Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
The Spooky Clutch Touching: Trick or Treat! Open! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:11 pm
That poor little thing. It was in such pain. She sent it all her best, but was swiftly on her way. The exhausting pain and depression were too much. Slowly, she traced her path again, before kneeling beside Djinn and placing her hand on the cloudy shell. This one, she could tell was popular. Honestly? She was still so nervous. All the eggs, so much going on....what else was there to do? I hope you're enjoying everything. There's so much going on...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:13 pm
Aw, how kind an offer! Haizea smiled brightly and dipped her head to the Djinn, patting the shell ever so gently. “That’s good to hear. Thank you, but I’m afraid I must move along. Best of luck to you!” She rose to her feet at the proclamation involving the Banshee. Duly noted, give Vimiath a wide berth. Sidling away from the Djinn, the girl made her way to squat next to The Goblin egg. “How goes? Quite an exciting day, huh?”  

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:24 pm
Jagmund

The Candidate watched as Vimiath moved the Banshee egg away and cuddled with it. So, it was that egg causing the upset over there? He still got the impression that the howling was still happening, however, so he decided to stay with the Gargoyle for a few minutes more.

I don't mind dramatics, at the right place and time, he thought to the egg with a mental grin. Jagmund decided to sit on the sand, which was quite warm and would have him sweating shortly, but he didn't mind. A chance to rest was a chance to rest. But you don't want to get too crazy, you know?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:16 pm
Ryala

The redheaded girl sighed. In all honesty, she felt bad for the wailing Banshee too... but she felt helpless. How does one comfort an egg? Besides, looking over, she realized that a number of people had gathered around it...

And Vimiath was coming over to help, as well.

Oh.

My.

Though Ryala has certainly known that golds were the largest, be they flit, dragon, or wher, she had never really considered just how great the queen dragons could be. And now, there was one standing practically next to her, holding the egg of her crying child. Thankfully, she didn't seem to want the Candidates to leave... if anything, she seemed to encourage them to continue trying to help the poor being within the egg. However, it seemed to her that there were enough already engrossed in that task... perhaps she should give it some space.

Turning her attention back to the Gargoyle egg, Ryala silently apologized for allowing her attention to wander. However, it was rather difficult to ignore the egg's mother. Standing there another moment, she allowed herself to just be. Then, knowing the consequences if she tarried too long, Ryala moved on.

Her next stop was the Siren egg. Reaching out, she gently touched the light pink shell which had already seemed to attract so many visitors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ladellan

Del smiled. Destined for greatness, and with a charming demeanor! Oh, he would be watching to see this one hatch, for sure! But for now, he must give others the opportunity to learn of the awesome power within this one.

Moving on, he considered stopping at the Mummy egg, but chose not to. From what he could see, it was possible that the occupant didn't want to be disturbed. Leaving it in peace, he went instead to the Hunter egg. With his hand on the shell, he wondered if this one would be interested in a hunting companion... and what they might be hunting for.  

Ryala

Blessed Mage

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:00 pm
Mx Cherie

The Demon
The egg would regard Cesare with interest. Why hello there... My, my, who might you be? The egg reached out with its power, investigating the other, and hoping to draw them near. What secrets do you have to tell the Demon? What goals do you hope to achieve while here? What sets you apart from all the rest?

tatterpixie

Frankenstein's Monster
The bright egg would continue to twitch and shudder, but Phayton's words, and the desire to protect the other Candidate was not lost on the egg. It calmed it's twitching to a tremble, but its anxiety did not lessen. No one seemed to understand.... No one seems to know its pain! AND IT IS IN PAIN! The egg itself would radiate a mix of irritation and grief, it's stress slowly growing.

DaisyMilk

Frankenstein's Monster
While the egg appreciated Lissa's attempts to comfort, the egg was horrified when the girl mentioned smacking the Werewolf. WHAT!??! Immediately, the egg's anxiousness turned into rage. With a push of force, the egg sent its wrath directly to Lissa. What is so wrong with acting loudly, or strongly, or with true passion!? YOU WILL DO NOTHING OF THE SORT, DON'T YOU DARE!! LET THEM BE LOUD!! LET THEM BE LOUD! It was all but a roar, and its anger was immediate.

Werewolf Egg
Awooooooo! Awooooo -- Huh? The egg looked startle as Esfir interrupted its song, and instead started asking it to quiet down. If an egg could blush, it would have done so. Why was it wrong to do that? It was just having fun. The joy and pleasure that had radiated so purely from the egg suddenly stopped, and a new feeling could be felt. Was it shame? Embarrassment? Rage? It was difficult to say....

ShinosBee

The Wraith
The egg gave a featherlight touch back to Dolmar, before drifting away again. It was aware enough to know when it was unwanted.

But for Falienn, the touch lingered a moment, almost like a silken caress. Hmmm? What's so terrible? . . . and what's that noise? The egg would almost give a shuddering, heavy sigh, before it drifted away again, back into its slumber.

Thaliawen

The Wraith
What was going on? Mari-what? Am I a Marin-- And with a tender, ghost of a touch, the feeling would die as quickly as it came. This egg simply couldn't focus on much for long.

Nilah44

Frankenstein's Monster
ANGER! RAGE! DON'T YOU DARE LAY A FINGER ON THE WEREWOLF!! In fact, the egg all but smacked at the girl who was caught in the cross-fire of its raging defense of its clutchsib.

Hattaki

The Ghoul
HE LEFT ME! He left without me saying so! He left, he left, he left, HE LEFT! How terribly wretched of him! I DIDN'T SAY COULD GO! I DIDN'T SAY HE COULD GO! THAT MONSTER LEFT ME WHEN I TOLD HIM TO WAIT! Poor Amra would be told the sob-story from the egg who didn't seem to be paying a lick of attention to the going-ons around it. All it knew was it was hungry, and angry, and some bad Candidate had left it before giving it its proper due! ALL IT HAD WANTED WAS FOR IT TO WAIT!!! Life was hard for the little egg and all it wanted was some comfort. Could Amra give it?

Waiver

The Mummy
The egg would turn towards Gavryl, slowly, as if to study the other. HMPH! What can these alleged authorities do? If none here are worth its time than its a deficiency that has no cure. Brains can't simply be purchased or gained within a few sevendays time. And with a dismissive snort, the egg would fall quiet again.

Meepfur

The Demon
I want to know them all. Every last one. The dark ones, the juicy ones, the ever-day-poison that sprinkles your mind. What won't you tell anyone else, that you might share with me? Tell me -- the Demon is listening.

The Werewolf
The Werewolf took itself to a dangerous pout, even with Rio's attempted howling. . . . well. Fine then. If no one wants to play than it will simply leave them all be. Better be careful -- it won't forget. If they love silence so much, than it will give them all just that, or so the egg seems to growl.

And so, the Werewolf cut off its connection to an surrounding it. Game. Over.

Shaddaling

The Werewolf
.... silence, except for a threatening rumble beneath Yevelee's hand. Maybe now isn't a good time.

Smerdle

The Werewolf
The little awoo would almost cause the Werewolf to brighten before it would slip back into its mood. There are no awoo's here today. Try again later. Growl.

'magnadearel"

The Wraith
Like a delicate snowflake, the touch would be gentle, fragile. So many things happening, so much to do. What is even-- and then it would fade away, like the last bit of sunlight on a winter's evening.

BastetAmun

Frankenstein's Monster
Henwas' touch would not just get smacked away -- but the egg would practically roar at him. AND IF YOU DARE TO TOUCH THAT EGG SO HELP YOU WILL RIP YOU LIMB FROM LIMB!

Whether or not this was meant entirely for Henwas, or any of the others touching the egg, it as a little hard to say. But this egg was mad and its rage was only growing! Those surrounding it might find themselves growing angry, too.

The Demon
The Demon would turn its gaze upon Huarwar, and reach out to envelop the other with its power. Why hello there, stranger... If an egg could purr, it would. Tell me, what are you wishes, your desires, your wants? What are your secrets, and how might I help? I think you could use my help...don't you? A little power all your own, perhaps?

SilverLutz

The Hunter
The egg would give Vennodren a long look, before deciding that the other had passed its test. Yes, there is hope that it might calm itself, though The Hunter does wish it could protect the other from such pain. And maybe, just maybe, it would share its concerns with the other Candidate -- a small brush of worry, but shrouded in strength all the same. All would be well soon.

Mewsings of An Angel

Frankenstein's Monster
Rage. Anger. Wrath. The emotions were building, and the egg trembled and shook in its emotions. NO ONE WAS GOING TO TOUCH THE WEREWOLF! NO ONE WAS GOING TO MAKE THE BANSHEE FEEL WORSE!! NO ONE! JUST WAIT! JUST WAIT UNTIL IT WAS FREE! IT WOULD REMEMBER ALL OF YOU AND YOUR CRUELNESS!!

Once again, its rage and the anger it was sending out was growing in size,
and would affect any Candidates near.

Ryala

The Hunter
A hunting partner, hmm? Only if the prey they take down is the Enemy. Will Ladellen be prepared when the time comes, or will he be idle? Does he wish to be the savior or Pern, or is he waiting on a hero instead?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:09 pm
        Laelia grinned as she received such a positive response from the Werewolf egg - she wished she could spend more time with it, but there were so many other eggs she had to touch. She softly thanked it for its time, hoping that they'd still be kindred spirits once it hatched, and moved onto her next egg. But before she had a chance to, it seemed that everyone was being drawn to the Banshee egg, before Vimiath promptly snatched it up and moved it aside. Laelia was a bit relieved that she hadn't gotten herself caught up in that little bit of dramatics.

Right next to the Werewolf was an egg of slightly larger stature, the Hellhound. It had been howling a moment ago, but seemed to have stopped. It gave off a very, well, present presence, and she wondered if it would be as friendly as its neighbor. "I hope you're enjoying all this attention," she said to it. She felt she could easily fall into a rhythm, with all this egg-touching. Assume something based on the shell, and the feeling she got, and move on. Right? "Your shell almost seems like it's glowing. I bet you have an appropriately glowing personality." She grinned to show her well-meaning.

----

Saimwen was still stuck on The Demon, so much so that he barely heard any of the commotion that was going on around him. He really felt drawn to this one, and it was asking him questions. He knew he wasn't supposed to linger but, surely, a few more moments wouldn't hurt? "I don't know if I deserve anything," he said, laughing a bit breathlessly. He must have been more surprised by the whole ordeal than he realized. "Are you saying you're the best? In which case, that means that you should also receive the best. I don't know if I'm that. But when the day is done... I guess I just want to be proud of who I am."

Well, he was being incredibly raw with an egg, that he had only just met, nonetheless! He wasn't even this open with Marinel. His eyes wandered over to his fellow Candidate, who was bustling around with what appeared to be his twin brother, paying no heed to the person who had only been his childhood friend. He blushed a little, and immediately regretted having that thought while his hand was still on an egg.

----

Dharzol felt a bit of relief at the reassurance from the Gargoyle that his secrets would not be displayed for all to see. But he felt a bit of unease, too (probably from all the Banshee commotion, which was happening right next to him), and felt it might be time to move on. Instead, he lay his hands on the Angel egg. Maybe his problem was tha the was gravitating towards eggs with more ominous energies. This energy was not ominous, but boy, was it stuck-up. He couldn't help but chuckle a little. "I bet you already know all about me, hmm? And do you have anything to say about it, as well?"

smolderingskies

Adorable Autobiographer

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:12 pm

What makes me different? Cesare asked, a hint of a smirk tugging at his lips. I am not yours to play with. He was, however, intrigued by the dragonet within, and so he deigned to give it a little bit of what it wanted. And my ambitions are my own. The smirk came into its own, curving his lips sharply. He let the egg see a little of that, before pulling the curtains. He was not a tool, not for this beast. What a fascinating creature.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:20 pm
Shaddaling

Lost in thought, Nora looked up in surprise when he was addressed. The person he saw was unfamiliar to him, having become accustomed to everybody at Western, even some of the people from the near-by holds popping in now and then. "Oh... No, my brother's probably still back at home with our mother, learning the healing trade from her. Just watching, today." He shifted, getting up to join the other man. Offering his hand, he said, "Norathoman, one of the healers for Western Weyr. What all candidates are in from High Reaches?" Some were new for Western, their faces yet unknown to the healer. In time, though, he'd know theirs as well as anybody else's.

The healer suddenly jerked back from the direction of the sands, covering his head at the werewolf egg's howl. "Shards but that was loud!" Well, loud enough. The problem was more that it had startled him.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:26 pm
The Hunter was another less social egg, but Venn didn't mind. He'd respect those that wanted their space, of course, and the more excitable ones he tended to move on quickly from just so he didn't rile them up too much. Eggs like this one, though, generally got him lingering a bit. And now that things seemed to be getting heated over on the Sands near some of the other eggs Venn wasn't sure moving closer to them would be a good idea. A little surge of worry caused him to brush his thumb over the shell of the egg as he turned his attention back to it as well, hoping that the other Candidates would get the message and back off from the eggs that were in distress.

"Confident in that, aren't you?" he murmured softly, a little smile on his face as he felt the dragon's resolution despite its worry for its clutchmates. The vibes that were being given off were mostly ones of confidence and protection, but that little wavering worry underneath it all was certainly there.

"But it's all right to have worries," he added to the Hunter. "Especially about those you care for." He knew that siblings could share incredibly strong bonds even before they were born, both in dragon and human kind, and he wasn't about to denounce any feelings an unborn dragon might have.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:29 pm
Ladellan

Now, this was promising. The Hunter egg seemed to be ready to take on any foe, to save the day! A noble quest indeed! As any who knew him could testify, Del was no slouch either. Until just the other day, he'd still hoped to become a guardsmen. Coming here, for the chance to Impress, to help everyone... this was a much better opportunity. No, when the day came that he needed to fight, he would be right there, getting the job done.  

Ryala

Blessed Mage

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:38 pm
There seemed to be quite a bit of drama going on in the front half of the clutch. Rinis was very glad she was in the back of the clutch. She crouched down to hide behind wraith as the gold removed one of her eggs from the group. In case it wasn't obvious they weren't welcomed to touch that dark blue eggs anymore, Talela informed them it was off limits. No problems from her!

A faint touch at the back of her mind caught her attention as the gold lay down once more out of the way. It was so indistinct that she had to focus completely on the egg. What is even.... what? It was gone. She wanted to ask, but she wouldn't pry. Maybe Wraith would tell her once it'd hatched. Rinis patted it a farewell for now. A step away was the Ghoul Egg She moved her hand from the pale blue shell to its companion dark pink.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:41 pm
Miach (HR)

Miach had felt the dragonet inside the Banshee Egg seemingly cling to her briefly before Vimiath snatched it away to comfort it. Her heart still ached for the egg, but knew that it's mother would be able to calm it and care for it in ways she couldn't right now. Maybe sometime later she could give it some comfort and love. With that in mind Miach turned to the other eggs and set her sights on the Hellhound Egg. It's outer shell was a florescent green but still very pleasing to the eye. In all honesty, it seemed as though all the eggs were made to draw the eye of candidates much like a flower to a bee. However, whether the egg responded kindly to the candidates was of course up to the dragonet inside.

"H-hello." She said softly, her heart still aching at the Banshee's pain. "I'm Miach and I've come very far to meet you and your siblings." She said, placing her hands on the egg. This was her first touching and while she had been a candidate during the time of their mother's flight, it was only by days apparently that she had managed that. There was still so much for her to learn. How to talk to eggs for example was one of them. Truthfully, Miach was trying to put her best self forward. When meeting new people Miach was very quiet and would not talk often amongst them. The eggs, however, for the most part had allowed her to allow her inner thoughts come out a bit more then they would have ordinarily. The Hunter Egg had helped with that upon her arrival as well. "Y-y-you seem to be a very b-b--right, alluring egg." She said shakily. Miach smiled as she looked over the egg. "I wonder what you enjoy." She trailed off, trying to figure out the egg.

Kambri (W)

Kambri let a grin so large stretch across his face that he surely would make the other candidates around him laugh. The Siren Egg had tried to comfort it's sibling much like the other eggs had, but with song. The haunting tune may not have been the best way to calm it down as it had appeared to be overwhelmed with the candidate touches. "You are such a sweet dragonet, beautiful." He cooed, rubbing the egg as if to say good job. "Maybe one day you will see Black Sands. Whether with me or someone else." He laughed, turning his attention to some of the other eggs. "I think I'll go see what's irritating some of your siblings. Goodbye for now beautiful." He added with one last caress.

Kambri had noticed distinctly that several of the nearby eggs were very upset and in need of comfort, or anything other than what they appeared to be getting. What was going on? Kambri didn't much like the emotions be shared to him by the eggs as a result of whatever had happened--anger being the primary emotion. Kambri decided to visit the egg that was projecting it, the Frankenstein's Monster Egg. "Hello there little one." He offered before immediately rubbing the egg in way of a embracing hug--the best he could do with some of the other candidates still around it. "Are you angry? What happened to make you angry?" He asked, sounding to himself a bit like his mother when he was having a bad day. She would hug him, stroke his hair and make him tell her what was wrong and then gently rock him back and forth. The image of her made him smile and his eyes sparkled as he looked at the egg with a blush on his cheeks in slight embarrassment for possibly having shared that with the egg. "Can I help? Maybe a cuddle?" He offered.

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:20 pm
The Werewolf's silence was startling following its outburst, and Oerlen sent what he hoped was reassurance at the creature as he stood again, watching Vimiath shift her distressed child from the busiest section of the sands. No more awoo's. He wasn't going to pretend he wasn't disappointed, but he was also pretty sure that crowding the dark little egg wasn't going to help anything at this point.

He moved away from the sudden anger issuing from Frankenstein's Monster, backing up until he was near the Wraith Egg. Oer pressed both hands to its side, its sleepy calmness an interesting contrast to its chastened sibling.

You've got the right idea, dear. I hope we're providing a little entertainment, at least?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:25 pm
Faren chuckled, remembering a similar event at the last hatching she'd stood at. The egg had been more playful in intent than seeking to thank someone just for noticing it, but it had particularly upset the gold Uridith, overseeing her clutch. "Noo, you have to stay put. Mother knows what's best for you, okay?" She smiled, gingerly rolling the little egg back into place and building up the sand nest around it, careful not to hide the pretty shell. "I'll stick around a little, how's that sound, then, hmm?" She smiled, crossing her legs and moving closer to the egg some to softly trace the stripes on the shell. "You and your siblings seem so genteel, so far. I imagine some interesting personalities, when we all get to meet you."

She glanced up at the nearer gold, to make sure she wasn't overstepping any bounds, and that she'd put the egg back to rights. The last thing she wanted to do as a visitor was upset the residing gold. A cringe rocked her form at the howl, but the sound was just so... happy, it made her smile. "Don't you fret. There will be plenty of attention for all of you soon." She stroked the egg gingerly, as if to reassure it that she planned to be a presence at the hatching, whether she walked away alone again or found her missing fragment of soul.  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:47 pm
-----------------------------------------Dolmar-----------------------------------------

Wraith's dismissal was almost entirely missed, as Dolmar watched with a keen eye all those coming and going from Vampire and Demon's sides. Both eggs had called to him, and both he'd felt the need to return to. Long before Marinel seemed ready to move on, he'd let his hand drop from the blueish egg to rest atop one hip. He could still feel the faint presence of Demon's scrutiny, but Vampire had just been oh so deliciously tempting. Before he knew what he was doing, he'd caught hold of Marinel's arm, leading him back towards the creamy egg. A last minute glance to the left at Demon was all that kept him from returning to Vampire. He still hadn't decided which he favored of those two yet.

Which left he and his twin instead gathered around Mummy, and with a mind-clearing breath, he shoved away the twin temptations of the larger eggs. He still had a duty to do, and even if the crimson egg was a bit smaller than those that had initially drawn him, he would not stoop so far as to withhold his attentions from it. He let a hand rest at the very crown of the egg, cupping the rounded tip and letting his fingers fold in a firm but gentle grip around it. His mental touch was confident and sure, inviting the egg to inspect him without a hint of hesitation or worry. The positive reception of the other eggs had only boosted his pride, and it left him feeling particularly welcoming, ready to mentally peacock for any egg he'd deemed worth his and his brother's time.

"What do you think of this one, Marinel? The last seemed rather quiet, too sleepy, perhaps, to get a good read on."

Thaliawen

-----------------------------------------Jacquol-----------------------------------------

Jacquol had honestly been a beat from giving up her attempt to sooth the egg when the mother once again dove in to arrest the situation. Up and away went the little blue egg, leaving the girl feeling somewhat relieved, if a bit baffled and off balance. She hoped she hadn't upset it too much...little thing needed a hide as tough as its shell. Ah well. That left her hands conspicuously unfilled, and she was here to touch some eggs! A ripple of chaos had broken out. Who knew eggs could be so loud? And wobbly...Frankenstein was fairly close, and she felt a surge of irritation at all the ruckus. Sheesh! With delicate little dragonets like this, none of them might fit the life of a pirate! She pointedly turned away from the rowdy eggs, feeling the anger slacken as she crossed to The Hunter, and all the while clueless that it had been Frankenstein all along that was making her so unhappy.

All way over here on your own, huh? I get that. Bit of an outsider m'self! No worries though. You're just charting your own course, ay? She patted the brownish shell with a slowly cooling mood flowing through her.

-----------------------------------------Falienn-----------------------------------------

Hey now, hey. Wraith wasn't so bad, not at all. Finally he'd found the 'good' side of the clutch, apparently. Oblivious to the Ghoul's tantrum over his departure, Falienn spent another long moment with a hand atop Wraith, just in case it roused to meet him again. Sleepy fellow. He could respect that. Lounging was an excellent pastime.

Of course, the boy's spurt of luck wasn't to last. Werewolf was the next on his list of eggs to get to, and though Wraith had improved his mood, his heart still wasn't really in it. A tentative mental prod slipped out as he traced the line of the moon shape on the egg's side. Not bad looking, for a little egg. Almost romantic, if you were into that sort of thing. The urge to put a hand on Hellhound at the same time was strong, but he couldn't remember if that was a rule or not. Not that he really cared but...well. One was enough for now.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff