Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
'True anime fans' would support the industry! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you going to watch the Greg Ayres and/or the Nabeshin panel's?
  Yes.
View Results

roses are forever

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:05 pm
Bump :]  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:59 am
heart  

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:34 pm
heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:49 am
Cookie bump~
(:

Tranlovescookies

6,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Inari No Jutsu

7,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:07 pm
You make some good arguments,

But I'd much rather sub my own anime from raw feeds with some old buddies of mine and put them up on a hosting site.

And to be honest, the industries really do shirk the translations. I know how hard it is to translate, but some how they manage to pull off extra conversations that are put in and take out some things that would help the story make a bit more sense. Not to mention they have to shove them out fast to meet deadlines, and that helps with trans. errors.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:14 am
As I've stated on the first page, any changes made to an anime is done with the blessing of its creators. Many ideas for what characters say come straight from the creators own heads. I know this, because I've seen the interview with Nabeshin, and he said so.

I can't believe you actually had the balls to come in here and tell me that. You're breaking the law, AND helping destroy the industry stare Thanks to people like you, many animes have been canceled, taken off the air, and many creators ideas for new animes aren't being picked up! These things are ALSO confirmed in the interviews between Nabeshin and Greg Ayers.

If you think you're so great at translating Japanese, why don't you work for one of the companies AS a translator, and actually get PAID for what you do??? I don't know what it takes to get the job, but I highly doubt it would be hard for you.  

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

Inari No Jutsu

7,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:08 pm
lol, No Need to become so infuriated with someone who slightly contradicts your beliefs with they're own.

I just happen to disaggree with some of the things you have to say.

Such as what i'm doing is illegal? Well, as for that I have to say I disagree; if i add anything of my own creation to footage, it becomes a unique piece that is perfectly legally owned by the creators, unless the company wants to fight for it, Which they won't because they don't care about small fries such as me.

Plus I sub anime from companies that won't license certain anime in the U.S. and anime that's just coming out in japan that won't be licensed and subbed for years or possibly even never licensed.

the companies have their own faults and make poor decisions, which is half of the mess that they're going down-hill rapidly, one mistake can cost millions of dollars which if repeatedly shows in a trend of 5 years or more, can prove deadly for big companies.

Here's one way the companies screw up: most people prefer subbed anime waaaayyyyy more than dubbed and most of the time dubbed is the only thing coming from the companies. sure, maybe they have some subbed somewhere but chances are it's gonna be harder to find then dub. So what do people do? they go and get sub off the net.

The point I'm trying to help you see on my side is:

The problem I find lies within the faults of the companies, and the people that don't buy the anime and the awesome memorabilia to help make up for the fan subs people put on the internet.

If you go out and buy the anime and possibly some memorabilia after watching it (Which I always do) then they wouldn't be hurting so bad.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:19 pm
lmfao. You are SO delusional. What you are doing IS illegal. People who make AMV's have been arrested in the past. And they're just clips from an anime, with music in the background. BFD, right? Well. The music and anime industry take the matter of theft serious.

Another thing; you want American television to place programs on their networks in a completely different language? That is STUPID. Majority rules. And the majority of people watching television do NOT want to read an episode of Naruto!! You want to watch television in Japanese, move to Japan rolleyes

Furthermore. Every single anime released in America IS subbed by the industry! You simply have to buy the DVD, and tada! Subbed anime.

Lastly. Infuriated? buddy. You have yet to see me infuriated. You just wait.  

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

queennanami

7,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:55 pm
Imo, you both make good arguments but Im going to have to side with Yennon. What you are doing IS illegal. Not to mention the crap your spewing about subs being hard to find is retarded... Every company Ive seen that sells the Dubbed version sell the subbed version so your crazy. There are websites that sell the subs that pay the industries too, people can buy from there.

Also people that read the subs are usually those anime freaks that claim reading the anime instead of watching the dubbed version means your a true anime fan BS! You know what i like about the dubs? I dont have to read it. I dont have to sit there and go back if i cant read something or it flashed on the screen to fast for me to read.

Everyone makes mistakes... you cant hold it against people when they do. Plus ripping them off isnt the best way to "get back" at them. Seriously if thats what you think thats just crazy. You know the exact moment people think they can get away with anything and they are untouchable. "No one will be looking for me Im not even a blip on the radar." Is right when you get caught. Fines are huge for things like what you are doing. People actually go to jail :/ Your are really nothing more then a common thief, I just have to say.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:13 pm
Thanks Nanami ^.~  

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:41 pm
bump  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:43 am
bump  

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

Fieldartman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:09 am
YennonCrow
actually, I've yet to hear of a site that has legitamitely free manga... >.< if you find any, let me know and I'll list them heart

www.onemanga.com, Thats where I go for all my manga needs  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:14 am
When it comes too anime, I watch bleach and naruto. And you know what all the reason on the first page is true, and all the reason I do it for, you gave. Were coming into an age where I think television in general, anime or not is going away. Soon your not going too need cable. Cause everything you can download online. I'm currently in Iraq right now and I missing 80% of the shows I would watch at home. So I download them. Of cource it is slow, but its the future and if you want too see something now adays and you missed it caus it was on TV at a time you weren't there, you have options and therebeing used all over. Thats my opinion though. I think cable is loosing money in general. And internet is going too take over it all.  

Fieldartman

☆ Word Games

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces