Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Diagon Alley Streets Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:26 pm
User Image

ᵂⁱˢʰ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵇᵘⁱˡᵈ ᵃ ᵗⁱᵐᵉ ᵐᵃᶜʰⁱⁿᵉ
                                                          ˢᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ˢᵉᵉ
                                                          ᵀʰᵉ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍˢ ⁿᵒ ᵒⁿᵉ ᶜᵃⁿ ˢᵉᵉ
                                                          ᶠᵉᵉˡˢ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ˢᵗᵃⁿᵈⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵉᵈᵍᵉ
                                                          ᴸᵒᵒᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵗᵃʳˢ
                                                          ᴬⁿᵈ ʷⁱˢʰⁱⁿᵍ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵉʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉᵐ

Ferdie couldn`t help but smile at August. He was adorable. "Well i make sure to get notices when we open in the common rooms. So just come on that day and fill out the form and you're pretty set. We can always use more writers. No sample needed! If you're not sure on skills we will help out!" Ferdie explained the process to his tiny admirer. "Gotta admit I'm flattered you like my work. I joined the paper when I was your age so hey mabye you'll get to replace me eventully when I graduate!" Ferdie really hoped he wouldn't make the kid nervous. That be bad!

ᴵᵗ'ˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵒᵛᵉʳ 'ᵗⁱˡ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵃˡˡ ᵇᵉᵉⁿ ˢᵃⁱᵈ‬
                                                                      ‪ᴵᵗ'ˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵒᵛᵉʳ 'ᵗⁱˡ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵈʸⁱⁿᵍ ᵇʳᵉᵃᵗʰ‬
                                                                      ‪ˢᵒ ʷʰᵃᵗ ᵈᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᵗᵒ ˢᵃʸ ʷʰᵉⁿ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵍᵒⁿᵉ?‬
                                                                      ‪ᵀʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵃᵛᵉ ᵘᵖ ᵒʳ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵏᵉᵖᵗ ᵍᵒⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ?

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:10 am
XI The law, the justice, the truth...

AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
first year || unsorted || muggleborn

Oh! It took August a moment to associated the common rooms to one of the four houses he'd heard about. But no complicated admissions requirements? August nodded along, slightly relieved. He wasn't about to complain. If he didn't have any summer homework to catch up on...well he wouldn't say no to more time to catch up on the wizarding world in general. "Thank you," he murmured, still a little surprised by Ferdie's kindness.

But really--why was Ferdie so nice? Was he this kind to everyone? Surely other people admired his writing--and praised him much more eloquently? And then he mentioned him taking over one day--nah, that was just Ferdie being nice again. He was much more curious how the process worked "What interested you in the newspaper as a first year? What did you write starting out?"

No matter what, I promise, I will protect you. IV

addaellis

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:42 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                          wнerever ι wander, wнerever ι roaм
                                          ι coυldn'т вe ғonder oғ мy вιg нoмe
                                          тнe вeeѕ are вυzzιn' ιn тнe тree
                                          тo мaĸe ѕoмe нoney jυѕт ғor мe

spaceCel was doing his damnedest to be as inconspicuous as possible as he trudged along through the street with his family. He would've much preferred to do his shopping with his mother, but Asher had called up out of the blue to request to take him (and his sister) out this year, and she'd caved, the traitor. Of course, he'd only agreed to come because Uncle Matt had agreed to join them and save him at least a little bit of the annoyance. If nothing else, Matt could smack the man upside the head if he were being too obnoxious. Well, Cel could too (he was tall enough now, a fact he was not letting go of), but it was funnier when Matt did it.

spaceTrouble was, it was impossible for Asher Eccleson to not be obnoxious, no matter what he was doing, because even if he just stood there, someone was going to recognize him and act like he was a big deal. Which, okay, he sort of was, being sort of famous and whatnot. And Matt wasn't innocent in this, since he was just as famous, being in the same band as his brother and all. But Merlin, Cel would love it very much if he could get through a bloody shopping trip without all the fuss. He liked attention, sure, but since this attention wasn't on him, but rather was on his father, who he had almost no patience for on a good day, he would've given anything for it all to go away.

spaceWhen the two older men stopped once again to talk to a fan, he groaned, head falling backwards and eyes rolling so far into the back of his head, he could see his own brain. He nudged Maura, pointing towards the robe shop.
                                          "Oi say we mehk'a break fer it, nigh," he hissed, not in the least bit concerned with ditching their relatives. It wasn't like they wouldn't be able to find them. Asher was a lot of things, but he wasn't an idiot. He at least had the brain cells to put two and two together and realize that his exasperated offspring had gone on ahead without him. He might panic a little bit for a moment, but hey. They were fifteen, not five. He shouldn't worry about them too much. More like he'd be worried what their mothers would do to him if they did go missing. Actually, it was worth it just for that, in his opinion.

ғall aparт ιn мy вacĸyard
                                          'caυѕe leт мe тell yoυ ѕoмeтнιng, lιттle вrιтcнeѕ
                                          ιғ yoυ acт lιĸe тнaт вee acтѕ, υн υн - yoυ're worĸιng тoo нard
                                          and don'т ѕpend yoυr тιмe looĸιn' aroυnd
                                          ғor ѕoмeтнιng yoυ wanт тнaт can'т вe ғoυnd

wнere - Near Madam Malkin's
                                          wнen - Mid-Summer 2043, Afternoon
                                          wιтн - Maura, Da, Uncle Matt
                                          - ooc -
                                          fyi Maura's graphic is update for you!

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:03 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Cel, Uncle Matt, Da
Mood
Irritated

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

So take a little trip down the road and see
                                                          What you’re gonna find, who you want to be
                                                          But you might have to pick between these three

If looks could kill, Asher would be dead ten times over at this point. Maura was not having any of him today, and for once the girl was taking comfort in the fact that her brother was with her...even if he was suffering as much as she was. Honestly, how many fans could her father and uncle's band have? They weren't even really all that good, at least in Maura's opinion they weren't.

Seeing her father and Uncle once again being stopped by another fan, Maura outwardly groaned and ignored the look that her Uncle gave her for her very obvious distaste in the situation. Folding her arms over her chest as she tapped her foot impatiently on the ground. She just wanted to get her new robes and go home.

Hearing Cel's suggestion, she followed to where he was pointing. She hadn't even realized that the shop was as close as it was. That only made her irritation grow at the whole situation. So she nodded at her brother. "How come nae? likelie wilnae even notice we ur gaen. " She didn't bother thinking about the consequences of her mother finding out that they had left their fathers side. She would get a stern talking to for certain, but even if she was thinking about that she didn't care. "Wantae bet that we kin mak' it in 'n' oot afore thay mak' it tae th' shop?"

Rock, paper, scissors
                                                          Which one is, it’s your decision
                                                          And no matter what you choose
                                                          You’re gonna live it
                                                          Rock, paper, scissors

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC
Translation: why not? Probably won't even notice we are gone.
Translation: Want to bet that we can make it in and out before they make it to the shop?

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Cara MiaKitty

Fuzzymelonlord

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:40 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ISOLDE BLODWEN _____.___
Fifth Year, Hufflepuff, Pureblood ________
══════════════════════════ _____

”Oh yeah, no, bollocks to that. I'm not doing it, and I highly doubt mother and father will make me. They can barely stand to be in the same room as me,” Isolde couldn't help but huff and puff and cross her arms. She was always defensive whenever their parents came up.

Her brother Cai waved his hands back and forth. ”Alrigh', alrigh', forget I said anything. I just thought you'd want to practice magic more outside of school. That's why Ari's doing it.” Her brother shrugged like it was nothing, Iso was only surprised she hadn't connected the dots sooner. Of course their older sister would willingly work at the family business this summer (the year before her seventeenth birthday.) She didn't want to wait for the restrictions to lift. Not a bad plan, overall, but totally not worth it, in her eyes. Cai must have been saying something, but she only started paying attention when he waved his hand in front of her face. ”I'm going to the Weasley Shop, you coming?” Isolde shook her head no and waved goodbye to her brother, making him promise to take care of himself.

In fact, Isolde had a much different idea in store for this trip. It was sharp, buzzing, occasionally painful, and hella permanent. She wanted a tattoo; needed, almost. The main idea of it was planned in her head but she hoped to find inspiration inside the ink shop—wherever it was. "Now, if I was a tattoo parlour, where would I be?"

════════════════════
WHEN:: Summer of 2044
WHERE:: Diagon Alley
WITH WHO:: wizards

════════════════════

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:08 pm
User Image
                                                  Mama said
                                                  It's uphill for oddities
                                                  Stranger crusaders
                                                  Ain't ever wannabes
                                                  The weird and the novelties
                                                  Don't ever change
                                                  We wanted everything, wanted everything

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Hᴀʟғ-Vᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ || Gʀʏꜰꜰɪɴᴅᴏʀ Cʜᴀsᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ || Sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ

════════════════════════

Zach had flooed from his house to Diagon Alley easily enough to get out of the house. Granted, he could have apparated too, but part of the fun was that his father particularly hated both forms of transportation and tended to only use the floo for work and nothing else. Besides, he needed out of Hogsmeade. He knew he spent some time in London, but never really a lot of it. Now that he was older and was more or less desensitized to the loudness of London streets, he didn't mind going to the city all that often. It just took years to get to that point.

Besides, he figured that he could see if DJ was available. Which, unfortunately he wasn't. He was apparently out or something, and Zach wasn't about to try and break down a sleeping vampire's door without a death wish. He knew better, heck, he'd want to murder the first person that decided to wake him up for some stupid reason during the morning. Which, that was definitely something else that had changed about him. While he was still mostly a night owl, he tended to wake up more around noon than he probably liked. Nothing could wake him up in the morning however without seeming gallons of coffee being involved, however.

However, his mood brightened as he spotted Isolde and her family. He didn't catch all of the conversation, only that she was separating from them and looking for a tattoo parlour. Zach only knew of one really good one in Diagon Alley, and he strolled up with his arms crossed and a smirk.
                                                  "Oh wow, hey, it's a rebel. Colour me shocked." He winked toward Iso and grinned. "Hey Iso. You're awfully brave today. My parents would likely murder me or something if I came home with a tattoo, or at least my grandpa would."

════════════════════════

Thinking: What's Isolde want with a tattoo?
                                                  OOC:

-◎-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Mama said, don't give up, it's a little complicated
                                                  All tied up, no more love and I'd hate to see you waiting
                                                  They say it's all been done but they haven't seen the best of me
                                                  So I got one more run and it's gonna be a sight to see

Essy ze Ninja

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ISOLDE BLODWEN _____.___
Fifth Year, Hufflepuff, Pureblood ________
══════════════════════════ _____

A particular voice separated itself from the crowd around her; it was cocky, familiar, and always seemed to be coming from right behind her. Spinning around, she faced off against a cross armed and smirking boy that she recognized instantly. ”Well, well, well, if it isn't Zachary Whitethorne.” She took to mocking his stance and threw her arms in a cross over her chest and slapped on a cocky smirk which only lasted long enough for her to laugh and relax back into a natural pose. She shook her head and said, ”Pffft, I wish. I'll have to wait a bit, but on my seventeenth birthday, you bet your arse that's where I'll be. I'm just in the planning stages for now.”

Iso paused and leveled her look. ”What're you doing out here anyway? Stalking me or something?” She jabbed an accusatory finger in his direction and narrowed her eyes teasingly. This wasn't the first time they had crossed paths and while it wouldn't be their last, the days were numbered. He'll be a seventh year and she'll only be in her fifth and when he graduates she might never see him again. Who would have known that would bother her? She didn't have time for feelings or crushes. Her life was hectic as it was with her family being insane and with her school workload and dreams of being an auror. A crush just didn't fit in with her life. But in the back of her mind, she still wanted to find any excuse just to spend time with him.

════════════════════
WHEN:: Summer of 2044
WHERE:: Diagon Alley
WITH WHO:: Zachary

════════════════════

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:06 pm
User Image

User Image
                                            User Image
                                          • When Maisie first got her letter to Hogwarts, as exciting it was, she was still sure that it was a joke, and so did her dad if the look on his face was any indication. While the appearance of some lady from the school proved them wrong, it still felt like some weird dream that she was sure to wake up from, a product of wishful thinking. But here in this colourful alley or street or whatever it was (okay, she knew it was called Diagon Alley but come on, it was way bigger than that), it all felt so real and it was here that it finally hit her, she was going to a magic school!

"How are they doing that??" she asked, or rather exclaimed at her father, staring the rather comical-looking buildings that looked like they came out of her favourite Roald Dahl books. "How aren't they falling over?"

"'Magic' should help with that," her father muttered just loud enough for her to hear, sounding amused despite the pinched look on his face. He'd had that look ever since that witch showed up on their door and it only worsened when they arrived here, but Maisie didn't pay it too much mind. Her dad always had a disdain for anything supernatural and spiritual, but she was sure he'd come around. She only replied with a sheepish grin before turning to continue her staring. She couldn't get over the window displays: the moving posters, the flying toys, the many animals and even more strange unidentifiable objects. They even sold potions and if that wasn't legit then Maisie didn't know what was.

Thor would've loved this, she thought, suddenly missing her best friend. They had to leave him behind because they were sure he'd make a commotion, and now that they were here, Maisie knew they'd mad the right choice no matter how much it pained her to turn her back on the puppy eyes that he hadn't outgrown. Not that she wasn't happy to be here with her dad, but Thor would've shared in her excitement and make things even better than they already were. But Maisie shoved those thoughts away, now wasn't the time to be glum and she'd promised herself to get him a souvenir.

For now though, she was perfectly happy to delay their shopping in favour of admiring the wares and she did just that, tugging at her dad's shirt to warn him then darting forward to get a closer look at the potion bottles on display before he could stop her.

• WHERE Diagon Alley streets tab tab tab WITH her dad tab tab tab FEELING gleeful

OOC xxx

The Forgotten Weasley

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:13 am
There's a shadow hanging heavy
There's a cold chill in my bones
It's a steep road, high and weary
It's a long, long way from home
But I will not shut my eyes
No, I will not fall silent

User Image
T A L I A
K I S S
W A L S H

unsortedhalfbloodfirst year

To say that Tally was excited to finally be getting her school things was probably an understatement. She had been impatiently waiting all week for the day when her busy parents' synced up enough for them both be off and available to take her and her sister shopping. Upon entering Diagon Alley, Toby and Ronna had quickly agreed to divide the girls between them, which might admittedly be easing than trying to wrangle them both at the same time. Thus Tally found herself with just her father, who she impatiently led through the crowded streets, as if he hadn't been here a million times before. "Come on," she said, for the millionth time, frustrated with her lanky father's meandering stroll, his hands shoved in his pockets. If anything, his response was to smirk at her and walk even slower.

With a spurt of childish annoyance, Tally took off at a near run, winding through the crowds and momentarily losing sight of him. Before she had time to be concerned about that, she was forced to side-step a stroller, and thus nearly collided with a girl around her age staring with great interest at a potions display. At the very last instant, Tally avoiding stumbling into her. "Sorry!" She glanced back and saw no sign of her dad, then winced. He was going to be a bit ticked she'd taken off like that, but it was his own fault. She turned back to the girl. "Are you a first year too? I'm Tally Walsh," she stuck out her hand politely.

OOC:
oyehh

Canary in the mine
Oh I will, honey I will, I will sing.
There's a madness in the valley
There's a darkness that can blind
It was every man for himself
No one's getting out alive

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:19 pm
User Image

User Image
                                            User Image
                                          • Maisie heard her dad call out for her but she didn't pay it any mind, focused more on getting to the storefront without him stopping her. However, she wasn't as successful at dodging other people and almost crashed into another girl who was also in a hurry, only barely avoiding a crash. Her momentum caused her stumble but Maisie recovered quickly, straightening up to get a better look at the other girl. She had pretty red hair that Maisie could be envious of and most importantly, they seemed to be of the same age, which meant a potential new friend.

At the girl's apology, Maisie let out a sheepish laugh and shook her head apologetically. "I should apologise too, I should've watched where I was going, even if everything's bloody amazing here." Which was embarrassing and if her teammates were here, they'd never let her hear the end of it. It's only been a couple of months and she forgot to pay attention to her surroundings, give it another two months and she'll forget to kick a ball properly.

The question confirmed Maisie's suspicions and she brightened considerably. "Yeah, I am," she grinned and shook Tally's hand enthusiastically, excitement thickening her accent. "Name's Maisie, Maisie Teymourian. First of her name and everything."

Her dad finally caught up to her then and already seeing the lecture that he was about to give her about running off, Maisie hurried to stop him before he could start and embarrass her. "Look dad, there's other students here too!" Her dad gave Tally a slightly awkward smile and said hello, before giving her a narrow-eyed look that made it clear that he wasn't fooled and that she'd be hearing from him later. Maisie rolled her eyes in response and waved him off, which he did with a sigh and turned his attention towards the nearby display, not straying far.

She turned back to Tally and gave her another apologetic smile. "Da's just a bit grumpy, he's not used to all this magic and I think he's uncomfortable. Well, I'm not used to it either, but there's plenty of time for that later!" A thought came to her then and she interrupted her rambling to ask. "Wait, you're not a..." she paused, wracking her brain for the right word, one hand waving as if to help her magically recall the right word. What was it that the witch called her? Juggle or muggle something? "Muggleborn, yeah. You're not a muggleborn, are you?"

• WHERE Diagon Alley streets tab tab tab WITH Tally and her dad tab tab tab FEELING gleeful

OOC Rather than have me unsuccessfully attempt to write a Scottish accent and accidentally butcher it, just know that it's there 8'D

The Forgotten Weasley

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:28 pm

User Image
T A L I A
K I S S
W A L S H

Tally took it that the other girl was probably from a muggle family, since she sounded like she'd never been to Diagon before. Of course, she could have just grown up far out in the country somewhere, but Diagon Alley was still only a Floo trip away. "Me too," she said cheekily in response to Maisie's quip. "But only because Talia's a really weird name. My parents named their kids after comic book characters," she rolled her eyes, although it clearly didn't bother her much. "My sister got it even worse. Zatara. She's off with my mum, though."

Judging from the expression on Maisie's dad's face, Tally also took it that he was probably a muggle, and possibly not very social. That was okay. Her uncles weren't the most outgoing blokes either. "Nah, I'm not a muggleborn," she shrugged, "but my mum is. She was the only magical one in her family. My dad's whole family has been to Hogwarts, though, well, except for his dad. He's a doctor," she snickered as if that were an eccentric career choice. "So that makes me a halfblood. Half muggle, half magic. Not that it matters." As if on cue, her own father made his way through the crowd, and gave her an exaggerated 'I'm watching you gesture'. Tally stuck her tongue out in response.

OOC:
oyehh

Canary in the mine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:09 pm
User Image

User Image
                                            User Image
                                          • Maisie didn't giggle at Tally's complaint, but it was a near thing, not because she found her name funny but mostly becuse of her sttitude, which was clearly put upon. "I don't know, Talia and Zatara sound really cool, not that read comics so they might be villain names for all I know," she shrugged. "Great villain names though. Better than Helga or something, right?" Maisie knew a girl who got named Helga and only ever went by her middle name, the poor thing. Maisie didn't blameher, she'd do the same in her position. "How old is your sister by the way?"

"Really?" she asked when Tally admitted that she wasn't a muggleborn. "That's lucky!" Yeah, she had a muggleborn parent, but she still grew up with magic. "I can't imagine growing up with magic everywhere, it's like this big secret that I'm finally being let in on. It would've been so helpful when I was at school." Maisie then rolled back on her heels, her brows furrowed in confusion. "But how'd his dad become a doctor? Doesn't that take ages or something?"

Tally's dad then caught up to her and Maisie really couldn't help the snicker that escaped her at the other girl's response to him. "So I'm guessing you had to escape your dad too, eh? " She tilted her head back to catch a glimpse of her own father, watching them out of the corner of his eye even as he examined one of the display pieces. "But apparently we're staying in dorms at Hogwarts without parental supervision so they probably have to make up for it since we're practically sleeping over with freinds all the time there. At least that's what my dad tells me, I think he's just making excuses," she lowered her volume and leaned in as she said this as if sharing a secret.

• WHERE Diagon Alley streets tab tab tab WITH Tally tab tab tab FEELING gleeful

OOC xxx

The Forgotten Weasley

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:14 pm

User Image
T A L I A
K I S S
W A L S H

Tally rolled her eyes. "Talia definitely is. At least they didn't name me Barbara or something." Sure, there were worse names out there, but she'd never really felt like a Talia, which sounded like a woman from a James Bond film, in her mind, not a heavily freckled little girl who played a lot of football. At the question about her sister's age, she laughed aloud. "We're Irish twins. I mean, we're not all that Irish, except my granddad is, but it just means we're less than a year apart. Tara's eleven months younger than me, so we get to go to Hogwarts in the same year." Despite her exasperated tone, one could tell from the look in her eyes that she was obviously fond of her sister and not too bothered about them being first years together.

"He went to medical school like everyone else, I guess. My granddad didn't know about magic until he proposed to my nan. Actually, I think he had to propose twice, because she wasn't sure about marrying a muggle," Tally said thoughtfully, and then shrugged. "Not really escape, more like make walk a little faster," she rolled her eyes. "He's so slow. My mum says he's too laidback. Everything's a big joke to him." She brightened at the mention of the dorms. "Yeah, I can't wait. Our house isn't that big and my sister and I share a room. I mean, we'll share a room with even more people at school, but no adults to tell us when to go to bed or brush our teeth." Of course, she had a slight nagging fear that she might never get a good night's sleep again, depending on how noisy her dorm-mates were.

OOC:
oyehh

Canary in the mine

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:00 pm
User Image

User Image
                                            User Image
                                          • Maisie blinked when Tally mentioned her and her sister were Irish twins, but her confusion was cleared up when the other girl elaborated on what that meant. It wasn't like she hadn't known it was possible, but she didn't know that there was a name for it, nor did she expect to meet someone was an Irish twin. "What's it like, having your younger sister be in the same year as you? You must be close." As soon as she said this, Maisie cringed at herself for stating the obvious. Privately, she couldn't imagine having a younger sibling, let alone one in the same year as her, it had always been her, her dad and Thor. Must be nice, she thought wistfully.

Hearing Tally's explanation about medical school, only sheer embarrassment stopped Maisie from groaning out loud. Of course! She should've known, it made much more sense for her grandfather to be a normal muggle than being some wizard who decided to go to medical school. She felt silly for even thinking it, and while she opted not to say anything in response to that, her blushing face probably gave her away.

Maisie grinned at Tally's complaints. "Should be easy to convince him to do things then, right? Unless your mum stops him, but that's still only a 50/50 chance," she pointed out, only half serious. She nodded enthusiastically in agreement. "That's the best part about Hogwarts. Other than the magic," she added, as if there was any doubt. "I'll miss my da, but living with our classmates with no adults to bug us sounds like a dream. The only thing that'll be missing would be Thor, my dog," she elaborated, her mood dimming slightly at the reminder. "He's my best friend, but this witch who visited us said I can bring him with me next year!" A year was still too long in her opinion, and Maisie knew she'd miss him terribly. "Do you have pet as well?"

• WHERE Diagon Alley streets tab tab tab WITH Tally tab tab tab FEELING gleeful

OOC xxx

The Forgotten Weasley

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:14 am

User Image
T A L I A
K I S S
W A L S H

Tally shrugged. "It's kind of impossible not to be close. I mean, I guess we could have grown up to hate each other, but I don't think my parents would let either of us get away with that," she shrugged. Her and Tara were very different, but so were their mum and dad, and they'd never favored one daughter over another. "It's okay though, since we mostly get along. We argue about stupid stuff a lot, but I think that's pretty much every pair of sisters ever." Her mum didn't have any sisters, and her dad only had one, well, two if you counted Aunt Vio who was technically his cousin.

"Well, the food is supposed to be really good too," Tally added, feeling a bit hungry as she said it. "Plus, there's quidditch, and we can go into Hogsmeade once we're third years. I guess all the homework will sort of balance it out, though," she frowned. She didn't mind schoolwork as much as her sister, but that didn't mean she eagerly looked forward to hours of homework and studying in the library, either. "I have a cat named Leona," she said with a slight grin when Maisie mentioned her dog. "But Thor is a really cool name for a dog. Leona's not that old; I got her for my last birthday when she was a kitten." Tally liked dogs as well, but she slightly preferred cats over them, if only because they were more content to cuddle than the average hyper dog.

OOC:
oyehh

Canary in the mine

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games