Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Diagon Alley Streets Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:06 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
▬▬"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. " ▬▬

Vespera stood, smiling at the two, "Last time I was in Diagon Alley I met anther set of twins. Do magically people just have a higher rate of twins?" She frowned at her sharpness of earlier, "I'm sorry to have snapped at you. I just fall entirely too often. I'm Vespera Salazar, it is a pleasure to meet you both." She curtsied to them, being somewhere between cute and polite. She smiled at the offer of ice-cream, "Magic people have ice-cream too?!" She jumped up and down clapping her hands. "I thought I'd never get to have ice-cream again until after I came back home! Can I really join you? You wouldn't mind? I wouldn't be a bother?" She rushed out her last few sentences, probably being too excited about ice-cream. She noticed one of the twins tapping his foot, she could only hope that she wasn't bothering them too much.

▬▬ "Within each of us is the capacity for both good and evil." ▬▬

Where: Diagon Alley Summer before First Year
With Whom: Kam and Iggy
Thinking about: Being knocked Over, meeting people, seeing double
Vespera Description: Short 4 foot even, blond hair, green eyes and slight tan.
Wearing: gray dress and thin bright purple cloak.
OOC: Crapeth - A word used in the Stef century of words.

Kungfudemoness

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:11 am
Stefan Lee Salvatore

Miss Gryffindork

User Image

You and I in a little toy shop
                                          Buy a bag of balloons with the money we've got
                                          Set them free at the break of dawn
                                          'Til one by one they were gone.

When Kam introduced him by name and goofy doofus , Iggy waved. While Kam did his diplomatic thing with the girl, Iggy rocked on his feet and had his hands in his pockets, Kam was simultaneously reprimanding and asking if she wanted ice cream. See this is why Kam was the leader. He could do that where Iggy would have screwed that up. The girl seemed to pick up that Kam wasn't being mean. Good. She was possibly Muggleborn if she was asking things with the phrase 'do magic people'. "Not that I know of you're just lucky!" Iggy replied on her comment about the magical birth rate of twins. She perked up at the mention of the sweet treat. She even wanted to join them for some ice cream! Its ice cream, who doesn't like it! "Yeah and our folks will be happy were making friends!" Iggy replied stating agreement with getting icecream as a trio.

If I could find a souvenir
                                                              Just to prove the world was here
                                                              And here is a red balloon
                                                              I think of you, and let it go

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:49 am
User Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Diagon Alley
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Iggy and Vespera
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Collisions
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? My brother's an idiot

Kam chuckled when the girl commented on seeing twins all throughout Diagon. Iggy said she must just be lucky, and Kam snorted quietly. "There's just a lot of people in limited space, really. Most wizarding families, plus any muggleborn kids go through Diagon Alley for school shopping. There are other wizarding villages, of course, such as Hogsmeade, but that's up right beside the school. So of course, any small area with such a high concentration of people is bound to show even 'rare' sets at a seemingly higher rate." He explained, hoping to prove wizards weren't just super fertile beings or anything. Then again, he had seen a lot of twins around...

After apologizing to the twins, the girl introduced herself, and Kam gently bowed his head before looking back up at her. "Feel free to call us Kam and Iggy. No one really calls us by our full names... unless we're in trouble." He chuckled again, thinking it funny how excited the girl was about everything. She also had sort of an old-worldly feel about her, which intrigued the older twin. She seemed totally stoked to go to the ice cream shop, even mentioning she was worried she'd never get it again. "Of course there's ice cream. We're not psychotic! And yes, please come along. We've only got a while before we're supposed to meet up with our family to go home. C'mon, you lot." Kam took the lead, doing his best to navigate the crowd to get to the shop. Once there, he held the door open for the other two.

{{OoC: Exit to Florean Fortescues}
Kungfudemoness

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Hᴏʟᴅ ᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ ᴀs ᴡᴇ ɢᴏ, ᴀs ᴡᴇ ʀᴏʟʟ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴜɴꜰᴀᴍɪʟɪᴀʀ ʀᴏᴀᴅ
Aɴᴅ ᴀʟᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜɪs ᴡᴀᴠᴇ, ᴡᴀᴠᴇ ɪs sᴛʀɪɴɢɪɴɢ ᴜs ᴀʟᴏɴɢ. Sᴇᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ɪᴛ'ʟʟ ᴀʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴄʟᴇᴀʀ.
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴘᴀʏ ɴᴏ ᴍɪɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴs, ᴛʜᴇʏ ꜰɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪᴛʜ ꜰᴇᴀʀ
Tʜᴇ ᴛʀᴏᴜʙʟᴇ—ɪᴛ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴅʀᴀɢ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴇᴛ ʟᴏsᴛ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʙᴇ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ

𝕵𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖐𝖓𝖔𝖜 𝖞𝖔𝖚'𝖗𝖊 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖔𝖓𝖊, '𝖈𝖆𝖚𝖘𝖊 𝕴'𝖒 𝖌𝖔𝖓𝖓𝖆 𝖒𝖆𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖊 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖍𝖔𝖒𝖊

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:47 am
User Image

ᵂⁱˢʰ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵇᵘⁱˡᵈ ᵃ ᵗⁱᵐᵉ ᵐᵃᶜʰⁱⁿᵉ
                                                          ˢᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ˢᵉᵉ
                                                          ᵀʰᵉ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍˢ ⁿᵒ ᵒⁿᵉ ᶜᵃⁿ ˢᵉᵉ
                                                          ᶠᵉᵉˡˢ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ˢᵗᵃⁿᵈⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵉᵈᵍᵉ
                                                          ᴸᵒᵒᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵗᵃʳˢ
                                                          ᴬⁿᵈ ʷⁱˢʰⁱⁿᵍ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵉʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉᵐ

Ferdie found this summer bittersweet. It was his last summer in school. He was going into his seventh year. Next summer he would be applying for jobs. But first he had his N.E.W.Ts to survive. He wanted to do good but for what he was hoping to do after graduation he didn't need any particular N.E.W.T. but today his goal was to get his books and a gift for Elizabet. After their awkward but successful date the had started dating. She was really smart and kind and didn't think his exuberance was weird. What made today better was he was seventeen now and could magic all by himself, he had his wand with him but he had a knack for wandless magic and it was good practice for his N.E.W.T. letting his mind wander helped him ignore the giggling and occasional cat call

(OOC: placed him for u!)

ᴵᵗ'ˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵒᵛᵉʳ 'ᵗⁱˡ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵃˡˡ ᵇᵉᵉⁿ ˢᵃⁱᵈ‬
                                                                      ‪ᴵᵗ'ˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵒᵛᵉʳ 'ᵗⁱˡ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵈʸⁱⁿᵍ ᵇʳᵉᵃᵗʰ‬
                                                                      ‪ˢᵒ ʷʰᵃᵗ ᵈᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᵗᵒ ˢᵃʸ ʷʰᵉⁿ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵍᵒⁿᵉ?‬
                                                                      ‪ᵀʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵃᵛᵉ ᵘᵖ ᵒʳ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵏᵉᵖᵗ ᵍᵒⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ?

addaellis

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:33 am
User Image

Manage me, I'm a mess
                                          Turn a page, I'm a book half unread
                                          I wanna be laughed at, laughed with, just because
                                          I wanna feel weightless and that should be enough

Xavier was super stoked! He even brought his favorite shorts. Sure they showed that his right leg was quit differant than his left but Xavier hardly cared. This was the best summer! He got to learn he was actually magical and was going to be going to a cool magic school! He even had a nice lady to take him shopping! Same lady that brought him the good news! And not one of those weird religious guys in matching clothes. Xavier was pretty sure that was a cult. Currently he was too excited to settle down. He was spying every shop window to see all he could see. He did make sure not to stray too far from his chaperone despite him near zigzagging the street. On his way back to ask about the pets he found a cobblestone with his foot and tripped. He didn't fall but he caught himself after a small stumble. Well that's embarrassing!

Maybe it's not my weekend but it's gonna be my year
                                                              And I'm so sick of watching while the minutes pass as I go nowhere
                                                              And this is my reaction to everything I fear
                                                              'Cause I've been going crazy.

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:39 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Diagon Alley
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Xavier Tabot
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Governess Work
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? He's so precious

Nora was pleased with the latest child she was put in charge of governing. Xavier Tabot had certainly proved himself easily excited, but when she discovered his prosthetic, she was glad it was her chosen. She herself was muggleborn, but she wasn't honestly certain how much of the magical populous was used to such things. It wouldn't do for the poor lamb to get discouraged now, not with how happy he seemed. The boy was currently walking in a wild zigzag, presumably to see all the shops he could, with Nora following purposefully behind... in a much straighter line. When he stumbled, the woman quickened her pace, gently resting a hand on his shoulder. "Are you alright, lamb? I don't want you hurt!" She offered a motherly grin, then gestured to several nearby shops. "The day is yours. Where should we go first? Remember, you have a list of supplies to get today." Nora had discovered with her own daughter that the best school shopping strategy was to let them decide for themselves the order they shopped in. It made no fun if they were dragged shop to shop, after all.

Kungfudemoness

Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴀʟᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ, ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ɪɴ Cᴏɴᴇʏ Isʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴡᴇ'ʟʟ ɢᴏ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
Sᴏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴀsᴋ ᴍᴇ ɴᴏ ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ ɴᴏ ᴡᴏʟꜰ
Bʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜɪɴs ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ Fᴇʀʀɪs ᴡʜᴇᴇʟ, sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜʀꜰ
Yᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʜᴇ's Cʜʀɪsᴛ-ʟɪᴋᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ɪs ᴄʜɪʟᴅʟɪᴋᴇ
Sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪsʜ sᴡɪᴍᴍɪɴɢ ᴜᴘsᴛʀᴇᴀᴍ, ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪʟʟs
Wᴀɴᴛ ɴᴏ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴀʟᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟ
Mʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ Cʜʀɪsᴛ-ʟɪᴋᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ɪs ᴄʜɪʟᴅʟɪᴋᴇ
Hᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛʀʏ ɪɴ ʜɪs ᴛᴀᴛᴛᴇʀs ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴀɢs
As ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀɴᴅ ᴘʟᴀʏs ᴛʜᴇ ᴀɴᴛʜᴇᴍ, ʜᴇ ᴡʜɪsᴘᴇʀs, "Gᴏᴅ ʜᴀᴛᴇs ꜰʟᴀɢs"

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:15 pm
User Image

Manage me, I'm a mess
                                          Turn a page, I'm a book half unread
                                          I wanna be laughed at, laughed with, just because
                                          I wanna feel weightless and that should be enough

Xavier still slightly embarrassed smirked "I'm good, I do that a lot. But can we look at pets? They can get to know me as we get other supplies" He replied. He wanted a magic pet if he could. Mabye they had tiny dragons! Though his parents may not let him keep a pet that started fires. Wand was also high on the list but he didn't want to risk losing it when doing other shoping. Pets were harder to lose. They made sounds.

Maybe it's not my weekend but it's gonna be my year
                                                              And I'm so sick of watching while the minutes pass as I go nowhere
                                                              And this is my reaction to everything I fear
                                                              'Cause I've been going crazy.

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:15 pm
User Image

Welcome to my silly life
                                              Mistreated, misplaced, misunderstood
                                              Miss 'No way, it's all good', it didn't slow me down
                                              Mistaken, always second guessing, underestimated
                                              Look, I'm still around

______________________________

Felix was given free rein today. His mom felt he was old enough to manage himself. Felix was nervous for this year. More so than his usual level of perpetual nervousness. This year was important. It will be hard to get a job in the magical community if he flunked his O.W.Ls. He was hoping to relax. Summer had been so far ok. His mom finally got her divorce final and was likely going to go back to her maiden name. Felix had decided though to not change his. Perhaps he and his brother could make the Geary name better. Felix walked by the shops looking for what he wanted to do as he watched excited first years. Wow they seemed so little.

Ooc: let have him a Maisie meet up! heart

So complicated, look happy, you'll make it
                                                                  Filled with so much hatred, such a tired game
                                                                  It's enough, I've done all I can think of
                                                                  Chased down all my demons, I've seen you do the same

The Forgotten Weasley

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:10 am
I was a little girl alone in my little world
Who dreamed of a little home for me
I played pretend between the trees
And fed my house guests bark and leaves
And laughed in my pretty bed of green

User Image
MAISIƐ
HƐAƬHƐR
ƬHORƁURƝ

HALFBLOOD RAVENCLAW │ FIFTH YEAR │ CHASER

Maisie walked down the cobble-stoned street, enjoying both the sensation of the summer sunlight on her face, and the sensation of not having to wear a uniform. She didn't mind it quite as much as Laire, but it was still irritating for someone like her, who enjoyed clothes, to have to wear the exact same thing every day, excluding the weekend. And even then, it wasn't as if she was going out much, aside from the occasional trip into Hogsmeade.

Maisie knew that in another few weeks she'd be sick of being home with her younger siblings, but for now she was determined to enjoy the break from schoolwork, particularly since she had her OWL exams next year. She wasn't dreading them, exactly, but she wasn't looking forward to the tests, either. At the very least, now that she was a fifth year she officially felt like a calm, cool, and composed upperclassmen, even if it meant less free time and more studying.

She technically wasn't here for any particular reason, aside from getting out of the house and avoiding the terror of babysitting her brothers. As it stood, she was just relieved to be old enough that her mum felt comfortable letting her wander around Diagon Alley alone. Maisie didn't exactly blame her, given their family history, even if it was a perfectly safe area. Letting herself enjoy the pleasant weather and daydream, she aimlessly drifted through the crowds, gazing at different shop windows, before she brushed shoulders with a boy about her age, and then glanced his way.

She did recognize him; he was a Hufflepuff in her year. Theo- no, Felix. "Sorry," Maisie said apologetically, flushing slightly in self-conscious embarrassment. He was a bit taller than she remembered, and his hair stood out with how dark it was compared to his skin- he was nearly as pale as her. Feeling as though she ought to at least say something, since they were acquaintances, she added swiftly, "Just window shopping too?" Ugh. That sounded so cheesy. Maybe he was meeting up with some other people.

OOC:
Kungfudemoness

Long walks in the dark
Through woods grown behind the park
I asked God who I'm supposed to be
The stars smiled down on me
God answered in silent reverie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:07 pm
User Image

Welcome to my silly life
                                              Look, I'm still around

Felix was lost in his own mind wondering if there was a sale at the quidditch shop. Get a gift for eddie who seemed to be stressing about O.W.Ls more so than he was. At least it seemed as such in their correspondence. He jumped a bit when bumped. "Oh sorry!" He said out of reflex and ended up saying it at the same time as who he bumped with. He was decent at remembering names. Maisie, if he recalled correctly. He rarely spoke up in class and sat in the back to avoid attention so he got good at learning who was who weather he talked to them or not. He chuckled nervously when they relized the apologized at the same time. She broke the awkwardnesess a bit when she asked if he was window shopping. "Oh! Yeah, I'm just looking around. Got free rein today." He said hoping he wasn't blushing and/or making a fool of himself. He did think she was prettier than the other girls. "Are you here school shopping?" He already had his done. He wanted the text books early as it give him a chance to study.

The Forgotten Weasley

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:48 pm
I was a little girl alone in my little world
Who dreamed of a little home for me
I played pretend between the trees
And fed my house guests bark and leaves
And laughed in my pretty bed of green

User Image
MAISIƐ
HƐAƬHƐR
ƬHORƁURƝ

HALFBLOOD RAVENCLAW │ FIFTH YEAR │ CHASER

Maisie giggled awkwardly when they both apologized at the same time, stepping aside to let a harried looking mother and her toddler hurry by. This unexpectedly brought her a bit closer to him; their arms were nearly brushing, so she rocked back a step. "Oh, cool," she said, hoping she sounded unruffled and casual. It wasn't that she cared what he thought of her, specifically- she just wanted to project an aura of confidence, since she was fifteen now, on the verge of being a 'real' teenager and not an uncomfortable adolescent with a cringe-worthy smile and a slouch. When he asked if she was school shopping, she shook her head fervently, as if to dispel all thoughts of education in general.

Learning and education, after all, were two very different things. "No, we're going next month to get my little brother's things... He's starting at Hogwarts this years, so there'll be three of us there." Laire joining her at Hogwarts hadn't been as bad as she feared (mostly because they had a whole castle to not run into each other in, and they were in different houses). She was pretty sure Callum would either be in Gryffindor or Ravenclaw, but they'd just have to wait for his Sorting to know for sure. "My sister is starting her third year, so she'll probably have to buy all her elective things."

OOC:
Kungfudemoness

Long walks in the dark
Through woods grown behind the park
I asked God who I'm supposed to be
The stars smiled down on me
God answered in silent reverie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:24 pm
User Image

Welcome to my silly life
                                              Look, I'm still around

Felix grinned when she talked about her siblings. Being the youngest and only magic one made his experience differant. "Excited for them to join you at school?" Felix asked. He didn't know her relationship with them. Only in the last few years had him and his brother not hated each other. He hoped it wasn't too weird of a question.

After her reply he felt they should do more than just loiter in the street by the owl store. The owner might tell them to scram. "Hey so um... if you don't got any plans, did you want to get some ice cream?" He asked. Wait did he technically just asked her out!? Ah! He had like no experiance with this! 'Ok Felix you got this, its just ice cream, even you can't screw this up...' he though giving himself an internal pep talk

The Forgotten Weasley

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:39 am
AUGUST LIxxx ||xxx♪♫ SONORA LI

unsorted first yearxx||xxsecond year Ravenclaw

future studentxx||xxMusic Club, Reserve Keeper

setting Streets of Diagon Alley, midsummer 2043.
with Ferdie

August had never seen England like this. He’d spent most of the summers of his admittedly-short life in Scarborough or Winchester but had never, of course, seen wizarding England before. He’d finally seen the inside of a wizarding house, with its moving portraits and disappearing house elves and strange plants and now he was in an entirely wizarding street that sold owls and brooms and wands. It was all a little much, to be completely honest. Sure, he had spent most of the summer reading each issue of the Daily Dragon from cover to cover to try to understand Hogwarts life, but being surrounded by physics-defying spells was still tickling his mind in a way too much like a dream.

”And this is Flourish and Blotts, which has all your wizarding book needs,” Sonora introduced with a flourish to match the bookstore name. This is where Tanzil Rosescythe will eventually have his books for sale.” she added quietly with a quiet smile.

”Excellent.” August stated, heading for the door. His mother had assigned him some math to work on since it seemed magical education didn’t cover math, and he had diligently read through what he could from Sona’s textbooks and her saved copies of the Daily Dragon. But he was still sorely lacking in the way of wizarding literature and was eager to--”Meyling? Where are you going?”

Sonora had glanced across the street and recognized a familiar face--one whose name she’d heard quite a few times from her cousin in the last few weeks. She pulled August across the alley and up to a seventh year with determination. ”Ferdie?” She dragged her cousin before Ferdie, feeling at once very happy she could connect the two and very devious that she was doing so without warning either of them. She mustered her courage and imagined she was just talking to a friend of her friends. ”Ferdie? Hi! Sorry for stopping you. I’m Sonora--I would stop by the Daily Dragon’s room sometimes to find Jonah and Vespera?” She wasn’t actually sure if she had ever really talked to him directly during those visits--in any case, Sonora had only pleasant impressions of Ferdie and was sure this sudden interaction would be fine. ”This is my cousin August, starting at Hogwarts next year. He’s a giant fan of yours. Cuz, this is Ferdinand Delacroix, Editor-in-Chief of the Daily Dragon.”

”Ei--” morechhe. was August’s first thought for a full three seconds. The boy in front of him looked so young and friendly and--well entirely not what he expected. He had spent a good portion of the summer scrutinizing and admiring this person’s writing, and wondering if he could possibly ask for writing tips. ”Hi,” he corrected as elegantly as he could, extending a hand as seriously as possible and trying not look like a fool picking his jaw off the floor--he had spent half the summer admiring the man’s writing and she gave him no time to prepare his case before the legend? This was most unexpected test. August wondered briefly if he had a writing sample or transcript on him--anything that might convince the Editor in Chief that he was a competent learner.”August Li. Y-You’re an incredible writer, Mr. Delacroix. I-I’ve been uhm, studying your articles in last years’ Daily Dragon and was hoping to ask you about your writing process. I would be a most diligent student if you would be willing to teach me?”

August's status It’s weird if I ask him to sign this copy the Daily Dragon. That’s weird. Don’t do that. Nobody does that. I need to demonstrate I’m competent, not weird.
Sonora's status Perfect timing. Ferdie, please forgive me for bringing you another fan.

//OOC: Took me forever, sorry! Please let me know if I can edit anything to make it more accurate or easier for you to reply? I realized that Ferdie didn't have a formal writing assignment last year but assumed he'd still be writing somewhere ;_;
Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:22 am
User Image

ᵂⁱˢʰ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵇᵘⁱˡᵈ ᵃ ᵗⁱᵐᵉ ᵐᵃᶜʰⁱⁿᵉ
                                                          ˢᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ˢᵉᵉ
                                                          ᵀʰᵉ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍˢ ⁿᵒ ᵒⁿᵉ ᶜᵃⁿ ˢᵉᵉ
                                                          ᶠᵉᵉˡˢ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ˢᵗᵃⁿᵈⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵉᵈᵍᵉ
                                                          ᴸᵒᵒᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵗᵃʳˢ
                                                          ᴬⁿᵈ ʷⁱˢʰⁱⁿᵍ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵉʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉᵐ

Ferdie looked around when he heard his name. He spotted a mostly familiar face. It was Sonora now second year that stop by usually to meet with Jonah and Vespera. She also introduced August a family member that was comming to Hogwarts. Ooh! He remembered his pre Hogwarts excitement. Poor August seemed so nervous though. Even to the point of making sounds instead of words "Nice to meet you August! Are you excited for you're first year?" Ferdie said hoping friendliness would help. He cringe smiled at being called Mr. Delacroix. When someone younger said it, it made him feel as old as his dad. But it was nice to see a fan of his work and not a fan of him. "You can just call me Ferdie, But it take a while to tell you how I write. How about once you get to Hogwart you come the the newspaper room? We could always use the help and even help find your own special way of writing." Ferdie said returning the hand shake. He would be down for teaching a aspiring writer. He had that as a kid too. Though he was never a fan of working with Peter....

(OOC: oh ur good im sure it not hard to get old copies. )

ᴵᵗ'ˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵒᵛᵉʳ 'ᵗⁱˡ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵃˡˡ ᵇᵉᵉⁿ ˢᵃⁱᵈ‬
                                                                      ‪ᴵᵗ'ˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵒᵛᵉʳ 'ᵗⁱˡ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵈʸⁱⁿᵍ ᵇʳᵉᵃᵗʰ‬
                                                                      ‪ˢᵒ ʷʰᵃᵗ ᵈᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᵗᵒ ˢᵃʸ ʷʰᵉⁿ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵍᵒⁿᵉ?‬
                                                                      ‪ᵀʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵃᵛᵉ ᵘᵖ ᵒʳ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵏᵉᵖᵗ ᵍᵒⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ?

addaellis

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:18 pm
XI The law, the justice, the truth...

AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
first year || unsorted || muggleborn

"Excited" August confirmed. "A little nervous.

"Ferdie then,"
he repeated, at once elated by the suggestion and nervous about writing or just helping for the school newspaper. He wasn't sure what his mother would say about him joining clubs before he even knew what his schoolwork would be like, but she wasn't exactly here to critique, was she? "Absolutely. Thank you so much. Is there an admissions process to joining the newspaper?" he asked. He didn't have anything in the way of journalistic writing--didn't know much about magical journalism at all, other than the layouts were not what he was used to in muggle papers. And the pictures moved. "What could I expect to be doing--anything I could start working on over the summer?"

No matter what, I promise, I will protect you. IV

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games