Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:05 pm
Impression
Faranie

Though she had made her mind up to leave, her heart bruised enough by watching all the excitement and joy as others got what she had been dreaming of for her entire life, and which had once been the future that was meant to be hers, finding a lifemate and the absolute joy of being a dragonrider... she hadn't been able to tear herself away so easily.

She had walked the edges of the sands heading toward the exit of the weyr, had been lost in her own thoughts and selfish feelings when the drama of the Western rider insulting the Queen and being banished, had missed the mauling of another candidate. Missed as two more eggs hatched.

But she didn't miss the voice that slunk into her mind with the gentlest of caresses. My dear Faranie, did you really think that any Gold could ever match your Samedith?

She paused, heart in her throat, not daring to breathe. A voice in her mind like that could only mean one thing. A dragon's voice. Hers. She had a dragon soulmate. She belonged to someone, and someone belonged to her... Slowly she turned back to the sands to see just who Her Samedith was.

Once she looked to the sands, there was no doubt who Her Samedith was. The brilliant blue was simply lounging about on the sands, confident in himself, and in her. A strange thought to be sure, but, she could feel the truth of it in her soul. He didn't need to chase because she was His and she would always come to him, and He would go to her when it was needed. Rainbow hued eyes caught hers, and she knew she would never be alone again, and so many of the dreams she had long thought out of reach were now within her grasp, and she would see Samedith and herself in power where they belonged.

We won't be able to make much of an attempt at power if you simply lay there, dear heart. Food and oiling await. She made her way onto the sands, ready to go to his side. You are going to have to get up now, because I cannot carry you to the tables.

Surely Mine wouldn't want Their Samedith to expire before we were able to achieve all that we are meant to? It isn't so much an imposition is it?The blue turned imploring, adoring eyes upon the golden beauty.

She rolled her eyes slightly as as knelt in the sands next to the blue. Hers. 'Don't expect this to be a regular thing, dear heart.' She carefully lifted the dragonet. She would carry him, just this once.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:08 pm
Candidate Nalacko she/her

A sensation came again. This one of love was different from before. Someone? Or someones were out there watching her. Nala didn’t know who, but she hoped she could thank them after this was over. She sent a thanks back. She’d make it through to the end of this hatching. Somehow.

Oh one of the bronzes made his way up a couple of tiers to claim someone from the stands. How lucky they were! She wished the new pair luck as she turned back to the sands. Then the dark green made her pick as well. Not long after that, MOOY approached Riz’s group. Nala glanced over to see the green head over to Shar and she smiled. Perfect.

SilverLutz
Shar

Dea and #Teddy#
Zamistia and Nanuth

Hattaki
Riz and Bossuth

magnadearel

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:41 pm
Excuse me. I don't mean to interrupt-

It was a soft but firm voice that caught Shar's attention, once more resounding in her mind. Who was speaking to her now? She turned to look and found a small, dark green beside her, pressing her way into the little group of tension without fear. Shar's eyes widened in surprise as the green pressed on, realizing that this wasn't someone else's dragon reaching out to her, but hers.

-my Shar, but your Yulaniath has waited for some time to come to you. Perhaps we might follow your friend?

It took Shar a moment to process everything that was happening as just a moment ago she'd been standing in defiance of the troublesome duo while somehow pride pumped through her, irritation and delight swirling together as she watched Rizdax stand with his dragon. Now, though, as rainbow eyes whirled up at her, an overwhelming sensation of love and perfection pushed all other emotions aside, the two boys and their twins forgotten.

We can protect them together, you and I.

Despite the happiness surging through her, Shar managed a snort of amusement as she shifted to kneel before the little dragon, embracing her slim but strong neck as Rizdax had done to Bossuth moments before. Hers. A dragon she could fight with, one she could protect Pern and all of its inhabitants with. Someone who would rise to every challenge with her, who wouldn't back down from a fight, who would push until there was nothing left to give. She was perfect.

"Don't let Riz hear you say that," she whispered softly as she pressed her cheek to Yulaniath's smooth, if slightly gooey hide. Yup, she needed oiling to get all that egg goop off of her. A voice from above drew her smile into a scowl and she glared up at Ar'din, his tone not nearly as gracious as his words. But the two left, leaving the small group as Shar got back to her feet, a bit unsteady. Yulaniath was there to push her small head under Shar's hand, steady and strong, ready to act as something to lean against should her leg give out.

"Well," Shar murmured as she stroked Yulaniath's smooth hide between her headknobs, her gaze finally lifting to Riz with a wide, honest grin. "I guess we'll be coming with you."

Are you all right, dear brother? Yulaniath asked, giving a little creel as her now blue eyes settled on the ichor dripping from him. Such senseless violence towards one another...they'd rely on each other some day up in the skies as Thread fell, and yet they all started out so vicious.

medigel

Hattaki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:49 pm
oz & glinda

"They provide the adventure some of us crave," Glinda agreed, her eyes drawn to the flits. They were always more adorable when they were someone else's, weren't they. Just like human children. "Though the reality is usually more cruel, the stories can be a delight." She was also watching Oz's hand, however, which had seemingly moved to pat one of them, though he was capable of more devious things if left unobserved.

Oz, noticing this, gave her a lopsided smile and leaned against her. "We," he announced grandly, "are here to ply our wares on behalf of our father and perhaps get a glimpse of all the greatness High Reaches has to offer: the food, the women, the hospitality for outsiders, the women, earn some marks if we're lucky. Oh, and maybe witness another fantastic birthing of the baby warriors of Pern with the dearest of dear hopes that one such creature could be ours, I suppose." The hand that had pat one flit lifted and flicked away at nothing casually. "But the women, though--"

A loud roar stopped him from going on, and both twins straightened: one out of surprise and one to remind herself it was only proper.

"Now this is getting interesting," Oz said, still grinning even as a dragon and his rider were ousted. "Makes the past few hatchings tame. I really do think people'll like the I survived bandanas now, Glinda. Or maybe I should slim them down, turn them into ribbons so they can be tied easier...No, then you can't read the words..."

Glinda sighed. She was going to say that such theatrics was unbecoming for them all, but then a bundle of said theatrical enthusiasm hopped up the stairs--and she actually had a moment where she pictured Oz of all people on a bronze. Thankfully, the dragonet had better taste than that.

"Right on, you funky four legged fighter you~" Oz cheered.

"What about yourself?" Glinda asked the playwright, attempting to continue as if they weren't in the middle of what was a brewing storm for drama. "Drawing inspiration?"

Smerdle

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:50 pm
T'rin and Ingonth

Well, I'll see about the hats, Ingonth lied. T'rin has a lot of clothes. And speaking of Mine...

T'rin came up beside his dragon, hands clean and hair pulled back in a loose tail. He smiled and nodded at the other little blue, smoothing his white robes flat as Ingonth butted against his leg.

Lead on, cousin.

Prism Shine
XDD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:28 pm
Theo...and Bronze Iweth!
In the days and weeks the followed, Theo would wish time and time again that he had been watching his dragon's daring ascent to find him. Would wish that he could say in honesty that he'd known from the start, somehow, that like a fairy tale he'd felt his heart race, seen destiny come at last to knock upon his door.

Instead, he'd been distracted. The whole hatching spent locked on those hatchlings, and this of all times was the moment he'd looked away. You see, Regory, ambitious as the firelizard was, had quite outpaced himself. From deep within Theo's picnic parcel (and through the bond they shared) came the firelizard's moaning chirp...and a wave of nausea, of having eaten far, far too much.

It was not the first time Theo had felt such things from the rotund blue.

"Oh, gracious! Regory!" He'd turned away, hands abandoning his hold on the edge of the stands to gently lift the frankly spherical firelizard from the depths of the satchel, eyeing the bloated pet with concern and no little embarrassment. "He, he always did have a stomach bigger than his eyes, unfortunately..." He fumbled through explaining to Sylfie, trailing a soothing finger between the blue's headknobs and down his spine. "Eats himself to the breaking point, then sleeps it off. It's, it's almost cute, though I wish—"

HWONK!! Oh please tell me you're watching and writing this all down, OseathiolMine. Isn't it most magnificent and perfect?

He nearly dropped Regory, who clung, squalling, to his palm. Theo's head whipped around for the source of the sudden cacophony, and for the second time in as many seconds he nearly dropped the firelizard, this time freezing with his hand cocked, letting Regory slooowly roll...back into the bag of food, where he gave a faint, weak 'urp!'

"P-pardon?" Surely the hatchling hadn't meant to talk to him...!

You must ensure to include how valiant I was coming up these steps; how I am here to sweep you off your feet and take you off to become the most charming, most handsome, most rugged, most beautiful, most dragonriderly of dragonriders out there! It's so romantic, don't you think?

But...but he was too old! They'd told him he was unfit, and then too old, and he'd, he'd come to terms with that, been, been, he'd made his peace with it.

His quill, still held in the other hand, snapped in half as he sucked a sharp breath.

Oops! Don't put that one in your book... Just... Give a moment and I can... almost there... Get you! Your Iweth wants to make a beautiful Impression scene, just for you.

The bronze was only a few steps away now, and as he fumbled to hop up another, Theo lurched to his feet, sending his desk nearly toppling. A last minute grab kept it awkwardly intact, papers scattering off the side. "St-stay put, p-please Iweth!" He reached a hand for the hatchling, as if to stop his ascent. "You're, oh, that's so very dangerous!" Thankfully the bronze seemed to get the picture, stopping his climb and sitting back on his haunches to PEEP! as His came closer.

"Sylfie, uh, Sylfie, I'mmmm, I'm so, just, dreadfully sorry to have to..." He slipped past her with as much ease as he could...nearly dropping the desk again (should he leave it?? he had no idea) as he did his best to both not touch her and not fall down the stairs as he made it around her. "Have to, have to go right now. And it's terribly, horribly rude of me but, ah, would you mind...minding Regory for a moment or two?" As if this wasn't about to take far, far longer. The rest of his life, even.

He made the stairs just as Iweth, with a mightly leap reached his level, the bronze instantly shoving his head into Theo's side nearly sending the desk crashing down once more) and beaming rainbow eyes. There! Finally! Oh, and hello to you up there! The wee bronze peeped up at Hesperith...before slyly snagging a loose piece of paper. Clearly THIS was the record of his legendary climb! He waved it about like a flag...and then slowly began to chew. Hm. Not bad.

The next few minutes gave High Reaches one more awkward note to add to their hatching—the picture of a really-almost-too-old man, fine attire gone all akimbo, attempting to carry a bronze dragonet under one arm and a desk (leaving a literal paper trail of scrawled notes and sketches behind) under the other and not fall to his death down the stairs of the stands.

For his part, and for the first time perhaps in his life, Theo didn't care a single bit about what everyone else thought of him just then. Because under his arm, cheering him on and radiating that perfect love he'd only dared to imagine, was his very own Iweth.
Meepfur

ShinosBee

Nerd

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:28 pm
SOUI and WHITE MUSETH

"There, how do you feel?" Soui finally let herself rest after oiling Museth front to back, side to side, up and down at least three or four times. There was no inch of the white dragonet she hadn't liberally coated with oil; if Museth attempted to be held it was very likely she'd pop out of Soui's arms and simply slide away. As amusing as that would actually be to some Soui didn't want to risk it and simply decided it would be best if the dragonet moved under her own power. Museth seemed to prefer that anyway and hummed her soft approval.

Spreading her wings so as to let them dry a little more, Museth looked at Soui with purple eyes. I feel wonderful, thank you so very much. That itch is gone and my hide feels like its never been smoother. You did a wonderful job so be proud of yourself. A nuzzle was in order to show just how much she appreciated the efforts though the white held back, not too keen on getting her rider just as oily as she was. She knew in her hearts that Soui wouldn't have minded in the slightest but sometimes holding back was key. Now, what shall we do? I'm neither hungry nor itching and yet I'm not weary enough to nap. Is there someone you'd like to speak with while we are here? A friend you've made?

"Um." Soui hestitated and Museth shook her small head, urging her lifemate to continue. "I...don't see Dehka here, or Orri. They're....the only two I'd really like to talk to right now, since they helped me on the sands." Worry for them was coloring her thoughts as both had taken quite some blows. "They both got pretty hurt though when a dragonet came through and clawed them down. I don't think they were purposefully trying to protect me but they both did."

As is their duty, which I am forever thankful they thought to perform. Were you to be hurt I'd still have found you at the healers, though to see you safe and in one piece was far more welcoming. Her wings still spread, Museth moved to finally fold them lest she cause trouble for those around. She may have been a small white but that didn't mean she needed to take up space that others would need. When the time comes I would very much like to see them and personally thank them both.

Soui nodded, though she bit her lip. "Assuming they're both okay."

They will be, my love.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:48 pm
Ruunan [HR] - 16 - he/him/his - App Woodcrafter

The young man nodded in earnest listening as Rykin spoke of his sister- though questions sprang to his tongue, he wanted to wait until his new-found friend had finished speaking. It was then that Eveleth roared, shaking the caverns. Ruun wasn’t immune to the Queens’ collective anger. In fact, the sheer power of the senior Queen’s vocalisation might have blown him away literally if his feet hadn’t been grounded.

There was an undercurrent of tension, palpable in the air. Some Queens spoke out- including Mictecath, for all of her juvenile fierceness… And bronzes, too, including one who left. Ruunan clenched his fists, but fear trickled down his arms, turning them to ice, and he hoped the flexing motion might give him feeling back in his fingers. It was going to be okay. Hopefully. He hadn’t erred… at least, he didn’t think he’d made a mistake? Other than testing the patience of that young bronze…

Meztli seemed disappointed- Ruunan didn’t know too much about their fondness for Friends from the Other Side, but the mention of fetching cake seemed to imply that there was something deeper between candidate and egg-bound dragon. He wanted to give them a reassuring pat, but was it too forwards? Maybe it would be misconstrued? Ah… instead, he tried to offer Metzli a reassuring smile. It had its usual sort of sheepish quality to it- but points for trying, right?

He could only stand and hope as he watched the dragonets pair off. No more drama, no more bloodshed, no more injuries- either physical or otherwise… Maybe everybody could forgive each other, move on, and live happily ever after?

”smerdle”
Rykin!

”ShinosBee”
Meztli!

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:17 pm
Nyaranau [HR] - 19 - she/her/hers - Weyrling of Gold Mictecath

Tail flickering slightly, Mictecath watched her clutchmates find their bonded with the serene, anxious grace of a tightly-wound overseer. Oh… Yes, good choice, Friends on the Other Side. What a great addition to the family that one will be! She sent a wave of warm affection towards Samedith. Oh, and Morsmordeth had founds Hers, as well! She crooned happily, seeing them together. Yulaniath’s choice was excellent as well- not that it could be anything but, given that her sister was a shining, beautiful example of a green… Iweth ventured into the Stands to find His- but that was a necessary thing sometimes. They looked well-matched, and the golden hatchling watched as the man struggled to carry both his bonded and… well, whatever it was that he was still clinging to. Well- everybody had their… thing... She supposed.

Yes, it was all going rather well, now that mama, and auntie, and uncles, and father, and grandmama, and all of their family had banded together to push out the ungrateful and the undeserving.

“Mic…” Nyara began, a note of concern in her voice…

They were rude. They do not deserve to be here.

“Don’t fan the flames.” Nyara answered, the grin obvious in her voice as she patted her dragon’s head. Mictecath did not answer, but turned her gaze back on her clutchmates.

Ah. Cuddles were needed! Love was needed! Without further ado, Mic started off at a trot, crossing the sands once more with Nyara hastily following in tow. Krahsujunth and Baby Mine needed her! Well- Baby Mine especially. Her dearest papa had things well in hand, but extra cuddles were never a bad thing. “Mic- you’re hungry. I can feel it.”

She curled up on Baby Mine’s other side, whilst Nyara hovered nearby. “Hello, Krahsujunth, and sweet young baby white. Sorry- I’m trying to tell her she’s hungry but she’s quite… well. I wouldn’t have her any other way. She’s quite perfect.” Nyara grinned. Perfectly intent on doing her own thing.

I can hear your thoughts, you know. Just because you haven’t figured out how to do the think-speaking-thing yet doesn’t mean your mind is a closed book.

Nyara ran a hand through her hair- frustration? frazzlement?- then gave a little shrug, and sat down on Mic’s other side. Fardles, the sands were hot, but if they were going to camp here, she didn’t want to look like a complete idiot bystander.

Mictecath’s attention was mostly on her white sibling, whom she nuzzled fondly. Papa’s right! You were borned at exactly the right time! And you’re not too late at all! The heart that’s just for you is waiting right out there somewhere, and they’ll always wait for you. There was passion in her mindvoice, but Nyara wasn’t sure if there was also a lingering undertone of threat. Like Krahsujunth, it seemed like Mictecath was planning to drag whoever was meant for her clutchmate over whether they liked it or not.

Well… Mic was just being helpful in her own way. The young woman gave the gold an affectionate pat.

”ShinosBee”
Mic/Nyara to Krahsujunth, Mic about Iweth

”Uta”
Mic to Baby Mine

”LadyPipen”
Mic to Morsmordeth

”dawns_aura”
Mic about Samedith

”SilverLutz”
Mic about Yulaniath

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:19 pm
Korbet

Their father. For a second or two, Korbet was pleased that he had sussed out their relation, but when he thought back on their past conversation, he realized they had told him as much already. Hardly an impressive bit of deduction, after all. He was horribly tense and distracted here, no good for watching this spectacle and its audience with any kind of proper retention. Maybe he should have fought harder to stay away.

When the dragon bumbled up into the stands, there was a moment where curiosity turned to hope, when he truly wished that the bronze would speak to him as he had when he'd been a candidate. But then Theo was talking to the creature, to Iweth, and Korbet's heart dropped as it had so many times before. He reached for his flask again, taking a slow pull before hooking it back onto his belt.

"Theoretically," he said, turning a smile that was only slightly bitter on the twins. "I am being paid to draw inspiration, even though I've seen all of this a number of times. Having a bronze so close is a first though." Even on the sands, they'd wanted nothing to do with him.

medigel
flaskus interruptus

Smerdle

Scamp

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:23 pm

EP... had missed a wonderful opportunity to be heroic. Drat! Papa, am I a failure? the dragonet asked, bearing witness to the wild shenanigans. But. WOW! Oh no! Had someone been mean to grandma and mama and auntie? All at once?

YOU KNOW... rude people should keep their mouths shut! he opined to the world at large. Expecto Patronum had seen and judged that act. An'... an' if you don't wanna stand, nobody said you gotta!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:27 pm
FISHER

Oh, so now the little blue who'd been playing with his brown dad was moving about again. Fisher felt a bit sheepish that she'd looked away from his antics but hey, she was watching now and he was just as interesting and amusing as before. Whomever he decided to look to was sure in for a handful, but in a good way.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:29 pm
Lucius--High Reaches Candidate

A voice calling out to everyone made Lucius turn to look at the little blue who had been playing with his father. He couldn't help the large smile that formed as he watched the blue speak out. Nodding his head in agreement with the blue he sent thoughts of admiration and support to him.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:31 pm
Candidate Nalacko she/her

She blinked as one of the babies spoke out to the world. It was probably good advice. Nala tilted her head at the second part. No they didn’t, but might be considered odd if they didn’t when they could. For instance, did she? She’d never really been super keen on it, and had mainly enrolled because her father pushed her to it. Perhaps she shouldn’t stand anymore? Nala decided she’d need to talk to someone, maybe the candidatemaster?, before she made anything final.  

magnadearel

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:31 pm
Niika

Such a sweet blue. Niika found herself nodding along with Expecto Patronum's sentiments as she checked over her bets. There are those who would fight tooth and nail to be down there with you if there was anybody or foothold to fight for it with, it wasn't thought towards the babies, exactly, but it was perhaps more self-pitying than she liked to be.

But it was hard to not have such envy for those who didn't appreciate their chances for what they were.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games