezbel
Participating Soquili: Blessed Be
Link to Teepee: X

What do you feel the difference between intelligence and wisdom is?:
"Oh my that IS a query." She paused and pondered thoughtfully. "I suppose I would count intelligence as just knowing things, but wisdom is experience and truly understanding them."

In your own words explain what you think it means to be intelligent:
"Well like I said earlier, intelligence is knowing things and being able to apply that knowledge in pertinent situations."

How much wood could a woodchuck cut if a woodchuck wielded an ax?:
She blinked in surprise "I'm sorry? Is this a trick question? I don't believe woodchucks can wield an axe... so.. none? "  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:18 pm
Owner's Name: zephira738
Participating Soquili: Cleíte
Link to Teepee: Link

“Ah, um. Let me think a minute… I suppose… I suppose it’s things you’ve learned as opposed to things that come intuitively? Like knowing a bee will sting you because you’ve been stung before, that’s intelligence, that's learned. But both are equally important.”

“To be willing to learn, from past mistakes, from those wiser, from experiences that life offers, and to be attentive and remember the things you’ve experienced. Not to make the same foolish mistake over and over and over and insist that you’re doing nothing wrong, that would be the opposite of intelligent.”

“Now there’s a scary thought! I expect he’d cut as much as he wanted to, at least over time. I… I have no idea how much that might be though. Maybe enough to build a nice woodchuck-sized home? It could take a while, I expect the ax would need to be tiny. But persistence often pays off.”  

zephira738

Timid Hunter

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:22 pm
Owner's Name: Natsuko-neko
Participating Soquili: Marino

"I think the difference is with one you have more or less knowledge about things, while the other is understanding the world around you."

"To be one who collects knowledge is what it means."

"A lot!"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:18 am
Owner's Name: Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
Participating Soquili: Azure

What do you feel the difference between intelligence and wisdom is?: Well, I guess I'd say... Intelligence comes with lots and lots of study, but wisdom comes with age! You can be intelligent but unwise, just like you can be unintelligent and the wisest Soquili ever! It really all depends on which you think is more important, studying the whys and hows or living them. Personally I'd much rather live them! All that studying gets so boring!

In your own words explain what you think it means to be intelligent: Well, being intelligent just means you know things! They might be things everyone knows, like the sky is blue and the grass is green, or they might be things not everyone knows like why things are the way they are. Don't tell anyone, but I'm really not as smart as everyone seems to think I am! Sure, I know things. But I don't really know things that everyone seems to think I should.

How much wood could a woodchuck cut if a woodchuck wielded an ax?: Oh I don't know, why would a woodchuck be cutting wood in the first place? Does he need to build a fire or something? Can't he just gather twigs for that? If you ask me, it seems very silly that he'd be cutting a bunch of wood for no reason! Maybe even sillier than I am.  

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Crew

Shameless Elocutionist

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:59 pm
Owner's Name: Kesmi
Participating Soquili: Nightling
Link to Teepee: Here

the difference between the two seems simple enough when you 'think' about it. Being intelligent ain't always going to go hand in hand with wisdom. To be wise is to have experiences things that no one else has and learning from those experiences. To be intelligent, to be able to hold conversations and know where you are. Watch, listen and learn, these are sure signs that one has the ability to make 'intelligent' choices.

To me, to be intelligent is to have the ability to learn from others and act accordingly to what is learned. There are many ways to interpret this, a mother can say that her foal was intelligent by doing something another foal has yet to accomplish. Or another could be that you make intelligent choices in a stressful situation where most would rush head long into and come out on the losing end. *Shrugs* Its all in the eyes of the beholder, no real right or wrong way to say it.

If a woodchuck wielded such an item the forests would be safe and my herbs would be harder and harder to find. *frowns* Who in their right mind would give an animal such a thing?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:06 pm
Owner's Name: LOLTERNATIVE
Participating Soquili: Vanya
Link to Teepee: x

Vanya raised a brow and pursed her lips, claws clicking on the ground as she thought for the moment. Shaking her head, she looked up. "Is there a difference? I don't know; I don't bother myself with such trivial things. I suppose.. Intelligence is having every answer and wisdom is knowing which answer to give."

In your own words explain what you think it means to be intelligent: "Having a lot of knowledge? Being able to use the knowledge and make sense of it? I suppose a lot of people can know a lot but not use it or make sense of it.."

How much wood could a woodchuck cut if a woodchuck wielded an ax?: Raising a brow, Vanya snorted. "If that's all the questions you have, I'll take my leave. What nonsense," she turned and sauntered away. "The answer is twelve, by the way," she called back, voice full of amusement.  

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

Bardess Ookami

Devoted Bibliophile

14,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:22 am
Owner's Name: Bardess Ookami
Participating Soquili: Inoshishioni
Link to Teepee: Home sweet home.

Inoshishioni sat back and reflected upon the question. Intelligence and Wisdom. It was a fascinating preponderance, actually. There were several differences, but he wondered if perhaps they were such that no two people, or more likely few people, saw the same divisions. Where he drew the lines? Well, he figured that intelligence probably referred to the capacity to retain things you learned from external sources. It isn't the knowledge of anything, but rather your ability to learn it. Wisdom, on the other hoof, he saw as the thought process where one reflected and learned from thoughts and from discourse. Wisdom came from debate, either with oneself or with another. You needed to be able to learn, to have wisdom, so intelligence was a prerequisite for wisdom. He did not think that any could be wise without having at least a bare minimum of intelligence, but he was open to the possibility. Was not the point of every day to learn?

He wondered how that differed from the previous question, save that it focused on one over the other. He supposed that to be intelligent, that it meant one could absorb more and more information, and could repeat it back.

Now, some might wonder why a woodchuck would wield an axe. Now, Inoshishi might be one of those, just because it could be interesting to conjecture, however, he was used to dealing in hypothetical. As such, he took the question at face value. So, how much wood could a woodchuck cut if a woodchuck wielded and axe? The logical approach would require more information. What size and age woodchuck? Ho large is the axe? What is he or she using for leverage? Is the wood still in the form of trees, or has it been chopped down already, allowing for a different angle of attack? Is the bark still on it? At that, what sort of wood is it? A soft wood, a hard wood? However, looking at it from a philosophical angle, he supposed it hinged on why a woodchuck might wish to attack wood with an axe. After all, motivation could be the largest driving force. Well, then again, there was the smart alec point of view to consider. After all, everyone knew that woodchucks didn't cut wood, they cut classes. "Thank you, I'll be here all week."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:06 am
Owner's Name: Phail Ninja
Participating Soquili: Casper

What do you feel the difference between intelligence and wisdom is?: Casper paused, giving the questioner a cold look. "Well, intelligence would be the ability to gather information, whereas wisdom would mean having a wealth of experience and knowledge, and using it with good judgement. Someone could be intelligent, but not wise. I think in order to be wise, you'd have to have some degree of intelligence, however. Happy?"

Not bothering to hide his disdainful snort, the stallion turned his head away. "Didn't I just answer that? Do you have ears? Clearly this intelligence is something you lack if you do not possess the ability to recall the definition I gave not two seconds ago."

Looking almost angry, the stallion turned his back to the questioner. "You make a mockery of me. How would a woodchuck ever be able to pick up and use an axe? Honestly, people these days."  

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:46 am
Owner's Name:
Syaoran-Puu
Participating Soquili:
Jayden
Link to Teepee:
Homeward bound

Jayden quirked a brow at the question. "Why would I feel anything? Let alone between intelligence and wisdom....hmph!" He snorted, what silly two-legger questions. He was a killing machine, all he needed was the intelligence to know when to strike and when not.... nothing else mattered to him.

"If you want to know such silly things perhaps seek out my twin, Vanity. She might be more entertaining of them.... then again...." He smirked. "Probably not." He chuckled, revealing two lines of spiked teeth. "Would make an interesting show if nothing else."

Jayden again quirked a brow, seriously what was with these questions? "Huh?" He said, making a noise of disguist. "I am still alive am I not? There.... intelligence for you. I'm smart enough not to die." Duh! What else could it mean?

Jayden slammed a hoof to the ground in aggression. What was an ax? What was a woodchuck? He was getting a headache. "Screw whatever that is... let's just burn the forest down and be done with it." Huffs and walks home.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:00 am
Owner's Name: Nisshou H
Participating Soquili: Zelcion
Link to Teepee: xXx

What do you feel the difference between intelligence and wisdom is?: "That's simple enough. Intelligence is the outer shell of knowledge and wisdom is the interior." Zelcion smiled a cat's smile and idly curled his tail around his hind leg. "I highly recommend pondering over that for a while."

In your own words explain what you think it means to be intelligent: "Again, this is a very easy question, can you come up with nothing more difficult?" He smirked. "To be intelligent is to be capable of outwitting those around you. What exactly that means I will leave to your imagination. I'm sure you'll come up with part of it. I've been wrong before though, as hard as that may be to believe."

How much wood could a woodchuck cut if a woodchuck wielded an ax?: Zelcion pulled his head back and scrunched his face up in confusion. "A woodchuck? One of those fat rodents? Don't be ridiculous. If it had an ax it would not know what to make of it and it would either kill itself on the blade or leave it where it found it."  

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:55 am
Owner's Name: tefla
Participating Soquili: Tsunami
Link to Teepee: Here

What do you feel the difference between intelligence and wisdom is?:"Wisdom is something that only comes with age and experience. Intelligence is something that stays with you in the moment that you realize something. Sadly I think I'm lacking in intelligence at the moment." She gives her head a sad little shake before softly smiling, "Oh well. Next question."

In your own words explain what you think it means to be intelligent:Tsunami gives this question a little thought before spreading out her wings. "In my own words ... I think being intelligent means being not like me. For Thunderbird's sake ... I agreed to stay with a skinwalker. That is not a prime example of intelligence. Maybe ask another Soquili?"

How much wood could a woodchuck cut if a woodchuck wielded an ax?: Tsunami gives a confused look to the question. "Is it even possible for this scenario to occur? I suppose he could chuck wood until he gets tired but I don't think woodchucks can wield axes."  
Archived

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff