Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Critique the Avatar Above You -or die- Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 184 185 186 187 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are You a Flamer?
Yes
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
No
18%
 18%  [ 28 ]
Pff, I'm just a lonely poll whore.
29%
 29%  [ 45 ]
THIS. IS. SPARTA!
45%
 45%  [ 70 ]
Total Votes : 155

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:07 am
Um....did you just critique your own avi? o.O

Anyway. I like what you have right now actually. Fairly simple, but it works quite well. I just wonder why you're all bloody and such...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:46 am
I'm not sure I get it, but it reminds me of the sun-worshiping Aztecs and their rituals (which often involved dressing, painting, or sexing up a young woman and then killing her.) So, I like it in a really abstract way, but since this is likely not what you were going for, I'd instead say that the items look like a set, which is hard to do with separates. I'd have shown more skin with the Fremere draped over your actual body, but that's just me.

Overall, it's well done, though my eyes are drawn down your body to your feet right away... that may just be me. The only thing that bugs me is that the spear is a different shade of gold... looks more bronze to me. I'd have used an "aura" or "decoration" item instead, to keep the yellow/gold to three items and to create more visual pull.  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:28 pm
I... son't know quite what to make of your avi, Steph. It's very pastel-colored, has fishy bits, and a stick thrown in for god knows why. Maybe I'm just missing the memo, but there is really no cohesiveness in it that I can see...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:02 pm
Perfect, Erve. I have nothing to add, looks like you got everything you need for your zen garden warrior avi.  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:53 pm
Roland! Lol It's Firewing btw. And your avvy strikes me as very Prince Charming for some reason. Maybe it's the cape and the armor. I love it. The hair color adds a nice twist to a classic theme.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:41 pm
He's obviously dressing up as Ike from Fire Emblem D:

--Now useless picture--

I really like your avi =] it's got a very magical quality to it. And it's about time someone found a way to use those lightning bolts without looking like a 'tard.  

CR Kyrie

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:28 pm
I like your color use, but the mark on the face kind of detracts from the effectiveness - that's just not my taste. Other than that, I think you hit the nail on the head. biggrin

Erverain
I... son't know quite what to make of your avi, Steph. It's very pastel-colored, has fishy bits, and a stick thrown in for god knows why. Maybe I'm just missing the memo, but there is really no cohesiveness in it that I can see...

Er, I wanted to do a unique take on the Lady of the Lake... am I fail? emo  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:45 am
It doesn't make me think Lady of the Lake. It's more...unique Little Mermaid?  

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:02 am
The lighting is so freaking bright!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:32 pm
love the dash of gold. but the pants are just ok.

for mine, I'm trying to work on an idea at the moment. I'm writing a story about a shamed angel and trying to make my avvy look like the main char, am i getting there?  

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:19 pm
I find that with mostly monochromatic avatars, you need lots of detail or texture to keep it interesting. Otherwise it all runs together.

I suppose it suits the character, but I would try to add more points of interest.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:47 pm
The head is so weird when combined with the rest of the avatar, but I can't doubt the obvious greatness that the entirety has to it. It's chillingly odd.  

CR Kyrie

ll - Vanille - ll

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:10 pm
The wing and face throw me of, but other than that it is pretty good.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:33 pm
We have the same hair and bunny. x3

I like that the colours all match, and the facial expression cracked me up. Could use a smidge more blue up top, but that's just me being uber-picky.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:20 pm
Lovely as usual. The bunny seems a bit out of place, but it's fine as it is. Very nice outfit overall~  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 184 185 186 187 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games