Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Kleoth's Hatching] Coveting Their Grace (Open!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:48 pm
Mhinadi

So many dragons and so many things she wanted -- needed -- to see, and only one set of eyes. They were going to be so tired, so overworked from checking out all the dragons. The whites, both so precious and finally out of their shells, thanks to Kleoth. The browns, the stunning blues...

And the lovely, sweet bronze who, though he absolutely was not meant for either Mhiadi or Oreune, was kind and thoughtful enough to come and boop them gently on his way to find HIs. He would be a favorite of Mhinadi's, no matter what else happened today.

And then, oh then!

Oreune's hand got another quick squeeze as the blue from the brow-striped egg came their way. Eyes wide, Mhinadi swallowed hard before giving into another broad smile. "Hello," she murmured back. Well. Meant to murmur. It was proably louder than that, given the commotion on the sands, but to her, it felt pretty quiet. "I mean, good morning. You-- you are a handsome oine. Thank you so much for coming to say hello." A little hope crept in. "Can we do anything for you?"

houllow
Bluuuuuue!

Tsunake
Hullo!

Ollandin

Ollandin watched the bronze wander off to find His, nodding in response to Papys without looking back. Not right away. When he actually spoke, he looked, though. That was just polite. A glance out at the roaming hatchlings and the eggs and shattered shells, then he met Papys' gaze. "Looks like it," he agreeed. "And wasn't that something? It sucks the breath right out of your chest, doesn't it?"

Time to steal a few extra breaths to catch up, now.

demon_pachabel

Anneke and green Uluth

She'd been right? She'd been right! Ha ha, take that, Ladies Fate and Luck! She'd beaten your odds handily. Hm. Maybe next Hatching, she ought to lay down marks.

"He knew exactly who he wanted and he demanded the boy pay attention. Can't fault hin for taking care of himself, can we?" Smug? Proud? Maybe just the littlest bit. "Wonder what those girls are talking about down there. Something juicy, I'm sure."

faesinger

[quote="Dea and #Teddy#"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:11 pm
Haraven
Things had really begun to pick up, and Haraven hardly knew where to keep his eyes. There were dragons of all colors and he struggled to know which ones to observe! It didn't bother him that Savindri and he had yet to meet any up close--he much rather wanted them to find Theirs. This was their day, their moment and the fact he was up and close was an experience hew as grateful for. That Savindri was there to share it with--even in so tactile a fashion--was an additional boon.

But when the voice of a dragon, and not one he recognized, asked for them to step away, he nodded in agreement with his firend. "Think you're right. I won't go far though!" He promised with a laugh, giving himself a bit of room. Honestly, he didn't know which dragon had wanted them parted--but he would oblige. Whatever made it easier for the dragonets.

Meepfur

Valendyr
It appeared that Sioryl wasn't meant for the sand-covered dragonet, though he could only hope the disappointment wasn't too great for the other. At the very least, the bronze dragonet had spent some time with the Candidate before moving on. "That was nice of him, yeah?" He spoke to Sioryl, hoping their exchange had been pleasant.

Valendyr hadn't missed the bronze's pointed look--but if Val had dropped his gaze, that was for him to know. Surely, the bronze had little concern about him--especially when he turned tail and went to Impress. Good for Brenley.

Suddenly, his arm was grabbed, and though he almost jerked away from Navit in surprise, another part of him just let it be. He didn't know the other Candidate well and... wasn't nearly as tactile as some. At least not to strangers. Another look at Bukichi said his patience was being tested, but he was quick to look back at the dragonets. "It might happen," he acknowledge, given there were four of them. While the odds of Impressing were terribly slim at the best of times, any one of them might draw a dragonet.

Siorly had at least proved interesting enough for one.

But oh, sweet relief--another dragonet was now asking for them all to part ways a bit! Extracting his arm from Navit, Valendyr took gross advantage and stepped a few feet away from the others. Bless.

SilverLutz

Faesinger

Tsunake

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:16 pm
Brenley and Bronze Tuinunuth

He had moved on, his mind so used to glossing over disappointment that he didn't even register it as such anymore. And while that sandy bronze—the first egg he'd Touched—was wonderfully warm and full of almost too much love, he was still metallic, and Brenley was no leader. Nope. Nah. No, thanks. He watched the white dragons, his hope that they find theirs a little... hope-ier than he was used to. Like it was someone else's.

A heavy weight jostled his legs and hip, and he was suddenly certain the brown had returned to hook a claw into him for being inadequate. He flailed a little in an attempt to correct his balance, and when he looked down, it was into the most beautiful eyes he had ever seen. The most beautiful everything, really. He swallowed. How had he not known?

I am sorry to make you wait, myBrenley. There were just so many to see. But I saved the best for last. Sort of.

Bren reached down and brushed at the hatchling's cheek where a stubborn patch of sand remained.

What do you think? Will you help your Tuinunuth take care of everyone?

It was a very tall order for someone who found gatherings tedious, who never allowed anyone to get too close, who preferred to be alone in the first place, but he now knew he would do anything for this wonderful creature. As long as we start small. He lifted his free hand. Other cheek. More sand. The dragon's face was truly clear now, but the rest of him... Bren was going to have to apologize to Odellet on Tuinunuth's behalf for getting her all sandy.

Little Sister doesn't mind! Sand's just sand! Tuinunuth leaned just so, and Bren was unable to keep himself upright this time, slowly sinking until their positions had reversed and he was seated at his dragon's feet. He grinned, then laughed, a single rusty bark of delight.

I suppose you're right. He found himself staring again, content to sit here forever if it meant he would never stop feeling this good, but eventually the hatchling's hunger and exhaustion spread to Brenley and he pushed himself back to his feet without prompting. So, am I sort of the best, or sort of last?

Tuinunuth paused where he had trotted ahead and turned, eyes wide and maw slightly agape in comic incredulity. Sort of last, silly! Because I'd booped before but came back! Always the best! The bronze bounded forward again, leaving a mental trail of affection all the way to the meat.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:07 pm

As Emperor Penguin Brown continued making his way through the Candidates, pausing now and then to snuffle at a boy's robes, and very clearly ignoring all of the ladies, the young brown finally paused in front of one, far from where he had first Hatched.

He circled once, circled twice, and then lifted himself up so he might look the young man in his face. Though his eyes whirled red, as they had from the very beginning, he gazed for a long, thoughtful moment at the boy.

Yes.

Finally.

Where the young man might have felt irritability and aggravation from the brown dragon, it turned immediately into nothing but love, relief, and absolute, positive joy. At last, he found the one that he had been Searching for, the one that he needed above all things. Any aggravation he felt towards Lailokenth, Aneirin, or any number of subpar Candidates was immediately forgotten--because he finally found the one he needed.

His eyes changed from ruby to rainbow, and the dragon didn't hesitate to wrap his large wings around the delicate boy. RaidenMine, your Regaliseth has finally found you, and what a trial it's been! And here I once thought Touchings chaotic affairs! Though he groused, for the most part, all the young man could feel was a humor. Yes, he remembered speaking to him while in the egg--one of the very few Candidates whose company he had enjoyed. Serious a beast though he might be, Raiden would get to see--and feel--the full spectrum of emotions that ran through this proud dragon. Rest assured, Mine, you were worth such a journey, and I dare hope I am worth the wait.

User Image

Sweet Symmetry

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:11 pm

Well, well. That was a little better. It seemed that matters were somewhat more settled than before... and his brother had been good enough to show him the proper respect. Such would not be forgotten. Yes, very good of you indeed to remember that. He knew his place, which suited Bone blue just fine. Hmm... it seemed that some Candidates had shifted their positions a little, and it was a bit more clear what he might be looking at.

Who of this lot was His? He had a suspicion, but where was that special someone? The blue cast his gaze about, surveying the gathered Candidates with some curiosity. Yes, there were some among them that he remembered. One of them... hmm.

The Teal and Blue Lightning dragonet sighed softly, a hint of relief showing now that her brother seemed a bit more out of the woods. Maybe things would be all right, after all. She glanced longingly at her green sisters, wanting so much to be a part of that gathering, but oh... they were quite far away indeed, and she'd expended so much energy joining her brother's side.

Tsunake
demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:21 pm

Had this egg overslept or was it simply lazy? It was difficult to tell but the once still Dusty Rainbow Egg finally did give a very sudden, and very surprising lurch. Any Candidates who waited for more would be disappointed, for it stilled immediately after.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:49 pm
The Purple Spotted Dinosaur Bronze had figured out where to head next, and he had one person (alright, make that two, but first things first) in mind--he had a sibling to collect, or at the very least check in on! Odellet may not have had that much time to recover from her last brush with an overly-friendly Bronze, but Purple Spotted knew he had to make his own entrance. He hadn't seen her since--well, ever, technically!

His eyes whirled in technicolor as he thought, trying to pinpoint how best to go about this whole affair. The Bronze practically parades himself past the other Candidates, prancing all the while to be sure all the boys got a look at him--there was somebody in that crowd that he desperately wanted to see him, and he hoped he was watching. Was he? Purple Spotted craned his neck in an effort to get a better view, but he couldn't quite tell from here.
Hm. Unfortunate, but easily fixable. His was there, he knew, but--Odellet was also right there, and Purple Spotted quickly made a beeline for her once he'd passed by the boys. He'd--come back to them. His adoring public would be there, he was sure; they were all here for him right now, as far as he was concerned, and he'd let them build their own anticipation of his return for a little while.

Sibling! You also hatched!! He lets out a...rather loud trumpet as he comes barrelling toward her, utterly delighted to see that she's got friends with her, too. He comes skidding to a halt directly in front of her, surprisingly delicately given his overall enthusiasm; as soon as he's within reach, Purple Spotted presses himself up against her legs, eyes whirling blue and purple. Please give him attention, Odd. Please? He's a very good brother, wouldn't she agree? Or. Maybe you already were, I don't know. Hello! Hello, hello, it's nice to meet you properly! AND all your friends!
Were...all these other people her friends? He hoped so. Zaexillia certainly seemed to be, and Purple Spotted wasted no more time in nosing at her hand as well. If she was with his sister, then--she was probably fine! I don't believe we've met! Only one way to fix that, wouldn't you say?

Purple Spotted looked back and forth between Odd and Zaexillia, clearly waiting for...something. Was it pets? (It was absolutely pets.)

Shaddaling

Sweet Symmetry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:50 pm
FISHER + EUXANTH

There was something exciting about clutches and hatchings and the like, and even though Fisher hadn't stood for one in a while thanks to the portly green that watched nearby, she couldn't deny the thrill that came from watching the eggs crack and dragonets spill out onto the sands. So far there had been only a few minor scuffles on the sands, with hardly a bit of ichor spilt and a few candidates walking away with lifemates. Fisher recognized some out there as from standing together, others were blanks.

It didn't quite matter though as she kept an eye on the two smallest out there, two little whites who seemed downright exhausted and adorable all at once. There hadn't been a white in the clutch Kleoth came from so to see two was....wonderful? Yes, wonderful.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:02 pm
Zh'gan and bronze Manahahtath

Ir is good to see these young bronzes so enthusiastic about their place on Pern, Manahahtath rumbled approvingly. But we need strong hearts and minds as well as, the will to succeed, as well well as a willingness to make friends and share connections.

Zh'gan looked over at his bronze and shook his head. Go easy on them, huh? Give them time to enjoy being out of the shell before you start trying to talk them into following your lead. They have to learn how to be dragons before any of that.

Manahtath snorted. They do not. Dragons know how to be dragons the moment they are eggs.

You know what I mean.

A grunt. A pause. And a quiet insistence. Mine is a very good lead.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:12 pm
Candidate Ciraine

She'd breathed a sigh of relief when the Teal and Blue Lightning Egg had finally been split open, allowing the dragonet inside to escape. A White! That would--honestly make sense, given the amount of trouble the poor thing had had in getting out. Even with all the difficulty, Ciraine thought they'd done quite well. She keeps an eye on the Teal and Blue Lightning White as the little hatchling crept over to her similarly-colored brother, seeking to comfort him after he'd hidden--Faranth, she hoped he found His soon. Maybe having his rider there to comfort him would be enough?

"Did you guys touch any of those eggs? The ones who're out and about now, that is." Ciraine was still a little distracted, but Kadosse and Nuamia had been talking to her, and it would be just rude not to say anything back. Besides, she genuinely wanted to! There was just--so much going on that made it a bit hard to focus. "I-- think I spooked one of the Whites. I hope they're doing okay now, though--at least their mom's right there to help."
Honestly, she wanted to apologize or something. It felt like something she had to do, given how upset that poor egg had been--after this Hatching, maybe.

faesinger

demon_pachabel

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:39 pm
Haizea Impression Post

So much activity for such an early morning, but the dragonets clearly were ready to get moving and shaking and setting out to finding theirs! The anticipation and excitement that hung in the air with the humming of the dragons quickly had driven any last lingering dregs of sleep away to begin with. Clad in the traditional white robe and sandals of standing candidates, Haizea had found herself a nice place to stand among the girls after having bowed in thanks and greeting to Kleoth and Phyrana. There seemed to be little wait before shells started shifting and cracking, before dragonets started to get their feet underneath them and interacting with each other, friendly or otherwise, and some making their ways to check out the candidates that stood for their consideration.

Aside from offering the odd smile or outturned palm to any dragonet that ventured near, Haizea was trying to keep a running mental tally on which eggs had hatched and doing headcounts of the little dragons that she could see, which she had some difficulty with since she hadn't parked herself in the front. Probably should have, seeing that she was only just over five foot tall. By her count, there were ten or so dragonets out, a set of twins, plenty of little fellows out, a few green girls, plus Kleoth helping another in escaping their shell, perhaps a little white? Her train of thought in trying to guess who may impress whom based on what personalities were on display and who she knew among her fellow candidates was derailed with two questions that popped up in her mind.

'Well, Haizea? Are you going to come and get your Scalariventh or not? I'm hungry.'

A soft gasp escaped her at the connection and she couldn't help but give a short laugh at how caught off guard she had been, and the subsequent growl that rose from her own belly. Of course she was going to go get him! Carefully though quickly making her way out and away from the gathered, the woman approached her bondmate who was still nestled in his deep wallow among the remnants of his egg shell that he hadn't sampled. Scalariventh... "Look at you," She drew out, just in utter astonished adoration. It was Haizea's turn to sigh as she ran her hands down the sides of her face as she dropped into a deep squat next to her solid, chonky blue who had turned his head to meet her gaze with his own. "I'm so sorry to have kept you waiting, Scalariventh. I'm here now. Let's go get you fed."

He angled his head at her. 'I'd like that, Haizea, but I had been so comfortable here. Would you carry me?'

At the request, the newly minted weyrling absently pulled her hair into a bun, using a long stray strand to wrap and temporarily secure her hair up and out of the way as she pondered how to best fulfill the request, because there was no question or doubt in her mind that she was going to absolutely carry her baby blue over to those tables. It was a precious request indeed. Baby dragons didn't stay so little and carriable for long at all before they quickly outgrow such requests. Hmm... She rocked back on her heels, considering her options. First, she thought of perhaps scooping him up about his middle, but his wings and how awkward a walk that would probably be made that a strong no. Maybe one arm under his chest, supporting him between his front legs, and her other arm around his hips to support his belly? Mm...Had potential but still may be awkward since she didn't know how well she'd be able to see going forward, again wings and her baby blue blocking her view in front of her. She'd have to be careful to not trip with how top heavy she'd be. Hmmm. "I have an idea, but I'll need a little help from you, okay? Mind sitting up for me? And I'll need you to move with me as I lift, but I think this'll be the safest way to go."

He sighed once more but a swirl of pleased blue green showed his feelings on the matter. 'Alright. Up we go then.' Scalariventh sat up in his wallow. His dipped low, prompting him to raise a foreleg with her hand, and with a relatively smooth motion, and a whispered instruction of 'wings up please', the hefty blue was scoop up and over her head to rest across her shoulders and upper back as she straightened her own posture to be more upright, her hands quickly finding a place on his forward hip and back shoulder to make sure he was secure.

"Feeling okay up there before I get to my feet?" Haizea asked with a smile. She could feel the beat of his hearts against her shoulder, the solidness under his hatchling chub. His hide was baby soft and so warm.

Settling his wings neatly on his back, Scalariventh gazed around at his siblings and parents from his new vantage point. He had to say he felt quite well handled. 'Yes, I think so. I'm ready now.' Well, more than ready with the gnawing growl that rose from his stomach and echoed in that of His.

She could feel the comfort and confidence he had in her, so with a bounce or two on her heels, up she stood. With no mind to anyone who may be watching, the woman happily made her way off the hatching sands to the food tables. With similar motions in reverse, Haizea eased Scalariventh to the ground, collected a few good bite sized pieces of choice looking meat, and sat next to her bondmate, offering up the start of his first proper meal.

Oh, yes. The texture and taste were much preferable to the shards of his egg shell or the egg goop he had been covered in. Five stars!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:51 pm
Raiden - Impression Post

With clenched fists and sweaty palms, Raiden watched as one after the other, eggs began to shake. There was no distinct sense of turn-taking, but that didn’t bother the youth. The sooner these dragons hatched, the faster they would get to meet the world… and the quicker the future would arrive! He still had faith, still believed... Right? It would happen. He had to believe.

Somewhere out there, his dragon lay waiting.

Raiden was not a fortune-teller or a psychic. He did not- could not know that things beyond his imagining were setting into motion. He couldn’t know that as Emperor Penguin beat Orange and Purple Dapple to the punch of hatching first, that events that would change his life were taking place. One breath, then another. That was all the moment was. One breath. He fixed the beautiful brown dragons with a hungry grey-blue gaze, wincing slightly as they began to tussle. There was no need for the anger, no need… He wanted to soothe their nerves and send them on their way, but these were no meager runners to be cowed or hushed into obedience- no, these were the proud, fierce, newest defenders of Pern.

It seemed the battle died as it lived- on the angry breaths of hissing browns. Neither looked to seriously hurt each other- this was no bloodbath, as previous clutches had been… and Raiden released a breath he hadn’t realised he was holding. Good. Now back to it, really. He watched as more dragons hatched- some with assistance, some through sheer will… Both browns were inspecting the candidates, and Raiden felt a flicker of fear. Was he good enough? In the words of a wise, now-born baby dragon, don’t borrow trouble.

Purple Spotted Dinosaur revealed a rather dashing bronze, and Raiden found himself standing taller, pulling self-consciously at his rather small robe. Oh, now this was good fortune for the Weyr! He might not have hatched first, but he possessed an enthusiasm and poise belied by his youthfulness. Raiden could empathise with that feeling- showing yourself to be more than what you were on the inside… that was important. It was good to make a good impression. Always.

Twins! He grinned a little at this, glancing at his own twin who stood upon the sands. Well, weren’t they lucky! Anybody would be, to have a twin, and those two seemed so sweet and charming in their own way. Maybe he and his twin would Impress twin dragons, and… well, no, it looked like neither were considering the boys. Ah well. Maybe Cin would prefer her own, non-twin dragon?

The browns continued to inspect the candidates, as another group of greens seemed to judge their siblings. It was an interesting dynamic, and he wondered if their hunger didn’t quite pull at them as it did for their brothers (including the shell-eating one, oops). Then, in another breath, Orange and Purple Dapple was upon his brother once more, separating the larger brown from a man whom had no doubt offended him at the Touching… Yes, he remembered a little bit of Emperor Penguin’s disgust with the others. It had been quite a strong emotion.

The nuzzle from Grey Starry Egg brought a true smile to his face, and he chuckled a little at the dragon’s enthusiasm. What a wonderful creature- but heartbreakingly not his, for the bronze moved on to others. Would he return? Perhaps he was just doing a round of greeting before Impressing? There was a moment of pure daydream- him, flying beside Bion and Riojath, riding a brilliant, shining dragon of his own…

With a gentle shake of his head, he forced the reverie from his mind and refocused on the hatching. He hadn’t Impressed yet, and those dragons might like him and still not want him. That was possible. He hitched another deep breath and held it, deciding that the longer he could hold his breath, the better and more impressive he would be in the grand standing of candidates. Because that made sense. No, really, it was just not to feel the fear in the background of his mind’s chatter. Because the cold undercurrent of failure threatened to sweep him away if he let himself take another breath.

The bronze doubled back and Impressed another. One that he had loved. It made sense, really. Raiden deflated, the deep breath returning to him on an inhalation. The cold feeling of despair still lurked, but he pushed it aside, focusing on any dragon close. Emperor Penguin Brown drew nearer and nearer, and his mind went back to their brief, fleeting sense of communication, back at the Touching…

Don’t be so discouraged. Don’t borrow trouble… The old, familiar feelings of reassurance resonated in his mind with the dragon’s presence. He watched those red eyes, holding himself still, determined and straight-backed under the dragon’s scrutiny…

And slowly… in a moment of breathlessness, those crimson eyes turned to rainbows. A shimmering pool of colour and light stared back at him, and his heart and soul were wrapped in a warm blanket of love. Relief swept through him, pushing away the dark fears of his own self-perceived failure, and the uplifting spirit he had known at the Touching filled him beyond his wildest dreams. The confidence and self-assurance ignited something within him. He grinned. He laughed, a short bark of laughter, and ran a sweaty palm through his hair. “Regaliseth. I… I thought you’d never find me, but I understand. I do! Hatchings are chaotic!” They were mad! There should be a normal order to them, just like the Touching ought to have- imagine a Hatching where every dragonet had agreed upon their order of birth and Impression… no fights, no confusion, no mis-Impressed candidate. (Could that even happen?)

“Every moment led to you. I just didn’t know it. And yes, you were worth the wait. I would have waited another ten Turns for you to arrive.” A hug felt too silly for that moment- but to hold Regaliseth and never let go… to have his body as close as his hearts were… Raiden… no, Ra’den… he would have given anything to reassure his dragon of the truth his heart and mind knew. He reached out with a tender hand and stroked his headknobs.

Where some might have thought Regaliseth pompous and angry, Ra’den knew the depths of his love and loyalty; this dragon was spectacular, and special, and he was going to scream it from the Weyr’s peaks. “Come, let’s go eat. Then there are people we need to meet.” He thought of the Feast to come, of his sisters, of his father, of the journey he was about to take with this beautiful behemoth by his side…

The future had never looked so brilliant as it did at that moment.  

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:09 am
Sablie (She/her)

Sablie's attention was on the baby dragons in front of her, but she did think she saw an impression of one of the brown's out of the corner of her eye. Well, she would have to verify that later, when she wasn't enjoying having baby dragons so close. Last time was Guarath and one of her own brothers, though Lyf had more the experience in both cases. She had been but an observer really, other than speaking to Guarath as the green grew. These two were actually talking to them, at least the blue was, and she would certainly take it. She grinned as Dascyana knelt down to talk to the twins, letting them know how beautiful they were, thanking them for coming over, and assuring the green their's would be happy to find them.

"She is right, ya two are precious and your's will be over the moon when you go to them. Good luck to both of ya,"Sablie told them fondly. She felt the green twin's gentle hand nudge, which was such a thrill to the blonde. Especially when the green did the same to her friend, who she imagined was just as happy about it. Then she noticed the green looking over her shoulder, to her rider perhaps? The blue twin added his own gratitude and agreement to Dascyana's statement, before he booped both of them. She watched them both head for the boys, though did not see any rainbows quite yet.

"Well, that was definitely wonderful. And I definitely think you made their day,"she commented to her friend. She looked around to notice the sandy baby was not on the sands anymore, along with the smaller of the browns. So she had been right when she thought she saw one of the browns impress. She noticed a new white on the scene, who looked absolutely petrified. His white sister was trying so hard to comfort him from the looks of it. She could only hope he could find his rider, so they could soothe him. She also saw the grouping of greens, the ones her friend mentioned earlier. She wasn't sure what they were doing, surely they wanted to find their riders...right? She also noticed the other brown had found their bondmate too. She also noticed one of the little whites glancing back at their sister, the one whose egg she had touched.

Maybe your riders will make both of you feel better. Relieve your terror and help you feel not alone.she thought gently to both whites. She remembered when the lightning white had been upset because she thought she had done something wrong. Oh, she could only hope both whites..actually all the babies found their special someones. Bone blue seemed to be looking for his, hopefully it wouldn't be too hard. With how regal he had sounded earlier, she couldn't imagine he was her's. However, she knew he would find his other half. She also saw dusty rainbow give a lurch..but then was quiet. The other bronze that had hatched seemed to be greeting others, like his brother had been earlier.

BastetAmun
That was awesome!

Zaikt
Greens aren't has ready to bond as Guarath, it seems lol

demon_pachabel
Encouraging words for little white

Mr Cheri
Encouraging words for little white

Edalla and Green Moilath

Edalla had to admit, she had not been right about who would be first to impress. However, if anything, she should know that dragons did not always do what one would expect. At the mention of the one sandy baby, she could now see it was a bronze herself. She could feel her beloved green's mental nudge for her to socialize more. She knew Moilath had been hoping that since she became part of a coterie. She mentally sighed, though sent love up to where her bondmate was resting.

"I don't know, the boys seem more interested in impressing at the moment. Only the green twin has gotten near the candidates for the girls. You don't think they would be gossiping...do you?"Edalla asked, hearing what both her companions spoke.

Hmm, the browns definitely seem confident and full of fire. The whites are precious, though the one seems petrified, I do hope he will be okay. I would assume his rider will help him out there, as soon as he reaches out to them. I think the green will go to one of the girls standing sure of themselves,Moilath replied. Though, she knew each dragon needed something different. She had needed Edalla for her strength, while her rider needed her softness.

faesinger

Samuel Carlin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:16 am
Zaexillia [WW] - 18 - she/her/hers - Candidate/Apprentice Healer

Shaddaling
Odellet has some adventures!

It was proceeding as well as could be hoped. Zae was glad when the brothers stopped fighting, although happier still when they Impressed. Neither seemed to glance at the women on the sands, which was a-okay with her. Her future did not contain an aggressive, unhappy dragon, she hoped.

When Pink Flower hatched twins, Zae gasped silently to herself. Oh, that was simply marvellous! The blue brother seemed to be guiding the green sister along, and she watched them greet candidates together. That was ever so sweet.

She was not aware- nor could she immediately appreciate- Odellet’s attached to Grey Starry Bronze. His hatching and subsequent wanderings were almost pushed from her mind as he navigated towards the boys, certain they wouldn’t get a look in… but he continued to visit different candidates, before pouncing on the girl beside her. This time Zae did audibly gasp, but there was no blood, no shredding, no cries or screams. She worked the scholarly look of neutrality back onto her face, observing the pair. They seemed… very friendly. She was glad Odd wasn’t hurt… but had she Impressed a bronze? What the shards and shells?

Odellet and her dragon, and Western Weyr, were going to revolutionise hatchings.

Oh, maybe she mis-thought. There were no rainbows indicative of a bond, and the more she watched, the more she figured perhaps they had become friends during the Touching. A shadow of a smile crept across the melancholy girl’s face, sitting there until she herself became involved. She waved slightly as Grey Starry Bronze took notice of her, quite unable to stop herself from smiling like a fool.

She blinked as the bronze bespoke her, the smile vanishing in surprise. “Of course!” She answered, quite taken aback. Odellet didn’t strike her as the type that needed extra care, but Zae was dutiful when it came to caring for others, and she was sharding good at it. “Do you need a hand up? The sands are hot.” It wasn’t a necessary observation- but a gentle reminder that it was better to be on one’s feet (for more than a sandy reason, as accidents did happen during hatchings). She offered her hand, although Odellet had gotten to her feet without need for assistance. “That was really… heartwarming to watch. Sorry. I didn’t want to get involved, but I also don’t want you to be hurt.” If anything did happen, Zae was ready.

Another bronze seemed to draw closer, and one of Zae's carrot-coloured eyebrows disappeared into her errant fringe. "Odellet..." She began, but was interrupted by the charming creature's discourse. He had such poise and magnetism about him... she was almost disappointed that there were no rainbows in his eyes. Imagine, the first female bronzerider- either Odd or herself... now, wouldn't that be grand. "You're as handsome as your brother..." She reached out a tentative hand to pat Dinosaur Bronze, uncertain if it was allowed when one hadn't Impressed... she didn't want to hurt him, or get herself hurt in the process. "And just as friendly. It's good to meet you!"

-----

Lafyrra [WW] - 15 - she/her/hers - Candidate/Apprentice Harper

ShinosBee
Hi Natiri cool

It was hard not to be worried, but when the dragons stopped fighting, Lafyrra relaxed with a breathy sigh. “I was really concerned they’d hurt each other, but I think it was just boy posturing, right?” There was a note of gentle teasing in her voice, as if suggesting that this was something Natiri knew all about. She tried to keep her mind welcoming, warm and inviting, but something about these browns didn’t quite… speak to her.

Now the group of green dragons- that, she liked. She stood a little taller, bobbing from one foot to the other in the hopes of getting their attention. “Gosh- those greens are darling, aren’t they? Just so pretty. What do you reckon? Is there any egg you felt a bond with?” Of course, he might think the bronzes and browns were more appealing. Or maybe the blues- ooh, there were some beautiful blues amongst them.

When would Dusty Rainbow hatch? She played with the ribbon in her hair, hoping it would emerge soon and they could chat, and maybe she could make up another song… Faranth, wouldn’t that be something! A song for a dragon’s hatching. She should work on the tune right that second. She hummed a melody under her breath, watching the dragons interact with the various candidates, sticking close to Natiri in case something happened.

And something did happen! He was accosted by the Emperor Penguin egg. Lafyrra stepped away, not wanting to get in the middle of Natiri’s Impression. Her heart beat heavily in her chest at the thought of being left alone on the sands, but… no, it seemed as if the brown did not want her friend. “He’d make the best rider.” She offered to Emperor Penguin’s retreating back. “You will. I just know it Nat.” She stepped back in beside him, offering him a comforting, supportive smile (it looked more like her regular grin, but she tried).

“Oooh- twins! That’s a good sign right?” The non-stop commentary/chatterbox had no off switch from the looks of things. With Kleoth assisting her children where necessary, and siblings helping each other, there was a very friendly air about this hatching. It was quite enjoyable so far.  

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas