Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
'True anime fans' would support the industry! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you going to watch the Greg Ayres and/or the Nabeshin panel's?
  Yes.
View Results

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:51 am
Fieldartman
YennonCrow
actually, I've yet to hear of a site that has legitamitely free manga... >.< if you find any, let me know and I'll list them heart

www.onemanga.com, Thats where I go for all my manga needs
It is not legit. They're 'scanlations'. Bluntly meaning they took it right out of the magazine, scanned it, translated it, and put it on the web.

>.< no offense, but I thought those in the military would be highly against stealing.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:45 am
See that statement, I take offence to. See we might all be stealing out here. We have shops out here that sell bootleg everything. From Anime too Movies to TV shows just for the plain fact for us soldiers too survive. It's hard out here just doing our job and sleeping. People need that bit of distraction too go on with there day. To keep sane in this war. So it may be steeling. Or he we may download our own s**t. But were here fighting in a war that many of us, are tired of doing each and every day. No breaks. Little sleep. We don't need people judging us because they don't understand. Its like I tell people there is always two sides too a story. And if I wasn't so tired right now, I would give you an example. But I'll leave that for later.  

Fieldartman

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:07 am
You do not need to steal to watch TV. There are legit web-sites that let you watch shows via the internet for free (Hulu.com). So you have no excuse. You're stealing from the movie, television, and anime industries. And possibly more. What else do you steal? Music? Games?

And I don't want to hear about the 'war'. Take THAT to another thread, please. Using the war to justify your blatant theft is just disgusting talk2hand  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:56 pm
Bump  

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:32 pm
User Image
I have a site that I watch One Piece on ._.

One Piece

Is it legit? or not legit User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

@ Field - hun dont make trouble we know that people sell bootlegged stuff everywhere but you dont need to drag the war into the thread =/
Love is in the AirUser Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:16 am
YennonCrow
You do not need to steal to watch TV. There are legit web-sites that let you watch shows via the internet for free (Hulu.com). So you have no excuse. You're stealing from the movie, television, and anime industries. And possibly more. What else do you steal? Music? Games?

And I don't want to hear about the 'war'. Take THAT to another thread, please. Using the war to justify your blatant theft is just disgusting talk2hand

Sorry if I drag war into this, It's my life and it something I take too heart. Rules also suck out here, Can't watch TV on those websites rom where were at. Like ABC or CW. I have shows I like on them and on the states I would seethem on there but here it's blocked from the internet serice. SOmething abou not being in the USA  

Fieldartman

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:53 am
I knew a guy who was in Iraq too. He had it hard, but he never brought up. He knew he would be a Debbie Downer if he did. He mostly remained positive, and I respect him for that.

No more bringing Iraq into my thread. Its just another excuse.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:58 am
ancantsia
User Image
I have a site that I watch One Piece on ._.

One Piece

Is it legit? or not legit User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

@ Field - hun dont make trouble we know that people sell bootlegged stuff everywhere but you dont need to drag the war into the thread =/
>.< noooooo, its not I'm afraid, lol! BUT, I believe FUNimation does it legitimately off their web-site. But like Fieldartman here, you may have trouble with trying to watch them. (And they do give you a choice to watch subbed or dubbed. And with some shows they sub them right after the air in Japan)  

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:55 pm
User Image
Yeah sometimes you gotta go through a proxy as they dont let you watch them in some countries User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Oh well I will continue to watch them from that site xd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:28 pm
Naughty Kimmy rolleyes  

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

Eltanin Sadachbia

Fashionable Nerd

9,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:18 am
WOW!

I was really starting to respect your thread until you started dissing on the vet.

I agree that people should buy anime and save it in the USA. But the guy wouldn't be contributing to saving it in the USA if his dollars aren't being spent here.

I'm not saying that it isn't stealing, but you don't have to treat him like crap either!

It seems to me like you were promoting US buyer loyalty, and if that is the only way to find out about something then I say "GO FOR IT!"

If he likes it, he'll get a quality legal version when he gets home anyway.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:00 am
User Image
Omg Saw the new Studio Ghibli film Ponyo - Its awesome!

Also Grave of Fireflies...I cried crying
Even the smallest feline is a masterpieceUser Image

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:49 am
Eltanin Sadachbia
WOW!

I was really starting to respect your thread until you started dissing on the vet.

I agree that people should buy anime and save it in the USA. But the guy wouldn't be contributing to saving it in the USA if his dollars aren't being spent here.

I'm not saying that it isn't stealing, but you don't have to treat him like crap either!

It seems to me like you were promoting US buyer loyalty, and if that is the only way to find out about something then I say "GO FOR IT!"

If he likes it, he'll get a quality legal version when he gets home anyway.
WOW!!!

... Don't care what you think rolleyes I didn't break the ToS, so I'm fine. You can think however you wish of me. Don't. Care.

Kimmy - I've actually never seen a Studio Ghibli film >.< When I want to watch anime, I usually go for a series. But everyone says they're really good, I know! lol. Someday I'll get around to it.

Oh wait, I recall reading a review by someone who saw Ponyo... they gave it a terrible rating :/ not that I believe them. Many of my favorite animes have gotten unfair ratings.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:48 am
User Image
Studio Ghibli movies

Howls Moving Castle
Ponyo
My Neighbour Totoro
Kiki's Delivery Service
Nausicca of the Valley of the Winds
Spirited away
Grave of Fireflies
Tales from Earthsea

I Highly recomend them all!!