Welcome to Gaia! ::

[CLOSED work]

Back to Guilds

closed 

Tags: Fantasy, Magic, Roleplay, Literate, Semi-Literate 

Reply Grand Academy of Eoana ➣Classrooms
Classrooms ➣Diviner Magic Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Voice of Aegis

Interstellar Gekko

7,250 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Master Converter 500
  • Astral Veteran 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

𝓕𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓪 𝓟𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓪𝓷𝓷𝓮

_ _ _________________________________________________ _ _

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Fiona paused upon the bird approaching and allow her to pet her again, gently brushing the creatures soft wings before it flew off towards another Diviner that approached. I think her name... Was... Lily...Something? The musician wondered, maybe she'll get some kind of chance to speak to the girl. For now, her attention was returned to the Professor... Or at least what little attention she could show without the slight redness of her cheeks being up for display.

Listening to Professor Makoto, Fii focused a little more on the question given... She thought back to one of Elohari's lessons... Thought a little hazy, she recalled either her or a present student mentioning how their Knit would be considered more "spiritual..." Perhaps even considering to be people performing miracles.

Thoughts swam through the young girl mind, but she would not answer and instead kept her head low and scanned the room in hopes another would be more willing to speak up.

Neryem

The_littlest_dragonfly

Tala Maxwell

Raiyun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:55 am
User Image
Kayl Ardrus De'Valaer

Probability || None
Enters the Diviner Classroom in the new day...

╔═══════════════════

Walking headstrong with his head in the clouds, Kayl was smirking lightly as he made his way through the halls of the academy. While his mind was deep in thought going over some of the ideas that his new friend the smith, Leon, had brought up, Kayl was thinking about the mechanical possibilities of the next possible generation of his sword. Their discussion had run long and deep, discussing every facet of how the blade worked, its slide mechanism, the counterweight within, the oils used to allow for the least amount of friction, and even the type of metals used for the blade and the counterweight. Their discussion went into so much detail as they both enthusiastically went over the possibilities that Kayl hadn't even realized he had spent all of 2 days in the smith's forge. By the end of it, he was nearly rushing home in order to get some sleep so that he could come to class prepared and well-rested.

Luckily for him, his night had gone smoothly, and he hadn't awoken to the nightmares that plagued him still. Waking refreshed, and feeling good in general, Kayl quickly bathed, dressed, and made his way to the classroom, this time of course, leaving his sword resting in his room. However as he started to think about his conversation with Leon, his deep thought into what they had discussed distracted him enough that he had taken the wrong path, and ended up taking the long way around the academy, finding himself at the training grounds instead of his classroom. Kayl nearly laughed at himself for the silly mistake. Making his way to class now, Kayl hummed lightly as he reached the door, and pushed it open to enter. It seemed class was already starting, and Kayl only caught the tail end of a question that a new face had asked. 'Uh....' Kayl thought to himself as he stopped mid entrance, looking around the classroom at the students and then at the new lady in front of them instead of Ms. Mehra. Looking over his shoulder he saw Gannon standing in the room as well, just as he had done when Ms. Mehra was being introduced. It took a moment, but it all clicked and he simply closed the door behind him and bowed to the new teacher.

"Forgive me for my tardiness Miss, I confess in my distraction, I took the wrong path and ended up in the wrong place," He said while bowing respectfully to the teacher before standing straight up once more. Looking from Gannon, to the new teacher, to the students, Kayl assumed that everyone must have already introduced themselves, so Kayl brought a hand up in front of him and spoke once more. "If I may introduce myself, my name is Kayl Ardrus DeValaer, it is an honor to meet you..." Kayl said politely and with his normal demeanor and noble charm while nodding to the teacher once more. After standing straight up once more, he quickly stepped over to his normal seat, which was next to Lelyna in the front row. He waved lightly to the others, nodding at Rick first and then waving to Fiona before taking his seat. Kayl really seemed to be in a good mood this morning, although he was still a bit baffled by the sudden change. 'Wonder what else I've missed...' He thought to himself in amusement, although he hadn't been gone too long, you never really know what may happen, but this was a surprise to him.

As he sat down, Kayl took note of a particularly familiar little sight resting comfortably on Lelyna's shoulder. He stifled a chuckle while shaking his head lightly, as he thought about all the times she snuggled into his own cloak. That certainly was like her. Since it looked like she was resting, Kayl wouldn't bother her, but it was good to see that she was well. It certainly was quiet when she wasn't around. After getting comfortable in his seat, Kayl brought his attention back to the head of the class, he wasn't initially part of the conversation, so he waited patiently for them to continue so that he could grasp the discussion, and participate in the class with the others.

═══════════════════╝

Diviner || Student

User Image

The_Littlest_Dragonfly

Oyehh

Chelly Usagi

Neryem

Voice of Aegis

Tala Maxwell

Raiyun
Captain

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:29 pm
User Image
╔═══════════════════

Lelyna smiled when Branwen landed on her desk. Opening her hands, she waited for the lovely raven to come closer so she could pet her, gently stroking her feathers. “Hello, Branwen. She whispered, happy to have Branwen’s company. Lelyna was content with just caressing Branwen’s feathers, while they waited for class to start, but to her surprise she heard a female voice address the class.

Listening intently, she smiled a little, wondering who this woman was. As she asked the class about their last lesson and Ms. Mehra’s teachings, Lelyna was not surprised to hear Rick speak up – he was always so studious. As Rick spoke, the door opened at the back of the class. Lelyna suspected that it was Kayl and sure enough, he quickly apologized for his tardiness. Shaking her head a little, she was amused when he introduced himself to their new teacher. Kayl was always so polite and gentlemanly.

Shortly thereafter, Kayl took the seat next to her without a word. Inclining her head toward him in silent greeting, she smiled at him happily. Turning her attention back to the front of the class, Lelyna waited to hear about todays lesson. She hoped that their new Professor had interesting, engaging ideas, like Ms. Mehra. This was her last year at the Academy, but if Mikhail wanted to stay in Eoana, then maybe she could join the Master’s Program and assist their new Professor next year…

═══════════════════╝

Diviner || Lelyna Thaniels

Chelly Usagi

Voice of Aegis

Neryem

Raiyun

Lelyna Thaniels - [x]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:00 pm
Patrick Lockheart
~ The Diviner Classroom ~

"Hello." Branwen would give a sort of click-whistle as she hopped into Lelyna's hands and settled down. The White Raven was quite content to sit there for the duration of the lesson and Rick was more than content to allow her - after all, it kept her out of trouble and as long as Lelyna didn't mind, he was happy to leave her there. He did tense a little as the tutor made her way over towards where Bran had landed - the last thing he wanted to even consider was that she may be deemed as a distraction to the class and asked to leave...?

He relaxed as Makoto was distracted by the newcomers and instead turned and asked the class "What made a Diviner." Patrick couldn't help but wonder how many of the others would immediately attempt to recall the lesson when their previous tutor, Elohari, had asked the class that very same question. Unfortunately, his mind couldn't recall all the details, but he decided to break the silence either way and spoke up.

"Diviners were once considered to be blessed by the gods..." it wasn't exactly the best start, but swiftly recalling a mixture of his Grandfa's tales and information from historical books he'd found in the Library seemed to be the best place to begin, "Some Diviners can see the future and often found jobs as fortune tellers or soothsayers, some used their abilities to treat the sickly and became healers, others found ways of altering the world around them...or tapping into things that others may not be capable of...for example, speaking with and understanding animals..." His eyes would glance towards the silent figure that was Gannon at that point, smiling at the male before glancing across towards Lelyna and Kayl, "Or seeing things that to others, may not be there..." He hoped to catch a glance of the Fae, hoping she might also be present, but knew if he stared too long it would look awkward and so returned his gaze towards their tutor, "Not all Diviners use their gifts for good, but I'd like to think the majority are well minded..."

He had no idea how anyone would take that explanation, but he hoped it would at least start the ball rolling and give the others somewhere to begin?

The_littlest_dragonfly

Voice of Aegis

Raiyun

Neryem

Appearance: Wearing this
With: Branwen, Makoto, Fiona, Gannon, Sylrenya, Kayl, Lelyna
Feeling: Better
OoC Hrmm....did I cheat? I don't think I did....haha
Patrick's Cloak
""

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100

MashaRum

Newbie Bunny

850 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:53 pm
User Image

------------------------------------M A K O T OxxxA V I R E T T E
              ------▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

The lack of any familiarity brought a cloud of doubt and worry to Makoto's mind as she asked the question to her student. Internally screaming, she would keep that smile up and wait for an answer, looking between the orange haired boy, the auburn haired timid girl, the raven haired girl with a fluffy scarf and then back to Gannon. Okay, so that might have been a bad question. She thought to herself. Panicking now. This is not good, not good at all. Breaking the silence would be another person entering, albeit it quite late in the class. She would turn her head and meet the eyes of the handsome student. He came in offering her an apology. As he drew near, Makoto would offer him a wave. "It's an honor to meet you, Kayl. I'm Makoto, your new DIviner professor. Just have a set and we can continue." He would hurry into his seat beside Lelyna as Rick soon began to speak up.

"Very good! Please, continue!" She encouraged the ginger haired student went on about the raiment. He hit on all of the high notes, every little point that she wanted to hear. Smiling to herself, Makoto would clap several times. "A well put response, all of which is certainly true. A most ironic fate for a raiment once said to be the closest to gods than our kind could be. Back in times when communication between settlements was sparse and travel was a dangerous task, such things as a Diviners being somehow able to communicate with our deities were easy to believe. When our world became more developed, these descriptions were dropped."

She would take a few steps towards her right, now physically near the orange haired male and his female friend. "But I think we're forgetting the most important portion of the history of our raiment. Something that remains quite relevant in Valor and Trendel despite how long ago it was." Playing with her hair, the teacher worried if her star pupil was going to be the only person saying anything at all during this whole debacle. Everyone else appeared to be content just remaining silent. At least, not for long.

"It all began long ago in Valor, with a female who was said to hear a God. Would anybody like to tell me about it?" Makoto continued to smile, doing her best to hide of anxiety from her first day. Boy was she going to have the best nap after this was over. "Somebody other than our orange haired friend here. I warn you, I will start picking people at random to speak if everybody decides to remain quiet. If you don't know or have not been taught, please let me know. As long as you are honest, I shall not bring it against you."

Tala Maxwell

Voice of Aegis

Raiyun

The_littlest_dragonfly

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:29 am

𝓕𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓪 𝓟𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓪𝓷𝓷𝓮

Fiona's gaze was focused on her friend as he'd answer the Professors question... Safe to say, he was pretty passionate about his own abilities, enough to so openly describe it. In a way Fiona couldn't help but agree, even if she didn't say it.

Then the Professor proceeded to another question, followed by a statement of picking people out randomly. An uncomfortable expression quickly formed on the young brunette. Admittedly with Elohari she felt a bit more at ease with the sudden spotlight... But a new Professor? Fifi could almost break down internally right then and there. Fiona sunk into her desk steadily as if trying to crawl into a shell, rapidly glancing from person to person. P-please not me... Please... She thought. With any hope, somebody else will step up...

Neryem

Tala Maxwell

The_littlest_dragonfly

Raiyun

Voice of Aegis

Interstellar Gekko

7,250 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Master Converter 500
  • Astral Veteran 100

Raiyun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:25 am
User Image
Kayl Ardrus De'Valaer

Probability || None

╔═══════════════════

As Patrick started to answer their new professor, giving an answer that comprised of different answers given to this very question earlier in the year, Kayl leaned in lightly towards Lelyna. "Good morning, Lelyna," he said with a small smile as quietly as he could whisper. "I see Silme is with you this morning, I wondered where she had scurried off to," He said lightly once more, smiling lightly as he sat straight up once again. He hadn't gotten to see much of anyone after the gala, though he wasn't naïve to it being cause of his own absence. As the class continued on a bit, Patrick finished up his answer, and before Kayl could say anything else to Lelyna, their new professor started in once more, answering Patrick while acknowledging all of his answers, and giving further input to them all. After given her response to his answers, she started to question another aspect of history that was strongly tied to diviners, and started to ask the class if anyone could tell her about the infamous tale.

At that, Kayl started to think about the subject at hand. This was a subject that Kayl found wasn't so easy to simply state, at least not for him. Many would very quickly go to the most common version told, as told primarily by the Kingdom of Valor. A young Diviner, sent to aid the peoples of the Kingdom of Trendel, after trying to help them ease their famine and strife, was unfairly blamed for her failings which Trendel's leaders saw as a scandalous plot to further bring down the Kingdom of Trendel. Outraged, Valor responded with a heavy hand when Trendel used this fallacy as an excuse to wage war and ransack Valor's warehouses. But is this story the truth? Can this version be considered the real history between them? Kayl knew it certainly would sound very different from across the sea. Continuing to listen, Kayl waited patiently, not for a lack of knowledge on the subject, or a willingness to speak, but to first see which direction this conversation was going to go.

═══════════════════╝

Diviner || Student

User Image

The_Littlest_Dragonfly

Oyehh

Chelly Usagi

Neryem

Voice of Aegis

Tala Maxwell

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:32 pm
User Image
╔═══════════════════

Lelyna smiled at Kayl’s words, nodding lightly. “Yes, she has been good company…” She whispered back, not wanting to be rude to the new Professor. As the old topic of the famed Valorian Diviner became the topic of conversation, Lelyna found herself frowning. It wasn’t that she didn’t want to talk about the woman who had supposedly caused the war between the two countries, it was that everyone seemed to bring it up with a new lesson or new year. Releasing a small sigh, Lelyna frowned when none of her classmates spoke up.

Knowing it was up to her, she raised her hand slightly before speaking. “You are referring to the female Diviner who was said to have conversed with the Gods themselves. She was said to have spoken with the Gods and gained their favor, offering the King of Valor her advice on how to run the Kingdom so that it might prosper. Some believe that this woman was actually the Queen of Valor, others say a Princess or just a regular citizen. In any case, at first, the Valorian King was skeptical of her claims, but when he eventually took her advice and her predictions came true. Thus, the King took her into his service and followed all of her advice, allowing the Kingdom to prosper and grow.” Lelyna explained.

“From there, history gets a little hazy. According to Valorian history, Trendel requested aid and the King, wanting to provide support for his ally, sent the Diviner to help them with their failing crops and the famine that was threatening to decimate the population. Accoridng to Valeorians, the Diviner’s advice was heeded, but the results were not enough to help Trendel avoid the famine completely, thus leading to countless deaths and then, the resulting plague that further decimated the population. Valorians saw it as a horrible twist of fate, but one that could not have been helped. Meanwhile, Trendel saw it as a blatant act of betrayal.” There were always more than one side to any story, especially a history as old as this one.

“Trendel claimed that the Diviner had purposefully given them the wrong advice, seeking to purposefully cripple them as a nation. They saw the horrible outcome as an act of war, and thus, the war between Valor and Trendel began. It is uncertain if the Diviner could speak with the Gods. It is also uncertain if she was sent to purposefully sabotage the humanitarian efforts to aid Trendel, or if it was some cruel twist of fate. Either way, the war raged for several generations and animosity between Valor and Trendel, despite the peace treaty, remains until this day.”

Taking a small breath, Lelyna nodded slightly, as if satisfied with her answer. “I hope that answers your question, Professor.”

═══════════════════╝

Chelly Usagi

Voice of Aegis

Neryem

Raiyun

Lelyna Thaniels - [x]

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:17 am
Patrick Lockheart

Although he could understand Fiona's nervousness towards being put in the spotlight for answering questions, Rick was glad that someone finally spoke up as continuing silence would have meant he'd perhaps had to have taken a stab at the answer himself - although he'd learnt quite a bit about Diviners in General, his family had really tried to avoid speaking about the subject, preferring to keep the past as that and show the world that Diviners really weren't all that bad...

Glancing over at Lelyna, Rick would listen to her words, noting that she and Kayl were once again sat together, he couldn't help but allow his gaze to wander at that point, noting Lelyna's fine scarf and wondering if perhaps the Fae he still swore he had seen might just be taking shelter there - it was a warm day, so it seemed a little strange to be wearing something as such.

Once Lelyna had finished speaking, Rick would momentarily glance down at Branwen who was still quite contentedly sat infront of the female Diviner before turning his gaze back towards the front of the class where Makoto was also listening to her reply.

The_littlest_dragonfly

Voice of Aegis

Raiyun

Neryem

Feeling: Better
OoC
""

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:53 pm
User Image

------------------------------------M A K O T OxxxA V I R E T T E
              ------▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Looking around the room, it appeared the very few people here were not much of social people in class. Oh, the great irony of being talkative when doing things of their own time and yet, being so quiet when it came to their academics. In fact, the brown haired girl was slowly sinking into her seat and underneath the desk. Poor thing must be scared to death. I hope she can break that shy streak or she'll have a heart attack when i ask for her name. Makoto thought to himself. Leaning back on the desk behind him, the professor would continue to wait until somebody spoke up. Mentally counting down in his mind, he would simply hum to himself and waiting for either result to happen. 10...9... The orange haired boy from before would be much too busy with his thoughts to answer the question. Even if he could, he was exempt from doing so for the moment. 8...7...6... Both raven haired people seemed pretty quiet themselves, despite one being somebody who would clearly know exactly how the story went word for word more or less. 5...4... Silence ruled the air, tension beginning to form as Makoto continued to hum a tune that he had been taught by an old friend. 3...2... The teacher's eyes shot up towards Lelyna as she began to speak.

To her credit, the female would recite the story word for word more or less. Without so much as a detail missing, Lelyna would finish her story as Makoto would stand from his position and smile at his students. "Correct again. See, that wasn't so bad, was it?" His focus came to Lelyna in general, slowly making his way near her as he addressed the class. "We all know the tale, or at least, I hope everyone does. Even back during the time of our ancestors, one raiment could mean the difference between success and failure, yet the story itself is something completely different. Diviners may not be held in such high regard as before, but nevertheless, use this tale not as proof of why Valor or Trendel was right or wrong in their actions, nor if it can be historically accurate. There exist only two people, if that, that could answer such a question and talking to them would require a shovel, a speaker for the dead, and a bulging coinpurse."

A brief pause as he gathered himself. "The woman in this tale of two kingdoms had a choice. With such a great power, she could have done many things with it. Instead of giving into such selfish desires, she opted to help a kingdom instead of herself. Perhaps she did mislead Trendel and cause them a plague of misery and woe. Besides my words being as honorable as the academy latrines at that point, you can see the results still." Makoto would then walk away and clap both hands together while wondering where he would go with this. Another moment before he spoke. "Maybe you know somebody close who is from a different kingdom, maybe right next to you in this very class. Would that mean, according to such a dark time for Trendel, that Valeorians should be met with hatred? The answer will be in your hands, my wonderful future Diviners. Carry yourself when the grace of this woman, aspire for a greator cause, and if fate deems it appropriate to lead us into the darkness, as one of my fellow colleagues would say, "The darker the night, the brighter the stars."

Returning to leaning to the desk, the professor would then offer a shrug and another cheeky grin. "But, that is just a hopeless romantic's take on the tale, one who needed to reach the minimum time before they can end class." He raised a finger while winking at his students, waving it from side-to-side. "One condition though. Each of you will need to turn in a short piece of homework. Write down your raiment buuuuuut meet with another student and write a short page on how they could interact with one another. One or two paragraphs will do. If you can't find anybody, come see me and I'll assist you. On that note, go talk among yourselves unless you want to see me."

Waving the students off, Makoto would slowly walk to Gannon and offer a wave, sitting down across from him while grinning at his lovely companion. "Hello, Gannon and Brageet. I'll have to remember to bring you a gift next time we meet. I wasn't expecting you two to come to class today."

Tala Maxwell

Voice of Aegis

Raiyun

The_littlest_dragonfly

Quote:

Quote:

MashaRum

Newbie Bunny

850 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

Raiyun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:01 pm
User Image
Kayl Ardrus De'Valaer

Probability || None

╔═══════════════════

As Lelyna stood, and told the tale, Kayl simply leaned back and listened to her words. Fairly common in her version, but very accurate in detail, Lelyna gave a flawless depiction of the Valorian account of the events that started the war. During this account, Kayl wondered if anyone not of Trendel even knew Trendel's version of the events that led to the war. It was fairly fairly different from Valor's take on the war. Although the Diviner was still prominent in the story, there were also other elements in their versions that led to the war, elements that were certainly questionable, which was a primary reason why it wasn't acknowledged and why Valor's version became the predominate one told.

When Lelyna finished speaking, their new professor addressed her answer and then shared her thoughts with the rest of the class as well. The new professor's words were a bit mangled, and she went off topic every now and then, but Kayl assumed it was simply the jitters since she was a new teacher in the class and it probably didn't help that their headmaster was in class observing as well. It wasn't until the new professor gave tham all a new class assignment for them to complete that Kayl sighed lightly with slight frustration. 'Of all the assignments she could have given...' Kayl thought with narrowed eyes as the teacher dismissed the class. Looking from one of his fellow students to the next, Kayl stood up and placed his cloak on his shoulders while looking down at Lelyna. "That was very well worded, sounded like it wasn't the first time you've reiterated this tale," Kayl said almost playfully before stepping in front of Lelyna's desk. "If you need an escort today, I'd be happy to walk with you, however I need to have a brief conversation with our new teacher first, if you'll excuse me," Kayl said before stepping away from Lelyna's desk and stepping over to where Makoto and Gannon were. Kayl again waved to the rest of the students in the class as they all started to get ready to leave for the day, offering a parting nod before turning his attention to his new teacher.

"Ms. Makoto, forgive me for intruding, but there is something I must discuss with you," Kayl said as he stood before her, looking down to meet her gaze as she was now sitting in the classroom. "If I may," Kayl said before pulling up a chair, and sitting next to Makoto, leaning in a bit so that he could speak in a lower volume. "Please forgive me Ms. Makoto, but I am unable to complete the assignment that you have given us," Kayl said with a bit of a sad indication on his face as he spoke in a low voice, hoping to keep what he had to say between him and his teacher. Looking up at Gannon for a moment, his eyes seemed to be a bit apprehensive, to a point that his lingering disappointment and possibly even shame was present enough for Gannon to see. "As my new teacher, I suppose this is something you'll need to know," He said as he looked for an approving sign from Gannon before looking back to Makoto and revealing his challenge. "The reason I cannot complete your assignment, is that I do not actually know what my raiment is... I have been working closely with both Lord Noble and my previous professor Ms Mehra for some time, but we have been unable to fully understand or figure it out," Kayl said while now looking to the ground, as if he was troubled or even possibly embarrassed by his plight. "So I must ask if I could receive an exemption from this assignment, as this is something that I do not wish anyone else to know..."

It was a simple request, and Kayl hoped Makoto would understand. Kayl already had permission to keep his situation under wraps by the headmaster of the school. None the less he received the assignment from his new teacher, and as a Noble of high standing Kayl had a strong disposition to keep diligent in his responsibilities, even if he did had a misstep here and there. Although he was a Noble of the highest prestige in Valor, Kayl kept his head lowered as a sign of humility and respect towards his teacher as he waited for his teacher to respond to his request.

═══════════════════╝

Diviner || Student

User Image

The_Littlest_Dragonfly

Oyehh

Chelly Usagi

Neryem

Voice of Aegis

Tala Maxwell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:06 pm

𝓕𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓪 𝓟𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓪𝓷𝓷𝓮

Relief filled the young timid girl when another student finally answered, describing the history of a female Diviner in great detail. Up until now, Fii wasn't exactly familiar with the story... As a child, her parents rather she went outside than sit down and listen to stories. Although she'd rather not risk being judged for not knowing such an important piece of history.

With a quiet sigh as the class came to a close... Fiona's thoughts turned to the assignment the Professor gave out. How would her Raimment work alongside someone elses..? Did she even know somebody that could take advantage of hers? Or even vice-versa? It's unlikely Jesse could do anything with it... And she didn't even know Rick's. After some thinking Fii rose from her seat. "Um... I-I'll see you in Music, Patrick..." Fiona gave the ginger boy a bow and walked over to Gannon and Professor Makoto, giving them a slight bow as well before taking her leave for the day.

~ Fiona left for Day Flip ~

Raiyun

Tala Maxwell

The_littlest_dragonfly

Neryem

Voice of Aegis

Interstellar Gekko

7,250 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Master Converter 500
  • Astral Veteran 100

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:33 am
User Image
╔═══════════════════

Gannon watched the class with an eagle eye. Makoto was doing well, taking the time to ask thought provoking questions while getting a feel for the class. He applauded the way Makoto openly stated that he would call upon students if no one volunteered answers that would benefit everyone. He knew that Makoto would take time to build a rapport with his students, but he couldn’t help but miss Elohari. Her air had been motherly, soothing and welcoming, whereas Makoto’s was a bit stricter, like stern older brother teaching his younger siblings all that he knew.

Knowing that everyone had their own style of teaching, he didn’t fault Makoto for this impression. Gannon hoped that Makoto would eventually loosen up and come to really know his students. As he assigned their first assignment, Gannon had to wonder how two students in particular would fair – Lelyna would need help writing it and Kayl…well Kayl was another story all together.

Nodding at Makoto as he approached, he offered him a small smile. “I didn’t mean to intrude, Makoto, I merely wanted to observe your first day and see that you had everything well in hand.” He said with reassurance. “You did well. A bit stiff perhaps, but that is to be expected the first few days on the job.” Looking up, Gannon caught sight of Kayl coming toward them, a look of concern and mild agitation on his face.

As Kayl spoke, he was amused to see that the boy thought Makoto was a female. He supposed that was the point, given the way that Makoto carried himself. Once seated with them, Kayl began to explain why the simple assignment would be extremely hard for him to complete. Gannon knew that Makoto had assigned it so that he could get to know the students a bit more, but Kayl was the wild card in the class. His circumstances were…different.

Seeing Kayl’s inquiring look, Gannon gave him a little nod as if to say, ‘proceed’. Gannon admired Kayl for revealing his secret to Makoto, is was something his teacher would need to know after all. However, the notion that Kayl should be exempt from the assignment didn’t sit well with him. Sooner or later, his fellow students would learn that he didn’t fully grasp what his raiment was. It was only a matter of when. Considering that students were often asked to demonstrate or talk about their raiments in class, Kayl’s secret would soon be revealed one way or another.

Glancing at Lelyna, who lingered in her seat waiting for Kayl, Gannon had to wonder if she was not the right person to pair him up with for the assignment. As there were only four students in the class, allowing Kayl to be exempt would leave Lelyna without a partner and that simply wasn’t fair to her or any other student that would be left for him to pair with. Frowning a little, Gannon looked to Makoto before he spoke.

“While the final decision lays with Makoto, I must voice my opinion on this, Kayl.” He stated evenly, taking on a stricter air than he normally did. Gannon took care to keep his voice low so they weren’t overheard, but he made sure Kayl, who kept his gaze down in a humbled manner, understood what he was saying.

“Given your situation, I know you are hesitant to let on that you are still trying to grasp the specifics of your raiment, Kayl. However, your secret will not stay a secret forever. It is with assignments such as these that you will be faced with speaking of your struggle. There is no shame in it. In fact, I believe that speaking with your fellow classmates is just the thing to help you.”

Kayl, being from a very power and influential family was likely unused to being found lacking in any way. He was used to control, but this was a life lesson he needed to learn – how to trust others. “Furthermore, you have been making progress during your private lessons. There is no reason why you cannot write about what you have learned these last few months. Also, allowing you to not participate would leave one of your classmates without a partner to complete their assignment.” Gannon said glancing toward Lelyna.

“That, in my eyes, is unacceptable. Besides, it is likely that you would likely pair with Lelyna, who in my experience is a very sweet and endearing young lady, whom I assure you, will not speak a word of your secret to anyone. I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to trust her – she certainly is no stranger to the struggles that come along with a raiment. I’m sure she would be happy to help in any way she can...” Kayl needed to open himself up a little, it might just be the key to him learning more about his raiment and himself.

“In fact, given your recent attendance, or lack thereof, I think participating in this assignment should be mandatory. You already face reprimand for your missed classes, and I see no reason to let you miss more assignments when you have missed several already.” He stated firmly, looking Kayl squarely in the eye.

“But, like I said, this decision is in the hands of your new teacher.” Having said his peace, he hoped that Makoto had listened well and garnered a few helpful pieces of information from the interaction over all. Gannon suspected that Kayl would be upset with him, but that was too bad. As the Head Court Mage of the Academy, it was his job to be a bit harder on the students and to guide them in the right direction, so they could master their raiments…

═══════════════════╝

Court Mage || Gannon Noble

Voice of Aegis

Neryem

Tala Maxwell

Raiyun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:44 am
User Image
╔═══════════════════

Lelyna was pleased that their new teacher found her answer satisfactory. She had given this same explanation several times over the years and it rarely changed. She was well aware that Trendel’s version was much more malicious, but then again, they believed they’d been purposefully led toward decimation, so why wouldn’t their version of history be a bit darker? In any case, Lelyna was pleased that Makoto was ending the class and giving them their assignment. Gently petting Branwen, she felt the lovely raven shift, as if getting ready to fly back to Rick.

“Thank you for keeping me company, Branwen.” She said with a smile before the raven could fly away without a goodbye. Listening to her fellow classmates shuffle about, she waited for Kayl to rise. His compliment pleased her and she smiled up at him. “Thank you Kayl, and you are right, it wasn’t the first time Ive had to offer the answer in a diviner class.” But considering that it was her final year at the Academy, she hoped it was the last time she’d have to give it.

She’d been about to get up when she heard Kayl’s offer to escort her out. Nodding a little, she remained in her seat. “Of course, take your time.” Lelyna had planned on meeting up with Eryli, but if her class hadn’t yet been dismissed, then maybe Kayl would be kind enough to escort her to the Elementor class instead.

While Lelyna was sitting a good distance away, her acute hearing picked up on the conversation between Kayl, Makoto and Gannon rather easily. She was surprised to hear Kayl’s hushed tone as he spoke with their new Professor and had to wonder what he would have to whisper about. It was only when he began explaining that he didn’t know the specifics of his own powers that Lelyna felt a jolt of surprise move through her. Kayl didn’t know about his raiment?

Thinking back over the past weeks since she’d met Kayl, Lelyna began to realize that Kayl never spoke of his power or what he could do. Lelyna had assumed that he was just a private person, or that he hadn’t want to brag about his powers. While this seemed to be true, she had to wonder if, despite being friends, if he ever would have confided his secret in her.

Despite Kayl’s request, Gannon spoke firmly, pointing out that Kayl needed to trust in his classmates and reveal his secret for his own good. While Lelyna didn’t fully agree, she knew full well that if Kayl chose to confide in her, she would never break his confidence, just as Gannon had stated. Seated silently, listening in on the conversation she knew she wasn’t supposed to be privy to, she waited to hear what Makoto would decide to do. Either way, she would try to help her friend in any way she could.

═══════════════════╝

Voice of Aegis

Neryem

Chelly Usagi

Tala Maxwell

Raiyun

Lelyna Thaniels - [x]

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:07 pm
Patrick Lockheart

Rick wasn't sure he liked the idea of homework, but guessed it was the tutor's way of getting a feel for her students? It was fascinating listening to the tale of the two kingdoms - especially as the story had been withheld from his knowledge for so long, that and he hadn't really thought about reading up on the History of the War. He couldn't help but wonder what Trendel's side of the tale would be and made a note to perhaps visit the Library on his next free day to find out.

"Music, Yes," Ideally Rick should have been attending his Combat Class, but as he'd missed out on his previous lesson, it made sense to perhaps drop by and catch up on what had happened during his absence. "See you later, Fiona," he would smile as she bowed, nodding his head in acknowledgement before putting away his things and rising from his seat.

"Pleasure," Branwen had turned her gaze as she saw Rick make a move to leave and rose to her feet, turning round and bowing before hopping to the edge of the desk and gliding over to land upon Rick's shoulder. The male smiled as she landed, casting a glance towards Lelyna before gently stroking the Raven's chest as he picked up his bag and moved for the door.

He kept his thoughts to himself as he overheard Kayl requesting an exemption from the assignment, he knew the guy had something in the way of abilities - he'd observed him outside in the training yard around the time of the Gala - he recalled in his mind how it had been snowing, but something had ceased any real progress towards anything and what Rick had witnessed may just have been down to physical attributes rather than his Raiment. Still, that was past and Kayl's business was his own.

Opening the door, he would pause to see if anyone else was taking their leave before allowing Branwen to fly on ahead, leading the way back to his Dorm Room where he planned to make an early start on his homework.

[~ Rick Leaves the Diviner Classroom ~]

The_littlest_dragonfly

Voice of Aegis

Raiyun

Neryem

Feeling: Content
OoC I can't quite remember what drew Kayl away but pleh...lol*
""

Grand Academy of Eoana ➣Classrooms

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]