Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
TM1 - A Snagem Siesta in Paldea [Complete/Free Posting] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DeoLux

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:00 pm
As Deo went and got his key from Sub. he then went back to the fortune teller. He looked nervous as his normally calm but cautious self was more nervous and worried now. He then entered the tent and asked with a hint of concern. "Greetings, I was human at one time, but on the night of March 7th I was made into a hybrid not by my choice. I ask if you can peer into that time frame and see who made me this..." he paused, wanting to say monster so bad it almost hurt. "Hybrid." he finally said, ignoring his inner instinct to call himself a monster.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:17 pm
After the congratulations, I stayed around for a moment more, mostly to listen about what his Pokémon were about. The Ceruledge, the one that I did rightfully point out to be a fire type and suspected to be a ghost type as well, actually had my attention. And a name drop…a Charcadet. I’d have to look into that at some point or another. After one last ‘good match’, I made my way off back for Tristen and Freth who stayed off to the side, not wanting to get caught up by the sudden crowd that made their way around me upon my victory. They knew I would be with them as soon as all was over.

“Feel better now?” Freth asked.

“A bit.” I said. “Let’s just hope it stays that way.”

“Are you going to be looking for another battle, Blizz?” Tristen then spoke up.

“Maybe. But first, I think I want to try to go to that Pokémon Center. Sol said that one should be up there, right?”

“I think so…” Tristen stated.

“Yea, let’s get Typhlosion back to the world of consciousness first. Man, though, not sure if he’s going to be able to live down getting taken out by the region’s Pikachu expy…” I said.

“He’ll be fine.” Freth said.

The three of us would make our way through the port, taking in the sights along the way. We passed through what seemed to be a residential area and then finally to the top of the hill, where…things…got…weird. The three of us stared at the tiny structure before us, then I went back to the edge of the cliff to look down upon the port town. “Blizz? What are you looking for?”

“An actual Pokémon center.” I replied, somewhat annoyed now. “Anyone see any building with a red distinctive roof?” I asked.

“I…think that is the Pokémon Center.” Freth said.

“That’s a blasted kiosk!” I said. “Seriously, a port town with a thousand or so people going through it a day, with about as many Pokémon, and you’re telling me that tiny thing is all they get?” I asked. “I don’t know if I should ask for a Pokémon to get healed or ask if the pumps are self-serve.”

“The wha-?” Tristen stared in confusion.

I stared at Tristen for a few seconds, then to Freth. “Freth, I’m old.”

“That’s two of us. All the same, I’m not sure what the problem is.” Freth said.

“Come on, you can’t believe that things stay so honkey-dory in this place that it warrants nothing more than a mere healing table on the outskirts of town, do you?” I asked.

“I’ve heard of stranger.” Freth said.

“Can he be any more of a drama queen?” The hunter asked within Freth’s consciousness.

“Should have seen him back during his first time in Unova.” Freth then spoke up, which to me came off out of context until I realized what was going on.

“Is she still talking crap?” I asked.

“In this case? Rightfully so.” Freth said. “As much as a traditionalist you are, which can sometimes be one of your better suits, it at the same time can be one of your worst, making things out worse than what they are.”

Realizing that I wasn’t going to win this debate either, nor is it getting Typhlosion back up to the world of consciousness, I went off to the Pokémon Center for Typhlosion to be tended to, holding my tongue towards the couple of staff members at this desk. One apparently mans the Pokémon Center portion, another, a mart for supplies. What would catch Tristen’s attention in particular is a machine which seemed to be able to make Technical Machines of all things, the one and done sorts than the reusable ones. Though making them was a whole other matter…exchanging various parts that perhaps came off of wild Pokémon, rather it was shed off or battered off in battle or something of that sort.

“How does a TM disc come from a couple of Fletchling feathers…are they just…traded?” Tristen asked.

“It…doesn’t look like it. See, there’s a deposit box there to feed materials in. And there’s where you insert the money to do it.”

“…how does a computer disc come from something natural like that!?” Tristen asked, dumbfounded.

“You’ve only ever trained moves the hard way, so you wouldn’t know, but better question is how do they actually learn from the disc?” Freth then asked, perhaps in a notion to twist the Manetric’s mind more.

“Hell, one time, when Aden’s Nidoking was still a Nidoran, Aden spun a TM disc on his Pokémon’s forehead, threading the disc on his horn and had it spin on his horn like a record.” I said.

“You’re making that up.” Tristen said. I then looked at Tristen, staring at him for a good few seconds, making him slowly realize I wasn’t joking. “…never mind.”

It was not too long after where the three of us would get a ping from Sub, stating the hotels were ready. Ready to leave the kiosk, we found our way to the hotel and went off for the night.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:17 pm
The Trinket Stand

Amaranth found herself looking to the wood again, making a note to jot down what the seller was talking about. Her comments about the Evergrow Wood she apparently picked up were interesting, even if she could safely say she wouldn't have an idea on how to make it grow at present. If she could, for that matter, but Flying did have a way of mingling with other types and she did have a Tropius... albeit still in need of purification. Maybe handle that soon. But for now, her thinking was to pick her (and later Sub's) brain with the moment she had. That is, until she was just given the artifact. No accidentally stealing it, no lethally forceful acquisition. It was just hers now, and her slightly surprised expression gave enough of an indicator that she wasn't expecting it. Or, she'd had a Murkrow rub off on her without realizing it.

"Um, thanks? I'll take good care of it. And I do have a question," she replied, thinking back to what Volo had said about the tiki artifact. Both its brief details and how it was apparently affixed to other instruments sometimes. Or, more likely, other artifacts. "Or I guess two questions. What do you know about these?" She'd unstrap the hammer to allow a clearer look at it compared to behind her back, motioning to the tiki afterward since by now. "I know you recognized this, and this hammer... most I know is it used to belong to a Rock Channeler that I haven't been able to find."

Egg Stand

"This isn't the first egg I've cared for, but thanks," Cera said, nodding as she took the egg. She'd give it a confused look as she walked away, lightly rubbing at one of the question marks. It didn't seem to be coming off, but she wasn't sure if that was from it being permanent marker or a quirk of the egg.

Fortune Teller

It took all of a couple seconds of the medallion's glow for Aden to realize there was probably some truth to the fortune teller's abilities. He wasn't as versed with artifacts as some of the others, but he definitely recognized the energy coming from it alongside Rabsca and what started with humoring some hack turned to curiosity at what the Channeler before him would see. He got some answers in the form of his life flashing through its various stages, cutting off intermittently once it reached his teenage years. "Not sure what to tell you...?" He spoke up, trading a puzzled look himself to save face. But through the teller's confusion, he already knew why he'd seemingly vanish; it lined up well with his travels through Johto and the run-in with Celebi during it, let alone a number of events from there. He had a hard time seeing that as any fault of the Channeler or his Rabsca and if anything, would've been more impressed if he was able to see any of the time traveling, let alone able to make any sense of it.

Eventually, he'd see another image show on Rabsca's orb like the CD of his life skipped ahead several tracks, staring at the images himself. He thought about trying to peer into the teller's mind briefly, see if there was anything he wasn't saying, but he felt it might interfere with the channeling link. And if not that, then a title match for Champion in some region was about as far from a premonition as it could get; it had been quite some time since his last run at a gym circuit, too. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to go at it again, and he did recall a similar remark from Sol recently...

"I think you've said just enough, thanks," he'd reply, giving a small smile and agreeing with the notion. "And maybe some psychic interference? I'd try not to worry about it too much, maybe it'll make sense in time." He'd walk on out of the tent, hoping he hadn't given the fortune teller some sort of personal crisis with his abilities. Or the Celebi that might've been giggling elsewhere.

Later, at the Absorver Inn

Sol would catch up with the others at the hotel around the same time that Blizz's small entorage did, giving a wave when he saw them. "Hey, found the Pokemon Center alright?" He asked, figuring he probably did, but they were different than the other regions, so it didn't hurt to make sure. "I know they're... a bit diferente from the other regions."

---

The rest would, after some time, make it to the inn themselves. Cera with an egg in her arms and still transformed, Aden with a few things to think about, Amaranth with a third artifact in her possession somehow and a lot of stuff she needed to research.

"Well, definitely won't have a problem keeping this warm," Cera remarked at the idea of going through a desert, shifting the egg into one arm so she could take the key card. "Though I'm... well, I could probably just revert back, that'll be safer, but I don't exactly have much in the way of desert clothes otherwise."

"Wouldn't you run cooler transformed?" Aden asked as he took his own card. "Yanno, the fur and all- wait, right, that'd still be on you."

Cera nodded. "Yeah. Without the clothes, I should be able to take the heat better. Or I could maybe get someone to use an Ice or Water move and Mimic that to stay cool. Or maybe copy someone's Fire energy..."

"Right... anyways, I should be fine? The sand'll probably be more an issue than the heat."

---

"Probably good that I brought Pelipper along this time... oh! Sub, I wanted to ask you... about..." After Amaranth was given her key card, Sub had departed to his room and she'd have to ask him about artifact stuff later. "Er. Sleep well...?" She'd soon look for her room too, being among the first to turn in.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:44 pm
Handing over the money to the artifact dealer, Reno would quickly turn away so he didn't end influencing whatever game Amaranth and the dealer seemed to be playing. Or if it wasn't a game, quickly turn back to give Amaranth some backup on whatever the heck this was. Until then, he set himself to do what came to mind first with a new water bottle: opening it up to smell how clean it was inside. And as the gourd was uncorked and the remnants of whatever contents the bottle had previously possessed hit Reno's nose, the man would recoil like the bottle had actually punched him in the stomach. "What the hell!? Why does it smell like Rogaine and cheap hair dye!?" Reno shouted, stumbling a little as he recorked the gourd. "Okay, rinsing that out with bleach twice before ever drinking from it."

Turning back to the dealer and Amaranth, he would see them discussing.....a stick. Why a stick? Did this woman just deal in things that sounded cool and were actually nothing? Maybe if he could hear anything over the smell that was still in his nostrils, he might be able to judge.

-----

Aria would give a chuckle as she saw Abby set off in the direction that she had just pointed for where everyone had gone. It had been fun to tease the girl there but she didn't need to try pushing her too much. Especially since it wouldn't be sporting to run her out of attempting to be an online personality like that. Maybe she needed to see the stuff that Iono did? That had certainly been an eye opener for Aria, maybe it had something to offer Abby as well. Either way, it seemed like they had been set up for rooms and it was time to grab some shut eye before she tried to steer this vacation towards Levincia.

----

Up in her room, Leslie would be staring at her egg that she had managed to get from the egg stand. It may have been a little costly and slightly fueled due to her own dismay over the Mega Diploma, but at least it was something of a win. Getting her SNAG out, she would swipe past the notification for another of the medical tests she had done after her dehybridization before finally getting something resembling a connection to GRAY to talk to him, or at least send the AI a message. "Tried to get a Mega Diploma. Failed miserably. So say hello to Mori." She twisted her SNAG to point the camera at the egg as she spoke, indicating towards the egg that now sat in the middle of the bed. "It will hatch into some local Fairy type Pokemon. So I'm hoping it will give us something new to try out." She would look towards her SNAG, finally trying to see if GRAY had managed to get at least enough of a connection for an actual call or if she had just made a very short video diary to send to her friend once there was some actual service for their devices.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:17 pm
Odd felt the energy welling up before he even saw the images flashing through the orb that Pokemon -Rabsca, it had been called- was spinning. This was definitely a Channeler and not some cheap dollar store hack trying to earn some coin off of tourists. When the man was done reading Aden's fortune, he cocked his head to the side. He wasn't entirely familiar with the hybrid's time travel shenanigans, either, only that he had been gone for quite a while and reappeared during the final battle with Ein with a Celebi in tow. He realized at that that he should really ask for more details in that regard eventually.

Upon Deo's approach, he'd wait to see what happened, only for sad hybrid to leave almost immediately. "I'd suggest not getting too involved with our group with abilities like that. You might find out more than you're ready to handle." He told the man as he turned to walk away. It was about that time Deo returned and he offered a small wave to the colossal Luxray hybrid. "I wouldn't hold my breath for that one. Seems like he can only get a general idea of the past or the future judging from Aden's prophecy." He warned, checking the message he'd received on his SNAG shortly after Aden had begun his experience. As usual, he couldn't make heads or tails of the text but the map he received explained enough. "Sub must have found a room." He noted to himself, following the map to the hotel without too much trouble.

Upon entering the lobby and seeing other Snagems arriving and receiving their keycards to their rooms, the Ghost Channeler paused when he received his. Lykas wasn't here tonight... This was going to be a weird night. It had been a while since the last time he'd slept alone, after all. He would eventually find his way to the room in question and entered to find it a bit spartan but fully functional with the basic necessities. Deciding on the bed first, he'd change into something for bed and crawled onto the overly stiff mattress and scratchy bedcovers, letting out a small sigh. "A trip across a desert tomorrow, huh? Might be better off staying here..." He muttered to himself. That heat was not going to treat him well, he knew.

~~~

Wren had watched the end of Blizzard's battle with a bit of amusement. He had to admit he still didn't know a lot of Pokemon or their types so it was interesting to see someone else in such a state. It wasn't long after that that he saw the others start receiving messages on their SNAGs and his own went off about the same time, informing him of the hotel acquisition. Without much else holding his focus at this point, he'd head that way, pausing along the way when he spotted a vendor selling books. One of them in question seemed to be a Pokemon Encyclopedia. It was listed as "Volume 1", claiming to list 100 of the Paldean native Pokemon. "How many volumes are there to this series?" He asked the vendor. "4 in all but I only have this one left at the moment." The woman manning the stall replied. "Are you an academic?"

"Not in the traditional sense, no." Wren replied. "But I'm new to the area and could benefit from an understanding of the local Pokemon if my group is to spend any time exploring the region outside the towns we visit."

The Channeler would proceed to haggle with the woman for a bit until he managed to successfully purchase the book from her for around 700 Poké. It wouldn't be the most helpful since it seemed to be aimed at children rather than being a true encylopedia but it told names and types and that was enough for now.

He'd proceed on to the hotel from there, meeting up with Sub and the others to receive his room key without being too much later than most of the others.

~~~

Clare took the offered mystery egg from the vendor and proceeded to rub at it a bit. "I'm a bit confused... Are they supposed to have these kinds of marks on them?" They asked, very put off by the question marks on the eggs. They almost looked artificial, as if painted over the normal pattern of the egg but they weren't coming off and the hybrid didn't want to risk damaging the egg or the Pokemon inside, so they didn't rub for more than a moment or two before noticing the vendor had moved on to other buyers, presenting Monique, then Cera and then Abby, it looked like, with eggs of their own, each in turn. "Never mind..." They decided. It wasn't like it mattered as long as the Pokemon that hatched wasn't harmed by it.

Their SNAG went off a moment later, informing them off a hotel having been found so they tucked the egg into their bag and proceeded to find their way there. "Thank you!" They exclaimed upon accepting their room key from Sub. "My new Pokemon Egg will definitely appreciate a soft place to rest for the night!"

Making their way off to their room, the first thing they would do would be to bundle up their egg on the bed and then proceed to shower up before going to bed for the night.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:07 pm
I really was hoping to see more action, or maybe get a battle in, myself, but the battlefield cleared out once Blizzard was done with it. It did seem a shame, but it was getting a little bit late anyway. I was about to say as such, but I let those words remain unsaid when I heard my SNAG go off. "Alright, Sub's got our room situation set up. Wanna start heading that way?"

"I guess," Keiko shrugged. It wasn't until that point that I realized; Keiko wasn't really enjoying herself. I wanted to talk to her about it, but some part of me insisted that it was better to wait until were were alone in our hotel room to bring it up. As we made our way to the inn, we came across a kiosk that caught my attention because it took me a bit to realize that the kiosk was what served as Pokecenters in this region.

"Huh. They finally streamlined the Pokecenter experience," I remarked off-handedly.

"Huh?" Keiko asked. She kept walking when i stopped to consider the kiosk, so she had to stop and turn around to see where I was, then turn to see what I was looking at. "Oh. Wow, yeah!" she said surprisedly. "That's weird. I thought the reasons Pokecenters were large buildings was so that trainers had a place to spend the night as they went from route to route. What's the deal?"

"It might have something to do with the way the Pokemon League is set up in this region,' I commented. "Or it might just be a prototype design that the League is testing. We may end up seeing this in other regions, depending on how this goes."

"I guess," Keiko shrugged, like she didn't really know what to think of it. "Though come to think of it, I'm surprised more regions don't update their Pokemon Centers. Last time I saw Kanto and Johto, they had their Pokemon Marts in separate buildings."

"Eh, updates like that cost money," I shrugged, knowing full well that money was a government official's favorite excuse, not that it wasn't a valid one. "Then again, I'm sure there are some people that prefer the old setups," I added.

"Huh, neat," a young, deep, but feminine voice rung out behind us. It took Keiko and me a minute to realize Absinthe had caught up to us, her Blaziken following behind her and holding an egg. But that was basically where the conversation ended and the three of us continued heading to the hotel.

~*~

"For 'best they got', this place is kind of a dump," Absinthe huffed as we arrived.

"Better than a motel," I remarked, which seemed to get the young Deathrage to quieten down. "Besides, with all the costs of running an underground base, I wouldn't go expecting anything super fancy from Sub to begin with. Not like he asked us to pitch in for the cost," I pointed out.

"Fair," Abby shrugged before hauling her luggage up to her room. Keiko and I simply walked. We packed light because we knew that, now that we're here in Paldea, we could have any of our Psychic-types port us between here and HQ if we needed to grab anything. Abby didn't have one of those, but didn't have many posessions either, so while it looked like she packed somewhat light, she actually packed everything she owned. Except her new egg. Angela was still following behind her with that.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:48 pm
DeoLux
As Deo went and got his key from Sub. he then went back to the fortune teller. He looked nervous as his normally calm but cautious self was more nervous and worried now. He then entered the tent and asked with a hint of concern. "Greetings, I was human at one time, but on the night of March 7th I was made into a hybrid not by my choice. I ask if you can peer into that time frame and see who made me this..." he paused, wanting to say monster so bad it almost hurt. "Hybrid." he finally said, ignoring his inner instinct to call himself a monster.
Aden would leave just as Deo was coming in, the fortune teller unable to take his eyes off the Celebi/Ho-oh hybrid as he left. The old man would stare at the part in the tent which Aden had passed through for a good long while before finally acknowledging Deo's presence. "Oh, sorry...my, you're a tall one." He chuckled, laughing as he finally noticed Deo and his towering stature.

"March seventh? Well that certainly helps me make adjustments, I assume you have no memory of the events that transpired. No matter, Rabsca shows all!" With a flourish of his hands and a flap of his extra long sleeves the bug's orb would begin to spin and glow before images of Sandgem Town, as soon from above, appear in the orb. The image would shift through town before finally showing a human Deo out one night after work, attacked, and then carted away.

The images go blank for awhile before showing the inside of what looks like a surgery room, a very dirty one, with various machines lining the wall. There are other persons in the room, most seemingly dead, left on their beds to be disposed of later, all of them hybrids, apparently failed. The image then focuses in on a hybridized Deo, unconscious but very much alive, laying on a bed. There is no sound but the fortune teller knows what he sees.

"Yes, you were their first successful hybrid in a series of many failures. I see...I see that you were intended to be a weapon, the result of research stolen from another. Looking deeper the one that turned you into this form had little knowledge over the process, thus so many failures. As for their identity...show me, Rabsca! Show me a face!" The old man demanded, the images slowly inching towards the white lab coated individual next to Deo's bed. He had pale skin, glasses, and short blond hair with one long blue streak, he was tapping away on a screen fixed to the sleeve of his coat.

"C...his name starts with a C...it is...Col...Colress! The one standing besides you is Colress!" The fortune teller declared before the orb's images disappeared in a flash. "And that is all I can tell you. Is this Colress the one that turned you into this? I do not know, or rather I cannot say." He said with a sly grin, again seeming to withhold information. "Take what knowledge I have given you and find the real answers you seek for yourself."  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:16 pm
The Snagems would retire to their hotel for the night, getting comfy and nestling in their beds as they prepared for another day of vacation in this strange new region. That was until their SNAGs rang with a message from Larrimore.

Larrimore

Possible Shadow Pokemon encountered just outside town, very violent. Back up requested.

The message said, his location pinged on their SNAGs. If anyone tried to contact GRAY they would find him unresponsive with a notice that he was undergoing routine maintenance and updates pertaining to new information in Paldea. If they instead tried to contact Sub he was fast asleep like many others. Unfortunately for Larrimore only a few Snagems would wake up to see his message, but hopefully it would be enough to assist him.

(Only one of your characters will wake up in time to see the message and join Larrimore outside town.)

At the side of the hill of which Porta Marinada was at the bottom of, just yards away from the 'official' boundaries of the city, was Larrimore and his Pineco, wielded as a flail, doing battle with a tower black capped and purple limbed Tentacruel, standing on its tentacles, a cloud of purple surrounding it. While the creature was certainly way bigger than an average Tentacruel at eight feet tall and a much different color the strangest part was it was standing, on land, and not swimming in the ocean. It was however dark outside and just far away from the city to only rely on starlight, a new moon providing little to no illumination.

Besides its strange appearance Larrimore was right, this thing was mad, very aggressive. If it was a Shadow Pokemon that would explain the aggressiveness but what was particularly worrying was the way it looked, not too dissimilar from the physical changes in Shadow Mewtwo.

"Good, I need help!" Larrimore called out as he saw the first of his teammates arrive, barely dodging a swing of one of the monster's tentacle. "This thing looks heavily Shadowfied!" Larrimore declared, commanding his Pineco to use Iron Defense as he lunged at the Tentacruel and slammed the Pineco into it only for the jellyfish to smack him back after hitting it. Hopefully the others weren't too groggy to help.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:37 pm
I woke up to the sound of beeping. I didn't immediately remember where I was or when I got into my hotel room, but this certainly wasn't our room in HQ. "Babe, can you calm her down?" Keiko mumbled as she turned in her sleep, apparently thinking in the midst of grogginess that an electronic beeping sound was the sound of Yuna crying.

Ignoring that, I dug in my bag until I felt the familiar casing of my SNAG, pulled it up, and stared at the screen until my eyes focused enough to let me read. "Oh, boy," I huffed, lightly tossing the device back into my back. I then spent the next ten minutes getting my stuff together before leaving the room.

~*~

"I'm here," I spoke up as I made it out the doors of the hotel. As soon as I got an eye-full of the Shadowified, Tentacruel-like Pokemon, I immediately popped a Vivid Scent into my Immunizer, spreading a zone surrounding it. Rala was in no condition to battle and none of my other Pokemon have been infected except for one I haven't purified yet. With that, I let Brunor out of his ball. "Get ready to attack. Swords Dance!" I ordered.

Brunor began emanating Normal-type energy in a ritualistic dance meant to improve his strength. We'd need it against a Shadow Pokemon this big.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:43 pm
Wren hadn't fallen asleep yet when he heard his SNAG go off, picking it up to see what was going on. Immediately grabbing his belt of Nest Balls and tucking his SNAG into his pocket, the shoeless Snagem dashed out of his hotel room toward the marked location on the map he'd received. Hopefully he wasn't the only one to get the message. Upon arriving, he'd notice the "Tentacruel" and immediately picked up on two things. First was that this Tentacruel was being very terrestrial for an aquatic Pokemon and second was that it didn't "feel" like a Water-type. Maybe it was the strange energy swirling around it blocking out it's normal energies but whatever was going on, he couldn't get a feel for it's energy. The only other thing that gave him the anxiety he was feeling looking at this thing were Shadow Pokemon. Larrimore had to be right about that.

Grabbing a Nest Ball from his belt, he was glad he'd brought this one along as an emergency measure. Tossing out the ball, he released Hellebore, his Shadowfied Drampa, glad to see Terashi had arrived with an Immunizer to be safe. "Hellebore, use Tailwind!" He called out, hoping to whip the gathered Snagems' Pokemon into a frenzied attack that could overpower the beast before it had the chance to turn the tables on them.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:24 pm
Sol would seemingly hear the ping from his SNAG thanks to Larrimore's message, responding by an arm flailing around until it manages to silence the device as he rolled over and continued to sleep. Shortly after, the TV in the room would turn on despite the remote being nowhere nearby to be accidentally hit, playing some Unovan movie in the background. Something about someone from an unknown region with an Unovan as they jumped from a building mid-explosion.

SubonicXP

Cera, however, would turn out to be a slightly lighter sleeper, stirring as she was curled around her egg in her normal form and checking the SNAG as her eyes tried to adjust to the light of its display. When they did, her face went pale as she shot out of bed in an instant. "What's going... on... wait, wha- ugh, no, not now!" She looked to the Snag Machine, knowing she needed to take it with her and that the desert was probably pretty cold right now. Then, she looked at the egg and the haphazard blankets around it. "Er... right. Keep you warm."

Taking just long enough to move the blankets in a way to wrap around the egg, she'd transform again to have her Snag Machine ready and hope the extra clothing would give a little more warmth as she hurried out the hotel. Larrimore would, after a moment, see Cera hovering just over the ground as she tried to propel herself a little faster with Psychic energy... and she froze for a moment when she saw the purple Tentacruel... standing? And she couldn't detect the virus' corruption at all either, making her think back to the Stakataka incident and how she didn't want a repeat of that.

"I think I could do without another thing like that Mewtwo- uh, r-right, here!" Scrambling to jam a Joy Scent into the Immunizer and activate it, she'd step in a bit more to hopefully provide some sort of extra protection for the others alongside Ter. Then, she'd send out Joltik and make sure to keep him close to avoid potential infection from the Tentacruel or anyone else. "Joltie, slow them down with an Electroweb!"

As Joltik managed to spin and fire off an electrified web at the huge Pokemon before the others, she'd see about letting off a Psychic blast after a brief bit to focus... if a little underwhelming compared to what she might be able to do under better circumstances. "...er, sorry, still waking up. And it's kinda cold."  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:04 pm
BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Monique woke up with a start. What was that!? The SNAG blared with a message.

Possible Shadow Pokemon encountered just outside town, very violent. Back up requested.

Monique threw on the light by her bed to find another nasty surprise. The Pokémon Egg had unexpectedly hatched, leaving shards of egg everywhere and exposing its content: a large, blue worm Pokémon that looked like it was longer than the bed and about which the Pokédex had no information at all. She was getting tired of this same old scratchy recording.

But that was not the least of her worries. She scrambled down with her bag, the big worm Pokémon behind her, certainly a sight to behold if anyone were awake at this hour. She'd barely managed to remember to cast an Illusion because she most definitely had not been wearing anything while she slept. The large worm slithered in pursuit down the hilly streets and to the promenade, where she walked past the town limits and out to a sandy beach. There was Larrimore, wielding a Pokémon and fighting another one with a huge purple crowd surrounding it. She couldn't see anything in the dark of night, something she was very unused to because the Dome had some of its own built-in illumination that activated at night.

If it was near the beach, Monique presumed, it probably would be Water-type. In addition to the worm trailing her, whatever moves it knew, Monique sent out Castform. This level of light was unnerving. She needed light. She needed... "Sunny Day!" Hopefully, this would help the Snagems actually see what they were fighting.  

MoniqueBrie

DeoLux

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:07 pm
It was hard for Deo to sleep, knowing who was standing there when he was hybridized. Colress. Deo was filled with dark thoughts. How he could off him in so many fashions and how to make sure no one found out. He heard something, people in panic. His instincts went in as he rushed down the steps and dashed straight to the danger zone. People were running every which way. Deo spotted this thing. A tentecruel, reeking with shadowed sickness. Seeing that he was facing a sea pokemon, he threw out his shinx "Prepare for battle! Shinx! Go! Use Thunder Shock!" All while he was thinking, he needs to be ready for a special visit to the training room if needed  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:06 am
Leslie would immediately notice the message and just as quickly dismiss the thing as she continued to examine her Pokemon Egg. The thing was beginning to shake and move a bit more and she was not going to let this little possibility for help hatch without her around to confirm it immediately with GRAY that it would work. Watching as a crack finally began to show in the egg and some noise could be heard from within it, the little girl would already be attempting to get something, anything, to figure out what exactly was coming out of this egg. All she knew is that it was pink and that meant absolutely nothing to her beyond confirming it was in fact a Fairy type most likely. "Alright, Mori. Lets see what you are. Maybe I'll be able to actually breath easy again after this." Leslie said to herself, already queueing herself up to connect to GRAY the second whatever maintenance he was doing finished itself.

-----

Aria sighed to herself as her stream was interrupted by the message from Larrimore. So much for another night studying up on her one guaranteed meeting in this region. Reaching towards her few Pokeballs, she would slide off her bed and take off towards the hillside that Larrimore was apparently occupying. And the absolutely bizarre looking Tentacruel that was apparently laying waste to them and the surrounding area. "What the hell kind of drugs did they feed this thing to make it this big?" Aria questioned, cracking open a Pokeball and looking towards her Toxel. "Alright, Billy. Nuzzle that thing and lock it down. No need to let it rampage so freely."

The Toxel would give a nod as electricity began to leap around its cheeks, lighting up the small baby-like Pokemon as it began to charge towards the dark Tentacruel. Hopefully it was distracted enough by the others that this effort to hinder it more directly could slip through.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:18 am
Amber and Brian both made their way to their new rooms, neither bothering to interact with their fellow Snagems. Brian was tired after the trip and the information he'd been given about Ceruledge and Pawmo, which he was convinced wasn't just a pure Electric-type, but a dual type. The question is, was his hunch correct in that it was also half Fighting-type, or did it have some other typing along with its Electric typing? He would have to do some research to find out for sure, and the best way to do that was to go out and capture one for himself. Now the question was, where could he find a Pawmi? He went to bed thinking of all the possible new Pokemon they would encounter on the trip, and made a decision to do some research in the morning.

-------------------------------------------------

Amber, on the other hand, wasn't tired at all. She didn't know if it was because of her half Ghost typing, or just because she'd always been a night owl, but sleep wasn't coming easily to her. Then again, she never slept well the first few nights in a new region, so that was nothing new. That being said, she was wide awake when the ping on her SNAG came from Larrimore about a possible Shadowified Tentacruel. Hearing that Paldea had a possible Shadow Pokemon caught her attention, and she grabbed her Pokeballs and headed outside. The thing she saw Larrimore fighting when she and the others arrived certainly looked like a Tentacruel, but not like any she'd seen before. Number one, it was entirely the wrong color, and number two, why wasn't it in the ocean? Only one way to find out. If that thing actually was a Shadow Pokemon, there was only one Pokemon on her team that could realistically take it on. Taking a ball from her belt, she tossed it into the air. A moment later, Sander, her Shadow Delcatty, stood in front of her, staring down the strange-looking Tentacruel with malice in his gaze. Amber hadn't done anything to start the purification process with him yet, so all she could do was hope he would listen as she gave him orders.

As she stared at the Tentacruel lookalike, she noticed it didn't seem to be having any trouble moving about on land, and she had to wonder if it was a Water-type at all. With this in mind, she looked at Sander, who seemed to be waiting for an order. She'd looked up what moves he knew shortly after snagging him, so she had an idea of what to use. Since Aria was having her Toxel use Nuzzle, Amber would use a different approach. "Sander, I know I haven't done anything to try and get you purified yet, but I need you to listen to me, alright?" she said, receiving only silence from the Delcatty, which was to be expected. "Our friends are in trouble, and that Tentacruel is causing havoc. I want you to use Grass Knot on the Tentacruel, alright?"

She wasn't expecting to receive an answer to her order, and she received none. Instead, Sander kept looking at this Tentacruel-looking Pokemon like he had an urge to deal some serious harm. He heard Amber's order, and while he was still fully-Shadowfied, he decided that just this once, he would obey. His eyes lit up with a green light as he gave a cry, grass springing up around the grounded tentacles of the thing they were fighting in an attempt to wrap around the tentacles themselves. If this worked, it would hopefully give the others fighting a chance to try and either deal some damage or knock it out before it could do any real damage.  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff