Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Knockturn Alley
The Spiny Serpent [Closed ~ Not Hiring] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:38 am
That's why I slipped out the back before you knew I was there
And I know the way I left wasn't fair

I didn't want to be around just to bring you down

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

Wicked eyes whipped back and forth between the note that his robust fingers soon found clenched between the grip of calloused flesh in the hastened steps to pry apart the seams and cast his honey dripped gaze of gold upon the parchment. A brow had risen, one of shrouded context and hidden meanings, finally, after a moments deliberation, the golden serpent flashed a wand from the confines of his robes and tapped it towards the page.

Nothing.

”And this is it?” He mumbled, less than pleased. ”This isn’t what I wanted….” The damned dog, Remington hardly resisted a growl, that beast of the ministry was always tearing at the chains that bound him.

”I take it you don’t know who the spider is, pity. Looks like the dog of the ministry learned more from you, than you from him. Go to Moribunds, talk to the owner,

“She knows what I’m looking for, she’s the one who sent me to him, and the old crone must have gone and known this was going to happen — damn her. Don’t come back without our treasure, she’ll send you through Hell... and there’s always somebody listening —

“Oh— and don’t show weakness… That spider doesn’t need to see it, she can smell it…

"Well, off you go then.”

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:34 pm
ŞĦÅWNJudus §ჳწჳ
Born into a Slytherin Family
User Image Shawn watched, holding his letter and humming to him sefl. He woundered if Mr. Nott even remebared that he to had been sent for a letter, even if he suposed that the letter was not of the most importance.He stood back, watching the two, dirt filled nails tapping at the table.
Lived my life as a Griffendor.

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:35 pm
User Image Zabraina flew through the doors, looking as if she was going to kill some one. Shawn hid behind the desk at her face. "REMMINGTO NOTT!" She hollered, before throwing on a destrot look, giving the saddest poutiest face, yet still showing her over all strangth. Zabraina was fast on wit and on wand, she just was not all that sane. "He is CHEETING ON ME!" She said, putting her hand ovr her forehead in a dramatic, way as she and most pureblood women were known for. Her young looking face and usaly cruel eyes seemed to be overly flowing with sadness, but she just wanted her way. She wanted revenge and Remmington was going to help her get their, if he knew what was good for him. "Shawn...get me a drink" She spat in her hidding son's direction.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:48 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
LOCATION: The Spiny Serpent MOOD: Surprised OBJECTIVE: Reattempt mission

User Image

Hunter's head, now blurred with confusion, tilted to the side in response to Remington's words, the weight feeling much too heavy as it lolled like stone against his muscular shoulder. His expression was indifferent, though his thoughts were fused with surprise and disappointment.

Whether or not it had been his intention, he had failed to complete the mission Nott had sent him on. His lips pushed out into a subtle pout, regardless of his renewed excitement at hearing his extended assignment. Our treasure... The three syllables rang endlessly in his head, even as his focus turned to the finer details of his boss's (or who he hoped to assume the position) words.

He would have to be more careful this time, square his shoulders and go to hell and back until he had what Nott wanted safely in his hands—aware all the while that "there's always somebody listening." His eyes, wrought with iron, flashed idly to the scruffy Slytherin in the corner at the last part, but quickly returned to Remington's molten gaze. The left side of his lips pulled up into a crooked, full-hearted smile at his dismissal.
"Your wish is my command," he finally replied, and with the wink of his left eye, he turned abruptly on his heel to face the exit.

Loosening his tie while he walked, Hunter's face hardened as he processed the last sentence of his directions.
"I hate spiders." The low mumbling of his velvet, British accent was likely to go unheard as he pushed—much less urgently—out into the street. He was suddenly thankful that everyone in this town rarely meant what they actually said, forever encrypting their words into relevant riddles.

User Image

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:19 am

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

He had his own purposes and intents for leaving the exiled Sever to lull in his own thoughts and await the jurisdiction set unto him, and as he singed the dead ends and loose knots, he waved Hunter Garren away, surely, just as the maleficent witch had burst through the seams with arms wide open. Death, decay, and Hell burned bright in her eyes, a fire bleeding. There was no lack of wonder in his eyes as he glanced at the departing image from his window, now, suddenly wishing he could pawn off the woman on the man that had just left him.

There was no option for doing the same to Shawn, the woman would murder the boy, incidentally, if he even tried. And good, loyal help was so hard to find these days. ”Madame,” he purred, that haunting melody of bittersweet poison enveloped her within its tune, wrapping around her and crawling down her spine with every lingering syllable. Despite her bout of explosion, Remington remained serene, that wistful smile always playing at his lips as if he were always two steps ahead of the game.

”If revenge is what you seek, my dear, then you came to the right place. But to which degree, I wonder?” He paced, beckoning a nod for her to follow as he came to rest at the sight of his newest ancient relic. ”This is the Horn of Hérheinhaim, when used, it summons vile, vengeful spirits to spread fear, and hate, and pain. Albeit, the souls in question cannot physically harm, but they are quite theatrical, and a brilliant way to distract your husband and that, foul mistress. Leaving them off guard.

“Of course, a more practical gesture would be this,”
he paused, a wave of his wand in silence had summoned a rounded vial to his hands, concocted by the hands of a dear friend.

”Draught of Life—very similar to the draught of living death, except, the potion will render a man paralyzed. He may watch, feel, think, and at times, even talk, but he will not be able to move. The potion is simple, only enough for one, but it doesn’t need to be drunk.

“No, this potion is quite special because all you need to do is splash it upon their skin, and then their yours for twelve hours.”

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:18 am
User Image Zabraina stopped at Remingtons tone. Her eyes flashed and she listened. This man had a way with words. She started to smile bigger and eviler and eviler. She liked both ideas but the second was just wonderful. "I like the potion. Such a hard one to make... However did you get the more... Hard to come by ingredient?" She loved potions she held out her hand. "How much Mr Nott?"  

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:24 pm

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

”For you?” He remarked with a smirk, crossing one robust arm around his slim waist and prompting the other against it, dull fingernails grazing against the generous stubble of facial hair that always seemed to mar his jawline. ”Six galleons,” he decided with a nod, and considering the steep and rare ingredients, he had been better off thrusting it into her hands for free just to get her away from him. She was too deviant, evil, and malicious, and in that sense, she was too much like Krina—and that was something he was not prepared to undergo.

Polite smiles and common courtesies would be issued, but, once she had glided on her heel and sauntered towards the door, he had issued his attention to the lone man shrouded in silence. ”Well?”

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:50 pm
ŞĦÅWNJudus §ჳწჳ
User Image Shawn looked up as his mothe payed and left the shop. He then heard his boss call him. He stepped forward. He took out the note. "This is from the Lady" He said, the note folded and unopened in his hands.

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:07 pm

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

”Quite troubling,” Remington concurred after his fingers struck forth in silence and snatched the slip of parchment from the man’s fingers and released the prisoner from its cell. The words flew like ivory and ebony, an empty contrast to what he had already known all of these years—obviously, it was something he was forgetting.

”A heart given away years ago,
let sail out to sea willingly
cannot be strung.
Only drowned.

"You are neither golden nor stone. You slither in the trenches alongside your fellow rats.
They are your food, but they are your companions.
All for one, and one for all.

He recited the letter, and as he had suspected, just as the last wisp of his tongue had fretted into the world, the parchment burst and spread a kindled ash into his fingers, crumbling into nothing after meeting the hands of their destination. His eyes of gold rose to meet the young Sever boy, scarcely able as a man than a boy, he noticed all too grimly. ”Do you understand what this means, Shawn?” He dared casually, rhetorically.

”It means I’m not like the other men you see out there. I’m not like the Minister for Magic, and I’m not like the Head Auror, or like my brother. I don’t sit from my lordly liege castle and bark the commands of a king to his peasants.

“I’m just like you, just like all of you—and it’s why everybody loves me. I have the common people’s love, behind closed doors, because I help them, behind closed doors—when those other men would not....

“But she’s taunting me, again. It’s my past, I know it, she knows it… but I don’t know how much she knows…”
Rambling…

It was a trait of his brother’s, he had noticed from a young age, and quite an annoying trait.

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:17 pm
ŞĦÅWNJudus §ჳწჳ
User Image Shawn nodded, watching his boss. He understood a bit, but the translation provided by Mr. Nott helped. He kept his face bland, absorbing the information as it was given to him. All information was valuable in every way. He did not understand the complicated relationship those two had, but he respected it. "I see Mr. Nott" He said, licking his cracked lips and looking briefly around the room, a sign that showed he did not know what to make of the information..yet.

Then his eyes went wide and he grabbed his heart, as if in pain. It passed after a moment, but the shocked look in his eyes stayed. He then shook him self. It all passed in a moment, before he looked away.

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:29 pm

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

”But enough of that,” he had decided with one sure breath of toxic air, sparing an acidic glance in the direction of the boy he had taken in—such a soft spot for the broken, and the damned. He reminded him of himself; he realized only a moment later and then shook his head—because it was only a bare similarity. ”You’ll be taking over the shop for a while, and when Hunter comes back along— which I’m sure he will…

“He’ll be running underground, the contacts, the connections, predominately in the gambling ring downstairs, but, business has a mind of its own…

“I’ll be away, my whereabouts are to be kept in darkness, and thus, I’ll be leaving you an eagle owl to contact me.”
In truth, Remington knew it wouldn’t be hard for an owl to find him; after all, Hogwarts may be one of the best defended schools… but not against owls. He was well aware of the magical connection between wizard and owl, and he knew that if anyone truly wanted to find him, it would be as easy as tracking down one bloody owl. Obvious, and daring, but—he assumed that was quite the thing those that might be hunting him for would be pervious to avoid. What better notion than to hide in plain sight.

”Do you understand?”

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:57 pm
ŞĦÅWNJudus §ჳწჳ
User Image Shawn nodded. Listening to the man, but something was off with his body language. Something had happened that he felt. He looked at his boss, still broke but sure now was not a good time to ask. "Yes Mr. Remington." He said, hoping that Hunter did not continue to be his insufferable self. He understood it all and was perfectly willing to run the shop. How ever the main thing on his mind was what he had just felt in his chest. A deep pain as if something had been cut.

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:33 am

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

”I can’t help but sense you’re not too thrilled,” Remington cut the silence with the slash of his tongue, noting the boys rigid stance. Shawn was tense, and as taut as a bow being strung as he stood statuesque and dark. Remington sought for answers through the darkness, finding the hidden in the open plain of sight.

”You’ll be getting a hefty bonus at the end of every week now…” But Remington couldn’t find the spark that he was looking for.

Curious sparkling gems of gold glittered beneath heavy brows as he struck one upwards and casually strolled closer to the boy, until he could see every fine hair and detail on him. ”I know, I know, can’t really put a price on what you’re going through.

“I hope you don’t take me for a fool, I can see the pain written clear as day on your face. I know what happened.”
He lied. After all, it’s what he’s best at. A heavy force was rising to his throat, cutting off his airways if only for just the moment, as if a sickening realization had sunken in. ”Is there anything I might do to help?”

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:45 am
ŞĦÅWNJudus §ჳწჳ
User Image Shawn looked up at the slash of the tong. He did not know what to say, even as the money statement was made. Then Remington used his all mighty power to see what was wrong. Shawn did not know what to do about it. He hung his head, before dropping to his knees, the pain of the severed bond...a magical twin bond at that, causing him to shake. "There is nothing you can..can do Sir..he..He is dead..I know it..I can feel it Sir" He said, grabbing his necklace..the half of a necklace that his twin also had.

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:08 am

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

”…Death isn’t really the end you know,” Remington reasoned slowly, taking careful note of the suddenly dwindling ties that had once made this boy weak, but, would soon again make him strong. ”It’s just the beginning.” After all, what other method of condolences could Remington impose?

”Why, that’s where you’re wrong Shawn. You see, if there was anyone that could uncover the mysterious discrepancies of your brother’s death, it would be me.” But as it was, he wasn’t even sure if there were any discrepancies to resolve—but—when were there not?

”Your bother, he was the professor, wasn’t he…

“I’ll see what I can find.”

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

Knockturn Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out