Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Diagon Alley Streets Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                  Welcome to the end of eras
                                                  Ice has melted back to life
                                                  Done my time and served my sentence
                                                  Dress me up and watch me die

════════════════════════

Hᴀʟғ-Vᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ || Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ

════════════════════════

Zach was officially convinced that daylight was the devil's work. It had to be. His mum and dad didn't have to be up this early, so why did he? Also, why did it have to be so sunny? He was pretty sure he was going to fry. The young half-vampire bared his fangs as he squinted up at the glowing death disk, thinking it had to be a conspiracy. Vampires shouldn't be out this early, and they shouldn't be subjected to toxic UV rays from the sun. Besides, it wasn't like he didn't get out. He usually went outside when it was dusk, like a sane person would. Not this early morning stuff.

He looked back toward Desi, who he knew had to be hating this just as much as he was. The only good thing was that he didn't have to pretend to be normal. Uncle Bas at least knew that they both weren't quite human, and he knew that his aunt's brother-in-law also knew, so that he didn't have to worry about. Heck, even Uncle Lea was sending his brother with them, so DJ had to know they were vampires as well.

Irregardless of whether anyone knew he was a vampire or not, he was still suffering from the broiling sun and he adjusted the sunglasses his uncle Chalmes had gotten him. Chalmes was off with his own kids getting their supplies, so Zach couldn't hang out with his cooler cousin. Nothing against Kory, but Desi didn't like her because she was loud. Zach really could empathize there, since there were times that Kory gave him a headache too. He just wasn't as sensitive as Desi was about it. Giving the rest of the group he was with a look, he put his hands behind his head as he cocked it to the side.
                                                  "So where are we going first? Grandfather said he was getting our books, right? And Uncle Damien was getting the wands too. What else did we have to get? We can go other places, right?" He was just curious to see the rest of Diagon Alley. Granted, it was a lot busier during the day than it was at night, but Zach figured if anyone bothered them too much, he could always bite them. Self-defence, after all. Plus, there were a lot more places open during the day than at night.

════════════════════════

Thinking: I want to see the rest of this place, but it's too sunny...
                                                  OOC:

-◎-

If it feels good, tastes good
                                                  It must be mine
                                                  Dynasty decapitated
                                                  You just might see a ghost tonight

The Forgotten Weasley

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:20 am
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxDiagon Alley
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxBas, Balder, Zach, DJ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAnnoyed
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

тнє ∂αяк ¢αяиιναℓ ιѕ ιи тσωи, уσυ вєттєя вє яєα∂уxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          נυѕт fσℓℓσω тнє ραяα∂є σf ∂αи¢ιиg ѕкєℓєтσиѕxxxxxxxxx
                                                          fυℓℓ σf gнσυℓιѕн ∂єℓιgнтѕ αяσυи∂ єνєяу ¢σяиєяxxxxxx
                                                          ∂σи'т тєℓℓ уσυя ραяєитѕ уσυ'яє нєяє - тнєу ωιℓℓ ѕσσи вє мσυяиєяѕxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceDesi wished she had a parasol. A legit, old school, Victorian era 'delicate noble ladies didn't need to be exposed to the sun' type parasol. She needed it. She and her brother were slathered in the sunscreen that their mother and Grandpa Jon had made especially for them, and she could still swear she was already pink. They'd only been out for ten minutes, max! This was torture! And it wasn't even overcast. This was England, dammit, it was always overcast! Not today, though. Apparently the sun got the memo that the two vampire kids were going to be out and about and told the clouds to bugger off. Jerk.

spaceAt least she'd remembered her ear plugs, she thought, nose wrinkling as she stepped in closer to her twin. It was loud. She'd never been here in the day before, but now that she was, she found she didn't much care for it. She half wanted to run straight to her dad's work and hide under his desk like she had when she was little and didn't want to be away from him. Then again, she was feeling that way a lot. It wasn't fair. She didn't really want to go to school! She'd never see her dad. She'd see Mum all the time, sure, but it wasn't like it was a secret that the two of them didn't always get along. She was a daddy's girl, so sue her. Mum didn't let her get away with nearly as much nonsense. Dad was basically made of putty, he'd give her almost anything if she pouted enough. Or, he had when she was younger. Not as much now, but he was still more of a pushover than their mother was.

spaceShe glanced at her uncle with narrowed eyes.
                                                          "Why do we even have to go shopping?" she whined. "Grandma Nicole could've given Miss McK- Mrs. Donati, our measurements for robes. Grandpa Gearvin's getting our books. Uncle Damien's bringing our wands to our house. Grandpa Jon has all the cauldrons and vials and potion ingredients we could ever need." She crossed her arms, glaring up at the older blonde boys. "This whole thing seems like an excuse to get you guys to take DJ for his stuff since you don't know him well enough to've taken him without us. No offense, DJ." It wasn't like Uncle Lea wouldn't have let the boys... well, okay. After the whole big blow up with Balder's family, she guessed he wouldn't have let them take DJ without them. At least if they were along, the boys had to be afraid of their mother killing them if something bad happened. Not that she wouldn't do that over DJ, too. Sometimes Desi found it confusing when people said that her mother was sweet. She was almost as much of a dragon as Aunt Tria sometimes.

spaceShe ignored the way her uncle was glaring at her, marching along beside her brother, almost crowding him. Not that he wasn't used to it. "Your parents want you to meet people," Sebastian replied, already sounding tired. Good. She was, too. "Socialize. With someone other than your brother and cousins."

spaceShe bit back the retort that'd been on the tip of her tongue, and huffed.
                                                          "How're we supposed to socialize on a shopping trip?" she asked, disbelief evident in her tone. "It's shopping. No one socializes when they're shopping."

spaceBas snorted. "You just think that because you only ever go shopping at night. Or with Oma. Oma hates shopping, she wouldn't socialize on a shopping trip if the bloody pope stopped into the supermarket and fancied a chat."

spaceDesi snorted and rolled her eyes.
                                                          "Why would she wanna talk to the pope? It's not like we're Catholic," she pointed out.

spaceSebastian shrugged. "Ada met Michelle when they were out shopping for her school supplies first year." He didn't bother to add that maybe that wasn't the best example, all things considered. It was on the tip of his tongue, but he refrained. By the time Desi was old enough to form memories, Michelle was around again... sort of. The twins were weirdly fond of her, so he wasn't going to talk trash about her in front of them. Even if he was still a little salty over everything. Childhood trauma didn't disappear in the blink of an eye, after all. "There'll be a lot of other first years around. Some of them might even, insanely enough, be interested in making friends before school starts. Do some poor muggleborn a favor and be nice. Merlin knows Hogwarts is intimidating enough without being surrounded entirely by strangers."

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx¢σмє ιиѕι∂є fσя тнє яι∂є - уσυя ∂єєρєѕт, ∂αякєѕт fєαяѕ
                                                          xxxxxxтнє вєѕт иιgнт σf уσυя ℓιfє, уσυ'яє иєνєя ℓєανιиg нєяє
                                                          xxxxxxxxxтнє υикиσωи, тнє υиѕєєи ιѕ ωнαт уσυ'яє gσииα fιи∂
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxωιтиєѕѕ тнιѕ, ωιтиєѕѕ тнαт, υитιℓ уσυ ℓσѕє уσυя мιи∂

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Diamond Wales

The Forgotten Weasley

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:51 am
Some people call me the space cowboy, yeah
Some call me the gangster of love
Some people call me Maurice
'Cause I speak of the pompitous of love
People talk about me, baby
Say I'm doin' you wrong, doin' you wrong

DANIEL
JAMES
SHEPARD

first year │ halfblood │ unsorted

DJ squinted under the bright sunlight, dragging his feet a bit as he trudged along next to the Circus Twins. He only referred to Zach and Desi as that in his head, because if he said it out loud he was pretty sure someone would yell at him. And honestly, he was pretty proud of himself for not messing up and saying anything that made someone yell at him yet. He didn't know if they liked him all that much, although granted they'd sort of just met each other, but at least Desi was complaining about the shopping, and not him. Zach didn't seem too happy about it either, but Desi talked more.

He wanted to ask them like, a million questions, because he still didn't get how someone could be half a vampire. Lea said it was because their dad was one but their mom hadn't been when they'd been born and then gotten quiet and awkward because he thought DJ didn't know about sex. DJ knew, but he didn't want to talk about it with his weird older brother who he'd just met, so he'd let it go.

Still, how did that even work? Not the sex part, but what determined their vampire-y parts? Obviously they could walk around when it was day time and not like, explode, but they still had really sharp teeth and he wondered if they were like, super strong and fast too. He hoped so, because otherwise they'd probably get bullied a lot at school. They seemed like they'd never been to real school before.

Also Desi had a weird name- who named their kid Desire? Desire meant that you wanted to kiss someone or something, and who wanted to kiss their kid? Still he guessed they were pretty cool by virtue of only being part human. He just wished Lea could have taken him to get stuff, but Lea couldn't go out during the day and Lea said he needed to make friends or something.

DJ had never really had friends before. He either annoyed other kids, or they made him angry. The Circus Twins didn't really annoy him, although he thought they were probably really spoiled. He had no actual evidence for this aside from the fact that Desi reminded him of the kind of little girl whose dad would like, bury the bodies of the people she killed for her while baking her a cake. Daddy's princess or whatever it was called.

DJ didn't really get along with either of his parents. His dad said he was kind of dense and his mum was always telling him off for getting in the way. They were right, he was kind of dense and he did get in the way, but he wished they'd be nice to him sometimes. But he couldn't hold back the flood anymore.

"So you're Seb right?" he interrupted, shielding his eyes as he peered up blankly at the older boy. "Who are you again? Lea said you were an arsehole but I think he was joking, maybe. Also don't get mad at him, because he's a lot smaller than you and you could probably beat him up. Um, where are we going? If you guys already have everything, I mean? Am I supposed to get stuff while you do something else or- I don't really know where anything is and um I don't know who Michelle or Uncle Damien are but they're not related to me so am I supposed to go find them or?"

He felt stupid so he went quiet, trying to organize the interior of his head, which felt like it was spilling over, like a bucket of water. He hadn't been listening really, distracted by the bright, colorful shops and the bright, colorful people and all the noise, and now he probably sounded dumb. "I really want a wand, though," he added somewhat meekly.

OOC:
Diamond Wales

[quote="Cara MiaKitty]

Well, don't you worry baby, don't worry
'Cause I'm right here at home
'Cause I'm a picker, I'm a grinner
I'm a lover, and I'm a sinner
I play my music in the sun
I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a midnight toker
I sure don't want to hurt no one

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

xx⤑ Wԋҽɾҽ αɱ I? Diagon Alley Street
xxx⤑ Wԋσ'ʂ ɯιƚԋ ɱҽ? Dad, Michael, and Victoria
xxxx⤑ Wԋαƚ'ʂ ɠσιɳɠ σɳ? Learning about the magical world
xxxxx⤑ Wԋαƚ'ɾҽ ɱყ ƚԋσυɠԋƚʂ? "Oh please let this be a tech glitch"

Today had been a crazy day, to say the least. When Elisabet woke up, she never would have thought a strange man would come to her front door and tell her she was magical. He'd been invited inside to explain everything, and sure enough, he produced a letter from a place called Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He didn't seem crazy, so she agreed to go with him on a shopping trip. She asked her dad if he could join them, and he agreed, pushing off his visit to the office in order to be with his daughter. Luckily, his boss was understanding as always. He grabbed his cell phone and their metro passes, and they headed to the train station down the road.

The train led the group to London and Michael led them all to an odd little restaurant called the Leaky Cauldron. Nervously, Elisabet grabbed her father's hand. Both Michael and his daughter, Victoria, seemed perfectly calm about the place, so she figured it couldn't be something terrifying. He led them through and out the other door.... to a brick wall? The Amsels looked at each other in confusion, until the man pulled out a fancy stick, no, a magic wand, and tapped at a few bricks in particular. Before their eyes, the wall moved and opened, revealing a very busy street. Had that always been in the middle of London? It looked like it went diagonally through the other streets, so it really had to be magical. Elisabet gasped, covering her mouth with her prosthetic hand. She stepped through the threshold, and suddenly... it fizzled out and her hand went limp. She looked at her prosthetic curiously, then looked at her dad, nerves setting in without at least being able to pretend to have her missing hand.

Terrence held his daughter's arm, peering at the device, before tucking the fingers into her pocket. He decided to make a note of it in his cell phone.... when he realized it was blank like it'd been turned off. "Erm... Mister Michael? Does magic make electronics break?" Elisabet was genuinely worried that she'd have to get reacustomed to life with only one working hand, which would be tricky. Plus, she didn't really want to be known as "that girl with a nubby arm"... so hopefully it was just this weird magical road. As they walked a bit, Terrence looked worried at the prices he saw... though admittedly he had no idea what a 'galleon' was, apart from Spanish sailing ships... which probably wouldn't make good currency. "Well... you certainly have me convinced. What should we do first?" The man placed his hand comfortingly on his daughter's shoulder, since he could tell she was hesitant to dive headfirst into this all.

Devlyn Maycry

Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀɴ σρҽɳ ʂƙყ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ɾҽαʂσɳ ɯԋყ, ʏᴏᴜ sʜɪɴᴇ, ʂԋιɳҽ ყσυɾ ɯαყ
Tʜᴇʀᴇ's sᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴛᴏ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ, ᴀɴᴅ ɳσɯ ιƚ'ʂ ყσυɾ ƚυɾɳ, ᴛᴏ sʜɪɴᴇ, ʂԋιɳҽ ყσυɾ ɯαყ
Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ϝҽҽʅιɳɠ ԃҽҽρ ιɳʂιԃҽ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ Ⴆҽ ყσυɾ ɠυιԃҽ ᴛᴏ ꜰɪɴᴅ, ϝιɳԃ ყσυɾ ɯαყ
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ɴᴏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴜs ᴛᴏ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇ, ɠσƚ ƚσ ƚαƙҽ α ʅҽαρ σϝ ϝαιƚԋ, ᴀɴᴅ ꜰʟʏ, ϝʅყ αɯαყ
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴡᴀʟᴋ, ɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʀᴜɴ. Nσƚԋιɳɠ ƈαɳ ɠҽƚ ιɳ ყσυɾ ɯαყ
Aʟʟ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴇᴀʀs ᴡɪʟʟ ԃɾყ ϝαʂƚҽɾ ιɳ ƚԋҽ ʂυɳ, sᴛᴀʀᴛɪɴɢ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ,

Sσ ʂԋιɳҽ, ʂԋιɳҽ, ʂԋιɳҽ, Sԋιɳҽ ყσυɾ ɯαყ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:19 am
                                                  Welcome to the end of eras
                                                  Ice has melted back to life
                                                  Done my time and served my sentence
                                                  Dress me up and watch me die

════════════════════════

Hᴀʟғ-Vᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ || Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ

════════════════════════

Zach shifted immediately when Desi crowded closer to him, quite used to it as he listened to the older blond explain that they were here more to meet other people and not just shop. Oh, he knew that look on his twin's face, having been subjected to it when he talked to people Desi didn't want to talk to. He didn't say anything though, figuring that Desi was more than capable of speaking her mind with their uncle as he was. Instead he looked toward Balder, who was watching the entire exchange with a lip between his teeth as he was probably debating on what to say. He'd maybe met him once or twice, when they'd been over at their aunt's house for a dinner or something, but that didn't mean that they knew him well. However, his gaze shifted back toward DJ, who had asked about all the names being thrown around. Not that he blamed the other boy, he'd be pretty confused if he was thrust into a situation he had no clue about. "We don't have everything, we just have a lot of relatives that could get a lot of it. I guess we're here to socialize like Uncle Bas said, but we still have to get robes and stuff. Maybe even a pet too since Dad said that Desi could get one, which means I can too. I just don't know what kind yet."

Behind him he could swear he heard Balder perk up and Zach could only guess that the older teen was probably going to be sunny bright about the whole thing. "We can hit wherever you want to first. I just need to get some of my schoolbooks, and we can probably get your wand first if you want. Besides, everyone wants their wand when they go to Diagon Alley. I know I did, but mine came from Norway instead. Um, Damien is the guy that owns the wand shop, and um..." Zach could swear that Balder was trying to be as polite as he could about their aunt, but Zach wasn't going to say anything bad about her. After all, she was nice and polite, even if she did scream sometimes. Zach probably would have screamed too if he wasn't having a good day.

"Aunt Michelle's our aunt. She and our mum were best friends in school or something. I just know she stayed with us for a bit when we were younger." Balder groaned and Zach looked back with an innocent look. "Well she did! Plus she was really nice, so I don't know why everyone's so upset about her."

Balder facepalmed, knocking his glasses askew as he rubbed his forehead and straightened them right after. "Can we change the subject? I mean, we're supposed to be shopping, not talking about who's related to who. Besides, you can meet other students too while we're doing it."

Zach pointed back toward Desi, knowing what her opinion about meeting new people was going to be. "I'm just going to say now that if someone makes Desi freak out, I get to bite them. We don't know anyone here. What if they're some kind of vampire hunters or something? What happens then?"

Zach hid a bit of a grin as Balder groaned out loud. He didn't get a chance to really interact with the older blond, and Bas definitely knew him well enough to know when Zach was giving people grief. He couldn't help it if people were funny when they reacted to him. Besides, his mum had always told them to be themselves and try and talk to new people, so Zach figured if they could put up with him, then they were okay for Desi to interact with. After all, he didn't need the socializing, Desi did. "Then they'll have a very angry street likely. Do you even know how many people here know you two? I mean, half the street likely knows your mum and dad." The blond then looked back toward DJ apologetically. "So, do you have a preference for where we go first? Just name the place."

════════════════════════

Thinking: I want to see the rest of this place, but it's too sunny...
                                                  OOC:

-◎-

If it feels good, tastes good
                                                  It must be mine
                                                  Dynasty decapitated
                                                  You just might see a ghost tonight

The Forgotten Weasley

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:17 am
User Image

ᵂⁱˢʰ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵇᵘⁱˡᵈ ᵃ ᵗⁱᵐᵉ ᵐᵃᶜʰⁱⁿᵉ
                      ˢᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ˢᵉᵉ
                      ᵀʰᵉ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍˢ ⁿᵒ ᵒⁿᵉ ᶜᵃⁿ ˢᵉᵉ
                      ᶠᵉᵉˡˢ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ˢᵗᵃⁿᵈⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵉᵈᵍᵉ
                      ᴸᵒᵒᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵗᵃʳˢ
                      ᴬⁿᵈ ʷⁱˢʰⁱⁿᵍ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵉʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉᵐ

Ferdie was so hyped for this year. He wasn't one of the first years anymore! He mostly had to get his books but currently, he was trying to convince his parents to buy him a broom. They had both came out to shop with him this year. Usually, his mom preferred to go shop in not so crowded days but they decided to make it a family affair. He never truly understood why his mom preferred to go to, well not until his parent sat him down for The Talk. He figured he got a slightly different than more cause of his lineage. Now things were weird on family trips. But it made sense why his dad was sure holding his mom's hand a lot, especially when other grown up men were very friendly with his mom. As strange and slightly gross as it was to Ferdie he was still having a blast, they didn't need to get his robes fixed up Grandma had magically lengthened then the inch or two it needed and he didn't need all new supplies either and they were still good from last year. Perhaps books then ice cream? He didn't look forward to restocking his potion kit, that place always smelled weird.

[placing post feel free to talk to him]

ᴵᵗ'ˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵒᵛᵉʳ 'ᵗⁱˡ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵃˡˡ ᵇᵉᵉⁿ ˢᵃⁱᵈ‬
                      ‪ᴵᵗ'ˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵒᵛᵉʳ 'ᵗⁱˡ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵈʸⁱⁿᵍ ᵇʳᵉᵃᵗʰ‬
                      ‪ˢᵒ ʷʰᵃᵗ ᵈᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᵗᵒ ˢᵃʸ ʷʰᵉⁿ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵍᵒⁿᵉ?‬
                      ‪ᵀʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵃᵛᵉ ᵘᵖ ᵒʳ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵏᵉᵖᵗ ᵍᵒⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ?

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:47 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm 15 for a moment. Caught in between 10 and 20
                                                              And I'm
                                                              just dreaming, Counting the ways to where you are
                                                              I'm
                                                              22 for a moment... And she feels better than ever
                                                              And we're on fire,
                                                              making our way back from Mars

Michael had greeted the family with ease and jumped right into explaining about the magical world and Hogwarts and all of that fun stuff. Once that was out of the way and he had convinced the family he wasn't just some crazy bloke with a 7 year old in tow. With that done, the group made their way to Diagon Alley and then finally through the brick wall and onto the street. He glanced back when Terrence asked the question and then glanced at the phone and arm. He grimaced. "Well magic and electronics don't go great together, but with a lot of tinkering you can get them to work again. My son in law has what we have all deemed as the zombie radio. Its almost died quite a few times yet it is still running in a household full of witches and wizards." He nodded towards her arm and shrugged. "I'm sure as long as someone you know has some knowledge in how that thing works, you'll be able to get it up and running around magic."

Victoria was currently clinging to her father's back and she nodded her head in agreement. "Yupp Kory... she's my niece I guess? says the radio works great! Kory is gonna be going to school with you this year!" The little girl grinned and hopped off her father's back to walk next to him. "Where you gonna take them first daddy?" She asked curiously. Michael shrugged and snorted at the little girl. "That is up to them. Do you want to get your books first? Potion supplies? Robes? Wand?"

I'm 45 for a moment. The sea is high
                                                              And I'm heading into a crisis
                                                              Chasing the years of my life
                                                              15 there's still
                                                              time for you
                                                              Time to
                                                              buy and time to lose yourself... Within a morning star

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:53 am

xx⤑ Wԋҽɾҽ αɱ I? Diagon Alley Street
xxx⤑ Wԋσ'ʂ ɯιƚԋ ɱҽ? Dad, Michael, and Victoria
xxxx⤑ Wԋαƚ'ʂ ɠσιɳɠ σɳ? Learning about the magical world
xxxxx⤑ Wԋαƚ'ɾҽ ɱყ ƚԋσυɠԋƚʂ? "Oh please let this be a tech glitch"

Elisabet was already worried about this whole "magical" thing, but when Michael mentioned that magic and electronics didn't work together, her heart sank. He did mention that a lot of tinkering could potentially allow technology to work. But... if she had helped with the design of her own hand, surely she could figure out how to make it magical... The girl looked up at her dad, who offered an encouraging smile. The younger girl mentioned her niece, Kory, who was going to be a student this year. "I can't wait to meet her... if she's as nice as you, anyway." She grinned at Victoria, earning a quiet chuckle from her dad. They watched the girl climb to the ground, then ask where they should go. "If we have time, I'd love to check out some of these shops.... but what do we need, exactly?" Elisabet chuckled at her father, knowing his love of the bizarre. One of his friends called him 'eclectic', and she figured that described him pretty well.

The older girl offered Terrence her list of supplies, and he simply raised and eyebrow at the list. Without Michael, they'd be absolutely lost as to where to find this stuff. The other man offered them the choice, and immediately, Terrence knew which his daughter would choose. "My wand... that one seems most important... and it'd be pretty awesome to have my own! Ooooh, can we get that first?" Excitement sparkled in her eyes, a smile adorning her lips. It would be so neat to have a wand, and she was excited to choose one that would look really nice. If nothing else, she could pick the one with the best magical stats. It was definitely going to be great. Even if her arm didn't work in the magic, it was still pretty cool to know you were magic. Elisabet slid her hand into her dad's, the man calmly holding onto the girl.

Devlyn Maycry

Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀɴ σρҽɳ ʂƙყ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ɾҽαʂσɳ ɯԋყ, ʏᴏᴜ sʜɪɴᴇ, ʂԋιɳҽ ყσυɾ ɯαყ
Tʜᴇʀᴇ's sᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴛᴏ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ, ᴀɴᴅ ɳσɯ ιƚ'ʂ ყσυɾ ƚυɾɳ, ᴛᴏ sʜɪɴᴇ, ʂԋιɳҽ ყσυɾ ɯαყ
Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ϝҽҽʅιɳɠ ԃҽҽρ ιɳʂιԃҽ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ Ⴆҽ ყσυɾ ɠυιԃҽ ᴛᴏ ꜰɪɴᴅ, ϝιɳԃ ყσυɾ ɯαყ
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ɴᴏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴜs ᴛᴏ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇ, ɠσƚ ƚσ ƚαƙҽ α ʅҽαρ σϝ ϝαιƚԋ, ᴀɴᴅ ꜰʟʏ, ϝʅყ αɯαყ
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴡᴀʟᴋ, ɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʀᴜɴ. Nσƚԋιɳɠ ƈαɳ ɠҽƚ ιɳ ყσυɾ ɯαყ
Aʟʟ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴇᴀʀs ᴡɪʟʟ ԃɾყ ϝαʂƚҽɾ ιɳ ƚԋҽ ʂυɳ, sᴛᴀʀᴛɪɴɢ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ,

Sσ ʂԋιɳҽ, ʂԋιɳҽ, ʂԋιɳҽ, Sԋιɳҽ ყσυɾ ɯαყ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:58 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxDiagon Alley
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxBas, Balder, Zach, DJ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAnnoyed
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

тнє ∂αяк ¢αяиιναℓ ιѕ ιи тσωи, уσυ вєттєя вє яєα∂уxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          נυѕт fσℓℓσω тнє ραяα∂є σf ∂αи¢ιиg ѕкєℓєтσиѕxxxxxxxxx
                                                          fυℓℓ σf gнσυℓιѕн ∂єℓιgнтѕ αяσυи∂ єνєяу ¢σяиєяxxxxxx
                                                          ∂σи'т тєℓℓ уσυя ραяєитѕ уσυ'яє нєяє - тнєу ωιℓℓ ѕσσи вє мσυяиєяѕxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceDesi was busy deciding that Sebastian was her least favorite uncle when DJ began questioning him, and tuned out most of the boy's rambling in favor of glaring at the two blondes. Balder hadn't done anything, yet, but he was best friends with Uncle Bas so he had to be just as annoying. That made perfect sense to her, anyway.

spaceShe did hear her brother speaking, mostly because she always paid attention to Zach's voice, even if she ignored everyone else half the time.
                                                          "Socializing is horrible," she pouted, nose wrinkling in obvious distaste. "People are always too loud, and sometimes they're annoying, and there's too many of them here anyway."

spaceShe did perk up slightly at Zach's mention of their getting pets. "Dad only said I could get a cat," she teased, skipping slightly next to her twin. "He didn't say you could get anything. You'll be in so much trouble!" It wasn't true, of course. If she was given anything, obviously her brother was entitled to it as well. Her parents didn't play favorites, at least not like that. She'd always had their father wrapped a little tighter around her finger than her brother could manage, and their mother had doted on Zach much more than his sister once she'd realized how finicky Desi was, and how much more spoiled she was getting. But, it was always obvious that both parents loved both children very much equally, if differently. Besides, even if their dad was angry over Zach getting a pet he'd not been told he could get, their mum would just bat her eyes and tell him it was fine until he let it go. Then they'd go off to the bedroom to do stuff that they all pretended the twins weren't perfectly aware of. Ew.

spaceDesi pulled a face at the mention of getting books. She didn't want to carry books. They were heavy! She liked reading books, not lugging them around all over the place. Deciding that Balder had provided an insufficient explanation of who Damien was, she grabbed DJ's arm, and pointed towards Ollivander's.
                                                          "Uncle Damien is one of our Mum's best friends, he makes all the wands! Or, well, some of them, his cousin Seth makes them, too. He made our wands special for us, he said. But, Mum wanted to be with us when we get them, so we can't have them until tonight. We can get yours, though!" She was actually sort of interested in that. Since she wouldn't get to try different wands out, she wouldn't get to have the experience of wondering which was the correct one as they were handed to her. DJ would, though. "We should get your wand! It'll be fun!"

spaceOn the one hand, the wand shop would likely be crowded. On the other hand, Uncle Damien didn't let people get loud or roughhouse in his store (except Gid, but Gid could not be controlled by mortal men). It would probably be doable... Actually, that was brilliant. She glanced at Sebastian and Balder. "Let's get DJ's wand! There'll be people there, but they've gotta be quiet or Uncle Damien'll kick them out. That sounds brilliant to me." If she had to socialize, she wanted to socialize where it was at least reasonably quiet. And where people were likely to be distracted by wand stuff and only half trying to talk to her.

spaceSebastian hummed slightly, glancing towards the shop. It didn't look too crowded... yet. So Desi would probably not freak out on them, he figured. "If that's what DJ wants to do," he said. "Since he'll be the only one getting a wand. You both have your earplugs, right? In case something, uh. Explodes?" Normally wands with averse reactions weren't too destructive, since Damien was good at his job. But you never knew when someone would seem like the complete opposite of what they were.

spaceDesi nodded, pointing to her ears.
                                                          "If I didn't have them I wouldn't have even walked out the door," she chirped. Meanwhile, she was feeling much better about this whole thing. Her brother had said he'd bite anyone who freaked her out, which would be funny enough to almost be worth this whole ordeal. He'd been joking about the vampire hunters, of course, but that wouldn't stop her from building off of that joke if she got too bored or too annoyed. And she was pretty sure he hadn't really been joking about the biting. If someone really upset her, she had no doubt he'd do it. She'd do the same for him, after all.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx¢σмє ιиѕι∂є fσя тнє яι∂є - уσυя ∂єєρєѕт, ∂αякєѕт fєαяѕ
                                                          xxxxxxтнє вєѕт иιgнт σf уσυя ℓιfє, уσυ'яє иєνєя ℓєανιиg нєяє
                                                          xxxxxxxxxтнє υикиσωи, тнє υиѕєєи ιѕ ωнαт уσυ'яє gσииα fιи∂
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxωιтиєѕѕ тнιѕ, ωιтиєѕѕ тнαт, υитιℓ уσυ ℓσѕє уσυя мιи∂

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Diamond Wales

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:01 am
Rhett Fang Ye
<2nd year>

Usually Rhett's father did not venture to Diagon Alley unless for business and often, at least in Lola's history, combined business trips selling his wands with school shopping. Rhett never quite understood why as it was not like floo powder was expensive. As he got older he noticed his father had some quirks and was likely introverted, preferring the seclusion of their cottage to the bustling shopping district. Still Rhett's father had made a special trip today for them to get his shopping done and Rhett was thankful it was his Dad instead of his sister who was too nosy. What if he met one of his classmates? Faina was one thing as she already knew his sister some but he didn't want too many people to see him with her and label him a baby. Ugh, Lola liked to act so grown up sometimes! She was but still...

As it was he didn't have to worry about that, just a mostly quiet shadow. Rhett was walking along when he caught sight of Ferdie the Hufflepuff cousin he had. Not an actual cousin but they both had non-human moms. "Dad! Look a friend!" Rhett called out, though Ferdie and he didn't spend a lot of time together Rhett felt that being they had similar heritages they were friends by fate if nothing else. Running ahead Rhett waved at Ferdie and said, "Hi-ya, how are you? School shopping too?" He looked up to see a man that looked a little like Ferdie and then a stunning woman, who Rhett assumed was his mom. No human looked that perfect and he could see the looks men were giving the woman. Rhett wasn't oblivious. "Oh, you must be Ferdie's parents. I'm Rhett Ye and this..." he looked behind him to see his father catch up, "and this is my Dad."

His Dad blushed at the sight of Ferdie's mum but quickly composed himself and held out a hand, "Hello, I am Kai."

Time: 2037-2038
                  Looking: Ready for Adventure

Hello, then, Rhett
                  Hm, adventurous and reckless,
                  And you like pranks and can't sit still
                  Yes, I know just where to place you

Gryffindor!

{OoC: }
                  Kungfudemoness

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:56 am
User Image

ˢᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ˢᵉᵉ
                      ᴸᵒᵒᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵗᵃʳˢ

Ferdie turned when he heard a friend run up. Well recent friend. They met last year and hung in class but the friendship was only just blossoming. He greeted Rhett with a friendly hug. They knew each other enough for Ferdie to do so. "Yea we're doing a whole family trip today!" Ferdie said excited the day was going oh so well. He had a friend the likely would be needing the same supplies. Thier parents where meeting with Rhetts dad looking a bit red in his face. Though Dad didn't seem to mind to much. Especially after Mom lightly elbowed him. Secrect parent gestures? Oh well. "We should hang out here if our parents are ok with it." He said to Rhett and by extension the parents. His parents seemed ok with it. Well Mom said she was ok with company and dad followed suit. Then it was up Rhetts Dad, Kai.

mc2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:29 pm
User Image
Faina Patrovna-Harcroft
SlytherinSecond YearTwelve Years OldSingle

Faina was walking along Diagon Alley, looking at the shop windows, her kid sister practically clinging to her as they walked along. No longer an incoming First Year, she felt more like she belonged here than she had previously; even so she still was wary of all these strangers around her. "Mozhem li my poyti v magazin sladostey, Faina?" Katya asked her, in a small voice. Faina sighed, and answered her, "We might, Kitten, if we get everything on the list and have money left over."

She didn't take it as a good sign her sister not speaking English, when she spoke at all. Granted, while they'd been visiting family, both of them spoke Russian exclusively, much to the delight of their grandmother whom feared their education about the kinsmen had been short-changed by their very English father, but they were back in England now. Katya needed to fit in better if she were to have a better time of things, especially at school. A couple kids whom picked on Katya had already learned the hard way she had a protector. It annoyed Faina she wasn't allowed to practice her magic off school grounds- there were a few amusing curses she would have enjoyed inflicting upon the kids whom bullied her sister for being an odd duck -- however, a swift kick and a right cross were way more satisfying, especially the thump they made when the fell onto the ground.

Katya suddenly tugged on her arm, and pointed toward one of the shops they were passing, and asked, "Mozhem li my poyti v magazin dlya domashnikh zhivotnykh? YA khochu kotenka, shchenka ili pigmeyev." Faina scowled; so far as she was concerned, a pet was a luxury, another mouth to feed, and something else she'd need to care for. As she spoke her own Russian accent was noticeably stronger than it was previously; a holdover from their visit with their mother's family. "If you want a pet," she told her sister, not wanting to inflict her pragmatism upon her, "you'll need to ask Cousin Sergei. He is head of house, he makes the rules. Besides, we already have a 'kitten' in the house." Katya smiled, and chuckled softly. "Mne zhal', chto ya ne poyedu v Khogvarts."

"Your time will come, Kitten. Be patient, the snows will fly soon enough," Faina assured her sister. As the two girls walked along, Faina hoped to spot friends among the crowds in the street.

OOC: Open for Interaction
OOC: Rhett and Ferdie: May Faina join you two?

OOC:
Kungfudemoness

mc2

User Image
                  "Precious and fragile things, need special handling
                  My God what have we done to you?

We always try to share, the tenderest of care
                  Now look what we have put you through

Things get damaged, things get broken
                  I thought we'd manage, but words left unspoken
                  Left us so brittle, there was so little left to give "

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:58 am
Rhett Fang Ye
<2nd year>

Rhett felt a moment of envy when Ferdie mentioned they were doing a whole family trip since it was something his family could never do. His mother was bound to the New Forest. He quickly dismissed it because there was perks of his mother being a wood nymph like the fact she was bound to the New Forest that meant they had one of the most awesome cottages (in his opinion) in existence with greenery spilling out of every corner.

Rhett looked up to his Dad who was blushing and he squinted his eyes suspiciously at him. It was part Dad's nervousness at new people, Rhett knew, but Rhett suspected it was the beauty of Ferdie's mum too. She was a veela didn't they have that affect on people? Rhett figured he wasn't bothered by it because he didn't see girls as any different as boys really at the moment, not seeing the appeal of kissing and all that.

When asked to hang out, Rhett grinned and said, "Yes lets! Can I Dad?" His Dad nodded and waved a hand of agreement to the proposal. His Dad was not one to hold him back from his friends or socializing. "Awesome!" Rhett said with a grin. "Where were you going first?"

Hello, then, Rhett

Gryffindor!

Kungfudemoness

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:29 am
User Image

ˢᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ˢᵉᵉ
                      ᴸᵒᵒᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵗᵃʳˢ

Ferdie was so happy Rhett could join him. That make the trip that much more fun. "Well I still need to get my books, that place is likely crowded. Then restock supplies for potions at the smelly apothecary and I need new dragon hide gloves the seams ripped and we dont have a needle strong enough to handle dragon hide." He said thinking of where they needed to go. "I hoping to get a broom too seeing as I'm taking advanced flying. Are you taking it too?" Ferdie knew he wasn't going to be a qudditch player but it always good to be broom proficient. He did hope Rhett would also be in that class. Now that he had the hang of hogwarts he could work on those friendships.

mc2

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:08 am
Rhett Fang Ye
<2nd year>

Rhett nodded as Ferdie went over his list of places to go. They were all where he needed to go except to get a broom. He was planning on just using his sister's old broom as it wasn't necessary to get the best broom model since he was only taking advance flying not trying out for the quidditch team though even if he was it was likely he would stick with Lola's broom as his family couldn't really excuse the expense of a new broom. They weren't poor but they were far from rich too.

"I have to get my robes fixed as I grew but that'll be boring. I have books, potion supplies, too though," Rhett said with a slight frown as he considered where best to go. When asked about advance flying Rhett nodded and said, "Yep, I plan to. I'm just going to use my sister's old broom though. It's really nice so it's cool. I definitely want to look at brooms though. The new models are always great."

He paused and looked up at his Dad and then said, "We probably should get our school supplies first. A broom is a bit big to carry around and we don't want your new broom to get hurt in the crowd. How about we get books first and then the apothecary? I'll get my robes later. Dad goes to Diagon Alley a lot and I could always ask my sister to take me some other day too."

Hello, then, Rhett

Gryffindor!

Kungfudemoness

Quote:

Quote:

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games