Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply RP/Game
Secret of the Medallions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:44 pm
As he lay there, he heard footsteps, but had neither the strength nor the will to see who they belonged to. The voice had strayed to the farthest edges of his mind, lingering barely as a memory, but lingering nonetheless.

Suddenly, Connell was leaning over him, releasing his bindings. Releasing him. Freedom... Free to... He pushed the ropes from his shoulders and sat up slowly. He saw his liberator standing next to his cot, which was now made of cloth as his old room had been obliterated, and he saw with surprise that Tori stood in the doorway behind him.

"Tori..." he said in his daze. "Tori get..." He couldn't seem to find the words. The voice was distracting him again. Coaxing, soft, bearable.
He was unaware when Karloseth suddenly appeared behind Connell, constricting him.

"You have to tie... s**t..." he crouched down, holding his temples. "Get out... GET OUT NOW!!" He roared with passion and urgency. "GET KAR... RUN!!!"

He threw his head back with a snap, a bit of blood trailing down his nose unnoticed. He felt his vision cloud again as he jumped forward, slamming Connell and Karloseth against the wall, then recoiling as touching him seemed to burn... seemed to... drain him. His eyes searched for earth. For rock. For his source of power. Finding none he ran from the room, only vaguely aware that he was doing so.

He stopped in the courtyard outside, having burst through the door of the compound like a raging animal, and jumped high in the air. Then, coming down again, he slammed his fists into the earth, creating a small tidal wave of rock that surged away from the building towards the training grounds. Then he punched the ground, grabbing a handful of dirt in his palm, and wrenched it upward, pulling with it a massive strip of ground that curled around him like a great whip. He glared around him, his eyes glazed over, unseeing yet searching for prey...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:01 pm
Karloseth was caught by surprise by the attack, and was slammed into the wall behind him. He was then crushed by Connell. He growled "Grr... what am I, a sandwich!?" He pushed Connell forward and dashed after Tokk.  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:09 pm
Rain's words echoed in her mind: War.... Merely the sound of the word itself sounded so foreign in such a 'peaceful' world.

What followed seemed to happen too fast for Lilith to completely comprehend. She was only able to stand aside and silently watch as Connell, apparently under the command of whoever was currently attacking them, came in to let Tokk loose, who then proceeded to run outside. "Crap," she muttered before following. She had no idea what she was going to do. She didn't want to hurt Tokk, but she couldn't just sit idly by as he went on a rampage, attacking more and more of their fellow Medallion Wielders.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:01 pm
Marcellus's eyes snapped up from the book that he had been reading since yesterday. Something was wrong. Since he had requested a room apart from the others, he had no idea of what was going on in the rest of the compound.
What the devil are they doing out there? It's a bit too loud for normal training exercises...
Marking his place, Marcellus put down the book and wandered out.
---------------------------
What greeted him at the main building was something he had not expected.
Why are they fighting each other? I thought these odd people were supposed to be comrades, if not friends...
Gripping his medallion lightly, Marcellus sent out a tendril of thought into the nearest person's mind. It happened to be Lillith. Digging through the morning's events in as gentle a manner as he could, so as not to alert her unnecessarily, Marcellus updated himself on the situation. It seemed as if the attacker, "Tokk," had lost his mind after helping to intercept an intruder. One thing seems to have led to another, and for reasons unknown to Lillith, he started to attack.
Withdrawing his probe, Marcellus then decided to focus his efforts on this "Tokk" person.
Slipping into Tokk's mind was relatively simple, and Marcellus was immediately aware of why: someone else was already here. Tokk's mental defenses were a complete mess, and his consciousness was practically shut down. He was being used as a puppet. The one responsible was there, a throbbing vein of thought so full of malevolence that it was completely repulsive to Marcellus's very being.
Hey. You there, drifting in and out of reality. Wake up and take your body back. I can help, but you have to be the one who recovers control. Or do you WANT to keep maiming your friends?  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:08 pm
Karloseth followed Tokk outside, and almost ran into Lilith. He dodged her, grunted in acknowledgement of her presence, and confronted Tokk. "Dude, get a grip on yourself." "What am I doing? I don't even thing Tokk can hear me anymore, it's all whoever is controlling him now," He thought. Looking away, Karloseth saw Marcellus standing off to the side, observing what was going on. "Nice to know he's still living I guess, but now is not really the time to be paying attention to small details like that" He muttered. Addressing whoever had usurped control of Tokk's mind, he said "Who are you? What do you desire of us?"  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:22 pm
Marcellus noted Karloseth's entry into the fray.
Ah, good. He should help distract the Other from guarding completely in here. Dodging attacks usually eats up a lot of focus. Hurry up, now, get your incorporeal posterior in gear and give this puppeteer the bum's rush.
Imagine his surprise when, instead of decking the brain-puppet, Karloseth starts trying to talk to the puppeteer!
What is he... why is... Gah! This won't draw him away from in here at all!
Giving Tokk's consciousness a mental kick, Marcellus started to hurry the recapture of the body and prepare his own defenses.  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:55 pm
"That's it... now unleash it. Release that energy. -Kill- them now." The voice continued to sooth. His friends were gathering around him. "Heh... fools. They know not your power. Show them. KILL them." Tokk prepared to swing his earthen whip at Karloseth. A bead of sweat slid slowly down between his eyes, mixing with the dirt and bit of blood already clinging to his gaunt, twisted expression. Tokk narrowed his eyes and lurched forward, swinging his flat palm through the air like a sword. The whip uncoiled and flew at Karloseth.

Then, beneath the tangled, mangled mess of his subconscious, something stirred. The whip dropped to fine sand on the ground, and Tokk froze, concentrating full force on the newcomer in his mind. "You... GET OUT!" the voice went from sweet to vile and harsh once more, assaulting the interloper. "Who are you, freak? Get out of my head, now!" now his own mind was fighting back too, though he could not tell why. Perhaps the reason was that the voice seemed so right... he felt purposeful, like he belonged. In the ethereal confines of his brain, Tokk stood beside the dark, shapeless form of the voice, poised to attack this invasive new presence.

He focused, if you could call it focusing, his thoughts on his attack once more, while the presence of the voice seemed to address the invader. Tokk launched a series of punches and kicks, sending wave after wave of rock-based projectiles at the figures surrounding him. "Kill them... kill them... kill them..." The medallion around his neck flopped wildly as he somersaulted, slamming his fists and knees into the ground, creating a huge shockwave ripple of earth outward. He knelt there for a moment as the attacks went their course. The double presence was taking its effect on his mind. He swayed, his vision clouding even more until a dumb, expressionless face replaced the twisted, angry one.

No thought... no sound... so sight... "What are you doing..? Kill them!!" the voice screamed, pleaded even. He couldn't move...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:12 am
Ow ow ow ow...
The psychic backlash was stronger than Marcellus had anticipated. Whoever was pulling those strings was much better at it than he was. The feedback alone was starting to give him a nosebleed.
Okay, if that's how you want to play it, then fine! Let's see exactly how much weight that puppet of yours can hold!
Altering Tokk's perception of his own weight and whatever he was carrying, Marcellus hoped to drag him down into physical exhaustion before those wild attacks came in his direction. And it seemed to be working. Tokk slowed, swayed, failed to stand and then sank back to his knees.
Alright, whoever you are, I am evicting you. But not before I get some answers.
Steeling his consciousness as much as possible, Marcellus forced a probe of thought into the malevolent vein. Distracted as it was, its walls began to crumble. However, with as little warning as its arrival, it vanished, leaving Marcellus alone in Tokk's mind.
Damn. It got away. And you. Are your mental disciplines so weak that you'd so easily allow a foreign consciousness to simply take over your body? You should be ashamed. Because of your weak will, you have endangered your comrades. Now, take back your body and make sure it does not leave your control ever again.
Severing the link, Marcellus looked around what was left of the area and sighed. Scratching his head, he turned and started to walk back to his area.  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:43 am
Lilith couldn't help but give a slight twitch as Marcellus probed into her mind. His presence was so slight, equating to less than a person's fingers lightly grazing her skin, but it was a strange feeling nonetheless. She glanced back at Marcellus, wondering just how strong his telepathy was and if he could help Tokk fight his puppet-master.

As Tokk began wildly attacking them, Lilith lithely dodged the projectiles, ducking and weaving between the rocks. When a wave of earth emanated outward from him, Lilith was able to manipulate a flare strong enough to blast apart the earth coming straight at her. She groaned before falling to one kneed. Far too much energy... Looking up, she saw as Tokk fell to the ground and then looked back to see Marcellus walking away. "Good," she said softly as she pushed herself back up and wondered whether or not she should follow him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:02 am
((Another big post. I think this is possibly my biggest RP post ever guys. Sorry about making you read it all, but... read it anyway xd ))

"Gorramit Tokk, Chill the hell out!" Karloseth yelled as the earth whip dissolved. Tokk seemed to be having an internal struggle, and Karloseth tried took advantage of that time to attack. He was about to attack when the invader regained control, and Karloseth then had to take on the defense against Tokk's attacks. He used some blasts from his gauntlets to knock the incoming projectiles away and ended up getting knocked onto his a** by the shockwave.

Karloseth stood up and growled, then lunged at Tokk. He noticed that Tokk was immobile again. "Alright, lets try MY way this time," He said as he formed an energy bubble around Tokk. It was an arduous task, and it took about five minutes. Once he was done, he was feeling lightheaded. "Ah man, I keep forgetting that these are exausting. Can't keep using them forever." I... uh, need to sit down before... I fall do--" Karloseth didn't get a chance to finish, cause he fell down anyway. "But... they aren't... THAT exausting... what the hell...?" He said as he passed out...

Karloseth was sitting in a room by himself. He looked around, and the room was big and bare. He stood up and looked around. It was made entirely out of concrete. "Hrm, it's a sparring arena? that's what it looks like, the markings on the floor are similar to that or the arena in the training grounds."

User Image

"That's exactly what it is." said a voice behind him.

Karloseth whirled around and saw the man standing behind him. "Who are you"

"That is something you are not yet allowed to know."

"Are you the one who is behind all the strange goings on at the compound? Tokk and Connell's 'possesion,' and... Joan..." Karloseth muttered the last part.

"Yes, but not 'I.' more appropriately, it is 'we'"

Karloseth could feel his blood boiling. "What? And what do you want?"

"We only want what is ours. You humans are an arrogant race, thinking you own the earth. We were there first. However, we were driven from the land, into a different realm. It exists on the same level your world does, but it is skewed. It is like the opposite side of a coin. You occupy one side, we live on the other."

"If you look at it like that, then why do you need the other world too? We don't need your world, we have plenty of room here. Why invade and cause trouble?"

"Because," said the one standing in front of Karloseth, "You humans infected our world. Have you ever noticed how no one in your world ever gets sick? All of your viruses and such were sent to our world. The council saw it as chemical warfare, and now we are attacking back.

"So that's why they trained us, in case something like THIS happened. We were nothing but pawns. It even cost Joan her life. SHE DIED AS PART OF A COVER-UP!!!!!" Karloseth was furious, and he let it show. He started throwing energy BOULDERS at the man, but they seemed to be deflected every time they came close.

"Haha, pathetic. Truly pathetic. If you were stupid enough to be deceived, then so be it. That is none of our concern." The man sighed "I grow tired of speaking. Go back to where you belong and alert everyone the truth. Not that it will save you all, but... everyone deserves to know that they have the intellect of a gnat"

Karloseth's view got really blurry, then got dark...

Karloseth awoke laying in his own bed. "How the hell did I get here...?"  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:21 am
Marcellus felt a wave of... something wash over the courtyard. It lasted less than a moment, but it was there and centered around Karloseth.
"The hell was that?"
Quickly turning around, Marcellus walked up to Karloseth. He was completely unconscious.
How bothersome. I suppose I'll have to enlist some of the onlookers to help carry them both back to their rooms.
Motioning Lillith and the pale one towards Tokk, Marcellus started to haul Karloseth inside.
Once Karloseth awakened man, Marcellus repeated himself.
"The hell was that?"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:48 am
Rain watched from a distance at the fight and shook hid head "strange" hr flew of and went back to his room. there was a note stuck to the door post by a dagger. "hmm, that's usually not good" he picked out the note and stashed the dagger. "I guess its usable. no point in throwing a free weapon away." he opened the note and eyes were drawn all over it and it said one thing. "Why did you do it?"

he was confused. What did he do? that could have meant anything.....but there was something he thought of that might have been it. under his helmet is expression became dark.  

Red Glacier

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:13 am
After that blast from before from Tokk, which knocked him against Karloseth, Connell remained unconscious for the rest of the time. In his mind he still muttered Tod, Tod, Tod. His body was still cold and shivering. The white orbs that surrounded him still continued to surround him for an hour or so before dissipating back.

Morning came and he knew he wanted to stay asleep; he'd rather not know what happened. He'd rather not get up. He'd rather assume that it was a dream. He opened his eyes once more in Tokk's room, with Tokk incapacitated. Wincing, he clenched his head with one hand and rubbed his body with another. He was quite cold, still.

With much exertion he let out a scream and ran out of the complex, making his wings appear again and jumping into the sky. He needed to get away from it all; he couldn't control this. But he was tired, exhausted. While he flew, if anyone was observing, one can see what looked like feathers slowly falling from his wings.

"...Get... get out of my head..." He cried, clenching his medallions.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:41 pm

Tokk, slowly returning to his own state of recovering consciousness, winced at the mental scorn from the mysterious interloper. He had been so mindless... so weak... all those hours of meditation, and he had let his guard down so easily. Never again... never. He lay on his cot in a new room, one void of all earth or rock, drifting slowly in and out of his misery. He had tried to kill them. Him. Their friend. Tried to... He wrenched his eyes open, trying to move and finding, once again, that he couldn't. This time, however, he was bound with cable, not with rope. Cable that was locked securely in place and the key...

He ceased his upward struggle and relaxed. Then he closed his eyes, searching for the presence that had driven out his puppeteer...

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:51 pm
Tori had dragged Tokk to a new room, where he couldn't tap into the power of his element. Tori had then turned the rope into cable and offered to watch over him. Not that I was much help last time... she thought as she sat down contemplatively. She was far enough away that Tokk couldn't see her very well (she'd bound his head as well) but close enough to talk to him easily. She watched him, glad for the chance to relax and regain a bit of strength from using her power.

When he awoke, she stirred from the little reverie she'd been in. She considered leaving him be, but she needed to make sure it was him. "Tokk?" she asked him. "That you?"  
RP/Game

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff