Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Knockturn Alley
The Spiny Serpent [Closed ~ Not Hiring] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:00 pm
ŞĦÅWN §ჳწჳ
Born into a Slytherin Family
User ImageShawn came back, looking around and seeing no one. He breifly noted the dust on the floor was now settled diffrntly, a face he may ot have noticed before mettin that Lady. She had awoken something in him...something deep and..slytherin, going at odds with his griffindor morals.
He realiesed that he had nothing better to do so he sat down and waited, looking at his now blood staned shirt and sighing. He knew that staine was not going to come out, and this had been his good clothes to. His others were nothing more this discolored rags with wholes.
Lived my life as a normal Griffendor.
[/align

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:10 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Aldanis Varren

Ex-prisoner of Azkaban
╚══════════════╝

Aldanis apparated into the backroom with a loud snap and fell into the wall. Morvin, who was unconsciously side-along apparated flopped down on the floor. Aldanis struggled to stand, his right arm flopping uselessly at his side. Portions of his right side had bad electrical burns and he was bleeding from several wounds. Morvin, for the better looking of the two, was pale and had a pretty bad head wound. Finally, achieving a standing position, he sent an Alarm to Remington. It carried a simple message: "Remy, it's Al. Wounded, in the storeroom."

▂▃▅Out Of Character:▅▃▂

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:52 pm
That's why I slipped out the back before you knew I was there
And I know the way I left wasn't fair

I didn't want to be around just to bring you down

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

”Ha.” Remington hadn’t resisted the urge to heckle as his fingers swiped across the haze of smoke to snag himself a cigar, snipped the filter off and pressed it to his lips. In the heightened ambiance of the room, Remington stood a king among fools. His every detail held the rich and haughty expression that his features wore with a simple smile, the English Bullmastiff insignia traced along every passing feature. ”You start…

“By proving you’re worth. I was to meet with a man from the ministry in a few days, but I want you to go in my stead—"

That was when he heard the familiar lull of the deep voice resonating from up the tight spiral staircase, and his eyes darkened with the abrupt pause, and, casting a dismal stare upon Hunter one that had no answer, nor any question. With his unlit cigar in tow, he ushered for Hunter to follow him up the staircase, and into the store room that now contained three men, ages jumping considerably between each. He waved the Sever boy away, and motioned for Hunter to roam, leave, or stay, it hadn’t mattered to Remy as he ushered Aldanis and his son into the back room of the store, and closed the door behind him. With the flick of his now brandished wand, scattered rolls of parchment and tomes had fallen over the edge of a work bench, insinuating that Morvin be placed down to rest.

”Aldanis, what happened?” Remington breathed the words he needn’t ask as his wand made haste, twirling in the air, and focusing upon which wounds needed immediate attention. It wasn’t as though he already knew what he happened, but, he knew that if it mattered enough, he would be told. ”Sit.” Remington instructed, noticing the blood pooling on his floor from around Aldanis’ feet.

╔══════════════╗
Desires: Answers
╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:57 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Aldanis Varren

Ex-prisoner of Azkaban
╚══════════════╝

"That... that witch, Tamara." He sat as told to, staggering as he did so. An unnatural storm raged outside. "Me and Morvin ambushed her. I... I figured two versus one would beat her." He sighed heavily and relaxed a little as some of his wounds healed. "She knocked Morvin out with the first spell. I almost had her. She was trapped and wounded. Then she summoned a storm." He gestured to the powerful thunderstorm outside the window. A bolt of lightning struck the ground as it to emphasize his point.

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:54 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
LOCATION: The Spiny Serpent MOOD: Cocky OBJECTIVE: Learn my mission

User Image

Hunter's smile was plentiful when Remington began his sentence with "you start," but it reached its peak when the man proposed that he prove himself first - and with a feat important enough that his cigar-laden superior had actually planned to do it himself before Hunter's arrival. He was thankful he wasn't simply handed a letter and asked to deliver it - he didn't have any desire to be his owl, and besides, it appeared that he already had one.

A look of confusion crossed Hunter's face when the man cut himself off in the middle of his sentence, but soon enough he could sense a sort of urgency in the air. When he was ushered back up the stairs, he immediately did as told without so much as a question touching his lips. He knew by now that jumping into others' business was not the best move in the game - so he kept silent and distanced himself from the fervor in the room as Remington suggested he do.

Soon it was just him and the man who had appeared to be competing with him upon his initial arrival. As he lingered along the skirts of the shop, again pretending to have interest in the shelves of cursed objects which he was all too familiar with, Hunter flashed the man a healthy smile, recognizing that the game was on, and that he was already signed up to compete.

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:02 am

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

”I saw her not long ago, actually.” Remington mused with the cold static that frequented his voice whenever an oddity presented itself. "Quite the little lion when backed into a corner."

Those glimmering eyes of putrid gold paused to cast a second-long glance upon Aldanis before returning his gaze and attention to Morvin, whom, truly wasn’t as burdened by wounds as his father was. But Remington had learnt one thing, if any, from his elder brother. The children come first. ”I thought you knew better than to underestimate your opponents, after all,

“If I remember correctly, I was sure Alfons and I would have damned your arse to hell and back a few years ago, but, there’s nothing like overestimating the faults of your acquaintances, is there?”
Remington didn’t wait for a reply as, finally, the endless twirls of his wand brought forth vials and beakers and bottles of potions.

”Episkey,” Remington murmured, genuinely guiding the tip of his wand over the detrimental head wound on Morvin, that, bled much worse than it truly was wounded. A single pivoting stride gryated him towards Aldanis. ”This might hurt,” Remington warned as he grasped an aubergine coated bottle from the air, wrenched the cork off with his teeth and dabbled on the burning contents upon each open wound, searing it shut with a hissing tale.

”Times like these make me wish I would have opened up an underground hospital ward.” He recounted as he finished, admiring his makeshift work (he’s a cursebreaker, not a healer, for bleedin’s sake.) All at once, his hand, his wand, gestured for the healing paraphernalia to float back to their appropriate location, and, reached for the cigar that had been tucked behind his ear for the past fifteen minutes of their encounter.

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:28 pm
ŞĦÅWNJudus §ჳწჳ
User ImageShawn watched the camotion take place and did nothing. He was not one to interfere with things. He stayed in the front room with the new male. When the cheeky Hunter send him a grin, he knew that the other male thought this a game. Shawn's eyes narrowed, a very Sltherin look in them. To him this was not a game, it was his life or death. Right then and there Shawn gave Hunter a look that clearly stated 'I will take you down with me if I go'. Shawn was almost out of things to lose, it made him a fruitfully competitive person and a very hard working employ. It had also awoken his long bured Slytherin self. In truth Shawn should Never have gone to Griffendor, it had all been a crush when he was 11 that had put him in that house.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:14 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Aldanis Varren

Ex-prisoner of Azkaban
╚══════════════╝

Aldanis muttered under his breath when Remy said he shouldn't underestimate his opponents. He had thought that the two of them could easily take her. "She's powerful. And tricky. Gonna have to try to eliminate her stealthily." He gritted his teeth when Remington said it would hurt and maintained his grimace despite the new pains. Once the healing was done, he felt his strength returning. Morvin was stable and was starting to regain some color. Standing up a little shaky still, Aldanis said, "Any word for the Lord as to what we should be doing?"

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:09 pm

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

”That’s one way,” Remington’s icy breath trickled with careful emphasis, for all that’s worth, for all the misdeeds and crimes he’s committed, for all of the damnations and evil seeds he had sown, he had never been one to kick a man when they’re down.

”Perhaps I might remind you, Aldanis.” Remington continued on leisurely, as though it mattered less to him than the dirt that had been matted under his fingernails. ”That the enemy of an enemy, is always a friend….

“Besides, you’ll need someone else to take the fall, won’t you?”
Vague he was, never detailing methods, nor pointing fingers. Such was the way of the snake, gliding over bones and baring his fangs with a lurch of poison whenever provoked. Those sharp golden eyes snapped away from the cabinet of vials he was searching to befall upon Aldanis, a casual glance sent to the still unconscious heir to the Varren line before uttering another shake of his wand, this time without a word, but it concealed their silence within and away from prying ears.

”Not yet, like he’s still bidding his time, which is all the same. Can’t have too many suspicions rivaling against him, actually, I’ve been meaning to spread the chaos…

“Y’know, scatter the ashes, lead the ministry dogs off any scent they might’ve caught. Until then, I can only assume that the numbers of followers are rising…

“Tell me Aldanis, what are you looking forward to most with the promise of our new world?”
While he spoke, those golden eyes betwixt with green fumbled through vials, until he finally found a calming draught and placed it beside the resting boy, who would be sure to use it come awakening. He moved farther, this time, grasping a quill and dabbled it within a case of ink and hastily scribbling down a message for Hunter, whom, he was sure, was still lurking among the shadows. Once the message had been finished, another mindless wave of his wand had sent the folded note under the cracked crevice of the doorway until gently, leisurely, floated into the hands of Hunter Garren with such articular precision, it was a wonder a man so vile could cause such divine intervention. And, once the message had been read, the letter burst, snuffed to flaming ashes, assuring the suspicion, that, Remington indeed had cast such a task.

Quote:

Tottenham Court Road, Sunday evening, precisely six o’ clock, and don’t be late.
A man will be waiting, expecting myself, but you will go in my stead.
Follow his lure, take his bait, and assure what must, until you harbor the truths
He; a man of the ministry with swift and sure purpose….

And remember,
The man most out of place- is always the man most obsequious.

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:00 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
LOCATION: The Spiny Serpent MOOD: Excited OBJECTIVE: Prove myself

User Image

Chuckling quietly to himself as if highly amused with the other man's displeased expression, Hunter paced along the edge of the shop, glancing happily out of the front windows. Assessing the occasional passerby and trying to determine the names of the shops across the street, he was perfectly content with waiting as long as necessary to continue his conversation with Remington. It seemed this would be a deciding moment in his life, and he didn't care to spoil it with impatience.

Just as he had taken to memorizing the items sold on the shelves of the shop - just to pass the time - Hunter was interrupted by a magicked piece of parchment that seemed eager to be held in his hands. Without hesitation, he took the note in his hands, noticing that it was folded perfectly as not to allow a single edge out of line with another. He opened it as a satisfied grin swept across his visage and allowed his unquestioning eyes to swiftly scan its contents.

When he fully understood his mission, his head fell into a slow, accepting nod. He made to fold the parchment back into its small, neat square, but was unable to do so before the note burst into flames, leaving nothing but a smoldering pile of ashes on the wooden floorboards, until even they too were fully engulfed by the magic.

Wiping his hands together - to show he was ready for business, rather than to omit the ashes, Hunter gifted the spare man in the room with a short smirk before pushing open the heavy door that led to the streets of Knockturn Alley. Tottenham Court Road... He repeated in his head as the evening wind tousled his neat - yet messy - brown hair. Hunter would be there, he would take the bait, and he would acquire the necessary truths. As a result and without doubt, he would prove his worthiness to Remington Jagger Nott.

User Image

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:44 am

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

Remington thrust one leg over the saddle in one sweeping motion as he jumped down from the horse in the stables tucked below his loft and behind his shop. Only one alleyway was accessible around to the stable, but he already had his charms and defenses raised since Krina’s spitfire round of play. He tied the horse, tending to him after such a tedious ride to the latest portkey on his latest adventure. And from it, a bundle lay tucked beneath his arm.

A heavy hand thrust a key into the lock of his shop, sauntering in and discarding his travelling robes unto a pile on the floor by the door where they landed with a plop to the floorboards. Closely wrapped under the veil of a monogramed fabric, Remington withdrew his wand from his pocket, whisking around silent spells. An empty glass case had been cleaned, shining, and with delicate precision and care, he unwrapped his newest toy. The thick rich and aged smoldered iron forged horn had been embroidered with delicate care, and genuine fingers sought to place the artifact in its case, before enchanting it, and sealing it tight.

╔══════════════╗
Intention: Peace
╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:29 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image

User Image

Whistling a cheery melody as he pushed past the heavy wooden door, Hunter casually took in his surroundings, though the only thing that registered was the fact that Nott was nowhere to be seen. Lowering his tune into a quiet hum, the man slithered to the large glass window, setting up post as a means of entertainment.

Hunter was so eager that the note in his pants pocket felt as if it would soon burn a hole through his leg, but he kept his uninterested eyes on the passing civilians, barely watching as they slunk through the dimly-lit streets of Knockturn Alley.

User Image

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:00 pm
ŞĦÅWNJudus §ჳწჳ
User Image Shawn shook his head as he watched the other male act nonchalant. He still had his letter as well and he had a letter from his twin, asking what he was up to. His twin never helped him, but the other male did wish to know if he was still living. Shawn shook his head. He had a few coins, enough for bread and soup for three days at the hogs head, if he did not gets anything to drink it night last four. Then again, if he just got bread it could last him all week. He was deep in thought. He needed to know when he was to be payed to know what he was going to eat.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:31 am

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

His presence could be heard, alerted by the insufferable cringing creak that propelled rotten dust aside with the swish of the back door. Dim streams of ribbons permeated through the ash and dust caked upon every inch of the windowpane. His mind was scattered, caught within a vortex and clawing to be freed. He knew what he needed to do—but he wasn’t that desperate yet, and so, he would hold out on visiting the esteemed potioneer wherever he may dwell. Wretched eyes swirled, golden iris cast in bronze and faded with moss, veering to meet both men like tigers that awaited him in the room.

”Well?” His worn voice struck with a raspy, dark tone. ”Did you find him?” The question hung, sinking in the void of the answer they all knew…

After all, he wouldn’t have returned if failure was the answer. He only assumed that this man opposite him encased the same ideals.

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:00 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
LOCATION: The Spiny Serpent MOOD: Accomplished OBJECTIVE: Present the letter

User Image

Hunter stepped forward as Nott approached him, the edges of his full, mountainous lips peeling up into a casual smile. "Oh course," he purred, his low, rough voice scratching pleasantly in his throat. "Did you think any less of me?" His eyebrows raised sarcastically, and both his tone and facade were shriveled with mute shock, as if it were not in his blood to ever fail at a mission.

And truly it was not. He had made Remington a promise, vowed to keep it, and that he did. Likewise, he knew it wasn't in this man's nature to make things so easy, to allow him to earn his trust in one simple gesture, a gesture that an owl—or even a pigeon—could make just as easily.

So regardless that he was expecting more, he kept his face smug as he pulled his hand from the pocket of his pants, revealing a delicate piece of parchment, folded neatly into a flawless square.
"Mr. Findeler sends his regards." The words slithered effortlessly off his tongue as he held the letter out between his two dominant fingers, his raised arm sturdy and balanced thanks to the fine layer of muscle compacted artistically beneath his skin.

Quote:
~
The quickest way doesn't always lead to the shortest road, and the road is yet long;
instead look for the answers written in woven silk.
The Spider tells all truths in her web of lies,
and she can bring you the road less traveled.

~

User Image

User Image

Knockturn Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out