Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
..::[The Sad Cafe]::..|Accepting&&Open| Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

This cafe doesn't actually exist.
  I know. haha.
  WHAT!? I've been liiiiied tooooo.....
View Results

Paradoxial Mouse

Fashionable Genius

7,650 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:44 pm
Only say what you are positive about.

Ashriel flushed, staring at Roanan as she listened to the music and sang. She took a deep breath as she saw him smile and his eyes open. What was he thinking? She tensed almost instantly, blushing when he said she'd sung for the entire cafe. "Wh-wh-what? I-I-I d-d-d-did?" She stammered out, her stomach churning. "I th-th-think I-I'm g-gonna b-b-be s-s-sick." She moved to try and stand up to try and go toward the bathroom.

Otherwise, you open the door for regret.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:51 pm
__________________________________________________________________________________________User Image
Ⓛⓤⓒⓨ

Lucy finished her water and smiled at the enthusiasm Ashriel was receiving. The shy girl could do with some ego backup.

Lucy started wishing she could bring her something she hadn't already, to celebrate, but as she'd already brought the sample plate over and refreshed the girl's drink so ...she couldn't think of anything. Instead she walked over and added her congratulations as well.

"Good job!" she enthused, "It's like you've been singing all your life!" she added with a smile. Thogh only up close did she notice the girl's pallor.

"Oh do you need the bathroom? Here come with me." she said and quickly cupped the girl's elbow to lead her on the way.

in the sky…

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

Drunken_Ninja08

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:41 pm
Roanan smile was as big as ever. "Yes, and it was beautiful! You have an amazing voice, really!" He heard a few comments from behind him in conformation from some of the other patrons. "Really, you're worrying too much. Relax a little. Don't you feel a bit better now that it is done and over wit-?" He was cut off as the waitress cut in, pulling Ashriel from his grasp. He blinked, realizing that he was, yet again, alone. He dropped his hands to his lap and sighed. "Well, fine, let's see if this helps." He picked up the guitar again and adjusted the tuning. He began to play, a slow paced song sounding from his guitar. Those who knew the song recognized it as Name by the Goo Goo Dolls. And then, Roanan's voice sounded, singing to the beginning out loud to those in the cafe. "And even though the moment passed me by. I still can't turn away." His eyes closed and he played smoothly, his body relaxing as he played and sang. "'Cause all the dreams you never thought you'd lose, got tossed along the way."[ It seemed to be hard for Roanan to keep up with the lyrics and play, as he made more mistakes while he played. Yet, he kept going, regardless.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:30 pm

Ashriel nodded as Lucy came up to her. She walked along with Lucy to the bathroom, reaching the stall quickly. She vomited, her stomach churning at the idea that everyone had heard her sing. What if they really didn't like it? What if they were lying? She'd heard what Roanan said, but she wasn't sure if he was right. After a short while, she walked over to Roanan, relaxing slightly as she heard him. "S-s-s-sorry a-a-about that. It is j-j-just sc-sc-scary to know that p-p-people h-h-heard me..." She said softly, looking at him.

Paradoxial Mouse

Fashionable Genius

7,650 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Feeder 50

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:04 pm
__________________________________________________________________________________________User Image
Ⓛⓤⓒⓨ

"Ah but you did great! Really!" Lucy said coming back from having fetched a glass of water.

"Here drink this it'll help soothe your throat." she said handing Ashriel the glass and patting the girl gently on the back.

"I don't know how he remembers all these songs, " she continued nodding to Roanan in reference." I can barely the words to the songs on the radio, let alone song and band names."

in the sky…

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:53 pm
"And I won't tell no one your name..." Roanan finished the song, finishing the chord progression and finger picking. He put his guitar aside after he was done and coughed, clearing his throat. It ached from singing, which he didn't often do. Taking a sip of the drink behind him, he turned his head to Ashriel and gave her a small smile. Reaching out, he found her hand and said, quietly, "Ah, but would you rather be heard or would you rather be ignored, forgotten?" He released her hand, clearing his throat again, his voice raspy. "It takes courage to put yourself out and do something that brings the focus of attention to you. But, at least then you're not lost in the masses." He smiled at the thought, taking another sip of his lemonade.

He looked over to the waitress and grinned. "When you don't have to worry about remembering what you saw, your memory of songs are restricted to just the sound and the name. Thus, it makes an easy connection between playing from memory and remembering different songs." He coughed and sipped away, a semi-content look across his face.

Drunken_Ninja08

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:06 pm
Ⓛⓤⓒⓨ

Lucy smiled and inclined her head. "You do have a solid point there." she acquiesced.

"Would you like to try a cheesecake bite? To see if it can clear your throat? I already brought some over..." she petered off, "Or maybe some tea with honey would be a better idea." she amended and waited for his reply. Some people didn't like tea. She herself didn't. Unless it was a very small amount of Jasmine, which hardly tasted like tea at all.

in the sky…

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:00 am

Ashriel took the glass she was handed easily, drinking it quickly. She looked at Roanan when he found her hand, her mind not sure what to think. She took a deep breath as he spoke, not sure of what she thought of what he said. When the waitress began offering him things to soothe his throat, she noticed the time and her eyes widened. "Shoot! I - I've g-got to be g-g-going. I'm supposed to already be home, and I have to find a bus that will go by my house. See you again? I hope." She said before quickly grabbing her satchel and the travel cup of fruit tea that Misery had given her. "Thank you!" She called as she rushed out of the door.

Paradoxial Mouse

Fashionable Genius

7,650 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Feeder 50

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:55 am
Ⓛⓤⓒⓨ

"Oh, well, bye! Come again!" Lucy called after the girl, waving a hand out the window as the girl dashed by.

She thought Ashriel was sweet, if nervous. She picked up he girl's water glass and Iced tea cup and shipped them to the counter. She came back with a clean rag that she'd sprayed down with cleaner and got to wiping the table.

in the sky…

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:49 pm
T a l e s O f M i s e r y
.Misery, you cannot have it without having Happiness.

She shrugged, "It may have been a little drastic. Or it may have been a little bit of laziness. But don't lie, you thought I'd never call, and you're glad I did." Misery smiled brightly at Bryce and slide his refill across the counter towards him.

.Just as you cannot Hate without Love.

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100

BaritoneGoddess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:37 pm
{Oh my, I have been gone long. What has happened to Roanan, Ashriel and Lucy? I feel so sorry, I think I may have forgot to tell everyone that I was leaving on vacation, but I am back now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:40 pm
(Ashriel had to leave, but she and Roanan did a guitar/singing combo beforehand - she threw up after. Not much else.)  

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

BaritoneGoddess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:45 pm
"♪♫Whəⁿ I Rΰιə тħə W¤гιd, I'll plant flowers."

Ezra shook his head up and down to Roanan. Though he didn't say anything to them. He pulled out his drumsticks from his bag and started a soft beat that went with the song as Ashriel started to sing. He closed his eyes and the next thing he knew Ashriel had stopped singing and ran to the restroom. "Poor thing." He thought. He looked over at Lucy before she ran over with Ashriel and whispered," thank you."Ezra looked back over at Roanan." She has such a voice, but it is too bad that she is so shy." He lightly put his sticks down and took a sip of his coffee. Ezra stood up and walked over to Lucy once she came back." I feel sorry for her. Does she have to leave?" He asked as Ashriel started to leave, he figured that was a yes. He looked down at his hands then pushed up his glasses." I know this may not be the right time to ask, but would it be okay if I brought my drum set in to play with Roanan and Ashriel, if she ever comes back. I won't play too loud and will be polite." Ezra grabbed another rag and started to help Lucy." Please?" He gave a big cheesy smile and almost slipped as he helped.

"When I rule the world, I'll have SNAKES!"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:21 pm
Ⓛⓤⓒⓨ

Lucy smiled and collected Ezra's cloth as she finished wiping up the table.
"Oh I don't mind, and I'm sure Misery won't at all, but you may want to ask Roanan, he just barley convinced Ashriel to sing the first time around. Then again I guess the first time is the hardest." she shrugged a shoulder and pushed the napkin holder back into place before heading over to the counter to dump her used rags into the dirty laundry basket beneath the counter. She stuffed the wicker top back on the basket and flicked at a speck on the red and whit checkered linen that lined it and covered the outer edges.

in the sky…

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

Drunken_Ninja08

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:59 pm
Roanan, meanwhile, was quite convinced that this could work. He was in quite the high spirits, a big 'ole grin plastered on his face as he returned to playing. Naturally, this couldn't last long. He felt a familiar vibration in his pocket. Pausing his playing, he pulled out his cell and said, "Hello?" Immediately, a voice could be heard yelling in Roanan's ear. Wincing a bit, Roanan pulled the phone away from his ear. "Yes...Okay. I under...yes. I'll work on it. 43 New Reddick Street. Okay, thank you." As the conversation drew on, the positive air that filled Roanan just moments before slowly blew out of him, leaving him leaning over his guitar, looking sullen and very tired. Finally, the call seems to be drawing to a close. "Alright, bye. I love-*click*-you..." Roanan sat in silence for a bit, his closed cell still in his hand.

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff