Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply The Vault
How the Jaft Stole Phunkeh - Presents and Love Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 517 518 519 520 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you love the holiday season?
'Tis the season to make merry.
40%
 40%  [ 24 ]
I'm gonna frag Santa this time around.
32%
 32%  [ 19 ]
I'd rather just chill at home.
27%
 27%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 59

Kufasir

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:36 pm
Already up to 100 pages. Good show.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:37 pm
yay Tae love! *huggle cling loves on*  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:40 pm
*huggles Sanzo* heart Love to go around. biggrin

Tae: In psychiatric wards, it was observed that sometimes patients with epilepsy, when they had several seizures, would get better. This was a while back, when people were first trying to actually help crazy people instead of just locking them up and hoping they would go away and die. razz So they theorized that if epileptics would get better by having a seizure, why not the other people? So they started administering ECT to all the patients in psychiatric wards, it was mandatory. And a small percentage, very very small, got better. Like, completely better. But they didn't realize at the time that they didn't need to use so many treatments to cure the people (they used hundreds, when only like 6 are needed) and it caused brain damage after a while. Also, they used electrodes on both sides of the brain, which caused even more damage, and the people were conscious at the beginning, which caused them to become traumatized. So after a time, they discovered that the only people being helped were those with depression. And over time the technique got refined. They put the people to sleep and hook them up to a breathing machine, so there's no chance of them dying from lack of oxygen. They only use the treatment on one side of the brain, at a less dangerous voltage, for shorter, and only a few treatments, and the treatments are more spaced out. The reason they still have that treatment is because it works so dramatically well. Patients who are so depressed they won't even get up to use the washroom will have a full 180 turn and be happy and laughing and working again in almost no time. It's amazing.

/huge rant  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:40 pm
TL;DR.

@_@  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:46 pm
O_O I am amazed by your knowledge Kerri, bow down to the knowledgeable  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:49 pm
Sanzo: Heh. sweatdrop Thanks..? That totally sounds like I'm endorsing it though. razz I do think that shocking people is a grotesque concept. But it works so well.. D:  

Kerrigan_dragon

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:51 pm
Kerrigan_dragon
*huggles Sanzo* heart Love to go around. biggrin

Tae: In psychiatric wards, it was observed that sometimes patients with epilepsy, when they had several seizures, would get better. This was a while back, when people were first trying to actually help crazy people instead of just locking them up and hoping they would go away and die. razz So they theorized that if epileptics would get better by having a seizure, why not the other people? So they started administering ECT to all the patients in psychiatric wards, it was mandatory. And a small percentage, very very small, got better. Like, completely better. But they didn't realize at the time that they didn't need to use so many treatments to cure the people (they used hundreds, when only like 6 are needed) and it caused brain damage after a while. Also, they used electrodes on both sides of the brain, which caused even more damage, and the people were conscious at the beginning, which caused them to become traumatized. So after a time, they discovered that the only people being helped were those with depression. And over time the technique got refined. They put the people to sleep and hook them up to a breathing machine, so there's no chance of them dying from lack of oxygen. They only use the treatment on one side of the brain, at a less dangerous voltage, for shorter, and only a few treatments, and the treatments are more spaced out. The reason they still have that treatment is because it works so dramatically well. Patients who are so depressed they won't even get up to use the washroom will have a full 180 turn and be happy and laughing and working again in almost no time. It's amazing.

/huge rant

I've had plenty of seizures, and they don't affect me, for better or for worse. : D I'm happy that other people's spaz attacks help them feel better, but for myself personally, they have no bearing on my moods. (I usually feel like I've been hit by a truck after a seizure, which isn't exactly fun.)

I am really relieved to hear about people having good experiences with ECT, and I'm glad that it can cause such a dramatic change in their life. Because honestly, the only people I've ever met who've been subjected to it had horrible experiences. There's a good reason it's a last-resort sort of thing.  
Sanzoskitsune
O_O I am amazed by your knowledge Kerri, bow down to the knowledgeable

To think she is dating me XD  

Red Glacier

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Well its good to have the information anyway Kerri  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:57 pm
User Image

For the Jaft :3  

Red Glacier

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:59 pm
gonk that is a scary Santa! that's the on that stalks everyone!!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:01 pm
Tae: Severe severe depression is what was cured by epileptics having seizures. Not a bad mood or anything. They don't know why They're still working on refining the process, and until fairly recently psychiatric wards were still kinda evil torturous places. razz So it's getting better, but bad experiences were all too common, and still are. But at least it's getting better. smile

Sanzo: The More You Know... biggrin

Viral: o.o I cry now. crying  

Kerrigan_dragon

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:02 pm
Sanzoskitsune
gonk that is a scary Santa! that's the on that stalks everyone!!
Alll shall cry havoc in the replacement of my lack of intelligence >.> twisted  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:06 pm
.....I'm hungry...

*eats the first person she see's (i.e. the person who posts right after this)*  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:08 pm
Eats the first person you see's. You see is what? o.o  
The Vault

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 517 518 519 520 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games