Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
The Owlery Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Digital Static

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:02 pm
User Image

Amory Goodwin

User Image

Second Year ~~~~ Slytherin House ~~~~~ Twelve Years Old

User Image

We fear rejection..
Prize attention..
Crave affection..
Dream, dream, dream of perfection..

As Amory walked up the steps to the Owlery she was starting to think that she should have picked a warmer place to meet up. Her cheeks and nose were already pink from the cold air nipping at them. When she got closer to the top she could see Edajin up ahead, already waiting for her. "Hey" She said once she had reached him. She suddenly felt a little awkward standing up there alone, just the two of them, but she hadn't really wanted to talk about this in the common room. There were too many ears. She was already worried about what Edajin would think of what she had to say, which was odd as well. Usually she didn't care as much what other people thought, but for some reason she did when it came to him. Perhaps that's why she suddenly found herself having trouble saying what she wanted to now.

"So, um..I think I should have come up with some place warmer" She remarked with a small smile as she reiterated what she said by rubbing her cheeks with gloved hands. "Actually, I don't think I came up here even once last year" She added, knowing that that was probably true. She didn't have a reason or need to send mail to her sister and her uncle had requested she refrain from sending letters until he had come back to England. Normally silence between them didn't bother her, but it nagged at her now, why?

Salt and Swear
I am up to no good
Get out now, if I
were you I would

User Image

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:22 pm
User Image
Edajin Tarot

Slytherin/Third Year/Single/Half-blood/Wearing

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Edajin's brow raised slightly as he saw he come up. He, too, had been wondering why she to pick a place as chilly and far off as the Owlery, but he wasn't going to say anything. As she started making chit-chat, however, his expression grew impatient and his eyes started pinning her. "So what did you want to talk to me about?" Direct and to the point. He was always like that. Small talk was certainly not one of his strong suits, and to be frank, it made him uncomfortable.

With: Amory

Brianna_Locke

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

Digital Static

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:20 pm
User Image

Amory Goodwin

User Image

Second Year ~~~~ Slytherin House ~~~~~ Twelve Years Old

User Image

We fear rejection..
Prize attention..
Crave affection..
Dream, dream, dream of perfection..

By his expression, Amory could tell Edajin was growing impatient. At first she had a mind to tell him what for in response for his impatience, but then again, what exactly she would have said to him she wasn't sure. Besides, he was right, she had a question to ask and that was the whole reason they were in the cold right now and...did she step in owl poo? Ick. She shook her head a little. "Well, my uncle has come to live with us again and he had suggested that I invite some of my classmates to visit over the winter holidays. I know it's kind of early, but I was wondering..if you'd like to come over sometime during the holidays?" She felt her question sounded stupid, but she supposed this was the reason she asked him out here, both to avoid the embarrassment of any better way to ask and the embarrassment if he were to say no. Well, now it was out there. She waited for the response.

Salt and Swear
I am up to no good
Get out now, if I
were you I would

User Image

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:37 pm
User Image
It may sound absurd but don't be naïve
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed but won’t you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
And it's not easy to be me

User Image

Jacob ascended the stairs to the Owlery, intent on borrowing Jinx. The owl was technically Rick's, but he needed to send something his father's way, and he didn't have one of his own. The note in his hand he'd written out earlier, and he just needed to tie it on and send him on his way. He didn't use his brother's owl that often, seeing as he usually just kept in touch with his dad through the daily post. This time, he kinda had a bit of a worry on his mind. Mostly, it involved his brother, and the peculiarities that had been occurring surrounding the older sibling for four years now. He was determined to get to the bottom of it, even if he had to circumvent Rick to do so. Maybe he was breaking his brother's trust, but he had seen the older boy fall apart one too many times to not be worried about it. When he got there, he whistled for the owl, grinning as he watched Jinx alight upon one of the stands and hold out his leg. The bird was smart, he never doubted that. Hopefully he'd understand the urgency here.

"Hey Jinx. Yeah, I know, don't usually see me up here. Take this to dad though, okay? Peck him until he responds if you have to. Just make sure he does. Also, when you do get back, I'll make sure to keep out several rashers of bacon at breakfast for you, okay?" He watched as the bird hooted, and then took flight. He crossed his arms, concerned as he watched Jinx disappear into the sky. Step one complete. Step two, confront Rick about this whole thing and get him to say something, anything, other than, 'You don't want to know.'

----------------------------------
State: Concerned
OOC: ...

I'm only a man in a silly red sheet
Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
Only a man in a funny red sheet
Looking for special things inside of me

Socks

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:41 pm
User Image
User Image

Heart beats fast. Colors and promises. How to be brave? How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?
But watching you stand alone, all of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow. One step closer...

Iris wandered towards the Owlery, sketchbook and charcoals in hand. Something about the dark pastels gave her comfort, and her sketches always looked pretty when they were done, so she had been using them more then her pencils as of recently. The fresh, clean charcoals were shrinking and becoming little nubs, even. She would have to get some more, the girl reminded herself. Today, she wanted to get a few sketches of the owl's under her belt. Their feathers were quite detailed, and probably would look better in a pencil drawing, but she would try her hand at a charcoal sketch. It would be something to show her Art professor, if anything.

Iris silently crept through the door, pulling the edges of her hat down farther onto her head. It was a good way to go unnoticed, she figured. Hidden under a hat, shielding her face, Iris wanted to go unnoticed. And yet, all she wanted more than anything was a friend. It was complicated... Suddenly, she heard a voice. It was a voice she hadn't heard in a long time, and it brought back many memories. The girl glanced towards the sound. It was Jacob. He was watching the sky, an owl flying away from him. What should she do? Should she run? Or should she talk to him? Again, it was complicated. Taking a leap of faith, the redhead slowly approached the Gryffindor, clutching her sketchbook and charcoal pack to her chest nervously. "H-H-Hi J-Jacob..." She wasn't fond of her voice. Ever since she had her braces put on, she had spoken with a sort of lisp and stumbled over even the simplest of words. She couldn't even say her own name properly. How horrible was that?

I have died everyday waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:18 pm
User Image
It may sound absurd but don't be naïve
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed but won’t you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
And it's not easy to be me

User Image

Jacob blinked as he heard a voice behind him, and he turned around. Well, if nothing else, he would know that red hair anywhere. After all, they'd been friends since their first year. Other than the Quidditch pitch, he rarely saw Night outside of lessons, and Autumn didn't take the same electives he did. He grinned at her, not letting any of his worry show on his face. She didn't need to know his family was being it's usual crazy, well, usual anymore, and that he was trying to find out about it. Instead, he leaned up against the perch Jinx had just vacated, and just wondered how long had it been since they really talked. It was before the coma, he knew that much. "Hi Iris, what are you doing up here? Sending a letter off or something?"

Somehow he doubted that, considering he recalled her aunt was at the school, and her parents weren't around anymore. Something he could halfway empathize with. He had a not-quite uncle with Professor Steele, and his mum had passed when he'd been in dreamland. The only relatives that were still around he would actually talk to were his father and his brother, and even then, it was hard to do. Briefly he wondered if maybe that was a good thing or not, but mentally disagreed with himself. "I just sent my brother's owl off with something. I'm hoping I get a reply, or maybe my dad gets a good pecking before he responds. Either way, I think he'll come back before he's gone for more than a day." Now, if only he could get his brother to talk that easily. Ugh, this was such a mess.

State: Concerned
OOC: ...

I'm only a man in a silly red sheet
Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
Only a man in a funny red sheet
Looking for special things inside of me

Socks

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:38 pm
User Image

User Image

❀ Single ❀ Half Blood ❀ Fourth Year ❀

Leave the virtue of pity, but we live with the shame.
                                              So scared to dream in a world with no sunlight.
                                              When you wake up, you know it’s darker than last night.
                                              Born to walk away, been walking my whole life.

Olyvia hopped up the last few steps into the owlery. Wrapped around her neck was her cat Scarlet and in her hand was a letter she wasn't sure she was going to send. Her fingers clutched tightly around the letter, turning pale with the strength of her grip. She stared silently up at the owls all around her and almost immediately her sister's owl flutter down to perch on her shoulder, sending Scarlet hissing and spitting as she hopped to the ground.

Olyvia rolled her eyes reached her free hand up to stroke Marcus' neck feathers. She sighed and leaned against the ledge leading out to the open sky. She stared at the sky for awhile. Scarlet jumped up on the ledge and mewed at her quietly. Lyv offered the cat a gentle smile and sighed, toying with the letter in fingers. Should she send it? She didn't know. She wished she had someone she could ask for advice, but she could think of no one who would know what to do.

Where’d you go? Where’s your home?
                                              How’d you end up all alone?
                                              Can you hear me now?
                                              There’s no light, there’s no sound. Hear me now.

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:00 pm
Written in graffiti on a bridge in a park
"Do you ever get the feeling that you're missing the mark?"
It's so cold, it's so cold
Written up in marker on a factory sign
"I struggle with the feeling that my life isn't mine"
See the arrow that they shot, trying to tear us apart
Take the fire from my belly and the beat from my heart

User Image
Uriel Adair Scott
- Muggleborn - Fourth Year - Hufflepuff -
[feeling: calm] [thinking: oh, there's Lyv] [with: Lyv] [at: Owlery]

Uriel climbed the stairs to the owlery, intending to send off letters to his family. Jess and Toby always forgot to mail anything, so he had to make rounds and collect their mail from them. He took a moment to realize the girl standing in the owlery looking out at the sky was Lyv. "Hi Lyv," he said quietly, noticing the letter in her her hand. It was none of his business who she was sending that off to, but as he tried to coax an owl down to take the letters he had, he continuously glanced at her curiously. "Debating whether to send that?" he asked half jokingly, not knowing if he was right on target with his assumption or not.

I'll go making my mark, armed with a spray can soul.

XxXDevil-Chan

Still I won't let go
Oh you use your heart as a weapon
And it hurts like heaven
On every street, every car, every surface, a name
Tonight the streets are ours
And we’re writing and saying
"Don't let them take control"
No, we won't let them take control

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:17 pm
User Image

User Image

Olyvia jumped as Uriel suddenly spoke her name. She glanced at him, and shrugged, toying with the letter some more. Part of her wanted to rip it to pieces and let everything float off down the river. Finally she nodded her head at his question.

"It's to my dad...." She finally whispered. She set the letter down on the ledge and turned to face Uriel, watching him struggle to get an owl down to him with a small snort. Behind her, Scarlet had found the letter and was now chewing on the edge curiously. Lyv shrugged again, not noticing her cat. "I don't know if I should send it." She said simply. He was her dad... but he was also.... so insane. Michelle would kill her if she found out about her even writing the letter... but he was her dad!

Can you hear me now?

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:31 pm

User Image
Uriel Adair Scott

Uriel looked down at his trainers awkwardly, not really having expected her to give him a serious answer. So she really didn't know if she wanted to send it. He tried halfheartedly cooing to the owl he was trying to get to fly down, but it ignored him. "Well... what's it say?" he asked wonderingly. Was she fighting with her dad or something? He got along pretty good with his own da, but he knew he was closer with his mum. Yep, he was a mama's boy. He unashamedly wanted to be just like her when he grew up. Except... probably not have six kids. Not that part. "Do you and your dad get along?" he asked for clarification, not really bothering with sensitivity right now. If she wanted to avoid the question she could.

XxXDevil-Chan

Still I won't let go
And it hurts like heaven

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:55 pm
User Image

User Image

Olyvia blinked at his questions, and glanced back down at the letter, quickly shooing Scarlet away from it. She chewed on her lip, before jumping up to sit on the ledge and swing her legs quietly. She was short enough that her feet were not even near the ground. His questions were difficult to answer. No one knew about her family and everything that had gone down. "I don't get alone with him..... actually that is an understatement... but he's still my dad." She shrugged and wrapped her arms around herself, staring down at her knees. Marcus hopped from her shoulder to sit on the ledge and hoot quietly.

"It says I love him... and I hate him... and... It says..." She cut herself off and shook her head. She had written the letter with every thought and feeling she'd ever felt for her father. It was convoluted and complicated. Uriel would never understand it all. How could he? He hadn't been around her family for 14 years watching everything fall apart. "He killed my mum... and my step-mum. He tried to kidnap my baby sister and he beat me and Michelle within an inch of our lives over and over and over again and now he's off hiding somewhere and I don't know where. I hate him more than anything, but he's my dad and I can't really truly hate him. Is something wrong with me Uriel?" She looked up at him sniffling and trying her hardest not to cry.

She shouldn't want to talk to him. She shouldn't want anything to do with that man. He had never done a single thing for her. He hadn't raised her, he hadn't ever even been a father to her. She groaned and kicked her feet into the stone roughly.
                                              "I shouldn't want to talk to him should I? I shouldn't have anything to say to him should I? "

Can you hear me now?

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:29 pm

User Image
Uriel Adair Scott

Uriel watched her jump up onto the ledge and considering joining her, but was worried about not being as nimble and looking like an idiot. The owl finally flew down for him and he gave it a reproachful look as he gave it the letters, and watched it fly off past Lyv and out into the sky. Her first answer seemed pretty typical. Plenty of teenagers couldn't stand their parents, and though Uriel didn't think he really gave his parents a hard time, he didn't always agree with them on everything either. They let Jess and Toby get away with tons of crap, and if you asked him, Vi and Thea should be school with other kids their age, rather than homeschooled, potential risk of revealing their magic be damned.

But what Lyv revealed next... well, that wasn't typical. Not typical at all. His life hadn't all been sunshine and roses. You know what? Sometimes being the oldest of six kids really sucked, and having parents who were always busy saving lives at work sucked, and not having a bunch of friends and always being the big brother stick in the mud sucked. He was always going to have to be the serious, responsible one. That would never change. But at least his father hadn't killed his mother. Hell, his father had probably never said an unkind word to his mother. His mother was very much alive and well. No one had ever raised a hand to him or his siblings. No one had ever tried to kidnap anyone. They were all alive, and for the most part happy.

He stared at his house mate for a second, then decided he didn't care about looking like a hapless idiot and climbed up on the ledge next to her silently. He listened to her groan and watched her kick her feet. "If I were you.. I'd have a lot to say to him." he began in a low tone. "I'd have a freaking lot to say to him. I would probably have more to say to him than I could ever write or put into words. He doesn't get... he doesn't get to not have you say anything to him." He looked the girl in the eyes. "I bet... I'd bet anything that he's scared. Of what you would say to him, if you got the chance. I know everyone thinks your sister is scary and could probably kill people just by looking at them or whatever. And I guess she is. But you know what? Your dad is probably more scared of you than he is of her, deep down. Because, Lyv, look, you love people a lot. I can tell. And you still love him. And he must know that. So... if I were him? I'd be more frightened of what the daughter who loves me has to say."

Just thinking about her father was pissing him off now, and he exhaled quickly. He could get mad about that later. He almost shuddered a little. "My dad... well, both my parents, my biological parents, they didn't want me." he stated in a matter of fact tone. "They were really just kids when they had me, and they decided before I was even born that they were gonna give me up to someone else. To my parents now. And I guess I'm grateful, right? They had no clue how to raise a child properly, so it's better I was with people who actually wanted a baby. And I guess I love them. Because they loved me enough to give me to two people they knew would love me and take care of me. They loved me enough to give me up. But sometimes I hate them. How... how do you look at your baby son, and then just pass him off to someone else? How do you sign your freaking kid away? Sometimes I don't care that I'm better off for it, and I just want to know what they look like. Do I look like my dad or my mum? Who do I act like? What were my grandparents like? I just want... to hear their voices sometimes, or something." he sighed. "But that's okay. Because you're allowed to love and hate people, Lyv. Your dad did horrible, horrible things and if I ever meet him I'll punch him in the face for you, I promise. But he's still your dad." Oh, he really hoped she didn't start crying in earnest. He was bad with tears. Good with advice. Bad with crying girls.

XxXDevil-Chan

Still I won't let go
And it hurts like heaven

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:15 pm
User Image

User Image

Olyvia was quiet for some time. At first she was listening to what Uriel had to say, but even after he was done, she stayed quiet, kicking her feet against the stone ledge and thinking about it all. Finally she looked up at him, tilting her head and shrugging, a small smile flickering on her lips briefly. "Please don't punch him...you'll probably get yourself killed.... and anyways.... I don't think he'll be alive much longer after this year....." Olyvia wasn't stupid. She knew what Michelle's plans were for after school. The small Hufflepuff hadn't decided if she supported it or not. Honestly she probably would rather watch the man rot in prison because then her father would at least still be alive and she and Mel wouldn't be orphans. Because even with horrible parents she still would hate to be an orphan more. Michelle would always have her actual dad to go home to.... but if Michelle killed Vincent... then Olyvia had no more blood family besides her baby sister... which meant more than she was willing to admit.

She loved the Blythe's. She loved Michelle. She loved a lot of people, but no family was a big thing in her mind.
                                              "I'm sorry your parents left you with your new parents." She finally said, before lifting up the letter and ripping it into a bunch of pieces which she then let float out the window on the wind. "You're right tho. I do have a lot to say to him. But not in a letter. Not tonight." She bit back her tears and shrugged. "If he's as scared as you say he is, then he doesn't get to face that fear through a letter. I'm gonna make him face that for real. Because I do love him, but he's hurt me to god damn much." She threw up her hands in annoyance and then slumped back into silence. She never swore. Never. The words felt foreign in her mouth.

"The letter... I wanted him to know how much he betrayed me. I wanted him to know that he killed my mother and he is as good as dead to me so in all honesty he left me with no family. I wanted him to know that.... I don't know that he had never been a father and never would be. I wanted him to know Melody would never know his name." She shrugged and nudged Uriel with her elbow and offering him a small smile, even though her eyes were still a bit watery.

"Thank you Uriel."

Can you hear me now?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:00 pm

User Image
Uriel Adair Scott

Uriel huffed. "Hey, have a little faith in me. I could probably deal out some pain..." he trailed off as the implication hit him. Oh. Michelle was probably going to kill him, wasn't she? He said nothing. He wasn't getting involved in some murder plot, even if it was the murder of an abusive, insane asshat. Then it was his turn to shrug. "Don't be. They did the right thing, I suppose." The blonde boy watched her tear up the letter and silently cheered her on. His blue eyes then widened a little, as he'd never heard Lyv curse before. But it seemed like this situation sort of called for it. Uriel avoided staring at her watery eyes and nodded awkwardly. He nudged her back hesitantly. "No.. no problem."

XxXDevil-Chan

Still I won't let go
And it hurts like heaven

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker