Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:09 pm
[ gaia sucks edition: part who even knows (a post for dawn!) ]

Melhaika

With all the drama on the sands, and those dragonets he'd had his eyes on, hoping that perhaps they might be his soulmate, found Theirs, he still waited. Still held hope that one of the strong, self-reliant, proud ones still looking for Theirs, might turn rainbow eyes on him and claim him, just as he would claim them. It was a dream that made him step forward as the Western rider made a scene and was ejected from the weyr, as other events happened around him.

He had seen the green turn on the girl, leave her broken on the sands. Dead or alive, it didn't matter, and he couldn't care less either way. He hadn't known her, and if she had done something to attract the dragon's ire, that was on her. Stupid, weak, whatever. But the dragonet. She had been a thing of such beauty. Strong, powerful... if one like her was His, the things he and they could accomplish.

But nothing would be accomplished with him in the back of the sands, unable to see or be seen.So He took a step further into the sands towards the eggs and hatchlings still looking for theirs. Then another, and another...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:15 pm
Solameya | She/Her | HR

Her face lit up at seeing Haelwen was the one Poor Unfortunate Souls has called to. She beamed back to the woman as she passed with her armful of white dragonet, reaching out to pat her shoulder, mindful of the injuries to her back. “Congratulations, Haelwen, and thank you! We’ll see if I join you this time around. You’ll have to introduce me to your partner properly at the Feast later. We can catch up then. You two go get looked at.” She helped clear the way for them, sweeping an arm wide to press a couple people back. Once they passed through, Solameya refocused on the parents, remaining eggs, and hatched babies. If she was lucky, maybe. If not, there was always next time...unless the entire remaining candidate group got purged due to poor behavior. That...that wouldn’t be great.

Rian-chan
Solly is excited for Haelwen!

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:25 pm
Dehka

Dehka had been watching the action as best he could with one eye... and everything seemed to dissolve into chaos at once. Kahbrohm was still out there, and Eveleth's bellow had shaken the entire earth, or so it seemed. Candidates were still upsetting the young dragons... and then the response of a non-native dragon seemed to set everything off in a way that made his chest seize up tight. Swallowing thickly , the boy turned his head once his sleeve was grabbed, staring at Orri with one wide eye. "Y-Yeah," He agreed, stumbling to his feet. He couldn't see Soui. Was she alright?

As the mauled girl was brought in, Dehka had to look away, hoping that she'd be alright. "We need to go out there and... we need to be p-positive." He said quietly, taking an unsteady breath as he got up as well. "For the dragons, and for the other candidates. It's bad but... it doesn't have to stay bad."

There were still dragons that needed to find Theirs, and they shouldn't have to do so in an atmosphere of tension, anger, and fear. Sticking close to Orri, he stepped back out onto the sands, glancing for signs of his brother or Soui... He could see Kahbrohm, and that was enough to ease some of his tension, but.... Soui...

With a deep breath, Dehka tried to keep himself calm. He was... sorry. He was sorry that people had acted so poorly, sorry that the dragons had gotten so upset. He knew that he'd reacted badly as well, panicking when Sectumsempra had attacked Orri.

He was grateful that he'd been given the chance to stand here. He was genuinely happy that so many people had been able to find their bonded today. Determined, the boy kept his thoughts focused on... well, as lame as it sounded, love. The love of family, the love of dragons finding their riders. "We should split up maybe, and look for Candidates that seem upset." He suggested, glancing over to Orri. He... didn't really want to leave his friend, considering his wounds...

...but then again, this was bigger than the two of them, wasn't it?

medigel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:36 pm
Reya and Raqisath
"That's not good," Reya heard her brother say. He was clearly not answering her question about Raqisath's dietary needs. His eyes had that faraway gaze they got when he was speaking to Huarangith.

"What?" she demanded, continuing all the while to chop bloody pieces of flesh into smaller morsels so that Raqisath would eat them without complaint.

One of the dragons in the stands, Raqisath supplied as she took a piece of meat into her mouth and turned away so that no one would see her actually swallow it. He insulted...everyone. There's going to be trouble over this.

Reya glanced between Raqisath and R'bin, frustrated that she wasn't getting all of the available information, and then infuriated when R'bin shook his head at her and instructed her not to worry about it.

"Just feed your dragon," he said. He still hadn't asked what Raqisath's name was.

He'll probably remember soon that he forgot, and be very sorry.

Oh, he'd be sorry all right, Reya thought to herself, though Raqisath heard it anyway. Their bond already ran strong and deep, and Reya had no experience in compartmentalizing thoughts and feelings from dragons. I'll make him sorry.

Raqisath sneaked another swallow and shifted in her place, trying very hard to resist the urge to scratch. The goo and slime from her egg was drying to her hide and beginning to tug and itch.

Can we do it after we do something about my hide? she asked. I probably look a mess, and I itch so badly.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:44 pm
Roana and Green Ulendoth

Ro rolled her eyes at Iathe's patronizing edge to her voice and readied her tongue to make some salty comment directed at Iathe about a candidate claiming to know all the ins and outs of a weyr's politics, but before she could deliver the scathing (yet playful) sick burn everything went to between in a bucket.

It started with a great roar from the senior queen. And while Ulendoth was completely un-phased by the thunderous noise, Roana felt the sound travel in vibrations from the soles of her feet to the tip of her hair. Shaking her down to her marrow in more ways than she cared to admit to anyone but Ulendoth. The green offered a soothing croon to her rider. Sadly before she could dole out further comfort and assurances things escalated.
A bronze stood up to insult the senior queen, high reaches and every candidate and new rider all in one. To add to the pantomime of it all, he even projected his complaints over the entire sands.

Ulendoth flared her wings, hissed and went completely and violently red eyed for the first time since her hatching. He does not get to rush my brothers and sisters like that. Risk them being harmed.
Unlike her siblings she didn't make a rush for the door but she started to march back towards it purposefully, she was going to see that rude bronze for herself. Still feeling in control Ro followed her instead of stopping her the pair walked to the entrance peering back out onto the sands just in time to see the offending dragon make his exit.

She turned back to Marty and Iathe with a look that echoed the gold riders, what by the first egg had that all been about. Ulendoth huffed,puffed and snorted but the target of her anger was gone and Ro held her at the threshold of the sands with command alone. "I have no idea why a bronze would upset a queen at a hatching but he's gone. The rest of the babies don't look to be affected by it either. I think it's mostly the adults that have gone red eyed this time."

With nothing else to do on the sands Ulendoth stalked back to Skerath, lowered her head and projected the image of the fleeing bronze criminal to her cousin. He deserves it, his picture, for next time. If he dared show his face around them again.

Tsunake

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:47 pm
HAVELI

Is out cold.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:01 pm
SOUI and WHITE MUSETH

Soui's face flushed a little at the man's words but she dismissed herself with a bow, manners intact. Museth's need for being oiled was her priority and she would find herself being so thankful that her lifemate was small.

I will not always remain small though you need not worry. I won't be nearly as large as some of my wonderful sisters and brothers. Museth was delicately set down as Soui started gathering the supplies they'd need, all the oils and the buckets and everything else. She sat patiently, daring not even to yawn, as one of her wings was softly taken in by Soui's hands and the teen looked her over. You don't need to be so gentle with me. I'm not some fresh egg that will break, just like you. We're both far stronger than our outward appearances would suggest.

The teen blushed a bit more and let the wing go, starting away to oil the glorious white hide before her. "Let me know if I miss a spot, or you want me to go over another area." Museth thrummed she'd happily do so, but it was unlikely her lifemate would make such an easy mistake. Soui was far too attentive for her own good.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:33 pm
Bekah had decided to go check up on Ticene, the girl she'd patched up, at least until she'd sorted her dragon out and the hatching was over. She entered the feeding area just as a candidate's knife blade slipped from it's handle. Bekah gasped and rushed over, "Don't pull it out just yet" she exclaimed, she needed to assess where it had landed and what damage it could have caused before pulling it out. She bent to the rider's foot but also eyed the dragon "Are you ok?" she asked the rider, but also the dragon, such a shock could be dangerous for such a new bond.

houllow

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:36 pm

It was time. I'll Make a Man Out of You wobbled, small, carefully chosen and executed cracks appearing on the egg's surface. This dragonet was ready to be out, and had heard the injustices meted out from within its shell. It was more than time.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:45 pm
Juhvek

Someone was feeling active even after all of the fuss and fun of everything. Of course, this was a good thing. Juhvek stared after the wiggling egg for a moment, before looking off towards the other dragons will roaming the sands. No egg would hold attention more than a hatched baby. Not because he didn't care, but because he liked having most of his flesh and the little ones had the claws and teeth required to fight him on that particular opinion.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:59 pm
Even after a few Hatchings, Leiheti wasn’t comfortable with this whole exposed aspect. It wasn’t helped by all the goings on in the course of this hatching so far. She was still standing tall and proud, if a little battered from some of the greens. There was blood on her robe from a number of cuts. She wasn’t willing to go to the healers just yet. There were others with much greater needs.

She had been horrified when the bronze spoke the way he did and proud of the Weyr’s response. Nope. No bad things to say about the babies here. They were all wonderful in their own ways. Fighters, dreamers, and everything in between. So much new blood and wonderful things to come. While she was angry on behalf of the babies, she was also aware that anger might not help them. So she stayed as peppy as she could, using the small scenes of adorableness to help buoy her spirit. Krah was a wonderful father and that certainly helped Leiheti smile.

A wiggling egg caught her attention. It was almost time for another reveal! How wonderful! Let naysayers say what they want. This was a perfect group of hatchlings.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:03 pm
YU'STAR and BRONZE NEVIDENTH

If the woman who walked over was expecting the man and dragonet pair to be in a state of horror, she was in for a surprise of various types. The knife indeed remained in Yu'star's foot (he knew enough to keep it in) and he'd managed to find another and was already cutting up more pieces of meat for Nevidenth. Both regarded the newcomer with a confused look and matching headtilts, as though she were the one with the problem here.

"I'm fine, why?" He wasn't bleeding too badly and even though Nevidenth had small flakes of yellow in his eyes the bronze was mostly at peace and chewing. Yu'star's voice was the soft as usual sort, and he paused in his cutting so as to give this fine lady his undivided attention. "Nevidenth is doing okay as well he says, but thanks for your concern."

I think this one is worried about the knife in your foot. Nevidenth swallowed the chunk of meat in his mouth and leaned down, huffing a small blast of air against the object that had his lifemate quite literally pinned to the spot. I know you can feel the pain since we're sharing that link pretty strongly but I'm kinda surprised at how well you're handling it. Yu'star looked down at the bronze and shrugged. It makes me kinda said how used to this you are. I don't like you being in pain. The flecks of yellow turned into a small ribbon though a pat on the head knobs from a leaning over teen pressed that away.

"I've had worse." The statement was said to both the girl and the dragon by a candidate-now-weyrling who was entirely too dismissive of the fact he had a knife in his foot. "No need to worry about it."

That doesn't make it okay. Your sister, the Big Sis, will not be pleased that I'm already not doing my job. Nevidenth did not know the big sister but he knew enough to say she would be unhappy. Maybe.

Revel1984

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:06 pm

Yet it was Friends on the Other Side who hatched first, the blue dragonet seeming to simply appear on the sands. Discarded bits of eggshell crunched beneath his feet as he began to slink through the remaining Candidates. Were these children here for him? Or had they moved on to less enticing thoughts than marrying their minds to his own?

But oh, the things that Friends could offer them, if only they dared to deal with him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:08 pm
Bekah shook her head and chuckled "you're either very brave or just plain crazy" She looked at the blade in his foot, "i don't think it's hit anything major, you ready?" she asked, before preparing to pull the knife, thankfully she always had bandages in her smock pockets. She didn't want to do anything that could damage the new bond but the rider needed that knife removing, needed it looking at. "I'm Bekah you two are?" she asked them.

houllow

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:19 pm
Fahn

For all of the jitters of stress, Fahn kept her head tall. These were fantastic babies, and her desire to meet them had to reflect that. She wasn't tired, and certainly she could have wished breakfast would come sooner, but that wasn't the fault of these eggs. If Western's most vocal mouthpiece thought so, well.....

They were made of less than she was.

A blur emerged from an egg she'd been watching, though she didn't remember much of when she'd touched it. But it was beautiful, and she idly wondered who it would want. Who is your perfect fit, friend?

----

Kinyegele

Kinye was still feeling a bit nervous, but focused on the babies on the sands with as much goodness as she could muster. Even if she wanted to be up in the stands hugging her mother and father right then. Why did that Bronze dragon have to rile up all of the adults when this was supposed to be a happy day?

Why could nobody appreciate how much good was happening? Why was it just about them? What about this handsome blue? How much goodness he must have had waiting for him in his future! Welcome to the world, friend! I hope yours isn't hard to find!  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games