Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Rejected Olympics - PAINTBALLZ!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:32 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

Got it on durem too emotion_awesome

But I can bring in my mules to help you get a 20 with your method. Not exactly sure what you mean by it though. As long as I use the link I'll be on the same layer as you and my other mules?

Damn, you must've lucked out! I have not found a single game yet that has more than 2-4 non-Durem players! xP

If you open towns in different windows with different avis (leave another window open to log out and log in on different accounts, then bring them all to the splat game icon then click on the icon all "together" (one after the other), they should end up in the same game. That's what I did with Hexatus and Ned-san. However... I don't think my internet will handle it, lol. I just had to reset the modem after I did it that last time. But this game has been doing that to me just playing normally too.

If only we could do a call-out for another team to come help us! Maybe I could try that... ask the other teams in Lift Thing or Bacon Bowl if they wanna come help, lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:35 pm
Ned-san

Damn, you must've lucked out! I have not found a single game yet that has more than 2-4 non-Durem players! xP

If you open towns in different windows with different avis (leave another window open to log out and log in on different accounts, then bring them all to the splat game icon then click on the icon all "together" (one after the other), they should end up in the same game. That's what I did with Hexatus and Ned-san. However... I don't think my internet will handle it, lol. I just had to reset the modem after I did it that last time. But this game has been doing that to me just playing normally too.

If only we could do a call-out for another team to come help us! Maybe I could try that... ask the other teams in Lift Thing or Bacon Bowl if they wanna come help, lol.

Is that what you do? I just use different browsers. I have Firefox, Google Chrome, and IE. Think it'll still work?

And good luck getting people to come help :3 They'd have to be some really nice people.  

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:43 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

Is that what you do? I just use different browsers. I have Firefox, Google Chrome, and IE. Think it'll still work?

And good luck getting people to come help :3 They'd have to be some really nice people.

I just tried posting a thread in the Event Forum asking for other team members to come, lol.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/rejected-olympics-2012/hey-barton-aekea-and-gambino-durem-needs-your-help/t.81313675/

No need to use different browsers, though that'll work too. The trick is to use the direct link in an empty tab or window, rather than lettering Gaia open the window for you by pressing the Play Now button. If you do that, then the Javascript will open the window under the same name and "overwrite" any game window you already have open. If you just open a new tab/window then just past that URL in the address bar, it'll open a new instance of the game without overwriting the game in the other window.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:54 pm
Ned-san
Kyuui Kiwi

I just tried posting a thread in the Event Forum asking for other team members to come, lol.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/rejected-olympics-2012/hey-barton-aekea-and-gambino-durem-needs-your-help/t.81313675/

No need to use different browsers, though that'll work too. The trick is to use the direct link in an empty tab or window, rather than lettering Gaia open the window for you by pressing the Play Now button. If you do that, then the Javascript will open the window under the same name and "overwrite" any game window you already have open. If you just open a new tab/window then just past that URL in the address bar, it'll open a new instance of the game without overwriting the game in the other window.

So how do I find you? XD.

My accounts are: Elemental Collision, KuroShio Rider, Bending Prodigy
Don't ask why they're such weird names. sweatdrop  

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:14 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

So how do I find you? XD.

My accounts are: Elemental Collision, KuroShio Rider, Bending Prodigy
Don't ask why they're such weird names. sweatdrop

Why are they such weird names?

Sorry, I know you said not to ask but how could I not with names like that? sweatdrop

I think I've actually given up on this for the moment. I can't think of adding mules because the game is just too laggy and my computer is already having probelms. There have been some more barton/bambino/aekeans come in now (with the actual intention of helping out durem, even!), but there's still just too many Durem members. A lot of times I can't even hit anybody else because they're so crowded with Durem members all over the place... lagging the place out to boot. *sigh*

Two things I've learned... 1) My mouse creates less lag than my tablet, and 2) you hit the star and not the avatar.

So I guess those little avis we were using probably didn't help. They probably just directed people to the proper place to shoot at, lol!

Also, the range of the paintballs is actually quite limited, so you really do have to run at people and get close to hit them. Didn't notice that during the first set of games because we were dealing with so much lag and such a short timer.

It was fun playing on Barton's side, running through the mass of Duremites, hitting them, and moving on to escape all their fire. lol. With Barton I'd still have 15 or more left on the timer after I got my 20, so I'd have to run away from people to keep from getting hit. xD

Durem is just not fun though. It's just painsakingly tedious trying to find someone to shoot at whom you haven't already hit, or waiting for all your Durem teammates to move out of the way.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:39 pm
Ned-san

Why are they such weird names?

Sorry, I know you said not to ask but how could I not with names like that? sweatdrop

Ok ok. Elemental Collision was for a RP that I never finished making. I'm pretty sure I still have a link to it in this guild whee KuroShio because I heard the name in class years ago when they were talking about some wave or something XD. And I just recently made Bending Prodigy cause I needed another mule. Its based off the world of Avatar, with the art of "bending" the four elements, air, water, fire, and earth. xP. All very stupid, I know haha.

Ned-san
I think I've actually given up on this for the moment. I can't think of adding mules because the game is just too laggy and my computer is already having probelms. There have been some more barton/bambino/aekeans come in now (with the actual intention of helping out durem, even!), but there's still just too many Durem members. A lot of times I can't even hit anybody else because they're so crowded with Durem members all over the place... lagging the place out to boot. *sigh*

So I guess those little avis we were using probably didn't help. They probably just directed people to the proper place to shoot at, lol!

It was fun playing on Barton's side, running through the mass of Duremites, hitting them, and moving on to escape all their fire. lol. With Barton I'd still have 15 or more left on the timer after I got my 20, so I'd have to run away from people to keep from getting hit. xD

Durem is just not fun though. It's just painsakingly tedious trying to find someone to shoot at whom you haven't already hit, or waiting for all your Durem teammates to move out of the way.

I was able to get on 2 mules at the same time. The third one never loaded the game when I sent them all in. I stayed for about 30 min before getting off heh. The first few games though, there were actually a lot of people helping durem out like you said. Sooner or later though they all left too. Guess we never ended up meeting though sweatdrop

And yes I did cut out parts of your quote for absolutely no reason but to shorten it. wink  

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:51 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

Ok ok. Elemental Collision was for a RP that I never finished making. I'm pretty sure I still have a link to it in this guild whee KuroShio because I heard the name in class years ago when they were talking about some wave or something XD. And I just recently made Bending Prodigy cause I needed another mule. Its based off the world of Avatar, with the art of "bending" the four elements, air, water, fire, and earth. xP. All very stupid, I know haha.

No, they're not stupid names at all. They're all very creative. wink I mean, look at me... I've got a character named Hexatus Aquatica, lol. I still don't know where that one came from. sweatdrop I still think "smarterish" is a good name, though. lol. If I ever have a daughter, that's what I'm gonna name her. xD

Kyuui Kiwi
I was able to get on 2 mules at the same time. The third one never loaded the game when I sent them all in. I stayed for about 30 min before getting off heh. The first few games though, there were actually a lot of people helping durem out like you said. Sooner or later though they all left too. Guess we never ended up meeting though sweatdrop

And yes I did cut out parts of your quote for absolutely no reason but to shorten it. wink

Yeah, somebody else got a 20 from the other team's help... but when I go in I still see a max of 5 other team members. Better than before, but nowhere near enough to get a 20. xP I guess I was just born unlucky.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:54 pm
Ned-san

No, they're not stupid names at all. They're all very creative. wink I mean, look at me... I've got a character named Hexatus Aquatica, lol. I still don't know where that one came from. sweatdrop I still think "smarterish" is a good name, though. lol. If I ever have a daughter, that's what I'm gonna name her. xD

Yeah, somebody else got a 20 from the other team's help... but when I go in I still see a max of 5 other team members. Better than before, but nowhere near enough to get a 20. xP I guess I was just born unlucky.

Its also pretty late at this time so there's bound to be less people. Tomorrow might be a fresh new start 3nodding  

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:37 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

Its also pretty late at this time so there's bound to be less people. Tomorrow might be a fresh new start 3nodding

Well, I managed to get 18... and there were enough seconds left over at the end of the 18 that if there was one more opponent anywhere on the screen I would have gotten a 20 for sure, but there simply wasn't anyone else there.

I'm wondering if less people isn't better at the moment. I think there's actually enough Barton, Gambino, and Aekea people coming into to the rooms now, and waiting around. I'm seeing them around the town for sure. However, I think the problem is that there's still just so many Durem people that no matter how many of the others come the Duremites fill the rooms so quickly that the other team members get all spread out. How are there so many on this team? xp  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:41 pm
Well, I finally got my 20 in Paintball! But wow, that was just ridiculous... the later it got the more the ratio finally started shifting over to Barton players... but the more Barton players there were to hit, the worse the lag got. I guess from all the Durem players in such a feeding frenzy. Even though the targets were right there in front of me, it became impossible to register a hit in the allotted time because of the lag, and I think the system could only register so many hits on a single person before it ran out of buffer... 'cause whenever a person was being splattered with red, that's when I could not hit them at all.

Then finally one game the hits started registering and I had my twenty halfway through the time. Then I very carefully snuck around the outskirts to make sure nobody hit me while I ran out the time... sweatdrop

PS, if you're wondering, don't try leaving the area through the area after you've gotten your 20. I tried that once on one of my Barton players, and it didn't register. I had to go back in and get another 20 (which fortunately was extremely easy to do on a non-Durem account). You do have to let the timer run down to 0 to get your points.

I'm still waiting for my achievement, but my Event Score says 100 of 100, so I'm sure it'll come. Wow, was that ever a lot of work just for an Achievement... not even an item! sweatdrop
*EDIT: After waiting an hour I still didn't get the achievement, so I went into Frog Lick where I knew I could make one jump and get a 20, and after doing that it granted my achievement.  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:00 am
Do you lose points for getting hit? If so, I must have been extremely lucky LOL I got my 20 on my second try. I just like moved someplace and just shot people. Got 20 with like 12 seconds to spare and just kinda stood there LOL Also no lag on my side now that I finally got my desktop fixed (with a sexy GTX550 to boot) razz  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:28 am
Ned-san
Well, I finally got my 20 in Paintball! But wow, that was just ridiculous... the later it got the more the ratio finally started shifting over to Barton players... but the more Barton players there were to hit, the worse the lag got. I guess from all the Durem players in such a feeding frenzy. Even though the targets were right there in front of me, it became impossible to register a hit in the allotted time because of the lag, and I think the system could only register so many hits on a single person before it ran out of buffer... 'cause whenever a person was being splattered with red, that's when I could not hit them at all.

Then finally one game the hits started registering and I had my twenty halfway through the time. Then I very carefully snuck around the outskirts to make sure nobody hit me while I ran out the time... sweatdrop

PS, if you're wondering, don't try leaving the area through the area after you've gotten your 20. I tried that once on one of my Barton players, and it didn't register. I had to go back in and get another 20 (which fortunately was extremely easy to do on a non-Durem account). You do have to let the timer run down to 0 to get your points.

I'm still waiting for my achievement, but my Event Score says 100 of 100, so I'm sure it'll come. Wow, was that ever a lot of work just for an Achievement... not even an item! sweatdrop
*EDIT: After waiting an hour I still didn't get the achievement, so I went into Frog Lick where I knew I could make one jump and get a 20, and after doing that it granted my achievement.

CONGRATS on the 20! whee I got so paranoid when I got a 20 and the timer wasn't even close to out. I ran off to the sides where no one goes but people were following me :[ Thank god I didn't get hit.
Thanks for letting me know. It was really weird actually, when I had gotten around 10 points, I left the arena to see what would happen. It took me out of a game, but when I went back in, I still had 10 points and I think thats how I got my 20. HOWEVER, I tried it again and it didn't work. lol

The achievement took a very long time to grant. I don't think it had anything to do with the Frog game xP.  

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:31 am
maui boy no ka oi
Do you lose points for getting hit? If so, I must have been extremely lucky LOL I got my 20 on my second try. I just like moved someplace and just shot people. Got 20 with like 12 seconds to spare and just kinda stood there LOL Also no lag on my side now that I finally got my desktop fixed (with a sexy GTX550 to boot) razz

Wow that is very lucky emotion_kirakira Me and Ned spent 2 days trying to get it... burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:28 am
Kyuui Kiwi
maui boy no ka oi

Wow that is very lucky emotion_kirakira Me and Ned spent 2 days trying to get it... burning_eyes

Nu, that's because he's with Gambino and not Durem. blaugh I got 20 on Gambino 1st try, when we still had the 30 second timer...

And yeah, I went for the Champion achievement as well on this account (paintball got my score up to 2k so I decided I'll just finish it off in Frog Lick, which is so quick) and the achievement never showed up... So I just went to bed and it was there in the morning. They're all granting really slow now.  

Hexatus Aquatica

Olympic Champion

1,500 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:29 am
Hexatus Aquatica
Kyuui Kiwi
maui boy no ka oi

Nu, that's because he's with Gambino and not Durem. blaugh I got 20 on Gambino 1st try, when we still had the 30 second timer...

Oh. For some reason I completely ignored the flag he was holding rofl Then yeah, I got Gambino on first try too XD. Same goes for Aekea. (I think, can't remember).  
☆ Word Games

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff