Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Diagon Alley Streets Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:19 pm
Once I get up I feel better and I pull myself together
I remember those two letters, it will be OK
Everyone says now or never, I say only if it's better
Be a night like this forever, but we know better

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

» Owl Eɴтнυѕιαѕт » Hᴜғғʟᴇᴘᴜғғ Fᴏᴜʀᴛʜ Yeαr » Cнαѕer

.¸¸.•´´¯`•Laili snorted then covered her mouth her a hand in embarrassment but still couldn't contain her giggles because Nath was not-so-secretly hilarious. There were a few diehards in theater that were always bummed when their"fantastic" plays were rejected but Nath had to be the only one she knew that consistently suggested the same one. Personally, she was going to be voting for Hercules but could admit that it would be pretty cool making all the cat outfits and backdrops needed for Cats. She finally relaxed her arm as he replied that he was mostly going to the bookstore to find help books on running such a club-smart-but her smile dimmed as he then said he didn't think he'd been a good choice for leader. Bollocks!

"Having no clue what you're doing doesn't mean your not a good leader! Plenty of people have no idea what to do and they're being leaders and whatnot. Look at my brother! He became creator and leader of a club at like, twelve! Zero idea how to run. I'm also pretty sure he still has no idea how to run it and yet it still hasn't run itself into the ground and it's marginally popular." Honestly she had no idea how popular it was seeing as she never went to a meeting, but some Hufflepuffs always had nice things to say about it, so there was that. "Literally, my entire family is filled with people who run businesses or help in businesses that they had no clue what they were doing when they first started. But they learned eventually and now I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing. Eighty percent sure at least." Laili amended with slight shrug.

In her opinion, most of Wyatt's job was paperwork so she had to assume he had some knowledge of what he was doing while Milo...Milo was really good with owls. And he married someone like papa who could help him with the business side and with his handwriting. She rolled her eyes at his theater for dummies quip but still grinned because that would certainly be an interesting read. "If you're really worried, you could get a co-captain like Rory and Candy did. Or maybe get one of the older students to be like your um, soundboard? I think that's the right term. Basically someone you could talk to and bounce ideas off of that wouldn't think you're going mad. I very willingly volunteer as long as one of your ideas is making me going on stage again." she added with a weak chuckle still not over being thrust in the non-limelight of the stage. She hadn't had to do much as a witch in Hamlet, she didn't even have more than an inch of lines luckily, but still. Being on stage in front of people was a no go. Funnily enough, she didn't mind being in front of hundreds more people in the air during Quidditch. Maybe it was because she actively moving and not trying to play some character. Or she was just barmy. She was sure most of her friends would go for the latter.

I'll be just fine
When I see you at the finish line
Doesn't matter if I take my time
I'm coming home

Cara MiaKitty

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:01 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
▬▬ It is better to be hated for what you are, ▬▬

Vespera walked out of the courtyard of the Leaky Cauldron. She had sat there waiting for a witch or wizard to go through, until finally, she slipped past them. She didn't dare tell her mother where she had gone, it was better that she ask for forgiveness later. She slid through the crowd before whispering to herself,"Why wouldn't mother want me to be apart of this world, it's marvelous." She continued walking through the streets, looking for somewhere interesting to go, or at least someone that was over twice her age to talk to. Although, she also kept looking down a lot, the cobbled streets were not in her favor with her clumsy self.

▬▬ than to be loved for what you are not. ▬▬

Where: Diagon Alley
With Whom: Nobody yet
Thinking about: Not Falling
Description: Short 4' even, blond hair, green eyes and slight tan.
Wearing: green dress and thin silver cloak.
OOC: It's a post!

_____

_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:33 pm
Stefan Lee Salvatore

User Image

Once I rose above the noise and confusion
                                                              Just to get a glimpse beyond the illusion
                                                              I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high
                                                              Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
                                                              Though my mind could think I still was a mad man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vinny was entertaining himself today. His grandma had gone off the robe shop to order early his robes for school. He was a bit of a special case, not many first years were on the high end of five feet. He would enjoy only being this tall cause he knew he will be a tower by the time he was an adult. He was more looking around to see where he wanted to hang. He really didn't get to know many other people so he really had no clue who his classmates were. maybe he could get ice cream? He did have some money from grandma, maybe they had mint flavor?

Masquerading as a man with a reason
                                                                            My charade is the event of the season
                                                                            And if I claim to be a wise man
                                                                            It surely means that I don't know
                                                                            On a stormy sea of moving emotion
                                                                            Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:57 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
▬▬ It is better to be hated for what you are, ▬▬

Vespera continued walking down te streets, considering stopping into a shop, but which one? She looked up for a moment and saw a strange fellow, he was tall, but he looked childish still. She hated talking to people, but maybe it would be okay, just this once? She shrugged, and walked toward him and waved, "Excuse me, I was wondering where one should go for- " Vespera had stopped looking where she was walking, and tripped over a raised stone. She was going to fall into the stranger, this was not a great first impression.

▬▬ than to be loved for what you are not. ▬▬

With Whom: Vinny
Thinking about: Falling
Vespera Description: Short 4' even, blond hair, green eyes and slight tan.
OOC:

Kungfudemoness
_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:28 pm
Stefan Lee Salvatore

User Image

Vinny was making his way to the ice cream shop when a girl likely his age approched. She had been mid question whe she tripped. Being close he was able to catch her. She fell into his chest, "Oh hey are you ok?" Vinny asked once she had her balance and berings. He had been fine. There had been enough reaction time to brace himself from the fact he had a girl fall at him. Poor girl seemed like she was embarased. Vinny hoped to distract her. "I know Diagon Alley pretty well. Were you trying to shop early like my grandma is?" Vinny asked "I can help"

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:29 pm
The Connelly Family...

//Stella////////////////Priscilla/////////////Charlotte
User Image User Image User Image
///Step Sister//////////Eldest Twin////////Youngest Twin

Davina was arguable dealing with the family outing. Her husband was home and it had been his idea that they take a trip to Diagon Alley prior to the summer rush. Of course, her daughters didn’t have their letters yet as their birthday fell in the summer months. That meant very little to Desmond whose daughter Stella had received her letter earlier. She suspected the girl would want to get her wand before the rush. However, that wasn’t part of the woman’s agenda.

Stella hadn’t been thinking of it much as she was simply grateful to have her father’s presence to soften her step sisters’ overall hellish domineer. The young girl was finding it hard to deal with her step mother and her step sisters all in one day. Stella could see the struggle on Priscilla’s face about everything as they walked down the alley way. It probably took everything she had no to complain in front of their father. It was a nice reprieve from it all.

Priscilla however didn’t think so. Although her step dad was hardly terrible she hated having to be perfect around him. Mother would have her head if she spoke out of line around him. Never mind if she spoke horribly to Stella. The perfect innocent act was just torture. The fact her twin sister easily pulled it off irritated her further. “Isn’t it a wonderful day Cilla?” Charlotte asked her twin as she skipped down the stone alley. “Oh yeah Charlotte totally.” She replied in the fakes voice imaginable.

Charlotte seemed oblivious to that fact. Stella on the other hand did not. Of course, she didn’t say anything. The three girls and their parents came across two kids about their age. Well at least one kid and a rather large boy. While their parents were window shopping, Charlotte couldn’t help but speak up to the two. “You’re really tall.” She stated to the boy completely ignoring the fact that he was talking with another girl. “Charlotte… You shouldn't interrupt like that.” Stella told the red headed girl. “Oh sorry…” She apologized. “Why are you apologizing? Stella doesn’t have a say. Now do you?” Priscilla commented glaring at her step sister. She was lucky their father was out of range. If it wasn’t one’s word against the other Stella probably would have spoken up to it. However, she didn’t want it to get back to her step mother when her father wasn’t present.

Stats'

Stella: Grateful
      Priscilla: Faking Innocence
      Charlotte: Obliviously Happy

Who we're with: Our parents... Vespera & Vinny
    OOC: Hope the time stamp in my location is accurate for you both.

Stefan Lee Salvatore
    Kungfudemoness

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 1:59 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
▬▬ ▬▬

Vespera blushed, having fallen into the strangers chest. "I'm sorry! I didn't meanto fall I just... well sorry again. I was trying to find anything to do here, there's so much. I've not been here before, so it's a bit disorienting." Vespera kept looking down, not making eye contact with the stranger. That was when three girls came their way, and made a comment about the boy's tallness. Vespera was originally going to befriend the tall boy, but between the boy, and the three girls, Vespera wanted to better befriend the abrupt female, she didn't seem afraid of talking to strangers, which Vespera hated doing. Maybe I can befriend him if the others befriend him, or befriend him if I see him again in the future.

Vespera seemingly changed into a different personality.Looking up directly into the strangers eyes and speeking softly, but loud enough all four listeners to hear, she said, "You are quite tall, since she brought it up. Why?" She stopped her question short, she would ask simply this time, but slowly become more persistent and snoopy about it, until the boy answered her. She had to turn sides quickly, to not make it seem like she was being too friendly with the boy.

▬▬ ▬▬

With Whom: Vinny and Connelly Family
Thinking about: Who to befriend
OOC: Have been wanting to post all day. but work.

Kungfudemoness
murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 3:01 pm
Stefan Lee Salvatore

User Image

Well the conversation went kinda sideways. He had been about to say the interruption was fine after the one girl chimed in and a ...sister? Said not to inturupt. The blonde girl rubbed him the wrong way. She was the mean kind of bossy. The first girl seemed to recover quickly enough and asked why he was tall. Oh he would be rich if he has a galleon for every time he had been asked. "Well I do in fact eat all my veggies. Probably one to many beong this tall." Vinny replied knowing they likely not fully belive him. Of they out right guessed his heritage he wouldn't lie. He was not ashamed of it. He only disliked how noticeable he was.

Ooc: sorry fixed errors

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 3:20 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
▬▬"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. " ▬▬

Vespera shrugged, who was she to think otherwise, maybe there was some sort of potion or spell the wizarding parents put on their children that would make them grow tall, and his parents just used the occurrence too often. She glanced at the other girls and then at the boy, she bit her lip in thought, trying to determine who she would befriend at the moment, the girls or the boy. She shrugged to herself, deciding to talk with the boy for now, but perhaps maybe all of them could be friends. "It was rather rude of me, to fall into you and not introduce myself, we're still complete strangers," Vespera spoke softly again. She curtsied and continued, "I'm Vespera Salazar,and you are?"

▬▬ "Within each of us is the capacity for both good and evil." ▬▬

With Whom: Vinny and Girls
Thinking about: Unknown
OOC:

Kungfudemoness

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:24 am
The Connelly Family...

//Stella////////////////Priscilla/////////////Charlotte
User Image User Image User Image
///Step Sister//////////Eldest Twin////////Youngest Twin

Stella remained quite as she observed the other two. She wasn’t exactly sure what was going on prior to them walking over but it didn’t really matter. Thanks to Charlotte they were otherwise involved. It would be rude to walk away now. Even if she were content to just head back to her father and pray Davina didn’t say anything. But, of course Stella would do the polite thing and hang around her step sisters. Mostly to make sure that they weren’t going to say thing mean, like Priscilla usually did.

Charlotte on the other hand really just wanted to know why the boy was so tall. His answer wasn’t one that most would believe, but Charlotte being Charlotte did so to a tee. “Stella eats her veggies.” The red head said in amazement. “Really Charlotte, you actually buy that?” Priscilla scoffed. Charlotte looked to her sister with a slight frown on her face. “No, of course not.” She answered. Priscilla didn’t seem convinced and rightly so. If there was one thing Stella knew Charlotte always went with what Priscilla said. Regardless Stella certainly didn’t believe it. Though the other girl seemed questionable on the matter. Either way Stella knew there had to be more to it. Course she wasn’t going to ask out right. Luckily Priscilla didn’t either probably because she didn’t think it was worth her time. Then again it wasn’t like it affected her life, which meant she certainly didn’t care about it.

When Vespera gave the boy her name that gave Priscilla the opening to jump into the conversation. “I’m Priscilla Richardson-Connelly and this here is my sister Charlotte.” She introduced the two of them. If there was one thing she loved it was attention and Stella knew that. “We’re twins.” Charlotte added. "Clearly not identical." Priscilla chimed in after. Stella found herself staying silent. She wasn’t asked her name, nor did she need Priscilla getting even more annoyed with her then she already was.

Stats'

Stella: Grateful
      Priscilla: Faking Innocence
      Charlotte: Obliviously Happy

Who we're with: Our parents... Vespera & Vinny
    OOC: @Kung : You forgot to quote me lol

Stefan Lee Salvatore
    Kungfudemoness

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:05 pm
Stefan Lee Salvatore
murruelecreuset

User Image

Well someone was most definitely bossy. Vinny wanted to comment but decided it wasn't truly worth it. She seemed mean indiscriminately. "My names Vincent Cloutier, I just go with Vinny." He said deciding to be polite in spite of the bossy girl. If they were looking for status in his name they would be dissappointed. His family name was fairly adverage. At least something about him was. Two of the girls introduced themselves as twin sisters. "Well seeing as you guys do look different I would assume you're not identical." Vinny said. As sarcastic as it sounded Vinny legitimately was being genuine. One of the girl didn’t introduce themselves though. "What your name?" He asked her. He had a gut felling about how the girls got along with each other and he hoped to be proven wrong.

Ooc: derp my bad!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:17 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
▬▬"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. " ▬▬

Vespera nodded at each one as they said their names, trying to make a mental note to not forget the names within the next five minutes. She listened as the twins popped their way into the conversation again, liking their sense of bursting in more and more, if they would burst in, and she befriended them, she wouldn't have to be the one to start conversations, and that in itself was a miracle. When Vinny asked who the third girl was she studied her. She seemed shy, and probably too smart for her own good. May not necessarily a bad ting, but not someone Vespera would befriend right off, they would likely end up just sitting in silence too often. She waited for the girl to answer who she was, probably related to the two twin sisters.

▬▬ "Within each of us is the capacity for both good and evil." ▬▬

With Whom: Vinny and Girls
Thinking about: Who are these people.
OOC: /me dies

Kungfudemoness

murruelecreuset

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:51 pm
User Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          αяє уσυ нιgн єиσυgн ωιтнσυт тнє мαяу נαиє ℓιкє мє؟
                                                          ∂σ уσυ тєαя уσυяѕєℓf αραят тσ єитєятαιи ℓιкє мє؟
                                                          ∂σ тнє ρєσρℓє ωнιѕρєя 'вσυт уσυ σи тнє тяαιи ℓιкє мє؟
                                                          αуιиg тнαт уσυ ѕнσυℓ∂и'т ωαѕтє уσυя ρяєтту fα¢є ℓιкє мє؟

spaceKitty's nose had wrinkled within five feet of the apothecary door, and she had immediately regretted her decision to join Leilani on her shopping trip. It'd seemed like a good idea at the time; she needed out of the house, according to... well, everyone. Ken was usually fairly indulgent, if only because she was a decent babysitter, but Sawyer was at the age where she didn't need constant supervision (supposedly, anyway, Kitty would argue that girl would probably need it until she was thirty). He was finally starting to grouch about her living on his couch and never 'getting out and doing anything.' She knew she ought to get a job, but she had no connections in England, and no qualifications. Her grades had been barely passable and she'd skipped college altogether. Not that she regretted that, mind. College sounded terrible and she'd never been particularly academic. But it did limit her options to 'retail' and 'being discovered as untapped talent'. And 'bum.' She was kinda cool with being a bum, but she did feel a little guilty about Ken footing the bill. She wasn't his problem. Even if her aunt had decided otherwise.

spaceStill, no amount of guilt in the world was going to make her step foot in that foul-smelling shop. She'd be spending a week trying to wash the smell out of her hair. She'd always sort of wondered why her aunt spent so much money on candles and incense; now she had her answer. Ugh. She'd informed the woman that she'd be staying outside, thanks very much, and had walked just far enough away to avoid the smell. Now, she was stuck outside in the freezing cold, which was only marginally better. She wasn't made for this weather, dammit. Couldn't Lei have made friends with a wizard with family in Spain or Greece? Italy? Egypt? Really anywhere but here was cool with her. But no, she'd picked the redneck with the most painfully British brother ever. How those two were even related was mind boggling, honestly.

уσυ ¢αи'т ωαкє υρ, тнιѕ ιѕ иσт α ∂яєαм
                                                          уσυ'яє ραят σf α мα¢нιиє, уσυ αяє иσт α нυмαи вєιиg
                                                          ωιтн уσυя fα¢є αℓℓ мα∂є υρ, ℓινιиg σи α ѕ¢яєєи
                                                          ℓσω σи ѕєℓf-єѕтєєм, ѕσ уσυ яυи σи gαѕσℓιиє

wнere - Diagon Alley, near the Apothecary
                                                          wнen - Winter 2042
                                                          wιтн - who
                                                          - ooc -
                                                          blah blah blah

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:28 pm
User Image
                                                  In the end
                                                  As you fade into the night
                                                  Who will tell the story of your life
                                                  And who will remember your last goodbye
                                                  'Cause it's the end and I'm not afraid
                                                  I'm not afraid to die.

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Sᴘᴇʟʟ Iɴᴠᴇɴᴛᴏʀ || Hᴀʟꜰʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Mordred walked down Diagon Alley, a bag slung over one shoulder as he sighed for the millionth time it seemed over having to get new robes. He hadn't gotten any in a while, and his father had insisted on looking good for a family dinner they were supposed to have together. Which, Mordred had to scoff at. It was all for appearances. That's all it was. He felt bad for his little sister, since he was certain that Gueneviere hadn't asked to be born into it, but he guessed that their father was a lot more accepting of her than Mordred since she wasn't a b*****d. Which stung, but Mordred wasn't going to comment on it. He rarely was around anyway, only going over for the occasional holiday and dinner. Like later that week.

Making a face, he skirted around some shoppers as they went about their business. That's when he noticed a woman standing off to the side, looking quite out of place waiting beside the apothecary. He hadn't seen her around before, but that wasn't saying much, as he wasn't there often himself. However, that didn't stop a bemused look cross his face as he decided to approach the young woman.
                                                  "Well, you don't look like you frequent here. Waiting on someone?"

════════════════════════

Thinking: I am going to skip the next family dinner and claim I'm in Milan.
                                                  OOC:

-◬-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Born a saint
                                                  But with every sin I still wanna be holy
                                                  I will live again
                                                  Who we are
                                                  Isn't how we live we are more than our bodies
                                                  If I fall I will rise back up and relive my glory

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games