Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply First Year Classes
Herbology I (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:53 pm
User Image

User Image
                                          ══════════ ══════════

Monika calmly stepped into the greenhouse, finding the humidity a bit uncomfortable. She knew it was necessary for the plants, especially with Scotland's weather patterns, but her sweater wasn't enjoying it. Clutching her textbooks to her chest, she scanned the room for an empty seat. She supposed sitting near the front would be best, but the impression that her new professor was giving her told to her stay back. It was probably best to keep her distance for now, until she could figure out if it was safe to be close to the man. Setting her books down on the table, she sat down next to a Slytherin boy. She couldn't remember his name, but was confident it started with a J. "You look absolutely thrilled to be here," she said to him with a gentle grin. Turning to the front of the class, she listened to her professor, who seemed strict with his rules and regulations. He also seemed extremely protective of his plants, which she found a bit strange. Glancing towards the boy, a Hufflepuff, who answered the question that was asked, then to the Gryffindor girl who added a piece of information as well, Monika pondered the question. She knew a bit about Herbology, mostly from random reading she had done. Raising her hand, she spoke when it was her turn. "Monika Evans, Ravenclaw. I suppose one would want to have their textbook, or some form of notes if they were a professional, when working with any sort of plants. One should always be safe rather than sorry, or so they say." She was confident in her answer. Looking back to the Slytherin boy she was sitting with, she wondered if he would speak up as well. It didn't seem like he would.

══════════ ══════════
                                          𝑅𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓁𝒶𝓌 𝐹𝒾𝓇𝓈𝓉 𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇 xxxxx

I am moving through the crowd. Trying to find myself.
                                          Feel like a guitar that's never played. Will someone strum away?
                                          And I ask myself, who do I wanna be? Do I wanna throw away the key?
                                          And invent a whole new me? And I tell myself, no one, no one.
                                          Don't wanna be no one but me.

══ ══

Mephis Inferni

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:51 pm
User Image
                                                                They're gonna 𝔠𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔫 𝔲𝔭 your looks
                                                                With all the 𝔩𝔦𝔢𝔰 in the books
                                                                To make a 𝔠𝔦𝔱𝔦𝔷𝔢𝔫 out of you

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                                Where? Herbology
                                                                Who? Other First Year students.
                                                                Thoughts?This professor was definitely a Slytherin, he looks menacing...

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

xxx

Jack looked at the girl beside him and curtly nodded, "You could say that...I'm not very good with plants, or really anything living. My name's Jack, by the way." He kept his voice at a whisper, hoping he wouldn't disturb the professor or class, and extended his hand out towards the girl. The room was really beginning to get rather uncomfortable, the room felt like it was getting warmer. He was dressed too heavily, he decided. Taking off his cloak, he laid it across the chair in which he sat.
                                                                ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                                                OOC:

The Shiny Furret

Quote:

Because they 𝔰𝔩𝔢𝔢𝔭 with a gun
                                                                And keep an 𝔢𝑦𝔢 on you, son
                                                                So they can 𝔴𝔞𝔱𝔠𝔥 all the things you do

Mephis Inferni

Hilarious Smoker

4,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:02 pm

User Image __________

User Image User Image

Friday. Everybody loves Friday. But as soon as Aria reached the greenhouse, her grin waned into a pitiful little smile. The professor was foreboding; she'd scream 'YOU'RE EVIL' if she didn't have better control of herself. Luckily, she bit her tongue, kept her head down, and found herself a desk. She shuffled awkwardly and tried to make herself look busy by arranging and rearranging the books on her desk until the professor began his lecture. That just made things worse. He was just so.. so... mean. She wrinkled her nose and tried not look like the impetulant little child she really was. All of the other professors seemed nice and welcoming; if not a bit strict and formal, but that was to be expected, they were professors. How could anyone hire...him? To teach first years? Aria was so nervous of catching his attention, she settled for jotting down a few pointless notes dictating what the other students had said so far.

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
                ATTIRE:: house robes 】 【STATS:: 4' 8” and 98lbs

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:15 pm

User Image

User Image
                              first year x ;; ravenclaw x ;; muggleborn x ;; beater xx

Plants. Just think of this class like a really longwinded ecology class, and all will be well. The professor was intimidating, like he was just dumped by his date or something. So he just stayed silent, not wishing to be brought into the attention of this... disheveled man. Just stay away from that kid he hated, and all will be well.

oocx ;; { rip }

Quote:

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:20 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxHerbology Greenhouse
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxClassmates
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHappy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ï ќṉøώ øṉlÿ τ ï ṃ ε ώïll τ ε l l ïƒ αll τhε с α ɾ ḋ ṡ ώïll τɾεατ ṃε ώ ε l l xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          'сαυṡε τhïṡ h α ṉ ḋ τhατ ï'ṿε вεεṉ ḋ ε α l τ ќεερṡ ṃε ώ ø ṉ ḋ ε ɾ ï ṉ ' xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ṡø ṉøώ h ε ɾ ε ï τυɾṉ τhε ρ α ģ ε , ï'ṿε lεαɾṉεḋ τø ṡ ï l ε ṉ с ε αll ṃÿ ɾ α ģ ε xxxxxx
                                                          τεll ṃε ώ h ø сαṉ ɾεαllÿ ṡ α ÿ ώhατ ώïll τ ø ṃ ø ɾ ɾ ø ώ вɾïṉģ? xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceUnlike what he noticed was a good majority of his classmates, Sebastian wasn't in the least bit afraid of the professor... mostly because he already knew him. Not really well personally, but because of Ada. His sister had told him plenty about her former boss, and Bas knew better than most that he was almost all bark... almost. He did have a bit of bite, but not nearly as much as he wanted people to think. The way his sister made the man sound, he actually was very protective of people who were important to him, and a nice guy... way, way, deep down. Noticing a few faces in the classroom already, he elected to sit with his housemate Aria, offering his cousin a small smile and a wave as he passed the Hufflepuff. "Hey, Aria," he whispered, not wanting to get in trouble for speaking too loudly, or too much. He figured Jason wasn't half as bad as some people thought, but he was still not someone you wanted to piss off.

spaceThe blonde boy was unsurprised when his cousin was the first to speak up, and when he provided a very good, if somewhat simplistic answer. It covered all the basics, which was what Jason had asked, so he figured that was good enough. There was a bit of specialized information as well, but not as much as he'd expected; Benny probably didn't want to come off like a know-it-all. A couple other students chimed in as well, including Monika. Her answer was... odd, to him at least. But then, he knew the information on most plants better than most. He hadn't needed notes on a Mandrake since he was five. When there was a pause, he stood to introduce himself (something a few of his fellow classmates hadn't bothered to do, he noticed... too scared, maybe?). "I'm Sebastian Blythe, Gryffindor house... I'm Ada's brother. And, specifically when working with magical plants, you should always have your wand. Some of them are pretty hard to manage without a spell or two. Not impossible, usually, but hard. The more dangerous ones, you always want it, as a precaution." He settled into his chair then, wondering if maybe he should take out parchment and quill for notes... He was pretty sure he didn't need to, though. Ada had already given him a rundown of what he'd be learning from Jason, which was... well, not nothing exactly, but pretty much exactly that. He already knew everything they were going to cover this year. Although, he figured the professor might have a perspective his dad and Ada didn't, which could be useful. That probably wouldn't come up today, though.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx ï ƒεεl lïќε ώ α ќ ï ṉ ģ υ ρ , ï'ṿε hαḋ τhïṡ ḋ ɾ ε α ṃ в ε ƒ ø ɾ ε
                                                          xxxxxx ï'll ταќε τhεṡε ƒ ø ø τ ṡ τ ε ρ ṡ , ģø hïģhεɾ, ģ ø h ï ģ h ε ɾ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx ï'ṿε ώαlќεḋ αṉ ε ṃ ρ τ ÿ ṃ ï l ε , ώøɾε ḋøώṉ τhïṡ l ø ṉ ε l ÿ ṡ ø υ l
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx ï'll ταќε τhεṡε ƒ ø ø τ ṡ τ ε ρ ṡ , ģø hïģhεɾ, ģ ø h ï ģ h ε ɾ

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:58 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

-YEAR // First
    -AGE // 11
    -APPAREL // Gardening Robes, gloves, and his ever present cowlick at the back of his head.
    -ITEMS // Magical Wristwatch, schoolbag and gardening supplies.
    -COMPANY // Herbology Peers and Professor
    -RELATIONSHIP // School Friends
    -THINKING // 'Please tell me this inkwell didn't explode.'
    -FEELING // Goofy.
    -LOCATION // Front of the class, First Year Greenhouse Herbolgy Class

══════════════════════════════════════════

XXXBenny's face brightened from his resolute stare at the back of the greenhouse, when he saw Bas pass his desk. He made a funny face, stuck out his tongue and then smiled brightly; but composed himself before he thought the Professor would notice. He set himself back to work, but this time he got the idea that he should start breaking out the quill and parchment.

((OOC:_))

Cara MiaKitty

User Image

Scurd_Tito

Familiar Seeker

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
      • Rufus' Gratitude 100
      • Team Jacob 100
      • Married 100
      PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:47 am
      User Image
                                                  Although I would like our world to change
                                                  It helps me to appreciate
                                                  Those nights and those dreams

User Image

════════════════════════

ℱḯґṧ⊥ ¥ℯαя |ᛊ| ℋυḟƒℓε℘υƒḟ |ᛊ| ℝℯṧ℮я♥ε Ḱεερεґ

════════════════════════

Balder entered the classroom and grinned when he saw Bastian. Granted, he knew a good many of his classmates already, but thatwas his best friend. Although, he looked over to the professor and his grin faded a bit. So that's the guy his mor warned him about? She'd told him that professor Hill was a bit of a grouch, and tended to be unpleasant when anyone hurt a plant around him, but Balder honestly wanted to hug the man. Maybe something bad happened when he was younger and turned him that way? He didn't know. Granted, Balder himself had something bad happen to him when he was younger, but that didn't stop him from being friendly. He sat next to Bastian, giving a wave to Bas's housemate while he got out his quill and parchment to start taking notes. He blinked as he heard Professor Hill, and decided not to speak up. It sounded like Bastian and some others had it covered. However, that didn't stop him from grinning as he introduced himself. "Balder Borson, Hufflepuff." Balder sat back down, feeling like he was about to start bouncing in his seat. After all, he was so far doing well in his classes and hadn't missed one since History of Magic. He'd remedy that later when he actually went to the class next week.

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: I wonder what would happen if I hugged him?
                                                  OOC:

Thor

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

But, my friend, I'd sacrifice all those nights
                                                  If I could make the Earth and my dreams the same
                                                  The only difference is
                                                  To let love replace all our hate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:22 pm
      User Image
                                                          ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                          No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                          ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason looked over the class, his eyes narrowing as he listened to them. Wonderful, eighty percent of the class was mute, and the other twenty percent were brown nosing. Typical. He crossed his arms, already thinking this lot was worthless. Eyes flicking from one person to another, he both assessed and dismissed every face he could recognize, and glared at the ones that decided to remain silent. "Obviously you have never worked with snargaluffs, as they have no points. The stumps themselves turn into a flailing mass of vines that try and murder you. Perhaps you should reconsider what you have heard about the plant itself before you open your mouth.. However, the rest of your information was correct, if not a bit crude. Therefore I will not deduct points for your blithering stupidity."

He then turned his attention to the redhead, who apparently had the same last name as several of his older students. Of course, she had to get her information from the same source as the others, so he ignored her and then focused his attention on the current bane of his existence. Sebastian Blythe. Lovely. Why Ada hasn't informed him of her brother attending was beyond him, and he fully expected for him to answer the question with a very obvious answer. "As for the rest of the people offering answers, you are correct. Yes, you will need your senses, and yes, you will need a wand. Your senses are however key to discovering and diagnosing many ailments that plants have, whether it is to determine when to water, or when they are sick. Each of these are discovered using your five senses, and therefore are paramount to success with taking care of your plants." The werewolf's gaze then settled over the first years. "As I have gotten three different answers from three different individuals, I do not feel the need to give out points. However, I will request that you study up on Spiky bushes in preparation for next class. As such, you are dismissed."

════════════════════════
                                                          Thinking: Remember, I applied myself, don't maim the students so early on...
                                                          OOC:

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real me
                                                          Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
      • Rufus' Gratitude 100
      • Team Jacob 100
      • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
      • Rufus' Gratitude 100
      • Team Jacob 100
      • Married 100
      PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:28 pm
      User Image

User Image
                                                          ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Jason entered the classroom and strode toward the front, his head erect and his his eyes focused as he quickly set up the classroom. Looking things over, he nodded and settled back to wait, his arms crossed as he watched the students enter. When the last students entered, he flicked his wand, causing the door to close and lock.

He then settled his gaze at the students assembled.
                                                          "Hello, and welcome back. Last lesson, we happened to discuss the various tools you will be using in this class, while this class we shall go ahead and start with a basic plant that is found in many gardens in the wizarding world. The spiky bush. As you can see, I have set several bushes on the tables before you. I would like for each of you to pull on your dragonhide gloves and please gather to them four at a time. This way, we can all see what exactly I happen to be showing you."

Jason pulled on his own gloves and approached the plant on his own table. "As you may not know, spiky bushes happen to be a highly aggressive species of plant, with long thorns that give these bushes their names. The thorns on these bushes happen to be yellow, while the thorns of wild spiky bushes are more of a brown colour. The one distinction between domesticated spiky bushes and their wild cousins aren't in the color of their thorns, but in what they do with them. These bushes when domesticated can shoot their thorns at what they perceive as threats. This makes spiky bushes ideal for owners that wish to keep intruders out of their gardens. The bushes before you have been hit with a Stunning Charm, which means they will not attack. However, should you notice the bush start to shiver, please inform me so I can recast the spell. I wish for each of you to gently move aside the foliage of each plant and try and locate one of these thorns, like this." The older wolf deftly pushed aside a bit of the foliage, stopping finally when he found one of the thorns in question. He showed it to the students and then nodded toward the bushes he set out. "Now you try. I will be coming around and watching you to ensure the plants are uninjured and that you are using the proper technique to minimize both damage to yourself and the bush."

════════════════════════
                                                          OOC:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:09 am
      User Image
      Fianna Grey
      Gryffindor First Year Eleven Years OldSingle

Fianna recognized Spiky Bushes when she saw them, as Mother Grey used them to keep the unwary out of her gardens, and knew enough to avoid them and the thorns they shot. Now, she was being called upon to mess with something she was always told to leave alone. When she was called upon to do so, Fianna started a careful examination of the plant in front of her, not wholly convinced it wouldn't start showering her in a hail of spikes at point-blank range, or that she wouldn't be brutally murdered if she inadvertently snapped a twig.

OOC:
      Username

User Image
                      Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                      "Everything you wants a dream away
                      We are legends, every day"
                      That's what she told me

Under this pressure, under this weight
                      We are diamonds"

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
      • Gaian 50
      • Dressed Up 200
      • Statustician 100

Essy ze Ninja
      Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
      • Dramatic Shipping 25
      • Treasure Hunter 100
      • Tipsy 100
      PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:24 pm

User Image __________

User Image User Image

Prepared to not make a fool of herself like in the previous lesson; Aria studied her textbook several times throughout the week, reading and rereading trying to commit details to memory. She might not understand half of it, but at least she could come up with an answer if she had too. Arriving early, Aria only saw Fianna in attendance. Fi and Sebastian seemed to have a good understanding of Herbology; she'd probably be sticking close to them for the rest of the year. ”Hi Fianna,” she said in a whisper as she gathered at the desk beside her. When given the instruction to do so, she rolled up the sleeves of her robes and strapped on her dragonhide gloves—and couldn't help but wonder if they were actually made from a dragon's skin. As soon as the student's were allowed to begin, she eyed the bush left and right, up and down, then carefully fingered through the bulbs—or leaves—or whatever part of this green stuff was actually called. Leaning over to Fianna she said, ”I hope the bush stays stunned.” Aria didn't quite fancy the thought of a shaking plant to suddenly shoot thorns in her face; but that seemed preferable to having to call Professor Hill over for help, anyway. She couldn't understand how Bas could be so calm around him, even if he did seem to know the man already because of his sister. That gruff old man hardly seemed the type to have friends (unless you count his plants, and the barkeep, from whatever pub he probably hides away in.)

ATTIRE:: house robes 】 【STATS:: 4' 8” and 98lbs

Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:24 pm
      User Image
      Fianna Grey
      Gryffindor First Year Eleven Years OldSingle

Fianna smiled when she saw Aria, glad she'd have some company while working on the Spiky Bush. "Hi, Aria," she said quietly, not wanting to draw the attention of Professor Hill any more than was needed. When Aria mentioned the hope the plant stayed stunned, Fianna said feelingly, "Yeah, no kidding. Mother Grey has some of these in her garden back home, I've seen them shoot thorns a pretty good distance."

Essy ze Ninja

OOC:
      Username

User Image
                      We are legends, every day"
                      That's what she told me

Under this pressure, under this weight
                      We are diamonds"

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
      • Gaian 50
      • Dressed Up 200
      • Statustician 100

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
      • Cat Fancier 100
      • Doggone It! 100
      • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
      PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:28 pm
      User Image

User Image

First Year │ Gryffindor

Jameson walked into Herbology, somewhat excited for what was to come. He had spent so much time around nature that he couldn't help but be at least somewhat pumped to learn more about it, even if it felt a little geeky and the professor looked like he could kill you with a stare. He sat himself down in a seat, seeing only Aria here so far with some other girl that he vaguely recognized from the Sorting. She was in his house, if he recalled correctly. Looking up towards Professor Hill, he listened on and off, his eyes scanning over the subdued bush intently. When they were sent to work on it, he slipped his gloves on and pushed through the foliage of the plant gently to locate the thorns in question.

OOC:

Quote:

━━━━━━

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:12 pm

-YEAR // First
        -AGE // 11
        -APPAREL // Gardening Robes, gloves, and his ever present cowlick at the back of his head.
        -ITEMS // Schoolbag and gardening supplies.
        -COMPANY // Herbology Peers and Professor
        -RELATIONSHIP // School Friends
        -THINKING // 'Let's get down to business.'
        -FEELING // Resolute.
        -LOCATION // Front of the class, First Year Greenhouse Herbolgy Class

XXXBenny's face was set in stone as he took the same seat as the day before. He looked around and noticed that he was amongst the first students to arrive, and didn't mind working with the plants by himself at his table. He listened attentively to the instructions, and then set to work. He readied himself with his gloves, and then tenderly but surely located a spike within a couple seconds of moving branches. The plant that he was working with was not only perfectly still, but also the perfect shade of yellow that Professor Hill had mentioned; and it made Benny glad to think that he wouldn't have to call him over to subdue the spiky bush.

((OOC:_))

User

User Image

Scurd_Tito

Familiar Seeker

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
          • Rufus' Gratitude 100
          • Team Jacob 100
          • Married 100
          PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:40 am
          User Image

User Image
                                                              ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Jason looked around the classroom as people found the thorns in their bushes. He was glad that at least they hadn't incinerated the plants. Nodding when he was sure everyone assembled had found the thorns, he moved on. "Now, as you can easily find, there are more thorns on these bushes. One of the tricks with these plants while caring for them is proper trimming. With these plants, you have to trim the larger thorns from the plant, as well as look for any that are discoloured or translucent. Those thorns need to be carefully snipped from the plant with a pair of gardening shears or a simple severing charm. As I do not believe you have learned the severing charm, we shall use the shears located on your tables."

Jason picked up his own pair and gestured to his own plant. "If you will please watch, I will show you what to look for and demonstrate how you will trim these bushes." The werewolf went to work, finding a large thorn and showing it to the class before clipping it off with the shears. He then turned to looking for one of the discoloured thorns, and nodded when he could find none on the bush. He then looked back to the class. "What you are to do is take your own shears and get to work finding large or discoloured thorns and trimming them from the bush. I will observe you as you work."

════════════════════════
                                                              Location: Greenhouse
                                                              OOC:

First Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
          Other Stuff
          Get GCash
          Offers
          Get Items
          More Items
          Where Everyone Hangs Out
          Other Community Areas
          Virtual Spaces
          Fun Stuff
          Gaia's Games
          Mini-Games