Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Quality Quidditch Supplies Open, Hiring, and Summer Sales! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:06 pm
User Image
                                                User Image

════════════════════════

Sɪxᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ |❻| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Pʀᴇғᴇᴄᴛ |❻| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text

"Just picking up a few supplies and maybe a couple magazines," Dani answered in reply to Jean's question. "I'm hoping to get a bit of practice in over the summer."

Dani simply blinked, and managed only a diplomatic smile, when Cathy described Veronica's and Tanya's dress sense in comparison to her own, as she really wasn't quite sure how to response to that, and decided silence was probably the best choice. That said, even Dani had to admit, if only to herself, her friends had more adventurous tastes than she, and that she really couldn't pull off cute the same way Cathy did.

As Cathy spoke to Jean, and he replied, Dani said, "I hope I'm not intruding upon plans you two made; I certainly wouldn't want to be in the way."

mc2
                                                ]

Jade Galaksylph

════════════════════════

OOC:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:07 pm
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye a.k.a. Lolli xxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx <3rd Year>
Time: Summer of 2030
Looking: Pretty Clever
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx
                                                      Lola bit her lip when he pointed out that if she walked off that it would affect her more than him, since he was the one offering to do her a favor. Of course he had to argue her house and make being smart sound like a bad thing. It was funny but she thought that he probably was one of the few Slytherins who hated Ravenclaws more than any other house, including Gryffindors. Or that is how he liked to make it sound. He was probably still bitter about the rift that he and Selina had and honestly she never saw that one getting better, or anything soon. It didn't help that Selina was friends with his brother who was really in many ways the complete opposite of Devonate. As time went on the two brothers seemed more and more apart too, it was sort of sad. Not that she was stupid enough to blurt that out. Or she hoped she wasn't. She shrugged in his question about her intelligence not bothering to verbalize an answer and glanced to her brother with a slight scowl as Rhett begged her not to make Devonate so mad he wouldn't get her a broom. She glanced back at her year mate and raised a brow at his smile and had to hide a small smile when he smiled at Rhett's words, trying to hide it and assuring Rhett that he would still get the broom despite her manners. Rhett's eyes lit up and stuck out a tongue at Lola and said, "At least he's cool."

Lola looked back and then the conversation turned and she had confronted Devonte about kisses and he stumbled over a denial of her bold claim before snapping that he wouldn't want her 'dirty lips' on his as he didn't know what gardens they'd been at. She clenched her fists and snapped, "Good! I'm happy keeping my lips far away from you! There's plenty of people who someday would be delighted with a kiss from me! I wouldn't want to contaminate you with my disgusting nature loving..." she paused and fixed her gaze at him and added, her tone quieting and turning into a deadpan as she crossed her arms and added, "Also, the term for those who appreciate nature is 'tree hugger' not 'tree snogger', I'm sure my lips are perfectly agreeable. Too bad you'll never know." She raised a brow, daring him to argue, but what was he going to say? If he countered her statement at all it was like he would be admitting he did want kissed by her. Wouldn't want to contaminate him with her 'dirty' lips right? Merlin, he might as well be hinting she was a mudblood or something using terms like that, did he have no tact? It wasn't the 1990s anymore. Someone with less patience probably would have decked him by now. He was lucky she liked him... well not like that... right? She blushed for a moment at the thought, it quickly fading as she kept an eyebrow raised waiting for his counter or dismissal of the argument.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
Deviled Dregs

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:55 am
User Image

◥ ♒ ✖ ♒ Eugene "Jean" Windsor ♒ ✖ ♒ ◤

Ravenclaw Sixth Year Half-Blood Single

You are a brick tied to me that's dragging me down
                                          Strike a match and I'll burn you to the ground
                                          We are the jack-o-lanterns in July, setting fire to the sky
                                          Here it comes this rising tide, so come on [Put on your war paint]

Cross walks and crossed hearts and hope-to-dies
                                          Silver clouds with grey linings

-✖- So we can take the world back from the heart-attacked -✖-
                                          -✖- One maniac at a time, we will take it back -✖-

Jean smiled and nodded encouragingly at Dani about hoping to get a bit of Qudditch practice, "That's great, Dan. You guys would do great in the field, so good luck with that, mate," He gave her a thumbs up before he quietly listened to Dani and Cathy's conversation about fashion... which was actually not his thing. He just wear anything simple, like hoodies and Band T-shirts, but that was basically it. Just now he was just wearing a military cap (in which, he just took it off), a blue-and-white plaid shirt, grey jeans, and the "classic" Vans shoes. He just realized Cathy looked like some rich kid, while Dan looked like a subtle punk rockstar in a way (but he assumed that was just because of the leather jacket, he saw alot of leather jacket on his favorite bands). But then, he did not really mind what people wear and mind his damn business.

His light olive face showed a hint of flush and thought about it. He wasn't the type to just visit his classmates' houses in a flash unless he was invited. He bit his lip thinking if he should visit her, would it be worth a try? He remembered that David usually stayed somewhere, he forgot the name of the place. He wondered what would his dad say if he told him if he could visit her place or the British Museum.

But dear, he felt it would be along the lines of "Jean please remind your mother about this because otherwise she would worry because you're in bloody London and your home is in Scotland". Protective dad. The classic. Well sure, there was indeed a distance of Edinburgh and London, but he made it to the Diagon Alley did he? Didn't his dad live in the Cotswolds? Why did his dad not invited him yet to stay at his hometown for once? Did he not like his parents, or cousins? He'll have to ask his dad after class, of course.

"Hmm..." He hummed thoughtfully when she said that it should be fine visiting Belgravia and eventually explained about how Leo and her sister stayed in their place, then roughly four years later they ended up going steady. He still found it surprising about David and Leo, they're even going to get married. "Well, I'll think about that but I would love to hang out sometimes I suppose. I think I should do what my dad constantly tell me; Talk to people and hang out with 'em I guess?" He jokingly added the last one, then he chuckled. "But yeah, sure. I mean, hanging out doesn't sound bad, right?" He sounded a bit flushed and pushed some red strands aside. 'Guh, that was abit... awkward' He thought, as he thought about how he replied to her just now. He turned to the Gryffindor and shook his head, "Nope, I don't think you're intruding anything. I mean you're okay, I'm okay with anything"

-✖- You know, time crawls on when you're waiting for the song to start -✖-
                                          -✖- So dance alone to the beat of your heart -✖-

Hey young blood, doesn't it feel like our time is running out?
                                          I'm gonna change you like a remix, then I'll raise you like a phoenix
                                          "You're wearing our vintage misery" No, I think it looked a little better on me

User Image

Thinking: "I'll just distract myself... I guess"
        With: Cathy League, Danica Stewart
        Attire: Looking cool

mc2
Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:25 am
User Image
❤ Cathaline Acacia League ❤ a.k.a. Cathyxxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx <6th Year>
Looking: Flawlessly Adorable

Cathy shook her head as Danica hoped she didn't intrude on any plans and Jean said his own response. After Jean finished answering, irking Cathy some, she managed, "Oh, no, we had no plans. After all if it wasn't for chance and only up to Jean, he apparently wouldn't have seen me at all." She sighed and tossed her blonde hair over her shoulder and said a note of irritation in her voice though she smiled, "I'm beginning to think I repulse people or something. First Eli avoids me like all year with like no explanation, and now it's almost like Jean is too! At least with Eli, I knew he was okay because he was on the train with me helping calm people down, and Dani, you let me know you were fine, and Xiānbèi, even, I knew was fine... but Jean... nothing!" She shook her head and then she frowned as she thought of it, "Hmm... I guess Theo isn't exactly a xiānbèi... well not as I was calling him, I mean he's still a senior to me but he's graduated now. Oh that reminds me I owe him a thank-you for his help from last year."

Cathy began twirling a strand of hair and raised a brow at Jean, purposely mentioning Jean to point out at least some guys thought she was cute and appreciated her, meanwhile Jean... well he seemed to treat her no different than Danica, if anything he was warmer with Dani than her which was ridiculous since Dani and Eli were dating or did date or something... she had better things to do than listen to the dating gossip and quite frankly half the time things were wrong anyways. "I mean I didn't get my OWL scores back, but I think what he did help me with worked out. Even if I totally freaked out about my Healing exam and end up missing one of the others. Shouldn't be that hard to make up. Besides, some of the underclassmen are cute. I don't think I mentioned it to you guys but Theo and I hung out a bit during last year. Too bad for him I am like my brother in the fact I don't have a thing for dumb guys."

She shrugged and then said, "Oh, but back to hanging out, I mean it is fine if we all do. I'd hate for Jean to feel like I am monopolizing him or anything, right?" She smiled, "We could go to the tea shop here, it's cute and it has some really good Chinese tea, I know. Or maybe pick up some ice cream. Unless you lot have a better idea? My treat?"

Cathy had been drawing on theatrics, still upset by the fact Jean hadn't let her know he was fine or even thought to contact her when he was in London. It was common knowledge she lived there after all, and even if he lost her number or anything he could have looked up her Dad's name easy enough and found her house line. And maybe she was slightly miffed that the guy that she sort of had a crush on seemed not to think of her anything more than a friend, and if anything less of a friend than some of Cathy's own girlfriends like Danica. Jean couldn't be so dense to have not to have realized something. Girl's overprotective big brothers didn't tend to threaten guys unless they thought their sister would at least partially consider the guy, right? And Cathy so knew David made a habit of threatening Jean, after all Jean seemed terrified of the guy and it was beyond the 'David is a jerk' that most people used to avoid her brother. She was probably over thinking things, and if Dani came along maybe it would be less awkward. Oh! She could interrogate Dani to see if she could get some inkling on why Jean didn't seem to like her beyond friends... she was pretty sure Jean wasn't gay and he wasn't some guy with weird quirks like Eli, so it would make sense for him to like her or have some crush on her, but as far as Cathy could tell Jean felt nothing like that. Ugh! What was wrong with her? And what was wrong with him. People said girls, were hard to understand? Ha! No, guys were way more complex if you asked Cathy. They were just so weird sometimes. Maybe she should challenge Theo's liking of Sophie and see if he'd go on a date or something with her? At least Theo appreciated Cathy enough to agree she was adorable, which was only right! Also it would be funny if Theo said yes because it would give David a right fit.

Jade Galaksylph

Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:17 am
User Image
                                                User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text

"Thanks," replied Dani with a warm smile, to Eugene's kind words of encouragement. "It's going to be ...interesting to see how the team shakes out this year."

"You don't repulse people, Cathy," Dani assured her friend, "and I'd point out Eli was avoiding a lot of people last year. I hardly heard anything from him last summer, and then he shows up on the train with his hair dyed a different colour and blue contact lenses. Something happened to him last year, I can feel it, something that affected him enough that he obviously didn't feel comfortable in telling either of us. I'm just glad he was on the train with you, though, at least you two were safe." Despite the issues they were having, and Dani placed a goodly measure of blame on herself for why their relationship came apart, she felt the need to defend Eli from Cathy, just as she had on occasion with David.

"That was nice of Theo to help you with your OWLs, since I'm sure he was working like mad getting ready for his NEWTs," added Dani, "and you weren't the only one whom was freaking out over OWLs; I barely got out bed after those exams until it was time for the feast. I wouldn't call Theo a 'dumb guy', though; 'very self-assured', yes, 'dumb', not so much. He was pretty brilliant fighting Death-Eaters on the platform, and Veronica wouldn't have 'adopted' him if she thought he wasn't worth the bother."

"The Chinese tea house sounds like fun, though," replied Dani to Cathy's suggestion of what to do after checking out the Quidditch shop. "I don't think I've ever been to one before. Maybe they'll have somebody there whom reads tea leaves, that could be cool. We could do ice cream afterward, though." Turning towards, Eugene, she added, with a cheerful tone, "What about you, Jean? What are you in the mood for?"

mc2
                                                ]

Jade Galaksylph

════════════════════════

OOC:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:16 am
User Image

◥ ♒ ✖ ♒ Eugene "Jean" Windsor ♒ ✖ ♒ ◤

Ravenclaw Sixth Year Half-Blood Single

You are a brick tied to me that's dragging me down
                                          Strike a match and I'll burn you to the ground
                                          We are the jack-o-lanterns in July, setting fire to the sky
                                          Here it comes this rising tide, so come on [Put on your war paint]

Cross walks and crossed hearts and hope-to-dies
                                          Silver clouds with grey linings

-✖- So we can take the world back from the heart-attacked -✖-
                                          -✖- One maniac at a time, we will take it back -✖-

Jean just shrugged his shoulders at Dani's which was translated into "Nah, don't mention it", then replied "Let's hope the year's interesting" His tone adding a message like 'A peaceful year with no maniacs, if you get what I mean'. "Hopefully I'm going to do something productive for the team instead of, you know, stayin' up reserve" He was referring to how he spent roughly four years reserved as a keeper, meanwhile his friends were flying like a real professionals in the field. It wasn't like he was planning to be a International Quidditch player or anything, but he felt like he should at least try to adjust since their Ravenclaw Quidditch Captain is the Keeper of the team.

He tilted his head at Cathy's complaint about Eli avoiding her all year, as he knew she misunderstood the point. He knew why Eli avoided her because he told him why, but Jean promised himself to not spill the beans on them. He responded at Cathy's saying of her "repulsing people", raising his eyebrow, "No you're not," He said, "And yeah, like Dan said, Snow White-- er, Eli, I mean-- had been avoiding lots of folks during our fifth year, which was weird." He shrugged, deciding not to say anything beyond that, otherwise it was going to be a total trainwreck.

His jade eyes squinted as if he wasn't sure if he misheard what his Hufflepuff classmate just said, "Me? Avoiding you? Since when?" He sounded surprised and defensively flustered, "I'm aware of that and I'm sorry already that I didn't notify you lot about not reminding you about it. I haven't even told Eli about it and it's on my to-do list about notifying you all three about my life status." His face has reddish tint and sounded embarrassed for rambling, "Sorry about that, it's just... I have my moments in my home last week, mum got mad about what happened in school-- which I felt it was partially my fault," He wondered who was Xianbei until Cathy later said that it was Theo, in which it turned out he helped her OWLs studying and hung out a bit. He bit his lip, because it was like Cathy seemed to like Theo more than just a senior. "Theo? That seventh-year? That's... really nice of him, cool. I haven't gotten my OWLs yet but I thought everybody's freaking out about the tests? I don't even know what would my dad say if I got a Dreadful grade in the results, happens when you got a professor for a parent I guess" He sighed as he responded, sounding quite jealous even if he trying not to look like he was. He recalled Theo, the blonde buffy guy whom he first meet in the Platform 3/4 and shared a compartment in the train. The more he listened about how she found some underclassmen cute and about Theo, the more he had an urge to confess and make a move. But when? He felt he was going to be a terrible boyfriend for not notifying her that he survived the maniacal Hogsmeade incident. He tried his best keeping his cool when he's infront of her and he didn't talk to her sometimes because he thought giving personal spaces was necessary for people in general, even for crushes... or was he just terrible at inserting himself in situations?

Hell, it even happened twice! The first time was that during their fourth year when the moment Jean said that he went to the Alley with his dad and was chilling at the Ice Cream shop, Cathy suddenly rambled along the lines of "What? You went to Bloody London without even notifying me that you were there? What the bloody hell, Jean!" or something like that, he was just making a paraphrase, by the way.

He decided to shrug it off for now when Cathy went back to the topic of them three hanging out in the Alley, thank God. "Sure, I bet some tea here in the alley were okay. Hopefully there's tea reading there, that's a Divination thing right? The ice-cream parlour sounds great, too. Those are great ideas, I'm fine with that" He decided to give a small smile to both of his classmates, even though the thought of Theo was still lingering behind his mind somewhere.

-✖- You know, time crawls on when you're waiting for the song to start -✖-
                                          -✖- So dance alone to the beat of your heart -✖-

Hey young blood, doesn't it feel like our time is running out?
                                          "You're wearing our vintage misery," No, I think it looked a little better on me

User Image

Thinking: "I'll just distract myself... I guess"
        With: Cathy League, Danica Stewart
        Attire: Looking cool

mc2
Cathaline League
Graydon Ironshield
Danica Stewart

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:50 am
User Image
❤ Cathaline Acacia League ❤ a.k.a. Cathyxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx <6th Year>
Looking: Flawlessly Adorable

Cathy nodded as there were discussion on quidditch and how next season would be, knowing what Danica meant about interesting... with their quidditch captain now... well... yeah... She shook her head instead offering when Jean shrugged and said that he hoped to be productive for his team instead of being a reserve, "Oh, you can always be productive for my team, I'm sure I could find you a spot on my main team if you tried out. I can totally claim I forgot you weren't a Puff," Cathy joked to Jean, "though, in all seriousness, reserves are an important part of the team too. I would kill to have a good solid group of reserves to pull from to be honest. Well, maybe not kill... maim someone moderately and permanently perhaps..." She shrugged, "Oh well, at least I'm confident in the Badgers having some of the best chasers around, between me and Iris, I can say that pretty sure. Iris so better be in try-outs this year or I'll give her a good reason to stay in the hospital. 'Parkour' accident, my foot!"

As Danica reassured her and pointed out Eli's reluctance to be around people, Cathy crossed her arms and said, "Yeah, well it wasn't like I had the best of summers last summer either but you didn't see me or my brother act weird. Well, in David's case, more, any weirder than he already acts." She sighed and then added, "And Jean, you do know Snow White has black hair in the stories so I don't think that quite works for Eli. Also he's not very princess like." And then when Jean stared at her surprised about her accusation of avoiding her she said, "Yes, you. Like forever you've sort of avoided me. I mean you never bother giving me a ring or anything over the summer and you have to go to Diagon at least once a year for school stuff, but like never think 'oh hey, I should call up Cathy' or anything. And at school..." She sighed, "...nevermind. Maybe I'm over-exaggerating. And if you are having trouble with your mum, I'd be more than happy to help sort that out. Pretty sure a bunch of psychos who didn't get the memo their freaky cult leader has been dead for like ages decided to go on a 'let's randomly torture, maim, and kill a bunch of school kids' is pretty far from your fault. Knowing my grandparents, I wouldn't be surprised if they had some cake and icecream going 'oh good job hotheaded neo-death eaters'."

She shook her head, giving her eyes a roll of disgust before turning her attention to the topic of Theo, "I don't doubt he wasn't brilliant at fighting Death Eaters, David even trusted Theo some to help him out, I think, but that doesn't mean that Theo isn't dumb too. There's a lot of ways to be dumb. My brother is dumb about basic social etiquette, for example. And, Theo, well, he is too dumb to listen to people and understand the word 'no' or recognize his faults and weaknesses. It's not like he's dumb in any special or horrid way, or that he isn't brilliant in plenty of ways. I mean if I did think Theo was a complete dunce do you honestly think I'd have asked him to help me out with studying for all things?" She smiled and added to explanation to Jean, who she couldn't help but feel a little triumphant at his bit lip when she was talking about him, noting the tinge of something slightly off as he demanded to know for sure which Theo it was she was talking about. "Well he's graduated now, but yeah he was a seventh year last year. And yeah, I guess it was nice of him, especially since he pretty much has this hatred of my brother. They were in mind magic together. Not that he's that great at reading people, but neither is my brother and he is a trained Legilimens, now. Theo could have just been trying to win points with me though since he sort of took a fancying to one of my friends from Queens." Cathy had thought to add that Theo hadn't seemed to mind that Sophie's friend (meaning Cathy) happened to be very cute, and Theo obviously had a weakness for cute girls. And blondes. There was Ronna and Danica. And he had a liking for Sophie. And he had no problem acknowledging Cathy's adorableness, but she got a hint of reaction from Jean, so that was good enough for Cathy-at least for now. He better remember other guys found her adorable after all, and he should too, right?

"Well, if you get a Dreadful, Jean, I'm sure you can always point out you could have done worse and got a Troll for a grade," Cathy said with a shrug. And when it was mentioned upon ideas of what to do, Cathy declared, "Then the tea shop it is! As for reading tea leaves, I'll pass. I don't really believe much in divination, or I'd rather think I can just make my own fate and don't need someone ruining an otherwise lovely experience of enjoying tea for me. Do you want to pick up your gear and stuff you were planning now or wait till after tea, though I bet we can get them to hold our purchases and come back later if you two want. It's what I would do."

Jade Galaksylph

Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:19 pm
User Image
                                                User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text

Dani kept quiet about the subject of OWLs; she doubted any amount of logic would stave off trouble for her if she'd scored a Dreadful or a Troll on any of her exams. She'd never given her aunt or her grandparents cause to be disappointed in her, she didn't want to screw things up for herself now. All things considered, the sooner the owl showed up with her OWL results the better she hoped she would be able to relax. She also wondered if maybe she should take Mind Magic.

The idea of prying into people's thoughts was uncomfortable at best for her, and she really didn't want people having a walkabout in her head either. She'd have to ask Professor Harlowe about that when she got back to the castle.

"I think they might hold things for us if we asked nicely enough," was what Dani said, when Cathy suggested it.

mc2
                                                ]

Jade Galaksylph

════════════════════════

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:53 pm
User ImageUser Image

Sɛƈօռɖ Yɛαʀ Gʀʏʄʄɨռɖօʀ

Gid had been good, doing his studies and even a few extra chores. Why? He wanted to buy a flying broom. Nothing too fancy or expensive, but he really wanted to be able to fly. Heck, even if he wasn't allowed to play Quidditch, he'd be happy soaring around in the clouds. And that's what led Gid and Thresa to Quality Quidditch Supplies. He'd heard nothing but good about the shop, and the guy at the owl store had said the owner was super nice. "So this is the place? And they sell everything you'll need? And you're dead-set on flying, right?" Thresa found only excitement about the sport, but it really was up to her son. If he felt he was physically able to play, then she'd contest anyone who tried to stop him. He'd always been an athletic child, but he hadn't ever really been able to express it. Maybe this was his chance. "Mum, of course this is the place! It's literally got 'quidditch supplies' in the name! And everyone I've asked said this was a great shop! And of course I want to fly! Do you even know how cool it'll be?!?!" He grinned, then moved into the shop proper. They had so many cool brooms, but he really didn't know what he'd be needing. Something that could help with balance for sure. He had researched the game extensively, deciding he'd make a great Chaser. Plus, it had the most action! His eyes were wide, excitement fueling him.

Tʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇs ɪɴ ℓιƒє ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ cяαωℓ, Lᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢʀɪᴘ, тяιρ αη∂ ƒαℓℓ
Wʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀɴ ᴏɴ ɴᴏ-ᴏɴᴇ ᴇʟsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ƒιη∂ уσυяѕєℓƒ
I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴠᴇ ɴᴏᴛɪᴄᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ωαℓкιηg'ѕ єαѕу ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴀᴅ ɪs ғʟᴀᴛ
Tʜᴇᴍ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇᴅ ᴏʟᴇ ʜɪɪʟs'ʟʟ ɢᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ єνєяу тιмє
Yᴇᴀʜ, ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ Lᴏʀᴅ ɢᴀᴠᴇ ᴜs мσυηтαιηѕ sᴏ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ cℓιмв

Yukina101

{OoC:}

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:44 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Lately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars
Yeah, we'll be counting stars

↷Graduate of Salem Witches Institute ↶American Half-Blood ↶ Married to Milo Abrams

Wyatt was, for once, not working in the back on some inane paperwork but instead in the front of the store hanging some stuff in the display window. The was mainly due to the fact that he had finished his reports and stuff last week while James was there entertaining the kids and customers but he was going to put it on good time management instead. He had just levitated the final miniature Quidditch player into position when the bell above his door alerted him to customers. He turned to see a young boy and he supposed his mother since he didn't recognize her to be one of the Hogwarts governors. "Hello there, welcome to QQS, how can I help you today?" he asked them both with a welcoming grin. His eyes strayed to the boys crutches and he noted they weren't like normal ones he had seen on injured players but more like the one pair he'd seen on a kid with cerebral palsy back when he was in elementary school in the states. He seemed pretty excited to be in the shop from the way he was practically bouncing in place like his seven year old son which was the exact type of excitement he loved seeing.
Quote:

Miss GryffindorK

Old, but I'm not that old
I couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't lie

Young, but I'm not that bold
Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly

And I don't think the world is sold
I'm just doing what we're told

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:01 pm
User ImageUser Image

Sɛƈօռɖ Yɛαʀ Gʀʏʄʄɨռɖօʀ

Gid was still looking around when a tall guy walked over. This had to be the owner, right? He greeted them, so he surely worked here. The twelve year old, luckily, didn't notice the man's wandering gaze to his crutches, though Thresa did. Of course, she kept quiet, a small grin on her face. She was used to her son getting glances and even ridicule, but usually adults were a bit more tactful.... hopefully. "Yes! Hi! I really, really want to learn to fly. I got my certificate last year, and even signed up for the advanced class! I just need a broom." Gid nodded, beaming. It was so exciting to think that he'd soon be able to fly anytime! Thresa rumpled Gid' already messy hair, then looked at the man. "Preferably something with balance assistance? If... is that possible? On a broom?" She tilted her head, pondering how brooms of this caliber were even made. Gid nodded again, smiling bigger. "And something for Chasers. That's what I want to try for. I don't really think I'll make it, since I'm not a very good flyer, but I know Gryffindor needs help!" While talking, he was moving his hands animatedly, not minding that his mom was casually holding his shoulder, keeping him from toppling over while he released the crutches for only a moment. "Mmhmm. We're going to try and figure a way to modify it for him. Hopefully we don't disturb any magical stuff!" She was fully prepared to do whatever it took to make her only son smile.

Yukina101

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:58 pm

We'll be counting stars

↷Graduate of Salem Witches Institute ↶American Half-Blood ↶ Married to Milo Abrams

Wyatt's grinned widened as the boy in front of him vibrated and gestured as he voiced his enthusiasm about flying and trying out for his house Quidditch team. When the woman asked about something for balance he immediately thought of the Cleansweep and Nimbus models since they didn't have the traditional speed of a firebolt but they were certainly sturdy things which is what they wanted for him. And when he mentioned playing chaser, especially for Gryffindor, he couldn't smile wider if he'd have tried. "Chaser huh? That was my old position as well, before my little accident." he informed them with a lighthearted shrug before murmuring an accio so that his cane flew from his office into his awaiting hand. He leaned on it gratefully since, while not yet throbbing in pain, his knee had given dull ache that he knew could progressively worsen if he didn't give it some relief. He then walked over to the arrangements of broomsticks. "Well, I've got two choices for you: there's the Cleansweep 11 which is rather...dated compared to the other brooms but it's sturdy and reliable. And then we have the Nimbus models. They're pretty known for their speed and whatnot but they also have very good response time, they react well to their rider, and just like the Cleansweep are well balanced and reliable. Admittedly, I'm leaning more towards the Nimbus, not for the fanciness of it or it's price, but because I can see modifying it for foot stirrups or other equipment would be a lot easier for it than the old Cleansweep." Wyatt admitted to them looking at a 2001 model. The 2010 model was bought primarily more for seekers because of it's speed (not rivaling a firebolt of course but still rather fast), so he thought the 2001 model would have the decent speed without any of the modifications to safety the 2010 one was sure to have.
Quote:

Miss GryffindorK

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:24 pm
User ImageUser Image

Sɛƈօռɖ Yɛαʀ Gʀʏʄʄɨռɖօʀ

Gid loved that the shopkeep seemed happy with the whole ordeal. He said he'd been a chaser, then made a cane fly over. "I bet you were really good. And I've already recovered from my accident, so I can do this!" He was sure he could figure out how to play, even if he wasn't a strong flyer. The man moved to show off some brooms, one of which was the Cleansweep 11, but he said it was dated... like his dad's sense of humor? When he brought out the one called the Nimbus, Gid's eyes went wide. He was listing so many things about it, to which the boy nodded. "It's so cool! I love it! And we can modify it? That'll make it easier! Please mom?!?!" He turned his attention on his mom, who simply smiled. "It's safe, right? The way he was talking, the game wasn't exactly the safest sport... but the safe ones are really dull. If you like it, Gid, we'll get it." Thresa seemed happy, but she did want that final assurance that it was among the safest. She didn't want her son injured... again. Gid grinned, then looked at Wyatt. "Does it have stirrups already made for it? Or would we have to come up with some?" Hopefully it had the kit as well, so Gid could check something else off his list.

Yukina101

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:50 pm

We'll be counting stars

Wyatt chuckled at the boy's enthusiasm as he reached over to grab one of the Nimbus models he had been looking at while the young boy cajoled his mother for the broom. When asked if stirrups came included he frowned and turned the broom over a few times examining it. "Unfortunately no it doesn't. But...but I have some ideas on getting some attached. If it's to your liking, I could create and attach some leg and arm stirrups on it, but that would mean you couldn't take it home for at least another two weeks or so. But I can give you Quidditch Through the Ages and our broom service kit as a consolation gift for the wait." the American offered. He had a similar design on his own broomstick for when he wanted to fly but not mess up his knee anymore than it already was so it wouldn't hopefully be too too difficult to create something for the much shorter boy.
Quote:

Miss GryffindorK

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:08 pm
User ImageUser Image

Sɛƈօռɖ Yɛαʀ Gʀʏʄʄɨռɖօʀ

Gid watched the man like a hawk as he grabbed one of the brooms. It was so shiny! After asking about trying to modify the broom, the man frowned. That made Gid bite his lip cautiously. Was it a fool's dream? After a quiet moment, the man relented. It didn't come with the stirrups he'd probably need to make it work. All at once, the frown was dissipating. He could make it work?! Really?! And he had magic too, not to mention knowledge, so he probably knew exactly what to do. It would take two weeks, but that was nothing in comparison to flying for years to come! THEN to top it all off, he was offered a book and broom care kit. "R-really? You can do that? Just for me?! I-I would really like that." Gid was smiling largely, excited to have all this help. And he could read up and really nail down the mechanics of Quidditch. Awesome! Thresa smiled at the man, then rumpled her son's hair once more. "Thank you. Very much so. That gentleman over at... what was it called? The place with all the owls?" Gid looked at his mom, then grinned. "Eeylops, mom. He said you were super nice. He was a bit odd, but he was right." He chuckled, prompting the woman to laugh along as well. It seemed there were a lot of nice people on this weird little street.

Yukina101

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash