Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Shop Owner Basics and Information (Must Read) (DA) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:25 pm
Jade Galaksylph
Hello, my name is Avian Lovette

I would like to work at The Lilting Lyre

The things I love about this shop are
- Music. Period.
- Tutoring music lovers
- Nice staff I guess
- The fact that it's something that I love
- Figuring out some new guitar designs
- The fact that there's this kid named Chance who hangs out here sometimes. Cool kid.

The things I despise about this shop are
- Some delivery guys sent us some defected instruments. A disappointment.
- The fact that I had to tutor snobbish kids from rich families
- Late-minute customers
- Picky-arse customers
- Those noisy hyperactive children who are running over our instruments

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I am also applying to be a Piano and Guitar tutor and an Artisan Apprentice.

Yukina101

Lilting Lyre Shop App under spoiler

Name: Avian Lovette
Which instruments can you play?: Guitar and Piano
Any previous experience?: Music Club Captain
Why should you be hired here?: Because I like music and earning money for something I actually like is something I never thought I should achieve
Anything else I should know?: Uhm... I'm also considering being an Artisan as well?

Hired!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:33 pm
Hello, my name is Isabelle Clarisse

I would like to purchase Flourish and Blotts

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I've been working there as Casey's shop assistant for about six seven years now. Recently she decided to leave the shop and I thought I'd take it off her hands. The shop is really all I have what with my son off in Ireland and having no one else in my life.

- Helping students get their books
- Being around books all day
- The social interaction
- Nostalgia of the shop
- The atmosphere of the shop
- The opportunity to tutor the younger generation for their OWLs and NEWTs

- Not working in the study of rare artifacts
- Customers who are impatient and rude
- When the days are long and slow
- When the shop is covered in dust
- Anyone who walks into the shop with a drink in their hand. Drinks and books don't mix.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I have to say that as much as I like travelling it doesn't bother me to spend my days in the book shop.

Diamond Wales

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:32 pm
murruelecreuset
Hello, my name is Isabelle Clarisse

I would like to purchase Flourish and Blotts

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I've been working there as Casey's shop assistant for about six seven years now. Recently she decided to leave the shop and I thought I'd take it off her hands. The shop is really all I have what with my son off in Ireland and having no one else in my life.

- Helping students get their books
- Being around books all day
- The social interaction
- Nostalgia of the shop
- The atmosphere of the shop
- The opportunity to tutor the younger generation for their OWLs and NEWTs

- Not working in the study of rare artifacts
- Customers who are impatient and rude
- When the days are long and slow
- When the shop is covered in dust
- Anyone who walks into the shop with a drink in their hand. Drinks and books don't mix.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I have to say that as much as I like travelling it doesn't bother me to spend my days in the book shop.

Diamond Wales

Accepted!  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:32 pm
Hello, my name is Samuel Marple.

I would like to work at Flourish and Blotts, as a cashier, CSR, stocker and/or tutor.

-Books. Working in a bookstore would make me as happy as a paleontology enthusiast whose application to Jurassic Park was just accepted.
-The opportunity to meet, interact with, and help people find what they are looking for.
-The environment. From the smell of books hot off the press, to the peace and quiet, to the perfectly calibrated lighting and the antique furniture, this store suits my taste perfectly.
-Tutoring is an outlet for me to use my expertise in divination, potions and charms. I'd love to help people understand these subjects, it will help me keep in practice with their fundamentals.
-It's proximity to the other stores in Diagon Alley, and it's location in a major wizarding world hub. Working here would negate me having to find a job in the muggle community, where half my skill set would remain untapped.
-It's closed on Sundays, so I can respect my Sabbath.

-The disrespect some customers have for the written word.
-When order fails and the shop gets disorganized or cluttered.
-Days when there are no customers or people appreciating the awesome tomes.
-Distractions out on the street.
-Being around books all the time but being unable to read them until after work.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Sometime within the next few years I'll be leaving to serve a church mission. I'll be gone two years, but I am happy to work until that time comes and would love to reapply upon my return.

murruelecreuset

Firepaw_is_my_name

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:59 pm
Firepaw_is_my_name
Hello, my name is Samuel Marple.

I would like to work at Flourish and Blotts, as a cashier, CSR, stocker and/or tutor.

-Books. Working in a bookstore would make me as happy as a paleontology enthusiast whose application to Jurassic Park was just accepted.
-The opportunity to meet, interact with, and help people find what they are looking for.
-The environment. From the smell of books hot off the press, to the peace and quiet, to the perfectly calibrated lighting and the antique furniture, this store suits my taste perfectly.
-Tutoring is an outlet for me to use my expertise in divination, potions and charms. I'd love to help people understand these subjects, it will help me keep in practice with their fundamentals.
-It's proximity to the other stores in Diagon Alley, and it's location in a major wizarding world hub. Working here would negate me having to find a job in the muggle community, where half my skill set would remain untapped.
-It's closed on Sundays, so I can respect my Sabbath.

-The disrespect some customers have for the written word.
-When order fails and the shop gets disorganized or cluttered.
-Days when there are no customers or people appreciating the awesome tomes.
-Distractions out on the street.
-Being around books all the time but being unable to read them until after work.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Sometime within the next few years I'll be leaving to serve a church mission. I'll be gone two years, but I am happy to work until that time comes and would love to reapply upon my return.

murruelecreuset

Hired!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:11 pm
Hello, my name is Vasilisa Markova

I would like to work at Ollivander's

The things I love about this shop are Kids asking about wandlore (which is cute), first years student customers, Damien's hellion kid, making a name for myself in the market, socializing

The things I despise about this shop are Posh people being picky over wand properties, defected woods from delivery, clumsy customers, the fact that it's London and it's noisy, customers thinking that their wand isn't 'cool' enough... Seriously, get over with it.

Cara Miakitty

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:47 pm
Jade Galaksylph
Hello, my name is Vasilisa Markova

I would like to work at Ollivander's

The things I love about this shop are Kids asking about wandlore (which is cute), first years student customers, Damien's hellion kid, making a name for myself in the market, socializing

The things I despise about this shop are Posh people being picky over wand properties, defected woods from delivery, clumsy customers, the fact that it's London and it's noisy, customers thinking that their wand isn't 'cool' enough... Seriously, get over with it.

Cara Miakitty

Hired!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:46 am
Hello, my name is Meuric Rhydderch

I would like to work at Sugarplum's Sweets Shop

The things I love about this shop are baked goods, baking, children, smiles, the happiness it brings

The things I despise about this shop are the dark history, the sad looks Olyvia gets sometimes, how slow it is during school years, loud, missing my family

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I like to bring my grandkids to work sometimes.

Devlyn MayCry

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:12 am
Devlyn Maycry
Hello, my name is Meuric Rhydderch

I would like to work at Sugarplum's Sweets Shop

The things I love about this shop are baked goods, baking, children, smiles, the happiness it brings

The things I despise about this shop are the dark history, the sad looks Olyvia gets sometimes, how slow it is during school years, loud, missing my family

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I like to bring my grandkids to work sometimes.

Devlyn MayCry

Hired!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:03 pm
Hello, my name is Henry Deering.

I would like to purchase The Leaky Cauldron.

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I bought it at the tender age of twenty three with all my savings and a considerable loan from my parents. I've regretted that decision ever since (Nah, I'm kidding).

The things I love about this shop are the smell of baked bread, the ready supply of alcohol, meeting new people, being able to see my kids all day, and being able to yell while I'm at work and not get reprimanded.

The things I despise about this shop are the nasty drunks (the funny drunks are alright), the idiot kids who show up looking to 'rent a room for the night' so they can finally get to third base, the slow days, there always being something to fix, and my kids thinking it's a good idea to hide in the rooms and jump out at guests like little demons.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I close the pub area early on Sundays so I can have some semblance of a social life and also teach my kids bar-tending tricks (we use butterbeer, calm down).

Diamond Wales

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:28 pm
The Forgotten Weasley
Hello, my name is Henry Deering.

I would like to purchase The Leaky Cauldron.

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I bought it at the tender age of twenty three with all my savings and a considerable loan from my parents. I've regretted that decision ever since (Nah, I'm kidding).

The things I love about this shop are the smell of baked bread, the ready supply of alcohol, meeting new people, being able to see my kids all day, and being able to yell while I'm at work and not get reprimanded.

The things I despise about this shop are the nasty drunks (the funny drunks are alright), the idiot kids who show up looking to 'rent a room for the night' so they can finally get to third base, the slow days, there always being something to fix, and my kids thinking it's a good idea to hide in the rooms and jump out at guests like little demons.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I close the pub area early on Sundays so I can have some semblance of a social life and also teach my kids bar-tending tricks (we use butterbeer, calm down).

Diamond Wales

Accepted!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:45 pm
Hello, my name is Arathon Vaughan

I would like to purchase The Magical Menagerie

How did I come to get this shop? Well... Arathorn was seen as a good soul by Siobhan while he was at Hogwarts. He knew she eventually planned on retiring, so post graduation he decided to continue living at home until he had earned enough money through odd jobs, and with some support from his parents, he finally has enough money to buy the shop from her so she can retire.

-The animals! All the animals! (including the snails)
-The look in the eyes of first year students when they buy their first pet
-The murmurer from slightly magical creatures around him
-Seeing a perfect match between animal and owner
-The smell of the store
-The love and affection off all the creatures
-The challenge of knowing each creature's care schedule and being able to do that each day

-Animal poop. All the animal poop. Everywhere
-Students that really don't know how to care for their pets and refuse to learn
-Parents that enable children who shouldn't have pets, have pets (who he has to sell to because he has bills to pay)
-That one half-kneazle that no one who will buy because she bites everyone, (including Arathorn)
-So many mundane tasks, every single day
-The smell of the store

Diamond Wales

Living Lately

Aged Shapeshifter

10,025 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Wall Street 200

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:45 pm
Living Lately
Hello, my name is Arathon Vaughan

I would like to purchase The Magical Menagerie

How did I come to get this shop? Well... Arathorn was seen as a good soul by Siobhan while he was at Hogwarts. He knew she eventually planned on retiring, so post graduation he decided to continue living at home until he had earned enough money through odd jobs, and with some support from his parents, he finally has enough money to buy the shop from her so she can retire.

-The animals! All the animals! (including the snails)
-The look in the eyes of first year students when they buy their first pet
-The murmurer from slightly magical creatures around him
-Seeing a perfect match between animal and owner
-The smell of the store
-The love and affection off all the creatures
-The challenge of knowing each creature's care schedule and being able to do that each day

-Animal poop. All the animal poop. Everywhere
-Students that really don't know how to care for their pets and refuse to learn
-Parents that enable children who shouldn't have pets, have pets (who he has to sell to because he has bills to pay)
-That one half-kneazle that no one who will buy because she bites everyone, (including Arathorn)
-So many mundane tasks, every single day
-The smell of the store

Diamond Wales

Accepted!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:06 pm
Hello, my name is Colton Overton

I would like to purchase Shutterbuttons Photography

How did I come to get this shop? Well... my parents saved up money so I could go to Uni upon graduation, but Hogwarts threw a wrench in the plan. Luckily, the accounts stayed open, and he was allowed to invest the money somewhere. He decided to buy the photography studio so he could further his skill on the subject. He had, after all, been practically raised behind a camera lens.

The things I love about this shop are Constant Photo-ops, Location, Working with Kenzie, Good restaurants nearby for lunch breaks, Magic is allowed which is good for photos

The things I despise about this shop are No wifi, unruly "models", Difficult launch, Spooky darkroom, and lulls in sales over the school year

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! The studio will feature a small shop selling beginning photography equipment.

Diamond Wales

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:33 pm
Miss GryffindorK
Hello, my name is Colton Overton

I would like to purchase Shutterbuttons Photography

How did I come to get this shop? Well... my parents saved up money so I could go to Uni upon graduation, but Hogwarts threw a wrench in the plan. Luckily, the accounts stayed open, and he was allowed to invest the money somewhere. He decided to buy the photography studio so he could further his skill on the subject. He had, after all, been practically raised behind a camera lens.

The things I love about this shop are Constant Photo-ops, Location, Working with Kenzie, Good restaurants nearby for lunch breaks, Magic is allowed which is good for photos

The things I despise about this shop are No wifi, unruly "models", Difficult launch, Spooky darkroom, and lulls in sales over the school year

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! The studio will feature a small shop selling beginning photography equipment.

Diamond Wales

Accepted!  
Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas