Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:17 pm
Candidate Nalacko she/her

The dragons. The dragons were mad about something. Nala wasn’t sure about what though. The babies? No, that didn’t seem right. Maybe something else. She figured she’d hear about it after the hatching.

Nala hoped Shar would get Riz and his new dragon off the sands quickly. This wasn’t a place for either of them, hurt as they were. She also wondered where Shar’s dragon in all of this might be. Now would be the perfect time for the dragonet to claim her before she went back to the healers.

She glanced around, feeling another presence. It felt like someone trying to reassure her, but Nala wasn’t familiar with who. Who? She sent back gratitude for the support to her mystery friend. Her attention turned back to the eggs. Oh another was starting to wobble. It was among some of the last to do so. Nala debated with herself what color MOOY would be.

It would have to wait, as she watched a blue slinking among the candidates. Did he not want to be seen or was trying to sneak up on his rider? Then MOOY hatched into a dainty little green. She smiled as the shell remained stubbornly attached to the little green.

Nala crossed her fingers the two greens wouldn’t fight when they faced off. Then MOOY went to investigate the candidates, particularly ones that had been wounded. Such a sweet little green!

SilverLutz
Shar

Dea and #Teddy#
Zamistia and Nanuth

Hattaki
Riz and Tiny Bronze!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:23 pm
Haelwen of White Sthenoth
Haelwen watched as others around her received medical care with an increasing frustration. Hadn't they heard her the first time? She narrowed her eyes and tried again "Hello? Some assistance for my dragonet please?" this time her voice was sweet and she forced a smile into place to seem more inviting despite being frustratred, worried impatient, and in pain herself. Maybe we would have better luck if you reached out to a healer sweetie. These ones all seem too busy to bother with helping us.

The little white dragon lifted her head, eyeing those around them and her eyes swirled yellow, grey, and a hint of red creeped into them. Why weren't they listening to her Haelwen? Didn't they realize who they were ignoring? Nwither of them were in the right state to put them in their place at the moment but the young dragon was definitely keeping track of those who brushed them off so easily. A few more moments passed before the little white reached out, brushing the minds of a few who seemed medically inclined, perhaps one of them could help. Assistance please, near the healer's station. This Sthenoth and her Haelwen are feeling quite off. the baby lay her head back down on the sands and closed her eyes to try and make the world stop shaking and spinning before she found herself gstting sick again.

Revel1984
Requesting healer assistance smile

Rian-chan

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:37 pm
YU'STAR and BRONZE NEVIDENTH

Yu'star didn't particularly like being blamed for something nor being told what to do but turn after turn of living with his family had more or less browbeaten him into silent acceptance. It was amazing enough he'd voiced the fact that Nevidenth was the unhappy one and yet? Somehow he was the one being blamed over it. It was no different from back home.

Are you going to blame me for them blaming you? Nevidenth kept his wings open, looking at the approach of a fellow bronze and his rider with the same level of unease that he'd had over Bekah. That's not really fair nor my fault but if you want to I'll understand. Yu'star sighed, this time loudly enough for everyone around him to hear.

"Yes it hurts and yes I want it removed, but Nevidenth you're upset because you don't want me to get hurt more and she's over here thinking that I'm being stubborn for no reason." He gestured towards the pair - or trio - in front of him with his hand that happened to be holding the other cutting knife he'd managed to take. The handle on this one wiggled as well with the motion, though the teen tightened his grip on it and moved it back towards the table slow and steady. "And -"

Nevidenth moved and leaned against him, trying to calm down the irritation the youth was feeling. He was trying to help, really, and it just seemed as though miscommunication was another wonderful side effect of his horrible, horrible luck. You just want to get me taken care of before someone takes care of you. I understand.

Yu'star had his doubts that Nevidenth really understood but he wasn't going to press the issue. He was a bit too happy, really, even with everything going on.

Revel1984

Sinders Path

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:38 pm
Meztli
They offered a kind look as Ruunan rejoined their little gaggle, trying to seem more in control and confident than they felt. They honestly had no real idea what they were looking for in a dragon, but maybe that was a good thing. This was all still novel to them, and it made the lows less low, and the highs higher. They took a moment to catch Rykin's eye too, if only to make sure he was doing alright as well. Things had gone...pretty rough there for a minute, and knowing that they themself were from Western...didn't help in the moment.

But then the egg that Ruunan had seemed enamored of had hatched safely into a tiny white, and the one they themself had been keen on spilled a blue. They eyed Friends on the Other Side with undisguised interest. "Sorry, no cake here yet, but...well." They'd been mumbling under their breath as if the dragon could hear it. Still...if they didn't impress, and were sent to Western, and not allowed back for the feast, they'd not be able to offer the hatchling any cake even there. Maybe he'd forgotten his in-the-shell demand of it...might be better to not remind him, if they weren't going to be able to be forthcoming. Sorry buddy.  

ShinosBee

Nerd

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:46 pm
FISHER

It was nice to see these interactions happening smoothly enough, and Fisher continued the instructed trend of happy thoughts and nothing else. She could follow commands and should have been following them all along, which prompted a bit of a sigh from the titan. Being on land was weakening her resolve at being a good person who didn't question things or do stuff on her own.

Her dads would be furious at her behavior were they to find out.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:49 pm
Despite holding her ground against the rather awful bronze and his rather awful rider, Shar could see more movement on the sands. Another green had joined the fray, leaving just two or so eggs left to hatch. The other babies were still milling about, picking and choosing who they wished to go with. Her gaze flicked over to Rizdax and his dragon and he hoped the boy hadn't passed out on top of the small bronze. If he had she'd be sure to get him off, but she'd definitely need help getting him to the healer once more.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:51 pm

There was a little problem, forming, and Friends on the Other Side was not pleased. In fact, he was more than a little irritated. ... And there was no cake! Whatever that might be. Memories from a certain Candidate reminded him that it was some sort of food or another, which wasn't terribly convenient. His stomach rumbled, and he turned reproachful eyes upon that very same Candidate.

Yet it was something else troubling him. Is it customary to leave a show when it's not finished? he asked, laying down upon the sands so that he could observe them all. How... disrespectful.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:00 pm
Juhvek

Juhvek continued to observe the newly hatched blue curiously. "No," he confirmed, though he suspected the young dragon already knew this based on how he'd posed the question. Had someone in particular left and the blue was looking for them, perhaps?  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:01 pm
Aroontwa agreed. Most disrespectful. Though he knew some of the ones who had left were the ones that had to…due to injuries and whatnots. Still, he hoped that no one still standing on the sands had left mentally. That would be terrible! How could they not be focused on these wonderful, beautiful, perfect baby dragons?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:01 pm
Bekah heard the call for assistance, Please bear with me, i'll be but a moment she thought towards the voice, more accustomed than most possibly to have a dragon speaking to her, having had to deal with riders during threadfalls.

Bekah blinked at Yu'star "Sorry rider Yu'star, it's so early.. I understand wanting your dragon cared for first, but i can sort this without you having to stop caring for Nevidenth, you just need to sit and raise your foot, i'll do the rest" she smiled, "but i understand if you'd rather a journeyman to tend to you"

Rian-chan

houllow

Sinders Path

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:03 pm

Everything had gone to Thread in an instant. Yunara was utterly overwhelmed, and suddenly terribly conscious that she was not a High Reaches native. Nor indeed, anything but a guest at present. Had she been a little less well bred, she might have chewed on her fingernails in anxiety. A feeling of shame washed over her. Although she had not thought or said anything ill intended toward the babies, she had been worried about Karou. Worried, and perhaps an unwelcome visitor herself.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:03 pm
Candidate Nalacko she/her

She was surprised by the blue’s question. Leave? No one usually left a hatching, she thought until she remembered the gravely injured like Riz and Shar. Perhaps they had to see the healers, but not usually.  

magnadearel

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:04 pm
SOUI and WHITE MUSETH

Soui was halfway through oiling Museth's stomach when a thought occurred to her, one that had the white's eyes whirl with amusement. What is a Dehka? Or rather, who is a Dehka? When the candidate paused even more for thought, Museth pressed a bit more. Your mind is full of lots of thoughts of different people and places. I look forward to meeting them all.

"It depends on when we can. I know you'll be able to meet Dehka sooner than later since he's a candidate too and maybe could come in here. As for Tsu and Yudu maybe at the feast? I don't know if Grandpa - er, F'gon, will be there, or auntie Veena. They're all really busy." Western was across the seas and they were all likely in bed if not trying to help people who were dealing with Thread. "You'll meet them eventually. Maybe not right away but it'll happen. Time will be on our side."

The white approved of such positive thoughts, of the bonds that Soui was already making in what would become their new home. Hers was truly strong despite her small frame and young age, and Museth couldn't wait to show all of that to the rest of High Reaches. They would be fools to dismiss her so easily.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:04 pm
Meztli
...Whoops. Well, they'd gotten the blue's attention (and disdain, perhaps?) regardless. Unbidden came the mental image of all sorts of lovely cakes they could make, dazzling with glazes and spun sugars and studded with berries so rich in color as to match the blue's hide. If only if only. But there'd barely been time to get dressed, let alone whip something up. "That one I liked, rather, in the egg," They admitted to their nearby friends. "Curious and interested in cake...though maybe only because I can't see an egg knowing what cake was." They instantly rejected the amused thought at how eggs went into cake...those were totally different eggs.

Still, they heard the blue's comment. Who was leaving? Not them! Though if the golds sent them away, as they seemed apt, of course they would go. They were still right there for now though, watching the blue as he relaxed and observed the candidates. It'd been their favorite egg, after all. Why look at the rest when it'd finally picked the time to appear!  

ShinosBee

Nerd

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:08 pm

But she had not needed to see the healers. Oh no. His dear rider-to-be had chosen to leave because, for whatever mistaken reason, she believed that she would not Impress. Perhaps watching the Hatching was painful for her.

Whatever the reason, Friends on the Other Side was not interested in excuses. There was something far more important than a few shiny hides here, and that thing was him.

My dear Faranie, did you really think that any Gold could ever match your Samedith? the blue inquired, not bothering to get up to chase after her. Why should he? She was already well on her way, almost certainly all but out of the Hatching grounds by now - if not gone entirely.

And he was only one dragonet, after all... his legs shorter than her own. He could only go so far or so fast. So he sat and waited, hoping that she might agree that this was the better path. A path together where they both could shine brighter than any Queen!

User Image

dawns_aura

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games