Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms
Platform 9¾ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 183 184 185 186 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:55 pm

Thomas Hawthorne
Hogwarts Graduate: Ravenclaw

User Image
Action is the real measure of intelligence..
for words can be lies.

Thomas reached his hand over to Katrina to shake hers. "Nice to meet you, Katrina. I'm Thomas," he told her, shaking her hand. "Do you want us to wait for your parents with you?" he asked, unaware that he was about to be surprised with some news about her staying with his family over winter break.

wearing

((I'll let you post now : 3))

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:01 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Katrina Varren

First Year Hufflepuff
╚══════════════╝

Where am I? Platform 9 3/4
What am I doing? Meeting Ariana's dad.
What am I thinking? Oh boy...

Katrina smiled at the man she was introduced to and gave him a polite bow. "Hello sir, it's nice to meet you. I'm Katrina Va... Katrina. My parents? Oh?" She looked around the platform. "They're not coming," she said meekly, looking down at the ground.

Out of Character ...

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:12 pm

Ariana Hawthorne
First Year: Hufflepuff

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Before her father could say anything, Ariana spoke. "I was hoping Katrina could stay with us for the break?" she asked with big eyes. Please say yes, she thought. Ariana really wanted Katrina to come over, and since she was already off the train, was there really a choice? Well, she could get sent back, but that couldn't happen, right?

wearing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:15 pm

Thomas Hawthorne
Hogwarts Graduate: Ravenclaw

User Image
Action is the real measure of intelligence..
for words can be lies.

Thomas scratched the back of his head. Would Melinda be okay with it? he wondered, thinking about whether or not his wife would understand. A moment passed before Thomas made up his mind. "Sure, Katrina, you can spend the break with us," he said, giving the girls a warm smile. "Now, come on, let's go home," he said, taking one of Ariana's bags and one of Katrina's.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:30 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Katrina Varren

First Year Hufflepuff
╚══════════════╝

What am I doing? Meeting Ariana's dad.
What am I thinking? Oh, thank God.

She smiled widely and released a held breath, visibly calmer. "Thank you, Sir. I really didn't want to go back to my house." She turned to Ariana and smiled even wider. "This is going to be an awesome break!"

Out of Character ...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:38 pm

Ariana Hawthorne
First Year: Hufflepuff

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

When Ariana's dad let Katrina stay with them, a smile spread across Ariana's face. Yay! Katrina can stay with me! she thought, happily walking with them. "Thank you!" she yelled at him loudly before looking over at her friend. "It sure will," she said, quieting down a bit. This break really was going to be fantastic. It's filled with her best friend, her family, Christmas and New Years, and the Dementors Ate My Baby concert.

wearing

((Next post at the Hawthornes))

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:55 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Katrina Varren

First Year Hufflepuff
╚══════════════╝

What am I doing? Off to Ariana's House!
What am I thinking? Yay!

Ariana picked up her duffel bag and smiled, skipping along with Ariana. "This is going to be so awesome!"

Out of Character {Exit to Hawthorne Residence}

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:32 pm
User Image

Rosemarie was the first to appear on the platform of her family, The Ravenclaw third year smiled widely and pushed towards the Hogwarts express as her father appeared behind her. She smiled at him as her brothers appeared on the platform. "C'mon let's see the train!" Sean said with a smile. He and Keith rushed off towards the Hogwarts express. "Those two are so impatient." Rosemarie said with a giggle. Alicia stepped through the barrier and immediately followed after the boys.

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:22 pm
User Image
яεgrετяσι ηστнιηg ғεαяяσι ησ σηε ταkε prιdε ιηяσι εvεяyτнιηg
User Image
Colton racked his brain desperately for the words he would use to explain his condition to Jayden. He had managed to slip away from Ronyo—claiming the need to meet his sister. Of course he did plan on meeting up with Tristain, but he hoped he would manage to find her friend before he found her.

Per Roi's request, he was to enlist Jayden as his right hand man. For what exactly, he wasn't sure, but he supposed for some part of his evil scheme to turn the school over in his palm. He was instructed to tell the boy as little as possible, but he did assure him that Jayden was allowed—required, even—to know about Colton's possession.

Last year, when he had attempted to tell Jayden that he wanted him to protect his younger sister, since he obviously was no longer in such a position, he had thought he was simply trying to mock him. Today, his chance was renewed, however, and Colton would now have the freedom to explain to the young Gryffindor why she needed guarding, which would undoubtedly urge him to comply.

Colton didn't necessarily plan on actually having the boy do the dirty work that the demon asked of him. Instead, he planned to please Roi by telling Jayden he was possessed and might need a favor or two. Unfortunately, being possessed meant that Roi was always watching—almost always. He had spent yesterday afternoon pretending to idly doodle on a piece of parchment, until he could feel that Roi's attention had drifted elsewhere. During the small time gap, he had scribbled eight simple words down before folding the note up and tucking it inside of his robes. Hopefully, no matter what Jayden gathered from their charade of a conversation, he would finally understand the reasoning behind Colt's harsh behavior after reading the note.

His palms sweaty from the anticipation of finally getting to tell someone about his burden, he turned about on his heels next to his trolley, eyes desperately searching for the boy his sister called her bestfriend.

User Image
нσω dσ yσu ғιgнτ α ωαя ғяσм вστн sιdεsωнεn σηℓy σηε cαη ωιη?
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:02 pm
User Image

Richard Drage
First Year - Unsorted
—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Rick felt an immediate sense of relief as soon as he had crossed the barrier. Too bad that was tempered by his father. As soon as Garret had made sure he had crossed safely, he had looked at his son, nodded briefly, and then strode back through the barrier. That much he expected from his father. At least he acknowledged him. Rick just stood there beside the barrier, gazing at the train quietly. This would be his first time on a train, he thought. He didn't feel any fear from it, just a sense of loneliness. He knew no one here, and while he had seen a couple of first years in Diagon Alley, he hadn't spoken to them. Firming up his resolve, he strode over to the train and waited to board.

----------------------------------
State: Not Lonely
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Kai Sparrowheart

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:20 pm
Lorelai Brookwater
Unsorted First Year, Wearing Muggle Clothes, Feeling excited. http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=23097513

Lore had been dropped off by her father. good God, her father had been drunk. It was a miracle she wasn't dead on the road. She saw the platforms nine and ten, but where was 9 and 3/4? Oh. She had almost forgotten that she was supposed to run through the brick. It'd been a while since her eldest brother had been to this place. She looked around, seeing so many people she thought she would be crushed. She tightened her hands on that cart. Adjusted her black cat in the crook of her elbows, and ran through the wall. When she came out the other hand, she was almost stopped dead. This place was beautiful. Dirty, but beautiful. She spotted other kids, one red headed boy, two pretty brunette girls. One huge boy she reckoned was older. She held her new cat close, and waited.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:29 pm
Drae Blackstone. And Marvin Blackstone
1st year. And Alumni
Unsorted. And Former Ravenclaw
Excited. And Proud.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=23124732
Drae and his father, Marvin, stared at the brick wall. 9. Draoran felt a little sick. His father pushed him toward the barrier. And Drae ran. He gasped when he came out the other end, half fear, half awe. So many people! Artemis sat on his shoulder gracefully looking around, spotting other owls. His Mother was waiting for father to apparate back to the Leaky Cauldron, she couldn't come, because she had to watch my fathers things, but she had told him she loved him and that she would write. And now Marvin Blackstone had his arm around his son, and for a minute, there was an odd sight where the owl just stared at Marvin. And then she bit him. He swore but grinned. Drae hadn't noticed yet. He was looking out in the crowd.  

Kai Sparrowheart

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:10 pm
User Image
Chase Henrick
Hogwarts Student
~ Ravenclaw ::: Second Year ~

User Image

Chase was now at the other side of the entrance. It still felt weird for him to be able to pass through walls. How was he able to pass through thousands of protons and neutrons? Impossible! But it was magic, and he was starting to get tired of having to over-think everything.

He sighed and set the fox down on his luggage. His arm was getting sore of pushing the cart. It was really heavy, after all. Why was he forced to pack so many things? He had no clue. Mothers always drive themselves crazy with worry, Chase concluded.

When he noticed that not many people were at the train station, he wondered if he was early. Well, it couldn't hurt him to arrive early. At least he had time. He went over to what seemed like an abandoned wall, leaned on it, and started to read the new textbooks he had bought over the summer.

User Image

"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being.
His heart withers if it does not answer another heart.
His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."
- Pearl S. Buck

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:52 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Katrina Varren

Second Year Hufflepuff
╚══════════════╝

What am I doing? Dragging my trunk.
What am I thinking? Why does it still hurt?

Kat emerged by herself into the Wizarding Platform Nine and Three Quarters, dragging her heavy trunk on the cart. Circling her right eye was a deep purple bruise that looked quite painful. She struggled until one of the attendants helped her and loaded her stuff onto the train. She slumped down against the wall and glanced around the platform. Though tired as she was, when she spotted Chase, she jumped up and trotted over to him. "Hey Chase," she said, excited.

Out of Character ...

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:09 pm
Chase Henrick User Image
Hogwarts Student
~ Ravenclaw ::: Second Year ~

User Image

He wasn't even two pages in when he heard Kat calling him. He turned around and greeted her, "H- Kat!" he gasped, paling as he noticed her eye. He quickly mentally slapped himself for pointing it out, since he was sure no one would appreciate it. "I mean; Hi Kat," he quickly corrected himself.

He wanted to know what happened to her, and whether it was an accident or not. But there was no way a black eye like that would be an accident, he feared. Though what does he know? He could be wrong. Yeah, he could be totally wrong. Chase didn't inquire anything about the eye, though his constant glances at the wound may have made it obvious that he really wanted to know what happened.

Chase had no idea what to say, so he asked the usual question, "How was your summer?" It was redundant, idiotic at worst. So he just tried to smile and wait to see what happens next.

User Image

"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being.
His heart withers if it does not answer another heart.
His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."
- Pearl S. Buck

User Image

King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 183 184 185 186 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games