Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teiha

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:07 am
Karone
The problem with Kahbrohm’s suggestion was precisely why Karone had been worried. Karou wasn’t exactly a warm person. But two turns was a good deal of time. Maybe something had happened to change him. After all, he’d obviously been empathetic enough to be Searched and then chosen by a hatchling. But why did it have to be that one?

Kar too watched the twin bronzes make their way to their lifemates, but was unable to bring himself to answer the other boy. It was just as well, for things suddenly got a bit too tense for casual conversation. Draconic voices filled the cavern, their tones just as hot as the sand beneath his feet. Again, someone had made a stupid blunder—and not even a candidate this time! Some bronze had spoken out against Eveleth, of all golds. The Weyrwoman’s Queen! Even as this was going on, the red-eyed green hatchling attacked a girl, slamming her onto her back. There was blood, and when the green moved on, the girl didn’t move.

The boy felt cold, for all the warmth radiating up from beneath his feet. What a terrible, awful mess this hatch had been. The beautiful moments were all but drowned out in his mind, seeming so small and weak by comparison. Would he even remember any of them in the following weeks?

Fianth’s voice came not a moment too soon, a warm, rich sound that felt like a ray of sunlight on a frozen winter’s morning. She was still righteously angry, but even so, her words were chosen with benevolent grace. They were for Karone, as they must have been for several other candidates in the group, exactly what he needed to hear. Still wanted. One hatching closer. Pern’s hope and future. It seemed very likely he would be left standing again, but perhaps… perhaps it wouldn’t be so bad this time. Karou was alive. He’d be nearby, even if not exactly within reach for a time. And he had Le’x and Kratoth.

He stood a little straighter, letting his eyes move over the remaining eggs and hatchlings. There was still a chance, and there would be many more after this. “I hope that green Impresses soon,” he muttered to Kahbrohm. “Luck to us both to either find our lifemates today, or live long enough to make it to the day we do.”

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:04 am
Iathe of Green Skerath

As she savagely gulped down chunk after chunk of meat, the small green paused at the sound of her sister's words. With blood dribbling from her maw, Skerath lifted her head, and hints of blue entered her red eyes as she looked at Saevath. It was their fault. She growled, silently appreciative that her family understood just what was to be expected of fools that dared to be disrespectful. She snapped up another piece of offered meat, wanting nothing more than to fill her belly.

Iathe snorted quietly at Roana, fixing her with a wry look. "Yes, yes," She said with a touch of impatience, but patted the older girl's hand to lessen the sting. "I'm talking more of the history of High Reaches, and of... well, more recent events. Political things, honestly." Martirae was eyed for a moment before Iathe turned back to feeding her beloved.

The sudden bellow from a Queen was enough to make Iathe jerk with surprise, her eyes widening with surprise. Skerath had been on the cusp of making a cutting reply to Ulendoth when her eyes suddenly burned with red, mantling her wings and baring her bloodied fangs in a snarl of utter outrage. How dare someone speak of her grandmother in such a way! How dare they! If her cousins or siblings chose to take their time in making the most important decision of their lives, then they were well within their right!

Skerath whipped around as though to charge back to the Hatching Sands right then, making tiny, hatchling screams of absolute rage. "Skerath!" Iathe threw herself forward to wrap her arms around the green, though her body was trembling with similar wrath. It's alright. She thought furiously, forcing her will to keep the furious baby still. It's being handled. I know you want to hurt them--I want to hurt them--but we'll only cause more problems.

With a poisonous hiss, the green forced herself to settle into a ground, her eyes whirling with hate even as her sharp talons flexed against the sand. Mother. She addressed Rhianth roughly. She was far from a needy creature, and would likely never seek her parents for any sort of comfort, but she did have her loyalties. She did not know how to offer words, so she instead offered her support, her devotion, her anger. She had small Skerath's full support.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-
Sister times. <3

Sinders Path

demon_pachabel

Mr Cheri
have an angry bab.

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:29 am
Talis and Holleth
Out of view of the Sands, the new weyrling pair was well-removed from the goings-on, and not terribly invested besides. They had each other, their friend from the Sands was in good hands, and Holleth was hungry, delicately accepting and chewing every piece of meat His handed him. Soon it would be time for his first scrubbing, and then a much-needed rest. But their companionable silence was interrupted by the voices of adult dragons: irate ones. And from what they could gather, understandably so.

Talis' expression twisted into one of distaste, and she shook her head as she grumbled to no one in particular, "Deadglows, the lot of them. Fair bet there's going to be lost knots again - maybe for that Western a**, too."

It was only right that there be consequences for one's actions, candidate or rider.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:32 am
T'rin and Ingonth

Ingonth—who had taken a seat as soon as he had been lowered to the ground—stood again as Aviforth approached, pleased by the picture they presented together. When his cousin mentioned his antics atop Krahsujunth, Ingonth's eyes danced with swirls of aqua. He bounced once, deliberately shifting his weight to hide his exuberance.

It was exhilarating! Everyone was watching, and father did exactly what I wanted! I don't think I enjoyed it as much as I should've since I was so concentrated on finding... He searched his rider's mind for the honorific he had yet to call him, continuing on a moment later as if he hadn't paused at all. ...T'rin, but we'll be up that high on our own again soon enough, right?

Prism Shine
i love aviforth shh :B

Smerdle

Scamp

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:13 am
Martirae and Gold Anakumath

It seemed neither green wanted to inform Anakumath of what their arguement was about. Perhaps it was none of her business - which was all fine and good, but a small knot of concern was still in the gold's heart. Martirae mentally pulled at it. If they were not well we would see it even here, she reminded, but still yellow whirled in her eyes. There was clearly some unrest and it pained her to do nothing.

I simply need to find where the well of their infinite source is and dig it up so she knows smiling need not be held onto for only a special moment. Anakumath agreed. Though her judgement wasn't harsh. She'd known there were barbs around the woman the moment she'd laid hand on her egg, but she also had known it would take more than those to make her anything but hers. She'd been about to speak up again when the bellow of Eveleth pierced the mood. The roar was nothing to flinch from - her own mother had rumbled and fussed and made all variety of threat towards prying eyes. It was the anger that had Anakumath suddenly pulling away from her Marty.

As Skerath suddenly went scrambling away, the gold practically was on her heels. However, it wasn't to go to battle with the Bronze who had been sent away. No, it was to something - someone - far more important. Martirae had all but caught the gold before she went running back onto the sands, all tiny honks, hwonks, and cheeps of concern. But from where she was, she could see those still on the sands - and she reached out to all of them.

Every Baby still on the sands could feel the little gold reaching out, like gentle caresses over cheeks and the top of heads as she checked, trying to find those who needed soothing and radiating reassurance and love. The stranger had come for her family, and Anakumath needed to see they were all well. I am here, dear ones, loved ones, her desire inched out even over those family members in the feeding area as well, a great urge to tend to them all palpable. It was so sweet and loving, Marty would have questioned if she'd really been the right choice if it hadn't been so certain.

Instead, she passed a look towards Iathe to see if all was well there, then back towards Roana with a frown that said clearly 'What is this?'
Tsunake

Sinders Path

Quote:
ANAKUMATH LOVES YOU ALL AND HAS A FRET.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:40 am
Kahbrohm

Having been ready for anything, Kahbrohm wasn't ready for the disrespect that went over the Hatching like a tidal wave. First that beautiful green had bitten a girl who was - "Why is she here if this is so boring?" he barely managed to keep it from being a snarl solely on behalf of the dragons. Then, that same green had thrown another girl down into the sands and had looked all but ready to destroy her. Just as quickly, she changed her mind and instead had pulled Eveleth into the matter.

The Senior Queen was worlds above what he as a candidate was, and in a way it had made her something completely out of mind. But there on her perch, glittering and enraged, her anger struck him as something more mighty and pure and beautiful than Cadereth's raw power had been. More than that - Kahbrohm didn't want to test himself against it. He was smart enough to know he'd be beaten down by it. Apparently, though, Western's bronzes did not. One dared to speak up offense after offense. He'd have had plenty to say - if the mother golds did not.

Rhianth spoke to level the field, pushing out that which was rotting the mood. Fianth spoke to nurture it back into a good place. Both were necessary forces to ground all of the Candidates all over again, and Kahbrohm found it lifted the sour mood greatly.

"She will. She's done no more to us than we've all done today," the judgement was clear in his voice. "As for finding ours, that's not bad. Hopefully we'll both remain candidates long enough to get to see another Hatching," he added with a dry look over the sands. He had no doubt they'd be seeing some fires of all sizes put out after this.

Teiha

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:53 am
Quote:
POSTING FOR CRAB BECAUSE GAIA PLS...

YU'STAR and BRONZE NEVIDENTH

While Nevidenth might not have flinched over all the sounds coming from the sands, the weird ruckus had Yu'star wondering and occasionally ducking his head down out of instinct. Something was clearly going on and either the bronze was non-plussed by it all due to wanting to eat or he was intently focusing on something else. His was attempting to dutifully cut up meat that the bronze was more than happy to receive, and when the young man turned his head to look towards the sands the bronze nudged against his leg. Me first, then all of that okay? I promise you you're not missing out on much. I think. He had no way of really knowing and protecting that lie, but thankfully Yu'star was a good sport and kept on prepping meat.

Until the handle on the knife wiggled one, twice, and before Nevidenth could properly move (his mouth was full!) the blade completely slipped out. It landed with a flesh-ripping thud inside the young man's foot, and both dragon and rider stared at one another with wide-opened eyes.

The shared panic was enough they caused quite a loud ruckus, possibly drawing the attention of anyone who would happen to be nearby to witness Yu'star with a knife blade in his foot, the knife handle in his hand, and a dragonet trying not to choke on the meat he swallowed entirely too soon.

Quote:
you know you wanna

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:12 am
Rykin

Rykin watched dragonet after dragonet impress, all the while keeping an eye on the little gold. He was hardly surprised by her rough defense against what were presumably more derogatory thoughts, though he was heartened that she wasn't truly vicious about any of the punishment she doled out. When she revealed her bond to Ruunan's sister Rykin chuckled, taking a deliberate minute to locate Nadry where she sat. He smiled just before chaos struck once more.

"Congratulations, Ruunan. My sister impressed at High Reaches just over a year ago. I wish I had been here to s—"

He stopped breathing at Rhianth's bellow, barely comforted by Fianth's eventual reassurances. He wouldn't have said so before, but somehow the more contained anger of dragons was more terrifying than their displays of carnage.

Sweet Symmetry
ruunan
ShinosBee
meztli
Meepfur
no need to reply, he just finally found nadry in the stands XD

Smerdle

Scamp

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:19 am
Zamistia and Nanuth

Zamistia was glad to see another blue had impressed, though still nervous for her friends. She could see Nala shuffling, wishing she could do more to make her friend more at ease. She felt Nanuth send another wave of support to the girl on the sands, letting her know she was not alone. The young woman was feeling worried about the little bronze that looked so scared under his twin's wing. It brought thoughts of when she would take shelter with her sisters or under Cozellath. Nanuth had been kind enough to pass on the impressions of another of his blue brothers and his green sisters.

"Seems the bigger..bronze twin impressed. Hopefully his brother...will find his..too,"Zamistia managed to say, seeing the bronze go over to his. As if the little one had heard her hopes, it seemed he was frantically looking for someone. Her eyes looked around, trying to find one of the candidates moving towards the baby. Her attention was directed back to Amila as the other girl spoke, knowing Nanuth would tell her what happens with the little bronze.

"That was really...good of her...to do. Nanuth says that..is what they..do best. Protect Their's with...everything they have,"she spoke softly, trying to reassure the other.

Mine's friends and family will be fine, they are strong people. They have done so much for Mine, I know they will find their's. As for Mine, she will always have me, for the rest of our lives. I will never let her light be put out, until we go together,the brown answered his sister. He watched as his golden sister gave some encouragement to some of those on the sands..before impressing herself. Good, he was glad to see his sister find her's and made sure to share that knowledge with his rider. Then he noticed a candidate was sleeping and one of his cousins gave the girl a wake up call. His eyes turned back to his bronze brother, just in time to see one of Zamistia's friends come running. His eyes became a bright green, he was so happy His would have two of her friends.

Nanuth, Riz impressed a bronze. That is so wonderful, I am...happy for them. He will take good care of...your brother,she spoke brightly. Though, she could only hope both of them would get to the healers, it looked like the little bronze was bleeding. Then whatever happiness she was feeling was dashed when she felt the roar from one of the queens. And from Nanuth's thoughts, it was his grandmother...the senior queen of High Reaches. She shook softly in her spot, making Nanuth curl up in her lap protectively, his eyes red at whoever angered his grandmother. Then a Western bronze seemed to speak up and speak ill of all of them.

How dare he talk bad about us like that, he knows nothing about us! We have the best dragons and riders around, so what if we take our time picking Our's!Nanuth growled, feeling his rider holding him, afraid he would do something rash. That and he wasn't thrilled with one of his bronze brothers trying to get close to his twin again, he had his number. Then he had to shield the mauling of one of the other candidates from His, knowing she didn't need to see that. He also, despite his anger, sent hope to Shar and Nala, hoping they would find their's. Then to His's sister, Tizzy, he sent comfort and hope for her as well.

Thaliawen

Hattaki

NovaCracker

SilverLutz

magnadearel

Demanthra and Monath

Demanthra smiled back to Rhiyn as he went over to join one of the other candidates. On closer look, she knew who it was and she gave a soft nod of her head in approval. Unfortunately, any happiness was soon dashed when she saw someone sleeping on the sands. Oh goodness, what in Pern was Siv thinking with falling asleep during a hatching? Monath assured her that Altoth had reprimanded the girl, along with one of Rhianth's greens giving the girl a firm reminder to pay attention. Unfortunately, the young woman went pale when Monath's grandmother got upset by all the disrespect. Would Gr'del and in extension themselves, be in trouble for this? She felt Monath wrap her with love, telling her they had drilled into the candidates the proper behavior. Hopefully Monath was right, but she couldn't help but worry. Not only that, but a bronze she didn't recognize opened his mouth and insulted their Weyr. From the reaction, it seemed to be a Western rider, she knew that was not good at all.

"Uh no, this is a lot of trouble,"she spoke softly, her usual cheeriness fading.

Sharding dimglows, what were they thinking?! Aresoth, Zeno...this is not what we taught the candidates, I assure you. As for that bronze..I...Monath steamed to her rider, then to her siblings.

BastetAmun

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Quote:
Any other of Tarot can speak to sister<3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:47 am
Wa’ren of Brown Caironairth - HIgh Reaches Rider

Since their return to the Weyr, the pair had been working hard to assure that their coming home was not a rushed decision. A part of Wa’ren had always wanted to return to the home where his kids were, despite a part of him that had found a fancy in Western Weyr. His kids were here, Caironairth’s family was here -- while the rider still mourned the inability to find his brother, his dragon had finally made the call to return home. For love, what better reasoning than that? Yet this hatching had hoped to lift his spirits -- newly bonded pairs, colorful wings to soon grace the sky in a few months. Spirited fighters in the new quest to rid themselves of threadfall once more. How could anyone not be excited to bear witness to it, no matter the time in the morning? Sleep could happen when the sands were empty once more, and he smiles with a fondness in his bones at the memories on those same golden sands--his impression to Caironairth, R’syn and his Zynlith, Mirce and her Ocypoth.

From his perch up high, Caironairth had delighted in watching the proceedings. While, yes, they’d returned as guests to watch both of Wa’ren’s hatchlings stand for impression, the massive brown was utterly happy to be able to know he could stay to watch these hatchlings grow, to know he would fight beside them some day. He has a wonderful mate down below, and while he wishes he could be close to Monath, he radiates a low, gentle love and support for his hard-working mate. His giant bulk would do no good down closer to the sands, so he watches from his perch and radiates his love for his family, in particular his newest grand-nieces and -nephews.

Yet the big brown can’t help but snort, seeing candidates do some of the less-than-smart things on the sands. The girl that had fallen asleep made him huff, shaking his head. What an utter show of disrespect.. Yet rumbles at Eveleth’s bellow, shifting slightly. His sister could reign in the wild direction this hatching was turning, hopefully turning it around in a better direction--yet the stranger bronze’s snap had Caironairth instantly alert. Red flooded his eyes, growling even as he was ordered out. He was proud of his sister, proud of his nieces who needed no coddling from a stranger’s idiotic words. Yet this was his family, and how dare some stranger think he could come to another’s Weyr, another’s hatching grounds and make such outlandish remarks. The babies would finish when they were good and ready, not by another’s time.

Caironairth forced himself to take a deep breath, a cavernous whuff of air as he exhales. The red is bleeding away, slowly but surely, as he reaches out gently to Wa’ren, but then to his beloved. Gentle now, dearest. Emotions are high, but the offender has gone. Softest light of my hearts that you are, remain positive. For there are still babies yet to find theirs.

Dea and #Teddy#
Hold this sop of a romantic

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:49 am
Amila and green Matoath

"Matoath says we'll be okay... I'm glad Nanuth has you. It... Mstoath is my family. I'm just grateful I'll always have her, and I'm glad seeing her family loving and caring for Theirs."

Amila smiled softly, offering Zamistia a shy smile back.

color=green]Truly? Well I hoipe some of our relatives out there are theirs. Matoath said warmly. And it would be so nice for His to have people around her, even though in her opinion being Nanuth's was a very large, important part of the girl -- the most important, really.

Then from the sands she heard a roar. Honestly, little on the sands had been bothering her; people were as they were -- themselves. It wasn't something the green agreed with in some cases, but iut wasn't harming anybody -- nobody until people got testy. Matoath didn't agree with resolving things with violence immediately unless needed and then there was the roar from tyhe sands, and the wave of startled fear and alarm from Hers caused Matoath's eyes to turn yellow, the green's wings flaring slightly as she moved to guard Hers and offer love and comfort; to assure her she didn't do ill. Though there were pricks of red, it was a pure response of love and worry and protectiveness, and gently the green crawled to wrap around Hers lovingly, creeling softly in concern.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:14 am
Cavera and Blue Aviforth

Aviforth’s eyes whirled brighter blues, bouncing gently in unfettered excitement. His dear cousin was one closer in his mind, for his unabashed attitude. Yet the pair of them could take the Weyr by storm, surely! None would be prepared! He wiggles some in excitement, but thrums gently. Certainly, but you had Yours to find--just like I had Mine to, as well. Yet he fails to mention how it was only after his grand entrance hadn’t gotten the showy response he’d been hoping for. Huff.

Yet the little blue rears back onto his hind legs, wings spreading for balance in some show-off posture--as well as his balancing skills. You with Your T’rin, and I with My Cavera will be up soon enough, and we’ll never have to come down! The moons are the limit!

In his mind they were, anyway.

Smerdle

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:45 am
POSTING FOR CRAB BECAUSE GAIA IS A JERK

FISHER

Enough was too much and Fisher really, really didn't know what to expect anymore. She was getting some seriously mixed messages from the golden dragons and the dragonets themselves, about how they were all worthless and unworthy and other words that had 'worth' in them, and then one of the mother golds comes along and says they're all worth it in the end or something? That was on the tail, she was sure, of the gold and blue having previously shown their feelings on everyone being horrible and unworthy to start and, so well.

It was ridiculously confusing. Was she worth something or was she entirely unworthy of these dragons? Did the emotions all come because some stupid people went on to punch eggs and now everyone was lumped under a single heading? Too much thinking made Fisher's head hurt and she squinted her eyes against all of it. So was she worthy or had she been lumped into the unworthy category with basically everyone else? If she left the sands alone did that mean the dragons were just blowing hot smoke about ~we need you~?

Thinking so hard early in the morning was rough on the fisher's brain and she was burning out slowly. She didn't want to sleep anymore though, not after all that yelling and the biting, but she just...wasn't sure what was happening now. More happy thoughts??? To who?? The candidates? The dragonets?? Maybe it was best if she just kept her mind blank and had the thoughts of wanting this to be over (in the best way).  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:48 am
Rhylune

Ooh.. noo. She froze watching the death eater green tackle the women and she wasn't moving anymore. Where they hurt or where they dead? She knew this could happen but hearing about it was so much different then seeing it. She wasn't distracted by her own pain or the whirl wind of hatchlings anymore and suddenly it was real and sort of scary.

She played with her sleeve, trying to clear her head and focus on the hatchlings moving around. Ooh little green find yours.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:58 am
orri

This was...a lot to take in. Orri stared and what they could see of the sands, a mixture of worry and frustration growing in him. Candidates were supposed to be better than this. High Reaches deserved better. And yet, one of the men who had drawn a gold's ire was walking off, with a bronze no less. A dragon never chose wrong. There were only a handful of dragonets left. Eveleth's fury. More blood on the sands. A bronze.

He gulped and reached over to take Dehka's sleeve. "We should go back," he said, gaze still fixated on the candidates still left, still reeling in the drama. The healers were bringing yet another patient in, and she looked in a rough spot. They didn't need to be there anymore. "We need to..." What? What could two barely adults do? "We need to help," Orri finished as he got to his feet.

How? He'd worry about that in a second.

Tsunake

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games