Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[ORP] Heroes & Villains: The Double Clutch Hatching Feast Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:47 pm
User ImageMirce of White Ocypoth

In truth she would have been happy as a spiderclaw to stay hidden away from the crowds, tucked inside her weyr beneath a mound of blankets and listening to the uproar from afar. She could have lived it vicariously through the stories Ocypoth would tell her (he'd gone as soon as he was able, the social mama's boy that he was), but he'd beckoned her to come as soon as he'd noticed all the little whites running around.

And so she was there, dressed in clothing that she felt didn't suit her too much despite the outfit having been made almost specifically for her. It'd been a gift from Wa'ren, perhaps meant to spoil the teen to make up for time lost, and the skirts swept about her ankles as she hurried out of the cold and into the warmth of the hall. As she walked among the people she kept her eyes down, not wanting to cause an issue. There were many here she believed didn't like her (or that she didn't know) and with so many babies about she'd need to be careful. Her intent was pure, naturally, and so it was no surprise that she walked into someone.

Her efforts of keeping herself barely visible having failed, the little whiterider stammered out as much of an apology to the lovely woman before her as she could. "S. I wasn't... Attention." The words were fragmented as she balled her hands against the fabric of her dress, all the while never once raising her head. She knew the woman to be a greenrider, though her name escaped her at the moment. Ef....eff....oh, this made it even more awkward.

Meepfur
hope this is okay!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:26 pm
Ash'il and Iptoneth

Ash'il noticed his youngest brother heading over to him, it seemed someone must have convinced him to come too. Knowing his family, it could be any of them, it would be interesting to see who decided to make sure Ionan came. Once the younger boy made it to him, he soon had his answer, of course T'rel had. He gave a soft nod of his head, to let him know that he was more than welcome to stay here with him. They could commiserate being made to come her together.

"I wasn't too keen on coming either, but Mom decided I should get out and mingle. So seems our family decided to make us both do so, huh?"he spoke with a smile to his brother.

I will make sure Monath knows, since she was asking what members of the family were here,Iptoneth thought to his rider, before doing so.

Thaliawen

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:21 am
El'k of Blue Aonanith

Like an overturned tortoise, it took Aonanith a couple of seconds longer than normal to wriggle and figure how he ought to go about righting himself and getting back onto his feet. Looking at Eith, Phaeth and Therinth, he took a few steps back at their words, his eyes a deeper shade of yellow at the reproach that he observed from their words and actions. So it was all a misunderstanding on his part and no one was happy about the trouble that he had inadvertently caused as a result of it.

If you say so... He made no attempt at disguising the deflated tone in his voice, staying still for the scratch that Andrestia was giving him before backing up a little more to consider his escape route. He should go... he wasn't welcomed here. Not after that mess he created...

Lifting a hand to wave back at Andrestia, El'k gave a small frown at what he was sensing from Aonanith. Did something bad happen during the short time that the little Blue left his side? Aonanith? Is everything alright..?

stella cinere

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:18 pm
L'rul of Taralth
The man's smile only grew when the blond brushed back a bit of her hair, and let her fingers brush against his own. Alumet was certainly a bit of a spitfire, or so the rumor went. She was no spring wherry, certainly not, and certainly had a bit of a reputation among the Weyr. Oh, she was no man-eater like Zheria, whom L'rul didn't dare to chase, but she also was no shy violet like Sylfie, nor as conservative as Olliah. She was... Someone of interest to him, and it had nothing to do with the fact she had Impressed a gold.

Not really.

No, if he were interested in rising up the ranks, he'd set his eyes on Olliah, Lestenna, Vera, or even, perhaps, Caracath's rider. There were many younger ladies in the Weyr... Very few of them would ever likely be granted any real place of power. But L'rul didn't really want power..at least not like some in his ranks. No, Wingsecond was about as good a position as he desired. The title wasn't as prestigious as a Wingleader, but it certainly gave him a little bit more freedom and nicer amenities than simply being a wingrider. A larger weyr, access to a more private bathing chamber, closer to the kitchens and dining hall, a bit more clout...

In this case, it was expected he socialize and mingle, and he planned on taking full advantage of such an expectation.

At the woman's words, he arched a brow but gave a small laugh. "Honestly, if you thinking a few pretty words and a glass of wine makes me the charming sort, then I'd say you've been sorely neglected. At least on that front." His words were light and teasing, not meant to wound or cut. He didn't know much about her besides what rumors he'd heard but tonight seemed like a good night to at least talk.

"Well, it is an honor then," he spoke sincerely, giving her another dip of his head. "Well, I was hoping we might better get to know one another, and if nothing else, take you out for a dance or two? You seemed to be without an adoring entourage, and I have no date... It seemed too nice an arrangement to pass up." It was quite true. As a Wingsecond he was expected to mingle, and he was certain it was true of the blond woman before him. Perhaps they might take care of such a duty together... and see where the night went.

L'rul had no expectations, really, but he did have a weakness for a pretty face.
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

User ImageZyamel & Venandith

"I suppose the Harper Hall owes us a debt of gratitude," she mused, eyes twinkling with delight. "We've given them enough inspiration to last at least the next Turn. I'll be sure to get one of the weyrsinger's to perform the first Ode to Martirae the Magnificent as soon as it's written." She promised, a wicked little smile clear upon her features. Whether or not it was entirely jest, well, they'd find out as soon as Harpers started finishing up their works.

Venandith glanced up and gave His a little nose. I think you meant Venandith the Magnificent. He stated, quite certain that his beloved simply made an honest mistake. The young dragonet did give a slightly plaintive creel for effect, and stood a bit closer to His.

"Don't worry, love," Zyamel stated, reaching down to let her hands run affectionately over the eyeridges and headknobs of her vain little brown. "For you, I'll get the Masters of the Hall themselves to write scores of music in your honor. We'll get your name as well known as Faranth's, eh?" The love that she felt for the other was almost overwhelming and consuming. How could she adore something this much? She had never truly thought she'd lacked love despite growing up mostly as a weyrbrat and yet.... With Venandith, as arrogant a beast as he was, his love for her was quite true. If he wanted music, she'd rent out the entire Harper Hall.

With Venandith now contented, the girl looked back at Martirae. "Oh, I have no doubt V'mel will put them all through their paces," she gave a firm nod. "I haven't seen a weyrling yet he couldn't mold into shape." She stated proudly.
Not because he was her father but because, as far as Zyamel was concerned, he truly was the best of the best. "Though he's likely going to have his hands full with two clutches. A few of the folks I've seen already look like they'll need a bit of extra attention; and there were a few who came straight from the Stands. Hope they're prepared for what they'll be asked to do." Either they'd shape up or... not make it, as Martirae said. Probably for the best, after all. Though they had experienced loss at the Hatching, already it seemed far away... And there was a good shot it wouldn't be the last of it. Survival of the fittest.... Zyamel just hoped she'd see it through to graduation so she could truly come into her own and fight.

Where she'd thought that maybe she'd be cotented just to Impress, now that her future was secured, already she couldn't wait to begin her lessons and training. "Can't wait to get up there though," she confessed. If anything, having Venandith with her just made her all the more hungry. She was clearly gnawing at the bit. Flight wasn't taught for almost six months, and Between even longer. "Guess I'll have a lifetime to fight it though." She added with her usual confidence. Even if that wound up only being a few Turns, such as happened with Cheza.

"As for them," Zyamel spoke the word with clear derision, referring clearly to those who might lust after those with shiny hides, "I have no doubt they'll happily take you up on the challenge. Thankfully, I also have no doubt they have no clue who you are, or what I'm sure you're capable of!" She was relieved that Martirae seemed a capable sort. As much as Zyamel liked the idea of cutting a few down to size and to play hero to the damsels of the Weyr, she could also respect that Martirae was in no way, shape, or form a damsel in distress. A good pick, really. Another strong, spirited goldrider--far different from Nyaranau and Alumet, but entirely capable.

Even if Anakumath had been mocking the brow, the young hatchling wouldn't have cared. He had a fun way of hearing things the way he wanted to hear them, and thus, Anakumath's sincerity was genuinely appreciated. I am very generous, and it's nice of you to notice. He mused, eyes whirling bright blue with pleasure. Oh yes, he would remember Anakumath's charity, certainly. Not as much as I'd prefer, really. So many just don't know a good thing when they see it. Ah, but they'll learn. He would show them all someday who they over looked once he made a great name for himself. Until then, he'd soak up second-hand attention by lingering near those who seemed to draw it...

A brown had to do what a brown had to do, after all.
demon_pachabel

[Eveleth, Fianth, Ce'rian & Cythereath, and others coming...tomorrow, probably. xD ]

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:09 am
Nicara & Diesteth

Though she and Roana had been together for months and months now she still couldn't help but flush as red as possible when she was complimented, especially given she knew the thoughts that ran through the redhead's mind when she was doing so. It wasn't in her girlfriend's nature to hold back on her thoughts and she often told her exactly what was on her mind. A chuckle escaped Nicara for a moment though, because she knew that her girlfriend wouldn't enjoy having to filter those sorts of thoughts out for the six or so months it took her beautiful little green to rise. "I couldn't help it since I was saving it for the Turn's End feast but.. this seemed the best time to wear it since you won't get to see that. And why would you want to? Now you have this beautiful little one to see to you won't need to think about Western for a long time." She had to direct any thoughts that might wander around in that beautiful red head to focus on her hatchling, so she bowed to the dragon before her. "It's an honor to meet you Ulendoth, I know that it's not completely a matter of choice so much as you knowing, but thank you so much for picking Ro."

Every word she spoke came with feelings of utmost respect and happiness, because even though she was upset that she wouldn't get to see Roana near as often, Nicara was overjoyed she found her partner so quickly and with no injury at all. No matter what she wanted deep in the silent parts of her heart her girlfriend would be a High Reaches dragonrider for many turns if she ever chose to even leave. Only time would see to that. But she would be magnificent and the bluerider could already tell this little green would help her along with that, to be the best. A smile spread over her face at Ulendoth's greeting but she didn't reach down to touch her even if she wanted to scratch her eye ridges fondly in response, the green was just a bit too new and needed to spend time focusing only on her new partner.

"Diesteth's going to be just thrilled to see you both." Her voice was a bit quieter as she spoke the second time, casting a glance over to where he rested in the shadows with other dragons that were watching the feast. Upon Roana's approach his yellow eyes swirled a brighter blue. Certainly he was saddened by her being so far away now but unlike Nicara he was more thrilled for her Impression. Fondly he blew warm air across her red hair and chuckled in her mind. Don't worry about her, she'll dive back into work but that egg was already cracked. I don't think she'll disappear into herself for very long. Even if she did, he would be there to pull her back out as he had when they'd been mostly alone. Just focus on your new dragon and don't worry about us. You'll do High Reaches proud, both of you. It seemed so long ago when he'd caught sight of the tall redhead back in Rivercrest but it had really only been a single turn and she had already found her dragon.

Sadness could wait until he was back on his own ledge, for now it was nothing but pride that he could feel and Diesteth brushed it over her as he wrapped one large wing around her fondly. It would be too long before he could do so again.

Sinders Path

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:07 pm
C'ryn and Bronze Aresoth

The praise and approving eye that was given to him by Eveleth had the younger bronze puff up with pride. To be praised by a Gold, especially the Queen of his Weyr, well it was quite the honor. He ducked his head down once more in a bow. It was only natural. To hear such words thrown towards you... He trailed off, everyone had felt the anger he had felt and now was the chance for a happier time, to focus on those young candidates that had impressed and would soon make the Weyr proud.

I am, thank you. Of course as he said this she was already speaking. Aresoth waited for what she would suggest, knowing she would arrange her entourage upon the ledge the way she wished. Whirling blue eyes moved to look over at the gold Eveleth had named and asked for him to keep company. She was very beautiful and as she spoke to Eveleth, curving her neck in a coy manner, Aresoth felt a fondness.

With an elegant stride over to Hesperith, Aresoth seated himself beside her, lifting his wing in offering to cover her and keep her warm. It causes no such imposition Hesperith. Spending this night with you would be a great honor to me.

The chaos of the kitchen might have shocked C'ryn before if he hadn't helped out there countless times while he had been a candidate. Nothing fancy just running to get things for the ladies who worked there. It didn't stop him from marveling at the efficiency that they worked at. They were just as well oiled as a Wing fighting against Thread.

Padmia's voice brought C'ryn out of his thoughts and he smiled at the woman, bowing slightly at his waist. "I'm not lost, I was actually hoping if you could do me a favor?" He knew stopping with those words might sound suspicious so he continued on. "Is there any chance you can give me some liquor that has a bit more...bite then the wine that's being served at the feast." He motioned to the plate of food he was carrying. "Enjoying the party isn't something that my friend is wanting to do, I was going to bring her this food and...well she specifically requested 'something to burn the hair off your chest.'."

Uta

Meepfur

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:14 pm
Kinyegele

"Oh, he definitely will be! Maybe he'll be as big as his father!" Kinye peered outside towards where the brown Kronoseth currently was visiting others from his clutch. Soon he and Rhianth would be on their way again, and who knew when their next chance to see the travelling pair would be. Soon, yes, but it also felt so far away.

S'lys seemed uncomfortable from what she could tell - or perhaps he was simply bad at being approached by near strangers while he lurked like a feline at the edge of things. No matter how much they smiled. "I think they'll give you a proper tour as part of your lessons. Mostly so you know where you're not allowed - there are places I haven't even been yet and I've lived here my whole life," she offered, hoping it was at least a helpful tidbit. "I think you'll settle in quickly."

While not downtrodden the least by her lack of success, Kinye still seemed to brighten at the vote of confidence. "Maybe! I'm still young, I could wait another ten turns and still have my chance. But I'd like it if you were right!"

zombeikid

----

Aryale

And here she had another hero come to rescue her! "Why hello!" Aryale greeted the unknown blue without even a hint of fear - being so safely Weyrborn and knowing he'd cause her no harm, she still made sure to layer on the gratitude with a few scritches around the neck and one eye ridge. "Clearly I should have thought my own rescue through before I jumped in to need one myself," Aryale rapped her knuckles against her head teasingly before relinquishing her actual rescue to Sophrosunth with what felt like a hug to an unknown dragon.

Nevidenth's upset being palpable enough that even she was being allowed to it, was met with an amused tilt of her head. "I want you to save all of that energy for helping Yura, okay? Then you can both come be my hero when you visit home," Aryale did her best to keep from sounding too downtrodden at the idea that would be a year away.

"Hmm. Maybe we'll find out big sis was the unlucky one all along and you'll have so much luck to compensate that you won't know what to do with it."

medigel

houllow

----
Danzik and Green Eosphoth
Wingsecond of Fire Storm

"Hessianth is headstrong and L'nik has taken a lot of it on himself this past year," Danzik seemed more amused by this notion than she should have been. It had taken a long time for him to grow into himself and she couldn't help but be proud that he'd once been such a little thing buried in the crook of an arm. "I'm certain Liat will have plenty of notes about them when they're finally assigned, but I can't help my opinions." While she never would have admitted it, she would have gone too soft if he was assigned to Fire Storm.

But Danzik wouldn't fault herself for trying to meet in the middle in what had felt like a comedy of errors and misunderstandings between family for so long.

Not feeling much like celebrating, then? Eosphoth inquired, though she understood too well why that was. This was less about celebrating the festivities, and more about Western making sure faces that were inclined to stay out of trouble were the ones being put forward.

And what they'd gotten were colors they didn't believe deserved the status they had.

Perhaps next time we will have a party somewhere warmer and with better moods all about.

Kyrieko

----

Martirae and Gold Anakumath

It was too late to not want any ballads or odes or poems or really any great (or mediocre) works written in her honor. Though I would think there are grander moments to write about now, Martirae admitted privately to Anakumath, tracing a hand lightly along one of those perfect little headknobs. "And here I was thinking you'd regale me with it yourself," she offered instead, to less private audiences and with much more humor.

"It sounds like you'll need to find him a personal Harper. One who can just watch him work all day," which perhaps would have suited all parties involved just fine. Zyamel rolled out such affectionate words so easily and so readily. Marty couldn't help but glance down towards Anakumath only to find the gold looking up at her with such sweet, unjudging, purples and blues. I already know. I need no songs, poetry, or great deeds, she assured. Martirae may not have been so versed in revealing her heart, but Anakumath had already seen it for what it was.

Martirae had always fancied the idea that a dragon would never choose someone who was absolutely bound to get them killed - though some impressions had really needled at that assumption strongly. "Those from the stands are in for a long haul, but if your Weyrlingmaster is as capable as it sounds," she'd really doubted any Weyr worth it's salt had a slouch in the position, after all, "He will know what odds and ends he needs to set them to for their and theirs sakes." If they pushed back, that would only be to their own detriment.

"Better to want to be up there and getting closer," there would be some in the opposite boat, tending to dragons they hadn't planned on impressing or having been so hold as to think Thread would never return and now being duty bound to something one had never wanted to do. "We'll blink and before we know it, there will be Wingleaders fighting over who gets such a strapping pair," even young, Venandith was already a fine looking brown and she had no doubt he'd only grow further into it.

There was a part of Marty, which reigned supreme over the rest of the multitude of thoughts she had about the new bond, that was ready to make an example out of any one who dared approach with any dark agenda. But a small golden foot touched against the side of her leg sent such thoughts scurrying away, if only to rest and prepare for when they were needed. "They will learn," if they thought her Western Heart a weakness to be preyed upon, she was prepared to disappoint all who came for it.

Venandith's plight was certainly one unique to Anakumath, who considered potential solutions carefully. Many of their clutchmates had begun to gather near the throng of parents, and she considered the gathering carefully. Would you prefer we go to the others? So many are gathered around our mothers and fathers, surely that would be a better spot....

That she was hoping for but a moment of her mother and father's time before they left certainly had no weight in the suggestion. That they would go and she would miss them.....Marty understood, resting her palm gently against her head without a word.

Uta

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:19 pm
Candidate Nalacko

She was picking her way shyly over, expecting to hang around the outskirts while the new riders talked. There seemed to be several around Zamistia at the moment. Nala smiled as she was promptly greeted, and moved closer with the wave. "Zamistia! Congrats on Impressing! I'm sorry if I forgot to stay something sooner." Had she mentioned it before the woman had left the group on the sands? Shards she couldn't remember now.

"I'm," she pauses a moment, but tried to cover it quickly. "I'm alright. What do you think of the feast? I don't think I've ever seen them lay out a spread like this before. I don't think I've been introduced to your handsome boy." Nala smiled at the young brown.

Dea and #Teddy#
Zamistia and Brown Nanuth

magnadearel

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:37 pm
Eveleth
The large, golden queen was pleased to have such a band of suitors this evening. For once, her eyes did not dance appreciatively off the forms of any Western males--they deserved no such honor, no matter how handsome they might appear. No, tonight the great gold was only too content to lay heavy favor upon those of her Weyr.

When a familiar figure appeared, the gold let her eyes whirl an appreciative blue-green. The gold often had a soft spot among her hearts for the males clever enough to catch her during her Flights, or ones that she purposefully chose. They were always just a bit more special. You are quite welcome, Aveth. Come, sit closer, so we might all enjoy the evening. Nestled between Siloth, Aveth, and others of her court certainly was what she wished during this night of celebration. Fianth was a splendor, as was Rhianth. I couldn't be prouder of my daughters. And that was quite true.

Where Rhianth and Fianth had both suffered insult and injury, Eveleth would not be displeased with the outcome. There were many strong dragons to fill up High Reaches Wings; all who would take their place as the best of the best. I am quite sure you'll see much of them in the coming days. All of you shall. She spoke to the group surrounding her.

Even the great gold had a soft spot for the young.

Her eyes traveled over to Aresoth & Hesperith, and she gave a hum of approval. The young bronze certainly was a gentleman, and the young gold seemed obliging enough. Yes... Yes she quite approved of that placement. Are you not a lady of the Weyr, sweet one? You are a queen of High Reaches, and have proven yourself admirably. Enjoy this night, and some of the finest company on Pern. Aresoth is an admirable bronze, and quite handsome, don't you think? Dedicated, and from my own Takarath's line. I have no doubt he'll keep you warm this night.

Thankfully, the bronze was already well on his way. Yes. She was quite proud of all those gathered around her... Even Yisketh, whom had certainly earned some praise after a fine display of solidarity.

tatterpixie

BastetAmun

Meepfur

Olliah & Fianth
Things were finally starting to slow down. There was a chill on the wind, and the woman stepped a little closer to Fianth, bringing Rhys closer. Though he was a teenager, her maternal instincts were still at a high, especially with Fianth fussing over each of her brood. The warmth of the Lower Caverns was inviting, but... She would wait a few moments longer.

Perhaps she should have brought a fur scarf.

Still, she watched Ar'din, her smile never wavering. Though he had take the brunt of Mictecath's wrath, he had still Impressed, and found His. A bronze from one of Fianth's eggs. Seeing the Hatchlings with Theirs was a bit of a balm on her upset spirit; no matter what happened, no matter the tension that had occurred in the heat of the moment of the Hatching, no matter how she had felt, seeing each successful match reminded her that it had been a good day.

Though there was an echo of loss on Fianth's heart, one that would linger for some time, right here, right now... All was well.

She was about to speak, when the young man abruptly walked away. Olliah blinked a few times, brows knitting for a moment in concern. Alquemieth didn't seem distressed, or bothered, and yet... Well. "...I suppose not everyone's up for small talk," she murmured with a rueful smile and a small sigh. Instead, her eyes drifted to Rhys, the back to Fianth and the babies surrounding her queen.

"Did you get anything to eat or drink, Rhys? Or are you not feeling much up for celebrating?" Part of the woman wouldn't mind an early night herself. She was drained, and a little peace, and a little wine, sounded about right. She doubted anyone would really notice if she wasn't in attendance. Zheria and the rest of the weyrwomen would be just fine without her.

Fianth, for her part, was only too happy to have Alquemieth's devotion. She crooned soothingly at the young bronze who was, surprisingly, upset on her behalf. Ah, but you hatched exactly when you needed to be. Any earlier and perhaps Bossuth would have found himself in the thick of it; or perhaps you might have come to harm. I am only grateful you are here now, and found Yours. Even her beautiful Aureliath, whose life had been so cruelly cut short, had still managed to find Hers. I have no doubt you will keep them all in line during Training. She offered, hoping to soften her son's irritation. Oh, my poor Alquemieth. It has been a rough night, hasn't it? Thankfully, I am sure you will see Bossuth soon; and I will enjoy your company as long as you wish to linger. I am quite sure the girls would appreciate a chaperone as fine and as dutiful as you. She meant every word, as sincere as her rider. Why would anyone turn away or look down their snout at such a precious darling?

medigel

-_Wish of Tevarae_-"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:12 am
User Image
Nyaranau [HR] - 19 - she/her/hers - Weyrling of Gold Mictecath

Mictecath’s hasty, mother-bound gait came to a flummoxed halt as Galxath’s mindvoice reached her. She turned her head in search of the blue, eyes whirling gently, blue-green stars in the night. Oh… hello… She began, in response to his inquiry, though the pause was heavy with thought. Uncle Galxath? Yes. It will have to be uncle. Papa is my dearest papa Krahsujunth. So you are my uncle. And thus it was decided, by the headstrong newborn, that Galxath was now part of the ever-expanding family.

Mictecath was thrilled by her decision. She paced slightly, then gave a croon. Please, come and join us. Or would you prefer for us to meet you over there? We have more pie, though. Pie was power, after all. And Nyara would be sad if she dropped any.

The young woman in question was grinning. “E’dan… dad, came… after all. Man, I am so glad. Shall we go and join them, Mic?” She was already halfway through a slice of pie, listening to- and feeling- Mic’s excitement at meeting Galxath.

Dad. That was such a weird… well, it was a weird thought. It was perfectly normal to have fathers. Everybody had one. Not every father was a dad. That weirdo-man U’zan might be Ruunan’s father, but he was definitely not Nyara’s idea of a dad.

But E’dan had sort of slipped into her life and somehow it had just… well, it was still a new thing, but it was a thing that brought her joy- as did the idea of chilling with someone who wasn’t going to make pretty words at her just because her dragon happened to shine with more than just her heart.

I hope you’re done worrying, or I’ll have to carry you there myself. Mic mock-huffed, though she was still in high spirits. She moved with a spring in her step, and her passionate energy was positively infectious. Fear not, she addressed Galxath, all eager excitement and queenly control, we’re coming to you.

“Of course- sorry bout that. I just…” Still felt super uncomfortable about being a goldrider? Well… Mictecath probably both understood that and didn’t understand it at all. And yet, Nyaranau couldn’t imagine her dragon any differently- it was like every best dream she’d had of wings and flaming Thread and changing the world for the better had come true. Mictecath was perfect.

The two moved through the crowds together, Nyara’s gaze fixed on the familiar figure of her father ahead. When they drew close enough, she grinned and waved in greeting. “Hey! You brought your guitar. That’s cool. It’s good to see you both. This is Mictecath.” The words seemed to tumble out of her mouth, but it didn’t bother her. She wasn’t flustered- merely glad to see him. Enthusiastic. Excited.

Mictecath bowed her head. My rider’s family is also mine, and I am very glad to meet you both! Without further ado, she stepped forwards and pressed her head gently against Galxath’s leg, nuzzling his blue hide.

ShinosBee

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:44 am
Rhys
The young man smiled at Fianth's gentle nuzzle. He reached up to rub her eye ridges, taking comfort in the feeling of her mind against his, and her sympathies. Knowing she'd hoped he would find His was...helpful, just a bit, and having the Gold near, and his adopted mother? He was starting to feel a sense of peace, despite the pain in his chest. It's okay Fianth. I...I'll get there eventually, right? I'm so proud of you...All of your children are so beautiful. You and Krah are lucky. And then his attention turned to Olliah. He pressed closer to her side, nuzzling against her shoulder as she talked to him, mentioning the idea of leaving from this party, going back to the Weyr, and....yeah. That'd be nice, wouldn't it? Letting out a quiet breath, he looked back up at the other with those lovely blue-gray eyes, "I'd like that Olliah...Honestly, I'm just not much in a partying mood....Even if I'm happy for Rune, and everyone else. I just...I'm not up to it....I don't want to drink or eat...I don't know..." She and Fianth were all he had left.

Uta

Alumet of Gold Zenobiath

Alumet offered him a lovely laugh, fingers moving to brush L'rul's shoulder as she took another sip, "Charm, dear L'rul, is within the eye of the beholder. I find charm in people that are more what they seem than others, and in pretty words." She might well be teasing him, but in this moment? That was her entertainment. That hand lingered on his shoulder as she let her gaze drift around, curious to see...oh. C'ryn had ducked in for just a moment, and something about his look when he spotted her concerned her idly. Perhaps she'd need to have another conversation with him at some point, but right now, he had Kiri to look after. Her expression didn't change at all, staying calm and sweet as she turned her gaze back to the Wingsecond. Hm...A few dances and company were all he wanted, were they? She had a feeling that SHE might take it further, but it was mostly because she'd been sleeping alone since the Flights, and right now? She was basking in his attentions.

"Your company sounds like the most wonderful thing a woman could ask for. Perhaps between getting a chance to talk, doing our duty and mingling, and dancing, we might eventually find ourselves ready to...retire. I am betting you are a delightful dancer." Winking prettily, the woman slid her hand down his arm, and in to the crook of his elbow, gently squeezing as she rested herself a bit closer to him. For now, let her enjoy the physical closeness, and the good company. This was a PARTY, after all.

Zenobiath above was enjoying her beloved's delight, though her own hearts were still just a bit heavy. Her eyes whirled between the violet from her attention on Alumet, and a hint of gray and yellow from the way her thoughts were going. It wasn't until she felt the brush of the mind of her beloved Green that she looked up, raising her head from her perch and looking out over all the dragons, Beloved Monath and Aresoth, if I could get the company from you both tonight, I would be glad, for my hearts are heavy. Should either of you choose, you are welcome upon my ledge...Though Aresoth, do spend time with the other Queens, it speaks well for you.

Uta

Dea and #Teddy#

BastetAmun

Aniela of Brown Xaphrith

It was with quiet contemplation that Aniela traced her path through the crowds, until at last she spotted the face she'd been looking for. WIthout much ceremony, the Brownrider draped herself over the Rider's shoulders, grinning up at him with that coy, flirtatious smile, "Well, there's the face I was looking for~." Her tone was a sweet purr, her full lips brushing his jaw as she circled around to let a hand rest on his arm as she looked over his face. Yes, perhaps Aniela was a bit forwards in such a public place, but this was Dr'stan~ She was rather fond of the man....Hoping to make him her weyrmate one of these days...eventually.

BastetAmun

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:59 pm
Dr'stan of Bronze Ddraigth

Standing with his arms folded across his chest, Dr'stan had taken his eyes off of the new young bronze rider and the young woman with him. He scanned the rest of the feast, eyes moving off of the different werylings that he could see. He was already working on figuring out how best they would work with the weyr, at least from the information he knew and could discern. He wasn't the Weyrlingmaster, he didn't think he'd ever want the job V'mel had, but he was always interested in watching the next generation of fighters grow and see what they had to offer.

A form draping over his shoulders, pressing tight against his front had Dr'stan unfold his arms and looking down. The face that stared back up at him, the flirtatious smile on her lips had the man smile in return. A shiver ran down his spine at the feel her her lips brushing over his jaw and then she was beside him, with a hand resting on his arm. "I don't think I'm hard to miss, you must not have been looking long." His own words had a teasing air to them and he moved his arm to snake around her waist, pulling her back closer to his side. "So, what did you think of the hatching and the new bunch we have?"

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:19 pm
Hesperith
Hesperith was beyond thrilled to have the company and attentions of the young, handsome, exceedingly well-muscled bronze, and could have thrummed with happiness...although she did not, carefully maintaining her coy demeanor.  Though she did not presume to lean against him, she did lean a bit closer to her new acquaintance as he extended a wing over her. You seem an admirable gentleman indeed, she purred appreciatively. With you near, it will be as a summer evening.

And she was every bit as pleased by the words and attention from Eveleth!  But for the hint of purple within them, her eyes could not have been a deeper blue.  It was true: she was a lady of the Weyr, and had been serving during 'fall for nearly a turn now.  Why, Hers had even suffered terribly because of it!  Even if she'd not contributed to High Reaches' numbers and might not for turns more, she and Hers did do their duty, and everything that was asked of them.  Even if Hers didn't enjoy it.  Even if she feared much of it.  Surely, in time, it would get better, especially now that their Harper would be staying. It is a pleasure and an honor to serve your Weyr and call it my home.  I am glad to be called a lady of it, and for the loan of your fine grandson.

BastetAmun

Uta

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:17 pm
C'lusi & blue Macuith
The brown haired man was pleased when he found Nadry's lips as opposed to her cheek. Ah, but he almost wanted to call her kiss a tease, for as chaste as it was, it left him wanting more. Later, perhaps; the poor woman was already as red as her dress, and he'd hate to have her turn into a redfruit in front of her brother. Not everyone felt comfortable in displaying affection so publicly, especially in front of family. He'd respect that.

Resettling his grip on Nadry when she leaned closer, the bluerider looked back at Rykin with his usual flirty grin. "I see she gets her color honestly," he mused, teasing Nadry, and perhaps even her brother, just a touch. How adorable! They were both getting more pink by the moment, and he wasn't entirely certain why. He'd been so good... Must have been a Holdbred thing. "R'shahar should be along at some point tonight, if you'd like to meet him as well. We might as well get in a whole family meet-and-greet all in one go, yes?" He grinned. Ah, but family was so important... C'lusi adored his own family, and was absolutely thrilled to meet some of Nadrys side. At least this one seemed like a good egg.

"Ah, but it is good to finally meet more of Nadry's family. Dragonriding also seems to run in the blood," he mused. "Don't worry about not making it this time; I'm sure a brown has your name on it if history repeats itself." He spoke confidently, quite sure of it, whether or not it did come to pass. Nadry had found Menankith, and He-Who-Should-Not-Be-Named had a brown as well. Clearly, this other had a destiny, and its name was brown dragon.

Glancing back at Nadry and her plate, he grinned at the selected colors, and gave her another squeeze. "Well, my darling, it's clear we need to find you a dessert wine. Something a bit dry, perhaps, to counter all that sweetness." One more kiss, this time on her hand, and he gave a dip of his head to Rykin. "You two enjoy yourself. I'll be back with some treats, so don't wander too far. Tata, my darlings," and with that he untangled himself from Nadry (though if his hands wandered just a bit as he passed, well...really now... Could you blame him?) and he went on a mission to raid the tables of food and drink.

He'd give them a few more minutes to catch up without his charming self to distract. Maybe R'shahar would be along by that point.

Macuith was happy cuddled up next to Menankith. The fact that such a fine brown had been drawn to him was in no way surprising--but the vain little blue couldn't help but feel ever so proud to show the other off. Honestly, the little blue could only be more delighted if Viandarth made an appearance--but for now, he was quite happy for it to be the two of them. He would keep the other warm, and let all of Pern be jealous at such a fine a catch.

Menankith was a handsome one... In fact, the blue let his own eyes turn towards him, to drink him in. Somehow I managed to catch the most handsome, and most bold of hearts. Between Viandarth and you, a dragon couldn't be happier. He rested his head against Menankith's, eyes a happy purple-blue, and he sent nothing but waves of love ad fondness his way.

The blue might have been a notorious flirt, but he knew love when he had it.

I have no doubt you'll find brilliant minds. I didn't even know I could do it, until suddenly I just ... had to look them over, and pick him out. He brought a nice girl with him, but... She didn't feel like anything to me. But he felt different, and now is one of ours. He'd have to officially meet Cadereth someday, but there was time for all that later. He was content right where he was.

Meepfur

Smerdle

- - -
S'del & A'ye
The bronzerider was delighted to be dancing with A'ye. He kept the other in his arms, taking them about the floor as best as he was able. He wasn't sure how he stacked up as a dancer, but it was something he'd actually been forced to learn. He wasn't tripping over the other, and honestly, his entire focus was less the music and more that A'ye was right there. To have him so close, the smitten man was practically gazing down at him. As far as S'del was concerned, they were the only two in the room.

And then... The words that A'ye spoke almost put him to blush. He felt his ears turn a bit red, but the smile that lighted his features was genuine. But it only lasted a moment. Just as quickly as the words had tumbled out, A'ye was already practically trying to break free. Dancing was forgotten and he immediately tightened his grip on the other, pulling him even closer. "Then stay," he spoke, almost a command, but more an entreaty. Faranth knew this was what he wanted, and A'ye... So why was the other trying to flee? "I don't want to let you go. Not now, not ever. Please, A'ye," his words softened, and he tried to catch the others eye.

"I don't want to be just friends. I want--" He wasn't sure how to say it, how to phrase it. He didn't know if he'd gone too far, but he figured they could work out the particulars later. The other seemed upset... Distressed... He didn't want to force the man to stay if he wanted to go, but he also wanted to break that cycle of panic. So, he leaned down, and kissed him.

If A'ye kept up the fight, if A'ye turned away or made it clear he didn't want to be held or kissed, he'd let him go in an instant. But maybe... Maybe it would be enough to distract him from his attempt to run. He didn't have much to offer, besides being a bronzerider, but... Maybe that would be enough? Otherwise, he was ready to make the biggest fool and a** of himself in front of everyone on the dance floor.

houllow

- - -

Padmia
The woman arched a brow when the rider asked for a favor. Still, she gave a small snort, and a smile. She had long since learned to keep a tight grasp on the Weyr's liquor supply. Wine tended to be the preferred drink of choice, and periodically beer when they could get it, but some of the harder stuff was trickier to get. Not only did it pack a punch, but it was more expensive, and not something the Hold's typically tithed with great frequency. But that didn't mean the Weyr didn't have any, and sometimes the Headwoman brought it out--particularly after bad Threadfalls.

She might not have headed the request had she not witnessed C'ryn with the poor girl who had lost her brother. It was one thing if it was just a sad Candidate hoping to drink off the pain of not Impressing but... grieving, mourning, loss? "Well... If it's going to who I think it's going to, I don't blame her for wanting some. I've got just the thing, and a remedy for tomorrow's inevitable hangover," she spoke.

She took out her keys, and headed over to one of the large locked cabinets. She fished around, before finding a bottle with some sort of dark liquid within. "This is an Igen blend and should have enough of a kick to drown out any bad feeling. Locals call it Firestone Sap--should be just the medicine you need. It's got quite the bite, and sneaks up quick. If I thought you had any hair on your chest to lose, I'd warn you to be cautious," she laughed, not at all afraid to tease the young bronzerider.

Honestly... the young man was practically a pup. "Eat hearty, otherwise you're going to need to find me in the morning. I'll have something whipped up to chase that hangover clear to Bitra. "

BastetAmun

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:03 pm
User ImageUser Image
raelin and green saith

"Why wouldn't you want to be here? Feasts are better than normal lunches, and people don't totally suck after they've had a few drinks." Raelin took a bite into a thick piece of herdbeast meat to punctuate her point. "It's just one night, Dr'cul, relax." It wasn't as though she didn't get why he would be like that, though, and on top of that there was the whole Western Sucks mood going. Oh well.

She hummed in thought and pursed her lips slightly. "I dunno, to be honest. I know a few of them by name, and most of the dragons seem nice. Ours were more behaved, obviously, but what can you do. I don't envy the weyrlingmaster and assistants, though," she said. "That's one huge class that's got at least two or three troublemakers. I can tell you Saith's cooing over more than a couple since she's, well, hitting the hormones more and all. Wants to gather up the goofballs and claim them for herself when they're older."

Didn't you see how some of them tripped over themselves for those greens? Saith tittered, blue eyes sparkling. That's adorable.

They'll trip over themselves for you too, dear, when they're running away from your constant fussing.

The green snorted. Anyway. High Reaches will eventually relax, Harneth. They took us in happily, after all, and we're only from Fort Weyr. She gently brushed a wing against him. Western will straighten itself, do its penance, and eventually be allowed a partnership again, and all will be well. Papa showed us how to talk to everyone long distance in the meantime, at least. It wasn't the same, she knew, but Saith was unshakable in her belief that everything would turn out all right. It just seemed worse than it was right now because the event was still raw in everyone's minds.

Eyes still dancing joyful colors, she lifted her claw delicately for her brother to inspect the booties. Some nights have just been dreadful to me, so Mine gave me a gift to ward off the cold! Much like humans wear their boots and furs. It might not have the grip to stop me from slipping on ice, but I've been careful. Do you like them?

BastetAmun

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces