Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms
The Hogwarts Express Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 93 94 95 96 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:37 am
User Image

Cathryn O'Malley
12 Years OldSecond YearRavenclawSingle

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Before Seren could reply, however, the train shuddered to a halt, and they had arrived. Cat got up to go looking for Ethan, but a flow of students rushed her out the door in their hurry to get off the train. Cat, instead of resisting, went along. She soon found herself on Hogsmead station...

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

[[Continued at Hogsmead station]]

╔══════════════╗

Injuries/Illnesses: ------

Out of character: ------

RowenaMaximus

╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:14 pm
User Image
{"I just have to keep telling myself..."}'-,,-'{ Elizabeth Marie Belding }'-,,-'{"...I'm not as alone as I feel."}
[ Third-year ; Hufflepuff ]

Elizabeth smiled warmly when Allen admitted he might have chosen a toad as well, if he'd been given the proper circumstances.
"Deceptively clever. Toads. She is somewhat of a good luck charm for me, I guess; my muse." She said before his kind response made her blush slightly. She supressed the flush of color as Allen glared at Poe, and replaced it with an grin.

She felt an uplifting wave pass over her as he named his elective choices.
"I took Care for Magical Creatures as well, though decided on Wandless Magic for the other." She replied with a smile. Care for Magical Creatures was the class she was looking forward to the most and only felt that much more enthused knowing Allen had chose the same. She knew why she went with Wandless Magic, as well; she'd already shown applications of it's practice by accident through her childhood, so when she saw it on the list electives it seemed like the most logical choice. Play to her strengths, as it were. Magical Creatures on the other hand, had been another pittance of defiance against her high-bred blood. First and Second year, she did especially well in Herbology, and loved the down-and-dirty aspect of working with Magical Plants; she supposed it would be much the same in the care of animals.

"What made you pick curse-breaking? Hopes to be an Auror one day?" She asked, looking out the window as the Hogwarts Express began slowing near Hogsmeade. She looked in the distance at the weak glowing light in the village windows still a mile or so ahead of them. She released a weak sigh; the trip had gone by so much faster than she thought it would. She'd need to find Thomas once more before joining her house at the banquet, but she felt certain she'd bump into Allen again soon.

~-~*-----*-----*~-~
User Image
~-~-~-~-~

inMadness

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:35 pm
User Image
pre-third year - hufflepuff
▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

allen w. rhoddes

▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
muggle born - wizard raised

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
“To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time.”
– Leonard Bernstein
“Now, somehow, in some new way, the sky seemed almost alien.”
– Lyndon B. Johnson

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

¦¦
"Good luck is always a nice thing to have, even better with exams. They seem to be getting harder and harder every year." he chuckled, looking at the bundle that moved in its toad-shaped form.
At the answer to his inquiry, he looked back to Elizabeth missing all potential signs of embarrassment and smiled enthusiastically, "Wandless Magic sounds really interesting!" seeing a similar twinkle in her eye, he read the presented choice as being personal. A fond light in her air that told him she was comfortable; this eased him.
He also had a rather personal reason for the choice of taking Cursebreaking as his second elective. It was not as noble and ambitious as most people seemed to take it; no thought of being an Auror or even working for the Ministry had ever crossed his mind when seeing the option inked on the list. His curled hand squeezed into a tighter fist, nails of his fingers cutting into the fabric covering both his palms, at the rushing emotion that the memory brought on with its reason. The scars hiding like sins under the black fingerless-gloves made themselves known to him, as they often did, in their roughness and numbness of soul. Simply feeling their uneven affect on his mutilated palms made his spine stiffen.
However, his smile had not faltered and the spark in his eyes that had come with the girl's company did not diminish at the memories. His mask showed no sign of the turmoil momentarily playing before his eyes. "Nothing like that," he started naturally, "Just making sure I am prepared."
¦¦

User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:11 am
User Image
{"I just have to keep telling myself..."}'-,,-'{ Elizabeth Marie Belding }'-,,-'{"...I'm not as alone as I feel."}
[ Third-year ; Hufflepuff ]

Elizabeth smiled, though she kept her gaze on the window as she looked more and more at the reflection of the cabin and it's contents as the sun set and the train's interior lights dominated the growing shadow.
"Just making sure...you're prepared.", she mumbled to herself, before taking a deep breath. That's exactly what she needed for herself; strength. She was hopeful that she would finally get through to Thomas, and maybe break down some of his barriers on the carriages. Talking with Allen had certainly built her confidence, but she wasn't certain she was truly prepared.

She looked back over at Allen just as one could feel the train begin to lurch as it slowed to an eventual stop; all went quiet for a moment.
"I'm sorry. I'm not ignoring you. -- It's just, I'd hoped I'd be able to put something off a little longer, but,.. It look's like I have to finally confront it.", she offered Allen a soft grin, hope gleaming in her eyes, before taking a deep-breath and standing. She carefully replaced Delice into her tin and tucked it under her shoulder, and resisting the urge to curtsy, she resigned to slightly bowing forward.

"Thank-you for sharing your cabin with me, Allen. I'll, see you later?" She asked with a bright smile, pausing only for a moment before letting herself out. She shut the door behind her and stood still for a moment, replaying the last few hours in her mind. She felt rejuvenated, energized, ready to take on the world, and she had Allen to thank. It was amazing how far a few kind words go. Plus, she found Allen himself intriguing, to say the least. She knew there was much more beneath the surface; good or bad, she couldn't say, but she hoped that maybe one day he'd feel comfortable in telling her. The ear-to-ear smirk didn't leave her until she got off the platform, and finally made for the carriages.

~-~*-----*-----*~-~
User Image
~-~-~-~-~

inMadness

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

Rechosia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:07 pm
☆═━┈Ðąηїєℓℓє Ғѓїsk┈━═☆
------------------------------
---------------

User Image

User Image

•·.·´¯`·.·• Τħιѓ∂ yєąѓ •·• ʀąvεηcℓąω •·.·´¯`·.·•´

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Danielle whipped her head toward the door to the cabin as it slid open to reveal a young boy with raven hair and emerald green eyes. Quickly placing a smile on her face, she gripped Sekhmet to keep the kitten from bounding into the open hallway of the train. "Sure thing!" she chimed, actually excited that someone had made their way into her cabin and she would not spend the entire train ride alone. She then noticed the meowing cat the boy carried with him, as did Sekhmet as she struggled to free herself from Danielle's grasp to get a closer look at the other feline. "I'm Danielle. It seems my cat wants to be your cat's friend." She giggled lightly.

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:35 am
User Image

-
-
-
-
-
-

Max offered a small, slightly nervous smile in return. Upon closer look, he knew the girl to be his senior so he didn't want to offend her. However the nervousness seemed to vanish when he saw how giddy her own feline was to make acquaintances with his own pet, Rhia.

"Oh I hope so," he started, pulling his carrier and carry on in behind him as he slid the door closed. "Rhia is never good with traveling, especially on such a massive an loud locomotive."

He set Rhia's crate down on the floor and opened the door. Inside was a pure white Turkish Angora who resembled more of an evil-minded Persian the way her fur stood on end and her eyes wide with shock. Gently he reached in, small hands showing slight scarring from dealing with the spastic cat no doubt. There was a slight yowl of disapproval but Max managed to pull her out and present her to the eager kitten.

"This is Rhia." he said, mild influences of a french accent leaking in when the boy pronounced her name.

Rouknette Desto-Inflamare

Eloquent Conversationalist

6,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:05 pm
Sisters and chocolate...
Make life, much more...

Bearable.

User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

Daphne gladly did a quick inventory over the sweets that were on the sweet's car today was the day that the students would be returning to school. It was also the day that her son Matthew was coming to Hogwarts for his first time. He was actually on bored right now, along with her nephews Yia and Woil. my what a big family. With a new member too, little Zephyr Warren. Still she was enjoying this. She loved kids, and she worked with them, at least twice a year.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:07 pm
What makes you happy?

I wonder... what makes you happy...

does it make...Others happy too?
User ImageUser Image
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Thoughts: Filthy Mudblood cousins...
Mood: Enjoying Solitude, a bit entertained, but still bored.
╚══════════════╝

Poor Matthew Warren lost a bet with his pathetic mudblood cousin named Yiaraw. It irked him, but that's what he got for playing such childish games with that filth. So he had to lug up not only his trunk, but that b*****d and his brother's trunks. At least his tainted brother helped him, Woil. When this incoming First Year and the Fourth Year finished loading the trunks did he finally sit down in his own cabin, kicking his feet up on the little table connected to the wall. It was very rude, but still, he found it more comfortable. He stared out the window to the station as the slow trickle of magical people began to descend upon the platform. He sighed after a few minutes and stood up, opening his trunk on the overhang and pulled out a glass chess set and set it up on the table. He began playing it on his own, challenging his intellect with himself. Moving one glass piece after the other and eventually it ended in a stalemate both sides left with a king and nothing more. He smiled as he realized he was merciless even when fighting himself.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

{OOC:...}

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:46 pm
A house divided...
Cannot stand...
We must stand together...

User Image
User ImageUser Image

Woil sat in an empty Cabin after putting his and his brother's trunks on the rack above his seat. He was relaxing, sipping his diet soda. He had bough a six pack from a Muggle store and brought it along. He liked Muggle coke, he didn't quite understand why. But still, he'd share it with... his friends he wanted to say, but he didn't really have friends. He was a bit of a loner he guessed. Always with his nose in books, and Roi didn't help. But, that demon was history. He was taken back to Egypt... Or was he? He had read about the two professors, Horus never went back to Egypt. So did that mean that the demon was still inside of the school? If that was so, he had to tell Phinellia and her friends. He wondered if they'd help him look for the demon's box. If Hours did what he vowed to do, then he would be inside that black box, somewhere in that school. It didn't turn up in the investigation that the Auror's did at Hogwarts. All these thoughts unsettled the blond.

╔══════════════╗
Injuries: None.
Mood: Unsettled.
╚══════════════╝

User ImageUser Image

User Image User Image User Image

Or we will all die alone...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:02 pm
User Image

Who's
up for a...

User Image

User Image

Was Ben mistaken or was Aunt Clara tearing up while dropping him off? Fingering the wand in his pocket, he knew he wasn't allowed to use any of the spells he'd read about in the book. There were other rules surely and he didn't really know how to wave his wand, but that was what school was for. Aunt Clara had insisted that Gibby carry his trunks into the train which made him slightly uncomfortable. House elf in tow, he stepped onto the train and gave each face in the train a once over there were a ton of other magically talented kids, some his age and some older. Walking past full compartment after full compartment, he spotted Matt. "Hey Matt!," he exclaimed. Ben was happy to see a familiar face among all the students. "Do you think I could sit with you?" he asked innocently.

...little friendly competition?

King_of_Tarts

Ruthless Man-Lover

9,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tipsy 100

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:22 pm
A house divided...
Cannot stand...
We must stand together...

User Image

User Image
User Image

Yia was chatting up his girlfriend when he saw something and his smile twisted to a sinister, trouble making grin. He gladly walked right up to the new fresh meat, and his b*****d cousin. He glared at Matt before looking at Ben,
"Why do you want to sit with a p***k like that? Matt's a stuck up little kid, aren't you little cousin?" He said into the compartment where his cousin was as Yia's hair changed from dirty blond to red and stuck upward. He smiled down at the shocked look of the new First Year. He sneered as he spoke again, "That's not all." He said as he concentrated and turned himself into Ben, copying his blond curls and his eyes mimicking his light blue eyes. His skin turning to a white color and he shrank to the size of the First Year. "See? I'm awesome." He said with his own voice, that was one think he could never change, which sucked.

╔══════════════╗
Injuries: None.
Mood: Devious.
╚══════════════╝

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Or we will all die alone...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:34 pm
User Image

Who's
up for a...

User Image

User Image

Even though Ben hadn't known Matt for very long, he still considered him a friend, and began calculating the risks of taking on the larger cousin of Matt. He decided to play it cool. The boy could probably do magic, and Ben wasn't prepared for that. "I don't find him to be all that bad," he said with a knowing grin at Matt. The grin said, "That guy needs to be brought down a peg." While locking eyes with Matt, Ben missed half of the other kid's transformation. What the hell was this? The guy now looked just like him. Ben peered closely at the other guy, completely forgetting his plans. "You're almost a perfect copy," he murmured ruffling curls that were exactly like his own. "You know, they say mimicry is the highest form of flattery," he commented at his clone.

...little friendly competition?

King_of_Tarts

Ruthless Man-Lover

9,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tipsy 100

LoverofMusic1568

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:40 pm
User Image
Seren Meinir
~Ravenclaw~Third Year~Relationship Status: Taken by Yia~

The shy, short Seren followed right behind Yia into the trrain. "Yia don't be so cruel." She said to her boyfriend before taking his hand into hers shyly. She wasn't so used to expressing her feelings to anyone, let alone a boy. But she was getting used to it little by little, slowly but surely.

Wearing

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:49 pm
What makes you happy?

I wonder... what makes you happy...

does it make...Others happy too?
User ImageUser Image
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Thoughts: Filthy mudbloods... All of them.
Mood: Angry.
╚══════════════╝

Matt was just reassembling the battlefield when a familiar voice was heard and he sighed silently as he realized that filth had clung to him. He looked up at him and was about to respond when more filth joined them and this time that snapped his usually calm demeanor. His nose twitched as he glared at his older cousin and snarled at him. However before he could speak the cousin began to show off his ability and Matt rolled his eyes and sighed angrily as he crossed his arms and just stared out the window. He would give anything to completely obliterate him with his words, but seeing as to how his mother and father worked on this train he just ignored him, he'd pay him back when they got to school. When Yia seemed to have consumed his 'friend' he could only shake his head. When he heard an unfamiliar female voice he turned tired looking eyes to look at the source and sneered as an opportunity to strike had revealed itself to the prideful boy. So he simply struck at the girl who seemed to be Yia's girlfriend. "Isn't that just like the filthy little Mudblood's like you. You have to resort to the alliance of more filth like her." Matt said motioning his head to Seren.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

{OOC:...}

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

LoverofMusic1568

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:38 pm
User Image
Seren Meinir
~Ravenclaw~Third Year~Relationship Status: Taken by Yia~

Seren just stared at Matt in total shock that he had called her a Mudblood. How rude could one person be. She had never been called that before in her life. "How could a low life like you be so cruel and call someone that." She said to him almost yelling. Right now, she was completely pissed off at him. If she could she would draw out her wand right now and cast a spell on him right here and now. But no the shy, young Ravenclaw wouldn't do that. She wouldn't break the rules right when she was about to head to school for her third year.

Wearing

User Image

King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 93 94 95 96 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games