Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Creative Crossroads
The Writing Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Write?
  Yes!
  No. But I'll read!
  Absolutly not!
View Results

Lonegunman

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:51 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:57 pm

Naphthalim

Naphthalim

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:05 pm
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:49 pm

` B e l l e

Severed Restriction

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:08 pm
MrJimmy
shram
Well um we could pick a topic on saving the world from comiting mass suicide as a result of an evil person sending suicide gas around the world?
I was thinking more of a general theme, or a genra then a plot synopsis.

For instance you're plot could possibly be pulp fiction, and definantly adventure, and possibly even horror.

Another way we could pick a subject is to pick a word or phrase and make it the theme of our story.
ninja ninja I'm in.

Now I vanish! ninja ninja  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:21 am
Ah hell, I'll put a writing down in here. I wrote this about a year and a half ago. I haven't written much in the past year, so my writings aren't as good now (not that this one's all that good sweatdrop )

Warriors of Peace

Tired of stories
of death and deceit
of anger and lying
and lives not complete.

What happened to love
and kindness and the like?
When did the world curl it's fist
and with all it's might strike

everyone down to the ground,
into the hole of contempt?
Why can't we crawl back out
of the hole and just reinvent

ourselves as people
and our feelings again?
What happened to the human
spirit, our ability to ascend

above the hardships befallen
and the slums we grow from?
Is this not the same anymore
or was the fight over before it begun?

No!
it does not end here,
pick up yourselves and fight
and your vision will clear

into a hazeless view
of the future that comes
march toward it now
to the beat of the drums

we know so well,
like soldiers we will never stop
we will not end this war
until we win or we drop.

So pick up your arms, comrade,
and don't look so pale.
For this battleground is our stand
and we will not fail.

You see the armies driving now
forward with their cries
they launch themselves toward the prize
and sacrifice their lives

to the cause of peace
that may never be achieved
but they try so hard
for what they firmly believe

so be the same as them
and stand for what you know
So you too will go forth
and strike the vital blow

to this festering hatred
and these war-mongering men.
They wish to destroy us
with their fear-setting trends.

But they will fail as you see,
not because of iron or flint,
but because of our voices
fighting this sorrow and discontent.

So lift your weapon,
your pen, and your voice
and do your part now
the future belongs to your choice.

If your choice goes unheard
yell it all the louder,
scream at the top of your lungs
until the final hour.

And you will be heard,
your opinion recognized.
So, too, your belief
will be finally realized.

Bishop186

Jessi_Babii_10_13_90

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:32 pm
So... round robin... moved. Click the link below if you're intrested.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=2914032&page=1  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:01 pm
You guys started without me? How rude...now I gotta catch up...  

Rykono Tadaya

Jessi_Babii_10_13_90

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:37 pm
No we didnt start yet, I just thought we'd get a better responce if I made a thread for it becasue a. most of the people in here have been ignoreing it, and b. most of the other guild members are scared to post in here... like were some sort of exclusive club or somthing...  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:01 pm
We should totally form a club. 3nodding With like T-shirts, and coffee mugs. Oh! How about we have decoder rings! Ah man that'd be so freakin' awesome... 4laugh  

Rykono Tadaya

Shinji Azumaki

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:49 am
Well this is just a book I am thinking of. If you want you can tell me what you like or dislike about it.
I love Vampires and find their myth apealing too me. After reading most of Anne Rice's books I fell in love completly. This is jsut amature work but still any comments of what you think will help!
I know this jumps into the story a bit much but there is a reason. The reasons will be explained later in the story...for now I have thought up the plot and intoduction to the story.

KatoshiUriotai

Chpater 1.
Of Beauty and Pain

Guy was sitting cross legged across from this desert jewel, Amal as the moon rose high above reveiling Guy's pale skin. Amal, golden brown and beautiful. Guy did not move from his spot as he sat wounded this night. Earlier he had escaped death from the Catholic Church. The people would not rest until the "demon" was put to death. He had escaped to the desert and invaded this house. He was face to face with this beauty and thought how her blood would be on his lips. He could not bring himself to do it though. He sat there as she ask questions of himself. Why he was here. Guy could not bring himself to say what he was but he could not help but want to pour himself in this young girl.
"Why are you here?". she asked in her native tongue.
Guy was no stranger to the language of this land. He replied "I am in danger and must stay the night for protection."
She thought this to be a joke until she soon realised he was cut on his arm and looked paled and his touch was as cold as ice. She could not turn him down. Guy sat and talked to her as he has never talked to anyone before.
"I must tell you something, why I am here, what I am," he said.
"You are hurt is what you are." She replied so softly.
He needed blood. As his wound was tended too he began his story without her acknowledgment of him to do so.
"I am not what you think I am. My looks are not what my age reveal. I was born before this time. I was born in the time of the first Pharaohs. I was born rich and powerful. Before I was taken into the darkness."
She paid no mind to him much. She thought him crazy from the massive blood loss. But she politely let him go on.
"You must understand me, I am not human. I am a creature of the devil. Damned and broken."
He revealed his teeth to her as she was dumbfounded by what she saw. She felt danger now as her reaction was to run. She was to run and not look back at this creature. She took off out into the cold desert night. Guy took off after her and in a blink of an eye she was in his arms in the air. He had caressed her up and he whispered into her ear, "I will not harm you my jewel." He had brought her back to the home of this woman and set her down on the rug that was set for him.
He walked in front of the doorway and looked out and seen the scent he smelt when he reached this place. A camel was tied outside. Guy gorged himself on the blood of the camel as the ecstasy of it all brought him to nirvana. Guy was his brownish self again. He walked back in the home and Amal looked at him in confusion. She did not understand what he was. She did not want to know in her fear. Nothing would keep her hear but his demon charm she was now trapped in. His gaze was stronger now. He seemed innocent but had the sent of a killer.
"I am sorry my love," he said to her "but I must explain myself. I must have protection this night. I will tell you this night. Then in the morning I must be protected by you unless you are to betray me after this. I only ask your trust."
He sat down beside her as she layed still on the floor. He looked at her and said,
"I am sorry for this, I truly am, but you must know. It is amazing how you treated me before you found out about this," pointing to his teeth "But please I only wish to keep you safe. Let me begin by tell you who I am. My real name is Masud Hamadi Amun."
"I am sorry for coming here to invade you," Masud said,"But I only needed a place to sleep from the day. To keep out of the sun. Please can you help me?"
She stared at him with innocent eyes. The look of someone knowing death. So large and sad.
"How can I trust you?" She replied.
"I can only give you my word."
"Your words are just words, words to sway."
"Yes but I mean no harm."
"No harm yet you hold me here?!"
"I am sorry, I will go and find another place."
She looked at him as he turned his back to take leave. She seen in his face that of a child. So smooth and and illuminated with life when he drained the blood of her camel. She seen his thick beard, brown and so soft looking. His eyes looked golden. His lips so luscious and rounded. His hair so long and wavy. Just shoulder length.
"Please," she hurried him,"please stay, I am just stunned. Your appearance seems..."
"Demon like," He interrupted
"Yes, you drink blood and you expect me to trust you?"
"I would not suck yours, did I not turn my sight to the animal and not yours?"
"True...but how can I trust you?"
"Please let me explain myself. Let me tell you my story. Then I will sleep for the day if you will allow me to."
She nodded at him in acknowledgement. He was by the rugs on the floor in an instant. His movements so luring, so beautiful and graceful. He talk with his body to keep attention away from his complexion. A trick a vampire would use to keep attention of himself. He looked at her and smiled. In that moment his teeth shown like ivory that shined in the light of high noon.
"I must tell you that I was born in Egypt in the times of the great Pharaohs," He said,
"I was born years before this time. In years I would be but 3244 years old. Born in 1338 B.C. My family was of royal blood and we had slaves all around to heed my every command. Gold was all around and was never out of my reach. I would watch the slaves work the pyramids. I seen so much suffering but it never effected me for it was something I would not experience. I was wholly wrong"
"Now for the time it was all good. But by the age of 15, after the death of king Tutakhamen, horrible events followed and my parents would be killed. I was sent into slavery soon after and I found that everything would fall apart. I did not know what to expect."
Amal looked up at him in confusion. It seemed this man...this creature...what ever he was, not human that was for sure, moved his hands in fast motion but at the same time held still in time. He was moving to fast his words faded and pictures arose. As if he projected his life in her eyes. She could see him as a child in shackles. She thought how could it be?
"It is easy to loose everything", he said.
She look at him dumbfounded. He looked into her mind?
"Yes", he said again to her surprise. She felt uncomfortable now more than ever. She wanted to run away from this. But she felt like she had no power over her own being now. Masud looked at her and smiled.
"Do not fret, I would not kill such beauty", he reassured her.
The candles that were lit gave off little light making Masud a silhouette in the moonlit sky. With grace he went and set out new candles and the room was lit up bright as the candles flickered and reached out for the sky. They danced in the night illuminating their own path. He sat back down beside her as she flinched in fear of him. His smiled limped into sadness. His beautiful charm seemed to only feed off his sadness.
Masud paused in thought and looked out into the night. After a few minutes he turned back at her.
"I just wanted company. After awhile things get dull. Life just does not seem worth living until I meet up with people like you. I know you by looking into your eyes. You, my dear, are the very reason I continue to keep on my eternal quest. To know love and keep safe innocents as yourself. Please hear my story so you can know me and to love me."
He looked into her eyes as she peered aimlessly into his. She could not help this. They sat entwined in each others presence.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:07 am
im an ametauer writer(who is no good at spelling) and only started this story a couple of weeks ago so tell me what you think!
here we go:

It was night. Everything but the camp was cloaked in darkness. The light came from a huge roaring log fire which was surrounded by tents of all shape and size. People sat eating and drinking wine and roasted meat around the fire. At least... thats what it seemed. If someone was watching closely then they would realise that the goblets only looked full of wine. The liquid was slightly to deep a red, and slightly to thick to be wine. Also that the people eating futher back liked their meat a little to pink. For this was no ordinary camp. This was a camp for outkasts, misfits, demons and creatures. Non of which were fundamentaly evil. Just feared by the very people they needed to survive. The tents contained shades, demons, djinn, afrits, vampires, werewolves, zombies (the clever type. non of the dribbling and moaning nonsense.) skeletons, minotaures and in one tent. The largest of them all, was one tiny dragon egg. All of which treated the others like brothers no matter which specie they were. The camp traveled from place to place searching for more additions for the camp and willing volunteers for food.  

SicknoteTM

6,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200

psychotic__Gal

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:46 pm
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:46 am
-resurrects after a month of death-

"Beacon"

Light in the distance
A glimmer in jagged seas
drawing me to her

I succumb, I don't
I fight, I lose, I give up
drowning in the waves

Struggle, breathe, search out
A light draws me, I surface
Beacon guides me here.

Where is here, this place
nothingness, everything, both
all things and yet none

What I have is none
I seek all, have I found it?
She is my light, hope.

Torrents draw me in
but she rescues me from them
Light in the darkness

Just another storm
Is she another sharp edge
Or is she release?

She is Beacon  

Bishop186

Jessi_Babii_10_13_90

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:17 pm
Err... awkword somone revived my old thread. *pats thread* You're a good old thread, arnt you?  
Creative Crossroads

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff