Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[Cocktail Clutch Lesson] Off to the Races - Open! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Smerdle rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:14 pm
It was probably cosmic retaliation for him failing to pause, but soon after they passed Lyfrocier and Guarath, Triesteth got a little too close to R'in's side and he stumbled, smacking hard into Demodeth.

Are you all right? His concern was sharper than it had been for his sister, but he didn't stop jogging either.

Yes, I'll... R'in gave himself a mental once over, shrugging off the jolt easily enough. I'll be fine.

The bronze's reaction to Rhodonth's words was quite cordial despite their near accident. I'm not so sure. The weather is doing us no favors. But thank you.

Quote:
1. You're not too bad off. A few small bruises, but nothing you can't shake off--even if that was a close call!
SilverLutz
belated reply and another coming with next roll wheeeee heart

SilverLutz rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:16 pm
V'ime and Green Rhodonth
Fit / In Great Shape
Final Leg 3/3

4-5. You can see the end is in sight. You've almost made it! If you can just find some way to push on! Thankfully, your dragon sends all the support, comfort, and encouragement you need. With a surge of adrenaline, you make it down to the beach water, stumbling as you past along. [+3 points]

Almost there, Mine. You've done so well, I think we'll be one of the first to finish. Rhodonth glanced behind them and was pleased to see that Sauzath and Niviora, who had taken a shortcut of all things, had fallen behind, her sister flopping down in the mud. They may not come in first, but they'd finish long before those two did. Satisfied with that, at least, Rhodonth turned to push along to the beach, V'ime beside her putting in an extra burst of energy for the last few dragonfeet.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

SilverLutz rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:18 pm
V'ime and Green Rhodonth
Fit / In Great Shape
Dragon Round 3

6-7. Your dragon is running fas as he or she can! In their excitement, they wind up pushing over one of their fellow clutchmates and trample right over them. Ouch! Quote the weyrling above you and let them know their fate. It's very possible the offending dragonet might want to retaliate! Rawr! [-1 point]

Drawing close to the end of the race, Rhodonth put on a final burst of speed to try to reach the beach ahead of just one or two more of her siblings. She was so focused on doing so that she didn't notice Demodeth was still close by. She bumped into her brother and trampled on his toes and tail just a bit, though she couldn't see how her own delicate frame might injure her brother she did offer a quick apology.

Oh, Demodeth my dear, I'm so sorry! Do forgive me, these silly paws of mine have a mind of their own!

Smerdle

Smerdle rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:07 pm
R'in of Bronze Demodeth

Continuing on, R'in kept up an admirable pace for a time, bruises and all. Exhaustion hit him suddenly, and when he slowed, so did his dragon. Demodeth let out a surprised peep as Rhodonth trod over him, but he recovered quickly, sending a brush of apology to the green.

It's not a problem. I shouldn't have stopped so abruptly.

Quote:
second leg (3/3) // average shape

4-5. You're struggling. The Weyr Lake seems never ending. Slow and steady wins the race, and while you might slow down your speed--or slip into a bit of a walk--you know this is best. Nothing wrong with taking a little breather. [+2 point]

total points: 9
SilverLutz

Smerdle

Scamp

Smerdle rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:49 pm
R'in of Bronze Demodeth

R'in knew they were more than halfway around the lake now, and his relieved excitement couldn't help but bleed into Demodeth. The dragon considered offering more words of encouragement with this shared burst of enthusiasm, but thinking of all of the bumps and scrapes he'd caused today quickly evened out that mood. Better to check in with someone who would know he wasn't trying to smooth over his reputation.

Alenciath. I hope yours is okay.

Quote:
second leg // demodeth roll // average shape

10. Your dragon is full of encouragement! In his or her excitement, they send you very loud and very vocal support. To earn this, have your dragon post a VERY public, and very sincere, encouragement. If some of the fellow weyrlings feel a little overly-fond of yours now, it's entirely your dragons fault (and the effect will wear off by the end of the day). [+3 Points] emotion_awesome

total points: 9
demon_pachabel
no need to answerrrr

Spockat rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:11 pm
[Roll 1 for Sivu and Haitanth]

Quote:
8-9. You're just running. It's wet, and you're cold, and neither pleased nor displeased by all of this. At least the Weyr Lake is pretty in the rain. [+1 point]

Sivu of blue Haitanth
Average Shape

Rain wasn’t exactly Sivu’s… favorite. He didn’t find it particularly cold - scratch that, a particularly cold, fat raindrop trickled down his neck under his tunic. Shivering he threw up his hands in displeasure before setting into the rhythm of running. Oh how envious he was of his gold flit close warm and safe in her bundle of blankets back on his pillow. He bumped himself against Haitanth’s warm, soft hide. I think a warm soak might do after this. The blue threw his head back, eyeing the lake. At least the view is almost as good looking as I am. Entertainment for this dreary business.  

Spockat

Spockat rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)

Spockat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:24 pm
Sivu of blue Haitanth
Average Shape
Points1

Quote:
10. Ouch! One of the weyrlings, in their excitement, winds up flapping their wings and causing you to trip! The young dragon doesn't seem to realize what happened, and keeps running--but your own dragon might have something to say about it! :V
Randomize an active Weyrling to see which Weyrling it was! (Only choose those that are participating in the game!) In the meantime, roll a D4 to see what happens.
1. You manage to catch yourself, but do wind up a good bit more muddy.
2-3. You lose your balance, and tumble right into a fellow weyrling. Quote the player above your roll (or the first player that isn't you), and let them know you both wind up tripping into the sand. (-1 point each -- it doesn't matter if you're using different grids.)
4. You actually fall, and in your attempt to catch yourself, hit the ground hard. Picking yourself back up, your wrist is sore--better watch it to see if it gets better or worse. Ouch.

Spockat generated a random number between 1 and 11 ... 8!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:45 pm
[Roll for weyrling]

8. R'xa and blue Isteth (Mr Cheri)  

Spockat

Spockat rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

Spockat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:47 pm
Quote:
1. You manage to catch yourself, but do wind up a good bit more muddy.

Dearest Isteth do watch for Sivu's two left feet, he would have bowled all three of us over I do think. Haitanth chuckled under his wing at Sivu catching himself from falling. That amount of mud would take quite a long time to scrub out of Sivu's mane later.

Mr. Cheri

Spockat rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:59 pm
[Rolling First leg 3/3]

Quote:
You fall right into a puddle. You're not even sure what caused you to slip, but you are wet and muddy now. Gross!

Oh, how darling. More puddles. Sivu could feel the squelch of icy water between the laces of his boots. This was whole race had to be hysterical to watch from the sidelines a bunch of weyrlings slipping and sliding and tumbling over dragons. If only they had a bunch of bards playing raucous music for a laugh with it.  

Spockat

Spockat rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)

Spockat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:04 pm
Sivu of blue Haitanth
Average Shape
Points -8

Quote:
Your dragon does not want to do this. Nope. Perhaps they're just distracted, perhaps they're feeling lazy, they actually sit down and start to curl up. Unfortunately, your rider has to try to urge them to go--which means they have to pause in their own jog to get their dragonet going. [-5 points]

Haitanth was having enough of this thank you very much. There was a particularly large rock, without so much mud, that he paused to luxuriously stretch and lay down. Think if I wait here long enough this silly race will just be finished?Haitanth stretched his wings, letting himself rest. Sivu, was completely, unenthused by this turn of events. Eventually bribing the blue with the fattiest bits of meats once they get back to the weyr, if they needed to be so hedonistic.  
Smerdle rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:21 pm
R'in of Bronze Demodeth

Following Demodeth's brief pause, he turned back to the path to find his rider well ahead. Where had R'in dredged up such a burst of speed?

We're almost at the end. If there was ever a time to run, it's now.

Just be careful, mine.

Quote:
third leg (1/3) // average shape

2-3. You were born to run! At least, that's how you're feeling. You're not sure how but you find yourself feeling the need to sprint. Now's the time, right? The end is right there. Let's give it our all and sprint as fast as we can! [+2 Points]

total points: 11

Smerdle

Scamp

Smerdle rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:21 pm
R'in of Bronze Demodeth

I will be. Look! R'in's relieved excitement was visible even from the outside as he hopped a bit, gaining even more speed as Demodeth overtook him again.

I see. The end was in sight, just as R'in had said. You are doing very well.

Quote:
third leg (2/3) // average shape

4-5. You can see the end is in sight. You've almost made it! If you can just find some way to push on! Thankfully, your dragon sends all the support, comfort, and encouragement you need. With a surge of adrenaline, you make it down to the beach water, stumbling as you past along. [+3 points]

total points: 14

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces