Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Knockturn Alley
D'Lux Gold, NPC Owned, Available Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:55 pm
User Image
                                                      To this world I'm unimportant
                                                      Just because I have nothing to give
                                                      So you call this your free country
                                                      Tell me why it cost so much to live
                                                      Tell me why

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

₴qцїЬ || Tшїи || Mёcнaпїc

════════════════════════

Chalmes blinked as Elli decided to laugh at the idea of Grace caring, and he held up his hands, his own smile in place as he shrugged at her. "You don't know my family. I'm pretty sure that everyone in it's got more secrets than I can think of, and then some. A lot of them are probably not really good ones to let out. I honestly don't know how your cousin and Chris even get along or if it's a case of Chris basically just puts up with it because he's gotten used to it." Seriously, his brother's friendship with the girl had Chalmes scratching his head. Chris had equated it with being like a brother figure to a more hyperactive Eretria, which Chames couldn't even imagine. However, like much of his twin's life nowadays, there was a lot of things Chalmes couldn't understand. Like how Ada had practically had to nearly die to get him to turn her, or how he thought himself a monster all the time. Granted, once upon a time Chalmes had been horrified by the idea, however now he couldn't see where Chris even got the idea he was one. Chalmes hadn't noticed that much different about his twin, other than Chris became a lot more apt to brood and had a... whatever he wanted to call it when he got hungry. Chalmes just never wanted to touch the stuff.

When Elli described how she was feeling with regards to the pregnancy, and winced as she said she hadn't had mood swings yet. As long as they weren't of the murderous, 'I will use your intestines for a noose' variety that Eretria seemed to have, he was pretty sure he was safe. "I have only been around three pregnant women in my life. My mom, when she was pregnant with my sister, Ada when she was pregnant with the twins, and now you and Eretria. As long as you're not as bad as she is, I'm pretty sure we're fine." He couldn't imagine anyone being that bad. He couldn't recall his mom's pregnancy that well, but compared to his sister, his sister-in-law was a saint while pregnant. Now, if he could make sure that he survived Elli when she got into her mood swings, he was sure he was set. "I I will have you know that it's a Whitethorne family tradition to always give news to my father in stages, that way we all get him mad at us only for a little while. So far, the biggest one was Chris and his vampirism, followed by me and Chris's kids, and then there's a tossup between Tanya moving out and Eretria eloping. The one that holds a special seat of honour is our uncle, three b*****d kids and all."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: Well, let's hope this doesn't get out all over the bar...
                                                      OOC:

This world can turn me down
                                                      But I won’t turn away
                                                      And I won’t duck and run
                                                      Cause I'm not built that way
                                                      When everything is gone there
                                                      Is nothing there to fear
                                                      This world cannot bring me down
                                                      No cause I'm already here

Devlyn Maycry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:42 pm
User Image

User Image

♫ Pureblood ♫ Mother ♫ Chalmes Whitethorne ♫

I can't remember ¢αяιиģ for an нøυя or so.
                                                        ṡταяτε∂ crying and I couldn't ṡτøρ myself.
                                                        I started яυииιиģ but there's иøωнεяεto run to.

Elli laughed and shrugged. "From my experience Grace doesn't give you much of a choice. You either decide to like her and put up with her or you are annoyed 100% of the time. If she decides you are her friend, then you're stuck with her." She shrugged. She loved her cousin no matter how crazy she was. "I don't really blame her. I mean her parents were killed in front of her so she's got a few abandonment issues... to say the least." Elli wasn't very affected by her dead aunt and uncle anymore. They had died a long time ago now and she had gotten over it. She wasn't sure Grace ever had though. Sure the vampire was happy, but a part of her was still broken.

She noticed the wince when she mentioned mood swings and almost laughed.
                                                        "When I was pregnant with Kory I was mostly angry at everything. Cam, Kory, myself, school... pretty much everything. I don't think I'll be as grumpy this time around... but who knows. I hope you don't hate me when you have to deal with it." She giggled and leaned against his side. She knew he wouldn't hate her no matter what. Which was the only reason she would even say something like that out loud. She had never voiced her fears with Cam... and maybe that was what had ruined it in the end. She wasn't upset about it anymore though. She loved Chalmes... and he treated her and Kory well.

"My da kind of just lets us get away with everything. I mean he wasn't very pleased about me being pregnant and Cam not even offering to marry me. But when I told him this time around he actually was happy. I dunno maybe he's just glad I actually moved in with you so he thinks we're actually going somewhere. He never really liked Cam though.... but he never gets mad at any of his kids... just our boyfriends." She chuckled at that. "I think he's still trying to make up for mine and Ver's shitty mother... and probably Aimee's too really. Besides Michelle's mum he has pretty awful taste in women."

Well it ωαṡ cool cool, it was just all ¢øøℓ.
                                                        Now it's over for мε, and it's over for ÿøυ.
                                                        Let's see how ƒαя we've ¢øмε.
                                                        I believe the ωøяℓ∂ is вυяиιиģ to the ground.

Diamond Wales

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:01 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          кєииєтн ℓσωєяу
                                                          Looking Cute at a Table with her Da- Wait, nope. Never mind.
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Awkward
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Dad, you're a ruddy traitor... ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

ℓιкє α ѕ м α ℓ ℓ в σ α т σи тнє σ¢єαи ѕєи∂ιиg в ι g ω α ν є ѕ ιитσ мσтισи ❦ ❦ ❦xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ι мιgнт σиℓу нανє σ и є м α т ¢ н вυт ι ¢αи мαкє αи є χ ρ ℓ σ ѕ ι σ и ❦ ❦ ❦xxxxxxxxx
                                                          αℓℓ тнσѕє тнιиgѕ ι ∂ ι ∂ и ' т ѕ α у ; ωяє¢кιиg вαℓℓѕ ιиѕι∂є м у в я α ι и ❦ ❦ ❦xxxxxx
                                                          ι ωιℓℓ ѕ ¢ я є α м тнєм ℓ σ υ ∂ тσиιgнт; ¢αи уσυ н є α я му ν σ ι ¢ є тнιѕ т ι м є ؟ ❦ ❦ ❦xxx
                                                          ═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceJojo managed to look at Kenny long enough to arch a brow in surprise. She set her elbow on the table and leaned her cheek against her fist, eyeing him with an odd expression. "Never would've had Jer pegged for a buzzkill," she snorted, then blushed and looked away. Brilliant, insult his brother, why don't you. She only vaguely recognized the other name, so couldn't really make a judgement there, though if she was remembering correctly, hadn't the woman had an eyepatch? And looked pretty scary, too, even ignoring that particular detail. She thought Gypsy might've mentioned her a time or two as well, but she hadn't actually met her. Well, aside from the typical 'this is so and so's that'd been done at the Christmas party, which didn't really count as far as she was concerned. Either way, the idea of any of that particular set of Kenny's relations being the ones to give him hell for her drinking was a bit hard to swallow. If Jer would've been pissed, she didn't even want to think of what his da would've said, she thought glumly. She still didn't really feel bad about the whole thing, though. Nothing bad had happened, and she'd been no where near as drunk as Elliott. Even though the'd had the exact same number of drinks, a fact she was still entirely too smug over.

spaceShe appreciated him trying to make her feel better over her classes, but honestly, she knew she'd totally screwed herself over. The Hufflepuff sighed. "Pretty much the only smart thing I did was keep going in all the wandwork lessons. I dropped everything else in the core curriculum, though. And I only kept Transfig because I figured it'd look weird if I dropped it while taking Animagus studies. Which was another stupid thing I did, since I couldn't afford to take it and Apparation, and guess which one would've actually been useful?" Her arm dropped, and she thunked her head down on the table, groaning both at the pain from the contact and at herself for being an idiot. "I don't even know why I bothered, it was stupid. Jesse took it, too, and him and Elliott are trying to help, but... I don't think I'm actually... anything enough, to manage to pull it off." Smart enough, good enough, there was a list of things she needed to actually successfully become an animagus, and she didn't think she had a single one of them in her. Except maybe that she really really wanted to do it, but even that was hard to keep up when she knew how much she was up against.

spaceShe crossed her arms over the tabletop, and laid her head down, really regretting that she'd hit it on the wooden surface. It wasn't going to bruise or anything, but it hurt. "Other than that... Art, Cooking, Music and Wandless. That's it. All I've got," she told him sadly, shrugging. "Dunno why I kept art, really, except that I like Professor Hawthorne and... uh..." She trailed off, turning scarlet. It was pretty stupid to've kept taking a class just because of him, especially since he'd graduated. It wasn't like they were in the class together. "I guess I do well enough in cooking... music is, well. I mean, I probably like it best. But it's not like that's going to do me any good." Ideally, she'd love to be able to do something with music after graduation. Logically, though, she knew that wasn't going to happen. Her singing was decent, but she'd not really done that well otherwise, and even if she had the talent, there was no way she'd ever be able to perform in front of... well, anyone, really. Figures that the one thing she actually liked, she had minimal skill at.

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❦ ❦ ❦ тнιѕ ιѕ му f ι g н т ѕ σ и g ; тαкє вα¢к м у ℓ ι f є ѕσиg
                                                          xxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ ρяσνє ι'м α ℓ я ι g н т ѕσиg ; му ρσωєя'ѕ т υ я и є ∂ υρ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ ѕтαятιиg яιgнт иσω ι'ℓℓ в є ѕ т я σ и g ; ι'ℓℓ ρℓαу му f ι g н т ѕ σ и g
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ αи∂ ι ∂ σ и ' т я є α ℓ ℓ у ¢ α я є ιf иσвσ∂у єℓѕє в є ℓ ι є ν є ѕ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ '¢αυѕє ι'νє ѕ т ι ℓ ℓ g σ т α ℓσт σf fιgнт ℓ є f т ι и м є

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:48 am
User Image
xVeronica Kissxxxxx
xxxx

Time: 2031-2032
Looking: to save the world
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

She let out a long exasperated sigh when Toby told her to more or less drop her complaints about the coming marriage of Jess and Dori. She half pouted and immediately began with an argument, her contrary side flaring up and her mood not aided by the vodka already in her system, "Yeah I am, Toby. And three years is practically nothing if you look at the big scheme of things and... Ugh... I just don't like the idea of everyone going off and getting married. I mean it sort of is my whole issue with marriage in the first place but I-" She stopped about to say she felt left out or as if she missed the memo about getting married but that would be her fault. Toby probably would have proposed if it had not been so obvious she would answer immediately with a solid no.

Ronna frowned when Toby answered by pointing out the flaws in her logic though she wanted to argue wanting to be married at all was a little bit illogical. At the mention regarding his mother Ronna let out a small chuckle, " And you wonder why your mother still terrifies me. Anyways it isn't like all marriages end horridly, right? My mum for example decided to make her second marriage work. Your parents are happy. We all know that Gypsy and Jer will last forever because honestly who could they find to replace the other? And even dating someone who is a jerk ends up bad."

She sighed as he offered to get her a drink and said quickly, "I'll take water... I doubt anything else is advisable for us considering..." They had almost started a long argument already, alcohol tended not to help sour moods.
                                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
                                              The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:13 pm
Merrily we fall out of line, out of line...
I’d fall anywhere with you; I’m by your side!
Swinging in the rain, humming melodies;
We're not going anywhere until we freeze.
I’m not afraid, anymore, I’m not afraid...

User Image
J E S S A M I N E
C A T H L I N
W A L S H

Spell InventorFormer HufflepuffHalfblood Twin

Jess nodded with mock sobriety. "Far worse. You gave me access to alcohol- Saint Dorian, they'll call you. Knight of the Drink, or something like that." She knew fully well she was being ridiculous, but then again, her ability, well, tendency to be ridiculous was one of the things he loved about her, right? He did give pause a little, in the midst of their laughter and nonsense, and while she wasn't really alarmed, she did wonder why. Then it struck her- all of this hinged on the presumption that they'd be someday having children. He must have realized this.

But he said nothing, and while she couldn't see his face, she knew him so well at this point that she thought if he'd been bothered by that realization, she'd have been able to tell. So it must have been a happy one, and Jess felt such a surge of love for him at that moment that she sort of wanted to try to snog him right then and there, but she was on his back at the moment, and she wasn't a contortionist. Unfortunately. It would have been a wicked party trick. Something she could tell their kids about. Or kid. She loved her parents and her siblings, but she had no desire to raise five.

"Thank you," Jess said brightly, and pecked him quickly on the cheek before sipping at his drink. She made an enthusiastic 'it's good!' noise before sticking her tongue out at him when he snickered and kissed her. "Hrmmm... I guess I can let you off piggy back ride duty for now, here's fine." She very ungracefully extracted herself from her current position, almost dropped her drink twice before she set it down on the bar, and finally made it onto a stool at the bar. With the high advantage it gave her, their difference in stature was far less, and by the look on her face, she was enjoying it.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Carefully we'll place our destiny...
You came and you took this heart, and set it free!
Every word you write or sing is so warm to me!
I’m torn, I’m torn to be right where you are...
You so know me, pinch me gently, I can hardly breathe.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:55 am
Your mouth is a revolver,
Firing bullets in the sky.
Your love is like a soldier,
Loyal 'til you die.
And I've been looking at the stars...
For a long, long time.
I've been putting out fires all my life.

User Image
T O B I A S
P H I L E M O N
W A L S H

Dragon Research & Restraint BureauFormer GryffindorHalfblood Twin

Toby could tell she was about to argue with him before she even opened her mouth just from the look in her eyes. He looked exasperated, but the truth was they'd had far worse arguments than this, and over far more inane things. He supposed arguing over marriage was a step in the right direction. Even if they were still arguing. "I'll be sure to tell my twin that you'd prefer she wait to get married because it makes you uncomfortable," he said sarcastically.

Really? She had an issue with marriage? Who could have guessed? Toby knew he was being harsh about it; his mother had not divorced his father for an inane reason and then not even fought for shared custody of her kid. But Ronna was not her mother, and he was not her father. The problem was he wasn't sure if she believed that sometimes. "My mum loves you," he added, rolling his eyes. "She only terrifies you in your head." He let it go, though.

Ronna needed to come to some conclusions by herself; the more Toby pushed and prodded her about changing her opinions, the more she'd cling to them. And besides, he didn't trust himself not to lose his temper, especially when they were both at least a little drunk. If they got into it now they'd be feuding for the rest of the night, and while at some point he'd probably be too wasted to care, he'd sure as hell care the next morning when he was sleeping on the couch.

He got up and got her water, and, reluctantly, one for himself. "How're your brothers doing, anyways?" Toby asked. He'd only really met Andrew- he barely knew Nathan, the younger one, but he liked Andrew all right (maybe mostly because he shared his distaste for Theo and his Ronna fixation), and he did like hearing about them. They seemed like good kids, which might be a small miracle considering what they had for a mother.

...If he and Ronna ever did get married, he'd have a stroke before he willingly invited that woman to the wedding.

OOC:
mc2

Everybody wants a flame, but-
They don’t want to get burnt.
And today is our turn.
People like us, we don't-
Need that much, just...
Someone that starts the-
Spark in our bonfire hearts!

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:14 am
Staring blindly through a blizzard,
Chasing after your restless heart.
Mind is buzzing like a helicopter...
Cutting quickly through the dark!
Smoke is pouring from my windows,
And I'm reaching out my hand...
Hoping someone's at my fingertips;
That can help me understand!

User Image
U R I E L
A D A I R
S C O T T

Former HufflepuffMugglebornAdoptedHealer

Uriel grimaced. "...Point," he conceded. Dysfunctional his family might be, but... he had not had Lyv's father or Lyv's sister. Honestly, he wasn't all that clear on her current situation with her family, and didn't want to pry. Her dad was dead, which was a relief. Her sister had probably done the deed, and didn't seem to be around. Uriel wasn't about to go asking after Michelle, so... He had thought Lyv had been taken in or adopted or whatever by Ada Blythe's family, seeing as he was pretty sure Ada and Michelle had been best friends in school or something. ...That said, Ada was married now, and to a vampire, but Uriel knew he wasn't supposed to know that.

Besides, it wasn't like he went around talking about it, since the only reason he ever heard about Ada and her husband, Chris, was through Lea, and he and Lea were not exactly getting on at the moment anyways... When had his life become so complicated, again? Anyways, he hoped he hadn't upset Lyv, but she was grinning at him, so he took that as a good sign. His blue eyes widened as she down her drink in one go, and he was about to laugh when her grin seemed to widen as the alcohol hit, but it got lodged in his throat. Because she leaned up on her tiptoes (Uriel was fairly short for a guy his age, but Lyv was teeny, and he'd be lying if he didn't say he found it cute) and kissed him.

This was pretty unexpected, given his knowledge of how Lyv usually behaved, but Uriel was hardly complaining. No more worrying about if he should kiss her at some point tonight or if that'd be rude or if he should wait until their technical second date and if she even considered this a first date... It was so quick he didn't get a chance to do much else but enjoy it for a few fleeting seconds, and he blinked and stared at her when she blurted out the rest. He turned slightly red, and rubbed at the back of his neck for a second, before his mouth caught up with the mess of thoughts in his head. "Well, I like you too. Uh- I think I have for a little while now. And um, you are awkward and quiet but I'm awkward and quiet too and when I'm with you I feel even more awkward but in a good way."

That had been his first kiss in at least three years, Uriel reckoned, and it'd been a pretty good one at that, too. "And you are pretty awesome and that's why I invited you and I don't care if I'm the only single person at this wedding but if you were my girlfriend.... I uh, I would think that's brilliant." He felt like he was tripping over his own tongue but pressed on. "So, I'm gonna try to kiss you now so just punch me in the face or something if I mess this up." The blond had to lean down some, but managed to make it work, and pressed his lips gently against hers for a moment before he lost whatever tipsy nerve he'd had and pulled away. "...Yeah," was all that came out of his mouth.

OOC:
Quote:

The stars are bound to change.
Hold on, hold on, wait for another day.
Hold on, hold on, the future's not that far away.
Yelling for the sun as the water rises-
Feeling like smoke, filling up your eyes!
Swinging at a ghost, go and lock that door,
Leave that wreckage, let it wash ashore.
Go save yourself up, it's a hell of a ride...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:24 am
Come laugh away who you are and get down;
Who you are, who we are, now you're found.
To the sun or the bears or the guns...
We taking all our vows with your frown!
Come on, get down, make a mess, make a bow-
Come get down, mighty youth, here and now.
So come on honey, cut yourself to pieces!

User Image
V I O L A N T E
F A Y E
L I L L A N T I N E

SlytherinFourth YearPurebloodAdopted

"Are you sure you don't want to go hang out with the kids here that are actually your age?" Lea asked, not for the first time. Vio cast a glance in the direction of the several teens her own age standing together and shrugged. "They're not my age. They're all third years. I don't really know any of them that well, and I'm fairly certain they don't want a random fourth year hanging around."

He gave her a look that said 'you're just being difficult' and Vio took another sip of her virgin margarita. He sighed. "Aren't you bored?"

At this Vio drew herself up slightly in indignation that was half mock, half genuine. "I am keeping you company! Do you really want to be that lonely vampire in a dark corner brooding?" She pursed her lips in disapproval. "You're not even drinking."

Lea looked as if he couldn't quite believe a fourteen year old was criticizing him for not drinking. "Sorry," he muttered. "I still look sixteen, you do realize that? And besides that, you know that's not what I drink."

"Then you should have brought your own drink," she retorted, and then... "Explain why we're here again." Vio had enjoyed the wedding, and was slightly in love with Gypsy's dress, but she still didn't really know most of these people. Okay, so she did know why they were there. Gypsy and Jer were Jess and Toby's best friends. It was a pretty simple connection to make. But that didn't mean she was necessarily thrilled about it.

Lea was staring again, and she knew she was acting like a brat. But she was bored and right now, she hated being fourteen. She was too young to drink and too old to dance without caring what people thought; she was too old to play around like a child and too young to sit with the adults. Because God forbid she hear something 'inappropriate'. She glanced over at her cousin and her eyes widened in horror. "Is that a book?! Eleazar Bradley!" she hissed.

"What?" he whined.

"Give me that book! This is a social event! Find someone for us to talk to!" Vio nearly lunged across the table at him, but was mindful of her drink.

OOC:
Username

Come on honey, give yourself completely-
And do it all though you can't believe it.
Youth don't know, youth knows no pain!
Come together and join the parade...
And get back walk on lost in the trade.
With the plants and the shimmering beats;
With the wind in my hair, you're free.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:46 pm
User Image
xVeronica Kissxxxxx
xxxx

Time: 2031-2032
Looking: to save the world
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Ronna narrowed her eyes at Toby at his sarcastic reply to her and if he didn't see his life flashing before him, she did at that moment. "Don't be such an arsehole, Toby," She answered, finally settling on crossing her arms and rolling her eyes. Sure she was being somewhat unreasonable about the whole marriage issue, even she knew that, but Toby didn't have to point it out or act like a jerk. Ronna was pretty sure her negativity was one of the biggest reasons she wasn't put in the wedding party. It wasn't like she didn't try to be supportive of her friends and their decisions. Hell, she even knew deep down she had some little girl dream to wear a white dress and go to a church with someone she loved, but she was perfectly happy putting that off for years. There was no rush and besides with how often she and Toby fought if they actually married they might end up divorced within six months. Breaking up was less mess than divorce.

She raised a brow when Toby told her that his mother loved her. She had suspicions that wasn't true. It wasn't like she had any particular issues with Cora Walsh. She may have met the woman in less than favorable situation (when she was helping move her son out of her home into an apartment with her), but to be honest Cora held that more against Toby than her. Ronna got along better with Cora than her own mother. That wasn't saying much, though, considering Ronna's mother was an epic b***h for lack of a better classification and Cora was actually kind of awesome. Supposedly the two were similar in personality and they both did share some resemblance in looks-tall and blonde and both Gryffindors with a bit of a temper. Ronna was not going to try to think of the implications of the fact Toby was dating her considering what his Mum was like, and Carl said Ronna was a lot like her Dad. Ronna found her father when he was alive was a lot less terrifying than Cora Walsh. Mothers Ronna just didn't know how to deal with, Garrett was a lot simpler to handle until he got the idea to hint at how lovely a marriage would be. Ronna had managed to remain civil to the doctor at least about it so far. Jess's marriage seemed to at least keep Toby's Dad from dropping quite as many hints at how lovely it would be if Toby and her tied the knot. At least that was the case for now. Ronna was staying away from a certain short Hufflepuff's bouquet. She'd pick up and throw one of the other women at it if she had to in order to dodge the bouquet.

"Didn't your mother break someone's nose once?" Ronna added raising a brow, "That seems reason enough to fear someone." Maybe Ronna did break someone's nose too but she was a kid she reasoned. And she broke her own nose during quidditch practice once, it didn't hurt that bad. Sure she had magic to heal it up quicker than the boy she broke the nose of but the guy deserved it... too bad she couldn't remember exactly why but she was around six or seven at the time. She let the subject drop, though, knowing good and well Cora's nice right hook wasn't the real reason she was terrified of her and Toby knew so as well. It was Ronna's insecurities.

She was thankful that when Toby came back with water he changed the subject to her brothers who Toby had taken a liking to. Especially Andrew. Andrew and Toby together worried Ronna especially since they started their hatred of Theo club. It was ridiculous. Ronna was half tired of constantly telling them and other friends that Theo was a good kid (or man she supposed now) and that he was harmless and they were JUST friends. Theo and her had been friends forever and if Theo had ever seriously been interested in her he would have asked her out. Except he was obsessed with Alex and then was obsessed with the dueling range owner. Of course those two girls seemed to prove she was obviously not Theo's type. The dueling range owner perhaps not so much. Alex end up with Ronna's first real crush too, but Ronna doubted that made her similar to Alex in anyway that would count for Theo.

"Andy is busy with his A levels this year. Our mother is fairly happy that he wants to go into university and study science. Pharmaceutical medicine isn't exactly her field but at least he's not 'wasting his talents' like I am," She answered rolling her eyes. "Nate... I'm not sure as much with him how he is doing. He tends to be more quiet. Funny really considering he's the actor of the two. I know he's been given freedom from his college to go to London during the weekends for performance and such. I offered to let him stay with me but he didn't seem thrilled by the idea. I think he's staying with one of his Dad's siblings or something, I'm not really sure. The cow probably wouldn't let him stay with me anyways. You and I might corrupt him, the poor innocent thing."

She took a sip of water and was pretty sure Andrew mentioned Nate having a female friend or acquaintance he would spend time with sometimes when he was in London, but with Andrew Ronna wasn't entirely sure if he was exaggerating or not. Andy was the one prone to theatrics even if he didn't act, while Nate acted but was not prone to theatrics in his real life. Maybe Nathan got over his thirst for drama in the world of the stage and Andy lacked that outlet. It was hard to say considering she had only started becoming close in any way to her brothers a summer or two ago when Andy showed up on her doorstep to crash for a week or two. It was nice though having brothers even if they reminded her how much of a horrid selfish cow her mother could be. After all less than a year after she divorced Ronna's dad she had end up married and pregnant with Andy on her way to make her own version of a perfect family a "too stubborn man" and her first child didn't fit into.
                                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
                                              The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:12 pm
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxO L Y V I A C A T L I N B L Y T H E

owner of sugarplum's sweet shop ◆ former hufflepuff ◆ halfblood

User Image

She hadn't meant to bring down the mood with mention of her family, but she supposed dating her, kind of meant her mess of a family came with the deal, even the dead ones. Because as much as she liked to pretend she was over it, she wasn't sure she would ever be over it. Her dad would always be a scar on her memories and even as much as she hated him most days, there were still good days to remember and a happy life mixed in with the bad. It was all one package deal.

She waited in baited silence after kissing him, hoping for a good reaction, or at least an easy let down. She blushed cherry red when he said he liked her too, before a small smile spread across her cheeks. She snorted quietly when he said she could punch him in the face if he messed up, before kissing her. It was another short kiss, but probably better than the first. She was most definitely a tiny bit drunk, but that was okay, she would be hungover in the morning, but at least she wasn't doing something she would regret. When he pulled away, she had another drunken grin on her face.

"Maybe awkward isn't such a bad thing." She whispered, giggling and hugging him. "So uhhh... does this mean... we're like.... together or what? I dunno. I'm not to great with relationship crap." She shrugged. Her last relationship had been with a dude more than twice her age and had basically been a cry for help honestly. She hadn't been in a great place back then.

░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
ooc:

Leave the virtue of pity, but we live with the shame.
So scared to dream in a world with no sunlight.
When you wake up, you know it’s darker than last night.
Born to walk away, been walking my whole life.

The Forgotten Weasley

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:40 pm
Staring blindly through a blizzard,
Chasing after your restless heart.
Mind is buzzing like a helicopter...
Cutting quickly through the dark!
Smoke is pouring from my windows,
And I'm reaching out my hand...
Hoping someone's at my fingertips;
That can help me understand!

User Image
U R I E L
A D A I R
S C O T T

Former HufflepuffMugglebornAdoptedHealer

Uriel took her grin, even if it looked a bit tipsy, to be a good sign when he pulled away. Then she giggled and hugged him, and he carefully wrapped his arms around in her return. When was the last time he had hugged someone not a member of his family, anyways? He regarded her hopefully. "I... yes?" it came out more like a question, but he didn't want to be pushy about it. He didn't remember Lyv dating anyone while they were in school, but he had been in his own relationship at the time, so she could have. She didn't strike him as the type to go around broadcasting it, anyways, and she had been much more withdrawn in Hogwarts to begin with. Whether she had been or not, it didn't matter to him. He was hardly some suave, charming gent himself. He made easier conversation with people who were bleeding or vomiting all over him than girls. "I mean," he amended. "I'd like us to be. But if that's... if you don't want to call us a couple right away- uh, that's okay too. Whatever you're more comfortable with. This is kinda... our only date so far," he laughed a little while he said it and didn't know why, it hadn't been hilariously funny, but it was true and he was slightly drunk. He didn't drink too much, alright? He couldn't afford to be nursing a hangover during his morning shift.

OOC:
Devlyn Maycry

The stars are bound to change.
Hold on, hold on, wait for another day.
Hold on, hold on, the future's not that far away.
Yelling for the sun as the water rises-
Feeling like smoke, filling up your eyes!
Swinging at a ghost, go and lock that door,
Leave that wreckage, let it wash ashore.
Go save yourself up, it's a hell of a ride...

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:43 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxCorner Booth
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxNo One
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDisturbed
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

wнen ι waѕ т w e l v e ι υѕed тo d e l v e xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ιnтo evιl ѕ c н e м e ѕ jυѕт тo ιllιcιт ѕ c r e a м ѕ xxxxxxxxx
                                                          вooѕт мy ѕ e l ғ e ѕ т e e м , pυѕнed мy ѕιѕтer d o w n a w e l l xxxxxx
                                                          ѕнe jυѕт ғ e l l , oн вυт ι l o v e тo d w e l l xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceLysandar's eye twitched as he contemplated buying a drink; typically, he didn't do so when he was here. He preferred to keep his mind clear and his reasoning unhindered. Of course, normally he was here meeting with informants on Rui's behalf, and tonight, that was not the case. Tonight was a different game; he was mostly observing, of course. He wasn't about to recruit someone without having already watched them for a good amount of time. One of the reasons he'd left Persephone at the keep, actually... though hardly the only one.

spaceAgain, his eye twitched. She'd begun questioning him. It hadn't seemed anything of concern at first. Out of place, yes, because she was never audacious enough to question him, even of something small. But as the weeks had progressed, she'd grown more and more obstinate, until it seemed like she was picking him apart and fishing for something. What, he had no clue. He almost wondered if there was something wrong with her memories, but that couldn't be it. He'd been careful. Almost fanatically so. There had been nothing left of her true memories, and the ones he'd implanted had been perfect in their imperfections and should (did!) feel as real as her real ones would have. He was an expert at this, after all, and he certainly wasn't going to screw it up when dealing with the most important instance of memory-altering he'd ever undertaken. No, there was no chance of her realizing the life she remembered was a lie... So, then, why did she ask so many damned questions?

spaceHe grimaced, fingers tapping across the surface of the table. When he realized what he was doing, he stopped the action immediately. He didn't need to call attention to how agitated he was. Besides, he needed to focus on the task at hand. Rui was seeking new recruits, fresh blood, and he didn't know of a better place to go looking for fresh young blood. The bar's location at Knockturn Alley ensured that its patrons were likely to be less than moral, and there was a fair chance they were relatively young. That was what the Lady wanted, after all. Youth. He suspected that was the only reason she'd 'allowed' him to enact his scheme with his granddaughter, because Persephone was young and pliable. Of course, he'd never let Rui be the one to mold her. But he had no qualms with bringing the madwoman new followers. He wouldn't have allowed her access to his home if he weren't at least somewhat interested in her plans, as silly as he thought they were at times. Honestly, her reasoning didn't matter much to him; she'd freed him from prison and made it possible for him to save his granddaughter. At the very least, he owed her a debt. And her preferred payment was service, which required him to do... exactly the sort of things he liked to do. So he was content. If the worries regarding Persephone would be set aside, he thought he might actually be able to be happy... for once.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx ι aм noт a в a d м a n even тнoυgн ι do в a d т н ι n g ѕ
                                                          xxxxxx very в a d тнιngѕ , ѕυcн н o r r ι в l e тнιngѕ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx вυт ιт'ѕ noт q υ ι т e wнaт ιт ѕ e e м ѕ (noт qυιтe wнaт ιт ѕeeмѕ)
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx noт q υ ι т e wнaт ι ѕeeм . . . all нell. ιт'ѕ e х a c т l y wнaт ιт ѕ e e м ѕ

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Diamond Wales

Red Hot Missy

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:40 pm
User Image
                                                                Time is a valuable thing
                                                                Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
                                                                Watch it count down to the end of the day
                                                                The clock ticks life away
                                                                It’s so unreal

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? D'Lux Gold
                                                                Who am I with? Himself
                                                                What am I doing? Waiting and hoping that he can find Lysander.
                                                                What am I thinking? Elli already wants to kill me for this idea, but I don't care.
                                                                Who's Important to me? Elliott Holt
                                                                What am I wearing? Pancras

Jesse shifted nervously as he walked toward the club. Okay, he had to admit, this was probably one of his most stupid ideas to date. However, contrary to what Elli probably thought about this whole thing, Pancras had been raised a pureblood extremist, and Jesse, while he was no longer the kid he used to be (thank Merlin for that!), still remembered a lot of the mannerisms that his father had forced on him. He had no choice in the matter. Every memory of Pancras was still pretty fresh in his mind, and some of his mannerisms still hearkened back to when he was raised by his family. Jesse figured he had to be the best one to do this, as anyone else would be found out instantly. He was practically a nobody, Pancras a bare memory for those with knowledge of pureblood circles, and a simple check into records would confirm to anyone that he spoke the truth. Even Veritaserum would be ineffective against him, because he was Pancras Percival Strudwick. Lost heir to the Strudwick line or not, he was in the best position to do something like this.

What made his cover probably all the better was his upcoming nuptuals (gag!) to a pureblood girl he vaguely recalled from school. His parents had been trying to bring him back into the fold, and had given him a perfect cover. His father had mentioned in his letter about Jesse's betrothal about the fact that he'd told the girl's family he'd been homeschooled, and as there was no records of a Pancras Strudwick anywhere in Hogwarts, it was safe to pretend that he'd never attended. Now he just had to act the part, and after taking a deep breath, assumed a look of indifference that he knew would creep out anyone he was close to. Straightening his shoulders, he managed his most haughty stance and walked into the club.

It was a good thing that Kenny had let him know that his brother wasn't going to be working today. He would have hated to see how that would have played out, considering that he knew that the older man would probably recognize him. However, Jesse had managed to make sure that he dressed nothing like how Jesse would dress, and instead everything like how Pancras would. Minus a tie, but the addition of a tie had creeped him out enough that he just couldn't do it. He took a seat at the bar, glancing around once to note who was there and whether he would have to knife someone. He really, really didn't want to, but old habits died hard, and he was certain that part of his observing was merely casing the joint for a fast getaway if needed. He was in Knockturn Alley after all, and knew that shady things happened all the time here. He ordered a drink, and considered everyone he had seen in his quick perusal. No one had seemed out of place, and that made him feel more out of place. He beat back that feeling however, reminding himself he had been in worse places before this one, and was likely to be in worse places after.

OOC:

Things aren’t the way they were before
                                                                You wouldn’t even recognize me anymore
                                                                Not that you knew me back then
                                                                But it all comes back to me
                                                                In the end

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:56 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxCorner Booth
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxNo One
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDisturbed
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

wнen ι waѕ т w e l v e ι υѕed тo d e l v e xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ιnтo evιl ѕ c н e м e ѕ jυѕт тo ιllιcιт ѕ c r e a м ѕ xxxxxxxxx
                                                          вooѕт мy ѕ e l ғ e ѕ т e e м , pυѕнed мy ѕιѕтer d o w n a w e l l xxxxxx
                                                          ѕнe jυѕт ғ e l l , oн вυт ι l o v e тo d w e l l xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceLysandar watched the bar, searching for anyone who seemed a reasonable target for recruitment. It was rather difficult; certain traits were necessary, but they tended to conflict with one another. The confidence some portrayed made them too hard to sway, but was needed so that they could be trusted to act with surety, and loyalty. Anxiousness was a poor trait in a soldier, it lead to hesitation, but those without it were difficult to mold. Finding someone between the two was a challenge, and one he'd not had much luck at thus far. He sighed, leaning back in his seat, his impatience covered with a mask of indifference. He reasoned that he'd have to order a drink; if he didn't, he would look odd, sitting here alone. Looking odd was not allowed; it would draw attention, and could land him in a tight spot. He could escape easily enough, but didn't want the trouble. Or the headlines.

spaceHe supposed it might benefit him to get another vantage of the bar, as well, to see patrons not visible from his current location. So, rather than flag down a waiter for his drink, he stood and began making his way to the bar. As he walked, his eyes slid around the room, curious if anyone had escaped his notice. As he ordered a glass of wine (earning an odd look from the bartender for doing so), he spotted a young man sitting a ways away, and had to resist the urge to smile. The redhead was clearly uncomfortable in this setting, but had a certain air about him. It was one Lysandar knew well; his son had worn it as a youth, and his granddaughter did as well. It was a certain set of the shoulders, the line of the mouth. Breeding, likely magical, though there were those odd muggles who possessed it. Normally royalty, which he thought said something about muggles as a whole, that it took an actual title to make them behave like civilized individuals.

spaceTaking his wine, he approached the young man, offering a kind smile. "You should be careful," he murmured, "Your discomfort could make the unsavory sorts around here notice you." He took a small sip from his glass, arching a brow. The implication that he might personally be unsavory was intentional; he wasn't exactly here to start a petition for world peace, after all. "Some," he added softly, "might even mean you harm. A mugging in the back alley, perhaps. It's not uncommon around here... And you're alone." The man tsk'ed faintly. "I say this, not as a threat, but a warning, obviously. I've no need for your money, or to cause you harm. My intentions might not be pure, but I certainly don't mean you ill." His faint smile grew then, and there was the faintest hint of cruelty in its curve, a light of insanity in his eyes. "If you wish to avoid a terrible fate, you're free to join me for your drink."

spaceAnother thing of note? The boy was barely sipping from the drink he nursed; he seemed almost hesitant about it, proof of some underlying fear regarding his current circumstances. Whether that was the bar, or some event he was waiting on, Lysandar had no clue, but it didn't really matter. If the boy were meeting someone here, he supposed it might. But if he were, the dark wizard couldn't recruit him anyway, because his companion might arrive at any moment, and he had no way of knowing if this person was someone he could speak to or around. It was up to the young man, now, and Lysandar offered a small wave as he walked away, returning to his booth with his wine.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx ι aм noт a в a d м a n even тнoυgн ι do в a d т н ι n g ѕ
                                                          xxxxxx very в a d тнιngѕ , ѕυcн н o r r ι в l e тнιngѕ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx вυт ιт'ѕ noт q υ ι т e wнaт ιт ѕ e e м ѕ (noт qυιтe wнaт ιт ѕeeмѕ)
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx noт q υ ι т e wнaт ι ѕeeм . . . all нell. ιт'ѕ e х a c т l y wнaт ιт ѕ e e м ѕ

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Diamond Wales

Red Hot Missy

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:12 pm
User Image
                                                                Time is a valuable thing
                                                                Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
                                                                Watch it count down to the end of the day
                                                                The clock ticks life away
                                                                It’s so unreal

Where am I? D'Lux Gold
                                                                Who am I with? Himself, some guy (Lysandar)
                                                                What am I doing? Waiting and hoping that he can find Lysander.
                                                                What am I thinking? Elli already wants to kill me for this idea, but I don't care.
                                                                Who's Important to me? Elliott Holt
                                                                What am I wearing? Pancras

Jesse had managed to check himself before he actually reacted when he heard a man murmur to him about his discomfort. He could not however stop the jolt of shock that ran up his spine at the man though. Jesse might not be an expert on the shadier dealings of wizard society, but he had been a victim way too many times for comfort, and the man that spoke to him screamed that he was the kind of guy that Paul would have approved of. Which did nothing to settle his suddenly rattled nerves. He was honestly grateful for Hamnet's words of 'Don't react, don't show anything, you are stone', because he was certain that if not for that, he would be a wreck. Never however would he voice to Elli that his father's words were actually helping in this regard. He was certain that had Elliott heard that, he'd never hear the end of it and instead get a thirteen page diatribe on how his father was worse than scum and should never be considered family. However, it was hard to accept that fact, not when there was a part of him that was still seven years old and wanting approval.

He glanced over at least to appraise the man, and was even more unnerved by the look in his eyes. Oh great, this was just like talking to Paul. He shoved that feeling well away to the back of his mind and instead looked as though he might be considering the man's offer. Like it or not, he had to probably accept every offer that came his way regarding shady people. He was after all trying to tempt fate and see if somehow he could be picked up just like Jojo was. He just didn't like the idea that he could end up in a very bad position really quickly. That man had just reminded him of every reason why he despised Knockturn Alley. Too many people that he figured would be just like Paul and either kill him or use him. What made this whole thing hilarious was the fact the man considered a mugging to be the worst that could happen. Mugging was the last thing on his mind. He could deal with a mugging, had to several times when he was with Paul and living on the street, but that was considerably low on his worst-case scenarios.

Taking a much larger sip of his drink than he was intending (Merlin, he wanted to get drunk right now since at least anything bad he might not remember if he got drunk enough), he stood, making his way over to the man's booth, glancing over the room again before sitting down with an expression of detached curiosity on his face. Play the part, Jesse, he repeated like a mantra inside his head, you can do this if you remember that you've done this a thousand times. Not like he enjoyed remembering that every one of those times he was talking to Paul, but if he reminded himself of that, he could get through this. Maybe. "Exactly what makes you think that I'd have a terrible fate like that? I just needed to get away for a bit and ended up here." The lie fell easily from his lips, and he gazed around lazily before his eyes met back with the older man's. "Unless there's a reason for you to suspect that I'm in more danger than I can see." Mentally he patted himself on the back. His words were smooth and flawless, not even a tremble to suggest that the man unnerved him. As long as the man didn't try any of Paul's usual mannerisms, he'd be just fine. Maybe.

OOC:

Things aren’t the way they were before
                                                                You wouldn’t even recognize me anymore
                                                                Not that you knew me back then
                                                                But it all comes back to me
                                                                In the end

Cara MiaKitty

Knockturn Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas