Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
A step in Gay Rights Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gay Marriage
  Yea
  Nay
View Results

Lineriku

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:28 pm
Metalic_Noodles
bluegrass cat

omg, this comment is full of fail and ignorance.

some "even get to vote"?!?!? wtf kind of statement is that???

and they "get a free ride"?? yes, curse all those lucky mentally disabled people! if only my iq were 100 points lower, i, too, could have a free ride!

rolleyes

jesus christ, idk how to even properly respond to this. the distaste and aggravation...swear to god if i had high blood pressure, THIS would've been the comment that killed me.

confused

Legally, anyone, even retarded or down syndrome-affected people over 18 are legally allowed to vote. It's just that some residential providers are lazy, greedy a** holes and simply don't allow it but not offering the client the staff or transportation to go vote. If it's important to the person, soon after the problem gets fixed, even if it means switching residential providers or calling the state on their a**.

Iconised Ghost

I cant believe you said that. A free ride? Choose if they work or not? Often people wont employ disabled people. And when they do, the hassle it is to get services and help that they need in the work place is enormous. They dont CHOOSE not to work, people like you make it impossible for them by expected nothing of them. Get something with minimal effort? IT TOOK MORE THAN SIX MONTHS JUST TO GET A ******** TEXT BOOK AT UNI FOR A BLIND PERSON. Servants? I have no idea what you are talking about. A hell of a lot of disabled people just struggle along by themselves, usually because there is no suitable help available.

Dont have to worry about bills?? If they cant work of course they have to. Unless you think they can survive on the benefit they get from the government. Dont make me laugh, they could maybe live on that, but definately not comfortably. And they deserve more, if only because of the various operations and home help they may need

The free ride idea is ridiculous. You know the disabled parking spaces? THEY PAY FOR THEM. From what i have seen from four years working with them, everything they get they have to fight for.

I am so angry i can barely type. Honestly, if you said that to me in real life, i really would have slapped you so hard

Actually more and more employers are opening up to disabled people. Walmart is a big one. There are also factories and workshops that employ them, some facilities cater to their needs, offering staff of their own and work with the person's team.
Actually, I know a guy that only does cash jobs, so it looks like he's not working, but he still does. He chooses to work without the state lowering it's funds, pretty slick trick, and a choice he made.

Blind? Oh, my bad. I was referring mostly to retardation, autism and down syndrome in my post. In this post too. I do know what I'm talking about, at least to an extent. There are some pieces I don't quite get, and words and terms I should know but don't.

Um... In the USA the federal and state governments pay for everything, but encourage them to work if they can so that the state can decrease funding to the person. Working barely increases their spending allowance, which is one of the few things that sucks. Hence, the state pays the bills, the salaries of the staff, the behavial consultants, the case managers, the guardians(if state appointed), the residential providers get paid, and in turn pay the bills for the indivisuals, and many other people.

I'm not refering to disability checks, I'm talking about medicare (or medicaid, forget which is disabilities and which is old people). It pays the residential provider, who supplies the staff, who care for, transport and do whatever.

way to have your own back, metalic..............i admire that...........(this thread is filled with a lot of switches in topic and apparently has misjudgments as well................)  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:52 pm
Metalic_Noodles

Well, people with disabilities often get a free ride. They choose if they work or not. Don't have to worry about bills, get servants, a nicer house than their servants, and if they don't like something with minimal effort they can get it changed.

Some are even allowed to vote. (They all should be able to, but some of their 'servants' are buttholes.)

~Metalic_Noodles

Oh wow.... stare  

angel_half82
Crew

churrlo

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:02 pm
I don't even know what to say anymore gonk  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:13 pm
then dont say anything......this is better than daytime drama..............  

Lineriku

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:05 pm
Metalic_Noodles
bluegrass cat

omg, this comment is full of fail and ignorance.

some "even get to vote"?!?!? wtf kind of statement is that???

and they "get a free ride"?? yes, curse all those lucky mentally disabled people! if only my iq were 100 points lower, i, too, could have a free ride!

rolleyes

jesus christ, idk how to even properly respond to this. the distaste and aggravation...swear to god if i had high blood pressure, THIS would've been the comment that killed me.

confused

Legally, anyone, even retarded or down syndrome-affected people over 18 are legally allowed to vote. It's just that some residential providers are lazy, greedy a** holes and simply don't allow it but not offering the client the staff or transportation to go vote. If it's important to the person, soon after the problem gets fixed, even if it means switching residential providers or calling the state on their a**.

Iconised Ghost

I cant believe you said that. A free ride? Choose if they work or not? Often people wont employ disabled people. And when they do, the hassle it is to get services and help that they need in the work place is enormous. They dont CHOOSE not to work, people like you make it impossible for them by expected nothing of them. Get something with minimal effort? IT TOOK MORE THAN SIX MONTHS JUST TO GET A ******** TEXT BOOK AT UNI FOR A BLIND PERSON. Servants? I have no idea what you are talking about. A hell of a lot of disabled people just struggle along by themselves, usually because there is no suitable help available.

Dont have to worry about bills?? If they cant work of course they have to. Unless you think they can survive on the benefit they get from the government. Dont make me laugh, they could maybe live on that, but definately not comfortably. And they deserve more, if only because of the various operations and home help they may need

The free ride idea is ridiculous. You know the disabled parking spaces? THEY PAY FOR THEM. From what i have seen from four years working with them, everything they get they have to fight for.

I am so angry i can barely type. Honestly, if you said that to me in real life, i really would have slapped you so hard

Actually more and more employers are opening up to disabled people. Walmart is a big one. There are also factories and workshops that employ them, some facilities cater to their needs, offering staff of their own and work with the person's team.
Actually, I know a guy that only does cash jobs, so it looks like he's not working, but he still does. He chooses to work without the state lowering it's funds, pretty slick trick, and a choice he made.

Blind? Oh, my bad. I was referring mostly to retardation, autism and down syndrome in my post. In this post too. I do know what I'm talking about, at least to an extent. There are some pieces I don't quite get, and words and terms I should know but don't.

Um... In the USA the federal and state governments pay for everything, but encourage them to work if they can so that the state can decrease funding to the person. Working barely increases their spending allowance, which is one of the few things that sucks. Hence, the state pays the bills, the salaries of the staff, the behavial consultants, the case managers, the guardians(if state appointed), the residential providers get paid, and in turn pay the bills for the indivisuals, and many other people.

I'm not refering to disability checks, I'm talking about medicare (or medicaid, forget which is disabilities and which is old people). It pays the residential provider, who supplies the staff, who care for, transport and do whatever.

By saying, "anyone, EVEN retard or down syndrome-affected people" you express surprise over the fact that they are allowed to vote. Which is wrong, any citizen should have the right to vote regardless of IQ, and it shouldnt be surprising that they do

More and more employers are opening up to disabled people? They shouldnt have to "open up", it should be a given that the person can be just as good an employee as anyone else. And while more are, many more arent. Especially if you dont want to work in a shop or supermarket on minimum wage for the rest of your life (no offense to people who do). It is incredibly difficult for an intelligent, well trained disabled person to get a professional job. Stigma is huge.

Even if your govt pays for a lot of things for disabled people, there is still potential for incredible psychological distress, stigma, frustration and discrimination, not to mention potential physical pain. no matter what you say, i cant see how you can back up a claim like "people with disabilities often get a free ride"

Im still disgusted with what you said.

If i decide to have babies, i'll let you know bluegrass cat mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:34 am
Two things:

1) I'm not picking a fight here, but I am horrified that people in your area say "That's so jewish", churrlo. gonk I hope you tell people to not say that.

2) I, too am disgusted by Metallic's statement about people with disabilities. Primarily because I am a person with a disability. You may argue that my hearing loss is nothing compared to somebody with Down's Syndrome or Autism, and I know that. I choose to argue that it is a disability because I have rights given to me by the state and the Disability Act of the United States has a clause that applies to me. As a result of being labeled legally in this way, I feel that I am able to really empathize with people who are in worse situations than I am. I want to help kids with worse hearing losses than me learn to take care of themselves in school so they can do well. I want to learn sign language. But that's just my domain. I support people of all disabilities and believe we all should have rights. Someday I'll reach out and start something for somebody else, and when that day comes, I hope I make somebody happy.  

MonsieurSponge

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:28 pm
EggaxSponge
Two things:

1) I'm not picking a fight here, but I am horrified that people in your area say "That's so jewish", churrlo. gonk I hope you tell people to not say that.

2) I, too am disgusted by Metallic's statement about people with disabilities. Primarily because I am a person with a disability. You may argue that my hearing loss is nothing compared to somebody with Down's Syndrome or Autism, and I know that. I choose to argue that it is a disability because I have rights given to me by the state and the Disability Act of the United States has a clause that applies to me. As a result of being labeled legally in this way, I feel that I am able to really empathize with people who are in worse situations than I am. I want to help kids with worse hearing losses than me learn to take care of themselves in school so they can do well. I want to learn sign language. But that's just my domain. I support people of all disabilities and believe we all should have rights. Someday I'll reach out and start something for somebody else, and when that day comes, I hope I make somebody happy.

You could be on PBS in the little bubble signing what the announcer says. They make a s**t ton of money. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:09 pm

The 'team', the many different people with different fields of expertise, most of which are required to have at least a masters if not a ph d (exception being the staff, but they work under the residential providers) are paid to keep the person happy, make sure they get a job they like, or are allowed to finish high school. Those people are paid to make everything run smoothly and make sure the person gets what they want, to the extent they can. (Sometimes the legal guardian is a d**k, or the residential provider is not providing even close to enough staff. You can switch the residential provider with time, but the guardian is there to stay, incompetent or not.)

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

churrlo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:26 pm
EggaxSponge
Two things:

They don't say that anymore xd Now just say "That's gay." Somehow jew = gay?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:34 pm
churrlo
EggaxSponge
Two things:

So, according to that logic, i am a really huge lesbian?  

MonsieurSponge

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:38 pm
EggaxSponge
churrlo
EggaxSponge
Two things:

Well your married to TSN aren't you? xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:02 pm
Dr Entropy
EggaxSponge
churrlo
EggaxSponge
Two things:

Well your married to TSN aren't you? xd

gonk It was actually her idea. And don't laugh, because I could supply a URL  

MonsieurSponge

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:14 pm
Excuses, excuses. You agreed to the marriage. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:50 pm
EggaxSponge
churrlo
EggaxSponge
Two things:

a XBOX HUEG flamer. Way to go. xd  

angel_half82
Crew

churrlo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:15 pm
EggaxSponge
churrlo
EggaxSponge
Two things:

Yeah D: LESBO D:< Join the club =D  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces