Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Teepees
[IC] =Mikani and Kanika's Teepee= Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:39 pm
Rikka shook her head. "No, this one just seems to listen to me." The snowbird smiled, standing still as her son nuzzled her. "Likewise, my son." She said quietly, enjoying the small nuzzle, returning it before backing away from the stallion, eyeing his tall form. "You've grown...a lot." She grinned, circling the lighter blue soquili. "Anything new happening with you?"  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:01 pm
[["Crash Landings" Fledge/Rikka ]]

Quote:
Another day, another day, another day. That's just all the went by here in the soquili valley. Every day, Rikka would fly towards the river, sideswipe across the forest then head to the waterfall. Why..? Probably to look for Intrepid, but she knew better than to keep with him. Sure, she still adored him, but there was this fine line between adoration and hate. The fearless stud was just on that borderline.

The snow pelted female could be found near the beach at the moment, enjoying the soft breeze that tasted like salt. You couldn't find these 'natural' air in the mountains.

"Wha-lookout!!"

The scream, sounding slightly panicked, breaks through the tranquility of the day, clashing with the harmonic swish of waves against the shoreline. A fuzzy little ball of flecked gold and brown and yellow, complete with an impression of legs, lots of them, is hurtling straight at Rikka, as if whatever it was had temporarily lost control of it's own nervous system.

The scream instantly caused teh snowbird to look up, allowing only seconds to pass before she through her front legs down, using her hind quarters to take off into a light hover in the sky, so the small colt wouldn't crash into her. Her head tilted, the blue feathered wings flapping gently in the wind, as she watched the browning colt with curiousity. "You okay?" The blue mare chirped, shifting her wings to slowly lower herself to the ground.

Fortunately, he misses her; and crash-lands, not into the soft dry sand further up the bank, but right into the shallows of the ocean, The little colt comes up coughing saltwater and gritty sand, struggling gamely against the tide. He manages to struggle his way up onto the wet part of the bank, and reorganizes his limbs so he can get to all fours, his legs wobbling unsteadily, his gaze dazed.

Seaweed drips from his mane, and shells and sand are littered all about his rather pathetic-looking form. The winged colt's gaze suddenly focus on Rikka, and he has the grace to look mildly abashed. "Uh, sorry about that. I was, um - you see, that is...I was being...er...chased."

The soquili mare quickly stepped into the ocean seeing the colt crash into the water. Wings plus water were not a good mix she had found out a while ago. As he moved out of the sea, she looked at him with another curious gaze. "It's no problem. Just as long as you are okay." The mountain snowbird commented, looking over Fledge to make sure he wasn't injured at all.

"Being chased?" Rikka gasped. "By what?!" Her cyan gaze looked around quickly, ready to nudge the young stallion to bolt if something dangerous was heading their way.

His ego might be a bit sore, and he's a bit bruised and battered all around, but other than that, he looks alright. He morosely tries to shake the water from his wings, with limited success.

"Oh...a griffin," the colt fibs, glancing briefly up at the sky. "It was after my jewel." He gives his tail a little flick, sending specks of water everywhere. "But I think I outflew it," he finishes smugly, puffing up.

"A griffin? Really?!" She wasn't serious...was she?! A griffin? Those weren't real...were they? "What did it look like? I've never really seen a griffin before!" The adult mare swooned. "My mum told me stories when I was young. Though they seemed like childish folklores then, if you were being CHASED by one, they must've been true!" Rikka giggled. "Did it come from that direction?" The blue mare asked, pointing towards the direction Fledge had come from. "Perhaps we can go find it (though, keep a safe distance you know?)" She giggled.

"A jewel? Can I see?" Rikka like a five year old child stuck in an adult body. "Is it pretty?" Her eyes widened slightly. "You can FLY now? I envy you" She chirped. "I wasn't able to fly until my wings grew larger." She gonked, sidestepping slightly to avoid being hit by the water. "I'm Rikka!" She introduced with a giggle. "And you are?"

As he's attempting to dry off, he peeks at the female in vague surprise. He hadn't thought she'd actually believe him. Adults rarely did, which made them among the more boring creatures of the earth. No imagination whatsoever. They had intelligence, but no creativity, which made Fledge scornfully believe they were a step or two above snails on the evolutionary ladder.

But he nods at her question. "Yeah...it were a big one, too. Dark brown, more like a hawk than anything." He wrinkles his nose. "We can try to go look for it, but they're magic, doncha know. Probably disappeared, maybe for reinforcements. They live in packs, you know," he finishes helpfully.

But he brightens at the second question, and turns his head around to carefully look inbetween the pinions of his feathers. Grasping something with his teeth, he carefully brings out something which catches the light and sends it back threefold, but black: a shard of obsideon, where Fledge found goodness knows where. He proudly deposits it in front of him. "That's it, there." The colt tries to look modest at the praise: in reality, he can fly, but it's not anything incredibly...impressive. Crash landings are indeed the order of the day.

"Oh, I'm Fledge," he says, rubbing his nose against a foreleg. The nose comes up muddy, but he doesn't seem to notice too much. In fact, he looks like a proper little hellion: all mud and dirt and scruff.

Unfortantly for Rikka, (but perhaps fortunantly for the little winged boy) she wasn't exactly the brightest bulb in the box. Easily influenced she was, which could prove harmful in the long run for the blue soquili. But Rikka was just enjoying life and being herself. There was no need to act a certain way around others. She was herself, and nothing more.

The soquili stared in awe. "Really? I've seen a hawk before, they're really small. I've always wonder how they can be what they are. Do you think they have a mix of the two animals in them? I was talking to this other stallion the other day, and we got onto the conversation about how some soquili have wings, but some do not. Bird blood runs through our veins!" She chirped.

"Aww they live in packs?" She didn't want to look for something that had the opportunity to chase her, especially if there were more than one.

"OH WOW!" The adult stared wideeyed at the piece of obsidian rock. "Where did you find this? It's beautiful!" Rikka nudged the rock, liking the glint the sun gave from it.

"Nice to meet you Fledge!"

Birds? He certainly wasn't related to no bird! Although at least she was thinking a bit more than most would...but still, insects had wings, too. He certainly wasn't an insect, either. But it's not something he can easily verbalize, so he just leaves it alone for now.

"Naw, they're just demons," he says, warming to his story-telling abilities (or, to be more precise, lying abilities). "They ain't really hawks or eagels or mountain lions. They just chose those creatures 'cause they're great predators, and...well, they want to be able to fly, it helps them to swoop down on their prey. But they're just demons. Which makes them hard to get rid of, of course, but if you're fast, you can outrun the dam - er, things." He has an instinctive feeling that swearing around the older female would not be particularly welcome.

He bobs his head, his mane flying up and down (along with droplets of water and flecks of sand). "Oh, aye. Big swarms, really. They go out hunting with them, too. They're like wolves, they are. That's one of the other predators they borrow stuff from."

Fledge grins at the praise for his rock. "Oh - I stole it from some evil soquili."

True, insects also had wings, but birds had /feather/ wings, a good characteristics I might say so myself.

"Demons?" She blinked. Those were bad creatures...weren't they? "Then we shouldn't go look for them if they are a mighty predator. And..if they are really big, they probably can catch a soquili in it's large talons, right?" By the looks of it, Rikka should be the filly and Fledge should be the grown stallion; after all, the snowbird happened to fall for everything the brownish colt had said to her.

"I can't run fast...I can fly fast though!" She admitted, her wings twitching. The blue toned ears flicked backwards, not really appreciating the curse word the boy had said, but then again, she wouldn't scold him. Rikka wasn't his mother.

"We should go then...Just incase they want to come after you. You sure you didn't take the rock from one of them?" What if he had, and the griffins were after him then?! She'd be guilty of association with Fledge! Oh no.

"You STOLE it?!" She said, shocked. "That wasn't very nice of you. How did you know the soquili you took it from was evil?"

"That's why you gotta be quick," the colt says patiently. "Otherwise they'll rip you to bits. One of their favorite foods is fresh soquili. But they're also scared of us, 'cause there's a lot less of them than us altogether, they're dying out, it's how come you don't see them much. They're afraid we'll gang together and come after them, see. And then there's the phoenixes...but I won't go into that."

A spasm of envy darts across Fledge's features as Rikka flaunts her wings, almost too quick to be seen. In reality, he's quite sick of being 'grounded.' Someday, his wings will be that big...well, bigger. Because his will be the best.

He carefully picks up the shard and tucks it back into his pinions, before giving the ice mare a nod. "Good idea, they'll be more attracted by the two of us, and you stick out an awful lot you know. We can go to your place!" He finishes cheerfully, tail swishing again.

But at the sudden gasp, he rolls his eyes skyward, as if seeking patience. "'Cause they was robbers, they stole it from somebeast else in the first place! I weren't born yesterday, Rikka," he says, stamping a forefoot to the ground. "I knows good soquili and bad soquili when I see 'em."

The snowbird shuddered at the thought. "Eww, that must be awful for the poor soquili they manage to catch." Rikka gonked. The soquili thought for a moment, "that is a good reason why we don't see them around...Perhaps you were chased by one of the remaining members!" Oh, Rikka hoped that. She didn't want to be ripped to shreds by a griffin!

The blue mare frowned. "I'm from the mountains where it snows all the time. That's why I stick out so much here," She stuck out her tongue, a rather immature action of the adult. "..My place?" Her cyan gaze flickered towards the mountains of the north. "Think you can make it there?" She pointed towards the snowy banks in which her small cave resided.

"Oh...Sorry I didn't know. Am I a good soquili in your eyes?" Her eyes sparkled at the question. What if Fledge saw her as a bad soquili? She didn't want to be a bad soquili in the eyes of another!

He nods, quite serious, his overactive imagination all too quickly giving him vivid mental images of what it would be like. Briefly, he looks quite queasy.

As she points, dismay washes over him. Of course - she's a wind soquili, she wouldn't live in some dodgy little cavern in a valley. He gulps, then rallies himself. "Oh, er...I don't think so. My wings are still wet, I wouldn't make it at all, you know? You, uh, go on ahead, and I'll just find someplace around here to kip for the night."

The last question takes him completely offguard, and he flushes, ears flopping about on his head. "Oh," he blusters, looking vaguely alarmed. "Er, yes, I wouldn't be talking with you like this if you weren't, would I?"

He blinks as he realizes something. "If you don't like it there, why don't you move?"

"Oh right...You crashed into the ocean. Wet wings are the worst you know?" Rikka stated. "Whenever I go into water, keeping them slightly above the water, just like they were floating." The snowbird stated. "Then again... I don't think you really had a choice by the way you entered the water," She meant the comment as a joke. "But when you get older, I'm sure you'll have better landings." She grinned.

"Hmm?" She blinked, looking down at the colt. "Where are your parents? Do you have somewhere to stay for the night?" Aww and these would be the maternal instincts kicking in for the snowbird. "I don't want to leave you here all by yourself, especially with the possibilities of griffins after you!"

"Yay! I feel special! I don't like others thinking me of a bad soquili...it'll make me wonder what I did wrong." She told him, ears perking forward at his last comment.

"Oh, it's not that I don't like it there. I was born and raised up there, so it's hard to leave. I come down here more and more to see my 'grounded' daughter as well as my son."

-tbc-  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:22 pm
[["Intrepid...It's been awhile" Rikka/Intrepid]]

Quote:
Intrepid stretched a little as he walked, shaking out his mane as a playful wind passed by. The wind was just starting to sink past the horizon, and night would be cool and pleasent. The perfect time for long walks, in his opinion.

It had been about a week since the wind soquili mare had left Anubis for a bit. Such a nice stallion the blue jay male was, and he was bird blood too! At least... partial..bird blood. Rikka was the one who looked like the things with wings since she had the extra limbs on her back.

Gliding down from above the forest, the snowy equine landed with a small 'thump', her landing becoming more graceful with each passing flight. Her cyan gaze flickered towards the trees, knowing somewhere up there Iason the hawk sat, watching.

An familiar scent enter the air, causing the snowbird to smile slightly. "Intrepid?" Her voice was questioning, but it gave Iason a look of pure anger.

Intrepid's ears twitched at the thump he heard near by, so soft that he took no notice to it. His name was a little harder to ignore, and as he looked curiously in that direction he began to sniff out who was there. His eyes widened very slightly, Rikka? God it had been a long time, and he had to admit it had been rather funny to have been left after deciding to stay with her. He wasn't sure if he actually wanted to see the pretty little mare, but before he could make up his mind to turn away he was in view of her, and she of him.

"Rikka." His voice echoed out, a little surprised still and a little dully. He'd forgotten just how beautiful the mare he'd tricked was.

Rikka couldn't help but melt slightly as he said her name. Oh, how long HAD it been? Sure, she was a bit upset with him, but he /was/ the first soquili she had fallen for (even if it was through trickery and deception). "It's...Its been a while." She sighed, moving closer to the caribou male.

"What have you been up to?" She asked softly, her eyes locking on to Intrepid's carmel ones.

He watched her a moment and a slow, smug smile took over his face. So she was still smitten? Well, not quite. But Trep would let that kind of thing get to his head. "Oh you know, been... hanging around a lot." He said, his words light and airy. It sounded much better than saying 'feeling sorry for myself about my whole damn family abandoning me and not being able to find a stupid enough mare to shack up with for the night'. Much better.

"What about you? Seemed to have disappeared with out a trace, Rikka." He couldn't help it if his words came out a bit bitter.

At the bitterness of his tone, her eyes dropped to the ground. "I...I went home." She said quietly, her wings also drooping slightly, as if Intrepid had been reprimanding her. "A..and I've been with a few others whom I met while down here and up in the mountains." She told the bay male.

"Have you see Makya? He's growing..bigger and bigger with each passing day. And little Shai...She's becoming more beautiful every day." The snowbird's posture fixed, giving Trep a small smile.

Offending her wouldn't do any good, he knew. What others? Why didn't she come see him! Well those reasons were obvious, but he was still a little jealous of it all. "Ah, I see." He stated, as iff that topic as now over with.

"No, I haven't seen the children... almost as long as I haven't seen you." He sounded a little sad about that, but it didn't matter. Half didn't matter. "I am glad they are still keeping in contact with you, though. They sound like they've done good for themselves."

"You should see them sometime." Was all Rikka said to that, but how the stallion would was oblvious to her. "Though..I don't keep in contact with them on a daily basis. It's...actually been quite a coincidence I've stumbled upon them." Rikka stated, shifting her wings to stretch a bit. "Let's walk...perhaps you can fill me on on what you have been up to lately instead of just 'hanging around'." Rikka wanted to socialize, even if it was with a flirtacious male.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:32 pm
The First Day of the Rest of Our Lives

Nothing Yet
Ferret familiar draped over her neck like a mink, Kayjin held her head high as she breathed in the familiar scents of the meadow, a smile dancing in her eyes and playing on her mouth. The weather was absolutely wonderful today, and she couldn't wait to see what the day might have in store for her.

She trotted a few more paces before pausing and spreading her wings, feeling the soft breeze ruffling her feathers, making her feel completely comforted.

"Nice day, isn't it, Sugah?" She asked with a giggle, pawing at the ground with one of her hooves and watching as the grass swayed around her.

"Too hot!" Sugah remarked, scratching at one of her cheeks with her tiny ferret claws. Kayjin couldn't help but smile - Sugah always had something to complain about, be it the weather or her lack of sleep.

Lethrossen

Makya chuckled lightly to himself as he moved out of the woods and into the field, brown gaze flicking about slowly. His wings were folded tight against his back, curly hair brushing at his face. It tickled each time a stray lock fell against his neck, several times he'd tried to shake it from his face; no success was evident. His hooves made hardly any sound as he moved through the plush grass, wings flaring out and flapping lightly.

It was almost as if he was holding himself just slightly off of the ground, so he wouldn't ruin the grass with his weight. After a little bit he picked up his pace, there was another's scent in the air and he always enjoyed meeting others. Though something about this scent was famaliar.

Nothing Yet
As she stood there, silent, just absorbing the very atmosphere of the day, Kayjin could swear she heard the faintest noise - something like the wind blowing in a different direction, perhaps, or the grass humming along to its own special tune. Curious, she turned around, peering off into the distance, careful to keep her balance so Sugah wouldn't have a rude awakaning from falling off of her back.

Vaguely, she could see blue, and wings, and - a stallion, perhaps? Somehow, she felt as if she recognized this Soquili. She'd not met many during her time on this island, since she frequently took to the skies intead of staying on land to converse with others, so when she met another she found that she remembered them quite well.

Intrigued, she began to make her way towards him, albeit not as graceful as the stallion.

Lethrossen
Makya's wings fluttered a little, spotting Kayjin rather quickly once she was in seeing distance. She was a pearly white with swirls of blue and purple, how could he not miss seeing her? It was a good thing, though. Once he had a good view of her he began to gain some of his memory of meeting with her, and he was quite happy to be bumping into another he'd met.

A few more steps were taken before he slowed and let his wings collapse, when he was closer he bowed his head in a formal greeting. "Hi there, it's nice seeing you around here." He stated, grinning at her.

Nothing Yet

Aha, so that's who is was! Makya had been one of the only very few winged Soquili she'd met so far, and she found that he and Chitsa were the only two she truly wanted to see again. Her bubbly personality seemed to clash with so many of the others here, and she always felt as if she were tiring them.

"It's very nice to see you again, too!" She replied cheerfully, bowing her head in greeting, curly mane falling over her neck, burying little bits of Sugah. "I hope things have been going all right for you? No ruffled feathers or bad omens?"

She tilted her head to one side, eyes shimmering. My, how nice it felt to speak with someone so friendly.

Lethrossen
He watched her as she greeted him, grinning all the while. At her question of how he was he just chuckle. "Oh fine, if you consider being confined to complete solidtude fine!" But he was kidding with her, and he showed this by laughing some. "Honestly though my days have been going well, a little slow but well. What about you, keeping things good i presume?" He hoped anyways, he didn't think he could stand to know if anyone had been having a series of unfortunet days.

"I'm surprised I even ran into anyone tonight, though I probably should have guessed on it because of how nice the weather is... actually, I don't see why I am surprised at all. I think it was just surprise at seeing such a nice face again." He nodded, finding he liked that conclusion best.

Nothing Yet
Nodding slowly in response, Kayjin waited politely for Makya to finish speaking before she answered him verbally...besides, he was quite nice to listen to. Sugah, meanwhile, had fallen asleep yet again and had begun to fdget and snore; Kayjin reminded herself that she'd have to stop letting her roam around at night, since a familiar was rather silly if it just sat and looked pretty across her shoulders all day!

"Ah, I've been doing things all on my lonesome as well. Trying to occupy myself with flying, but it's only so long before your wings get too tired, you know?"

She flashed him a smile, wondering if he loved to fly as much as she did, a blush streaking her pale cheeks at the remark of her pretty face.

"You're not so hard on the eyes either, you know! It's good to see others that I've met before...though you're the only one I've seen twice. Kind of comforting, I guess, to know that the world isn't really that big, and there are others that care for you that can still remember your name."

Lethrossen
He nodded. "Yes, it's a pity. Wings can bring you far, but not far enough some days." What he ment was that he did understand the factor that made flying tiresome, and why you couldn't fly forever every day.

His eyes skittered over the faint blush, and he found himself curious about it. It wasn't often he got to see other's blush. He decided he liked it, on her at least. Makya just chuckled at her compliment, pawing at the ground with his hoof. "Thank you. And yes, it is good to find out this world isn't endless." He smiled slightly, though there was something a little sad about the smile. Perhaps his family would come around more often, perhaps not. But the world wasn't endless so he should see them, sometime.

"I don't think I could ever forget your name, Kay." He said cheerfully, ears perking. But he nodded in agreeance, this was a very nice meeting and it was good to know these facts. "Would you like to walk with me?" He nodded to the east. It was getting a bit dark, but it didn't look like it'd be cloudy any time soon.

Nothing Yet
Kayjin's gaze fell with slight embarassment when she realized he'd noticed the blush. Perhaps he wouldn't make too much fun of her for it...but she'd never had anyone compliment her on her beauty before, and it made her feel rather special.

"Kay?" She asked with a giggle, rather amused by the nickname. "I like that. It sounds so giddy somehow. Kinda fits me, I guess!"

She shifted a bit, trying to stir Sugah from sleep, but found that the poor little ferret was too deep to be awakened by just the movement of hooves.

"Walk with you? Sure! I don't have anywhere to be tonight...or any other night, now that I think of it, so I've got plenty of time to spend."

She nodded matter-of-factly, unable to supress a cheerful grin.

Lethrossen
He was glad that she didn't mind his shortening of her name, some soquili were iffy about nicknames. "Yes, it does fit you." He murmered and grinned. After a moment he began a slow walk forward, wings twitching slightly but he kept them folded.

"Perhaps where we have to go any night is just here. Or there, rather. Because wherever you go, there you are." He glanced at her and chuckled nervously, that he probably made no sense to her. "So it doesn't matter so much if you have nowhere to go on any given night... because you'll always be somewhere and that's enough, isn't it?" His tail gave a little swish and he looked forward again. Hopefully the fireflies would come out, he quite enjoyed racing with them and such.

"And who is that around your shoulders?" He'd forgotten to ask until just then, but he had noticed the famaliar.

Nothing Yet
Beginning a slow trot so she could keep up with him, Kayjin found that she was nearly tripping over her own hooves because she was so involved in listening to him speak.

"I suppose you're right. Somwhere isn't nowhere at all, and I don't want to go about not existing! That seems like it'd be horribly lonely..."

She trailed off, gazing over at him with interest. He sure did think very deeply when it came to these sorts of things...at least he didn't wander around every day thinking about who he was going to bully, or who to seduce next. He was in a happy medium, a good place, and she thought that his personality wasn't frightening in the slightest like so many others she'd seen.

Nearly forgetting that Sugah was even there, and suddenly feeling rather bad for doing so, Kayjin tossed her mane so the ferret was more visible.

"Sorry, I forgot to introduce her, I suppose. This is Sugah, the lazy little thing...I think she's been sneaking around and snacking on berries at night, because she sure is tired all the time."

Lethrossen
He was quite releaved she understood what he ment, and put it into much simpler words. "Not existing..." He nodded. That did sound terribly lonely. But he thought if one did not exist, how could one feel alone? He did not bring up the point though, seeing as they were moving onto the mare's famaliar.

He chuckled lightly, glancing over to get a better look at the ferret. "Well we all need our fun sometime, eh?" He wiggled his brows playfully and then laughed more. "Besides, I don't think I could blame her. Berries make delicious midnight snacks." He said, grinning cheerfully.

As they went along and the sun slowly left the sky Makya went back to searching the fields, trying to see if any fireflies had come out yet. "Oh!" He exclaimed, squinting and picking up his pace just a tad, he thought he'd seen one!

Nothing Yet
Pausing for a moment, Kayjin realized that she'd never even tried any of the berried that Sugah had contantly ranted and raved about...

"It's silly, but I don't think I've had berries! I'll have to ask Sugah to bring me some back after her next nighttime run." She shrugged her shoulders to stir the familiar, hoping Sugah had heard her, but somehow she rather doubted it.

As she turned to look over at Makya again, she found that he was running in another direction with the simple exclamation of 'oh!'. Had she somehow frightened him?

"Where are you going?" She asked with a laugh, wings spreading slightly as she began to chase after him, hoping he wasn't running from her.

Lethrossen
He spread his own wings as he began to get more into the middle of the field, and as he heard her voice he turned his neck to look back, laughing. "I want to show you something!" He whinnied playfully, never would he run from her. "Well, I think it's here anyways!"

He hoped his surprise would work, because he'd feel bad for saying he wanted to show her something and then having nothing there. After a few more feet of trotting he suddenly began to flap his wings, hard up and down. A few times and he stopped, stopped running and flapping his wings. Little fireflies were flying all about and around him, scared up from the wind his wings had created.

Several of them glowed at once, then another bunch flashed their own lights. He turned himself about to look back at Kayjin, to see if she liked this surprise or not. He was laughing in joy, he loved fireflies.

Nothing Yet

Curious, Kayjin began a slow gallop, trying her best to catch up with him. She could feel Sugah suddenly awake and clinging to her mane for dear life, screaming and begging for her to slow down.

When she'd finally reached Makya, she looked over, amusement flickering in her expression as she listened. How could he not know if it was there, if he'd run so far to come see it? That was rather confusing...

She then turned to look in the direction he was staring. Perhaps it was something one had to imagine? But instead of dreaming up a something, she found that they were there! Little tiny stars, flying everywhere in front of them.

"Oh!" She cried out in surprise, smiling widely. "You've brought the sky down to see me! How'd you do that?"

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:30 pm
[[Reserved for "My wings aren't that special!" Hok'ee & Rikka ]]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:53 pm
This time it was Makya's turn to blush! She had such a pretty way of saying it, bringing the sky down. Fireflies were like stars, weren't they? He laughed lightly and nosed at the grass a little, scaring up a few more fireflies.

"Fireflies, little glow bugs!" He exclaimed, watching her still. His wings stretched out again and he moved a few steps toward her. "Come see, they are fun to catch too... except when you actually eat one." A sheepish look came over him, he had accidentally ate a few. Not on the same night, but there had been occations. "Sometime if you fly low enough you can fly with them, if there are enough out... it's amazing." He breathed out, his voice was low and almost in a whisper.

He was glad he finally got to share this special activety with another, a friend at that! Well he hoped two encounters would make it so they were friends, he quite enjoyed friends and didn't run into soquilis enough. "D..do you like it?" He asked, just making sure.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

Nothing Yet

Obsessive Stargazer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:14 pm
Why, they weren't stars at all, he was right...but they were still just as absolutely stunning to her. She stood there, silently, watching in awe as the bugs flickered on and off, like tiny little flames. How beautiful they were!

"Fireflies..." She murmured, interested. Sugah was calmed now, standing upright on her back, had tilted in wonder as she watched them too. "It's such a fitting name, though it makes them sound meaner than they are."

Kayjin looked over at him, grinning, happy he'd shown her this. "Eat them? They don't look like they'd taste very good...wouldn't they burn your mouth?"

She was very naive, but very curious as well. Flying amidst all the living stars did sound like so much fun...

"I do like it. They're very beautiful...thank you for showing me!" She smiled again, nodding in gratitude, wings fluttering for a moment with sheer excitement.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:31 pm
He chuckled lightly. "Meaner? Because of fire?" Most horses were terrified of fire, Makya just didn't like the fact that it destroyed all the beauty in the lands when it suddenly sprung up. Perhaps he was less afraid because he could get himself up into the air, but that would mean leaving behind unfortunet souls who could not. Fire was a very sad thing in Makya's opinion, not mean. Or scary!

He laughed more. "I didn't eat them on purpose!" He thought it was adorable when she asked if they'd burn your mouth. "They don't burn, not really. I think they are just called fireflies because they glow, like fire." He sometimes spent nights thinking about things like that, alone in the dark and sleep wouldn't come.

He was very pleased with himself for thinking to show her here. He flapped his wings a few more times before he let them fold again, then he slowly began walking through the feild. "What would you like to do now?" He called back, excited for more fun and adventures.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

Nothing Yet

Obsessive Stargazer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:48 pm
She nodded slowly, thinking about how terrified she'd been of the little campfire her human had been cooking over. It was beautiful, but when she got too close, it was very, very hot as well - and that part she didn't like.

"Ohhh, that makes sense!" Kayjin said in response to their name explanation. They did glow like fire, and they were pretty like fire too. She was glad they weren't quite so hot, though, since she was beginning to worry about what would happen if any of them landed on her.

"Hmn, I'm not sure what we should do." She remarked, wondering what the options would be, since the day was beginning to fade.

She remembered, then, that he'd told her how tasty berries were, and she'd admitted she hadn't ever tried them. Perhaps Sugah would be kind enough to show them where these tasty berries grew!

"Would you like to look for berries, maybe? Or...is there something better you have in mind?" She loved to see what he was interested in doing. So far, the one thing he'd shown her had been so very exciting.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:17 pm
]His ears perked lightly and he smiled softly at her, nodding his head. "Yes, I would enjoy finding berries greatly!" And the fireflies would be out all around, hopefully whereever they found bushes too. His tail gave a slow swish as he thought about it. "Well, after we ate some berries I could show you my home.." He said slowly. "I used to live there with my parents and my sister.." His voice saddened a little. "But everyone went their seperate ways." He shook his mane a little, trying to rid himself of the thoughts.

"Uhm. Yeah, so... berries and then a walk to the waterfall?" He asks, his voice sliding into the cheery tone it was before, hoping his little lapse wouldn't make her feel awkward. "It's really beautiful, especially if you take the long walk to get to the top. Plus that's a nice spot to take off from when you go flying." He nodded knowingly, because he liked taking off there. He even liked to free fall a little bit and then glide forward and up into the air, but that was dangerous and he didnt do it often.

"Come to think of it, I haven't been there in a while."

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

Nothing Yet

Obsessive Stargazer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:34 pm
Rather relieved that he hadn't found her berry-hunting idea completely ridiculous and stupid, Kayjin turned and nudged Sugah, who promptly hopped down with slight difficulty and began to make her way through the grass. It wasn't too hard to see her - even though it was getting a bit dark, the familiar still stood out well against the vibrantly green grass.

"I would love to see your home! Mine isn't very interesting...just a kind of weird human who talks gibberish all day, and Lolita and Murphy when they're around. Lolita kind of...scares me..."

She trailed off, brows furrowed, before realizing it was probably rude to talk about those he hadn't met yet.

"And the waterfall sounds so lovely as well. I'd like to see how the mist felt, flying through it...oh, Sugah's leaving us!"

With a giggle, she darted after the speedy familiar, turning back to make sure he was following after her.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:17 pm
[[Reserved for "Males..." Rikka/Iason]]

It was a day like any other day. Birds were chirping, leaves were falling, grass was browning and dying off. The sounds of fall had quickly entered the air as summer flew right by the year. The heat of the day in summertime caused one, born in the mountains, to cringe at the feeling of sticky sweat clinging to one’s body. Blue pelt glistened as droplets of water careened on a delicate face covered in the curly azul locks.

It was here you’d find the source of the water maker. In this lake that would soon be frozen by winter’s harshness. Just like summer, the most opposite season also had in qualities to define in. Where summer destroyed things by intense heat, winter harmed those not worthy of surviving.

Snowy pelt, the one remnant of winter the whole year, connecting a thin neck to a winged body bobbed up and down in the water, allowing the cool temperature to caress her feathers. She was accustomed to the water, being in it every day for a few minutes in the summer, so it was only natural out of habit the large equine figure was here today.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:42 pm
So, there she was. Splashing around the puddle of a lake like some yearling wanting to play. How on earth had I come onto this one? Tiger like eyes glared at the form of the soquili from the tree. Inverted markings of the large feline made the hawk seem a bit more aggressive, but as most say, looks can be deceiving. Small, hawkish squawks tried getting the blue horse’s attention, but the sounds of splashes had countered any attempt of catching the snow’s attention.

”RIKKA!” the tiger marked bird finally yelled, growling slightly as those cyan eyes of hers peered into his deep red ones with utmost curiosity. “GET OUT” The bird…to Rikka was like an overly protective older brother, wanting what was best for his little sister. Or…In this case, a jerk of a brother just wanting to get the other angry, but it was hard to anger such an innocent soul.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:44 pm
’RIKKA! GET OUT!’ was shouted to her. What was with him today? The head swung towards the perching bird in a cute gaze. “Iasooon.” She chirped, elongating the ‘sooon’ part only a little. When Rikka spoke, as you could figure out, Rikka was indeed the equine in this picture (Iason being the hawk), her voice had an almost cherubic tone. It held the sense of truth in every one of her words. The snow pelt female was indeed a special creature on this planet.

A little back history on Rikka, for those reading who don’t know her story. Rikka is Rikka, plain and simple. She is like any other soquili, but different in a sense she believes things most common adults would never question in a tone. Being gullible, the female in turn has been around with a few others, some including a stallion by the name of Intrepid, who used her for a fun night before leaving her with the burden of two life forms growing in her stomach. Left alone, she had born a son and a daughter, until one day those children of hers upped and left.

Rikka was alone.

Rikka was always alone.

She met others, but those meetings never lasted. She met adults, but they eyed her like a freak. She met foals, but they knew not much of what she spoke of. The female was a kid, trapped in a adult’s body with the attention span of a fish. She wasn’t disabled, she was just Rikka.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas