Reply Teepees
[IC] =Foalen's Teepee= Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hime

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:25 am
Taroji blinked and looked a little surprised that wasn't what he ment he just wanted to splash water in her face not making her all happy, but that was of course very good too. He looked at the rainbow colored drops that is why the rainbows could peek out when the sund shined at the rain..

" Ah well it's really pretty i forgot that the sun did that to the water "

Taroji expected to get a splash in the face from Applejack but it seemed that she was so much nicer then he tought so maybe it was bad splashing water at her? but she seemed very happy ober the rainbow drops..

The stallion looked at the mare's eyes they really seemed to enjoy this...he starred at her for probably many seconds before he shoke his head and looked away it was rude starring like that..

" Well i am glad i met you too ...i would make you rainbow drops anyday if you smile like that everytime "

He winked and her and waved his tail happily over making her all this full off energy and happiness.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:27 am
Looking up at the handsome stallion standing nearby Apple Jack frowned slightly, for Taroji appeared conserned. She didn't want her new friend to feel badly at all. 'Perhaps he is afraid he might have offended me with the splashing.' She thought to herself offering the beautifuly marked cat like soquili a brilliant smile so he would know she didn't mind the water.

"Actually I like playing in water almost as much as I like rainbows, would you like to play in the water a little bit? The water is nice and cool and it's certianly warm enough today. It might be refreshing to splash around a little. What do you think?"
The freckled mare asked as she pranced a little in place her front hooves making small splashes as she dance from leg to leg.

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Hime

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:35 am
Taroji looked back at the little female with his strange colored eyes it was actually hard to see what color they was because sometimes they seemed pink and sometime more orange and it was easier to notice it in this light. He took a few more steps closer to her..

" Heh yes water is very nice i have to agree on that~~ and i actually started the splashing game but i tought you didn't like things like that but i guess i was wrong "

he was relived she wasn't mad or anything so he decided to play along in the splashing game. He lifted one off his legs and splashed away some water in her direction you could really see the beautiful water changing color...rainbow colors..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:41 pm
~An Unexpected Visitor~
(rp with Foalen, Naeva & Harperking)

Naeva
Talasi stumbled on a root for perhaps the third time in an hour. She was tired, her legs and arms were scratched from brambles, and she was horribly, thoroughly, and completely lost.

Tuwa, Talasi's rust-furred wolf, nosed her friend's blue-black hair off of her face. Talasi laughed weakly and ruffled Tuwa's ears as she picked herself up off the ground. "I need to watch where my feet are going, don't I, Tuwa? Hush, I'm all right." A deep sigh escaped her as she petted Tuwa absently. "I give up. I don't know where we are, and I have no way of knowing where he might be in any case. What do you think, little sister? Which way should we go?"

Tuwa flicked an ear as she considered her friend's words. They'd been travelling for days in search of Talasi's adoptive brother, Foalen, but his trail was hopelessly cold. All they knew was the direction he'd departed in, and could only hope he hadn't turned his path.

It was all they had to go on, so Tuwa sniffed the slight breeze that was stirring the trees and made her best guess. She yelped at Talasi once and set off at a steady trot through the trees, a few degrees off of the path Talasi had ben travelling. The wolf had scented cool water, which would be a welcome respite and might even provide some greens for her twoleg's supper.

Talasi jogged along behind her red-furred companion, wondering what her friend had scented that was so interesting. She rather hoped it wasn't just a rabbit.

The young woman's coffee-brown eyes went wide at the sight of the glade Tuwa led her to. A stream gurgled crystal clear out of a wide, sandy-floored cave into a small pool, then poured away into the trees. The shadows inside the cave were cool and inviting, and the soft sand looked like a comfortable place to sleep. No tracks marred the white sand, so it looked as though the cave had no current resident to disturb.

Talasi, suddenly aware of how sticky-hot she was, took off her deerskin dress and laid it on the bank of the small stream, setting her moccassins and belt with it's pouch and knife nearby. She plunged into the icy water of the pool, gasping from the cold.

Tuwa snuffled around in the grass while her friend swam, hunting mice more for practice than anything else. Tuwa was an accomplished huntress and had kept herself and Talasi amply fed on rabbits and even a slow bird or two on their journey.

When Talasi finished her swim, she dried her tan skin with a tuft of grass, then slipped her clothes back on.

"It's getting late, Tuwa, shall we stay the night here? I don't think we'll find a better place. Besides, it looks like it's clouding up for rain. I'd better get some firewood together while it's still dry!"

As Talasi scampered about making camp in the cave (which proved to be quite a bit deeper than it looked from outside), Tuwa began to hunt in earnest. Ranging wide around the clearing, she managed to surprise a turkey dozing in the shade of a bush. The red wolf dispatched it quickly as the first peal of thunder echoed overhead, and ran back to camp as fast as her long legs could carry her.

The companions sheltered in the cave that night, which was warm and dry despite the stormy weather outside. Talasi fell asleep leaning against the cool stone of the cave wall, with Tuwa happily sprawled half in her lap, half on the fine sand of the cave floor.

Tuwa's sensitive ears woke her to a strange sound. It was curiously like a mole digging underground, but much louder, as though the mole were as large as Tuwa, and... above her? Tuwa's amber eyes flicked to the cave ceiling, which was mostly earth and loose stones held together by tree roots. As she watched through horrified eyes, she saw that the earth had become mud, softening in the rain, and the stones were beginning to shift!

"RUN," the little wolf bayed, though her heart wept with the knowledge that her beloved twolegs couldn't understand her speech. She tugged at her friend's dress, urging her to rise, to leave, to flee! Groggy with sleep, Talasi struggled to make it out of the cave before it collapsed...

Harperking

Wambli Zikala was doing the thing she loved best - flying just below the clouds. The storms of the previous night had left the air clean and crisp and the wind mare reveled in it as it whipped past her. She was full of energy and joy, for she was on her way to see her beloved mate Jewel this day. She even had her two-foot Anpo braid the beaded feathers the shaman had made for her into her mane so she would look nice for him!

I think I will follow the stream to his glade today she decided as she saw the silvery glint of the waters below her. Gliding downward she let the stream guide her along. The waters rushed and danced below her, higher than normal because of the rains the night before.

A pile of mud and trees fallen over halfway into the stream was something new. It must have happened last night, she thought as she flew over it. A scrap of color caught her attention and she turned, neighing in surprise when she saw it was a red colored wolf frantically digging at the mud. Her curiosity had to be filled!

The dark mare landed in the clearing jst above the mudslide.
"Greetings, stranger! What treasure are you looking for there in the mud?"

Naeva
Tuwa was caught completely off-guard by the winged mare's approach. Whipping her narrow head around and bristling in surprise, the wolf was shocked to discover the sheer -size- of her visitor! Crouching low to the ground, Tuwa snarled in agitation. "I haven't lost a treasure, I lost my twofoot! She's trapped under all this mud! Twolegs can't breathe mud!"

Harperking

"Your twolegs is under the mud!" Wambli knew that was not a good thing. "Oh no! Let me help you dig."

The mare walked to the edge of the slide and carefully began pawing at the wet earth. Gobs of it moved away with each movement.

"There is a village not far from here. I can go for help once we find her," Wambli didn't want to mention that they may not find her under all the debris.

Naeva

Tuwa couldn't remember ever having met a creature quite like this one. She had the long, strong legs of an elk, but her hooves were solid and she had long hair down her neck like cornsilk. And wings! But such thoughts didn't occupy the little wolf for long. "Thanks!" she gasped, and returned to digging, flinging clods of wet earth away with her claws and sniffing frantically to guide her digging. After a moment, a whiff of familiar scent caught her twitching, damp nose. "Here! She's here!"

Digging quickly, Tuwa unearthed a limp hand.

Foalen

Not too far away near the river that ran through the forest a tall native dressed in nothing save his loin cloth stood hip deep in the cool coursing water. From the shore a painted soquili watched filled with a mixture of curiosity and amusment.

She couldn't fathom for a moment why the twoleggers liked dunking themseleves so much. It wasn't so much that she disliked water. For surely water was a belssing from the great spirit, but why go so deep and then scrub your skin raw, the whole thing didn't make much sense to her way of thinking.

'Then again perhaps that is it,' the brown and white mare thought to herself. 'They don't really have much of a coat to protect them so perhaps that is why they like to keep what hide they do have very clean.'

Finishing his ministrations the young man dove down into the water causing Ayita to lose sight of him. When he surfaced he pushed soaking black hair off of his face offering his soquili friend a smile as he climbed up onto bank to dry off. He couldn't help, but wonder at what was going through the mare's mind right now for the strange expression on her long face. "Trust me dear one, It' may seem strange to dunk yourself in a river, but the spirit made my kind enjoy that sort of thing.

Laughing he raised a still dripping hand to run it over her forlock, "Sometimes we even do it for fun."

As Ayita wickered in response the shaman looked about for something to dry off with. It was nice to have Ayita and Takota around to talk to when he need to talk, but dispite their friendship he sometimes felt a little lonely. Perhaps he should move his teepee closer to the village. But no that wouldn't work either. He needed the quiet he had found in the forest to aid him in medidation. On top of that being so near the spirits also aided in being able to contact them more clearly than in the village where there was so much commotion. No he would stay where he was, even if it was a litte lonsome out here.

Harperking

Hurrying over to where the wolf was digging, Wambli put her hooves to good use. Carefully she scraped the mud away as the wolf dug - she didn't want to get too close in case she accidentally hurt the woman. Soon the hand was joined by the arm, then the shoulder and finally the head of the unconcious woman. Stepping back, Wambli breathed a prayer, hoping that they had not been too late.

Naeva
Tuwa whuffled a gruff thanks to Wambli for her help, then circled her unmoving friend, snuffling at her, pawing at her, trying to coax some sign of life. Finally, with a yap of frustration, Tuwa pounced both back paws hard against Talasi's back. With a hacking cough and a shuddering breath, warm color began to return to Talasi's cheeks, but otherwise she did not stir.

At this welcome sight, Tuwa sat on her haunches and howled, releasing her anxiety and celebrating simultaneously in a cascading paean of joy.

"I will stay with her," the wolf said when she had finished, "and try to dig her out completely. Please go to your twolegs for help, she may be injured."

Harperking

Another prayer, this time one of thanks was sent skyward by the dark mare.

"I will be back soon! Is there something I take with me to show them? Twofeet sometimes are a little dense when it comes to understanding, as I am sure you well know. If I take something that belongs to a twofoot they will know I saw someone out here."

Naeva
Tuwa's ear flicked once as she thought. "Good idea, I know just the thing." The wolf snapped quickly once at Talasi's throat. She came away with something dangling from a leather thong caught in her jaws; this she offered to their benefactor.

Harperking

"I will be back as soon as I can!" Wambli said before she took the thong in her mouth. Stepping over to firmer ground she lept into the air and with and unfurling of her wings took to flight. Circling the area once - both to get her bearings and to mark the area firmly in her mind so she could find it again - she began her journey upriver.

After just a few minutes flight a flash of color caught her eye. A whinny she recognized followed the sight and Wambli had her faith in the Spirits renewed once more. Ayita! And the shaman - and they are so close!

Landing on the edge of the water she trotted over to the shaman and dropped the talisman at his feet. She then grabbed his braid and gently tugged him towards Ayita.

"Ayita, a twofoot is hurt - buried in the mud not far from here! We need to get the shaman to her! Help me get him to understand!"

Naeva

Back at the cave-in, Tuwa lies down against Talasi's still form. The russet-furred wolf huddles as close as she can to share her warmth, and gently licks the blood from a scratch near her twoleg's ear. Her amber eyes scan the cloudy sky, hoping to see their strange new friend winging her way back.

Foalen

The painted mare's head swung up at the sound of alarm in her friend's voice. Glancing quickly at Wambli with her warm brown eyes Ayita whinnined a reply that was at once a reasurance and a call for the shaman's attention. Turning to look at her two legged friend she realized that she hadn't really needed to get his attention.

The object that the wind mare had dropped at Foalen's feet brought forth a reaction from the young man that Ayita had never witnessed before. Foalen bent down to pick up the item revrently as if it were something sacred disbelief reflecting in his eyes. A strange mixture of pain happyness and consern seemed to flicker across his face in a fleeting instant before he gently palmed the object and slid it into his pouch for safe keeping.

He stood then and quickly slid his leggings on. Evidently he felt the same urgancy as Wambli for he approched the soquili with shirt and pouch in hand not even bothering to put them on.

"Ayita," He said with a calmness he didn't really feel, placing a hand along her neck so she might feel the need that was driving him. A part of him didn't want to believe the little wolf carving was real. But he knew it was, he had seen it many times and knew just who it belonged to. Though the owner should have been safe in the village where he had grown up not harrying around the countryside.

"I need to ask your aid in this my friends." He said knowing they wouldn't understand but needing to explain himself just the same. "If Wambli knows where the owner of this carving is I would like to go to her as soon as we may. Please would you take me there?"

"Of course we'll help you." Ayita had understood the shaman's actions more than his speech, but she quickly nuzzled Foalen, lightly pushing him toward her back in clear invitation. "Though normally it takes a little longer to get a two legger's attention."

As soon as Foalen settled onto her back Ayita neighed her readiness to her friend preparing herself for a run.

Harperking

"You chose a smart one, Ayita! He knew right away what was needed!" Wambli was delighted with how quickly the shaman readied himself for the journey. As soon as he was seated she started to trot down the river path, then stopped as a thought occured to her.

She shouldered up to Ayita. "Ayita, he seems most upset by the carving and wants to get there fast. I can carry him there in flight faster than by land if you would allow it - do you think he would wish that? Anpo has flown with me - I would keep him safe!"

Foalen
"I think he would consider it an honor dear friend. He is probably so unsettled by the thought of someone in danger that he didn't even pause to consider that a windsoquili would indeed be faster than one bound to the earth." Stopping she turned her head to look at her human passenger with one dark gleeming eye speaking slowly and clearly so he would understand. "Wambli"

She didn't know if he could understand the dark mare's name but when she glanced over at Wambli a spark of recognition ignited upon his face. "Ah, I see. You want me to ride Wambli. But can I? He turned to face the younger mare sliding off of Ayita's back still carrying his shirt and pouch. The need to leave was burning its way through his heart, but if he did this thing he wanted to do right by those who had offered their help. He never wanted it to be said that he took such things for granted

"Would such a thing be acceptable to you, Wambli?" Foalen managed to ask in a quiet voice when his dearest urge was to simply hop upon the waiting mare's back.

Harperking

Her reply was simple. Wambli knelt before the shaman, a movement that before only Wi Ile Anpo had witnessed the proud mare do. She unfurled her wings slightly so that he would be able to tuck his knees behind them.
With a kind look in her dark eyes she turned to look at him and whickered reassuringly.

"Be sure to tell him to hang on to my mane!" she told Ayita. "You just need to follow the river downstream to find the place we are going!"

Foalen
"My deepest thanks," Foalen breathed revrently and then he settled hmself upon the Wambli's back quickly throwing his pouch over his shoulder and wrapping his shirt around his waist.

"Downstream, right. I'll go as soon as you take flight." Ayita nodded at Wambli and then turned to Foalen carefully saying the word Mane in her own language slowly and clearly hoping Foalen would get the idea.

The shaman looked over at the painted mare blankly for a moment. It was fustrating not being able to comunicate very well. But then Foalen's face cleared and he gently wove his fingers in the dark mane trying to prepare himself for the journey they were about to undertake.

Harperking

Feeling his grip tighten, Wambli stood. She twirled around, feeling his legs tighten in reflex as she moved.

"Good! Ayita has taught you well!" she said as she moved to a trot, more to let him get use to her than for the need for speed. As soon as she felt the shaman settle into her movements she quickened her pace, cantor - then gallop straight to the riverbank - where she leapt into the air and extended her wings.

The muscles on her shoulders and back moved in rhythm, echoing the heartbeat of the land below her. Each wingbeat lifted upwards, following by a dip down as the wings moved up again. She was careful of her new passenger - quite aware that he was unuse to the feeling of sky and wind.

Again the oriole colored mare followed the river, staying as low as she dared in case the shaman should lose his balance. Soon she saw the path of the mudslide through the trees and the movement of the wolf with her two foot.

Slowing her flight Wambli landed in a long low glide, as gentle as she could. She trotted over to the wolf as soon as her hooves touched ground, yelling out as she did so.

"I brought help! Our shaman, Foalen, was jsut up the river!"

Foalen

Having ridden Ayita fairly often Foalen knew to use his knees to help him stay in place as the dark mare moved though it took him a little while to get used to the changing gaits. He thought he had it just as Wambli reached the rivers edge and lept upwards. Dispite his grip the shaman could feel his body lurch backwards at the initial push upwards and it took a great exertion of will to keep himself from crying out.

It wasn't so much that he was afraid, for he had left his phyiscal form behind and soared thought he air in spirit form. However doing the same in a more corprial form was quite a diffrent experience. The lift off had litteraly taken his breath away. Though now that they were flying steadily only dipping occasionally as Wambli's great wings came reached a down beat his stomach was feeling a little less like rebelling and Foalen was able to get a look around. It was an amazing sensation flying through the air with such a powerful creature beneath him. It was both simillar and diffrent than his experince with Ayita had been and he savored the feeling even though he didn't have any real idea of what he would find when they reached the end of their journy.

Then he saw the mudslide and narrowing his eyes he picked out a red wolf that couldn't be any other than his sister's true and brave friend. "Tuwa, is that you girl?" He called out looking down at the debries searching for a sign of his sister.

Back at the river Ayita waited for her friend to take off as she had said she would and then she ran down stream as fast as her legs would carry her. Over dead logs and around boulders she crashed through the forest headless of the animals that scattered at the sound of her flight. She kept to the edge of the river not wanting to risk running in the water as it was harder to judge footing there and she needed to get to the others as swiftly as possible.

The trail twisted and turned, but that didn't slow her up at all she kept runing and jumping the obsticals in path. She was covered in sweat and her
breath coming in huge gasps when she finally reached the area Wambli and the others were. Walking herself out she let herself catch her breath before moving to see what was going on.

Naeva

Tuwa leaped to her feet and barked at Foalen as soon as she saw him. Whining a greeting, she nuzzled her face in his hands and licked them, but only for a second. Then she stepped aside to reveal Talasi's still form. She was breathing, but not moving.

Foalen
The shaman let himself slide gently off of Wambli's dark back and onto somewhat more solid ground. Stepping up beside Tuwa, Foalen kept a tight reign on his emotions as he carefully looked Talasi over both for any physical or spiritual harms. Finding neather he bent down next to her to get a closer look. From what he could see she had a few bruses under the mud and muck that had covered her in the landslide but no more than that. She most likely had hit her head in the rockslide.

Imesurably relieved Foalen sat back on his hind legs and looked up Tuwa and the two soquili waiting paitently behind her. "Rest easy my friends, she seems to have just knocked herself out. With a little water and some rest she will be fine."

Laughing away the tension that had built up during race to get to his sister's side the shaman looked down on her sleeping face and smiled ruefully. "You always were a stubborn one. Coming all this way with no one and nothing but your good sense and Tuwa to guide you." Leaning down he pressed a light kiss upon her smudged forhead careful not to touch any of the bruses. "I can but thank the Spirit for bringing you safely here."

Cupping her cheek in his hand he sat there for a moment as if proving to himself that she was indeed there and not some phantom of his wild imagination. When the moment passed and she did not evaporate into mist and dreams he went through his pouch looking for a particularly pungant herb that was good at recalling those who had gone wandering in the land of dreams.

Holding the herb under Talasi's nose he broke it crushing it between his fingers to let the strong scent fill the air.

Naeva
Tuwa grumbled at Foalen's murmured words as she circled back towards the waiting Soquili now that she knew her twofoot was safe. "And what more could she need than me to guide her? I saved her, didn't I? Hmmph."

Choking a little on the strong scent, Talasi woke. Her eyes flickered open, and she cringed away from the acrid smell of the plant. "Nngh... Tuwa, what did you..." Then the face hovering over her registered, and she fell silent, staring in disbelief, half convinced she was dreaming or looking at a spirit.

"F... Foalen?"

Harperking
Wambli watched the scene before her in surprse, then turned to the wolf.

"You did a great job in digging her out but - yhey know each other?! But you are not from our village, how can that be? I thought the shaman's family was far from here!"

Naeva
Tuwa gazed up at the dark mare with weary amber eyes. "They are indeed very far from here. These two are siblings, I think. They act that way, anyway, though they don't smell enough alike for brother and sister." The wolf shrugged her rust-furred shoulders.

"When the Shaman's apprentice left many seasons ago, Talasi was very sad. She decided some weeks ago to go look for him against their father's wishes. It was by the grace of the spirits alone that we wandered so close," Tuwa said with a rumbling chuckle. "I had thought the avalanche to be a disaster, but it was truly a blessing! The spirits move in strange ways," she said, shaking her head.

Foalen

Taking Talasi's expression in the shaman smiled gently his eyes bright with more than just happiness as he enveloped her in a warm embrace. "it's really me in the flesh and not some phantom roaming the forest. It's good to see you Talasi, I'm glad your all right." Foalen's voice was soft but it resonated with the powerful emotions he was feeling. There was so much more he wanted to say and he was certian the sister of his heart felt the same. But this was neather the time nor the place for that sharing to take place.

Gingerly Foalen offered his arms as support so that Talasi could use him to ease herself upright. " Now be careful sitting up. Take it slowly as it looks like you've gotten a nasty knock on your head. Once you are up to traveling I can take you to my Teepee. You'll be able to rest there."

Naeva
Talasi hugged her brother tightly, taking comfort in the reassuringly solid feel of him in her arms. "I can't believe we found you... I'm so glad you're all right!"

There were so many questions she wanted to ask. Where had he been all this time? Why hadn't he come home? Had he found another village? A wife? Suddenly this expedition seemed more foolish, and she had the horrible thought that perhaps he hadn't come home because he'd found somewhere he was happier, without them.

Pushing that aside- he was too happy to see her for that to be true, right?- she concentrated on getting to her feet without falling into the mud again.

As she scrambled to her feet, using Foalen's strong arm for support, her dark eyes fell onto the sleek, beautiful forms of the two Soquili, and she froze, breathless. This time she was absolutely certain she was looking at spirits, for only they could be so perfect and beautiful. Her people had spoken reverently of such spirits. "Foalen... are those...?"

Foalen
"Soquili, the children of the wind? Yes they are. And I was so overcome with your arrival and making certian you were well I seem to have ignored them completely." Foalen smiled appologeticly to the two soquili. "Let me introduce you to them. The beautiful black winged soquli is Wambli Zikala. The painted mare standing next to her is called Ayita and she was given into my care when I first arrived here. There is a village not far from where I live in the forest and there are a lot of soquili that live in and arround the village."

Inclining his head at the mares he motioned to Talasi knowing they couldn't understand his words but they would pick up on his bodylanguage. "This is Talasi, we were raised together, and I consider her to be my sister."

Harperking

Wambli nodded her head. "The spirits often do things that we don't understand until later."

Seeing the shaman's gesture and hearing her name, Wambli nickered a welcome to Talasi. "It looks like your family has grown again, Ayita!" the wind mare said with a laugh.

Naeva
Tuwa's ears snapped up at the introductions. "Oh, where are my manners! I'm Tuwa, pleased to meet you," the wolf said with an embarrassed grin and a sheepish wag of her tail.

Talasi smiled shyly bowed a little to the beautiful spirits- the Soquili, she corrected herself- and simply said "I am honored." Turning to Foalen, who she was still leaning on slightly to steady herself, she said "I think I can walk if you'd like to go to your teepee now."

Foalen

Having watched the exchange between the shaman and the other two foot Ayita came to a decision. This was obviously someone Foalen felt very strongly about. She could tell that he trusted and cared for this person beyond mesure. And while the teepee wasn't a long way off it would be quite a walk for someone who was injured.

Wuffling softly the painted mare paused before the young woman giving her a gentle nuzzle. Turning to the side the mare knelt down giving Talasi an obvious inviation to ride.

Foalen smiled softly at Ayita greatful for her kindness. "Thank you for the offer Ayita it's very kind of you. Talasi, would you like to have a ride to the teepee?"

Naeva
Talasi's face bore a very strange expression, approximately halfway between wonder and horror. Her voice rose slightly in panic. "I...! But! I'm just...!"

Somewhere in the back of her mind the ettiquette that the shaman had taught her nudged her thoughts. It would be horribly rude not to accept the Soquili's generosity, no matter how little Talasi deserved the gesture.

Talasi bowed slightly, wincing a little as her bruises pulled. "I humbly accept your most gracious offer to this unworthy one." A wry smile tugged at the corner of the young woman's mouth. "Forgive me, but I've never ridden a creature such as yourself before. I will probably be about as graceful as a sack of potatoes." With that, Talasi gingerly settled herself onto Ayita's back. She misguessed the proper position, however, sitting a little too far behind the mare's withers.

Harperking
Wambli watched this all with wry amusement, Looking down at the wolf, she asked "Is your two-foot always so flustered? And I would offer you a ride, but I daresay you wouldn't like the skies as much as I do" she finished with a nickering laugh.

Foalen
Ayita wickered reasuringly as Talasi lowered herself onto the mare's back. The weight seemed off however as the young woman settled into place and the mare turned her large head to try and see what was wrong.

"You might want to move a little more forward." Foalen suggested helpfully stepping up next to his sister's knee and placing his had upon the painted mare's withers. "Otherwise when Ayita starts moving you will probably be thrown backward and could possibly fall off. Just move a litle more towards me inbetween my hand and where you are now sitting and you'll be fine."

Gently the shaman stroked the soft fur under his hand and smiled up at Talasi. "I know how powerful a moment this is for you, but try to relax. You will enjoy yourself more if you can do that. Besides I'm sure Ayita will take good care of you so there is nothing to be worried about."

Naeva
Tuwa grinned at Wambli, wagging her tail in amusement. "Only when she's off her footing. An avalanche and meeting spirits in the flesh will have that effect. She'll get over it soon, I'm sure. She loves anything with fur, but I'm her favorite!"

Talasi gave Foalen a nervous smile and scooted carefully forward towards his hand. "Is that better?"
She tried to relax. It helped that Ayita was so terribly large, actually- it seemed impossible to Talasi that she could ever damage the mare. Still, it never hurt to be careful. Looking into Ayita's large brown eye, she asked "Is this all right?"

Foalen
The painted mare wuffled giving Talasi a look of approval as Foalen reached out to touch his sister's hand for a moment. "That's perfect. You might want to wrap your fingers in her mane and squeese lightly with your knees against her sides when she moves. The squeezing will help you stay on and don't worry it won't hurt her. The soquili are stronger than we are."

The young shaman gave Ayita a proud smile and a scratch behind the ear as he waited for Talasi to ready herself. Then he looked back up at his sister. "So are you ready to go?"

Naeva
Talasi was mostly trying not to look horrorstruck at the thought of riding a spirit made flesh. She managed a nod and wan smile to her brother as she twined her fingers in Ayita's multicolored mane and carefully squeezed her knees in, watching Ayita's face and ears for any sign she was squeezing too hard or pulling. "Th.. thank you again for your kindness, Ayita, I believe I'm as ready as I'm going to get," the young woman murmured as she braced herself for whatever would happen next.

Foalen
Remembering how difficult it was for Foalen to find his balance the first few times that he had ridden her Ayita started walking keeping her steps slow and her rythem smooth. Foalen walked along side of her one hand resting on top of her withers. He was ready to help if Talasi wanted any help at all though he had a feeling the enterprising young woman who had managed to find her way to him would be just fine on the first soquili ride.

After having flown with Wambli it was rather nice to have his feet firmly on the ground actually. The birds sang a warbling tune for them as the small procession made it's way along the river's edge down towards the place where Foalen's teepee rested.

"Even at this speed it shouldn't take us too long to get to my teepee and then you can have a rest. You must be exausted. How many moons have you been out looking for me?"

Naeva
Talasi's eyes went wide as Ayita stood and began to move. This must be a little like flying, the young woman thought. She held tightly to the painted mare's mane, trying not to pull, and concentrated on not falling off. It took her a moment to respond to her brother's question, so great was her concentration.

"Oh... three cycles of the moon, just about."

Foalen
Being lighter than her foster brother Talasi was in no way burden. With little effort the painted mare carried the young woman down the path next to the river gradualy increasing her speed to a slow trot.

The mare kept one ear cocked towards her rider for any sign of difficulty. Since she knew the area well all of Ayita was able to focus all of her senses Talasi and keeping her comfortable. Ayita wickkered reasuringly to the young woman to show her that she was doing well for her first ride.

Foalen kept up, jogging along side the soquili as he looked up at his sister with understanding in his dark eyes. "That's a long time time to be travling. You'll be happy to eat something more than what you can find on the trail I expect. I have some dried venison at my teepee given to me by a hunter friend of mine. I could make some stew when we get back if that knock on your head hasn't spoiled your appitite."

Naeva

Tuwa lengthened her stride to lope alongside as Talasi clung to Ayita's back, her black braids bouncing against her back, somewhat desperate not to make a fool of herself as the beautiful Soquili's pace increased. She was not doing too poorly all things considered. She even dared to reach a hand down from Ayita's mane briefly and stroke the mare's sleek neck, marvelling at the feel of the silky fur over muscle under her hand.

She smiled down at Foalen. "Venison stew would be lovely. Thanks to Tuwa I haven't gone hungry, but I've missed your cooking.

Foalen

Ayita enjoyed the feeling of Talasi's hand on her neck and she looked back with one deep brown eye gleeming her pleasure.

Nodding Foalen glanced over at the wolf gratatude as she ran along side the painted mare. Watching her he realized there was one member of his new family that he had yet to introduce to Tuwa and Talasi.

"Oh I forgot to mention. I have another four footed friend who has decided to stay with me. I forgot to mention him because he went off hunting this morning. But his name is Takota and he's a little brown fox. He's very sweet. I think you'll both like him." Foalen said including Tuwa in the conversation as he always had.

Slowing her pace Ayita neighed to let everyone know they were getting close to the teepee feeling that they might not have realized it since they were busy talking.

Naeva
Talasi had been nodding at Foalen's description of Takota when Ayita slowed suddenly and neighed. The young woman's eyes widened at this much louder vocalization from the mare. "What does that mean? Did I do something wrong?"

Tuwa slowed her pace to match the mare, looking up at the larger animal and scenting the air curiously. Smoke, tanned hides, herbs... the wolf sneezed as the pungent scent of Foalen's drying plants assaulted her sensitive nose. Yep, they were at Foalen's home allright. There was no mistaking the smell of a Shaman's hut.

Foalen

Foalen was about to give Talasi an answer to her question when something small darted through the underbrush at the edge of the path. Foalen turned to look at bush as a familiar long nose poked out of the greenery. "Takota. We were just talking about you. You've come to welcome us home haven't you. Come here, don't be afraid. There are some friends here I want you to meet."

The shaman waved his hand encoragingly and slowly Takota crept from his hiding place his small bright eyes going first to Tuwa and thend Talasi sitting up on Ayita's back. When neither human nor wolf mad a threatening gesture the fox grew more bold and totted over to the shaman's side.

Looking back up at his sister Foalen shook his head. "Don't worry Talasi. You didn't do anything wrong. We're just getting close to my teepee. I think she wanted to let us know so we would keep talking and wander right past it."

Naeva

Talasi watched the little fox curiously out of the corner of her eye. It was impolite to look directly at animals; they would interpret it as either a threat or a challenge. She remained quiet and still on Ayita's back, trusting Foalen to make the introductions, smiling and nodding silently to Foalen's explanation. She also took the opportunity as Ayita also stood still to pet the Soquili's silky coat some more; it was just so soft!

Tuwa regarded the smaller canine speculatively, also taking care not to stare him down. Foxes were known for being quick and clever- she was willing to bet a brace of fat rabbits that this little fox could show her the best places to hunt small game in the area. Perhaps they could work as a team! A crooked smile twitched across Tuwa's muzzle at the thought of working in a pack with a fox, but hey, any friend of Foalen's was a friend of hers.

Foalen
Foalen knelt down next to Takota to give the fox a good scratching behind his ears in greeting. The fox happily nuzzled the shaman's hand in return. He didn't know who these people where, but if they were with Foalen then he was sure they were ok.

When Foalen looked back up at his sister with a smile he gestured at the fox. "This is Takota, he was found not far from the village his leg caught in a bear trap. With the help of some soquili I managed to find and heal him and he decided to stay with me even after he healed."

Giving the fox another scratch he bent down so he was more on the foxes level. "This is my sister Talasi and her friend Tuwa. I hope you will help to make them comfortable in their new home."

The fox gave a yip since it seemed to be expected of him as he glanced at the human sitting on the painted mare and the wolf near by.

"How do you do." He said polightly with an incline of his head making a neat little bow as he lowered one forleg to the ground. The wolf smelled strongly of dust and mud and Takota nearly sneezed after his first sniff. "You have travled a long way, I doubt you know any of the game trails around here. If you are not to weary I would be happy to show you around while the twoleggers get themselves settled."

Ayita stood silently waiting while the twolegger's chatted. She didn't mind the wait, Talasi's fingers were soft and gentle and she was enjoying the young woman's touch

Naeva

Talasi continued to stroke Ayita's soft fur. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Takota." Her gaze returned to her brother. "He's adorable! I'm glad you could help him."

Tuwa considered the little fox's offer for a moment. She had to know if Talasi would be OK to leave; the young woman seemed a little shell-shocked from all that had happened. The rust-furred wolf leaned up and licked the toes on Talasi's left foot, causing her to twitch and giggle. Yep, Talasi was recovering. She'd be fine for a few hours.

"I'm not tired, and I think it might be best to give them some time to settle without me, at least, underfoot." The larger canine smiled. "You wouldn't be in the way, slip of a thing that you are, but they'd be tripping over me constantly. I'd love to go run with you for awhile."

Foalen

Foalen nodded as he glanced down at the little brown fox. "Yes, I'm glad his wounds weren't so bad that he couldn't be helped. The trap was hard with metal teeth. Thankfully, I think it was meant for a much larger creature like a bear so it fit poorly on Takota and he was able to escape it without too much damage."

Shifting his feet the shaman raised lifted his head to look back up at his sister once more. "He was a little shy about going out hunting on his own after it happened, but he's gotten bolder with ever day and now he goes out by himself all the time."

"Exellent." Takota smiled his ears and tail lifting with enthusiasim. He had pretty much hunted solo ever since he had been seperated from his family and it would be fun to hunt with someone else for once. Foalen had come with him a number of times. But the shaman wasn't as adept at hunting as the lovely red wolf would be.

"What would be your pleasure?" The small brown fox asked looking up at the much taller Tuwa, " I know of several good places to hunt. There are always pleanty of mice, squreals, and rabbits to be found. But if your in the mood for something a little more out of the ordinary I scented a family of quail this morning. If we are lucky they might still be around if you're in the mood for something feathered. Oh and if you like fish, there is a low spot in the river I would be glad to show you where fish are fairly easy to catch if you are paitent.

"We'll see you two when you get back then. Good hunting, friends." Nodding a fairwell to the wolf and fox Ayita wickered to alert the twoleggers that she was going to move. Very slowly she started to walk again working her way up to the teepee. She stopped near the entrance bending down on one knee to help aid Talasi in dismounting.

Foalen reached out a hand to help Talasi disembark from the painted mare's broad back.

Naeva
Talasi smiled and took Foalen's hand, slipping easily from Ayita's back. She turned and stroked the beautiful mare once all the way down her neck. "Thank you, Ayita. That would have been a very long walk with this headache."

Tuwa listened intently to her friend as they embarked down the trail. Her ears quirked at the mention of fish. "You catch fish? I thought only eagles and twolegs did that. How do you do it?"

Foalen
Ayita couldn't understand Talasi's words but the painted mare gently butted her soft downy nose against Talasi's chest wuffling with pleasure. She was happy to have been able to help this new member of her family. It would be good to have Talasi and Tuwa around, for while she knew that Foalen was happy with the new life he had found here near the outskirts of the Kiwani village there had always been a senese of lonelyness about the young shaman. Now Ayita had high hopes that her twolegged friend's sadness would be eased away in the healing only family can provide.

Takota nodded in response to Tuwa's question. "Fish isn't a prey we foxes would normaly go after. But we are nothing if not oppertuneists. When the water is low in the the most narrow parts of the river the fish sometimes have a hard time making it across the shallowest sections. If you know where and when to look you can find quite a feast in the river. As for technique, I normally pounce using my weight to stun the fish and cageing it at the same time with my legs so I can take the back of the head with my
jaws. Be careful of the teeth though. Some fish have very sharp teeth. The first time I tried fishing I wasn't sure wich of us was the prey." The little fox chuckled his eyes dancing at the memory. It hadn't been all that amusing at the time, but now I could laugh about it.

Naeva

Tuwa winced at the mental image the fox's statement provided. "I hope you didn't get bitten too badly. I got bit by a turtle once and my paw swelled up like a frog." Tuwa chuckled softly at the memory, which also hadn't been funny at the time. "I was sick for weeks. I'm lucky the Shaman found me and took me in; that's how I wound up with Talasi. She petted me for hours until I got better."

Foalen

"Ouch, that sounds awful." The fox shook his head sympatheticly. "I think perhaps I shall stay away from turtles in the future. They sound dangerous, besides from what I've heard, their shells are too hard to bite through even if you could keep them from biting back. There are some things it just isn't worth the trouble to hunt. Like porcupines." Takota shuttered recalling the days of his childhood when one of his littler mates had inadvertantly run across one of the prickly creatures. "Yes Porcupines are deffinatly not worth the effort it would take to catch them. "

The little brown fox made a face at the thought of event attempting such a venture. Then his features smoothed out and his eyes lit up. "Thankfully there is other prey that requires going through much less pain to catch."

Naeva
Tuwa grinned. "Indeed, like rabbits. Though they can sure bite if you're not careful. I'm curious about this fishing, though. My twoleg has shared some with me before, but they did that funny thing with the fire they insist upon. It tasted odd." The rust-colored wolf pulled a face and smacked a few times at the memory. "I can't help but think it'd taste better if they didn't do -that- with it first. Waste of perfectly good meat," she muttered. "I've never understood it."

Foalen
Ayita stood back watching with fond affection as Foalen stepped up next to his sister and gave her a warm hug.

"Mmm it's good to have you here." He murmered into her hair before stepping back to look at her face once more. " I've missed you."

The painted mare neighed pushing gently against Foalen's back to remind him of where they were and what was happening. "Ayita, what are you? Oh, what am I thinking? We shouldn be standing around like this when you've had a head injury. Come on inside and I'll see if I can find something to make your head feel a little better."

Naeva
Talasi leaned gratefully into Foalen's embrace. She still couldn't quite believe he was real. She didn't want to close her eyes at all for fear that he would disappear like a ghost when she opened them. His touch made him seem more permanent, though, like maybe this wasn't all a dream.

She blinked a little as Foalen rocked from Ayita's insistent push. "Oh! Yes, I'd appreciate that," she smiled up at her brother.

Foalen

Placing a kiss on the crown of her head, the young shaman smiled down at Talasi dirnking in her presence. She was a soothing balm to the lonelyness he was only now realizing becoming aware of. Oh he knew he missed his family, but the depth of healing his foster sister's sudden appearnce had brought was almost overwhelming in its intensity.

Turning so that he had a better hold on Talasi's waist he guided her into the teepee and helped her to sit upon a thick fur. Once he was certian she was comfortable he set about starting a fire to prepare the herbs he would
need.

Ayita followed the siblings to the tent, but she stayed outside peering into the door to watch what the two leggers inside were doing.

Naeva
Talasi sat with her arms propped up on her knees, her intelligent, dark eyes watching her foster brother work. She was familiar with the tasks he was performing, so she allowed her mind to wander.

She hadn't expected to find him like this, though if she'd been asked she couldn't have told what she had expected. Certainly getting rescued from a cave-in had never crossed her mind. And the Soquili! Such amazing creatures she had never beheld! She felt a pang of guilt at that thought, remembering her beloved Tuwa. Well, Tuwa wasn't a spirit, though.

Come to think of it, she still didn't know why Foalen had stayed here rather than coming home, and she suspected the Soquili might have something to do with it.

Just as Tuwa could not equal the splendor of the Soquili, Talasi knew that she was equally plain beside the magnificent Ayita. Even the bonds of friendship with a whole village might pale in comparison to these wondrous creatures, if those bonds were distant enough, and they were a long way from home...

She shook herself slightly and set aside that trail of thought for later. Ayita had been very kind, after all. Surely the Soquili hadn't meant to steal her brother. She cast an involuntary glance towards Ayita, watching from the door with her sweet brown eyes.

They might not have mattered in Foalen's decision at all, the young woman chided herself, embarrassed at her jealous thoughts. What if this new village he'd found had badly needed a healer? Of course he would have stayed to help. She'd just have to wait and find out.

Foalen
Foalen watched as a mirid of expressions flashed across Talasi's face. This must be as much a shock to her as it was for him. Even though finding him was her reason for leaving their home village in the first place. Reciently events had been happening quickly and without much time to consider everything that had happened and what the effects of those events both reciently and in the past might have been.

As he busied himself with some ointment for her wounds the shaman decided to fill the silence. "So many things have happened since we were together last. Your probably wondering why never returned to our village, yes?

Sighing softly with a wistful expression he looked down at his hands as he kneeded the herbs."Part of the reason I didn't return was the quest I was given. I was told to seek a dream that would tell me where I should be and then return to tell it before the Shaman. I always thought the dream would be one of me returning home to you and everyone else. I believed so strongly in fact that I didn't recognize the true dreaming when it came."

Looking up at Talasi he smiled at his own foolishness. "I was being chidish and nieve living in denial. Part of me thought perhaps our foster father wished me not to take the shaman's path at all, dispite the fact that I felt called to that path. So I stayed because I couldn't return until I had my dream. I did what I could to help the people of the village all the while telling them that I was not a full shaman. Dispite that self admission more and more of the villagers began turning to me for help and advice on spiritual matters. After a while I came to realize it mattered little what I called myself. If I walk the path of the shaman and others come look upon me as such then that is what I am."

Folding the poltice of crushed herbs onto the injury he smoothed the cloth with long tender fingers. "When I made that realization a second soon followed the first. If I am a shaman dispite my fears then what of my dream. I carefully considered all I had seen and done since I came here then, and gradually it became clear that a vision had come to me but I didn't have eyes to see it until I was ready to aknowlage it and what it would mean to me and every one close to me."

He looked up at Talasi with a sadness in his dark eyes. "I had become a shaman and depended upon by the people of this village. I couldn't sherk the duity I had to them to follow my own personal desires. I wanted to leave here if only to send a message back, but I couldn't dare leave for so long. But it wasn't because I didn't want to return. I've missed everyone terribly. There is much I'd like to talk about with out father. Not the least of wich is the soquili. Can you imagin his reaction to them?"

Naeva
Talasi had to laugh at that. "No, I can't, but I'm sure it'd be spectacular."

She reached out and touched her brother's shoulder gently, a soft relieved smile touching her face. "I... think I understand why you never came home. I missed you so much, I just couldn't continue not knowing what had happened to you, if you were all right..." The young woman swallowed tears and anything else she might have said, as she didn't trust her voice not to break. What a fool she was, barging into this new life he'd created here! But what she had said was true. She'd needed to know. Now that she did though, what was she to do?

Foalen
Reaching out Foalen pulled Talasi into his arms and gave her a feirce hug,, running his fingers through her hair in a comforting motion. "Oh Talasi don't be sad. You didn't do anyting wrong. If I had been in your place I would have done the very same thing. I am gald you came to find me. You kept me from having to face a choice between seeing you and having to leave here and I am more greatful for that then you can know."

Brushing her cheek with his hand Foalen pulled away far enough to smile down at his foster sister. "Besides we are family. Anywhere I go there is and always has been a place for you by my side should you want it. Feel free to stay here with me as long as you would like to. Or at the very least stay until you get your feet under you and can make a more informed decsion about what you want to do next. The village is a wonderful place I know they will welcome you as warmly as they have me. "

Naeva

"Thanks, brother," Talasi smiled tiredly. "It's been a long road, I think I would like to stay here at least for a little bit." She tilted her head to one side. "Speaking of the village, are there a lot of Soquili?"

Foalen
"Oh yes," Foalen nodded giving Talasi a warm smile. "You'll be amazed at how many soquili they are. There are more than can be counted." His face sobered for a moment as he seemed to look through his sibling. "I don't mean to alarm you but please be cautious approching those soquili you have not yet met. Most of them would never think of harming another of their own kind or anyone else. But there are some who do not hold to such values. Though they generally do not come too near the village so if you stay in the village or nearby you shouldn't encounter to many of the darker more dangerous soquili."

Focusing again he sighed. "Its as father always said I'm afraid, where the light dwells there must be darkness also. We cannot have one without the other or the balance would be broken."

Naeva

Talasi's eyes widened at the chilling expression on her brother's face. "I... well... heavens. I'll just stay near the village and be careful, then." She offered what she hoped was a reassuring smile. She'd been known to misbehave back in their village (her presence here proved that she wouldn't necessarily listen to orders!) but the sweet-tempered Soquili were intimidating enough!

Foalen

Foalen made a face and then shook his head. "I don't mean to make it sound worse than it is. After all you grew up in a shaman's teepee too so I know you can recognize the danger signs for yourself. I just wanted to make sure you were aware that there might be some danger so you didn't wander into it unknowing. But truely I'm not to worried. You've got a good head on your shoulders. Though you look to be a bit sleepy at the moment. If your feeling up to it I could make us a little something to eat before we head to bed. Or if you'd rather you could just go to sleep now, though I would suggest eating a little something at the very least. It will help restore you after all the traveling you've done."

Naeva
Talasi nodded quietly. "I think I can stay awake long enough for some of your good cooking, but I don't think I'll be good for much else after." The young woman stifled a yawn, the coffee-and-cream of her skin wrinkling up around her nose like a snarling lion. "Hmmph! Sorry about that."

Foalen

Foalen laughed shaking his head at Talasi's appology. "Never mind, perhaps if you still wish to eat some bread and an apple shall serve as better than anything you'd have to wait for as tired as you are. Otherwise you are likely to fall asleep before you get a chance to eat anything."

The shaman leaned over to catch at basket filled with bread and another smaller one full of ripe red apples. We can always save the feast for tomorrow. In fact I know of several bushes of berries not far from here. I think we might pay them a visit tomorrow if you feel up to it."

Giving his sibling the oppertunity to eat should she so chose Foalen turned to another part of the teepee grabing up and unrolling a roll of furs he had kept especially in case he might have a guest and made a bed out of them near enough to the fire to give warmth, but far enough not to be in danger of stray sparks.

Naeva
Talasi, freed of the distraction of her foster brother, hungrily ate a chunk of bread and a few pieces of fruit. She curled up in the soft bed of furs and blankets that Foalen had set up for her, and was asleep in an instant. Her dreams were filled with wild wind and the thunder of hoofbeats.

Foalen

Smiling softly at Talasi as she snuggled down into the furs Foalen ate slowly and then quietly began to clean up their meal. It was like the end of any other day and yet it wasn't. Humming softly under his breath he thanked the spirits for their many gifts.

Settling down on his own pile of furs Foalen let himself slip down into dreams of wolves and of children running together in the wood under the watchful eye of their adopted father.

Something cold and wet brushed his face as the shaman opened his eyes squinting up into the morning light to see Takota's furry face. The fox cheerfully yipped a morning greeting. Not far behind him stood Talasi's wolf friend and Foalen gave a nod to both as he pushed himself up with a yawn and a streatch.

From the little tufts of rabbit fur that clung to his friend's warm brown coat and the distended bellies the shaman could tell that their four footed friend's outting had been successful. "I see the hunt went well." Foalen grinned giving the fox a scratch behind the ear. "I'm glad your here. Talasi is still asleep could you stay with her until I get back. It won't take me long to gather the berries they're not far from here and after the journy she had I want to let her sleep herself out.

Takota gave a soft bark and licked Foalen's hand as the shaman stood. Gathering up a basket for the berries he headed out the door knowing Talasi was well warded outside the teepee as well as inside for Ayita was standing just outside of the teepee and lifted her patricolored head at the sound of footsteps.

Pausing only to give the mare a welcomeing carress Foalen strode off to find the berry bush.

Naeva
Talasi woke slowly and gently to the familiar scents of a Shaman's home and the welcome warmth of the wolf Tuwa curled against her back. Blinking the last of her sleep from her dark eyes, the young woman stretched luxuriously, wincing only a little as the bruises she'd recieved from the mudslide pulled, reminding her of where she actually was. They felt much better today, and she suspected they'd be nearly unnoticeable by tomorrow.

Now that she was better rested and more alert, the girl examined her surroundings in more detail without rising from her soft nest of furs. She noted a few beautifully made pots- certainly not of Foalen's manufacture, she thought with a giggle. They were probably gifts from grateful tribespeople.

Scritching the silky-soft fur between Tuwa's pointed ears, Talasi contemplated where Foalen could be. She could hear the Soquili Ayita outside, shifting her weight comfortably every now and again. Takota was napping on Foalen's bedroll. Perhaps he'd gone to that berry bush he'd mentioned...

Rising fluidly to her feet, Talasi nudged Tuwa awake and off the furs, which she neatly bundled and put back more or less where they'd been the night before (she'd been so sleepy she couldn't quite remember where they belonged) and poked her head out of the front of the teepee to have a look around.

Foalen
Looking up from her grazing Ayita wuffled a greeting at Talasi, her brown and white ears swivling to chatch the sound of the young woman's movements as she quietly chewed the grass she had just cropped off.

The mare stiffened and stopped chewing suddenly to look over her shoulder at a new sound coming toward the teepee. She relaxed almost imeadiatly however and a few moments later Foalen became visable through the trees.

Foalen had a basket full of berries under one arm as he walked quickly along the trail back to his teepee returning just in time to see Talasi peeking out of the door flap. Grinning he lifted a hand in greeting "Good morning. I hope you slept well and are feeling up to a good meal. I've managed to find quite a lot of berries. Though I am sure Takota will be willing to help us with some of them. He adore's berries."

Naeva
Talasi grinned broadly at her brother. "Sounds like Tuwa with fresh-caught fish, doesn't it? Fresh berries sound delicious. If it's all right by you, I'd like to stay out here a minute, though, and enjoy the sunshine a little. It's been cloudy the last few days. And I haven't said good morning to Ayita yet."

Foalen

Ayita wickered a greeting to Foalen before turning back to Talasi. Stepping over to the young woman the mare nuzzled her and gently mouthed a small lock of Talasi's hair.

The shaman nodded in an easy going manner waving over toward a large log that had fallen a small distance from the teepee that would work well as a place to sit. "I'd love to eat outside today. Life is better when we take time to enjoy the gifts we are given weather simple or great. There's an old tree over there we can use to sit on if you like."

Naeva
Talasi's grin widened at Ayita's actions, and she reached up to stroke the beautiful mare's cheek and neck. "Hello, darling." "That would be wonderful. Then Ayita can have a treat too," the young woman added as she scritched Ayita behind the ears. Talasi turned back to her brother, her eyes sparkling. "It's such a beautiful day, it would be a shame to miss a moment!"

~To be continued~  

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:15 am
Quote:
"Heh yes water is very nice i have to agree on that~~ and i actually started the splashing game but i tought you didn't like things like that but i guess i was wrong "

Applejack shook her head so that the rainbow dorplets danced over her face like a gentle rain. Laughing she returned the stallion's splash. "I just didn't realize you were playing. I thought you had splashed that first time by accident. I don't mind playing in water, it's a lot of fun. On a warm day it's also very refreshing. Especially if you've been out climbing on rocks the way we have been."

Wisking her tail through the water she lifted it brining it down on her flank so that the cool water sprayed over her back wreathing her with tiny sparkling drops of liquid light. "I'm surprised you like water so much though. Your coloring is so cat like. And I didn't think cats liked water."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:44 am
Taroji raised an eyebrown didn't she realize he was playing? did she see him like that boring? no that couldn't be it she probably just missed it. He nodded to her warm comment it sure was hot so playing in the water was sure nice..

" Heh just because i look like a cat doesn't meen i am one "

He laughed and spashed some more water on her this time he tried to aim for her back he surley liked water so he wanted to proff that her toughts about him was wrong..

Hime

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:34 am
Applejack nodded in response and laughed as the water splashed up onto her back. Dancing away from Taroji the ornage mare dipped down with her head lifing a wave of water up into the air and nickkered as it rained down upon the stallion.

She was about to move away just in case Taroji retaliated when her left hind hoof hit a slippery spot and she suddenly found herself sitting in the watter. She gazed up at Toji in surprise for a moment before bursting out laughing.

"Opps, you might want to be careful of your footing it's rather slippery over here." Applejack shook out her mane wich was now quite wet from the splash she had made when she landed on her rear. Carefully placing her front hoves she pushed herself upright again.

As she did so she caught sight of a bush covered in plump red berries. "Oh say don't those look yummy." She called over to Taroji motioning to the bush with her nose. "care to have some berries with me?"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:15 am
Taroji took some splashing steps in the water they wasn't as pretty as Applejacks dance but he was gracious in all his moves anyway. He shoke his head when he felt those waterdrops landing on him and he sticked out his tounge towards her.

" Heh you silly girl that doesn't make me wet "

When Applejack siddenly sliped he looked a little shocked but she seemed fine when she laughed so he started to laugh a little too not to be mean but she looked rather goofy in the water on her bump.

" I noticed~~ you have to be careful our you brake something "

He turned his head towards the bush..those berries did look good but he was just curious of you could eat them or not?

" You are asking me out on a date? " he was ironic but he just had to joke with her..

Hime

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:49 am
The tangerine mare pranced a little smiling at Toroji. She hadn't really thought about what they were doing before but this was very much like a date. "We're already sort of on a date. Aren't we?" She asked in a clear bright voice.

"I mean we're alone in a beautiful place and I've had those kinds of berries before, they are very good. Try some you'll like them." Apple Jack trotted lightly over to the berry bush and snapped off a branch. Carrying it back she held it out so the cat like soquili could have some if he chose to. There faces were very close now and Applejack could smell Toroji's grass scented breath. wuffling encoragingly she stepped nearer to the handsome stallion her heart beating faster at his closeness. She dearly hoped he would accept the offering.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:20 am
He stopped and raised an eyebrown and started to think...where they on a date? he hadn't been thinking off that at all because he had never been on one maybe this was how it felt being with someone sweet in a beautiful place almost like magic.

" Oh..umm sort off i guess "

He didn't know what to say he sounded a little confused but he smiled warmly towards her and cleared his troat...when did it start feeling like this?

" Yesh! it's very beautiful but i was looking at you more then the area "

He said with a little lower voice and then walked up to the female. When there faces met he couldn't do much more then just looking at her with his strange orange/pink eyes he felt much warmer and his troat was almost dry now and he didn't take many breaths at all...then he bent down to try the berries..they tasted...tasted VERY yummy

" Heh they are just GREAT! "

Hime

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:37 pm
Applejack brightened when Taroji admitted that he was watching her more than the lovely forest all around them. So he did like her. At least a little bit. A warm tingling ran through the ornage mare's chest and she felt she might simply float away as light hearted as she was feeling. Her gaze positively glowed with happiness at his reaction to her gift.

"I'm so glad you like them. I was a little bit afraid that you might not. Everyone has diffrent tastes after all."
She babbled unable to stop herself due to the delight she was feeling simply beeing in Taroji's presence. "I'd like to do this with you again sometime. You're fun to be around. Looking up at her new friend Applejack suddenly realized that she didn't know very much about Taroji at all but she really wanted to learn more about the handsome stallion. Shyly she wondered if he might want to know more about her as well. "If you don't mind me askeing where do you normally stay? When you aren't out exploring that is."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:27 pm
~An Unexpected Visitor p.2~
(rp with Foalen, Naeva & Harperking)

Foalen
Ayita greatfully accepted the offering gently mouthing the berry with her lips so she wouldn't accidentily n** Talasi.

Takota yipped brightly doing tricks for his human friends in return for their treats.

Foalen managed to keep most of the berry juice off of his clothing as he ate his share of the berries glad to simply sit at enjoy his sister's company as well as the wether while she fed and played with their four footed friends. "Mmm they taste as good as they look."

Patting his stomach a gently the shaman sighed happily. "The water might be miserable to travle through but you have it right, the weather's been perfect for the plants in the area."

Pushing himself up off the log he knelt down to rub his hands off on some near by leaves. "Don't worry too much about the juice. The leaves will take away some of the stickyness. And the stream is on our way to the village. We can stop by to rinse off the rest on our way to the village."

Naeva

Talasi smiled and nodded, happily scrubbing her hands clean-ish on the leaves. Then Tuwa came up nuzzling for a last treat, wanting to lick the last of the sweet from Talasi's hands. Surprised by the sharp, clean, and very much green taste of the bruised leaves, Tuwa pulled a face and smacked, trying to clear the horrible taste from her mouth!

Laughing at her hapless lupine friend's antics, Talasi scruffled the canine behind her rust-furred ears and looked up at her brother. "That sounds great. I can't wait to see the village! Is it a big one?"

Foalen
Foalen smiled at Tuwa's reaction to the taste of the leaves and nodded in response to Talasi's quiestion, "Actually the village is fairly large. It didn't start out that way. It was much smaller when I first came here. But almost as if they were being called by the soquili many of those who have made the village their hom arrived shortly before or after the arrival of new soquili." Looking off into the forest for a moment he nodded thoughtfully. "Perhaps they were called at that."

Sensing that her friends were getting ready to go Ayita turned so she was facing the path and then she stopped to look back at the siblings lowring her shoulder in a clear invitation as she wickkered at Talasi and Foalen.

Naeva

Talasi looked shocked at Ayita's gesture. "She can't mean... But... Um..." She gave her brother a pleading look, as words seemed to have deserted her. Tuwa sat on Talasi's feet and looked from Ayita to Talasi to Foalen blankly. Finally, the bewildered wolf shrugged helplessly and said to Ayita, "I'm sorry, have no idea why she's acting like this. I guess she thinks you're too special to ride?"

Foalen

The painted mare looked down at the wolf her expression throughtful as she nodded in agreement. "Hmm, yes I can see that. Foalen reacted much the same way until he came to realize that I wanted the contact. I can not speak for others of my kind, but I enjoy being with and carrying Foalen and his friends. I'll just have to impress upon her that it is my choice."

Stepping toward Talasi Ayita lowered her long neck enough to give the young woman a quick nuzzle before turing back to stand where she had started.

Foalen made a soothing gesture with his hands. "It's ok you know. The soquili are as diffrent in personality as we are. Some actually enjoy being ridden as I have found Ayita does. I would never presume to ride a soquili without being invited to do so. But when such an offer is made would it not be rude to refuse such a gift?"

Naeva
Talasi just nodded sheepishly and stroked Ayita's shoulder by way of apology. "I'm sorry, Ayita. I didn't mean any insult. Thank you." Taking a step back, lips pursed slightly, Talasi tried to remember how she was meant to get on... She put a hand on Ayita's neck just in front of her withers, braced her other hand against Ayita's rump, and with a slightly awkward hop managed to land in close to the correct position. "Er, like this?" She asked, looking at Foalen.

Harperking
Foalen
Briar stood in the center of what had been a clamoring crowd minutes before, and heaved a deep, angry sigh. He was glad to have the water, and now he really just wanted somewhere safe to sleep, but everyone had vanished.

As near as the dizzy colt could figure, one of the twolegs had seen something it didn't like and had begun yelling and pointing. The rest of the twolegs had begun shouting something and waving their arms about and had run off with the other Soquili behind them, and he really had no idea why and was too tired to find out. He was even too exhausted to be scared of all the noise and newness, too weary even to think. Hopefully the dark-furred mare with the wings hadn't gone far. She seemed sweet, and rather reminded him of his mother.

At the thought of his missing mother, great tears began to slide from Briar's violet eyes, running down his chestnut nose to mingle with the remnants of his bowl of water. Finally and utterly spent, the little foal just curled up on the ground where he'd been standing and cried himself to sleep.

Harperking

Wambli stretched, her wings spread wide. With a shake and a little whinny for good measure she settled her feathers back into place as she folded her wings back against her withers. After the excitement of first finding the shaman's old friend and then having a lost foal wander into the village the mare had decided to spend the night in Anpo's tent, something she hadn't done in quite a while. It had been good to spend time with her human friend again and she vowed to spend more time with her in the future.

"I think I will go find Ayita and make sure they made it back ok," Wambli said to herself as she rambled down the path to the main village. She had left the group once the newcomer had gotten on her paint friend's back, knowing that Foalen would take over from there and make sure the woman would get back ok.

A little snore caught her attention and Wambli stopped, her soft ears swiveling around to catch the sound. Who would be snoring out here on the village's edge? The sound came again and she cautiously stepped forward, looking for the sound's maker. To her immense surprise she found a curled up, dusty bundle of brown fur asleep on the verge of the pathway. It was the foal from the night before!

The mothering instincts that were newly wakening in the wind mare came surging forward. Though her foals were still far from being born she couldn't help but feel a softness towards this lonely baby. A soft whicker came low in her throat, a comforting sound meant to both wake and reassure the youngling that he was not alone where he slept.

Naeva
The young foal's violet eyes flickered sleepily open at Wambli's gentle sound. Confused for a moment, Briar looked quickly around until he saw Wambli's gentle face. Smiling happily and wagging his poof of a tail, the foal struggled to his feet, favoring his wounded leg. "Hi, pretty lady! I hoped you'd come back!"

Harperking
The mare smiled at the youngster's obvious joy at seeing her.
"Good morning to you as well! We never did get introduced last night," she said as she walked over to him. "I am Wambli Zikala, most people simply call me Wambli though. How are you feeling this morning, my fine young adventurerer?"

Naeva
Still wagging his short tail, the colt pranced up to Wambli, careful of his injury. "I'm better, but it still hurts. I'm Briar!" he announced proudly. Suddenly, a thought occurred to him and he looked around uncertainly. "Um... where are we, anyway? I don't know where this is."

Harperking
Stifling a giggle at the site of the wagging tail, Wambli answered his question with due seriousness.
"This is the Kawani village. It is where soquili like us live with two-leggers, the humans." The dark mare thought for a moment, swishing her own long tail in an unconcious echo of the colt's. "If your leg is bothering you I know someone who may be able to help. He is a two legger, the shaman for the tribe. He's not as nice as my own, of course, but he is good at healing. And he usually has a treat or two around!"

Naeva
Kawani village? The little colt sounded out the name quietly to himself. He had never heard of such a place. But at the mention of treats, Briar's ears perked. "I like treats!" he nodded thoughtfully. His leg was so sore, though, that he didn't really have too much appetite. It was really distracting! But this sha-mun guy sounded like he could fix it.

Harperking
"I do, too, Briar. Why don't we go and find Foalen then and see if he has any for us. He had an injured friend of his who arrived yesterday as well so h should be near his tent. he has a soquili friend, too, a paint named Ayita who is my good friend." Wambli chattered amiably as she led the foal down th gentle path through the meadow to the village. She hoped that the shaman was indeed home, she could see the foal was favoring the injured leg and didn't want to have him travel too far on it.

Naeva
Briar was hopping along reasonably well on his three good legs, careful to keep his hurt foot high enough off the ground to avoid banging it on rocks. He happily followed Wambli down to the meadow; she seemed terribly sweet and kind. The mare's gentle banter kept Briar distracted from how much she reminded him of his own mother, though a sad, worried look did creep across his face at random moments.

Foalen

Ayita wuffled rubbing her face against Talasi's in acceptance of the appology. Not that she felt there was anything to be appologized for. Standing as still as she could to aid the mounting process.

Foalen nodded smiling gently. "Actually that's very good for only your second time. It took me a lot longer to figure out how to mount properly. Even with a friend from the village helping me. Though I'm not really suprised, you've always been a quick study. When she starts to move try to grip lightly with your knees as she moves, it will help you to keep your balance. As you probably noticed from yesterday's ride, soquili rides can be rather bouncy." Laughing softly he pointed toward a path leading away from the teepee. "So do you feel that your ready to see the village?"

Naeva
"See the village? Sure. I'm just afraid I'm going to fall!" The young woman said with a light laugh. "What do you think, Tuwa? Ready to meet some new people?"

In response, Tuwa raised up on her hind legs and touched Talasi's ankle with her very cold nose, prompting a squeak and twitch from the girl. "Gah! Yes, ok, fine we can go now," she giggled.

Resettling herself on Ayita (in closer to the correct position; it feels more stable to her), Talasi looked to her brother to lead them on.

Foalen
"All right, let's go." Smiling Foalen looked to the painted mare who glanced over her shoulder to be sure her rider was settled. Turning back to the path she started slowly forward at a gentel walk as the shaman fell in step alongside her. The brown fox Takota padded quietly at Foalen's feet as they travled through the trees and brush. The path before them evened out slowly widening into a proper trail winding a way toward the village they were on their way to visit.

After giving her a few moments to adjust to the soquili's gait Foalen looked up at his sister placing a hand on Ayita's neck. "Does it seem any easier today?"

Naeva

"A good bit, yes, but that may be because of this wide trail. Blazing a trail through the woods must've been hard on Ayita, and it certainly didn't make keeping my seat any easier!" The young woman laughed ruefully.

After a moment her eyes focused on the path ahead. "I wonder what the people here are like. Are they much different than home?"

Foalen

Foalen looked off into the distance as he considered his sister's question. "Well they are diffrent in some ways similar in others."

Relaizing that his reply wasn't all that helpful he added. "The diffrences are mostly small things like customs and clothing styles. In all the important ways they are no diffrent from our tribe. They are very accepting of the diffences of others too. Wich is a little unuseual, but I think it's because there are so many who have settled here from other places. I think perhaps it's the soquili that draw so many here. But whatever the reason for their coming once they arrive most who come stay on. I think you'll like it here. And perhaps one day you'll find yourself the guardian of a soquili yourself."

Naeva
Talasi looked at her brother in surprise. "What, me? But I don't know anything about them! How could I possibly take care of one? Oh, we must be getting close, I can see teepees."

Through the trees, one could begin to see the teepees at the edge of the village.

Foalen
"There are many things in life that we must learn as we go, you are strong detemand and hve a compasionate nature. Those are all exellent traits for a prospective guaridan. You took care of me and father when we were younger. Father is clever and wise, but he often forgets to consider more mundane matters as well as the spiritual."

Looking around he gestured toward the wolf that was following them. "Besides look at Tuwa, you've made a strong friendship with her. Bonding with a soquili isn't that much diffrent than the relationship you already share with her. You can on teach without being taught. Indeed I sometimes wonder if I am Ayita's guaridan or if she hasn't become mine at some point along the path."

The painted mare shook her head at his words her warm amber eyes bright as if she had undstood and agreed with his words.

Naeva
Talasi laughed softly and leaned forward (carefully!) to scratch Ayita between her soft brown ears. "You always were a persuasive speaker, brother. Perhaps you are right. I understand what you say about Ayita, though, I often wonder myself about Tuwa and whether I'm her keeper or if she is mine, and I think that's how it should be." The young woman squinted. "Look, Foalen, do you know those Soquili?" She pointed ahead to a dark-colored adult and a small brown foal that were walking slowly up the path towards them. The foal seemed to be limping.

Down the path, Briar looked up at Wambli, suddenly frightened. "Wait, who are they? There, coming up the path..."

Harperking
Wambli looked ahead on the path and gave a whicker of welcome.
"Don't worry, Briar! Those are the people I was telling you about. The soquili is Ayita and the human beside her is Foalen the shaman. I am glad to see the other one is up and around! She must not have been hurt too badly!"

Naeva
Briar looked up at her with wide, violet eyes. "She got hurt too? So they're nice?" Without waiting for an answer, the little colt scampered ahead as best he could on three legs, immediately curious of the strangers now that he had been reasurred they were safe.

"Foalen, is that little one limping? I can't quite see, they're still a ways off," Talasi asked

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:40 am
Danger in the herd

Ayita rested in the grass watching it bend at the wind's whim taking in the comforting scent of the herd around her. After what had happened in the village it felt good to have her family around her. Not that she was certian she would be proof against the darkness that had come over the village. But there was something comforting in having the ones you care for within shouting distance.

Feeling the need to move Ayita stood streaching her long mottled legs before pushing herself up off of the ground. Shaking the debries out of her tri colored coat the mare trotted lightly down the slight enbankment she had chosen for her resting spot making for the clearing where the herd tended to gather.

Neighing a greeting Ayita glanced around to trying to see where her children and mate were among the rest of the herd. They had wandered away from her resting spot while she napped and while she trusted them to be safe within the herd she couldn't help but wanting to at least see for herself that they were well.

When she caught sight of them she wuffled contentedly.

The plains were quiet save for the soft sigh of the evening breeze as it sang its way over the deep expanse of green. So when a twig snapped somewhere in the vicinity of the low laying brush to the far edge of the heard's current grazing spot the sound carried startling small birds out of the tall grasses.

All sound stopped abruptly as if the wind itself where holding it's breath though if one looked closely at the brush a slight movent could be seen within the leaves.

Abruptly the painted mare fell silent whirling around in the direction the sound had come from. The dark brown eyes seeking anything anything out of the ordinary as she strained to hear the smallest noise.

Catching sight of the moving branches Ayita stepped forard brining one fore hoof down with a thud in warning. Not that the herd really needed to be told to be wary, for the sound had most likely startled most of the adults in the near vicinity anyway.

As quietly as she could Ayita slowly approched the low laying bushes that were only now settling into stillness her nostrals flareing in order to catch any scent wich might be present. Unforchinatly whatever it was, it's scent was being masked by the loamy smell of earth and plants all around it. The hedge was short about half the hight of a full grown twolegger so it couldn't have been a bear or other really large preditor. Though she couldn't rule out it being a fox, wolf or some other smaller four footed preditor.

After what had happned in the village Ayita was a little paranoid perhaps but she wanted her family to stay safe. Still a good distance away from the bush since she had started off on the other side of the valley Ayita stilled when she heard another sound issuing from the bushes. This time a low growl.

Keeping her ears trained on the vegitation the mare looked around to see who was near by and what their reaction to the crisis might be.

The growl deepened drawing the painted mare's deep brown eyes back to brush that was now vibrating slightly as if something from within was trembeling. Weather it was with fear or anger Ayita did not know. All that filled her mind was images of the distruction that had been wreaked upon the village and the innocent soquili who lived there. Was it possible that the creature hiding itself in the bushes before her was of the same ilk that had brought such greif to the village?

It was still daylight, the sun not having slipped down beneath the horrizon yet so it was unlikely that the creature she faces was a skinwalker. All the same it could still prove dangerous if not handled properly. Ayita made a quick desicion choosing to stay where she was just in case the animal decided to attack. Someone needed to hold off the preditor long enough for the others to flee. She neighed calling to those around her to move away from the area and regroup at a safe distance taking the younger members of the herd to safty.

The bushes thrashed at the sound of Ayita's voice, but the creature refused to leave the greenery. This seemed odd to the mare, still there was no reason to question good fortune.

Taking a quick glance behind her Ayita let out a sigh of relief. The situation was still tenuous, but at least those around her were aware of the problem the older wiser soquili would be keeping close watch on the younger members of the herd. Ayita was the closest to the growling bush and she had no desire to get any closer. Had she been a stallion perhaps she would have charged the hidden creature hoping to drive it away from her family. As it was she chose to stand her ground moving neither forward or back all her senses trained on the foliage in front of her paitently waiting for the creature to make it's next move.

Slowly the growl lessened in intensity until the sound stopped all together. Still Ayita waited knowing that whatever had threatened the herd was still present. Though she felt no need to attack or drive it back if it was content to stay where it was. Shifting her legs Ayita watched as the sun slowly set and darkness decended upon the herd's lands. She was aware of the increased danger that the lack of light would bring and stepped closer to the brush one angonizingly slow step at a time.

As soon as she saw movement among the leaves she paused once more and continued her vigial. She would stand guard all night if need be, but she did not want to force the creature into a confrontation. The more she waited watching the more she suspected that this was not the same threat the village had faced. The mare didn't know what it was or why it sought refuge there, but she could tell by the sounds it had made that there was only one creature hidding in the greenery. If they waited perhaps it would just go away.

The painted mare's gaze did not waver dispite the soft sound of hooves thudding the ground nearby. She did look over however when the warmth of another raidiated over to her and smiled as she recognized the young chestnut mare who had come to join her.

"I thought you could use some comany." Rose wuffled softly under her breath not wanting to disturb whatever was in the bush since it was being quiet for now.

Ayita gave her daughter a quick affectionate nuzzle though she never quite took all of her attention away from the vegitation. "Thank you dear heart, it's apprechiated. It was getting a little lonely."

Rose felt warm with pride glad that her mother hadn't sent her away the way she would have done when she was a foal. It showed that the elder mare trusted her to look after herself. "Don't worry about the herd. The others are safe."

The painted mare gave her daughter a nod. "I wasn't worried Cyrus will protect the herd at all costs. Though doubt that this is one such threat."

"It hasn't moved for hours has it?" Rose asked swinging her attention back to the greenery.

"No and that's odd. If I had to guess it's some sort of injured animal. I'm pretty sure it's a preditor by the way it was growling before. But what it is and how badly it's wounded I can't say." Ayita shook her head slightly trying not to move too much.

"If it's wounded perhaps we should see if we can help it." Rose suggested wondering why her mother hadn't already done so.

"If it's wounded and we don't know that it is, it will be unpredictable. I thought it best not to try and to approch it two closely on my own. Always be cautious when dealing with a possible unknown asalient. Besides after what happened in the village im a little paranoid. Though I've pretty much decided that this isn't the same thing that was attacking the village. It doesn't have the same behavior at all to be a skinwalker. So I'm willing to try and talk to the creature if you'll back me up. But lets wait until morning's light. I want to see what we're talking to before we get too close."

Her mother's words made sense and Rose nodded as she turned to watch the bush once more wondering what might be inside.

Rose grew sleepy as she stood the long watch next to her painted dam occasionally finding herself drifting off she would wake with a start and glance sheepishly over at her mother who gave her a gentle look filled with love and amusment.

"Does time go slower when we are waiting do you think?" She asked and then blushed in embarrasment when she realized how foalish the question sounded.

The older mare didn't seem to be bothered by her querry at all and simply shook her head quietly. "No it only seems that way because you are paying attention to the passing of time. When you consentrate on other things time will seem to go faster."

The chestnut mare sighed, looking once again at the unmoving bush. "But surely it's safe by now."

"Perhaps," Ayita addmitted slowly, "but I'd still rather err on the side of caution."

"At least it's nearly morning, we should have light soon and then hopefully the waiting will be over. Rose grumbled impatently.

The older mare gave her daughter long look before turning back to the task at hand hoping with all her heart that Rose wouldn't have to learn the lesson of paitence the hard and often painful way.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:47 pm
He smiled when he shewed the berries he had no idea what it was but they where good maybe he found find berries like this some other time in the forest areas but that would probably remind him off Applejack but he had no problem with that at all it was more the oppostite.

" heh adn yes i like them...we seems to have many things in common you know that "

He laughed and puffed her nose gently with his nose. Sure it felt a little weird being near a female like this but also very good Applejack was special even more special then his friends there he lived but this female made him feel happy in another way..

" Oh well i don't live that far from here actually...it's in a forest near a big lake, i live there with my human friend Bhavesh and a purple little winged and horned soquili baby named Moir...heh she is really grumpy "

Hime

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:58 am
Applejack smiled as she listened to Taroji talk about his home and friends. "Wow she must be special if she has a horn and wings. I hear that sort of soquili is rare. I've never met one myself. But I wonder why she's so grumpy. I feel kind of sad for her. I don't think it would be fun to be grumpy all the time. No one likes being around you if your in a bad mood. I think it would be a little lonely. And I know being lonely is not fun at all. I don't really have anyone I say with, I've pretty much lived on my own ever since I can remember. Though I have met some nice soquil since I've been here." The ornage mare's eyes sparkled as she looked up at Taroji.

"Your home sounds beautiful. I would love to see it some time."

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces