Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply Threadfall
[IC]Threadfall: High Reaches - OVER! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 136 137 138 139 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:37 am
Still going in and out of understanding as to her surroundings, Aly tilted her head a bit to cast a glance back at her right arm where the healers were working, tools pulling pieces of Thread from her damaged skin. At least from the muffled words that she could hear they seemed to be making some progress, but her hearing felt as though it were faulty or that they were speaking through a roaring waterfall. That alone was enough reason for her to want to close her eyes and just let them finish up what they were doing, but there was a hand in hers suddenly and she couldn't help herself.

Squeezing down on the hand that gripped hers Alythrae let the hands on her back push her down to the table the entire way. Pressing her forehead against the table she heaved out a sigh and held on tight to her daughter's hand.

"Please tell me... you're both okay? Everyone?" Aly managed to struggle out, her words at least coming out more understandable as she took a breath to clear her head. Her family had to be okay, if Demanthra was there holding her hand then she and Ashlyn had to be done and the next wave in the air. That meant that only D'ast, Ash'il and T'rel were up there, but that was enough, even one was enough if they got hurt.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 4:15 am
Demanthra/Monath, Ash'il/Iptoneth, and Ashlyn/Gyafrith

Gyafrith listened to Aviroth, glad to know they understood their need to rest. As hard as V'mel could be, both he and Ashlyn knew it came from a place of wanting the Weyrlings to grow into strong riders. What was needed was simple enough, they could do that without much trouble. He knew his rider had wanted to keep an ear out for both sets of Weyrlings anyway. The second part of the message however, did make him wonder. He passed all the message to his rider, who he saw raise her eyebrow.

Do I want to know how badly the firestone passing is going? If we need to do drills again on it tomorrow, I have a feeling I don't want to know. Reach out to the dragons of the Weyrlings, let them know they can call out to us, if needed. And pass on to Aviroth that we will be ready for tomorrow,Ashlyn thought to her blue. Well, least they were learning things to be worked on, so they would be ready when they graduated.

Message received, Aviroth, and I will call out to the Weyrlings, to let them know we are available for them. As for the drill tomorrow, Mine says we will be ready,Gyafrith replied back to the brown. Then he turned back to his rider to send comfort to her, knowing she was worried for her mother and brother.

Jr. and Sr. Weyrlings, if any of you need us at any time, let me know. Mine and I are down in the Weyr, available for any of you,Gyafrith then thought gently to all the Weyrlings under their care. He made sure it was sent to the ones in the sky too, if they had to come down early for any reason.

Brothers and sisters, I send my own love and am cheering you on. Those who finished, I am proud of you!Monath thought to all of her siblings. She also sent love to her mother, she was so proud of her for all the work she had been doing during this threadfall. Then wrapped her rider in all the love she could, wanting to take away any pain the girl was feeling. She knew it wasn't physical, but emotional having two of her family being hurt badly.

Just remember, we had this happen to us during our first one and we are okay. They will be too, they are strong, like my family,the green cooed to her rider, affection in her voice.

Thank you, my beautiful Moon. I always keep it together and cheerful, but you help me carry it,Demanthra thought to her dragon with love. She always was used to hiding her negative emotions, but she couldn't from Monath. The fiery, sensitive green knew her inside and out and covered her in a blanket of pure love. Her attention was then drawn to her mother, feeling her squeeze being returned. She could see the healers working as best they could, she could only hope her mother would be alright. It seemed the older woman was thinking the same.

"Monath and I are both going to be okay, Mama. Her wing took some damage, but we came down before it got too bad. I think Papa and T'rel are both doing fine up above, but not sure. Ashlyn and Gyafrith are here too, they came down with those of the first wave. Ash'il is..."she began, looking over to her older sister for help.

"Ash'il is laying in a bed nearby, but he should be fine. Iptoneth was talking to Gya, so that means Ash'il is going to be alright. And yes, when I came down, Papa and Zetigeth were still doing well. I am sure if they run into trouble, the rest of Hurricane Wing will have their backs. I don't know about T'rel and Tyalith, I can only assume they are up there and doing fine,"Ashlyn spoke softly.

Iptoneth felt the fondness coming from Ariath, which seemed to help lift him up to soar...least in his mind. His fight with their silvery menace may be over for this threadfall, but his hearts was with the gold still above. And come next threadfall, he would make sure his rider didn't push himself. He had only stayed when pain was going through because he and Ash'il had wanted to keep everyone safe. However, it was obvious that they couldn't do it if they didn't take care of themselves.

I look forward to nestling with you, my golden beauty. Just please, keep you and Your's safe. I know Mine would not want your beautiful rider to be harmed. Just know, he will be fine and we will be in the skies with you again. The being here is only temporary, but my hearts fly with you,Iptoneth thought with as much love and support for the gold and her rider.

ShinosBee

Hattaki

Kolina

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

ShinosBee rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:49 am
QUEENS' WING
Lestenna of Gold Uridith
Round 3-6
6 – 16 – 7 – 9 – 10
14 – X – X – X – X
Roll: 14 - As you're burning down a clump of Thread, something doesn't seem right. With a sudden shout and twist, your dragon lurches to the side, as a shaffing bag of firestone comes hurdling down. Damnit! What on Pern are they doing up there!?! Amateurs! +1 Instinct
HP: 46/46
Status Effect: N/A
XP: +2 Agility, +5 Target Accuracy, +1 General Stamina, +3 Luck, +3 Flame Length, +1 Pain Resistance, +1 Instinct
Target Accuracy: 7
Flame Length: 6
General Stamina: 7
General Agility: 6
Between Accuracy: 8
Pain Resilience: 6
Instinct: 7
Luck: 6

So much love from all her children, and she could sense Takarath somewhere above as well. She was so very proud of them all...And then the gold squealed, twisting out of the way of a falling bag of stone, just in time! G-goodness! The sudden turn though put her face to face with...oh no! Ariath, look out! She trumpeted to the other gold, a warning of danger!

Thankfully it passed, and she was able to refocus on...other troubles. Of course I'm afraid sometimes, my sweet star. Everyone is afraid sometimes. Being afraid means that you are aware of danger, or of consequences. ...But you cannot be afraid all the time. Being afraid is a chance to be brave! The gold tried to pour a bit of her own courage, her own sureness into her words to share with her green daughter. You can do anything your hearts set on doing, sweet darling, by Faranth, I do believe that.

Kolina
Save applied, so feel free to bump off your largest HP hit this round!
Mx Cherie

ShinosBee rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:59 am
QUEENS' WING
Lestenna of Gold Uridith
Round 3-7
!!Antsy 0/3!!
6 – 16 – 7 – 9 – 10
14 – 8 – X – X – X
Roll: 8 - You want to do more. You want to be more. You're frustrated by the lack of action down in the lower wings, though you do now it's a very important role. You fidget in your riding straps. If this is the 3rd time you roll this in the game you now suffer 3 turns of Antsy. You are too eager to get out there and fight. Any successful flaming down of Thread yields double XP but also causes can extra Moderate Damage -3 HP. In your hurry to flame Thread you make rookie errors, such as flying into the ash cloud, flying into your fellow wingmates space and getting burned, over-reaching and pulling a muscle, not sitting right in your straps and getting whipped around, etc.
HP: 46/46
Status Effect: Antsy
XP: +2 Agility, +5 Target Accuracy, +1 General Stamina, +3 Luck, +3 Flame Length, +1 Pain Resistance, +1 Instinct

Despite all she'd done, the still moments still got to them both. A tingle in the arms, eyes fixed ever upwards. C'mon...c'mon! Uridith snorted irritation, surprisingly bothered by all the waiting.  

ShinosBee

Nerd

ShinosBee rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:05 am
QUEENS' WING
Lestenna of Gold Uridith
Round 3-8
!!Antsy 1/3!!
6 – 16 – 7 – 9 – 10
14 – 8 – 20 – X – X
Roll: 20 - Another gust wind blows, sending some silvery strands of Thread your way! Your dragon manages to twist their way through it with surprising and relative ease, and you're able to even flame down some of the fray! [+1 Agility // +1 Target Accuracy] -3 HP +2 Agil +2 TA from antsy
HP: 43/46
XP: +4 Agility, +7 Target Accuracy, +1 General Stamina, +3 Luck, +3 Flame Length, +1 Pain Resistance, +1 Instinct

Thread!! They surged forth, overeager and sprinting off the starting line. Could there be a starting line in the middle of a threadfall? It didn't matter. They lanced forward, flame spewing, too hot and fast, crashing into the clump even as they flamed it. Snapping between and back, they had the satisfaction of a successful flaming. But also the stinging burns of threadscore.  
ShinosBee rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:10 am
QUEENS' WING
Lestenna of Gold Uridith
Round 3-9
!!Antsy 2/3!!
6 – 16 – 7 – 9 – 10
14 – 8 – 20 – 13 – X
Roll: 13 - A whole lot of nothin'. The Queen's Wing can sure be quiet sometimes. You should be getting XP points for patience the way this is going. Part of you wonders how your fellow wingmates are doing... maybe your dragon can get you a status report.
HP: 43/46
XP: +4 Agility, +7 Target Accuracy, +1 General Stamina, +3 Luck, +3 Flame Length, +1 Pain Resistance, +1 Instinct

They hovered, heads swiveling for more thread. Their blood was still up, mood still on edge. Nothing to flame...? Lestenna's hands gripped the edges of the flamethrower, impatient. Perhaps if the fall was almost over it would be easier to let go of...  

ShinosBee

Nerd

Meepfur rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:10 am
Ashlings Wing
Nadry of Brown Menankith
HP: 11/22
Status Effect: N/A
XP: (+1 base; +5 to distribute)
Target Accuracy: 1
Flame Length: 1
General Stamina: 2
General Agility: 1
Between Accuracy: 1
Pain Resilience: 4
Instinct: 2
Luck: 1

Aviroth needs firestone.

He...what? Nadry blanched and cast a surreptitious glance at the rest of the wing. Anyone...? Maybe...? She was hardly eager to jump on it, given that several of their runs had gone awry in various ways, and it would be just their luck if this one went south, too.

It will be fine, Mine, Menankith assured her. He was feeling a bit battered himself, perhaps even a little unsteady if he were being fully honest, but he was sure they could do this! We are on our way, Aviroth!

And once they did arrive, the brown positioned himself carefully. Nadry took a deep breath, hoped her back and arm would hold up for this, and threw.

Quote:
XP Tracking:
+1 Instinct
+2 Between Accuracy
+1 Instinct
+1 Target Accuracy
+1 Between Accuracy
+1 Between Accuracy
+1 Luck
+1 Between Accuracy
+1 General Stamina
+1 General Agility
+1 Target Accuracy
+1 General Agility
+1 Between Accuracy

ShinosBee

ShinosBee rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:13 am
QUEENS' WING
Lestenna of Gold Uridith
Round 3-10
!!Antsy 3/3!!
6 – 16 – 7 – 9 – 10
14 – 8 – 20 – 13 – 20
Roll: 20 - Another gust wind blows, sending some silvery strands of Thread your way! Your dragon manages to twist their way through it with surprising and relative ease, and you're able to even flame down some of the fray! [+1 Agility // +1 Target Accuracy] -3HP, +2 Agil, +2 TA from antsy
HP: 40/46
XP: +6 Agility, +9 Target Accuracy, +1 General Stamina, +3 Luck, +3 Flame Length, +1 Pain Resistance, +1 Instinct

AHA! Another thread, another flaming run, another forced hop between after scoring a hit and being scored. As they reappeared from the cold of between, the edge finally seemed gone. IT was one thing to flame the enemy. Another to get hurt on sloppy moves.  

ShinosBee

Nerd

ShinosBee rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:18 am
ASHLINGS WING
V'mel of Brown Aviroth
Round 3-7
(Low Altitude)
9 – 2(3) – 14 – 10 – X
4 – 18 – X – X – X
Roll: 18 - Your dragon spots a few clumps of thread being blown about in front of them. If brown or bronze, they don't need as much speed, and instead belch a long flame, catching all three with ease. +1 Target Accuracy, +2 Flame Length!]
HP: 34/40
Status Effect:
XP: +1 Stamina, +2 Between Accuracy, +2 Instinct, +3 Target Accuracy, +6 Flame Length
Target Accuracy: 8
Between Accuracy: 7
Pain Resilience: 7
Instinct: 6

V'mel hmmed, watching as Nadry coaxed Menankith up to his level. They are nervous. Obviously. Still, they held steady, as they would for any stone run. It was just like drills, wasn't it? How many times had Nadry thrown him stone...just not in the middle of a thread-filled hellhole? She could do this. Perhaps next time, we tap them for wingsecond... It was a rare thing, a woman on a brown. He reached out, catching the tossed bag with the effortlessness of decades of practice. Rarer still, to find a competent rider in the same combination of adjectives.

Perhaps. Menankith....well done. They wheeled away, already chewing stone, and just in time to spot and blast a bunch of clumps. There was ample time yet to see how things played out.

Meepfur

ShinosBee rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:27 am
ASHLINGS WING
V'mel of Brown Aviroth
Round 3-8
(Gold Altitude)
9 – 2(3) – 14 – 10 – X
4 – 18 – 15 – X – X
Roll: 15 - As you catch a small patch of Thread, the wind blows the ash right back into you and your dragon, leaving them a bit burned! Whoops! Moderate Damage: -3 HP
HP: 31/40
Status Effect:
XP: +1 Stamina, +2 Between Accuracy, +2 Instinct, +3 Target Accuracy, +6 Flame Length

A swooping drop to catch a twist of thread about to drop into the gold wing, Aviroth belched flame, but a gust of wind at the same time sent it back at his face. With a hiss the brown leapt between, escaping the pain of thread.  

ShinosBee

Nerd

ShinosBee rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:29 am
ASHLINGS WING
V'mel of Brown Aviroth
Round 3-9
(Gold Altitude)
9 – 2(3) – 14 – 10 – X
4 – 18 – 15 – 16 – X
Roll: 16 - A whole lot of nothin'.... Kind of boring down here, isn't it? No, no, don't let yourself get distracted by daydreams, or thoughts of a certain someone. Hmm. A certain someone in wherhide pants. I mean, what?... bah!
Status Effect:

Suspended down here among the golds, out of the reach of most of the action, V'mel gave himself the liberty to let his mind wander. Why did some candidates impress, and others not? What made a rider? What precluded someone from bonding with a dragon? His eyes traced over the golds around him. Such strong, brave, competent women.

...Why not his Alusia? His mind instantly supplied her in riding leathers, golden hair tucked tight under a riding cap.

Below him, Aviroth let out a faint noise of...well. That really wasn't appropriate. Even if it was a nice thought.

Uta

ShinosBee rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:39 am
ASHLINGS WING
V'mel of Brown Aviroth
Round 3-10
(Low Altitude)
9 – 2(3) – 14 – 10 – 7
4 – 18 – 15 – 16 – 12
Roll: 12 - By Faranth! You and your dragon pull off a pretty awesome move to catch some Thread that's fallen through. You're able to save one of your Wingmates! Quote one of your Wingmates who took damage this Round! This will remove damage and any possible negative effect from that roll!
Status Effect:

As Aviroth ducked back upwards, back to the task at hand, the sight of one of their weyrlings in trouble caught his eye. Danger, young one...!  

ShinosBee

Nerd

Uta generated a random number between 1 and 15 ... 3!

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:58 am
Ashlings
C'lusi of blue Macuith
HP: 18 - 2 - 5 = 11
Status Effect:
XP:
Target Accuracy: 1 (+1)
Flame Length: 3
General Stamina: 1 (+1)
General Agility: 4 (+2)
Pain Resilience: 1
Instinct: 1

Round 3
1. 11 > -2 HP
2. 12 > +1 Stamina
3. 8 >+2 General Agility
4. 5 > Not a whole lot...
5. 1 > Nullify Damage and any associated Status Effect
6. 3 > +1 Target Accuracy

Nullify Damage & Status Effect
Nullify Damage and any associated Status Effect

C'lusi was still inwardly dreading how awful his first couple of firestone rounds had gone. Still, Macuith seemed undeterred -- it really was windy, and they were trying their best. They both got their stone. Yes, we lost one on the way -- poor stone, it never stood a chance -- and sure Beyath got his --I will be sure to kiss those wounds better! -- but you are doing just fine, Mine. Look, someone else needs stone! We are coming, pet! The blue called out fondly to the older dragon.

C'lusi grimaced, and the wrench in his back objected, but he would carry on.

Thankfully, this time, he was better able to account for it, and the rider got the stone they needed without issue!

Uta generated a random number between 1 and 15 ... 14!
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:05 am
Ashlings
C'lusi of blue Macuith
HP: 18 - 2 - 5 - 3 = 8
Status Effect:
XP:
Target Accuracy: 1 (+1)
Flame Length: 3
General Stamina: 1 (+1)
General Agility: 4 (+2)
Pain Resilience: 1
Instinct: 1

Round 3
1. 11 > -2 HP
2. 12 > +1 Stamina
3. 8 >+2 General Agility
4. 5 > Not a whole lot...
5. 1 > Nullify Damage and any associated Status Effect
6. 3 > +1 Target Accuracy
7. 14 > -3 HP

Nullify Damage & Status Effect
Nullify Damage and any associated Status Effect

When the pair were on point, C'lusi did like to think they did well. Macuith was a natural born flyer, and easily, almost lazily, seemed to fly circles around the patches of Thread. Nothing he did was ever quite boring to watch -- a little flutter of his wings there, or a twirl to catch Thread there -- and it was quite a sight to behold.

Macuith, you really shouldn't show off.

I'm not! Just because this is all serious and full of doom, doesn't mean I can't at least look good doing it.

Ah, but C'lusi noticed exactly when the blue's antics got worse. There were quiet, almost whispered thoughts. Look at this amazingness, Menankith! Do you see me now, Aresoth? What do our sisters have that I don't...besides the obvious. Ah, but the blue couldn't help it. He was cursed to be born in a clutch of terribly handsome boys, and not a one paid him what Macuith thought he was due. And now that he was older, he could not help but be jealous. He deserved just as much fawning. He was beautiful, he was just as graceful as any of the greens, and he could fly circles around Zenobiath. Yes, he had Viandarth.... but Macuith had never liked to be anywhere but the center of attention.

Unfortunately, one of his maneuvers caused the dragon to fight a bit of wind. The way he twisted suddenly made the blue catch himself. Whoops! Well, that was all part of the plan./i] The blue told himself, working the new strain into his moves.

This was okay. They were all okay. C'lusi, though, wasn't so sure.

BastetAmun
Just a minor mention.

Meepfur
Just a minor mention.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Thaliawen rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:17 am
Tsunami
T’rel of green Tyalith
HP: 26 - 4 - 6 = 16
Status Effect: If applicable.
XP:
Target Accuracy: 6
Flame Length: 7
General Stamina: 6
Pain Resilience: 6 + 2 + 1
Luck: 7

A clump of Thread falls right before you! Unfortunately, the wind pushes you and the Thread away from one another. With determination, you fight the wind, trying valiantly to get to the great enemy! You hop Between, hoping to get closer, and flame the Threads that threaten to fall through! Roll a D4 to see if you successfully Between!  
Threadfall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 136 137 138 139 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games