Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:57 pm
Cavera and Blue Aviforth

Aviforth had boundless energy to spend, preferring to play instead of reign himself in, or, Faranth forbid, nap. There was too much to do! Too much fun to be had! He trumpets in return, taking a few hopsteps to show his exuberance. Forever and always! Though that wasn’t the case, and Aviforth knew it. His green sister could run laps around him, yet he’d still give it his best shot. Yet Metlath was too fun to not rise to the challenge!

Cavera quietly beams, and works on committing the names to memory. For they would be seeing a lot of each other, and wasn’t building good bonds part of it? Yet she hasn’t been a candidate long enough to most of the candidates that had been around her, let alone their names now that they were impressing. Plus western candidates that had impressed? She’d be introducing herself quite a lot. Yet she sees W’ill and Faloth stop in their game, yawning to find a place to nap. A tiredness begins to settle in her own bones, now that the adrenaline from that fresh bond was starting to wear off. Not that it wasn’t utterly amazing, but her exhaustion was setting in. Yet Aviforth looked like he could go on for hours.

The little blue let out a whine of displeasure as Faloth quit their game to go nap of all things. There were better things to do than sleep or duties! What about playing? Yet he near bugles in delight as Auksarath comes to join. Another cousin! And a sister, too! Aviforth crooned to Rosmuth, for his sisters were delightfully speedy, yet he adores them utterly. He had the best family, after all.

But one family member caused Aviforth to come to a screeching halt. His wings flared, helping to stop his run quite gracefully. Tucking his wings in, the little blue made his way closer to his cousin’s side. A wonderful cousin, handsome blue who Aviforth was all too content to stand by. Surely both of their looks could only compliment each other. Ingonth! So lovely to see you outside the shell. Not much news aside from you gracing us with your presence. It seems the kerfuffle on the sands hadn't affected him in the slightest. Why worry about something so tense? He paused, before leaning in towards his blue cousin, almost in a conspiring manner. What was it like, on top of Uncle’s head? Being up so high?

Ryuthulhu
S’kagi and Rosmuth

The_Muffin_Puppy
Ticene and Metlath

tatterpixie
W’ill and Faloth + Jeri and Auksarath

Smerdle
I’m so sorry, take this birdbrain.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:01 pm
Nyaranau [HR] - 19 - she/her/hers - App Beastcrafter Weyrling of Gold Mictecath

Impression Post

Time worked in funny ways.

Sometimes every passing second was a grain of burning sand lodged between the sole of your foot and the drab candidate sandals, dragging on endlessly in a delicate construction of torturous anticipation.

At other times, it was a heartbeart that was both infinite and instantaneous- a painful, breath-taking thump in the fabric of space-time and reality. An instant that became an eternity by its sheer existence. A moment captured, never to be forgotten until dust blew away the bones of those who might recall it.

For Nyara, watching Remember Me’s progress through the sands was both.

She didn’t know, of course. She was not one of those girls, to play nice with the higher-ups, to make fake conversation with goldriders. She was not a well-bred Lady, or anyone of any importance. She was just herself- which was perfectly great, of course, nothing better- but her eyes were still searching for a fearless green to stop by her, and stare at her with those ever-seeking rainbow eyes.

Remember Me was not done meting out justice. Nyaranau watched as she stalked towards a young man, launching herself at him. Nyara felt herself stiffen for a moment- just the tiniest moment- adrenaline beginning to course through her arms once more as though she might save Lusi and Vaali from any wayward pouncing that might splash over them… but she relaxed as Remember Me showed iron self-control.

Her voice rang out with a strength that her size belied. Nyara raised her brows- for a moment, she was reminded of Ruunan. Yes, dreamers… and the soft-hearted folk, whose minds and souls were filled with love and kindness for others… yes, they were more than worthy. It was true: love did fuel the world. Love would save them, even as horror and chaos tried to take everything away.

Nyaranau was surprised to find herself shaking, though not out of fear or even anger… something inside of her answered on a primal level. The thought of having those people ripped from her- imagining her mother’s lifeless body, or having to witness Ruunan’s pain- or even those she called friends, suffering horribly… no. It would never be borne. Her mind and heart fell into the hatchling’s way of thinking, and she nodded mutely in agreeance with the dragon’s sentiment.

Sometimes, people had to learn the lesson that violence was not okay. And sometimes, that lesson had to be delivered in violence. Self-control had to be made of steel, and justice could not be biased. Nyara’s respect for the queenling grew, although a tiny part of her grew worried: whoever bonded to this dragon would need to empty their mind of prejudice… For the dragon had power behind her, and an earnest, heartfelt strength that could be used and abused if she wasn’t careful. People could not always be trusted to do the right thing.

The tension leaked out of the air as Remember Me moved on, greeting siblings- aww, look at her and the Death Eater green, couldn’t your heart just melt?- until she finally came to rest with her mother and father. It seemed as though family was the most important thing to her- and Nyara found herself properly relaxing. Ah, well, it was a sight to see her sit between mother and father- crooning to her uncle in the process… it was heartwarming to know she cared so deeply.

But Nyara searched the sands with a hungry gaze, hoping for any sign of an eager dragonet glancing their way… Blue, greens, bronzes and browns all looked to various folk- both unfamiliar and not- with eyes filled with all the colours of love. Yet here they still stood, the three girls watching and waiting with an eagerness that was being tested by heat and fatigue, being passed up. Nyaranau couldn’t fathom it. Was there a special dragon-attracting dance that needed to be done? Had she not sacrificed enough trundlebugs in Faranth’s name?

No. She would not allow despair to dim the fire of her hope. Somewhere, sometime, she would Impress. A beautiful blue, a darling green, a dashing brown… she clung to the mantra, repeating it in her head… beautiful blue… darling green… any dragon… it didn’t matter… They were all resplendent in their own way. They were all eager and ready.

They would all give her the ability to fight and make her Weyr proud.

The gold hatchling moved once more, and Nyara’s attention flickered to her, expression curling into a warm smile. As Remember Me weaved amongst the candidates, booping some, pressing herself against others, Nyara was reminded of her own peptalk. Of course they would Impress- they were fine candidates. Slowly the gold made their way over to them, and Nyara grinned at Lusi and Vaali. Maybe one of them might Impress this beauty? The young beastherder grinned, taking a slight step back as if to usher the girls beside her forwards, into Remember Me’s welcoming embrace…

The dragonet nuzzled them in turn.

Then turned her eyes on the curly-haired woman.

Nyara found it hard to look away. Blue and red had become so… bright and colourful- shells, there were so many colours swirling in there. A shimmer, a glow, so familiar it touched her very core. The dragonet seemed to reach out more than just physically, a warm embrace that softly said, you will never be alone again.

Some kind of dam broke inside of her, and emotion seeped up and out of it. Nyara choked suddenly. The air went out of her as though she’d been punched, and she doubled over, wrapping arms around the dragonet. Her dragon. Her dragon. Her Mictecath.

She tried to hold back the tears- laughing, gritting her teeth- but the choked sound turned into sobs as she pressed her face against the soft hide and cried. It was so shameful, to be reduced to something so vulnerable and small… so pathetic and lonely… but she had never known. Nyara had never realised how lonely she had felt until she discovered how complete she was, Mictecath’s mind connecting to hers, twining with hers...

Her glorious, perfect dragon.

It didn’t matter that she was not a green, blue, or even a rainbow dragon.

Mictecath had found her. After all this time.

“I’m s-sorry… I’m sorry, Mictecath! You must think I’m a mess.” She pulled back, still blindly alone in a world filled only by the hearts of her dragon.

In turn, Mictecath nuzzled her new rider’s shoulder, eyes still gleaming with rainbow hues. There is nothing to be sorry for, my dearest Nyara. Finding family can be emotional. I will always be here, my dearest heart. I won’t leave you. The dragonet paused, glancing around as the sands grew agitated, but our family needs our help too, and we must help them! Oh, we simply must! She nuzzled her rider’s cheek, drying tear tracks in the process, then whirled about.

Somebody was being rude! Ah! Dearest grandmother had the situation well in hand… oh, but the rudeness kept up. Beside her, Nyara got to her feet, rubbing wet eyes with a sheepish look. “I don’t think the green will hurt either of you two- but I can stay here. Mic certainly wants to stick around.” Though hunger gnawed at her stomach- the hatchling queen’s needs had to be attended to as well, as soon as possible. She flashed the two younger girls a cheery grin, determined to stick by their sides if they so desired.

If you cannot watch our families hatch and Impress without making rude comments, then you ought not have come at all. Mic added, once Fianth had made her sentiments on the matter clear. She did not wish to discern between Western and High Reaches- for there were candidates, too, who had thought ill of her siblings. That was an intolerable thought. Mictecath might not have the strength of voice that came from maturity and experience, she was no less impressive- at least in Nyara’s mind. She emanated her own brand of strength and power- a testament to her parentage, no doubt.

The young woman laid a hand on her dragon’s head, as she would to soothe a distressed herdbeast. “Lovelyface, Fianth, Rhianth and Eveleth will set this to rights, make no mistake. Don’t you worry about a thing.” The certain, unwaveringly confident Nyaranau had returned. Mic glanced up at her, nodding slowly.

Yes, I hope so too. They really were quite rude... Her eyes lingered on Baby Mine White, Death Eater Green, then on Friends From the Other Side. It wouldn’t be long now… Hopefully. She gave an encouraging croon to her siblings.

Uta
Lusi

Teiha
Vaali

Quote:
Mic gets agitated over rude guests as well- and still looking out for her siblings. Nyara will usher her to get food very soon. heart

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:08 pm
Tarnaria

Watching the bronze and his rider go, Tarnaria was struck first by the fact he looked familiar - Like P'tius, actually - but then by the realization that the bronze was right. She just noticed her fatigue, between the bouts of terror and standing for so long, and how hungry and thirsty she was. She coughed, clearing her throat. "My mouth is getting rather dry standing here..." She glanced at Halvor, "I wish they'd bring us something to drink, we have been standing here for a while, some of us with injuries..." She shifted, glancing at where her leg was still angry and red and her robes had been ruined. Her gaze then went to the whites, squinting. "I'm not so sure they're twins like those bronzes, though..."

~Kiana_Nala~

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:34 pm
Iziquin of green Jinniyath

IMPRESSION POST

The hatching had been quite the ordeal so far, so many candidates injured, one dead, but so many other candidates had found theirs and those were the things that she enjoyed watching. Between impressions and various happenings of all the hatchlings, Izi made sure to keep an eye on her sister to ensure she was doing okay. After all that excitement with the one egg, she'd been worried for her sister. Yet nothing else had happened since so she began to relax again. She'd just been looking across the sands to find Finnisa again when her gaze met a pair of rainbow eyes. Oh, my Iziquin! Here you are. Izi's brow furred in confusion and although she had the urge to break the rainbow gaze to see who was speaking to her, inside she knew to be patient and wait. I would've been a moment longer but you need your Jinniyath so badly. Tell me what you wish, and let me tend to your every need. Sure Iziquin had heard stories of impressions from riders but never in a million years would she have thought she would experience it. With that thought, she broke Jinniyath's gaze and found her sister's for only a small moment and saw the emotion in her eyes before Finnisa made sure to avoid looking at her. Oh shards.

Jinniyath noticed the direction of her gaze and cocked her head at the young woman who looked a lot like hers. Do you want this one? Should I bring her to the tables? Though that might cause problems in case one of my siblings or cousins desires her but if its what you wish then it will be done. With one last glance at Finnisa, Iziquin stood and shook her head. "No...it's...it's better that she stays there where she's accessible to your siblings and cousins." Jinniyath gave the mental impression of a nod. What am I supposed to do now... Izi thought to herself, momentarily forgetting that her thoughts weren't always going to be all to her own now. If you'd like you can come down here and we can meet my brothers and sisters who have already found theirs, I'm sure there is OH so much to hear. Or I can come up to you if that is what you wish, though I fear I might not make it far for my poor stomach hungers. Jinniyath sounded a tad dramatic as she sat there patiently looking up into the stands. "I'll be down in a moment, my dear Jinn." Well, wasn't this an interesting turn of events. She'd sort out the issues with Finnisa later, for now she had a very special one to tend to.

ShinosBee
Finnisa T.T

Quote:
Iziquin is heading to the sands and tables to feed Jinniyath, if anyone would like to interact, just quote!

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:16 am
Ruunan [HR] - 16 - he/him/his - App Woodcrafter

Ruunan might have felt a sting of wounded pride, that his offer had been rejected, but he did not. That kind of thing didn’t bother him, where it might have offended his sister. Instead, he was glad to see him get to his feet of his own accord. Surely that meant he wasn’t as injured as Ruun had first thought. Still, he ripped off another strip of his robes, proferring it. “You’re bleeding. Take this- at least staunch it until the hatching’s over.” He tried a bright smile, but it didn’t fit well on his face. Instead, the young man felt sheepish. Clearly he was trying too hard to be his sister- she would have made this easy, simple; brooked no argument from her fellow candidate, forced it into his hand maybe…

But no, he wasn’t her. Probably a good thing too. He stifled the laugh at two insufferable pests running rampant on Pern, but at least it made his smile a bit more natural and a bit less awkward. Hopefully Arcadin didn’t think he was laughing at him, or mocking him in any way…

It was then that the larger bronze seemed to step towards them, and the smile disappeared from Ruunan’s face. He took an instinctive step backwards, his earlier courage faltering and vanishing in the blink of an eye.

This man had Impressed… to the large, angry, bullying bronze.

The bit of tattered robe dropped to the ground, and Ruunan beat a hasty retreat, back to the safety of Meztli and Rykin. He didn’t have any words to say- wasn’t even sure what he would have said, had speech not be an issue… but shame and guilt haunted him in each step, and he stared at the sands.

The seconds ticked by.

He wasn’t sure how many- time had a strange way of working like that, when blood drummed through his ears and spread across his cheeks- but he looked up at the dragonets, watching. He was drawn to the movements of the gold as she carried herself across the sands, pausing at candidates to offer her support. His heart tugged a little, and he found himself yearning for the soft, gentle embrace of his mother’s arms around him. It would help ease the pain of his shame, that was for sure.

And still, the gold continued onwards- until she stopped before a group of girls, amongst whom stood Nyaranau.

The gold nudged and nuzzled them, then stared up at Nyara, who began to weep. Wrapping her arms around the dragon, there could be no mistaking what had happened.

Nyan had Impressed.

His sister was a rider. He clapped a hand over his mouth, eyes wide with surprise, then chuckled. Shame and pain were forgotten as jubilant happiness overtook his mind. “Th-that’s my sister! She Impressed! She… she did it! She’s wanted to be a rider ever since… ever since I can remember.” Ruunan cough-laughed, shaking his head.

A Queen, though? Ruunan wasn’t one for especially passionate thoughts- but had the dragonet not considered a… more steady-minded woman instead?

He supposed Impression didn’t work that way.

Buoyed by his sister’s elated triumph, he turned his gaze back on the clutch. His heart gave a little soaring jump as he saw Baby Mine White finally escape its egg. You did it! Congratulations, little one. Sure, it hadn’t Impressed yet… but it was one step closer! And the big wide world was awaiting it. One lucky person out there would be the dragon’s rider- and Ruunan was certain it would be a bond filled with love and happiness.

medigel
Arcadin pre-Impression!

ShinosBee
Returning to the safety that is Meztli

Smerdle
Returning to the safety that is Rykin

Quote:
Ruunan is frightened by Arcadin and Alque, and happy for Nyara and Mic. Sending positive thoughts to Baby Mine!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:18 am
Zi’aso of Green Tiernoth - Western Rider

It was certainly an eventful hatching. Baby after baby shattered from their shells, some inflicting carnage on the sands while others seemed more gentle. A good batch of babies that balanced out, especially between two clutches. A death on the sands had him tensing, yet he cannot fault the hatchling. Sands could be dangerous, just as dangerous as rising up to sear thread from the sky. It was a dangerous profession, and risks were always present. He watches with honest interest as not one but two queens hatch, a bunch of idiot candidates punch an egg, so many impressions happen that remind him of his own on the sands at Ista, as Tiernoth found him. Warm mug of klah in hand and arm loosely around Q’dosh’s shoulders, he’d drained his mug quite quickly. But the other man’s warmth has him happy and settled, content to watch some of the western candidates impress to fine-looking dragons.

He can’t even begrudge Eveleth’s outraged roar as candidates continue doing stupid things, even as he sends a wash of gentle love to Tiernoth as he feels his quiet, demure green all but hide under Turanth’s wing. It would be okay. Queens were queens for a reason, especially to rein people back into place. But it’s not until another dragon, a Western dragon, pipes up displeasure that makes Zi’aso tense up slightly. The air changed, and tension felt a bit more palpable as dragons had rushed to Eveleth’s defense from the bronze. Yet he can’t quite help but feel the rather.. unwelcome vibe that settled in, even as the mouthy offender had left.

While his eye had roamed a bit during the hatching, for High Reaches did have so many gems hiding in the mountain, its becoming the farthest thing from his mind aside from watching out the rest of the hatching. He’ll help ferry whomever was left back to Western, but his arm tightens a tad around Q’s shoulders. The man turned his head, placing a kiss against the side of his head. It’s an odd protective flare that cropped up now and again for the man he willingly left Ista for (even if Tiernoth hadn’t had any say in following her beloved Turanth anywhere across Pern…) While he had been enjoying himself, and is eager to see the newest fighting defenders of Pern impress to Theirs, part of him will be happy to escape the tension--and knowing one who matters so much to him was quite safe, too.

tatterpixie

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:44 am
arlie and smol alegriath

I can't referee if you've already starteeeeeed~! the white called after her racing siblings, laughter echoing in their minds. But there would be plenty of time to try her luck against them later.

Unaware that she had brushed a nerve, Alegriath sent an eager and hopeful wave to Calla and Florianth at the offer. It's a lot to take in, she sympathized. And we're sleepy to boot. But then we get to party! And we'll see each other a lot in lessons! Oh, and we'll get to bunk with everyone! This was going to be so much fun!

Oh, more riders! Alegriath chirped and sent a greeting to each new rider pair as they made their way in. And some more whites, too! She wasn't one to sit and doubt, but it was always nice to see her color out and about nonetheless. Each weyrling, after all, was just another friend waiting to be made.

Eveleth's growl shook Arlie out of her own daze, fear evident as she suddenly staggered to her feet. Alegriath flopped onto the seat with a surprised hwonk and wriggled back to her paws, and the girl immediately apologized for dropping her like that; luckily her knife had already fallen onto the table before. "Haveli," she said anxiously, glancing towards the mouth of the cave. Why hadn't she come yet? What was going on out there?

The white continued to soothe her and shook herself. Granddame's getting sassy, she noted, trying to spin it positively. People should know better.

Arlie just hugged herself and stared at the opening, willing for her sister's silhouette to appear, for the telltale cheering to herald it.

Akina Tokuwa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:48 am
Impression Post

Haelwen of White Sthenoth

Haelwen took comfort in the words of her twin. Yes, while they had seen many hatch and many bond this day already there were still dragonets left on the Sands and in the shell who would be searching for theirs. Silly of her to get discouraged when the day was not yet done. For a brief moment she wondered how long they had actually been here, it seemed like time had both crawled and raced by all at once. Slightly disorienting now that she pondered it but she was pulled from her thoughts by the small white dragon at Fianth's feet. Oh that poor baby! The woman watched as the baby got sick upon the Sands and her heart went out to it while she wondered if the candidates earlier had done more damage than originally thought. I knew I should have stopped them... she thought bitterly, her mind busily trying to recall who had been involved in that whole fiasco so she could have words with them as soon as they all cleared the Sands. Fortunately for them she was distracted by a voice in her mind, soft, feminine, and decidedly sound a bit out of sorts. But my dear Haelwen, you are chosen.

Haelwen tilted her head a bit before turning and looking around her wondering whom exactly had spoken. She blinked in confusion for a moment, turning her eyes back to the dragons on the Sands as she scanned over them once again. Rhianth? No. Fianth? No. The little Death Eater green? No, not her either. By me, of course. Your Sthenoth. Now... perhaps you'd like to take me to a healer?

As the voice reached her again Haelwen's gaze came to rest upon the white dragonet resting near her mother, the one who she had been fretting over. The baby had lifted her head and was staring directly at the young woman and suddenly her eyes were swirling with rainbows and Haelwen choked on a gasp as she felt the bond take over her. As the bond formed Haelwen was suddenly aware of not only her own pain that she had been trying to ignore in favor of standing, but also a keen sense of light-headedness and a headache that made her feel a bit queasy. It took a few moments for her to realize that these new symptoms were not her own, but those of her dragon... her dragon. Her Sthenoth. My Sthenoth! My sweet, beautiful, darling Sthenoth. How could I have ever doubted you would find me? I'm sorry! the girl poured all of the love and affection she could muster into her lifemate.

Turning to face her brother she gave him a smile and a shrug, in the back of her mind she wondered what would happen now, she had never been away from her twin for long, would he stay with her here? She didn't really worry, she couldn't find it in herself to be too concerned about it at the moment with the bond still so fresh and the knowledge that she needed to get her dragonet to the healers. "I... she's mine Hyseren. My Sthenoth. I must go... she needs me. You understand?"

Hyseren
Hyseren had been a bit more preoccupied by the dispute amongst the dragons than his sister had been and so when it calmed down a bit and he refocused on the Sands it was to see the small white dragon that Fianth had assisted with hatching staring his direction with rainbows swirling in her eyes while she struggled to keep her head up. Still, the man felt nothing and was a bit confused until his sister turned to him and it all became clear. It was instantaneous, the sudden surge of love, happiness and pride, in tandem with the one of loss and confusion. Quite a potent mixture for anyone to handle but Hyseren did his best to keep his expression and tone positive. He would not be the one to ruin his sister's moment. Even if he did suddenly feel a bit like he had just been replaced. Would she even need him anymore? Already she was excusing herself to tend to the small dragon, Sthenoth he reminded himself. Though he couldn't blame her, seeing as that particular dragon had quite a rough time already this morning. He nodded and pulled Haelwen in for a hug, unsure where the future would lead them but proud and excited for her nonetheless."Go. She needs you. I'll see you afterward at the feast, if not before." he let her go and watched as she took her first steps towards her future.

Haelwen of White Sthenoth
Of course he would understand. Her brother had never been anything but loving, protective, and supportive. She admired that about him. Even in his most stressful moments he tended to find ways to light the path for others. She hugged him back tightly and nodded in agreement to meet later before turning and making her way as quickly as she could with her sore legs and back towards Sthenoth. She skirted around the mess her dragon had made upon the Sands and eyed her for a moment wondering how best to pick up the baby. True she wasn't -huge- but she wasn't exactly -small- either and Haelwen wasn't very large herself. Sthenoth, my love, do you think you would be alright if I carried you? It wouldn't make you more ill would it? she questioned as she eyed the distance from their location to where the healers were set up. Wouldn't they be thrilled to see her again already?

I think I would be fine, Haelwenmine. So long as we go slowly. I feel a bit disoriented at the moment. the little white rose to her feet slowly while her rider crouched down. For a moment Haelwen simply hugged her and placed a kiss upon the top of her head. A tender moment, not quite so flashy as those some of the other pairs had shared but it was enough for the two of them and then the woman was lifting her dragon into her arms and struggling slightly to return to standing with the additional weight. You know, this would have been much easier if I hadn't gotten tangled up with some of your family members earlier today. she mused quietly as she began her slow trek back across the Sands. With each step Haelwen fought a grimace that wanted so badly to spread across her face. No. She was a dragonrider now and she would not let her pain show. She was strong. Sthenoth was strong. They, together, were strong.

As she neared the other candidates most of them were kind enough to step aside and let her pass which Haelwen was grateful for. She was having enough trouble staying upright without having to meander through the other candidates. As she passed her brother she gave him a warm smile though her eyes would betray her pain and struggle to him since he knew her well. A few more candidates were passed and she recognized Solameya. Haelwen gave a large smile to the woman as she passed "Good luck! I hope one of them is yours." she offered sincerely before moving on, she really would like to share her time as a Weyrling with the other woman.

She shifted her hold on Sthenoth slightly to give herself better grip as the wounds on her back strained and she hissed quietly to herself when she staggered a bit and she felt something wet trickle down her skin as she caught herself. Are you alright mine? Am I too heavy? I could walk! the small white dragon spoke up, her eyes flecked with yellow as she felt the pain through their bond. I'm alright Sthenoth. Nothing a little rest won't fix. I am more concerned about -you-, what with how you were treated by other candidates and then getting sick after your mother helped you out... I need to know you will be ok. the woman's concern was laced through her tone, her words, and her posture as they continued across the Sands. At least they were nearly there.

A short while later after a few more staggered steps as the pain in her legs got to be a bit too much for her to take the pair reached the healers area and she crouched again to set Sthenoth down. "Healers. Please. Help my Sthenoth." her voice was strong, perhaps a bit commanding, though the tone was clearly laced with anxiety. Haelwen was grateful though, since it drew help to them quickly. She stayed crouched and gently ran her hands along her dragon in an attempt to keep her calm and soothe her. This is not how I imagined our morning would go, mine. I suppose the rest of my plans shall have to wait. Haelwen quirked a brow at her dragon, Plans? What plans? She tried to gleam the answer through the bond but her dragon simply chuckled as her eyes swirled a playful green-blue with just a hint of grey revealing she still wasn't feeling well as the healers looked her over.

Quote:
Any HEALERS available to assist? Please do!

Avid_RPer18
Solameya mention!

Rian-chan

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:16 am
Akaris and Samodith
Oh, Leoniath, I wish that I could, but I'm afraid hatching and finding Mine has left me quite exhausted.  Perhaps we can play later? Her mental voice was full of fondness and regret as she leaned against Hers a little more heavily, the very picture of hatchling exhaustion.

"Absolutely," Akaris agreed with Rylyrr, with a little grimace as she looked at her own hands.  Gross-

Oh, no.  A dragon whose voice she didn't know was suddenly projecting a rant at Eveleth - at the Senior Queen! - and though she couldn't see what was happening on the Sands, thing were apparently shaffed.  The golds were all rightfully upset, and Fianth wanted the Westerners gone as soon as the Hatching had finished.  No.  Oh no.  Her expression was a mixture of horror and heartbreak. "No, they- they can't," she lamented quietly, tears beginning to well up, "I didn't get to say goodbye!"

Samodith's eyes whirled red with flecks of gray, and she mantled and hissed, latching across the distance to the mind of the one who had started this to send words that dripped with every ounce of venom she could muster. You've ruined everything.
Get lost between, you worthless excuse for a wher!

Shaddaling

zombeikid

Andranis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:38 am
Sylfie and Hesperith
"If it worked like that, I'm sure we'd have a- a lot more candidates!" Too many, if the way a number of their legitimately Searched candidates were behaving was any indication. "But I...I wish it had, for you.  You'd be a-"

Whatever else Sylfie had meant to say (and however red she would have turned while saying it!) was quite lost when all the drama unfolded.  Eveleth rightly chiding the candidates, a Western bronze objecting, Rhianth and Fianth supporting their mother - oh, it was all just a mess!  The young goldrider cringed, horrified by it all, while Hesperith bristled and hissed, her eyes solid red.  How dare that bronze mouth off to any gold - any female at all! - let alone their Senior Queen!  How absolutely, wretchedly shameful!

"I- I don't know why he'd say something like that," Sylfie said quietly. "That's horrible.  This...can't be good for relations." Oh, dear.  What a terrible wreck this was.  Why, why had someone had to do such an awful thing?

ShinosBee

Meepfur
Crew

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:56 am
H'aku and brown Petrosinth

It felt like an eternity, but in reality it was likely only moments that passed with (young) man and (newly hatched) dragon wrapped up in each other.

Thankfully his own pain and their overlapping hunger had spurred the new pair to exit the sands (with a friendly answering croon to Alegriath) by the time a mighty roar seemed to shake the very Weyr. Helaku--no, H'aku now--jumped (and by association so did Petrosinth), causing the healer that was nearly done suturing the two slashes extending across his lower back to make exasperated noises. "Sorry," he apologized, nearly ruffling his hair sheepishly before realizing the extra motion would just antagonize the healer more. But he did look over to the dragon, his dragon, and did his best to send the brown a wave of soothing reassurance.

Petrosinth nudged his head a little further onto H'aku's lap, eyes whirling with yellow concern--shot through with threads of white as an unknown bronze challenged his grandmother Eveleth. Uneasy shock roiled through the bond at the sheer presumption of the bronze, even after aunt Rhianth banished the offender. Grandmother and auntie and mother are upset...

H'aku did his best to rub gently along Petrosinth's eyeridge without disturbing the healer as they finished up. Even I could hear him...it wasn't the smartest thing for him to do, but he's gone now and everything should settle down now. I hope so, anyway. This seemed to soothe the brown some, though yellow flecks still sparked across his eyes now and then. With the new brownrider concerned for those of Western--including himself--that were now in a precarious position and unable to hide that concern, it was the best he could do right now. But that wouldn't stop the pair from trying to reassure each other!

As H'aku was finally released from the healer's clutches, he reached for the meat in order to start slicing it into small chunks for Petrosinth. His own hunger, with breakfast not yet had, was overlapping with the brown's and as such the young man's stomach was fervently insisting that his throat had been cut. But his own meal could wait, for his beautiful brown came first. Nice small pieces, just like he'd been taught...don't fret about Weyr relations, just...just cut the meat and place it in the mouth.

medigel
Petrosinth said hi back!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:07 am
Zyanzi

He found himself glad that he was not the target of angry dragons. And the tempered words from the gold queen soothed him some, placing a balm upon the slight unease as the amount of dragons and eggs diminished. No. He would not fret. If His was here, he would be happy beyond words. If they were not... Well, it would just give him more time to become the best candidate for when they finally came to him. He smiled, pushing a sweaty strand from his brow with his good arm. He was becoming weary, but he dared not show it. Instead he slowly pushed himself to his feet, wincing as it jarred his injured arm. Small pains. He would persevere through anything to be worthy of his perfect companion. Even if Thread were to strike him, he would stand there waiting.  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:43 am
Through all the goings on and excitement, Helane had still been bubbly, still buoyed by the fact one of her newest friends had Impressed, however when 'poor unfortunate souls' egg's inmate appeared and had flecks of grey in her eyes, Helane felt physically sick .. she stopped twitching, and almost seemed to fold in on herself ... "did.....did i do that?" she whispered mostly to herself, she hadn't even thought she could have caused the poor hatchling inside much distress, let alone have her eyes look like that, Helane lost every single little bounce she had left in her, would have just sat down on the Sands there and cried if it wasn't too hot for her behind through the robes, as it was, a few tears of guilt traced a path down her face, she felt utterly awful, her good intention had turned very sour indeed.

~~~~~~~~

Farellen was still hopping on one foot, annoyed by all the goings on, then some bronze dared to be rude to the queens, while he couldn't know every single bronze at Western, he was pretty sure it wasn't one of theirs, nor one of HR's clearly. When the call went out, blaming western for the actions of one asshat bronze Farellen got indignant "It wasn't our fault.. it was YOUR Candidate that punched the shaffing egg... look at her sharding knots" he stated, mostly to himself though, he wouldn't dare say or think as much to any HR residents personally. He did appreciate Fianth's words of them being wanted, as candidates though, so he clamped down on his annoyance that western was being blamed for all the troubles and sighed, hoping someone would bring him a new sandal soon.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:53 am
K’ienn and bronze Yisketh
The Trespassers’ Wingleader was unmoved by and even unaware of much of what happened after Falienn Impressed. His thoughts were with his son, a mixture of one fourth concern and three fourths pure relief. Wherever the boy’s head was at this moment, he was alive, and bonded to a… K’ienn blinked as a dragon’s voice rang out. It was a stranger, flinging insults at Eveleth herself. He rose in instant anger, and felt Yisketh’s rage bubbling up beneath.

Yisketh was not a spectator at the hatch for obvious reasons, but he was nearby, and his hearts thundered. No one had any right to insult the Queen of High Reaches, nor did they have any right or reason to scorn Fianth’s perfect children. Without any prompt from his rider, he took to the air and went after Kraketh, snapping at his tail and bellowing wordless curses until the foreign bronze winked between.

He settled on the spires to keep watch, glaring red fury at the sky where the other had disappeared. If he dared show his face at High Reaches again, the stranger would instantly become acquainted with his well-honed talons. Though he might never again rest on her ledge or meet her in the sky, Yisketh’s loyalty was still bright and hot. He would defend Fianth and her children as if they were his own.  

Teiha

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:56 am
Nashwa - NPC Candidate
Nashwa could scarcely believe it when it became apparent that a candidate had fallen asleep on the sands, it was so unthinkably disrespectful.  A bite on the behind and a warning from the Senior Queen were the absolute least that such a breach deserved!  To be chosen as a candidate was the second greatest honor that a Pernese youth could even dream of (less only than actually Impressing!), and to treat such an honor as an inconvenience, a bore, it was utterly horrifying.  No, a bite and a lecture was far better than she deserved; if the offending candidate didn't Impress, Nashwa found herself of the opinion that the offense, like several others this day, merited expulsion.

But even as she reminded herself not to think such negative thoughts, a dragon from up on the ledges talked back to Eveleth.  A Western dragon.  All the color drained from her face, and she wanted nothing more than to sink into the sand in shame.  The embarrassment was so strong it was painful, and she couldn't bring herself to look up from her own feet, no matter what Fianth said.

I'm so sorry.  You all deserved so much better than the disrespect you've endured today. If she could have, Nashwa would have left the Sands purely out of shame.  She couldn't and wouldn't, of course, and everything that had gone wrong wasn't hers to be responsible for, but...  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games